Title: Blood Red

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: So not mine.

Rating: R (Some incest and rape)

Summary: When Ginny finally cant stand the abuse her older brother suffers, she finally asks for help.

Notes: This is an AU

Pairings: Dawn/Percy (Eventually)


Blood Red
by Kate R.


Prologue: Dear Charlie

"Dear Charlie,

I don't know how to say this in words. I'm not eloquent like you and Bill or sarcastic like Ron or like Fred and George at all but I need help and Bill can't come.

Charlie, mum has been hurting Percy again. I don't know why but I see him and he's getting more and more withdrawn. Charlie, he turned down his biggest dream. He turned down being head boy. He just said he couldn't take anymore.

He turned in his prefect's badge too.

I hear him crying in his room at the burrow at night. Mum wont let him leave it except for meals. I'm writing this from school and I'm writing in present tense about what mum's done....did...see? I am a basket case.

I don't know what to do, Charlie. Mum did something to him. She went into his room and shut the door and I think I know what she did because now he wont let anyone touch him. It's scary Charlie and I felt so sick. Ron, Fred and George don't care and neither...neither does daddy.

Charlie....Please? I know you can help. You're the best big brother and I know you can. And I don't know whom else to ask. He's dying Charlie. I know Percy was serious but now he's almost a ghost. He's thrown everything away he wanted, turned down all his dreams at school and I'm scared
for him.

I'm so scared.

You're loving, but desperate sister,

Ginny."


"Fuck," Charlie Weasley whispered as he read the letter from his little sister over and over again. "Oh, hell."

He felt tears sting his eyes as he read it and he couldn't think of anything but how much pain Percy had to be in for Ginny to write this letter from school. It was a risk if the twins or Ron caught her.

Charlie had known for a long time that something was wrong in his family with how Percy was treated. He'd known but he'd never dreamed it would go this far that Ginny was implying....and his mind froze unable to complete the thought. Charlie swallowed as he read the letter again. He knew what she wasn't saying just as much as he knew what she was. God, what did he do?

Charlie swallowed again as he realized there was only one thing he could do.

Because he knew why their mother hated Percy so much. He'd known since a Defense Against the Dark Arts class in his fifth year when the class had covered the Scourge of Europe and he'd seen William the Bloody's face. He'd researched William the Bloody to find his surname and everything he could about him and he'd found what he thought he would. William the Bloody was their ancestor. And there was a prophecy about him. Even now Charlie remembered what it was clearly. It was such a shocker to read but he'd known as soon as he saw it that it was Percy. He'd just known. And he sat down and wrote it out as he composed a letter to be sent to William.

He had never told his mother he'd found the vampire. He'd known poor Percy would just get worse treatment if he did. Now there was no choice, William Bloodwell was needed.


He Wrote:

William's Heir
A wizard of the Blood shall be turned
Denied his soul, claiming vengeance
He shall become part of an elite group
Warriors who face and destroy evil
A century will pass
And an heir to him will be born
Third son, wand of William's Blood
Possessing the power given by being of the Blood
Denied attention and affection
His body shall be broken
His soul damaged
With the birth and tormented life
The heir shall call to William without awareness
Calling him back with the Warriors
The day that this occurs it is the beginning of the end
Evil and darkness shall fall before William and his heir


Charlie looked down at the prophecy he'd rewritten from his memory, one that had been burned there since he'd originally read it and then he placed a picture of Percy in the envelope as well as a hand written note:

"William Bloodwell," it read. "You don't know me but this prophecy ash come to pass. Your heir was born and he needs you. He's my little brother and all he's ever known in his life is pain and fear. I don't ask this lightly Lord Bloodwell but he needs you.

Regards,
Charles Weasley"

Charlie then addressed the letter and sent it by messenger owl. This was too important to waste time on and William Bloodwell had to be reached.




Sunnydale, California a two and a half days later:

A quiet little town on the California coast, it is normally peaceful indoors in most places at night. The Magic Box is no exception. Although open late, it is rarely a noisy place. Rarely that is until an owl arrived carrying of all things a letter.

Inside the shop, someone opens the letter and there is a moment of silence before....
"SONUVABITCH!!!!!"



PART 1: William Bloodwell

He stood stock still after the owl arrived and he'd read the letter. The only thing that betrayed his rage by whatever was written besides his face was the roar of "Sonuvabitch!" they'd all just heard. He was actually breathing which was a sure sign of Spike trying not to explode any more than he already had. Giles was watching as Spike suddenly turned and opened his hand.

"ACCIO WAND!" He called.

And Giles stared as a glass case on the counter suddenly exploded and the wand that had been sitting on display in it flew to Spike's hand. He held it for a moment and then smiled as the golden light flared from the tip.

"You're a wizard?" Giles asked incredulously.

