Title: A Different Path

Author: Salustra

E-mail: goddess_salustra@juno.com

Pairing: This Chapter- Spike/Penn, Spike/Cecily, Spike/Other (the only extended and explicit scenes are with Penn, though)

Rating: NC-17

Summary: What If William were not raised by Angelus and Drusilla.

DISTRIBUTION: Various lists and Wierd Romance RP- BtVS/Ats RP http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WierdRomance. And our website,
http://www.geocities.com/pet_salustra/FateDestinyAlwaysForever.html. Anyplace else is fine, just let us know where it is going.

Spoilers: Season 5 BtVS- Fool for Love; Season 2 Ats: Darla. (Fic opens with a combined scene taken from both episodes). Otherwise completely AU.

Warnings: Slash content (duh), some het sex but only vaguely alluded to and not described.

Acknowledgements: Thanks to Jinx/Buffswatcher for the plot bunny and plot help for this one, and to my wonderful co-writer Pet who will join me later on in this series.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Spike or anything else from ME… though I really wish I could. Just having a little fun, guys.

Distribution: Go ahead. I’d like to know where it’s going if you can drop me a line.

Feedback: Please? E-mail to goddess_salustra@juno.com


A Different Path
By Salustra


"Nature hath framed strange fellows in her time…"
–William Shakespeare, the Merchant of Venice


Angelus says, "Well, if you're lonely, Dru, why don't you make yourself a playmate?"

Dru replies, wistfully. "I could. I could pick the wisest and bravest knight in all the land - and make him mine forever with a kiss."

Just then a crying William bumps into them, dropping his notebook. He bends down to pick it up then stumbles on. He shouts, "You - watch where you're going!"

Darla looks after William. "Or you could just take the first drooling idiot that comes along."

Angelus laughs. "You think she'll find a good one?"

They walk on, but Dru keeps looking after William. Darla says, "I found you."

William is sitting on a bale of hay and finishing the job of destroying his poetry. He looks up at the sound of a woman's voice to find Drusilla standing serenely in the dark alley with him.

Drusilla says, "And I wonder... what possible catastrophe came crashing down from heaven and brought this dashing stranger to tears?"

William says, bitterly. "Nothing. I wish to be alone."

Drusilla says, "Oh, I see you. A man surrounded by fools who cannot see his strength, his vision, his glory." She pauses. "That and burning baby fish swimming all around your head."

William backs away from this strange woman, not sure what to make of her.

William says, nervously, "That's quite close enough. I've heard tales of London pickpockets. You'll not be getting my purse, I tell you. "

Drusilla smiles. "Don't need a purse." She points first at his head, then at his heart.

"Your wealth lies here... and here. In the spirit and... imagination. You walk in worlds the others can't begin to imagine."

Against his will, William is drawn to her words. "Oh, yes! I mean, no. I mean... mother's expecting me."

Drusilla slowly opens the collar of his shirt.

Drusilla keeps talking, softly and seductively, "I see what you want.

Something glowing and glistening. Something... effulgent."

William is enraptured. She sees him, she understands him. "Effulgent." He repeats.

"Do you want it?" Drusilla asks,

"Oh yes!" He reaches out and touches her chest. "God yes."

She shifts into vamp face and sinks her fangs into his neck. His initial cry of pain turns into moans of pleasure as the force of the vampire bite overtakes him. Drusilla sucks his life greedily. She feeds him her own blood at the last gasp of death and he falls down dead.

Then, as he lies dead in the alleyway, she has a vision. A terrible rushing vision that leaves her shaken and gasping. She sees what William will become…what Angelus will make of him. What he will do to him, and with him. And how she will lose what little specialness she has left to Angelus. What bits of her human self remain and her demon both rebel. It *will not* come to pass. She will not allow it. It’s too late to restore life, and she cannot, even for pity’s sake, bring herself to unmake what she has made. So while this brief window of lucidity remains to her she sits down, grabbing the young man’s pen and the last large bits of paper she can find and starts writing a note.

Then she gets him up and drags him, upright and arm over her shoulder as if he is a drunk, and finds the nearest inn. She takes a room and takes him up there and lays him upon the bed. She sits and waits for him to awaken, struggling for breath he no longer needs. She smiles at him. "You must listen, little William. This is very important. This note is your life and death now. You must read it and believe it. Do not ever speak to me again or come near me, no matter what I say to you. Nor anyone with me. My name is Drusilla."

"The woman in the alleyway!" He cries out. "Y-y-you bit me! Your face…"

Drusilla shifts into gameface. "Yes, like this." Then she shifts her face back. "Remember that. It’s how you know the note is real, and not some fairy tale. I am leaving now, William. Never see me again."

Then moving quickly, before he can stop her, she is gone. He, still stunned and weak, pulls out the note she left and begins to read it.

"I am Drusilla, childe of Angelus, of the clan Aurelius. And now you are my childe. I have made you. These words mean nothing to you now but you will need to know them eventually. For now, I must teach you how to survive. I cannot take you with me as I should. Please forgive me. I should never have made you.

You are a vampire now. You will laugh, of course. It is ridiculous. But you are. Sunlight will burn you now, and crosses, and holy water. Wood through the heart will kill you, and fire. You possess great strength now, and the power to quickly heal damage. You will crave blood more than food, more than the finest wine. You are a demon now. Your heart no longer beats. You are a dead thing now, walking the earth, as I am. Some little of what you were may remain. Perhaps more than a little.

You do not have to kill, little William. I have powers to see the future and I see already you have the power of a Seducer. You can call on the power of your own lust to infect others with it, to make them crave you, surrender to you. You can drink enough from them to slake your thirst and let them live and they will not turn against you. With all that, you may still wish to fight and to kill. It is your choice. Your demon is very strong and you could one day grow to be very powerful indeed among our kind.

I have changed your path. If you had come with me it would have been to slavery and ruination and pain. I free you to walk your own path. Do not waste it."


William folds up the letter. Why, he is not exactly sure. It is all poppycock, of course. A vampire. Ridiculous. But that face…and the biting. It’s too much to be believed. He checks his purse and all his money is still there. So she was not a pickpocket, then. He sees he is in the room of an inn and he gets up and his head swims.

He is weak with hunger. He fights his way downstairs, intent on finding something to eat. On the way he brushes past a man on the way to his room and he can hear the man’s heartbeat and smell his blood, and he feels muscles on his face shift. By instinct, he grabs the frightened man and pulls him close, sinking his fangs into his neck and drinking the hot delicious-smelling blood before he is even aware of what he is doing. By then it is too late. He is starving and he drinks his fill. The blood tastes finer than any food he has ever eaten, any wine he has ever drunk.

He cannot get enough of it. He feels the man’s life ebb away and then drops him. He is both horrified and exultant at the same time. Part of him recoils in disgust and regret, but most of him glories in the power of the kill, the ability to take life. He moves away quickly, realizing he must be elsewhere by daybreak.

He cannot deny the truth of the letter now. He *is* a vampire. And everything else it said must be true also. He pushes out into the streets and realizes he has very little time, and he rushes…home. The only safe place he knows. He goes into his room and locks the door. He works to carefully cover the windows, taking great care to pull the heavy drapes closed so that no sun can get in, and then secluding himself inside the draped bed, a double layer of protection from the sun. He can feel it, like fire on his senses, when the sun rises, and then he lies down to sleep.

He feels it also, when the sun goes down. He awakens at the sensation. He is stronger tonight, and realizes that it must have been the blood he drank. The man he *killed*. He has to deal with that. Instinct or not.

Until he figures out how to control himself and do this ‘Seducer’ thing, he’ll probably kill. He sits and thinks a while, and decides to go down to the rougher sections of town. He’ll seek out criminals—murderers, rapists, thieves. All of him agrees with this plan-- his…’demon’, Drusilla had called it, and what was left of his moral sense. He rises and dresses.

He makes his way downstairs to where his mother is waiting.

"William, dear lad, where have you been all day? I knocked and knocked."

"Sorry, Mother. I was out very late. I’ll be out late tonight as well."

Anne rises to go to her son. William can smell her. She smells like food. Rosewater and powder and food. He swallows and backs away, heading towards the door. "Must rush, Mother. Goodbye."

"Goodbye, son," she calls after him.

William shakes his head as he leaves. He vows to come back before dawn and take his things and not return. Leave Mother a note. He can’t endanger her again. He may now be a monster but he doesn’t have to be a monster to those who deserve better. It should be reserved for the wicked and the cruel… like… Cecily. Yes. When he has perfected his Seducer power he would have to pay a visit to Cecily. Maybe several visits. Make her beg for him. That thought warms him in the cold night as he hails a cab and then walks into one of the dodgy parts of London.

It takes almost no time before he sees a gang of brutes holding a young woman down and stripping off her clothes. He wades into them, eyes flashing gold, his demon visage exposed, and makes short work of them.

Fighting skills he has never possessed come into play. He takes down three before the others flee. He sucks the fallen dry. For good measure, he takes the money and watches and jewelry from them as their corpses lay drained in the alleyway. The hapless victim cowers in a corner, mostly naked and shivering.

William’s demon visage smoothes before he turns around and approaches the young woman. He grabs the discarded coat from one of the would-be rapists and brings it to cover her. She looks up, eyes full of a mixture of fear and gratitude. Despite himself, he is moved to lust after the lovely young woman. He speaks to her softly, his voice surprising even himself.

It is not his usual voice, but one softer and deeper and full of sensuality. "You have nothing to fear from me. Your attackers have fled. What is your name, little one?"

"J-Jenny."

William strokes her cheek. He wishes he knew how this Seducer power worked because he’d love to take this sweet and tender creature someplace and bed her. The thought surprises him momentarily that he would think this of a woman he just saved from rape, but then he realizes his appetites are that of a demon now. Actually he’s never bedded any woman before but he realizes he knows things he should not know--- gift of the demon, perhaps, like his fighting skills. In his reverie, he almost fails to notice she is leaning into his touch. A poem springs to mind and he recites it, looking deep into her eyes.

"Jenny kissed me when we met, Jumping from the chair she sat in; Time, you thief, who love to get Sweets into your list, put that in: Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, Say that health and wealth have missed me, Say I'm growing old, but add, Jenny kissed me."

And to his great surprise, Jenny gets up on tiptoe and pulls her face down to his, kissing him at first chastely and tenderly, then increasingly more passionately. By the time the kiss is over she is swooning in his arms. She whispers to him, "I am yours."

