Awakening

Author: Kate R.

Disclaimer: I wish they were mine but they aren't.

Rating: PG-13 to R

Pairing: Wes/Angelus

Summary: Wesley dies but doesn't, not really.

 

Awakening
By Kate R.

Screeching tires, pain, twisting metal and the scent of Blood.

The Mate's blood. Angelus groaned as he came back to himself and memory returned. The car. He and Wes had been driving to the market to get something for Wes. Something he wanted but had been too afraid to ask for before now. They were on the way home. They were driving, just driving, even obeying the speed limits and everything when the other car had come barreling out of a side street and slammed into them. He was ejected by the impact and as he turned his head, he saw so was his mate. His beautiful Wesley was lying in a broken heap and pool of blood on the ground.

"Wesley," he whispered as he got to his feet and stumbled to where Wes was lying in the street. He saw the other car wasn't going anywhere and the driver was fine but for a few bumps and bruises.

"Wesley?" he whispered as he lifted the broken body into his arms. "Wes, can you hear me? Pleas, luv. Please?"

Wes' eyes opened and he looked at Angelus and Angelus could see it. Hs Wes was dying.

"No," Angelus whispered as his beloved's body went limp in his arms and his heart stopped as surely as his breathing. "Please, no. You aren't dead. Please. Please, don't leave me, Wes. Please. Please. NOOOOOOO!!!! JENNY!!!"

In that moment of grief he screamed for the one who cared for Wes as much as he did. Wes' adopted mother: Jenny MacLeod. Slowly, he gathered Wes' body and moved him out of the street and to a patch of grass nearby. His Wes hated lying on hard things and the grass was so soft. Then, slowly and with deliberate purpose, he turned his attention to the woman who had slammed into their car.

"You killed him," he said as his eyes began to glow amber and then up to Gold. "You killed Mine. My own, sweet mate."

"Your car was in the way of my pursuit of a rogue vampire," the woman said.

Angelus looked at her and his anger grew another notch.

"Human life is supposed to matter to you Executioners," he snarled guessing who and what she was. "You slammed into a car doing less than the posted speed limit. You hit us. You hurt me, you killed my mate. Give me a reason why I should not kill you right now?"

"Who are you?" she asked as she pulled a gun on him as he advanced.

"I am Angelus the Butcher, Scourge of Europe," he said. "The Master of this place. And you have hurt my servant, my Mate, my CHOSEN!"

She pulled the trigger on her gun and to her shock, her silver bullets did nothing to him but piss him off it seemed.

He walked forward slowly as she continued to shoot.

"I see those marks, little Executioner. You've breached protocol. You came here without permission which you need being who and what you are. You killed my Mate; you just shot me for no reason. Any other charges against you before I pass judgment?"

She shot gain and again and he finally knocked her gun away from her as he pulled his sharp edged bullwhip. He cracked it once and she jerked back as he let his darker nature swim to the surface and he went after her.

She threw her power at him and he reflected it. It did not touch him to her horror. Power over the dead should have allowed her to control a walking corpse but he wasn't. He was more, she realized as he stalked her backwards.

He was so lost to grief and rage he did not see Jenny arrive and go to Wesley's side immediately. Nor did he see Wesley revive to immortality. No, all he saw was the woman in front of him who had taken His away from him. He wanted her to die for that outrage. He wanted her spitting blood and begging. He wanted to teach her why he was called The Scourge of Europe. He wanted...

"Angelus, no," a weak voice whispered.

The hand on his arm stopped him and he turned to look. His breath caught in his throat.

"W-Wesley?" he asked as blood tears began to fall form his eyes as he took in the sight. His was resting in Jenny's arms. His Wesley. His beautiful, beautiful Wesley.

"Wesley," he cried as he gathered the man into his arms and held him to his chest.

The woman who had hit their car started to walk away and

Angelus chuckled as she walked into Giles.

Giles who looked supremely Pissed. "I think not," was all that the Watcher said in a cold, arctic
voice. "I so think Not." The smile was pure Ripper and Angelus saw the fear on the woman's
face.

'Good,' he thought. 'She deserves to be afraid. More, she should be.'



END