FIC: A Way to Pass the Night

Author: Salustra

E-mail: goddess_salustra@juno.com

Title: A Way to Pass the Night

Pairing: Spike/ Lindsey

Rating: NC-17

Summary: Spike invites Lindsey to spend the night in his new digs

DISTRIBUTION: Various lists and Wierd Romance RP- BtVS/Ats RP http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WierdRomance . Anyplace else is fine, just let us know where it is going.

Spoilers: Through Ats Season 5: Soul Purpose. The story begins with an actual scene from the episode.

Disclaimer: I don't own Spike or Lindsey or anything else from ME… though I really wish I could.

Distribution: Go ahead. I'd like to know where it's going if you can drop me a line.

Feedback: Please? E-mail to goddess_salustra@juno.com

(This was my very first solo fic.)


A Way to Pass the Night
by Salustra


"You gotta invite me in," says Spike, standing at the doorway.

"Not my place," says Lindsey, looking back. "It's yours. Building's quiet, windows don't get direct sunlight, you got sewer entrance for your daytime travel…"

Spike walks in, looking around. "What, no cable?" he interjects.

Lindsey smiles. "You got water, heating, electricity…all the basics. Even got a Korean market on the corner, open all night."

Spike raises a hand, agitated. "Look, appreciate what you've done for me, making me corporeal and all, but I draw the line at being your kept boy." He starts walking out the door.

"You got someplace else to live?"

Spike slows and then stops.

"I mean a man of your means must have money tucked away somewhere."

Spike turns around to look at Lindsey.

"You'll find something soon," says Lindsey. "I'm offering you a place to hang your hat….or, your coat."

Spike exhales noisily.

"Could say thank you," says Lindsey.

"Great," grumbles Spike. "Another ruddy basement." He walks in towards the bedroom.

"You want creature comforts?" asked Lindsey. "You can go to Wolfram and Hart. This place has everything you need to be a hero."

Spike stops and looks back over his shoulder at Lindsey.

"Job requires somewhat of a Spartan existence." continues Lindsey.

Still looking at Lindsey, Spike points at the bed. "You call that a bed?"

Lindsey's look falters a bit. "Well… it's not like you're going to be sharing it with anyone anytime soon."

Spike looks back at the bed. Then he looks at the intense young man who has brought him here. He remembers the feel of his body when he had him pinned against the wall in the bar.

He swaggers over to Lindsey. "Fancy a drink then? I knocked yours away in the bar." He takes a flask out of his duster and offers it.

Lindsey looks at Spike searchingly. "Sure. I could use a drink." He takes the offered flask, and their fingers touch. They linger just a moment longer than strictly necessary, then Lindsey unscrews the top and tips back the flask. The whiskey runs down his throat and explodes warm in his chest. He hands back the flask, touching Spike again. His fingers gently brush Spike's. His lash-fringed eyes look into Spike's blue ones. "Matter of fact I think there's some beer in the fridge."

"Sit down then. I'll get you one. Since I'm playin' host and all. Bit of a housewarmin' party."

Lindsey settles down on the couch, putting his feet on the beat-up little coffee table. Spike comes back with two beers and hands one to Lindsay. He sinks onto the couch next to him, perhaps a little closer than normal, and likewise plops his boots onto the table. He takes a swig of the beer.

"Really, not so bad. The last place I had to myself was a crypt. Lousy atmosphere, stolen and scavenged furnishings. It was free though."

"Up in Sunnydale?"

"Yeah, good old rotten Sunnydale. Kinda sorry it had to go. Lots of memories there." Spike settles his head back, semi-closing his eyes.

"Good or bad?" Lindsey says.

"Yes."

Lindsey nods his head. "Yeah. Know what you mean."

"No." Spike's voice is biting, hard. "No you bloody well don't."

Lindsey absorbs and then accepts this. "So tell me."

Spike laughs, a harsh bark of a laugh. "I've lived over 100 years, mate, and more happened in the few years I was in Sunnydale than most of the rest of my fucking unlife. I lost my love of over 100 years… first to my resurrected grandsire Angelus, then to her irrational jealousy over the Slayer. I became chipped and neutered. I proved Dru right by falling in love with the Slayer. I watched her mother die, the first human to actually care about me and treat me decent, and watched Buffy suffer. I watched her die to save her sister—die because I fucked up. I was there when she came back. I became her sextoy and punching dummy. I got a fucking soul for her. And ultimately, she was never really in love with me. And I died there… died a hero, not like anybody cares." Spike chugs down about half his beer. "And said like that, it sounds like a load of self-pitying crap. Just forget I ever said it."

"Forgotten."

"Good chap." They sit for a long while, drinking in companionable silence.

Spike sits and thinks. He shouldn't have talked about Sunnydale. It brought up too much better left dead and buried. Like the woman he loved that he didn't dare face because he might see the absolute final proof that his love was irrelevant. Like the giant unending ache in him that didn't seem to find any relief. Listen to him… sounding like broodyboy. Next he'll be wearing his hair all stuck up in the front and listening to Manilow.