He is shocked to realize that somehow he has accessed his power. But he does not question his good luck. He sweeps the young woman up into his arms and carries her to a part of town good enough for cabs to be present, and takes a horsecab to a reasonably reputable, but not too reputable, inn. He takes a room, ignoring the overcurious stare of the proprietor. The possessive and clingy hold the woman has on him is enough to assure the innkeeper that she is there voluntarily.

Once in the room, his hidden talents and knowledge come to the forefront again, and soon the woman is moaning and gasping and winding her hands in his hair. The woman is not virgin, and William realizes that perhaps she is a prostitute. That would explain her willingness to be ravished by a man she barely knows. So perhaps his power is not that strong, and certainly he still isn’t sure how to access it. But still, the headiness of being able to bend someone to his will is almost as intoxicating as the sex itself and the blood he had drunk in the alleyway before. Full as he is, he doesn’t hesitate to add a bit of this woman’s blood to his stomach. He bites into her thigh, and the taste is nearly overwhelming.

It is charged, like some powerful fortified brandy, and delicious beyond imagining. He holds himself to several swallows. Once he lifts his fangs she is still bleeding, and quite by instinct he begins to lick and notices the wounds start to close. A rumbling starts in his chest that for all the world sounds like purring. It startles him for a moment but the young woman only looks at him with an expression of delight. He settles in the bed and pulls her close, for the moment sated and happy.

It takes only a few moments before he is ready to take her again, and both of them are amazed. He doesn’t question his ability though and soon she is crying out for him. He takes her again and again, glorying in his power, until she passes out from the sheer exertion and bliss of it all.

He leaves her some of the money so she can get home and buy a new dress and arranges to have breakfast brought to her, leaving to go home and get his things.

He had been worried what he will do for money but now he knows. Take it from the scum whose life he takes. Already he has enough for a week’s stay in a fine inn. In less than a day’s time he has gone from being a weak mama’s boy to a god, able to take life and ravish women effortlessly.

He pays the cabman and goes into the house, moving more quietly than he knew he could. He packs a trunk of his belongings, taking only the things that he most prizes, and then sits down with pen and paper to try to write a note to his mother. In the end, his words are a flagrant tissue of lies, designed to make her think he has run away to sea. It is the kindest thing he can think of to say. Being elderly and ill, she cannot easily leave the house to check. He leaves the note, easily hauling the trunk to the curb, and hails a cab to take him to a fine inn. He settles into his room, locking the shutters against the morning light, and pulling the curtains around the bed as he falls into a deep and dreamless sleep.

He awakens before sunset He prowls around the room, washing and dressing.

Finally he goes downstairs into the common room and orders a fine dinner, complete with wine. He starts to eat and is startled a bit when the food seems nearly tasteless. A side effect, apparently. The wine tastes better, but still not as good as it should. He shrugs to himself and eats and drinks anyway. It will not do to appear any more eccentric than he has to, so eating and drinking will keep up the illusion of normalcy.

The next few weeks are a blur of activity. He hunts, over and over, and becomes better at it. He discovers that evil people have a different taste to their blood, and up close a really evil person smells just a little bit different. It’s a last minute test, because he practically has to have his nose on them to smell it, but it lets him know he has the right victim. Occasionally he comes across a woman and somehow he charms her. He’s still not sure how it works, but it is oh-so-satisfying when it does.

Once he sees Drusilla in the distance. She is walking with two other people—an attractive blonde woman, dressed in finery, and a tall dark handsome man, attired in the height of fashion. The sight of the man arouses strange feelings in him that he cannot identify. He stares as long as he dares, memorizing that face, and then he ducks back in a building so they do not see him.

Then comes a night when he is prowling the waterfront, looking for a likely victim or three, and chances upon a ship disembarking. He stands in the shadows, watching the people pass. He has no desire to be seen.

Suddenly one of the men, coming off alone with several trunks, looks over directly at William. He speaks a word to the coachman and then comes straight towards William. William turns to flee but the stranger moves even faster than he and pushes him against a wall.

The stranger is a handsome…almost even beautiful…man, with brownish hair and cobalt blue eyes. And as he touches William, William feels an odd tingling, stabbing sensation in his chest. The man nods as if he feels it too.

"Family," he says. "You’re Aurelius line. But I do not know you. I am Penn the Engraver, childe of Angelus. Who are you?"

William flinches before his stare. This is another, and obviously much more powerful, vampire. But he is curious. And Drusilla never said in her note not to talk to Penn. Really, he has no choice in the matter. So he weighs and decides to tell the truth.

"I am William, childe of Drusilla."

"Drusilla? But she’s still barely a fledge herself. You must be almost newly made? How long since she made you?"

"Three weeks."

"And you’re hunting alone? You should still be watched by Drusilla, or even Angelus. Where are they?"

William shakes his head violently. "No. Can’t see them. Drusilla said to never come near them."

Penn stares. "You present an interesting dilemma I should take you and haul you straight to Angelus when I find him, but perhaps there is a good reason you were abandoned. Let us go someplace private and speak. Have you lodgings?"

"Yes, a room at an inn."

"As good as anything. I’ll go there with you and take a room as well, and we can talk."

William nods and follows Penn meekly to the carriage. Soon they are at the inn and Penn has his trunks hauled to his own room while he follows William to his.

"So what is your story, little one?" Penn asks, staring at William with those incredible blue eyes.

And William tells him, the whole thing, from Cecily to waking up with the letter and draining his first victim to tonight. Penn listens to it all gravely and nods, not interrupting the torrent of words that pour from William. He stares at the letter afterwards, looking it over and over.

Finally he sighs and settles back, staring at William.

"I still should take you straight to them. But Angelus puts a lot of stock in Drusilla’s visions, so…I won’t. I won’t take you to them. I’ll even go so far as to say nothing to them when I go to see them. You’ve done well, little William. Much better than an unprotected fledge should. You’ve definitely got the promise of the line in you. But you need protection, and someone to watch after you and teach you."

William bristles at this even as he acknowledges the likely truth in these words. He has been lucky, he sees now, not to encounter directly any vampires more powerful than himself. Penn could easily have killed him tonight. He ducks his head and then stares back at Penn. "And…who would do this? You?"

Penn looks back at William. He could see the lines of thought as clearly as if William had spoken them. Such a lovely and transparent youth. He moves forward and strokes William’s cheek. "Yes. Me."

William feels an electric thrill at Penn’s touch. It is much stronger than anything he has felt while with any of the women he has charmed, even in the middle of sex. He trembles. It reminds him, now, of what he felt while looking at the handsome man with Drusilla. Angelus. Maybe it was something to do with the family line. He clings to this thought even as some small part of him insists this is not the whole truth. He purrs and rubs back against the hand.

Penn strokes his other hand through William’s hair. "Such a dear sweet creature you are. I can see why Drusilla couldn’t destroy you." He bends down and kisses William on the lips, hungrily.

Part of William is shocked at this, and stiffens momentarily, but the warm heat spreading through him relaxes him. He lets himself go into the kiss, relenting, then actively kissing back, and finally moaning.

Penn pulls back finally, his other hand still stroking in William’s honey-brown hair. "You have never been with another man, have you?"

William, unable to speak, just shakes his head.

"Then I will be gentle."

William swallows hard. This is a sin, part of him insists, but the demon in him hungers for the touch of this man…no, this *vampire*, who is family to him. So he does not resist when Penn takes him by the hand and leads him to the bed. He does not resist when Penn removes his clothing, kissing and licking and stroking on his naked body as it is revealed.

"My god," Penn breathes reverently. "You are beautiful. A work of art. Perfect. You must have better clothes, William. You hide this perfection in ill-fitting garments and the world has no idea the beauty you conceal. And we must pull back that hair so the world can see your face." He strokes William’s cheekbones. "You are like some perfect alabaster statue made flesh. Angelus would have taken you from Drusilla. He would have made you his slave. That must have been what she saw. Ohhhhh. And a Seducer too. When you learn your power, you will be able to have the world at your feet."

William nods as he shivers and quivers and his body responds to the touches and words, and he hardens and aches. "Beautiful? But no one…I mean before…"

"Yes, but now the women climb willingly into your bed. It’s not entirely the aura, William. You have the confidence you did not have before and your beauty shines out despite all your attempts to hide it." Penn keeps talking as he removes his own clothes. He is a handsome man himself, his body well-muscled and lean.

William notices this and becomes harder at the sight. Even the part of him that screams this is a sin has to concede that apparently he is perverse. He lusts for men as well as women. It is not entirely the demon that is fueling his lust now, and he knows it. He wants this. He rubs his hands down Penn’s body with tentative and exploring touches.

"Ah, William, you of the woman-soft skin, have you any lanolin or other ointments about?" Penn asks.

William, confused by the question, nods and points to a jar over on the washing-table. Penn lifts up and brings back the ointment and applies some to his fingers. He takes one hand and lowers it between William’s legs. "Spread your legs for me, young one."

William spreads his legs obediently, his lust pushing him hard. He moans and arches at the mix of pain and pleasure as the first finger penetrates him. Soon the finger is moving in and out, then another joining it. The whole time Penn whispers softly and reassuringly to him. William barely even registers the words, just the soft tone, and he relaxes as much as he is able.

Then Penn touches something deep inside him and William cries out and nearly comes off the bed. Pleasure beyond imagining. And Penn does it again and again, leaving William shaking and panting and trembling with desire and need.

"Are you ready for me to be inside you, William?" Penn asks in a hoarse whisper.

William swallows and makes the words come out. "Yes. Please."

Penn removes his fingers and soon William can feel a pressure on him, painful. He grits his teeth and holds on, and then there is a great release of pain and then Penn is inside him. And for a few moments, the pain overwhelms the pleasure. William finds though, that to his demon, even the pain is a little bit good. It carries him through until the pleasure begins to filter through and he starts moving back against Penn and moaning and whimpering.

They start moving together, Penn thrusting down into William, repeatedly hitting that sweet spot, and William pushing back for all he is worth.

William is overwhelmed with sensations. He nearly goes over the edge when he feels Penn’s slightly roughened hand reach between them and grasp his shaft, stroking up and down the length of it. It’s only a very short while later when he does reach completion, spending on their stomachs, and Penn finishes not long behind.

Penn chuckles as they lie there, recovering. "Good thing you’re not my Childe. I’d have to beat you for cumming without permission." William’s surprise at this statement evidently shows in his face, as Penn laughs harder. "Don’t worry. You’re under my protection now but I will treat you like a brother, not a childe."

William chuckles then in relief. "I take it vampires are very strict on their children?"

Penn nods. "Yes. And I will have to teach you the rules. You have much to learn. Your Seducer power, for instance. I don’t possess it myself but I understand the rudiments of how it works. Darla, Angelus’ Sire, is a Seducer and she spoke about it often."

