Title: Begun by Letters

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: not mine and never will be. HP belongs to JKR, Buffy belongs to Joss

Fandom: BTVS/HP

Rating: PG-13 I think

Pairings: Percy/Dawn eventually

Summary: an accidental letter starts a friendship.

Notes: This fic is not, I repeat NOT for Willow Lovers or Xander Lovers



Begun by Letters
by Kate R.


Prologue: The Big Oops

She looked down at the piece of notebook paper in front of her as she read over her letter. Hopefully these people could give her an answer. Hopefully.

"e>
To Who it May Concern,
My name is Dawn Summers and I have a question: Why is it not illegal to throw Chaos at someone and trash their magic aura to hell? My friend Rupert Giles has a friend named Ethan Rayne who was hit with a Chaos Curse that's done nothing but cause him pain for years. It happened in the magical world Giles muttered while he took care of Ethan after one of these surge thingies. So, I want to know why throwing that curse isn't illegal? It hurts people; Ethan actually physically bleeds because of it.
Regards,
Dawn Summers"


She addressed the letter and took it the mailbox and mailed it.

She did not see that it glowed and vanished from the mailbox once it was inside and was sent another way to its intended receiver. She just wanted an answer to her questions.

Dawn stopped in a store and bought Ethan some chocolate ice cream since it was his favorite and she wanted to make him happy if she could while he was convalescing. Giles said it was going to take time this time. Ethan had let the surge go too long before coming to him. Ethan had said he didn't want to hurt anyone so he stayed away until that urge was gone. Giles said he'd rather deal with a prank than see Ethan like he was now. Dawn agreed. Dawn was helping Giles make him better. No matter what it took.

She'd sent her letter, now she was going to have to wait.

Dawn hated waiting.



END PROLOGUE