Title: A Friend in Need

Author: Mystic

E-mail: mystic_frog03@yahoo.com

Feedback: Of Course

Pairing: Spike/Xander, Lorne/Angel

Archive: List sites absolutely. Anyone just ask

Rating: R to NC-17

Series/Sequel: series

Summery: Xander is feeling lonely. So he goes to a friend only to discover something terrible.

Warnings: Buffy bashing. Swearing.

Notes: this is my first Spike/Xander and this my first serious series so please don't be to harsh.

This takes place after the whole First thing. Anya didn't die. Angel and the gang didn't get Wolfram & Hart. Sunnydale wasn't destroyed. Spike doesn't have a soul just the chip and still he can't feed off anything. Spike did save the world with the amulet, it just didn't kill him. I think that is all that you need to know to follow this.


A Friend in Need
by Mystic
<><><><><><>


Xander walked down the sidewalk from Giles' house to his apartment. He actually hated going home these days. It was so lonely after Anya left to be a vengeance demon again. The reason made him snicker though. She found out her demon friend's husband had a friend, who was looking for a demon wife, and he had two very big penises. When he had told Buffy and the rest of the Scoobies why Anya turned back into a demon and left, they had just shaken their heads and said, "Only Anya."

Xander wasn't really paying attention to where he was going until he came across a metal archway. 'Cemetery?' He cursed silently. He had been thinking so hard that he missed the turn to his apartment. Shrugging, he walked into the cemetery. 'Might as well go see if Fangless is doing anything.' He walked up to the stone crypt and beat on the door. He heard rustling inside then silence. He frowned and called out, "Spike?" before beating on the door again.

When Spike didn't open the door he pulled out a stake and cautiously opened the door. "Spike," he whispered. He walked in and looked around. Nothing was broken or damaged that hadn't been before. When he called out again, he heard moaning. He walked toward the moaning, stake in hand. What he saw made him gasp and drop to his knees. "Spike."

Spike turned his head carefully to where the voice was coming from. "Help me please," he coughed. He hadn't eaten in days. He had run out of blood and when he went to Buffy to get more she had turned him away. He was pissed so he had gone to get his own blood from Willy. When he had gotten to Willy's he was even more pissed. Willy told him that by order of the Slayer he wasn't to give him blood. Willy had apologized but he didn't want to piss off the Slayer. That had been a week ago and since then he hadn't helped the Scoobies. He didn't even talk to them if he saw on the street. He didn't need them. Now here he was laying in the middle of his crypt almost dead, well more dead.

Xander shook Spike. "Listen to me Spike you need to tell me what's going on. How can I help you? What did you need?"

Spike finally realized that the voice was Xander's. He glared the best he could. "I don't need anything from you assholes. Stay the fuck away from me." He tried to scramble away from Xander but he couldn't. He was to weak from hunger.

Xander shook his head and reached out again. "Tell me what's wrong and how I fix it." He frantically searched his jacket pockets for his cell phone. He dialed Buffy's number and got no answer. He tried Giles and reached got the same result. 'Must be patrolling.' He dialed the only other number he had in the phone's memory, Angel. "Come on pick the phone," he said as it rang. He sighed in relief when he heard Cordy telling him the help the helpless or hopeless whatever the hell it was. "Cordy. I need Angel now its an emergency."

Cordy snorted, "Hello too you too, Xander."

Xander growled, "Not now, Cordy. I need to talk to Angel."

"Fine," she snipped before slamming the phone down and screaming for Angel. When Angel looked up at her with annoyance she said, "Xander's on the phone and he is being very rude. He says its this big emergency."

Angel walked over and picked up the phone. "Xander? What is it? Has something happened to Buffy?"

Xander rolled his eyes, "No, its not Buffy. Its Spike. Something is wrong with him. He is moaning and groaning. He is more pale then usual and his skin is all ashy looking."

Angel frowned, "Xander can Spike hold the phone? Can he talk? If he can't hold the phone, ask him questions for me."

Xander nodded and said, "Okay." He looked down at Spike again, "Can you hold the phone long enough to talk to Angel?" He felt his eyes tearing up. Whether Spike wanted to admit or not he was his friend and it hurt to see a friend in pain. Xander chided himself, 'Friend who am I kidding. I've had a thing for Spike since Angel gave me to him all those years ago at the high school.'

Spike shook his head. It hurt too much to move or talk. He could feel his insides burning, like they turning to ash bit by bit. He cursed himself to hell. 'Why did I start helping that bitch? Why didn't I listen to Dru?'

Xander sniffed, "He shook his head he can't hold the phone to talk. Please Angel I know you don't like him much but he is your childe please don't let him die. He has helped me out a lot since Anya left me."

Angel made shushing noises, "Its okay. I think I know what's wrong with him but ask him a few things for me. Ask him if he has been eating properly." He had a feeling that Spike was starving to death but he didn't want to jump to any conclusions just yet.

Xander asked Spike the question and the answer he got shocked him. He relayed the answer, "He says that he hasn't eaten in a week, but that's impossible. Buffy has been buying him blood. She told me so."

Angel roared and shifted into game face. "A WEEK!" He took a deep breath. "Xander get him to your place immediately. Call Willy's and tell him that I want 50 pints of the top grade delivered to your apartment. I'm on my way. We need to talk when I get there." He hung up the phone as soon as he was done talking.

<><><><><><>

Angel called everyone into the office part of the hotel. "I'm going to Sunnydale. Spike is in grave danger, and he has been seriously abused. Something is going on up there going, and I'm going to find out what!" he said, seething at what he'd heard.

Lorne walked up behind Angel and started talking quietly, "Angelcakes maybe I should go too hmm. It's almost light out. You're in no condition to drive, baby." He pulled Angel to him and rubbed Angel's back as Angel laid his head on his shoulder.

Angel sighed, "Something Xander said confuses me so much. He said that he knows I hate Spike. How can he still think that? I have been sending Buffy money to help buy Spike blood. He is my favorite childe."

Lorne frowned. "I don't know honey but we'll find out," he said.