William perks up at this. "What are you, then?"

"A Warrior. Like Angelus. There are also Controllers, like Drusilla and The Master, Darla’s Sire. They can cloud people’s minds and make them see what they desire them to see."

William bristles a bit. "I can fight."

Penn chuckles again. "Yes. You are Aurelius. We are a Warrior line. All our line can fight. But you are also a Seducer. And that is your calling more than being a Warrior. I will school you in fighting so that you can hold your own with any lesser vampire, no matter how old. You will be a Master in your own right someday, and need to be able to do your own killing. Speaking of that, tell me why you were prowling about the docks and yet letting so many tasty meals pass you by."

"I feed only on criminals," William says.

Penn laughs. "A vampire with morals. Well, no matter. Fighting vermin who fight back is good warrior training. I have different methods of picking my prey but to each his own. Tomorrow we will find a proper place to live. Then we will start the training. But tonight we sleep like proper family." He slides off and moves behind William pulling him to him, spooning against him. "Like Angelus used to sleep with me." William purrs and settles back against Penn. This is oddly comforting and he quickly falls asleep.

The next night they meet with a real estate broker who apparently is used to doing deals in the evening over dinner. He takes them to a charming old house that both Penn and William like, and the deal is consummated that night. William is amazed that Penn has that sort of money to throw around.

Penn’s eyes glow. "You will too, little one. I’ll teach you. Your habit of going after criminals will prove useful to you yet."

They move their belongings into the already furnished house. Apparently a grisly murder had taken the lives of the previous owner, so the house was both inexpensive and well-appointed, as no one wished to buy the furnishings. There are three bedrooms but Penn moves them both into the master bedroom.

"You’ll be sleeping with me. If you have sports of another kind you can use one of the other rooms, but you will sleep in
here."

William sees no reason to argue. He had never, since he was a small boy, slept as well as he had last night in the arms of Penn.

Then they go hunting. Penn watches as William takes down a pair of robbers and then Penn swoops in and dispatches the victim that William just saved. William is both shocked and admiring all at once. He had already decided he could not judge Penn on his own moral standard.

Vampires killed. William killed. And who they chose to kill was their own personal cross to bear. Then William robs the bodies of his kills, and Penn the body of his. They take a cab back to the house and Penn begins kissing and fondling William as they ride. William responds, highly aroused by the killing. It is a connection he had never quite made before, that the killing roused his lust as well. They go back into the house and make love again as the night before, only more rough and urgent, and then collapse into sleep.

The next night his warrior training begins. Penn instructs him and drills him and fights him and they sweat and clutch until they are too aroused to continue and have to grasp each other and stroke to completion. Then they hunt, and love, and sleep. Sometimes other things intrude, like getting William proper clothes and having his hair styled. It is a pattern that continues, only broken by the occasional night of Aurelius line history or vampire lore or instruction on his Seducer powers.

"The key, Darla told me," Penn says, "is to take your lust and push it out through your eyes, through your hands, through your voice. To focus it on the object of your intention so thoroughly that they feel there is no one else in all the world at that moment. Once they fall, they are yours for hours. You can use it on other vampires as well but depending on their age and strength it may last much less, maybe only minutes, or maybe only as long as you hold their gaze."

And then William practices on Penn. For hours and hours. And then it starts that he does it on and off during warrior training. Til eventually he is able to entrance Penn-- really, really entrance him.

"You’re ready," Penn says. "Ready to take it into the real testing ground. We will procure an invitation to a salon and you will seduce some highborn lady who would never think of ruining her virtue before marriage. You do that and you can have any woman you choose…or any man, for that matter."

"Cecily," William whispers.

Penn grins. He has heard all about Cecily by now. "Yes. You can finally take your revenge on the vicious tart." Penn approves of William’s desire to break and humble her. He thinks William thinks entirely too much about morality and a foray into the darkness of selfish vengeance will do him good.

It is a few nights later when they dress in their best and head out to the function to which Penn has somehow gotten an invitation. It is a gathering to hear music performed by some young gifted musicians, and the room is filled with a glittering array of wealthy and noble guests. William is instantly uncomfortable and unsure.

Penn looks over at him and then whispers in his ear. "They are all food. You could have any of them for dinner. You are so much more than they are. They should kiss your feet. You could reduce any of them to a groveling heap in less than a minute, so don’t let them intimidate you."

This helps William and he walks with his now-usual confidence and regal bearing. He prowls through the room, looking for a likely candidate for his test. Penn sees this and chuckles. "No, dear boy, I will pick your test. Otherwise it is not much of a test." Penn scans the room and indicates a tender young thing dressed in blue. "Her. Barely past her coming out. Noble. I know her family. She is expected to marry well, and marry virgin. Perfect. Make her yours. And drink from her thigh after you take her. That way I will be able to taste her in your mouth and know you have done it."

William stalks over to her, with Penn beside him. He approaches slowly, scanning her delicate curves, even hidden as they are in her very proper gown. He can scent her, the sweet smell of innocence. It is intoxicating. His lust is rising already. He approaches her and bows properly, even as Penn introduces him.

"Ah, Minerva Tollingsworth, let me introduce William Matthew Foster."

"Charmed, I’m sure," she says, holding out her hand, her tone bored. But her breath already begins to quicken by the time William finishes kissing her proffered hand and gazing into her eyes. It takes only a short while of small talk and gazing into her eyes and reciting a bit of poetry before she is moving with him out of the salon and into a deserted library. He gets her onto the couch and keeps talking, starting to touch her, on her arms, on her face. The more he talks, the more she surrenders herself to him, until eventually he has gotten under her skirts and is in her, taking her virginity, silencing her moans and cries with his lips.

Then after, he slides down to lick her clean and to sink his teeth into her thigh.

He stalks, triumphant, back into the salon and Penn takes him out into the darkness of the garden where he can kiss him in a bower and taste the sweet taste of the deflowered virgin in his mouth. Penn smiles and strokes his hair. "You did it, my boy. You did it. I am so proud."

William purrs and rubs his head against Penn’s hand. "And there was never a problem, never a hesitation, never a chance she might escape me. It was perfect. Just like you taught me."

Penn shakes his hand. "It was you. I gave you only the barest instruction. It’s you that are perfect. When you are a Master you will have a city not only cowering, but trembling for you."

William’s eyes shine. They sit for a while, talking, and then from inside the mansion the airs of a popular song drift across the lawn. William starts singing it. To his surprise, his voice is no longer the thin, uncertain one he used to possess but is full of body and grace.

"Young Peggy blooms our boniest lass,
Her blush is like the morning,
The rosy dawn, the springing grass,
With early gems adorning.
Her eyes outshine the radiant beams
That gild the passing shower,
And glitter o'er the crystal streams,
And cheer each fresh'ning flower…"

And at this Penn interrupts him, pulling him into a kiss. "Stop singing or you will entrance me right here. You are a siren now."

William’s eyes light up in surprise. "I didn’t even know I could do that. I… I was indifferent at best before. Mother had me take lessons but my voice was never that strong."

"Well it is now. You could make your living, singing like that. Charm the money right out of their pockets. If you ever needed an honest living…which, of course, you don’t."

William nods. "So, back to the party?"

"Only long enough to make our excuses. We shall go home, change, and go hunting. Then," and Penn’s eyes glow, "I want you to sing for me tonight."

The next night, William asks to start going again to the places that Cecily haunts. It is time to begin his plan for her downfall and his revenge.

He walks back in, dressed in the height of fashion, both he and Penn.

They make a circuit of the room and eventually end up near the group of tossers that used to make fun of William’s poetry. They have been asked to cards and several hands played before one of them even makes the connection that this is the same William they know. They are all exclaiming over the difference in him when Cecily walks by. She looks at him appraisingly and smiles with frank interest. William wishes her good day, bows, kisses he hands, and gazes into her eyes. She begins to pant. William lets go her hand and returns to the card game. She walks off, slightly miffed.

"I say, William my lad, ought you not go chase her down like you always do? At least today she shows interest."

"Thomas, we are playing cards. I *never* chase ladies while I am playing cards. I can be lucky in only one thing at once." William smiles as the others laugh at his remark.

Cecily passes by a few more times and William inclines his head in respect but pays her no more notice than that.

The next night he arrives again and he and Penn get drinks, lounging on one of the settees. Cecily comes by and he greets her again, kissing her hand. This time she sits down next to him without waiting to be asked and presses Penn into service to get her a drink, giving her a few moments alone with William.

"Why, Cecily," he drawls. "I thought I was beneath you. Whatever are you doing sitting so closely next to me. It’s not even a proper distance. Your mother would be shocked."

"William," Cecily replies. "I spoke hastily. You were poorly dressed and behaved ridiculously then. Evidently your new patron has done you a world of good."

"Yes, he has." William smiles to himself…if only poor innocent Cecily knew how *much* good Penn had done him. "So suddenly I am no longer beneath you?"

"Oh, please, William, *do* forget I ever said that. I would really ever so much enjoy having your company now."

"Proper courting, then," William says. "Only I attend nothing during the days any longer. I am busy with lessons and business now."

"Of course," says Cecily, sounding disappointed as if she expected quite a different…and more intimate…response.

So begins a round of very proper and formal courting. Meeting at parties, attending suppers together, going to salons and dances. Each time he would turn on just enough of the aura just long enough to have her panting and needy by the end of the evening. He sends her lovely notes full of the poetry she despised and she treasures each one, having him read them aloud the next time she sees him. Finally, at a large ball, she manages to drag him off to an abandoned study and "convince" him to have his wicked way with her.

Then he stops calling on her. Stops attending parties. Stops sending her notes. When he does see her, he greets her coldly then makes an excuse to leave. The third time he does this she cries bitterly and throws herself at his feet. He picks her up and drags her outside.

"You harlot," he says. "No proper woman would do what you did. I can’t have anything to do with such a jade. I have a reputation to consider. You are beneath me, woman." Then he walks off, leaving her crying.

Part 2

Cecily storms back to her house. She stalks into her room, her face a mask of fury and pain. She grabs a necklace out from under her dress and holds it, screaming, "Anyanka!"

A blonde-haired woman appears and sighs. "Vacation over yet, Halfrek? It’s been very lonely without you. Work just isn’t the same."

"No! But I need you in a professional capacity. Some little *nothing* who turned into this terribly sexy vampire courted, slept with, and *dumped* me. ME! I wish…I wish….oh, let’s see here. He has been a vampire for oh, say a few months. He has to have done plenty of terrible things. Hmmmm. I wish he had his soul restored! There! That’ll take care of him. His Sire will desert him and he’ll be tormented and he’ll have to drink rats in alleyways to survive! Most of all, he’ll go back to being a pathetic little nothing! Hah!"

