Title: A Family Affair

Author: Kate R

Disclaimer: All belong to Joss

.Rating: PG-13

Pairings: Giles/Ethan, Angelus/Angel/Wes, Xander/Spike, Ares/Joxer, Cupid/Strife

Summary: Secrets and Family are revealed when Spike comes to town with a teenaged boy. TOTALLY AU!

 

A Family Affair
By Kate R


Prologue: Meetings

"Here we go, mate," Spike said as he dropped his teenaged twin brother off outside Sunnydale High School. He should have brought the boy with him the last time but he did not want him near if Angelus got out. Thank God the boy hadn't been with him. That was all he could say. He knew it had to do with losing the soul. Angelus hadn't been happy about it. As a matter of
fact he'd been fucking furious.

"Got your schedule then mate?" he asked the 17 year old in the passenger seat. He'd left Dru in Brazil and had Wesley meet him at the mansion where there was another shock. Sire was back. And Sire was separated form the souled half. It was a good thing, Spike knew. No clause, no loss, no insanity was a good way to live.

"Ready, Spike," the young man said. He was aware Spike was his brother. Spike had shown him the proof and Spike had taken care of him since he was 4. Or maybe younger. Wesley had never really been sure because he'd never had a birthday before then.

"Good, pup. Here is Xan-pet to meet you. 'Ave a good day, L'il brother. I'll see you this evening at the mansion."

Wesley nodded and got out of the car in the shade of the tree. The young man with dark hair and eyes was waiting for him and grinned when he saw how Wesley dressed. His hair got a chuckle too as Xander grinned. He could tell, would have known without even looking, that Spike ahd raised Wesley. "So, do I get to meet Giles today?" Wesley asked.

Xander nodded knowing today was the day Giles found out the truth about the council and
what they had done.

"Yep," Xander said as they headed into the school. Got the file?"

"Right here," Wesley said. "Spike was adamant I had that before we left the mansion. Angelus and Angel were both worried that I had it too. Angelus said he saw the fat man who helped Mr. Wyndham-Pryce hurt me near by lately so he said to be on guard. That's why Spike brought me himself this morning. Once Giles has this it won't matter."

"It will to them," Xander said as they walked into the school and headed into the library where Giles was waiting. "After all, they'll have to decide open casket or closed when he finds out."

"When he finds out what?" Giles asked as he leant against the checkout desk.

Xander grinned. "Giles this is Wesley. I'm sure you've heard of him. The boy William the Bloody 'Stole'. Actually he didn't really steal Wes because it isn't stealing to take from a thief. Anyway, we come bearing a gift for you. Something the council didn't want you to have but that Spike liberated when he took Wesley. Uhm, here."

Giles took the file/report and opened it, beginning to read as he saw it was an official council document. He had only read four paragraphs before he stopped and looked at Wesley.

"Oh, my Gods," Giles whispered. "You and Spike?"

Wesley nodded and faced the man he knew to be his and Spike's father. Their other parent was near but Giles wasn't ready yet. He would be by the time he finished the file though.

"Read the last page," Wesley said. "Read what they did to you and our other parent so you forgot."

Giles did and when he looked up his eyes were glowing green with rage. "I'll kill them," he said in an icy cold voice. "I swear to all the gods I'll fuckin' kill 'em!"

Giles was angry and as he got down the books for Wes' class schedule he set the folder down so Xander could finally read the last page.

"Due to the importance of separating the children to prevent the prophecy of One of Darkness/One of the Light, it is the decision of the council to send the older boy back to Victorian England and destroy the bond between Ethan Rayne and Rupert Giles. Should it ever be discovered, I have no doubt we will fall to their wrath."

The report was signed Quentin Travers.

Xander stared and looked up as Giles came back to the counter. "I'll be closing the library at lunch today, Xander," Giles told him. "I have a mate to find."

Xander nodded and grinned. Spike had been right, once Giles knew, he was going to find and fix Ethan. Xander found that he couldn't wait to see the fire works from this one. He was pretty sure he was going to enjoy this. He rubbed his hands together in gleeful anticipation. He couldn't wait.

END PROLOGUE