<><><><><><>

Xander dialed Willy's number quickly. When Willy picked up Xander told him what Angel had said. To his surprise, Willy resisted giving him the blood. "What the fuck do you mean you won't give me the blood!?" Xander shouted.

Willy told him he couldn't give him the blood because he had orders not to give anyone blood for Spike. Xander growled, "Well you better have that blood to me within 20 minutes or I will have Angelus after you. Do you know what he'll do to you if you let his childe die?"

Willy gulped. He didn't want to go against the Slayer, but he didn't want to feel the wrath of Angelus either. "Okay I'll get the blood to you," he said, hanging up the phone quickly.

Xander jammed the phone in his pocket. "Spike?" he asked. When Spike didn't open his eyes Xander got scared and shook him. He smiled as the blue eyes opened slowly. "Baby I have to get you to my apartment." He wasn't even aware that he let the nickname slip. "Willy is going to deliver some blood to my apartment for you by order of Angelus."

Spike was to weak to argue. He just let himself be picked up and carried from the crypt. He closed his eyes and rested against Xander's shoulder. He didn't understand why Xander was helping him. They had all turned their backs on them hadn't they?

<><><><><><>

Xander opened his apartment door. The walk from Spike's crypt to his apartment had seemed longer then ever. He was trying not to jiggle Spike to much but it had been hard since he was trying to hurry. He got Spike settled into his bed when he heard a knock on the door. He opened it up and saw a very nervous looking Willy. "Finally," he said, taking the blood and paying Willy for it. When Willy was starting to walk away he asked, "Willy, who told you not sell anyone blood if it was for Spike?"

Willy looked at him confused. He thought if anyone knew it would be one of the Slayeretts. "It was the Slayer. Gave the me orders and broke my arm when I asked why."

Xander was in total shock. He couldn't believe it. "Buffy?"



Part 2

Xander walked around in a trance. He still couldn't believe it was Buffy who had caused Spike so much pain. He had thought Buffy was in love with the vampire. That's why he had never gone after him. He glared at the microwave as the mug of blood spun around. "Hurry up I have to save his life. Damn it." He knew it wasn't the microwave that he was angry at. It was Buffy. If he hadn't walked past his road because he was deep in thought and gone to Spike's crypt instead, Spike would have laid there and died. He knew that when Angel found out about everything he was going to be livid.

The microwave finally beeped. He pulled out the mug and put two more in. He set the timer and hurried to take the hot blood to Spike. Once in the bedroom, he sat down beside Spike, "Spike, I got blood for you." He set it on the bedside table. Moving up next to Spike's head, he helped him sit up a little. "Okay, Spike. Here comes the blood. Angel said to get top grade whatever that means."

Spike weakly said, "Human." He let Xander put the mug to his lips. He opened his mouth and swallowed the blood in big gulps. He was so hungry that he finished the mug and whimpered for more.

Xander shushed him, "There is some in the microwave heating." He sighed and asked the question he didn't want to ask, "Spike, tell me something. Why didn't you come to me if you couldn't get food? I'd have helped you."

Spike shivered and shuddered. "I thought you were all in on it together," he whimpered, holding his stomach. He moaned when Xander laid him down on the bed.

Xander spoke softly, "I'm just going to get you more blood. I'll be right back. I promise." He ran to the kitchen and grabbed another mug from cupboard. He refilled that one along with the one Spike had emptied. Taking the other two from the microwave, he put the cold ones in and was on his way back to the bedroom with the mugs when someone knocked on the door. He sincerely hoped it was not Buffy. "Who is it?"

Angel called out, "Its me, Angel." He fidgeted outside the door. This was the first time anyone in Sunnydale had met Lorne. He smiled slightly when the door was opened.

Xander flung the door open but didn't even look at Angel. He had to get back to Spike. "Come in Angel." He rushed to the bedroom with the mugs and set them both on the nightstand as he had before. He sat behind Spike and talked to him softly, "Spike, Angel's here. Would you like to see him?"

Spike gulped the blood from the mug that Xander held at lips. When it was gone he whimpered for another. As Xander reached for the other mug Spike whispered, "I would like to see my sire."

Xander nodded, "Okay. But eat first." He held the mug up to Spike's mouth. He helped Spike finish the last bit in the mug. "There now. Do you feel a little better now?"

Spike turned his head to look up at Xander. "Yes I do thank you." He looked into Xander's eyes. He could get trapped in those chocolate depths. 'That is one place I wouldn't mind being either.'

After setting the mug down Xander reached up and softly rubbed Spike's face. "You're welcome. I wish you would have come to me, but I understand why you didn't. I want you to know that I had no idea about any of this." Xander looked up when he heard someone come in. He looked back at Spike after seeing it was Angel.

Angel looked at the mugs in his hands. "The microwave beeped so I thought I would bring them in." He looked at his childe and growled. "Oh childe, what has happened to you. I am so sorry that I haven't been here for you."

Xander laid Spike down carefully. "Spike I'm going to take these mugs out. Angel can feed you those ones so you can talk. I know that you need your time with your sire." He looked Spike in the face. "I'll just been the next room. I swear."

Spike nodded and watched Xander leave the room. "Sire." He whispered. He smiled slightly at Angel and whispered apologies.

Angel sat behind him like Xander had. "There is no need for apologies my beautiful childe." He helped Spike drink the blood down. When he put the other mug to Spike's lips he asked, "How many mugs have you had, childe?"

Spike shook is head, "I don't know, sire." He gulped down the rest of the blood in the last mug Angel had brought in. "I don't want anymore blood sire. I'm sleepy."

Angel smiled, "Okay childe you can sleep but first drink from me." He morphed into his true face and bit into his own wrist. Putting it to Spike's mouth he let him drink.

<><><><><><>


When Xander walked out of the bedroom he came face to face with a big, green demon. He frowned, 'Demons wear silk? Since when?' "Who are you? And how did you get in here?"

Lorne smiled, "I'm Lorne and I came with Angel. He and I are friends and a little more." He smirked when the young man blushed. "How is Spike? Is he doing better then when you found him?"

Xander sighed and flopped down on the couch. "Please sit. Yes, he is doing a little better. He couldn't talk much or anything at first. Now he is talking a little more and he isn't moaning like he was."