Anyanka says, "Done!"

Across town, William falls to his knees and his eyes glow golden for a moment. Penn sees this and picks him up. "What happened?"

William shakes his head. "I…I don’t know. But I feel weak suddenly. I need to lie down."

Penn helps him to the bed. Then he smells it. The aroma, unmistakable. He collapses onto the floor. "Y-y-y-your soul. You’ve been given your soul back."

William sits for a moment, considering. "I…do…feel a little different. What should it feel like?"

"Well…I don’t know. I would imagine you’d be tormented by the terrible things you’d done as a vampire. But then, I suppose, you haven’t really done all that many terrible things, now, have you?"

Then as Penn speaks, a wave of remorse hits William. Not unbearable, but profound, and he cries out. Penn looks at William, trying to decide what to do. Part of his vampiric instinct tells him to run, or to throw the boy out, that no good can come from having a soul. But the rest of him knows that this is his boy, and since Angelus he has never wanted another like he wants William. So he climbs onto the bed and holds William to him and lets him scream and cry.

William doesn’t go hunting that night. He spends the day shivering in bed, wakeful, talking to himself. He doesn’t go hunting the next night, either. Penn brings a woman back to the room and William has come back to himself enough to seduce her. He drinks as much as he dares and then Penn sends her away, alive, not wanting to stop William’s recovery.

By the next night he has risen from the bed. When Penn wakes he finds William bathing. "Better?" Penn asks.

"Better," William responds. "But, Penn…I don’t know if we can hunt together anymore. I don’t think…I can watch you kill innocents anymore."

Penn sighs. "I’ve been thinking. For the time being…." He grits his teeth. "For the time being I will eat criminals like you do."

William looks over at Penn and smiles. "You really care about me, don’t you?"

Penn sighs. "Angelus told me never to use insipid words like the one I am about to use…but honestly, William, I do believe I love you." William nods and blushes. "I love you too, Penn. I think I have for a long time."

~~ TWENTY YEARS LATER (1900) ~~

"Hands off him, little girl!" William screams.

The Chinese girl has Penn backed up against a wall in the temple, bleeding from several sword wounds. She whirls around and William catches her eyes, projecting his aura. He has had twenty years to perfect it and most nights he manages to seduce several victims, males and female, and kills none of them. He still hunts criminals to keep himself in fighting trim, and Penn hunts some nights without him. He tries hard not to think about those nights. The girl freezes at his gaze, and he moves towards her, knocking the sword out of her hand. This breaks the line of his gaze just enough that she moves again, pulling a stake from her belt and whirling to stake Penn. He has no time…William grabs and snaps her neck.

She falls to the floor, dead.

"That…that was a Slayer, William. You’ve killed a *Slayer*."

"I had to. She was going to kill you."

"She’s a Slayer. She would have killed you too. Drink her. Her blood will increase your power tremendously. She’s dead already. Don’t scruple at drinking the blood."

William nods. "Very well." He bends down and drinks her blood, drinking her dry. He feels the power rush through his veins and his body. It is like smoking opium, only multiplied a thousandfold. He is God, and all the world bows before him.

Then he feels his lust rise in him, more powerfully than it ever has. He looks at Penn. Penn has crept over and licks blood off her wounds and takes what little is left in her body to heal his own wounds. He looks up. "Did you know that the blood of a Slayer is also a powerful aphrodisiac?"

William pulls Penn to him and they move away to the other side of the temple. They find an abandoned sleeping pallet and sink down onto it, pulling the clothes off each other. As the sounds of battle and screams of war rage outside, inside this little sanctum of a temple is an alabaster blue-eyed god and his faithful worshipper. Their limbs gleam golden-pale in the torchlight as they begin to explore each other. Their mouths and hands roam over each other, their bodies twining, in all the ways that two vampires who have had twenty years to work on an intricate ballet of touch can devise.

At last, William gets ready to lie down and Penn stops him. Instead Penn lies down, and spreads his legs. William’s eyes open in question, and Penn nods. "William, my dear one, today you saved my life and killed a Slayer. You’re my equal now, at the very least. I want you to. It’s not like it’s never been done before. I was Angelus’ boy."

William nods, his eyes still wide, almost unable to believe the magnitude of what Penn is giving him today. He reaches into his pocket for the small jar of ointment he carries everywhere and spreads it on his fingers. He reaches for Penn and Penn shakes his head. "Just put it on your magnificent cock and take me. I don’t need the gentle preparation. Do it just like I do you now."

William does as Penn says, and maneuvers between his thighs, pressing in hard against him. He has had sex with other men, human men, but never with a vampire. The cool silkiness encases him and he groans in pleasure and he pushes deep into Penn. Penn arches and cries out. He may be no virgin but he is still virgin-tight, as he was when Angelus made him.

And, of course, William’s proud member is large—not as large as Angelus’, but close indeed. Penn has always harbored a secret desire to let William take him and he is delighted to finally have good enough reason to let him.

William is gripped with urgency as he hears voices and noises drawing nearer. There is no way he is going to stop, not now, so he pushes hard and deep and fast. Penn moans and keens as William hits the spot within him over and over and over. He too, can hear the voices and he wants to reach completion for both of them before anyone enters the temple.

William reaches between them and starts stroking Penn, and they both begin to pant and shudder. Penn cums, suddenly, and his clenching and shaking pushes William over the edge and he cums too, the both of them screaming animal screams of delight that echo and reverberate off the walls of the temple.

They pull themselves together and hastily dress, leaving the temple. On their way through the town they see, walking through the streets, three familiar figures. Penn hastily pulls William into a building. They watch as the trio passes. William sees Angelus again, walking, his hair blowing in the wind, his coat wrapping around him. And again he feels a strange stirring of feelings he cannot explain. It is something beyond mere lust and for a second he almost wants to step out onto the street to meet him but he holds himself back.

"We need to leave," Penn said. "There are rich pickings here, but it is no good if *he* is here. In all this chaos, it would be too easy to miss him coming."

William nods. Together they walk through the rubble.

~~ OCTOBER 2000~~

William is sitting in New Orleans, enjoying a glass of fine wine and a lovely meal at a sidewalk table of a restaurant in the French Quarter. A woman strolls up to him and it takes a second to realize who he is seeing. He refuses to run, though. He is 120 years old, 143 if you count his human years, and he has long been considered a Master. And according to Penn, Drusilla was only twenty years older. So he simply looks up and says, "Hello, Drusilla. Care to join me?"

"You’ve got the spark in you. Like Daddy does. Both of you, all sparkly and you burn my fingers." Drusilla stands, looking at him.

He sighs. He knows that her words probably mean something but he has no idea what. "That’s nice, Drusilla. 120 years and this is what you want to tell me?"

Her face is pained. "My brother is dead, Willie my boy, and it’s not nice to make fun."

"Your brother?" It takes a second, but then he shouts, "PENN?"

"Yes. Now be quiet, doggy, or no bone for you."

William forces himself to sit down and be quiet. Finally Drusilla says.

"That’s better. It happened in Daddy’s city, the City of Angels. I don’t know why, or how. And I can’t go there. Daddy doesn’t like me since he got the spark. But you have it too. He’ll let you. Find out for me, Willie? Please?"

"The spark?" He thinks a while. "A *soul*? We’ve both got a soul? Angelus has a soul?"

"Yes. Angel now, not Angelus. Like his city."

William nods, unthinking. "I’ll leave. I’ll leave as soon as I can."

"Good boy. I knew it was good that I made you." Drusilla gets up and wanders away and disappears before William can ask how to find her. Oh, well, he supposes she will find him again, like she did this time. Through one of her visions, he imagines. He heads back to his hotel to pack and make arrangements. The next day before dawn he is in Los Angeles and safely ensconced in a hotel. Now, to find one vampire in a city of millions.

~~ A FEW DAYS LATER ~~

William comes walking into the address listed on the card. He had hired a private detective who had immediately suggested that for his "specialized" needs, this might be the place to go. And the name, Angel Investigations, seems promising. He sees an attractive brunnette and walks over to her. He stands there, dressed in a midnight blue raw silk suit and black silk shirt and smiles at her. "Excuse me, is this Angel Investigations?"

Cordy smiles and puts her hair behind her ears. "You betcha, how can I help you?"

"Well, this will sound perhaps a little insane, but is Angel Investigations actually...run by someone called Angel?"

"Yeppers, an Angel for Angel Investigations. Frankly he got the tag line because he does most the saving...oh and it gives his ego a charge. But it's totally not because he is the king or anything...I mean yeah he's totally hot and stuff and strong, but he could be more fun and less broody. I tell him wrinkles but it's all don't have to worry about it this, aging not a issue that." Cordy trails off once she realizes what she has said and coughs smiling. "He has...good family genes."

William smiles. "Yes, well, I'm actually looking to speak to the man himself if that can be arranged. You see, I think, in a manner of speaking, that we have...interests in common."

Cordy nods as if she expected this. "Well see I would love to but..." She trails off as she hears the hall door from the sewer entrance open. "But nothing he'll be right with you. It's my lunch break anyway." She grabs her purse and calls out, "Angel, I'm going out to lunch. Someone here to see you."

Laughing can be heard, then a black man comes into view. "Man, seriously this whole... 'My outifit is ruined' speech is getting old. You really just need to buy five and dime shit and quit wearing the GAP stuff out to kill shit."

Angel sighs and comes around the corner next holding out his shirt from his body flipping his goo-soaked jacket off with one hand while still somehow holding a sword. "It's not GAP, it's Gucci, and I just bought it.

And it was a *sweep* I didn't know we would run into big snarly goo-spitting demons who hate the color navy."

William stands, entranced. The hair is different but this is still the same man who twice has made him feel like no other man. He is there, tall and handsome, with dark spiky hair and the most velvety-soft chocolate brown eyes that William has ever seen. He holds an unneeded breath and then lets it out, saying, "Angel?"

Angel is about to put the sword away when he looks up and his eyes meet William’s. Then the world stands still and there is nothing else but the two of them. It feels like forever but really it's only a mere minute and the black man snaps his fingers in front of his face "Yo, Angel customer and can I go? Cordy hopped out without me for Lunch and it's her turn to pay."

Angel nods slowly "Yeah, yeah, Gunn, go on, I got this." Gunn claps his back then runs out, sparing William a nod. Angel turns back to the weapons rack, hangs the sword, then grabs a stake and turns back to William. "I don't know you, but I know what you are and you’re troubling me for a reason I think you’re about to tell me."

