Title: Apocalypse Fall

Author: Kate R

Rating: PG-13 to R I suppose

Pairings: Giles/Ethan, Wes/Angel, Xander/Spike (So Far)

Notes: This Evil little plot Bunny bit me the other day after I watched Highlander and then the Apocalypse Arc on X-Men Evolution. The Buffy Characters and the Gods just snuck in on me but they work

Summary: Apocalypse is awakening, someone has to stop him.

Disclaimer: Everyone belongs to someone else. I make no money off any of this.

 

Apocalypse Fall
by Kate R


Prologue: Discovery of the Prophecy


Magneto sat in an old library going through book after book hoping he could find something to stop the coming darkness. He saw Charles and his students working in the same way. Katherine Pryde was using a computer researching that way, he and his group were digging through tome after tome, same as Charles was. Magneto was beginning to despair of finding anything that could stop the first mutant when his eyes caught something on a page in his book. It was an odd Rhyme and the Title was Apocalypse Fall. He began to read avidly. Praying this was what he needed


Apocalypse Fall


Lo the Day will come when the Evil One Shall Awaken
Children of the Atom shall fight him, both Good and Forsaken
They Cannot Win, but shall make time
For the Gathering of His Immortal Line
His Eldest Son who did Become Death
His Grandsons with the Power to stop his Breath
Death who is Methos, who in past gave his Heart
War now named Darius who practices Ares' Art
Plague now named Wes who can kill with the Air
Destruction, Named Ripper who does not Fight Fair
Witnesses come out of concern for their Kin
They shall bear Witness to the powerful Din
Chaos comes to seal His Tower
One who damns and strips his Power
Laughter shall come in this darkest Hour
And he who sees only Black and White
With He who challenges another's Fight
Let them come, One and All
They shall bear Witness to Apocalypse Fall


Magneto quickly called Charles over. This felt right and it named them, the mutants, so he knew it was connected to their plight.

"Who is Methos?" he asked Xavier. The Professor Sighed.

"Come back to the school with me. There is something you need to know. It will make this easier to understand," he said. Magneto nodded and gathered his brotherhood as Xavier gathered his students, his X-men and led them out of the library after Kitty made a copy of the prophecy by hand in her note book.

As they left, a pale man with Chameleon eyes stepped out of the stacks. He had been listening since they came in talking about Apocalypse and how to stop him.

It was serious.

His worst fear was coming to pass.

He had to call his Sons because his Father was awakening.

"Shit, Shit, SHIT!" He yelled in the empty library.

He had hoped and prayed this day would never come. But it was here and there was nothing for him to do but gather the New Horsemen.

"Goddammit!" he snarled as he stalked out of the library his long coat flowing behind him. This was not something he wanted to do. His children had their own lives and they did not need this. But, he sighed as he picked up the phone; there was no other way.

"Darius?" he said as his eldest answered his phone at his art studio. Darius had left the church and begun to do things he actually liked. "It's Time," he said into the phone.

Darius cursed and Methos chuckled as he hung up and made two other calls. He hoped his children could forgive him for this. But, as he knew, there was no other choice. Apocalypse could not be allowed to rise again. Methos swore to himself as he began to prepare. Father was dying this time. He would not spare him out of loyalty to Kronos. Apocalypse was going down. That was his vow. That was the Vow of Death.


Chapter 1: the Sons of Death


Seacouver, Washington


Darius stood quietly for five minutes after hanging up the phone with his father. He was as ready for this as he was going to be. Methos had called him. Father had said it was time. Apocalypse was rising. He had to be stopped.

Sighing, Darius put down the paintbrush he had been using. He would finish the picture when this was done. He had to get moving. Father was waiting for him at the library. Darius walked up to his room and opened his closet. In the back was a pair of black jeans, a set of black boots, a blood red T-shirt, a black cloak lined with blood red silk and a sword sheath.

Darius slid the clothes on after stripping out of his blue jeans and cream-colored T-shirt and showering. It was past time he took on his destiny.