Lorne nodded, "Thank goodness. Angel was very worried about everything. I'm just glad we got here before the sun was up." He watched the young man jump up and shut the curtains.

Xander smiled tiredly, "Thanks for reminding me about the sunlight thing." He sat back down and sighed. "I have things to tell Angel and he going to be very unhappy."

Lorne nodded, "I'm sure. He has things to talk about with you about too."

Angel walked out into the living room where Xander and Lorne were. "Spike is sleeping. I let him drink a little of my blood. Sire's blood helps childer heal quickly. Xander, I need to know how many mugs of blood he had."

Xander sighed, "Uh, if he drank the ones you gave him, then five."

Angel nodded, "Good. That should be enough for now." He looked at Lorne when he cleared his throat. "Oh sorry. Xander, this is Lorne. He helps us fight evil and he's.my boyfriend."

Xander smiled, "I know. Lorne told me. I think its great, Angel, that you have someone, really, but what about your soul?"

"Its permanent now. Lorne and I were together even before it was though." He smiled at Lorne then looked seriously at Xander. "Xander I want answers, and I want them now."

"Angel, I just found out from Willy when he delivered the blood. I had no idea." Xander sighed, "Buffy's behind this whole thing. I don't know how or why, but she is. Willy told me that's why he didn't want to give me the blood."

Angel growled and gnashed his teeth. "I've been sending her money for months to help take care of Spike. I found out what he did to save the world from the opening of the Hellmouth. I started sending money because he is my childe and I love him. He has always been my favorite."

Xander nodded, "I don't know what we're going to do."

Angel sighed, "We're going to confront Buffy after we see how strong Spike is in the morning. I don't want him weak when we do this. He is already defenseless."

"That he is," Xander said with a nod before yawning. "It's getting late . er early. Something. Why don't you and Lorne take the guest room. I'll stay with Spike." He shook his head, "No, actually, I need to stay with Spike."

Angel seemed to understand and he nodded, "Alright, Xander. Where is our room?" He smiled at Xander and walked with Lorne in the direction Xander had pointed.

Xander walked into his bedroom and laid on the bed next to Spike. "I'll protect you as best as I can," he whispered as he ran his hand through Spike's hair and settled into sleep.



Part 3

Light whimpering awakened Xander. He looked over at his bed partner and saw that he was thrashing around. He reached over and put a hand on Spike's chest. "Spike?" He shook him a little. "Spike wake up. Its okay." He shook him a little more not wanting to hurt him as Spike's body was still fragile. "Spike please wake up."

Spike felt someone shaking him and he heard a soothing voice through his nightmare. He tried to follow the voice but the nightmare was just too strong. He kept dreaming about the burning that he felt when he had stopped the opening of the Hellmouth. He thrashed around trying to get away from the burning.

Xander shook Spike again. "Spike, baby, wake up." He smiled in relief when he saw those beautiful baby blues open up and look at him. "Are you okay Spike?" He watched Spike blink the last of the sleep from his eyes.

Spike nodded, "Yeah, I'm okay. Hungry though." He went to sit up but fell back down and groaned. "I guess I'm still a little weak. Pet, do you think that you could get me some blood?" He cringed inwardly. He hated asking for anything from anyone. He was the big bad, damn it.

Xander smiled, "Sure. Just one mug or do you want two?" He shouldn't have asked he should have just brought in two. Spike needed all the blood he could get in him, but he waited for Spike to make up his mind.

Spike thought he was pretty hungry. "Two. I'm hungry," he said as he watched Xander nod and smile brightly. He lay in the soft bed thinking about everything. Why Buffy turned on him he had no idea. He had assumed all of the Scoobies were involved. It had hurt him when he found out that Buffy had turned her back on him but it had hurt a lot worse when he thought Xander had too. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he considered Xander one of his friends, and he even had feelings for Xander. When Anya had left Spike thought he had a chance with Xander. He smiled to himself. 'Maybe I still have a chance.'

<><><><><><>

After Spike had decided that he wanted two mugs of blood Xander walked out of his bedroom. He thought about everything that he had discovered in the last nine hours. Buffy was pissed off about something and was being a total bitch. She had a lot of explaining to do when they confronted her. The biggest twist was that Angel was sending money for Spike! Where it going? He sighed and went into the kitchen. Pulling out two bags of blood Xander reached for the mugs from the previous night. Two of them hadn't gotten cleaned. The congealed blood normally would have pissed him off but now it just reminded him what a bad way Spike had been in. He filled three mugs knowing Angel need to eat as well.

Putting the mugs full of blood in the microwave Xander noticed the time. "SHIT!" He cursed loudly. It was 3:30 pm. He had slept through a whole day of work, and this was the second time in the last week that he missed work. He sighed; he had really liked this job. Starting the microwave he leaned against the counter only to jump 6 feet in the air when someone touched his shoulder. He spun around and collided with Angel. "You scared me to death, Angel," he gasped.

Angel smiled, "Nah, I can still hear your heart beating." He turned serious. "How is Spike this morning?" He hadn't slept well even with Lorne humming to him. Usually that worked like a charm, but he had been too worried about his childe. He had gotten up and gone to Xander's room where the sight almost made him cry. Xander had been curled around Spike's body in the most protective way. He had left the room quietly and went back to bed.

Xander sighed, "Well I guess he is doing okay. He was having a nightmare. It took a few minutes but I finally got him awake. He said he was hungry, but, when he tried to get up, he fell right back down. He's still weak. I'm making him some blood right now." Xander rubbed his face tiredly, "I'm going to get fired from work. This is the second time I have missed work without calling in. This time it was important but the last time it wasn't really. Buffy didn't want to patrol so she whined till Wills and I told her we'd patrol."

Angel shook his head. He wondered what had happened to the Buffy he had fallen in love with all those years ago. The Buffy that was doing all of these things definitely wasn't the same girl. "Why don't you get something to eat yourself and I'll feed Spike. He may need more Sire's blood."