"I am indeed...GrandSire."

"Yeah that would be it." Angel says, then sighs. He turns back, closes the weapon rack, then strolls over to grab his jacket, flipping it over his shoulder. "Come with me. I have stuff to wash and you can tell me which of my Childer went and made their own without informing me."

William falls in with him, matching stride, moving panther-smooth and graceful and nearly silent. "I am Drusilla's. She made me in the year 1880."

Angel laughs a sort of sad laugh, opens the laundry door, and walks in. He tosses the jacket carefully into an industrial sized washer. Then strips off his shirt to put it into a smaller washer. He puts in the detergent then sets one to delicates and the other to heavy. He walks out then, knowing this boy will follow, speaking loud enough to be heard. "So my Drusilla made you then in 1880 which makes you 120. You must be a Master by now. I can tell already you’re a Seducer, so no need to wax poetic on me."

"Yes. She had a vision, apparently, that terrible consequences would follow if I should meet Angelus. She abandoned me. I was found not long after by another Childe of yours. Penn. He raised me. It's him I have come about. Drusilla tells me he is dead. And that he died here in your city. I've come hoping to find out about his death."

Angel stops half-way up the steps and turns a sad look on his face. He touches his chest right above his heart. "A cop named Kate Lockley who I had been trying to get through to. She got a bit mad when she found out that Vampires were real and weren't a blissful fairytale about seduction and pretty faces while they sucked death dry from you. Penn was behind me and she shoved a 2x4 through my chest to get to him and she did. He got staked in the heart and he turned to dust. I couldn't even be punished to watch because of the board in my chest. That is how I lost my Gabriel."

William clenches his jaw. "Not just yours. Mine too. My teacher. My lover." His face is a mask of pain. His voice comes out steady and smooth, though. "And the cop, this Kate Lockley? What became of her?"

"I don't know she is somewhere I'm sure probably working. I haven't seen her for a while. She doesn't like me much. And if my Penn was all those things to you I'm sorry for you. But if you want revenge best not to tell me about it. I have a soul now and no one kills in my city." Angel replies

"I have a soul too," William intones softly. "And I wouldn't kill for revenge. I would have killed to protect him, but I won't kill for revenge."

Angel freezes again and says carefully. "You have a soul?" Then he goes down the stairs and he can sense it as clear as day now. He nearly kicks his own ass for being so stupid. "You have a soul. How, I mean...why...I mean I was the only...I mean how?"

William shakes his head. "I don't know. Just happened a few months after I was made. I was at home and my eyes glowed and I collapsed and there it was. I thought *I* was the only one." He smiles ruefully. "How did you get yours?"

Angel looks uncomfortable now and mutters. "It was forced on me by Gypsies with a curse."

William raises an eyebrow but he is not going to press the point. "Well, I suppose that is it, then... unless..."

"What?" Angel asks

"I've been kept away all these years because of some dire vision Drusilla had about myself and Angelus. But you're not Angelus anymore, apparently, and Drusilla seems to think it is safe for me to be near you. Could I stay, perhaps, and get to know you?"

Angel seems totally apprehensive at first, looking as if to turn and just ignore the plea. But then he sighs and looks back at William. "Well, a little bit of time can't hurt. Since you’re Souled. A name would be a good start. Do you have one or should I just call you boy?"

William chuckles. "It's William. But as you're my GrandSire I'll answer to Boy as well, if you wish."

"Well, Will, I'm way past being anyone’s Grandsire in name. And you’re right-- Angelus is gone and buried and Angel is what you see and get. Come on, let’s pick you a room to stay in."

"Thank you, Angel." William follows Angel up the stairs. "This is a wonderful building. Been here long?"

"No, not really, and I had to be hanged and exorcise a demon to get it," Angel says conversationally as they walk down a long corridor that has room after room. He points to five on one side and three on the other.

"Those are the ones you *can* actually live in. Mine is here." Angel points to his door. "Pick whatever one you want."

William smiles and points to the one next to Angel's. "Any objection to me taking that one?"

"I said any one you wanted, Will. Ok, well, I need to shower. Do you need anything? Are you hungry?" Angel asks.

"I'll provide for myself in that respect. I don't kill but I do hunt, in a manner of speaking...Seducer and all."

Angel nods. "Ah, yes. This will be neat. I haven't had a Seducer around me since Darla." Angel opens his door then turns back looking into William’s eyes. "Did my Drusilla happen to tell you why you couldn't be near me? Did she give you any clue what she was afraid of? I know she talks in riddles, but if you listen, you understand."

"She wrote me a letter. I still have it, locked away in a safe somewhere. But I can quote the line. She said, 'If you had come with me it would have been to slavery and ruination and pain.' I showed the letter to Penn and he seemed to think Angelus would have taken me from Drusilla, made me a slave."

It is now that Angel takes his real first look at William. His eyes dilate and all his senses go into full swing. Angel is nothing but a locked cage, keeping all that could tempt and remind him far away. So now everything zings and burns with the usage of looking at William-- *really* looking. The blue eyes so blue...just as he had loved then, just as he still secretly loves now. The cheekbones so delicate-- almost *too* delicate. And the body small, compact and feline. He averts his eyes away and nods. "Yeah, yeah she was probably right I was something of a Bastard. See you in a bit Will." And Angel goes into his room to shower and change.

William calls to have his luggage delivered. In half an hour it is there and he has it delivered to his room. He showers and changes, coming out of the room in soft, tight-fitting faded jeans and a dark red silk tank. He heads out of his room to go downstairs.

Angel comes downstairs in black slacks and a black dress shirt. Cordy and Gunn are back now chatting amicably while Angel's office light is on. Angel gestures to it. "Wesley working in my office again?"

Cordy nods and looks bored "Uh huh all with the peace and quiet and where is my tea. Oh look, scales. You know Wes."

Gunn chuckles and leans over the desk "I'm telling ya, we need to get him a girl, man."

Angel just shakes his head and nods. "Ok, you two, no moving. I have to get Wes, then you all have to meet someone." Then he walks into his office and looks at a bent-over Wes who is knee-deep in oooh and ahh's of research. "Wes, I need you for a minute."

Wes looks up and sighs. "Yes, Angel? I'm in the middle of the most fascinating text on ancient rituals of the Fl'hurg demons."

"Wes and you can go right back to it in my office and everything after you meet someone. Now come on, please."

Wes sighs and puts the book down, marking his place, and comes out into the lobby. Just about then William comes down the stairs. Every rippling bit of feline muscle shows in his form-fitting clothes as he moves cat-graceful down towards the lobby. His hair is a tousled mass of platinum blonde, and his blue eyes flecked with gold stare down at the assembled group. He smiles brilliantly and just the bare edge of his aura, the part that always hovers around him, washes out to meet them as he turns his attention on them.

Angel gestures to William. "Everyone this is William. William, I just found, is a member of my bloodline. Drusilla made him. He has a Soul like me and he will be staying with us for a bit to get to know me. Say hello." v Cordy squeaks then covers her neck then registers everything Angel said and comes out from behind the desk and walks slowly up to William. "He has a soul too? And he is part of your family?"

Angel nods. "Yes-- Soul I can sense, blood and family even more-- he's legit."

"Wow. I mean, what a total waste of hottie flesh. I *knew* something was up." She sighs. "Probably has a ‘no nookie for me’ curse too, huh?"

William turns his brilliant smile on her and then bows and kisses her hand. "No such curse for me." He looks quizzically at Angel and makes a mental note to ask him later in private about this.

Cordy blushes when William kisses her hand and mutters, "Is it hot in here? I mean is it really...We have a fan maybe? Whew." She tugs at her collar.

"William the Bloody, is it?" Wes asks, drawing William's attention away from Cordelia. "You really should not play your little Seducer games on Angel's staff."

William sighs. "Ah. A Watcher. I recognize the tone. Yes. I am *that* William. I was defending my lover at the time who was about to be killed. I had no choice in the matter. And I wasn't playing Seducer games. If I were..." And he concentrates on Wes, waves of power emanating from him. Wes swallows, and then begins to sweat, and then takes two tentative steps forward towards William before closes his eyes and the energy drops back to where it was before. "This lovely young lady and I would undoubtedly have left the room for someplace more private by now."

Wes nods, still sweating. He steps back. "Ah. I see."

Cordy snorts. "Well sign me up, Mister. I don't care what tricks you use."

Gunn walks up now and grabs Cordy's shoulders and holds out a hand. "Names Gunn...just Gunn and don't use none of that mind cupid mojo on me and don't kill innocents and we’re straight, deal?"

William takes Gunn's hand and shakes it. "We are straight, Gunn. I don't kill innocents. I haven't killed at all in many many years except to defend myself or to save the lives of others."

Gunn nods and takes his hand back moving a whining Cordy away with him back to work. "But I wanted to see if he would show me his abs. I know he has them. Did you see his body? Guunnnn I never get laid...and he’s hotttttt."

Angel chuckles from his perch in the corner. "Oh yeah, no Seducer around me for a real long time."

Wes looks up at Angel. "You *do* know he killed a Slayer, Angel, don't you?"

Angel nods. "Yes, and I killed thousands, your point? One Slayer doesn't mean ostracism Wesley. Don't forget about my not too long ago bout of souless-trying-to-kill-a-Slayer-and-send-the-world-into-hell bit either."

Wes sighs. "I suppose you are right, Angel. Just the knee-jerk Watcher reaction in me, I suppose." He turns a dubious gaze on William then looks back at Angel. "I'll be back in your office, researching, and leave you to your family reunion."

Angel just nods stands and cocks his head for William to follow, heading for the kitchen.

William falls in step and trails him to the kitchen as Wes goes back into Angel's office. "Interesting staff you have. And I assume that Cordy is off limits?" He grins mischievously.

Angel opens the fridge and gets out the gallon of pig’s blood and then gets a mug. "No, she is completely free. Gunn and Wes are however, as I am, protective of her. Gunn is still very wary of vampires, Soul or no. He and I still and will always have our moments. And I believe he doesn't trust you enough in your claim of not using your powers. He doesn't want to see her make a mistake for a one night stand with a vampire who only wants to fuck and feed off her, as he believes you will."

"Then I was correct the first time. I don't have relationships with humans. Not anything longer than a short-term fling. And I've no wish to cast a shadow on our relationship by causing pain to one of your companions. I will, however, continue to flirt outrageously with her. She's too delightful not to deserve that courtesy."

Angel fills his mug then puts it in the microwave, starting it up, grinning. "Yeah, that’s my Cordy-- she's a pistol."

"So....that 'no nookie for me' curse she mentioned... I assume your own curse has some prohibition against sex then?"