"Yeah mate," Spike said absently as he looked at the letter. "Name's William Bloodwell. Got me a Prophecy written about me after I died. I didn't think about it until just now but I am just over 100 years old. Just about the right time and all."

"W-William B-B-Bloodwell?" Anya stammered.

Giles was looking a tad nervous too but Spike laughed.

"Yeah, Demon Girl, I thought you knew. I figured you recognized me. I mean you claimed to know everything. I am William Bloodwell and the heir of mine was finally born. Prophecy's come to pass and all, means I'm needed in England."

"England?" Giles asked.

"Well, okay, Scotland," he told the watcher. "Needed at Hogwarts. This was written from a school, this letter that caused this Charles to send me a letter and include the prophecy and his little sister's letter as well as the picture of my heir. He's almost a spittin' image of me he is."

"You looked like his when you were human?" Buffy asked with a snigger.

Spike growled and Xander took the picture. He however, had the sense to keep his mouth shut.

"When he gets a few years older, his hair will darken to reddish brown like mine did. All those of the Bloodwell line have Blood Red hair but only my Heir would have hair that would turn like mine did. This kid is it. I got no doubts about it. If I didn't know this was a modern picture, I'd swear I was looking at myself at 17."

"It's just...he looks so nerdy," Buffy laughed.

"Buffy!" Her mother snapped. "Have you even looked at the other letter or are you too busy insulting the boy you haven't even met yet? Spike, what does this mean your gifts?"

"Ah well," Spike began, "Ripper there knows about Parseltongue. I'm more than that and so is my heir. Parseltongue is the ability to speak to snakes. Just snakes. My heir and I however can speak to all predators. That makes us deadly to the dark wizards because all animals that hunt will speak to us and maybe obey us."

"When do you have to go?" Dawn asked.

Spike sighed. "We, nibbles. When do we have to go," he told her. "The prophecy speaks of Warriors who will come with me. Joyce, I include you as a warrior as well as Captain Chaos. I count all of ya as warriors and that includes you, Glenda, Demon Girl and Dawn. But, we have to go to one other place before I introduce you all to the concept of Floo Powder and Flooing."

"Where?" Giles asked although he suspected he knew. He knew he'd be going home and getting Ethan up and packed as well as getting their wands out.

"LA," Spike told him. "My Sire is one of the warriors too. I'm thinking his group of heroes is as well. Course we have to stop in Diagon Alley as well once we get to England."

"Why?" Giles asked. Everyone else was too stunned at hearing Spike tell them all this.

"Because I have to see if the boy's mother tried to open the vault without him. Or against his will. Also, Ripper, you and Captain Chaos need new wands. Bring the old ones though as I think they can be merged with your new ones."

"Spike, what vault?" Buffy finally asked.

"My bank vault," Spike told her. "Only my heir and I can open it or the gates to the manor I own."

"You're rich?" Buffy demanded.

"Yes, so what? I couldn't get to it before now because I haven't had a reason to go back. I told Rupes there it was a loan. I planned to pay you all back eventually. Now, you wanna come with me and help me kick living shit out of some evil? AND maybe help me lay the smack down on a bitch who doesn't know what kind of a treasure she has in my heir?"

"I want his mother," Buffy heard her mother say in a voice that was so cold it was scary. "I want the bitch that would rape her own son in attempt to make him give her what she wanted. I want the bitch who would make him give up his dreams."

"I'll teach you some spells, Joyce, 'cause I sense the potential in you and Nibbles," Spike said. "And you can have the bitch. I want one minute so she sees me but then she's all yours."

"I won't need magic," Joyce said angrily and it suddenly occurred to Spike by the magic aura he sensed n Joyce that Joyce had gone to Salem Academy. "Because I wont be using a wand to hurt her. I'll be using my hands around her throat. He's a boy, barely more than a child if you go by Wizarding standards. Just like all of my kids."

"Fine," Spike said as he looked at everyone. "You all go home and pack what you think you'll need. I'll get new clothes and stuff for you there but I want you all to have a few changes of clothes with you until I have time. I'm going back into this world. You come with me and it may be awhile, a long while before any of us come out. I knew this would be when the Darkness rose again."

"And now we're going to fight it?" Buffy asked.

"No," Spike said. "Now I am going to fight it. You all will be fighting its minions. The defeat has to be brought about by my heir and I. So, go pack."

And he then walked out of the shop, going to his crypt to pack his belongings and knowing he would only come back to this town ate the evil in this world was defeated and his heir was safe. Only then. And not a second before.

That was His Promise.



2: Contemplations

"William is coming," he told his people as he hung up the phone. He turned to look at the lobby and sighed as he hung up the phone. Something's happened and he needs to speak to me about something important."