Xander nodded, "Okay but I'm still going back in to tell Spike that I'm still here. I . I just want to make sure he knows I'm still here." He turned around when the microwave beeped. "I made you some blood too. I thought maybe you were hungry but if you don't want it we'll just feed it to Spike too I mean I know he needs it, right." He knew he was babbling but sometimes it just couldn't be helped.

Angel put a hand on Xander's shoulder and turned him around. "Xander its okay. I know you like him and I think that you would perfect for him. After everything thing that has happened, I think he needs someone who cares about him a lot." Letting Angelus come out a little bit, he asked, "You aren't going to hurt him are you? You have yet to see what happens when someone crosses me and hurts my childer."

Xander gulped and shook his head, "I wouldn't hurt him. He's my friend, and he's important to me. When Anya left me, he was such a big help I wanted him to move in with me, but he wouldn't. He wanted to stay at Buffy's to help with the potentials. You don't know how it hurt when I saw them together, but he loved her. I thought she loved him too, and I just wanted what I thought was best for him."

Angel nodded. "Well he's here now and he is going to need all the love and support he can get." He smiled inside when Xander stood up straight. 'Xander and Spike who would have thought.'

Xander looked Angel in the eyes, "I'm going to support him and I'm going to give him all the love that he needs. If he doesn't have the same feelings for me I'll still give him love and support. I told you he is my friend." He picked up two of the mugs. "I'm going to feed him now."

Angel picked up the other mug of blood. It had been awhile since he'd had human blood. He drained the mug quickly and went in the direction of Xander's bedroom. When he looked in the door, he saw Xander gently rubbing the side of Spike's face until he opened his eyes. He smiled and left. Spike could get a little sire's blood later.

Xander turned around and noticed Angel was gone. He shrugged. 'Guess I'm going to feed him. All the better for me.' He smiled and turned back to Spike, "I have your blood. Angel was going to feed you and give you more sire's blood but I guess he wanted to go see Lorne." Xander snickered. "Did you know Angel had a boyfriend?"

Spike's eyes widened. "Bloody Hell!" He couldn't believe it. Angel had been lusting after Slutty when he had last seen him. "What does he look like?" He raised an eyebrow at him.

Xander snickered again, "Well he's about 6 feet tall and green with horns. He wears silk." He laughed when Spike's eyes got wider. When Spike asked if he was joking he shook his head. "Nope."

Spike shook his head, "Well it's a step up from Slutty." He looked up at Xander. He was ready for the yelling to start and the lecture on not calling her that.

Xander stared into Spike's eyes. He usually gave Spike a lecture about not calling Buffy names, but, after everything that she had done, he didn't feel like defending her anymore. Instead he said, "You're right. It is a big step up. Now drink your blood."

Spike smiled, "Okay but can I sit up? I'm tired of laying, luv." He looked pleadingly at Xander.

Xander smiled. There was no way he could say no to that face. "Sure, if you think you can." He watched Spike struggle to sit up then stood and helped him. He placed his hands under Spike's arms and slowly pulled him into a sitting position. "There." He picked up a mug and put it to Spike's lips. "Open up."

Spike gulped down the full mug. "Thank you for helping me. I thought everyone hated me." He drank down the second mug. "That really hit the spot." He smiled at Xander. "So since I been a good boy and ate all my dinner can I get a treat?"

Xander smirked, "I guess so, what do you want?" He leaned in when Spike crooked his finger. He wasn't ready for Spike to lean up a little, with a lot of effort, and place a kiss on his lips.

Spike whispered against Xander's lips, "I mean it Xander thank you for everything." He couldn't hold himself up anymore and flopped backwards on to the pillows. He sighed and waited for the backlash.

Xander swallowed thickly. He left his eyes closed as he savored the moment. When he opened his eyes and saw Spike worrying his bottom lip, he smiled softly as he leaned down and said, "Its my job now to bite that lower lip." He kissed Spike again, taking the lower lip between his teeth and biting down softly. He smiled when Spike whimpered then pulled back. "You're not well enough to be fooling around too much." He leered at Spike, "That'll have to wait till later."

It was Spike's turn to swallow thickly. 'Now there's something to look forward too.' "So can I get out of this bleeding bed yet?" His bum was hurting from sitting in the bed and he was bored. "Not that I don't like your company Xan-pet but I'm bored. Can't we go to the living room? Maybe watch the telly?"

Xander frowned, "Spike you can't even feed yourself yet. I don't think it's a good idea for you too." He trailed off as Spike began to pout. He sighed, "Alright but if you get the least bit tired I mean even if your hand falls asleep you're coming right back in here and sleeping."

Spike snickered and nodded, "Okay." He threw back the blankets and lifted his arms like a child. "Xan-pet carry me."

Xander laughed loud. "I don't know. Maybe." He sighed like it was a chore and leaned over to pick Spike up. He placed an arm around Spike's shoulders and the other another his legs. Hefting him up into his arms he frowned, "You're lighter then I expected. I guess that is because you haven't been eating." He nuzzled Spike's temple with his lips and whispered, "Never again. You'll never need for food again."

Spike sighed and laid his head on Xander's shoulder. He placed his arms around Xander's neck and breathed in his scent, closing his eyes. They may not have stated their undying love for each other, but there was something there and Spike was determined to enjoy for as long as it lasted.

Xander walked into the living room. He smiled when he saw Lorne and Angel cuddled on the couch. "Hey guys look what I got."

Spike stiffened then relaxed when he picked up his Sire's scent. He opened his eyes and looked over at his Sire. " 'Ello poof."

Angel laughed, "Even that is good to hear from you." He smiled at Spike. He couldn't get the picture of the almost dead Spike from last night out of his head. "You going to sit down or just stand there, Xander?"

Xander blushed and sat on the touch with Spike in his lap. "So what are we going to do today?" He watched a dark emotion pass over Angel's face. He knew he wanted to confront Buffy, but he was going say no if Angel suggested it. Spike was still too weak.

Angel forced his face into a smile, "I was thinking we could just hang out inside and watch television or something. What do you think?"

Spike nodded, "Yeah, lets watch the telly. Can we watch Passions?"

Angel and Xander groaned. Lorne clapped, "Absolutely. I love that soap. Its my favorite."

