Title: The Blood of Giles

Author: Kate R

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: The Sentinel belongs to pet Fly, Buffy and Co belongs to Joss.
.
Rating: PG-13 to R

Pairings: Jim/Blair, Giles/Ethan

Summary: Family discovered

Notes: Complete and Total AU for both worlds. Blair is not a cop in this one. I mucked with time.



The Blood of Giles
by Kate R


Jim Ellison had a bad feeling as he got home from work. Naomi had stopped by this morning saying she had something she needed to tell Blair and Jim had not wanted to leave but he had a case that he had to get the paper work done on. He had a bad feeling as he entered the building that something was wrong and when he opened the door, he knew it. He knew walking into the apartment something was wrong with his partner. And he knew watching the hunched figure on the couch that whatever it was, it was bad. He knew by the lack of sage in the air that Naomi was gone. He knew a lot of things but not what exactly it was. Best to just ask and have done with it.

"Chief?" he asked quietly as he sat on the edge of the couch. Is something wrong? Where's your mom?"

"Gone," Blair whispered as he looked up at him. "Mom left after she told me."

"Told you what, Chief?" Jim asked as he shifted Blair so his head was against his chest. Blair was clinging now, holding on as if he needed Jim to ground and save him.

"She knew who it was," Blair whispered. "She knew who he was. And she never told him either."

"Blair, you have to make sense here. Who did she know who was?"

"My father," Blair whispered as the first tears fell. "She told me who he was. And that she never told him either. And that it really shouldn't be important anymore because it doesn't matter. I'm grown now."

"It matters, Chief," Jim said silently cursing Naomi for this. "It matters because you do need him. Did she tell you his name?"

Blair nodded and burrowed against Jim.

"What is it, Chief," Jim asked. "I need to know if we're going to track him down."

"Giles," Blair said after a few minutes of muffled sobs. "Rupert Giles. He's British."

"It's a place to start then," Jim said. "We'll start as soon as we've gotten some rest. And Chief, if he's anything like you, and he ash to be because you are nothing like her, he'll want you. I know it."

Blair gave Jim a hopeful look and Jim nodded firmly. "He will, Chief. I know it. Now, come on, let's get some rest, okay?"

Blair nodded and Jim took them both up to bed. Better Blair got some rest now. Because once they found this guy, Jim had a feeling things were going to go fast.

"Rupert Giles," Jim said to himself. "Rupert Giles."

And he knew, laying in the dark with Blair on his chest, that the adventure was just beginning.


part 2

The search for Rupert Giles would have to wait until after the conference," Jim mused as he drove his truck South on the Highway towards Sunnydale, California. Normally they would have flown but Blair needed the drive. He needed the time to get everything in place in his head and heart. Jim was still cursing Naomi in all the many and varied languages he knew. But at least maybe at the end of this, there would finally be some closure for Blair. At least, Jim Hoped.

They arrived in Sunnydale a few days later and checked into their hotel. Jim kept having the oddest feeling of being watched, and he didn't like the way whatever it was felt. His senses were all on hyper alert as he walked the town that night to get a feel for it.

"What the hell?" he asked himself as he saw the fight. He saw a group fighting an...A thing he remembered Incacha telling him about and he responded, going primal.

He grabbed a piece of metal with a sharp edge and ran at the thing as if he were holding a spear. He saw an older man on the ground whose scent was shockingly familiar but there would be time for that later.

The thing, on seeing Jim, instantly recoiled as he snarled at it and his Spirit Guide suddenly appeared at his side and roared. The Thing ran. Jim turned his attention to the man on the ground and looked at him for a long, confused moment before it finally clicked.

"Your name wouldn't happen to be Rupert Giles now, would it?" he asked.

"Uh...yes, yes it is," the man said with a pronounced British Accent.

"Bite me, Naomi," Jim muttered. Louder he said, "Good, your son by Naomi Sandburg would really like to meet you."

"S-son?" the man stuttered. "N-Naomi? Oh...Dear Lord."

And he promptly passed out.

"Is he okay?" Jim asked as he caught the man before he hit the ground.

"Yeah," a boy with dark hair and eyes said, as he watched Jim like a hawk. "He hit his head during that fight. He really has a son?"

"Yes, he does. That he was never told of. Nor was his son told about him before last week when his mother the bitch decided to rip his heart out with this information. We were going to look for him anyway and this police conference came up and here we are. So, when will he wake up?"

"Give him a minute," the boy said. This takes time. He hasn't been hit that hard in awhile. Yep, here he comes. Hey, G-man, that was a rough knock."

"Oh, I dare say it was," the British man he'd confirmed was Rupert Giles said. "And the shock after that was just as big. Is my son near?"

"Yeah, he is," Jim, said. "Come on if you think you can handle meeting him tonight. I'll take you to him."

"Thanks," the man said as he got to his feet. The group followed him to the hotel where Jim saw his partner waiting.

"Hey chief," he said. "I was walking around town and I sort of found what we were looking for. Uh, Blair, this is Rupert Giles."

"Uh...hallo," Giles stammered. He looked at Blair uncertain as to what ws going to happen when the younger man suddenly launched himself into Giles' arms. Giles staggered slightly and Jim stabilized him.

"Hey, you're bleeding," Jim, said.

Giles shrugged. "Par for the course. Hallo Blair is it? I'm very pleased to meet you."

And then Jim reacted, catching Giles as he seemed to lose consciousness again.

"Damn," the boy said. "Guess it will be the hospital tonight. I didn't realize he was bleeding. Here, give him to him. I'll get him there."

end part 2