Angel about loses his grip on his coffee mug when William asks that question. He turns slowly and looks at William. "Is there some vaild reason for that, or are you doing that learning about me thing there?"

William licks his lips. "Perhaps a little of both. I've had very powerful feelings every time I've seen you."

Angel just sits, because if he does anything else it will look too nervous, scared or tense. He takes a drink of his blood, then composes himself and speaks. "Ok, see, it's like this Will. My curse has a happiness clause stuck to it. We learned this lesson the hard way when I fell in love. Or what I interpreted as love. What it actually was a first love, a puppy love. I had never felt as I did with her with anyone else *ever* so I thought it was the *love*. It wasn't. But it wasn't the love or even the one night of sex that occurred that released the Soul that followed. It was after making love to her when I forgot all about my sins and transgressions. When I was once again.." Angel's voice changes to his Irish brogue. "Liam Frances O'Donnell the lad from Galway, Ireland who had not a care in the world but his own satisfaction and pleasure" His voice changes back again. "But see for them it's easier to associate it with the physical aspect. Give it the possibility of that happening again a tag. Angel can't be Evil Angelus unless he has sex. It was exactly what the curse promised it would be Perfect Happiness. But people will believe whatever they need to just to get by. It's a lot easier to say Angel can't go all grrr unless he fucks someone really tasty then to say hey if he gets a really intense happy moment of any kind then whoosh hello evil how are you."

William nods, his normally happy expression temporarily somber. "Ah, I see. A curse indeed. But thank you for explaining it to me. It must be lonely indeed to worry constantly about such a thing. I suppose I shall have to keep my feelings to myself, then." His eyes glitter just a bit.

"I have harbored all sorts of fantasies about you over the years." Angel coughs and feels that uncomfortable feeling again and just hums, downing his blood in one go, standing up, and rinsing his cup out.

"Thanks... I mean I guess thanks. Fantasies about a guy you never knew or saw...wow, that’s intense, I guess." He turns and looks at Spike. "Penn must’ve really built me up...or Drusilla."

"Oh, I saw you. Three times. Once when I was human, and I bumped into you before Drusilla turned me. Once in the streets of London not long after.

And once in China in 1900, after I killed the Slayer. Each time...incredibly strong feelings. I don't even know how to classify them. But yes, Penn told me a great deal about you. About you and he together, as well."

Angel hisses and waggles his fingers at William "Ohhh, you’re good."

Angel runs a hand through his hair, and then takes an unneeded breath to speak. "I'm 274 and I haven't been intimate with a *man* since 1898. That’s when I got my soul. It was part of my purge of sin and transgressions thing. I wasn't a very nice, or picky vampire William. Man, woman it didn't matter to me. If I got what I wanted and my tastes and likes were met I was pleased."

"So you have a definite rule against it, then? No sex with men? And...just out of curiosity...do *I* fit your tastes and likes?" His eyes sparkle with a mixture of amusement and lust.

Angel's nostrils flare and he says as calmly as he can. "You were with Penn right? What color hair did he have? What color eyes did he have? Darla the same, Drusilla damn close. So William, yes, you fit it. Actually, you’re the best damn example of it. Do I have a rule...no I just don't *think* about it. I'm not that man anymore is all. I'm not Angelus. I'm Angel, I'm the hero and I do good and I save puppies and whatever else needs saving. I don't have time for *anything* else. So it's not a rule just a thing I can push away it's locked in my cage. I haven't been a sexual creature for a really *long* time."

"So odd. Your soul has made you push away your sexual feelings...it forced mine to the forefront. It's how I've survived. The Seducer aura. The lust. It's kept me safe and fed me and kept me on the good side of my soul all these years." William sighs. "Penn used to call me the devil's own temptation."

Angel laughs he can't help it.

William raises an eyebrow. "Why are you laughing?"

Angel calms to say, "Everyone called me the Devil, William. The Beautiful Devil."

William laughs then too. "Perhaps I still stand a chance, then."

Angel tilts his head contemplating William. "You’re not going to stop this, are you?"

William sighs. "If you really want me to, I will. But it's hard. I'm a sexual creature, Angel. And you are family. *And* I have had fantasies about you for a long, long time. So yes, unless you really really want it to stop..."

Angel nods, then he opend his mouth to say it, to say. 'Yes William please stop. Please stop propositioning me. Please stop making me think of years gone by. Please stop tempting me with your face, your looks, your body, your voice, your mannerisms. And please for the love of god please stop wanting me.' But it won't come, and he tries to force it out. He even hit his chest, which must’ve looked odd to William. So he groans loudly and just storms out with the crew. Safe with them...until at least they all go home.

William comes back out to flirt with Cordelia. He smiles to himself. It was obvious Angel was feeling at least a *little* attraction--- enough at least that he couldn't tell William to stop. He comes up behind Cordelia and taps her on the shoulder. "Did I hear something earlier about my abs?"

Cordy turns around and claps squealing "Yesssssssssss...show me...please show me."

William waggles his eyebrows and strips off his tank top, displaying not only his abs but his lovely sculpted chest for Cordy...and perhaps a certain broody vampire...to view.

A groan and cough can be heard in the distance. But Cordy hears nothing as her fingers extend, not touching, but damn well wanting to, she says in awe, "My. God. Do. You. Tae-Bo?"

William moves just a tiny bit forward so that her fingers do touch. "No. I dance, though. And do a fighting workout, which I suppose is somewhat like Tae-Bo in its own way." He soaks up the attention, loving it almost as much as sex or blood. He *adores* attention. Penn used to say he was like a fluffy little kitten that way, and William would always purr in response.

Cordy’s immaculate nails drag down William’s stomach and she breathes in and out slowly, but her skin flushes. She whines out, "Guys please, oh please. I'll take a pay cut even."

A enthusiastic round of 'No' is called out and Cordy stamps her foot and takes her hand, away giving William a sympathetic look. "Sorry, the Daddy and the Uncles say nay. Better stop for today." Another groan can be heard and a shift. Cordy rolls her eyes and calls out "Angel get over it. Daddy, Daddy, Daddy...shall we call Drusilla so you can get your fix?"

Another groan and muttering about woman who become bitter when they can't get sex can be heard.

William shrugs and kisses Cordelia's hand again. "Such a shame. You are *absolutely* enchanting, though." He slides his tank back on and slides into a chair, throwing his leg over one arm and lounging like a lazy, sexy cat.

Cordy's lip quivers and she grabs her purse, screaming out, "I AM SO GOING HOME YOU MEANIES! Don't call-- me and Dennis are going to have special time." And she storms out of the building.

Gunn walks out, eating a sandwich, and hops on the desk next to William and he watches the tail end of the fury that is a woman denied leave. "Oh shit...Angel is so going to get it. Well, me too. But he gets most the shit when it comes to her."

"And why is that, Gunn?" William asks.

"Angel's the engine man that runs this joint. He is the center to which all things gravitate and some such bullshit dude. She runs to him when sad, happy, indifferent. He's her main guy. We pale in comparison to the one with the Angelic face." Gunn smirks. "I've been studying."

William nods. "Indeed. Just friendship, then or do you think it is something more?"

"On Angel’s part, friendship. I mean, yeah, he loves her like friends do. She may love him a bit more than he does her. But it's not like the wretch. He split with Buffy. And even that he regrets now and says wasn't the real deal. Angel is a fickle guy. He can't seem to find the person that fits him. But listen I'm no therapist and I'm not here to keep him happy. I kick ass with him. We kill evil and nasties. We keep the streets safe and shit. I'm his friend but I'm not his relationship counselor. Can only call them like I see them." Gunn calls out. "Angel, man, it's closing time...emergency comes up, call me, I'm here, otherwise leave me the fuck alone, yeah?"

"Yeah." Angel calls back.

Gunn hops off the desk and nods to William. "Night man, see you tomorrow." Then he calls out to Wes. "English need a ride?"

Wes comes out with a pile of papers. "Yes, thank you, Gunn. Goodnight Angel, goodnight William."

William says, "Goodnight Gunn. Goodnight, Wes."

"Night Wesley." Angel calls out then the sound of his feet can be heard.

Gunn and Wes share a look then shrug and walk out.

William follows the sound to where Angel is. It seems to be some kind of training room. Angel comes out in black cotton pants of some sort. William cocks his head, interested. "What sort of workout do you do?"

Angel looks for a moment like a deer caught in headlights. Then he relaxes enough to murmur. "Tai Chi."

"May I watch?"

"If you want go right ahead. I concentrate so I keep to myself you won't get very much conversation."

"That's fine." William settles down cross-legged on the floor where he can watch Angel.

Angel nods and closes his eyes. He gets into position and just takes a unneeded breath. He can forget William’s there. If he could forget Buffy was there and he was in what he thought was knee deep in love with her when then he can pretend with this boy that has managed to awaken a part of himself he thought long dead. He lets out the breath then starts to move one step, one position, one movement after another.

William watches in wonder. For such a large man, he is incredibly graceful now in his movements. He relaxes himself and makes the watching a sort of meditation, thinking nothing, just absorbing the sight in front of him. He meditates on the beauty of the man that is his GrandSire.

Angel is so relaxed and comfortable in his surroundings his track of time falls away and it is only the sound of people laughing that makes him stop moving he opens his eyes and sweat drops fall down through his lashes. He looks down at himself and there is sweat collected everywhere. "How long have I been doing this?"

William shakes himself out of his meditation to answer. His eyes glow. "I don't know. But it was beautiful to watch."

"Yeah...uhmm...yeah. Thanks. I think...I think I'm just going to shower now...sweat...it's… sweaty," Angel says with as much normalcy as he can.

William nods. "Will you be coming back out or are you going to bed?" He asks, his tone light but his eyes fixed on Angel's sweaty body.

Angel slides as nonchalantly as he can to the door. "Well, you know, long day." He fake yawns hugely. "Really long day, but we have all tomorrow and the next day to catch up." Angel reaches the door and yanks it open and spits out fast. "Had a good day today, glad you’re here, do whatever you like, see ya." And he zooms out and up to his room to shower away all his naughty, bad, wicked thoughts.

William smiles and gets up to go through his own workout. He moves in a ballet of punches and kicks, whirling and moving across the floor. It is shadowboxing, a pale comparison with what he used to do with Penn. Penn.

He sinks down to the floor and lets down the barriers and begins to weep for Penn. He has pushed aside the thoughts of grief all day but he can't escape them any longer. *Penn, I should have been there to protect you. To stop you. I should...*

He weeps...for ages it seems. Until he finally stops. He pulls himself together and gets off the floor to go shower.