Spike smiled at the green demon. "I like you." He looked at Angel, "About time you picked a good one."

Angel smiled and patted Lorne's leg. "Thanks Spike." He grabbed the remote from the coffee table and flipped it on to Passions.

As they settled in Angel and Xander both thought, 'The things I do for love.'



Part 4

TWO DAYS LATER (after chapter 3):

Xander smiled. He could've probably danced around the room but he didn't want to look like a complete idiot. Spike had taken his first steps that morning. He was sitting in the living room watching television when he heard something coming from his and Spike's bedroom. Flipping off the television he walked back to his room. The sight made him cry out. "SPIKE! You're walking and moving. And no one is helping"

Spike laughed, 'Classic Xander babble. I never get tired of it.' "Calm down Xan. I'm walking not flying." His eyes widened as he was picked up in a crushing hug. He smiled and wrapped his arms around Xander's neck.

Angel and Lorne rushed into the room when they heard Xander cry out. "What's going on?" They said in a rush. Taking in the sight Angel and Lorne both smiled. "I guess the Sire's blood did the trick."

Spike smiled at his Sire over Xander's shoulder, "Yeah like always." He unwrapped his arms from around Xander's neck. Wiggling around he sighed, "Xan-pet. Can you put me down?"

Xander set him down gently. "Sorry." His eyes shimmered with tears. "Do you feel tired at all? I don't want you to overdo it." He shook his finger at Spike, "Don't give me that whole I'm a vampire nothing can hurt me speech."

Spike chuckled, "I wouldn't dream of it pet. How about you let me walk to the couch and I'll rest there. Deal?" He raised an eyebrow. "Come on pet. I can make it."

Xander sighed, "Alright but just to the couch." He let Spike walk past him but he was right on his heels just in case he fell or needed help. He had to restrain himself from not reaching out and picking Spike up.

Spike knew Xander was right behind him. All the attention was nice about it was making him feel like a real ponce. He made it to the couch and knew he could go to the kitchen and make his own blood but when he tried to walk pass the couch Xander's hand reached out and grabbed him.

"Oh no you don't. Get your butt on that couch. You said that you'd only walk to the couch then rest." He gently pushed him down on the touch. "What were you going to get?"

Spike rolled his eyes. "I was going to get blood. I'm hungry" He watched Xander almost run to the kitchen. He sighed. He did appreciate everything Xander was doing for him but he was the Big Bad after all. He looked over to the kitchen and saw him working intently on something while the blood whirled around in the microwave.

Xander stirred a pot of tomato sauce. He wasn't much of a cook but he did know how to make a mean sauce. Pulling out another saucepan he spooned half of the pasta sauce into it. 'Now to add a little ingredient for the vampire part of the household.' He added a half a bag of the cold blood. Turning on the fire real low, he left it to reheat.

Spike heard the microwave beep and a few moments later Xander walked through the door carrying the steaming cup. Taking a deep breath he noticed the aroma. 'Tomato?'

"Here's your blood Spike. I even put something in there as a surprise." Xander smiled when he saw Spike's eyes light up. "That's right I went out an bought those mini marshmallows for you."

Spike smiled, "Awe Pet!" He sipped the blood slowly making sure to get the tiny marshmallows. He hadn't the tiny marshmallows since Joyce passed away. He felt saddened a little at that. He did genuinely like the lady. She was always nice to him and gave him hot chocolate. "Thanks Xan."

Xander smiled, "You're welcome." He leaned over and kissed his cheek before heading back to the kitchen quickly when he remembered the sauce.

Spike reached up and touched his cheek. 'Xan kissed me again. If I wasn't the Big Bad and my Poof Sire wasn't here I may have swooned.'

<><><><><><>

Xander, Spike, Angel, and Lorne sat down at the kitchen table for dinner. Angel looked at what Xander had up on the table. "So what are we having Xan?" He smiled at Xander's surprised look. He had never called Xander 'Xan' before.

Xander smiled, "Well we're having pasta with my own homemade pasta sauce. Before anyone says anything funny, try it." He pointed to the red pot, "This one is for the undead only."

Spike and Angel frowned, "Why?"

Xander smiled, "Because its got a special ingredient in it just for you two since Lorne and I don't eat blood." He spooned pasta noodles on to plates and handed them out. "Now if I hear one bad thing about my sauce I'll throw you out on your butts." He snickered.

Every bit of the pasta was eaten. There wasn't even enough sauce left to wipe up with a piece of bread. "Good?" Xander asked.

Angel, Spike, and Lorne nodded. "Yea Sweetie. It was something. You should market that and make a fortune," Lorne said.

Xander blushed, "Thanks Lorne. So did the blood make it better you two?" He snickered when Spike and Angel nodded furiously. "Well now I know who I can send my leftovers too." He was ready to say something else when the phone rang. "I'll get it." He thought a moment, "Of course I'll get it. You all aren't "here"." He picked up the phone. "Hello."

Angel heard who was on the phone and growled. He mouthed to Lorne. "Buffy." He listened to the conversation. With his hearing he could he hear both sides of the conversation. There was a Scooby meeting that night and Xander was to come. He rolled his eyes when he heard Buffy asked him to bring doughnuts.

Lorne look at Spike, who had drawn into myself, and moved over to sit beside him. Whispering in his ear, "No one can hurt you now honey. Xander would never let that happen."

<><><><><><>

Spike hugged Xander. "I don't want to go over tonight pet. That bitch is crazy!" He held on to Xander tightly. "She turned on me she could turn on you or the nibblet." He frowned, "I forgot about Dawn. What if Buffy is hurting her too?"

Xander held on to Spike just as tight. "I'll check on her tonight. I'll ask Giles about her. I'll be okay too. You worry to much." He let go of Spike and walked into his bedroom to change. He was aware that Spike was following him. When he heard the door shut it was clear that the discussion was not over. "Spike I have to go if I don't they'll wonder what's going on." Trying to lighten the mood he smiled, "Besides I have to bring the doughnuts."

Spike growled, "You're not their frigging delivery man." He was pissed beyond belief. No one ever recognized Xander's potential. "Xander, please don't go tonight."