He looks over at Lindsey, and decides to fight off the memories with action. He rolls over a bit and turns Lindsey's face to his and kisses him.

Lindsey has been sitting, watching the gears turn in Spike's head. So he is not really surprised by the kiss. He returns as good as he gets, at least until the vamp lack of need to breathe gets the better of him. Spike lets him go to gasp for breath.

Spike grins. "So, Doyle, how long did you know that was coming?"

Lindsey replies, "Roughly…(gasp)… since you took out the flask."

"That obvious, huh? Don't…answer that. Look, Doyle, I've never been much for beating around the bush, so I'll just come out and say it. Don't wanna be alone tonight…not in this little monk's cell with nothing but beer and refrigerator noise for company. Stay with me."

Lindsey makes a show of thinking about it. He wants Spike's trust and this can't hurt that plan. And it's not exactly like sleeping with Spike will be some terrible hardship. He nods. "Ok."

"I'm not talking about a slumber party, Doyle."

Lindsey rolls over to face Spike and grabs one firm asscheek through the jeans. "Didn't think you were."


A little later they are in the bedroom. A trail of clothes leads to the bed from the living room. Lindsey lays on his back as Spike is licking in little patterns all over his tattoos, diverting periodically to lick and suck and gently bite his nipples. One of Lindsey's hands is exploring the muscles on Spike's back…the other is buried and clenched in Spike's gelled hair.

"So, do all vampires lick a person to death before they fuck them?" Lindsey asks.

Spike pauses, and looks down at Lindsey's erect cock. "You seem to be enjoying it fine."

"Not disputing that. You have the most marvelous tongue. I can't wait to feel it on my dick. I've just never been with someone who liked…licking… quite so much. I wondered if it was a vampire thing."

"Not sure. I've always been oral, that's at least a big part of it. And I like to taste things…people. It's probably at least partly if I'm not going to taste one way, I'll taste another. And do you always talk someone to death when they're trying to get ready to fuck?"

"You could taste me, you know. I don't mind. Kind of curious. I've heard it's supposed to be a mind-blowing experience. Not my neck, of course. A non-artery spot."

Spike stops and fixes Lindsey with a piercing stare. "You're serious, mate, aren't you? Not just teasing an old vampire? `Cause that's not a good subject on which to tease."

Lindsey stares back. "I'm serious. What's a good spot?"

"Well, if you're really serious…let me bite you during. Somewhere up near your shoulder. It won't be the * very * best, but that close to the brain, when the pleasure center is already stimulated…fucking fireworks!"

"Really?" Vampire hype, most likely, he thought. But what the hell? When else would he get a chance to find out? "Sure. Go ahead."

"Good." He lifts up off Lindsay. "Roll over."

"So much for my incredible blowjob you promised."

"I can give it to you later. This will be better, though."

"Promises, promises." But Lindsey rolls over.

Spike picks up the tube of KY he had hidden in one of his inside duster pockets. He squeezes out some and begins to work it into Lindsey's passage. "Oh ho, mate, you've done this before, I can tell. More than a few times."

"Hey, you called me Mary in the bar. You knew then."

"Pretty much. I can feel the vibe. You're like me, like your bread buttered both sides. Nothing wrong with that." He eases his cock into Lindsey. "Ohhhhhhh….been waiting all evening for that."

Lindsey moans. His own cock jumps as Spike penetrates him. "Not too shabby."

"Ha. Fucking man of the world, are you? Too cool and all that. Been there done that got the sodding T-shirt. Well, wait. Just a few minutes."

Lindsey settles himself, and starts thrusting back against Spike as he slams forward. Spike really was good, but he was also right. Lindsey had done this a lot. He couldn't count the number of lovers, male and female, he had working his way up through Wolfram&Hart. He had long ago ceased to open himself up to them, to be impressed, to show anything he didn't need to. And Spike was a hell of a lot more observant than most people gave him credit for. He would've spotted a phony show in a cold second.

Spike is getting closer and closer to his own orgasm. He shifts into game face. "Last chance," he says to Lindsey.

"Quit asking. I want to feel it."

Spike sinks his teeth into Lindsey's shoulder, and begins lapping at the sweet warm blood that comes welling up. The effect on Lindsey is immediate, as he gasps and shudders and bucks and his cock lets loose, spurting cum onto his stomach and the bed. There is an explosion of bliss, of pure unadulterated grade-A narcotic-buzz bliss in Lindsey's head. Spike sucks a bit more blood from the wound, then starts licking to help it close. He keeps thrusting and then he comes hard. He shifts slowly out of game face. He looks up to see Lindsey, head twisted around, staring at him with unfocused, wild eyes. "My god, Spike…I mean…my god. No wonder people pay vampires to bite them. I… I… I just…"

"I know. And I still want to lick you. One more thing to taste." And he flips Lindsey over and begins licking Lindsey's stomach clean as Lindsey lies there, recovering. Thinking, sort of. His whole world suddenly turned upside down. How the fuck was he going to manage without having * that * again? His brain just wouldn't stop working. And suddenly he knew the power had shifted. Spike had just hooked him, made him weak, made him crave. Things were going to be a tad more interesting than he had expected …


end