He ignored Duncan as he walked own the steps and out the front door where there was a cab waiting. He heard Jenny and Richie call his name and he waited for them. Something told him they were part of this as well. He waited and they all got in the cab, heading to the airport. A flight out to New York. This was going to be fun.


Destiny was here.
Father had called.
War was needed.
So be it.


Los Angelus, California


Wesley Wyndham Pryce came out of his office slowly. He was thinking quite hard about the phone call and the brief message from his father: "It is time."

He swallowed as he made his way into the conference room where his two mates, Angel and Faith, were waiting. They had to leave. He didn't know for how long, but he loved them so much and he couldn't be without them. He just couldn't. He walked into the room and found them standing waiting. One look at his face and Faith was on her way up the steps telling Angel to get Wes dressed for this trip and she would pack for them. Angel nodded and guided Wes back into his office where there was a set of clothes that was always waiting for him. Olive green jeans and vest, golden tan shirt and cloak lined with olive green silk. Sword, short ax and black boots. He looked up as Faith came into the office dressed in brown leather pants and a green silk tank top. Angel took the bindle she tossed him, his leather pants and purple silk shirt and black boots. Faith's feet were encased in black boots that stopped mid-calf. Angel also found his belt with the heavy silver buckle in the bundle. He dressed in those clothes and then they made their way out to the office where Gunn was waiting as per Faith's phone call to take them to the airport.

They passed Cordelia on the way out but Angel did not give her time to whine. He simply glared at her as they left. This was not the time to put up with her. Wes was glad. He needed to get to New York where his father would be waiting.

Plague was needed now.

So mote it be.

 

Sunnydale, California

Rupert Giles walked down the steps dressed in midnight blue jeans, black boots, an ash gray t-shirt that was tight cross his broad shoulder, carrying a sword and with a midnight blue cloak lined with ash gray silk thrown over his shoulder. He looked at the two young men sitting in his living room with three girls. He looked at them and nodded once curtly bringing them to their feet immediately. Xander walked into the bathroom and came out a moment later wearing dark blue jeans and blue t-shirt. His feet were encased in his hiking boots. He looked at Giles who nodded.

Spike, the young man who was actually a vampire was not changing his clothes. Giles chuckled as they turned
to the front door. When they opened it, they found Ethan leaning against the wall wearing black jeans, black boots, a silk shirt that shimmered different colors as he moved through the light in a chaotic whirl. Giles took his hand tightly in his own and squeezed. Ethan smiled back they looked at the boys who were waiting. Ethan gestured to the street where there was sedan waiting for them. Ethan had evidently hired it and was having it drop them at the airport.

Giles looked over his shoulder once more to where Buffy and Willow were standing with shocked looks on their faces. Tara smiled at them gently and mouthed "Good Luck" to them as they got in the car. She knew. And she was not angry. As they were driving through Sunnydale and to LAX where his little brother and his mates were waiting, Giles chuckled.

It was time to meet his fate.
Destruction had been called.
Let Darkness tremble.

Scotland


Cassandra sat bolt upright from her dream. It was happening too fast, She wasn't ready. How could she take credit for the Fall of the Evil One if she wasn't the one to gather them all? But then, it hit her suddenly that this was not her fight. Nor the fight of Her Champion. This was His Fight.

His fight with his children and their chosen. She had no place in it bar observer if she chose.

She got up and packed. She would fly to Seacouver and meet Duncan and they would be there to bear witnesses to this greatness. The Day the Evil One fell.

It was indeed Time.

 

New York

Destiny woke with a cry as she felt the pieces clicking into place. The future she now saw was far better than the one she had been seeing until last night. The New horsemen were coming. They might yet be saved.

 

Chapter 2: The New Horsemen

"G-man," Xander said as they deplaned in New York. "Can you explain this to us, please? I mean meeting up with Wesley and Angel and Faith was interesting and you seem to be going the same pace and you called him brother. Ethan is here I get as your mate. Uhm, but what's going on?"

"Something worse than the Hellmouth opening," a German accented voice said form behind. Giles and Wesley both turned and grinned at the big man standing there. They both hugged him. And then they looked at each other, the three of them. "Do you know where father is?" Giles asked.