Xander was going through his closet, "Why are you acting like this?" He sighed and turned around. "Spike its going to be okay I promise." He walked over and laid a hand on his shoulder. "Calm down."

Spike laid his head on Xander's shoulder, "Just be careful. The Slayer isn't all there." He purred quietly as he was getting back rubbed softly. "Love you, Xan. I know it probably isn't what you want to hear but I do."

Xander closed his eyes and smiled. He put his mouth next to Spike's ear, "I'm so glad you said that because I don't think I could've been the first one to say it. Been burned way to many times."

Spike leaned back and looked into Xander's face an smiled. "Love me too then do you whelp." He snickered and kissed Xander. "Be careful tonight ,love."

Xander nodded, "I will."

They walked out into the living room. Xander grabbed his coat and walked out the door. Turning as he shut the door, he smiled, "Love you too Fangless."

<><><><><><>

Xander slammed the front door. He knew it was late and everyone was probably a sleep but he was so pissed he didn't care. He'd learned a few things while he was at the meeting. Not only has Buffy been telling lies about Spike, but she was making Giles and Willow figure out away to give her all the potentials' power. Angel, Spike, and Lorne were not going to be happy at all.

Spike heard the slam of the door and got up to see what was going on. "Xan? You okay? What happened?"

Xander sighed, "Its been quite night." He saw Angel and Lorne walk up behind Spike. "Buffy wants Giles and Willow to figure out a way to get the potentials power put into her. Willow doesn't want to because she wants Kennedy to have her powers because they're in love and whatever. Giles doesn't want to because he thinks that she's had enough time to be the Slayer and he wants her to just retire and let the other slayers take over."

Angel sighed, "I think that we should go confront her soon before she goes after Willow or Giles like she did Spike."

Xander nodded.



Part 5

Part 5

A few days had passed and Spike was well again. He was able to do everything he had before, much to Xander's disappointment. Xander thought that Spike should take a few more days to rest and relax. If the truth were to be told, he was just nervous about facing Buffy with Spike. He wasn't worried about himself, but he was worried about Spike. He rubbed his eyes with his palms. "Angel are you sure we absolutely have to do this? I mean maybe we could just leave Sunnydale and go to LA with you. Buffy wouldn't have to know anything about this."

Angel smiled softly. "Xander I know you're worried about Spike but I promise you that I will not allow anything to happen to Spike. Think about Giles and Willow but most of all Dawn if we left them here with Buffy. We need to protect them too."

Xander sighed and nodded, "I know, but if she hurts Spike physically again. I want your word that you will not hesitate to fight back. I know she is your ex-girlfriend and all that crap but I want her to pay!"

Angel nodded, "I promise I'll step in and defend him."

A clearing of a throat interrupted them, "You know I'm full capable of taking care of myself. I mean, I know I was a little weak but I'm all better now." Spike said indignantly.

Xander sighed, "I know you're fully recovered but you still that damn chip and you can't hit her. So you're defenseless." He walked over and hugged Spike. "I just want to make sure you're safe."

Spike rolled his eyes. "I know but that doesn't mean I can't be a little pissed about you being so overprotective." He hugged his Xan back. That felt good to say even if it was only in his head. 'His Xan.' It made his cold, unbeating heart feel warm.

Lorne stepped up next to Angel. "Isn't that just the sweetest thing? I'll have to get them to sing for me sometime," he said, mostly to Angel.

Xander and Spike looked sharply at him, "SING!" They shouted.

Lorne smiled, "Of course cupcakes. I can't read your future and aura unless you sing."

Spike frowned, "Maybe another time. I mean I don't feel like singing at the moment." He turned to his sire. "So how are we going to do this? I don't want to make a big scene I just want to get the point across that I'm still alive. I don't want to hurt Xan and it would hurt him if we pounded her. She's still his friend."

Xander wrapped his arms around Spike's waist. "Spike the Buffy that I was friends with is no longer here. I mean this Buffy the one who is so hungry for power isn't the girl who saved me from the mantis lady or who cried when she felt that everything was falling apart. I don't know this Buffy at all."

%&%&%&%&%&%

Xander and Spike stood in the shower just enjoying being together. At first Xander was embarrassed being naked in front of Spike but soon got over it when Spike stripped off all his clothes first. They were in the shower wrapped around each other in no time. "You know Spike if someone would have said that I would be naked in a shower, or anywhere naked with you, I would have laughed at them. Now that I think I about it though, I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be."

Spike turned around to face him. "Oh Xan." He kissed him on the lips. The kiss was supposed to be a quick, soft one but it turned into a hot, passion filled one. When they broke apart the two were gasping for air. "Xan please I need you. I've been wanting you since we started being friends."

Xander looked down into the baby blue eyes that he fell in love with and he knew he couldn't say no. "Do you want to do this here or would you be more comfortable in bed?"

Spike smiled, "I'd love to ravish you in here luv but I think for our first time it should be in bed. You know, all romantic like." He smiled at the soft blush that crept up on Xander's cheeks. "Come on, pet. Let's go to bed."

Xander gulped and stepped out of the shower first then turned to give Spike a hand out. He grabbed a towel off the rack and rubbed softly over Spike's body. He looked at him when he took the towel, shivering as Spike said, "My turn luv."

Spike flung the towel on the floor and pulled Xander into the bedroom, and led him over to the bed by the hand. Slowly he pushed him down on to the bed. "Is this okay Xan?" he asked with a gasp when his naked flesh was up against Xander's.

Xander groaned at the feeling of Spike's naked body against his. "Mmm, Spike." He moved slowly against him so their cocks rubbed together. "Spike," he whimpered.

"Stop moving, pet. This won't last if you don't stop." Spike gasped out.

Xander stopped his movements. He didn't want it to be over just yet. "Spike I want you to make love to me. I want to feel you inside of me." He moved one of Spike's hands from his side to his cock. "Please."

Spike moved his hand up and down over the long smooth hard cock. "Xan you're so beautiful laid out like this all wanton." He kissed him hard on the lips. He pulled back, "You have an slippery stuff?"