Part 3

Angel's shower is quick and his hands are refused anymore linger time on parts then necessary. He gets out, dries, and immediately sweat begins to gather again. It's a particularly hot night in LA tonight and for vampires even more so since they are more sensitive to heat or cold. He goes into his bedroom, towel wrapped around his waist and he turns on his two huge oscillating fans. They start to turn and whirl air around. Angel lets the towel drop, not even drying, for he knows sweat drops will just collect again. He throws on a pair of light and airy pajama pants, crawling into bed, throwing off everything but the white linen sheets. He lays his head on his pillow and prays for sleep to come. Because anything else in this heat will draw mad or intense conclusions.

William comes out of the shower and feels the heat. He opens the door, hoping to let in a little air. He towels off and lies down naked, with only one crisp sheet over just the lower half of his body. He sighs and tries to relax and go to sleep, but he is too wound up. He closes his eyes and lets his brain run, hoping it will shut down and let him sleep.

An hour later and Angel climbs out of his sweat-shaped body spot. He peels off the sweaty p.j.s and gets up, opens the drawer, and puts on a pair of holey, faded and trusted jeans. Only one pair of two blue jeans Angel actually owns. He doesn't bother with a shirt, hell with shirts at this point. He opens his door and heads out to go down to the kitchen for something cold. He needs to be cool, desires it, craves it, wants it so bad he could die....GAH. Angel stops frozen as he takes in the form of William's sweat-soaked shiny, little body, its curves totally clear, only hidden by the thinnest of have-to-be-illegal-in-America sheets. He swallows hard and more sweat trickles down his stomach, slipping down into his pants as he shifts, then shifts again when his hard cock strains at the zipper. *Oh, god...oh god no..* he thinks, looking down. *I am not...oh god... He rushes out of the doorway and skids into the kitchen opening the freezer door and shoving his head inside. *He has to stop this, oh god, please rain,* he begs, *anything stop this heat.*

William sighs and shifts. He was in a light sleep but the sound of Angel walking by broke that. He gets up and slips into a pair of white silk boxers that almost immediately cling to him with sweat, and pads downstairs. He sees Angel with his head in the freezer. "Does it help?" he asks wryly.

Muttering from the freezer Angel replies. "Was until now."

William chuckles. "Any ice cream in there?"

Angel, still trying to avoid the unavoidable, takes a tub of chocolate ice cream out and shoves it under the door, not bringing his head out. "Here."

William takes the ice cream and hops up on the counter behind Angel. He fishes a spoon out of the drawer and begins to eat it straight out of the tub. He makes moaning yummy sounds as he does. "Love chocolate. It's my favorite."

Groaning can be heard from the freezer and tiny pound-crackle sounds of breaking ice chips.

William stops eating for a second. "Is there some problem I can help with, Angel?"

"Can you control the weather?" Angel says in a strained voice.

William smiles and picks up the ice cream, walking over to Angel. "No, but maybe I can help cool you down." He takes a spoonful of ice cream and drops it on Angel's back, then licks it as it slides down his skin.

Angel grabs the edges of the fridge so hard it actually cracks down the plastic on the side. He straightens slowly and says ultra, severely carefully. "Uhmmm, that’s nice of you, thanks." Then he grabs an ice block out of the corner from where he was beating his head and puts it on his neck, averting his eyes away from sex-on-tap boy.

William purrs a little and looks at Angel, licking his lips. "Did you not like it? Was that too much?"

"It was cool, and you know...cool...and chocolate smells nice...just don't like to wear it on my *body* much. It goes in the mouth usually, you know to *swallow*," Angel says casually, his eyes only sneaking peaks at William, and he adds white silk boxers to the naughty things list. He moves the ice block to the other side of his neck now, the droplets dripping down his body like a tiny river.

William moves over with a spoon now holding it out for Angel. "Ok, for your mouth then." He smiles wickedly as he gazes at the water dripping off Angel's body.

Angel is about to run for the hills really he wants to, needs to, even twitches his toes to start up. But no, of course not, because apparently he can only accomplish one action at a time right now and his mouth has already started the open-for-chocolate-seduction journey. Curse his mouth, curse it to hell. He sucks the spoon into his mouth and sucks the chocolate off, groaning softly as it melts quickly and slides down his throat, his eyes closed with the joy of it. Angel never eats food and chocolate—well, chocolate is the devil’s own treat. When his eyes open, he releases the spoon. "Good."

William nods. "Yes it is." He takes a spoonful and extends his tongue, licking it deftly off the spoon and moving it to his mouth, working his tongue in a wicked little pattern. Then he scoops another spoon and holds it out for Angel.

Angel's ice block shatters into tiny shards when his fingers clench it at that little display with William’s tongue. He ignores the pieces as they fall around him and through his fingers and just opens his mouth, sucking the spoon into his mouth and once again sucking it off, releasing it as he swallows.

William chuckles and takes another wicked spoonful himself. He holds out another spoon for Angel. He licks his lips. "I love watching you eat."

Angel's eyes dilate and without even thinking he murmurs, "Why don't you feed me that one then?"

William scoops the ice cream on his tongue and moves forward, pressing his mouth to Angel's and pushing his tongue...and the ice cream...into Angel's mouth.

Angel growls in pleasure sucking the ice cream and William’s tongue deeper into his mouth, swishing it around, then swallowing the ice cream but not releasing his tongue. He grabs the ice cream out of his hands and throws it on the counter, then the spoon shortly follows, as Angel pushes their bodies back until the back of William’s knees hit the edge of the table. It’s only then he releases William’s tongue to pant needlessly, his eyes not leaving William’s. He instantly feels the ass. "I'm, I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Oh, bloody hell, please don't be sorry. Been wanting you to do that." William's eyes look back, full of need and desire.

"Oh god." Angel moans. His fingers trace over William’s cheekbones, rubbing into the grooves, then back out, then they roam down to his jaw.

"Oh, god me too...I fucking shouldn't do this though. I really," Angel leans over and licks into the cheekbones, "really shouldn't." Then his tongue and mouth follows the path to William’s jaw his fingers just took as his fingers move to William’s throat.

William moans and leans into the kissing and licking as his fingers run over Angel's sweat-soaked chest. His silk covered-crotch is pressed forward so that it contacts Angel's and he moans again.

Angel moans into the hollow of William’s throat. His arms grips William’s forearms, holding him tightly as he pushes him almost completely back onto the table. "You have to stop those sounds...please...fucking god...you taste so good, feel even better and I haven't even gotten anywhere yet." He looks into William’s eyes again and he feels like a vacuum of lust and longing is sucking him in. He crashes his mouth back to William’s demanding entrance, just plain demanding.

William lets him in, letting Angel plunder his mouth as he grows harder against him, rubbing his legs up and down the side of Angel's legs.

Angel growls again, the pleasure of this body beneath him already driving him to heights of mad passion-- William rubbing against him, his legs sliding along his sweaty body. He grabs William’s hands and wrists, slamming them to the table with his own, his mind carrying him away to a different time, a different place. He releases William’s lips to purr, staring into his eyes, and he sees how he is holding him. Suddenly Drusilla’s words from William’s mouth hit him like a sledgehammer.

'Slavery and ruination and pain.' And he releases William and moves back, wiping the sweat off his brow, and says as hard as he can manage, "We’re not doing this, William." And he strides out of the kitchen.

William pants for a second and chases after Angel, pressing him against the nearest wall and kissing him fiercely. "Not letting you get away that easily," he gasps as he breaks the kiss for a minute.

Angel flips them around, pressing William back against the wall, spitting, "I said NO."

William's face shifts. It is one raw, open, ragged mask of desire and need. "Please."

Angel’s reserve starts to crumble again and his fingers rub around his grip on William’s wrists. "Don't beg, no begging."

William's lower lip trembles and he sticks it out a bit in an attractive pout as he grinds his crotch against Angel's.

"Oh shit. What the fuck are you?" Angel moans out softly.

"Yours...if you want me," William says, all sex-kitten again.

Angel pushes his body tight against William’s to the point William has to crane his neck to see him. "That. Was. Low."

William licks a long strip up Angel's chest, tasting the sweat and skin. "But true. Look in my eyes and you know it is true."

Angel relaxes enough to grab William’s face to make him look at him. "You don't even know me. You know nothing about me. What I was, what I could do to you. Drusilla kept you from me, did you ever stop to think it was for a reason William?"

"Yes. Because she was jealous of you. She didn't want me there, taking your attention. Because I have it, don't I? One day here and you already want me so very much. I heard the possessive tone in her voice when she talked about you, when she sent me here."

Angel is bereft. What William says makes so much sense, and that only means one thing, that he has run completely out of excuses. Now he has to settle for one last thing--a lie. He lets William go and backs up two steps and spits it out, hoping it works, because if not, this greeting room is going to get seriously messed up. "I don't William. I don't want you and you don't have my attention."

William moves forward and runs his hand over Angel's crotch, stroking his jeans-covered erection. "This says different."

"Oh, that’s fucking *it.* " Angel growls, his eyes flashing yellow, and he flips William to his back, pinning his body with his own. He grabs William’s wrists once again, pinning them above his head, and proceeds to slowly drag his jeans-covered erection along William’s silk-covered one. "There. You happy now, William? Is this what you wanted?"

William moans long and raggedly, his body writhing under Angel's. He arches his neck. "Yes. Oh bloody fuck yes this is what I wanted."

Angel closes his eyes at the neck arching, and repeats to himself while grinding against William harder, and faster. 'Will not bite the boy, will not bite the boy.’

William maneuvers his mouth to nip and lick down Angel's as he moves over him. He grinds back, moaning and whimpering and starting to purr.

Angel pushes down even harder still, the mantra changing in his head. 'Please no licking of my neck, please no licking of my neck.'

William reaches the spot where the pulse point would be and suck and nips at that patch over and over. He purrs louder and grinds back hard. At this rate, though, he is going to come in his silk boxers just from the rubbing alone.

Angel gives up now and flips to gameface, licking the other side of William’s throat so William can still lick his side. Then he scrapes his fangs along the jugular and waits for the reaction, any reaction.

William moans. "Yours. Please, bite me." He shifts into gameface then too and licks, letting his fangs just barely touch the skin.

Angel’s fingers tighten around William’s wrists. No one has bitten him ever except for Darla. And when she did there was a reason--a particularly good kill, the height of really intense passion, or a family-type deal. But that was then and this is now. He can say in all honesty, he loved to be bitten. It felt good. And it was only fair that if William let him bite him that he should in this day and age return the favor. So he tilts his neck into William’s fangs to let him know to go ahead. He sinks his own into William’s neck without further preamble.