Darius nodded and looked over the group. "He's getting the bikes," Darius said. "You know we can't use horses until we get to Egypt. We're using motorcycles here. We have to get to a school in Bay View. About two hours up the highway."

Okay, where do we go to get them?" Wesley asked. Darius chuckled. "I have a van waiting for all of us. Come along. Grab your luggage if you brought any. I didn't bring much. I don't think we'll have much time you know?"

"Yeah," Giles said as he lit up a cigarette. "I know the feelin' . Eth? You smokin'?"

"Yeah, when we get on the road. Kids, what’s happening is that Ripper, Wes and Darius' grandfather is waking up. He's something so evil he makes an ascension look like a walk in the park. We do not want him awake and free. He was---There is no word for him. We called him Apocalypse. That is what he is. He will see everyone and everything dead. We will not allow that. That's why the New Horsemen have been gathered. And their mates and kin. Spike is Strife and Murder. He is also Love. You, Alexander are Prejudice, Spite and Joy. Faith is Mania, Discord and Compassion. I am Chaos, good and bad. Angel is Fear and Loathing. Jennifer and Richard who I believe are Darius' children are Pain and Panic as well as Balance and Temperament. This is a battle your Buffy has no place in. For all her skill, she cannot do anything against one such as their grandfather. Faith can because she is balanced. She is Faith. Now, I see the bike lot coming up. "Who are you all though," Xander asked. Giles had only said it was time and asked them if they would stand with him should Time ever come.

He and Spike has said yes. "I am Destruction," Giles said. "Wesley is Plague, Darius is War and Father, Methos, is Death. We are also Body, Mind, Soul and Heart. We are the New Horsemen. The New Horsemen of Apocalypse. And we will bring about his downfall. Everyone mount up. We have a trip and no time to waste on gabbing. More will be explained when we get to the X-Men. They need to learn this as well."

The Eleven got on their bikes and started them and then turned the bikes to the north. Bay view, be ready. The Horsemen and their Camp were coming. Apocalypse Beware, the immortal Line was coming to finish what was begun 5000 years ago.

 

Chapter 3: Meetings

"Immortals?" Magneto asked as he looked at the findings.

Professor X nodded as he led the brotherhood back through the mansion to the living room. "I found the first one in Paris. I got a very big shock when I tried to read his mind. He was the reason Rome fell. He was the reason the Nazi's began to have trouble in the Second World War. He was known as the Ares Flame during that time. He was a catholic priest. Or at least, that was the life he chose at the time. He was powerful, Eric. His ability with flame and fire makes Pyro look weak."

"Will they come to us?" Magneto asked. Just then there was a roar of motorcycles and everyone in the mansion walked out to where there were eleven riders appearing.

"I'd have to say, yes. They will come to us," the Professor said as he saw the group dismount. Four walked ahead of the others. Four who radiated power and strength.

"I am Become Death," the leader said. He had chameleon eyes and he looked at the X-men and the Brotherhood. "These are my children: War, Destruction and Plague. Those are our Kin. We were called here because my father has awakened. We were called here to put a stop to him."

"How do you know Apocalypse is waking?" Magneto asked.

The man chuckled and took his helmet off so they could see his face. "Because I heard you talking about it in the Library," he said. "And I know what it will mean if Father awakens. It is time he was stopped. Permanently this time."

"Why didn't you kill him last time?" Cyclops asked.

Magneto answered before Methos could. "Because, Summers, despite everything, Apocalypse is his father. He may have hoped it would be enough to imprison him."

"I wish it had been," Methos said. "It was not but I wish it had been. Because it was not that means I sacrificed my Heart for nothing."

"I do not understand," the Professor said.

Methos shook his head and waved it off. "That is not important at this time. But for understandings sake, my brothers and I all sacrificed something to stop Father. I gave my heart, Kronos gave his soul, Caspian gave his sanity and Silas gave his mind. We became the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. We were hell on Earth for 2000 years. I was given a reprieve though. I was given a new heart and three children. I was also charged with being here to destroy my Father should he ever rise. I was given the New Horse Men: War, Plague and Destruction. Father will not succeed. And there is nothing any of you can do but divert him. This battle has to be won by his own Blood. We are the only ones who have a prayer of stopping him. We are the only ones who can confront him and not be killed. Checks and balances except in this case, I will Kill him. This will never happen again."