Xander nodded, "In the drawer." He pointed to the bedside table.

Spike opened the drawer and pulled out the bottle of lube. "I'm going make you feel so good Xan." He lubed up his fingers and stretched Xander's pink little hole.

Xander whimpered and moaned. "Spike.please.I need you in me now."

Spike poured more lube in his hand then rubbed it over his cock before slowly entering Xander. He groaned at how tight and hot Xander was. "Mmm Xan. So.good."

Xander whimpered and thrashed underneath Spike. He wrapped his legs around Spike's waist and pulled Spike deeper. When Spike hit his prostate Xander cried out. "Oh God, Spike."

They moved and thrashed together until they came together. Crying out each other's name.

"SPIKE!!"

"XANDER!!"

Spike collapsed on top of Xander. "Jesus, luv, that was amazing." He rolled over onto his back and pulled Xander into his side.

Xander snuggled into Spike's side. He moaned sleeply, "It was better then amazing. Let's take nap till sundown."

Spike nodded, "Yeah."

They snuggled together and fell asleep.

&%%&%&%&%&%&%

Lorne and Angel laid snuggled together in their room. They had been going to take a nap but were disturbed when Spike and Xander started making love. Angel closed his eyes embarrassed. "Boy they're, uh, loud."

Lorne laughed, "Angel don't be embarrassed. They're just making love." He looked at Angel with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You know what they say 'if you can't beat them. Join them.' What do you say Angel?"

Angel smiled and rolled on top of Lorne, "I say that's a fabulous idea."

&%&%&%%&%&%&%

The sun had been down for about two hours but everyone was dragging their feet about going and facing Buffy. Spike sighed, "Come on let's get this over with. I just want to do this and leave. I want to get as far away from this town as I can."

Xander nodded, "I second that."

Angel, Lorne, Spike and Xander piled into Angel's car and took off for the Magic Box. The drive over seemed so short since they were all wishing it to take a lifetime. "Well, here we are." Xander said.

Angel looked at the Magic Box. He hoped for something peaceful but he doubted it would happen.



Part 6

Xander stared at the Magic Box door as they walked up to it. It seemed like the gate to hell. Since Giles bought the Magic Box, Xander had always looked forward to being there with his friends. Hell, more then friends, they were more like family. Now it was the last place he wanted to set foot in with Buffy acting the way she was. He sighed and grabbed a hold of Spike’s hand.

Spike smiled, “It’s going to be okay, pet. Promise.” He wished he felt the same. “Angel, does Buffy or anyone here know about you and Lorne?” He looked at Angel with sympathy when he shook his head. “Man I hope you can fight, Lorne. Buffy is going to be pissed when she finds out. She has been going on and on about Angel since defeating the First and trying to kill me.”

Angel glared and his face took on an Angelus look. “Let her try and touch what’s mine again. I may care for Buffy, but she will not control me like she does with Giles and Willow.” He grabbed Lorne’s hand and held on tight.

Xander took a deep, labored breath and opened the door. He looked inside and saw that just Giles and Willow could be seen then pushed the door open completely, “Hey guys. What’s up tonight?” He stepped in and pulled Spike in behind him.

Angel cleared his throat, “Xander?” He stood patiently, waiting for his invite to the building.

Xander turned around, “Oh, sorry, come on in, Angel, Lorne.” He turned back to the duo at the table in the back of the Magic Box and gripped Spike's hand harder when he felt him shake. “Where’s the almighty Slayer?”

Giles sighed, “She said something about going to the mall for a new outfit.” He closed his book. “To be perfectly honest, I’m just as glad she’s gone. I’m so sick of her ego. She wants to be the almighty Slayer so bad, but she won’t listen when I tell her she can’t handle all the power.” He looked up and blinked. “Angel, what are you doing here?”

Angel smiled at Giles. Inside he felt bad for him because he looked so much older then he had before. He looked so tired and worn. “I came because Spike needed me.”

Willow frowned, “What do you mean Spike needed you? He has all us to help him?” She blushed, “Sorry I didn’t mean that you aren’t wanted but I mean.” She stopped, “Goddess.”

Angel smiled, “Its okay, Willow, I know what you mean. Spike needed his sire and I wasn’t sure whether you all were involved or not, but, from what I’ve recently heard, you were not aware of the latest developments.”

Willow smiled, “Before we get to the serious, who’s your friend, Angel?”

Angel smiled, “Oh sorry, this is Lorne. He’s…” He paused then started, “He’s my boyfriend and works with me in LA.”

Lorne stepped around Angel, “Hello.”

Willow smiled, “Hello, I’m Willow and this is Buffy’s Watcher, Rupert Giles.”

Giles nodded to Lorne and smiled a half smile. It’s all he could manage these days.

Willow’s mouth hung open, “Wait if he’s your boyfriend… Angel, what about your soul?”

Angel waved her off. “Its okay. It was made permanent a while ago. Its okay now.” He smiled at the redhead witch when she smiled and clapped.

Willow bounced, “That’s fantastic Angel. Its nice to met you Lorne.”

Giles got up from the table and walked over to the counter. “Yes I’m very glad to hear that your soul has been anchored, Angel. Its very nice to met you, Lorne.” He looked over his shoulder at the others, “Would anyone like some tea?”

Lorne smiled, “Yes please.” He watched as the man reached shaking hands up to a top shelf to get a kettle and tea. “Mr. Giles, how about I make you some tea instead of you making it for us. You look like you could use a rest.”

Giles sighed and looked at his hands. They shook like a leaf. Anyone else who only saw his hands would think he was 100 years old. “Yes, thank you. I think I could use a rest.” He walked over and took his seat again. “So Angel what is this latest situation that Spike need you for?”

Xander stepped forward and talked before Angel had a chance. “Spike has been hurt badly, and its Buffy’s fault.”

Willow and Giles both frowned at Xander. “Xan, what do you mean? How is it Buffy’s fault?” Willow asked.

Xander was seething, “How is it her fault! Well for one she left him out in the cold at his crypt alone, but that isn’t what has me pissed. She refused to feed him! She wouldn’t give him blood. He couldn’t get it because he was broke and because she broke Willie’s arm and told him not to give anyone blood if it was for Spike. I found him in his crypt starving to death! He hasn’t been able to walk or anything for days!”