"Do they know yet?" Cordelia asked. And her tall, dark boss shook his head as he looked down at a picture he'd been drawing. A drawing of Spike and Drucilla. On another page was a drawing of his mate, Wesley and on still another page was one of Cordelia herself with an image of Phantom Dennis watching over her.

"What are we going to do then?" she asked him as she saw him looking at a book. He was now too keyed up to draw.

"We hope it doesn't take long. Harris will be with them."

And Cordelia and Wesley both hissed. They both knew how very angry Angelus was about what had happened to Angel. They knew about the soul and what had happened to it in hell and what Angelus had done to save what was left of it. They had both known that this was not the souled vampire. This was a demon that had come to love and care for a soul and when that soul was hurt beyond the demon's ability to repair it, the demon had granted it rest. The demon had made a pact with The Powers That Be for the sake of the soul. No one else knew but those two who had chosen to work with him. One of who was now Mate of All and the other of which was Seer. Doyle had known too but Doyle ah told him that was the way of it. Doyle had also seen his own death.

Angelus stood looking at his sketchbook and his reading book/journal and all he could feel was the beginning of the anger that he always felt when he thought of what had happened to his poor Soul. He hated the boy that had done it. Hated Alexander with a passion for what his "Little White Lie" had caused. He wanted the boy punished and the Powers had told that it would happen one day.

Angelus was being patient.

He was standing thinking when Wesley's arms wrapped around him and hugged him from behind. Oh, his beloved Mate was the one who could leech the rage out of him and help him retain his calm throughout the meeting that was to come. The air in the lobby shifted and Cordelia smiled as Dennis made his presence known. Wesley had done a spell so Dennis could be wherever they were. Dennis liked exploring new places so sometimes Angelus would go to a museum or something just so Dennis could see it.

"How long do we have before they arrive?" Wesley asked.

Angelus looked at the clock. "A few hours, why?" he asked.

"Come on then," Wesley told him. "You need to relax. Cordy? Can you watch the office?"

"Sure, Wes," she said. She smiled as she saw him take Angel's hand and lead him up to his bedroom…their bedroom and she felt Dennis touch her. Dennis was her lover but for now, they had to watch over the office ad wait. And maybe soon, they could get this prophecy done so Angelus and Wes could go live a life worth living and she could go live wit Dennis. And those from Sunnydale could go o hell for all she cared. Well, except for Giles, Ethan, Dawn and Spike. And maybe Buffy's mom. Butt he others, Buffy, Willow and Xander could just burn in hell for all she cared. Really.

And so, Cordelia Chase, Seer to the vampire with a Heart, sat and waited for those who were coming. And she waited for once, patiently.

3: William's Trouble

They had come back down after a shag and a shower ten minutes before the doors to the lobby opened and the group from Sunnydale came in. Spike looked about as pissed off as Angelus had ever seen him. He was stalking and the barely controlled fury was obvious. Something had happened to make his favored angry. Something was terribly wrong.

"Sire," Spike said. "I need your help."

"What's happened, Childe?" Angelus asked.

"Prophecy of my heir has come to pass. Needed back in Scotland with you all."

"Your heir?" Angelus asked.

Spike nodded. "William's heir," Spike said. "I'm William."

"Those sneaky bastards," Angelus muttered. "Well, that explains why the payment for their boon to me was until this prophecy came to pass."

"Boon to you?" Xander asked.

"Yes," Angelus answered. "Oh, wait, you don't know. Boon to me because my soul was killed in hell and the torment in his/our mind was/is too much so I made a deal with the powers. Liam would be sent to Elysium and I would work for them until this prophecy came to pass. Yes, Xander, your little lie murdered a soul. How does it make you feel?"

"But, I," the youth began.

Angelus however, was not going to excuse it anymore. He had wanted to let this go but the Oracles refused to allow it so now he had to say all the things he'd bitten off saying after hell for Angel's sake. He looked at Buffy, Willow and Xander and his eyes blazed angry gold. "You three really are the most selfish little bastards I have ever met. When something goes wrong, the first thing you all botch about is how it affects your lives. Well, other people are affected by your actions. You killed my little brother! I would have let this go but the Oracles want you all held accountable for it. I don't know what it will be in Xander or Buffy's case but in your case Willow, you no longer have magic. I hope you all enjoy your fucking lives, I really do. Because after this, I never want to see any of the three of you again. William? When do we need to go?"

"Now if we can, Sire," Spike said. And Angelus nodded and herded them out to the cars and drove to the Floo network station in LA. This was going to be a fun trip he was sure.

Arriving, the let Giles demonstrate how Floo Powder worked and then Angelus went last before Spike. Spike took one last look at the US of A and then threw his Floo powder into the fire.

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" He shouted and then stepped into the fire when it turned green.

Hell was coming for those who'd hurt his heir. They just didn't know it yet.

end part 3
(Next, William's Heir)