"Won't this be hard for you?" Kitty Pryde asked.

Methos sighed and looked at her. "Better a few sleepless nights then the world as we know it ending brutally and violently before its time. Hard yes, child. But not impossible. Not for me."

"And you four alone are going to stop a guy who can supposedly kill with a look or a touch?"

"Yes," Methos answered Wolverine. "Because We are immune to his powers. Just as he will be immune to ours."

"Then, how will you kill him?" Wanda asked.

"With these," Methos answered as all in his group pulled swords. "These are not a Power. They are a skill. A skill that will bring about my father's end."

"What do you need of us?" Magneto asked.

Methos sighed. "I need you all to divert him. But and here I warn you, avoid his energy blasts and do not look into his eyes. Never meet my father's eyes. He will kill you if you do."

The mutants nodded and Methos and his group began to unload their weapons and take them aboard the X-Jet.

"We have to go to Egypt," Methos said. "That is where this began. And That is where it will end."

The X-men and the Brotherhood all nodded and watched as the group unloaded with skill and speed and then reloaded the gear they had brought with them into the jet. Helicopters were called in from shield and soon, 5 crafts took off. All of them headed for Egypt. All of them were prepared for the fight they all sensed coming. Everyone aboard the crafts was thinking on the coming battle. One thought and worry ran though their minds: "Would it be enough?"

Chapter 4: Apocalypse...

Egypt. Dusty. Hot. Dry. A more apt place for a battle in a wasteland had never been known. And Methos sighed as he stroked the neck of his white horse. He saw Darius on his black, while Giles had a gray and Wesley a blood red roan. They had sent the others ahead of them. They had to arrive last. Methos knew how this had to happen. Methos was aware, had always been aware of what would have to be done about Father. And now, he looked at the sky.

"It begins," he told his sons. Darius nodded and waited. Methos removed his mask from his bag, the others also pulled on masks of the horsemen. Wesley wore something that covered his nose and mouth and his face was painted in streaks of green. Giles' face was painted in streaks of gray and Darius in streaks of black. Methos painted half his face blue from the pot in front of him. Then, he slid his mask on for what he hoped would be the last time. Then, he turned and looked at his sons.

"Mount he told them. And they did. Getting into the saddles of the horses and Methos turned his horse's head towards the sphinx.

"Lets Ride!" he called. And he spurred his white horse into a run and his sons rode with him, their cloaks billowing out behind them. It was time now for Apocalypse to fall.

OOOOOOO

In his temple in the Sphinx, the Mutant known as Apocalypse was awake and planning. He'd already destroyed those Sentinel things and was now beginning to prepare for his destiny: he was going to remake the world in his own image. As soon as he dealt with those annoying children attacking him at any rate. He'd been surprised that none of his sons had been here in an attempt to stop him. Perhaps the price had been too high for them last time?

He did no know or care. All he knew was that there was no one left to challenge him. No one at all.

He swatted the child immortals down; even the powerful one was nothing at this time to him. The vampires, the humans, the mutants, there was no one who could stop him. No one at all.

He stood, preparing to deliver the killing blows to the leaders of the mutant resistance when he heard a noise. It sounded...it sounded like... horses? Why was he hearing horses in this day and age?

He turned and looked into the sun and he stared in shock as there, riding in from the horizon were four riders. They rode towards him and he stared. He only knew one of them but the others felt familiar as well.

The horses ate up the ground and their riders brandished swords and he found himself backing up in fear. He did not know why, but he feared them. The leader, on the pale horse, rode ahead of the others, bearing down on him and he could feel the murderous rage coming from him.

"I am Apocalypse!" He cried defiantly as the horses approached and did not veer away from him. They broke at the last second and formed a ring around him and he felt himself afraid. Who were they?