By the time he was finished Spike was wrapped around him trying to calm him down. “Easy pet. They didn’t do it remember. I’m alright.” He rubbed and massaged Xander’s stomach muscles.

Xander clenched his teeth. “I’m sorry I lashed out at you.”

Everyone heard sniffling from the basement doorway behind them. Turning around they saw Dawn standing there. “Buffy almost killed Spike? She made him starve?”

Xander sighed. He hadn't known Dawn was there. He nodded, “Yeah, Dawn. She did.”

Dawn sobbed and ran to Spike. She flung herself in his arms. “I’m sorry that she hurt you too. Don’t leave, you’re the only person who cares now. Buffy doesn’t even talk to me anymore. She just patrols and trains. She yells Giles and Willow. She says that without her we would all just get killed by demons.”

Spike held on to Dawn like a lifeline. “Its okay, Bit. If she wasn’t around I’d protect you lot. Nothing’s going to happen to my gal. You know that right, Dawn?”

Dawn smiled and nodded, “Yeah I know.” Looking over at the others she frowned. “Who are you?” She asked Lorne.

Lorne smiled, “Just your average aura reading demon. My name’s Lorne. I came with Angel from LA.” He smiled, “Would you like tea too my dear?” He poured a cup with an extra strong ingredient for Giles. A little rum never hurt anyone. “Here you are, Mr. Giles.”

Giles smiled at Lorne, “Thank you. There are packages of the Raspberry Tea that Dawn drinks in cupboard.” He took a sip of the tea and hummed. “Are you sure you’re not a British demon?”

Lorne smiled, “I’m quite sure I’m not. I’m from Pylea, but I learned to make tea from Wesley.” He turned back to the counter to heat some water for the Raspberry tea.

Giles nodded, “Yes Wesley made great tea. How is he?” He sipped the tea. He sighed as he tasted the special ingredient and stood to stretch the tight muscles in his back. As he stretched, his knees gave out from under him and he collapsed against the table.

Angel rushed over to help. “Giles, are you alright. When was the last time you have slept or eaten?” He could feel Giles ribs. “You need food and rest. Is there anything else you need?”

Giles sighed and looked away.

Willow spoke up, “Yes there is something else he needs. He’s told me on numerous occasions, but he is afraid of the things Buffy will say about it. I’m going to get him for you Giles. I swear it. I’ll start looking for him right now.” She took her hand and pushed everything off the table. “I should have done this the first time you mentioned him. Buffy be damned.” She took a piece of aged paper from a bookshelf and cast a spell over it.

Everyone watched as lines and shapes appeared out of nowhere. One dot stood out the most as it shined brightly. Xander frowned, “Giles, what is she doing?”

Giles closed his eyes, “She’s casting a locator spell. She’s going to contact someone for me.” He watched as Willow whispered things to who he hoped was the right person.

Willow wasn’t close to being finished talking when a burst of wind whipped into the Magic Box. The storm brewed and whirled in the foyer as the wind blew papers and bottles off of tables.

Xander and Spike curled protectively around Dawn as they watched the storm with fascination.

Lorne hit the ground and shielded his face. “What the hell is that?”

Angel shielded his and Giles’s face. “I don’t know. Willow, what’s going on?”

As the wind died down and the storm passed, a man stood staring at them. He looked over and pushed Angel out of the way before collecting Giles in his arms and holding him tight.

Giles laid his head down on the black, shirt covered shoulder. “Ethan.”

Angel stood up from the floor and walked over to Lorne. “Are you alright?”

Lorne nodded.

Angel checked Lorne over, looking for scrapes or something broken. When he was satisfied that nothing was broken he turned around to Willow, Giles and Ethan.

Xander and Spike relaxed marginally and moved away from Dawn. “This is what you need Giles?” Dawn whispered.

Giles held on tighter to Ethan and nodded, “Yeah, this is what I need.”

Ethan smiled, “I need you too.” He looked Giles over and frowned, “What has happened to you?” He led Giles over to the chair that he had tried to vacate earlier.

Willow sighed, “I’ll tell you everything.” She told Ethan the whole story from start to finish. She told him about the First and all the potentials and the amulet. “She has been so power hungry.”

Ethan held Giles tighter and gnashed his teeth together. “I’m going to kill that bitch.” He looked Giles over. “Look at you, Ripper. What has she done?” He could feel his chaos demon roaring inside him.

Giles looked at the floor. “I know I’m not what I use to be but I can give you all I have left. Please don’t leave.” He held on tighter to Ethan. He wasn’t going to let him go this time. He did last time for Buffy, but not this time.

Ethan sighed, “I’m not going anywhere. I just meant that you look so worn. I’m going to take care of you and I’m going to take you with me away from here. You need to regain your health.”

Angel nodded, “Yeah, I think we need to get everyone away from here. You can all stay with Lorne and I in LA. We have more then enough room at the hotel.” He smiled and held Lorne’s hand.

Lorne nodded, “Yes please come stay with us.”

Xander pulled Spike into his side, “As soon as we confront Buffy we’re getting out of this hell hole.” He looked down at Spike when he poked him, “What?”

Spike motioned with his eyes to Dawn.

Xander smiled, “Like I’d leave without Dawn.” He looked at Dawn, “Do you want to go to LA with us, Dawnie?”

Dawn nodded, “Yes, I want to go with you guys. I don’t want to stay here with Buffy.” She held on to Spike’s hand. “You said you wouldn’t leave me and I won’t leave you.”

Spike smiled, “Good. Don’t know what I’d without you Bit.”

Giles looked at Willow, “What about you Willow? You can’t stay here alone.”

Willow shook her head, “Its okay. I’m going to Cleveland to be with Kennedy and help Faith with the other slayers. I was suppose to go before but I didn’t want to leave you and Xander here with Buffy.”

The group stood around talking until the front door came open with aloud crash. “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!”

Xander stepped in front of Dawn and Spike since they were close to the door, “Buffy.” He growled.


end part 6