"I am Death," the leader said as he dismounted from the white horse as it slowed to a stop. "My sons are War, Plague and Destruction. We have come to stop you. Permanently this time."

"Mataeo?" Apocalypse asked. He found himself with a sword at his throat in an instant.

"Mataeo is dead, Father," Death growled in his face. "Dead thanks to you. I will introduce you to your downfall now. War: the Iron Fist.Destruction, the Wild Fires of Hate. Plague: Decimator of Nations. We are going to stop you, Father. Forever this time.

Chapter 5: ...Fall

Apocalypse was frozen. He did not know who these people were. He knew his son Mataeo but Mataeo refused to answer to his name. And he had introduced the other three riders as his sons, War, Destruction and plague. And they were facing him now, the Four Horsemen. And Apocalypse was afraid. "You should not be here, Mataeo," he said. "The price of stopping me was your heart last time."

"It will be your life this time," War spoke. Leather bands that held spikes covered his arms. Lets do this father. We have lives waiting for us."

Death nodded and drew his scimitar and faced Apocalypse. His sons joined him. Plague with a crossbow, Destruction with an axe, War with a broadsword that he recognized as belonging to Ares. And they faced him, all in ready stances. He tried to pull power and found he could not.

"Have you forgotten, father?" Death asked mockingly. 'Those of your blood are immune to your power. It is far past time to stop you. War, set a barrier. No one else may help. This is all down to us."

War nodded and a ring of fire came from the ground. It surrounded the five of them and they moved, four of them to flank the one.

Death watched as Plague smiled beneath the covering on his mouth. He fired the crossbow when Apocalypse was focused on War, thinking War's sword was the powerful one. The bolt struck him in the back and he howled in pain as it burned through him and he realized there was a poison on it. A poison made with plague's skills, not his power.

Next came destruction. His power licked and burned Apocalypse as he turned to face Plague and he did not see what hit him from behind. The axe cut through his armor, ripping a wound from his back and his blood spilled to the ground. The ground quaked and War finally struck, severing his right hand with the great Sword of War. The three children of Death attacked then, hacking and chopping and removing things from him. Slashing through his armor.

He screamed and then everything got quiet. Death strode forward finally. He stood over Apocalypse and smiled.

"I am become Death," he said slowly and softly as he stared down at his father. 'I am the restorer of order, the silencer of pain, the controller of blood. And so I say, it is your time, Uranus. It time for you die. And stay that way!"

And the Scimitar came down and his head was separated from his body. War turned and looked to the sky. He hurled the sword straight up where it began to spin as from the neck of Apocalypse, a box appeared. It was open and War smiled as the Sword of War began to spin and glow white this time, not blue and he laughed joyously. Peace had been released. Peace was now restoring everything. From the corners of the earth, black, negative energy was pulled, being sucked up into a vortex that was yanking all those things that had escaped from the box when it was opened. A funnel appeared to be made from the vortex and the darkness was removed from the Horsemen and there, it was sucked down into the box which then slammed shut. An explosion of power was released when the box closed and when they all recovered their sense, there was only a sense of peace. All over the planet, hatred died, cruelties were halted, and unjust laws were revoked. And in the midst of a plain in Egypt, the body of the being known as Apocalypse shriveled into nothing and blew away in the wind.

"It's finished," Death said as he removed his mask. "You all have borne witness to Apocalypse Fall!"

The final intonation caused a glow to be formed around them all and they were suddenly elsewhere.

"Welcome home, my children," the voice of a woman said. "I have waited eternity and longer for you to come."

"Hello Gaia," Giles said as he, too had removed his mask. "It's finished. The box is closed."

And Methos carried it over to her and she placed it in a place no one would ever find it again: She placed it outside of time.

"Now, you all shall rest before returning to your lives. You need to do that," she said.

And she touched each of them and they slowly slid to the floor from where they stood. Indeed they were tired, as she said.

"Until you are rested," she said. Then, she went to check on her other children now waking. It was time for them to return to their duties. And that was good.

"Rest my children," she whispered as she left the place. "Rest."

 

Sequel?