When William’s heady blood hits his tongue, his eyes roll back. He groans and sinks his fangs deeper-- so deep, in fact, that if he had a head on his shoulders to think with, he would realize it's a claiming bite.

William is nearly overcome by the deepness and violence of the bite. He feels it, the claiming. He sinks his teeth into Angel's neck, tasting the rich Sire's blood, so intoxicating that the very taste alone is almost enough to make him cum. He doesn't dare, not on his GrandSire, make the bite any deeper. He is just grateful for the chance to taste him. His body is arched hard against Angel's, his cock weeping precum and about to explode. He keeps drinking, not intending to life his fangs until Angel does, this moment even more intimate than sex.

Angel pulls his fangs regrettably from William’s throat when his body arches and he cums, screaming, his body and mind still on vampire-pilot,"MINE!!"

William pulls back and lets go then, too, shouting back, "YOURS!"

Angel’s eyes widen incredibly wide, then, when his body and mind come down. He turns William’s neck and looks at what he has done. He fingers it slowly, the bite raw and huge, covering completely over Drusilla’s mark. He can't help but know deep inside himself that he did that on purpose. He whispers out, "Oh my god. I claimed you. Fuck...I." He exhales softly, needlessly when the reality hits him that since William has walked into this building and he first saw him and realized who he was, this was what he wanted. He says softly, "Drusilla knew I would make you mine, she knew you would drown her out. She knew you would take me over and I would never give you up-- that I would make you mine."

William nods, feeling the mark raw and deep, leaving him open and vulnerable and exposed. "Yes. I...I was meant to be yours, I think. Those feelings I had when I saw you...they have haunted me all this time. I was with Penn all those years and I never let him mark me. I knew I didn't belong to him."

Angel sits back and rubs the sweat off his mouth with the back of his hand. He gets a bit of William’s blood on it and stares at it, whispering, "It was like I was there but not. Like I just couldn't help myself. Like I knew it, you know, that you wouldn't fight me, that you wanted it. I *wanted* it.....I wanted it. I wanted to erase any part of her on you or around you. I wanted to erase any hold Penn might still have on you and it all hit me as soon as your blood did, and that’s fucking scary. I've never-- not *once*, William-- had this urge to possess *anything* like you. Drusilla-- she was a pet project. Penn a student. You, I don't even want to begin to examine why I want you. But I don't need to...oh god, I don't need to."

"What a piece of work is man. How noble in reason, How infinite in faculties, In form and moving how express and admirable, In action how like an angel, In apprehension how like a god. Shakespeare. I thought of it the second I saw you in here. It fits you. I'm a Master, and a vampire on my own for quite a while now. But everything in me just wants to be yours."

William sits up and moves closer, stroking Angel's face. "We'll have to get to know each other, to find out if there is more than just this driving need. But I want to find out. I want to know you, and for you to know me. But above all I want to be possessed. For *you* to possess me."

"I...god...I'm not that man, that demon, that vampire anymore, William-- the vampire who could do all that. I have a Soul now. I have feelings and I care about others’ feelings. I don't think I can do this with you. And don't get upset because I want to, god do I ever want to. But if what if that’s all this is, is a driving need? And I hurt you? I don't want to hurt you William." Angel says his face honest.

"If you send me away without trying you'll hurt me more," William replies, just as honestly. He touches the mark. "*This* is forever. Sooner or later we have to explore what it means, this drive between us. I vote for sooner. And even if it is just a driving need....there are worse things in this world than having hot passionate sex all the time, Angel."

Angel flops down to the floor and groans but he can't argue this point either...he really hates points right now. He lays looking at the ceiling for awhile but he knows William is still there, waiting. He sighs and turns his head looking at him. "Ok, I'll do this with you. But if it gets too much, if we find each other despising the other, it's done-- mind blowing sex or not, ok?"

William nods, leaning forward to stroke Angel's face. "Yes, I agree." He kisses Angel softly. "Though we've yet to actually have sex. You think it will be mind-blowing?" He grins mischievously.

Angel coughs. "Well I...well...I mean....oh you little shit quit doing that to me."

William chuckles. "So, where do you want to try it first? Here? Your bed? My bed? Me bent over the table? Over your desk?" He licks his lips and then licks Angel's neck over the fresh bite mark.

Angel’s eyes roll back and he whimpers. "What, no dinner, maybe a bit more talk? Maybe a movvvieeeee… oh fuck, right there."

William pulls back. "Ok." He sighs. "No sex until you say so. Can we at least sleep in the same bed? I've never really gotten used to sleeping alone. Penn and I parted in 1977 and I think I've gotten a sex partner almost every night since then because I hate being in bed alone."

Angel finds his head is too cloudy to do anything other than nod his head. He was about ready to throw it all out the window-- the waiting, the urge to be a good man. God, what was this boy doing to him? He stands and holds out his hand.

William takes it and stands up. "Your bedroom?" He looks up, his eyes shining.

"No, to the kitchen, so I can put away the blasted ice cream that started all this," Angel says with a smirk and goes into the kitchen.

William follows. He had actually forgotten all about the ice cream, and pretty much anything else other than Angel.

Angel caps the ice cream then puts it back. Then he proceeds to wipe off all the ice cream spill from him throwing it. He takes the spoon to the sink and washes it as well, being immaculate and thorough with everything he cleans.

William sits on the counter, watching him. He smiles. "You like everything neat and orderly, don't you?"

Angel lets the water out then washes the sink out and grins. "What gave you that clue?"

William chuckles. "Actually remembering the ice cream after all this. But it's probably a good thing. No awkward explanations in the morning as to why there was melted ice cream all over the counter."

Angel wipes his hands on a hand towel then looks at William. "I'm not afraid of them or what they know. Wesley has read the Watchers’ diaries, you know, and one night after I got a wound that I had to be drunk to null the pain from, I told him about me and Penn. So I'm not covering tracks, I'm simply cleaning. Now to bed we go." Angel walks out to head to his bedroom.

William follows behind, watching Angel's very attractive back and backside when he notices the tattoo. "You have a wonderful tattoo. Is the A for Angel or Aurelius?"

Angel opens his door and walks in saying behind him. "I have an ego but not one that huge it stands for Aurelius."

William continues on behind him and brushes his fingers lightly across the tattoo. "It fits you. The Gryphon."

An electric bolt from Angel’s tattoo to his brain to his cock and toes shoots through Angel’s body and his legs start to give out, so he grabs one of the bed posts and wheezes. "What. the. fuck. was. that?"

William draws his hand back. "I...I just touched your tattoo."

Experimentally, he brushes it again, very lightly.

Angel shutters and grips the bed post harder. "Shite."

William pulls back again. "I won't do that, then. Unless you ask me to. No one ever touched it before, then?" He stands in front of one of the fans, letting it blow over his sweat-soaked skin.

Angel composes himself but doesn't let the post go just yet, not trusting his legs, his voice converting, and he doesn't even notice. "I..I dinna think so. Darla and Drusilla they never fancied being fussed with. They liked their pleasure then they liked to be about their business but I dinna have a problem with it."

William walks up and then kisses Angel. "Well, I like touching and exploring and spending hours making slow sweet love. Not that hard and fast doesn't have its virtues as well." William climbs onto the bed and moves over towards the middle, crouching on hands and knees and looking back at Angel. "How do you like to sleep? Spoons? Front to front?"

Angel looks at the boy on his bed and he just sits before he embarrasses himself further, his voice going back to normal. "When Drusilla or Penn did happen to sleep with me it was with them spooned against me. I seem to drag the person with me on the bed into my body like I don't want them to *go* *anywhere*."

William nods, a rueful little smile on his face. "Explains why Penn always used to do that to me. He said it was sleeping like family."

William settles down so that Angel can easily spoon behind him with room left over. "Thank you. For doing this. I know you don't have to."

Angel nods and stands back up he needs to get out of these dirty jeans. He walks over and opens his drawer gets out a pair of pj pants then looks at William. "Would you like something clean to sleep in?"

William gets up off the bed. "I'll go get fresh boxers. These don't hide much, what with the sweat." He pads out of the room and comes back in a moment, wearing fresh black boxers.

By then Angel is changed and sitting on the bed the covers pulled back.

William climbs back on the bed and settles in where he had before. "I don't usually sleep *in* anything. I'm being good."

Angel laughs and lays on his side. "Little secret, neither do I. So that’s two of us, and I figure, middle of the night, heat’s going to wake me and it's going to be clothes or shower. So yay to huge water bill."

"Mmmm. Shower." William's voice caresses the word as if it contains a hundred naughty thoughts. "I can help with the bill." He smiles. "I made a not inconsiderable fortune early on taking out powerful criminals, and it's only grown since then."

Angel laughs and pats his chest for William to move back. "I'm not poor, William. I choose to let Cordelia believe it--that it's a lot easier. Now come on back against me."

William wriggles back until he is firmly up against Angel. He breathes in Angel's scent. "You smell good...like cinnamon and musk."

Angel hums and puts his head in William’s locks and smells. "Jasmine...god that’s like one of my favorite smells and you smell just like it." He snuffles into his hair more, humming and purring in pleasure.

William starts purring back. He likes this, this closeness. It's not the same with humans. They're almost sense-blind in comparison, and miss all the subtle things another vampire easily perceives. Like the delightful texture of skin. It's so different, really, from person to person.

William would have been able to tell who Penn was by touching just as inch of skin even if all his other senses were gone. And smell. Each being had their own, but with vampires there were other smells. Family and blood and ties. Even now there was a subtle scent in the air from the mark on his neck that would tell any other vampire not only that he was claimed, but by who, if they had ever smelled Angel. Just thinking about it, the mark throbbed and he puts his hand over it, stroking it lightly.

Angel grins into William’s hair, knowing what he is doing. "Stop you'll agitate it and yourself. Just sleep little one."

William lowers his hand. He's followed no one's orders for a long while but his hand is lowered before it even sinks in what he is doing. With that, he purrs louder and gives an extra-wicked wiggle and then settles in to sleep, wrapping his arm over Angel's.

Angel pulls William tighter back against him. He purrs even more with William, which he finds amusing. He's never let his purring ability out so much with anyone, but he does with William. Soon he is asleep, comfortable, and he’s even happy.

William falls comfortably off to sleep, lulled by Angel's purring.

A few hours later as predicted, despite the fans, Angel wakes covered head to toe in sweat. He groans and wishes for air conditioning for what has to be the millionth time. But it again doesn't magically appear. So he lets go of William regretfully and crawls out of the bed carefully so as not to bounce it. He peels the pjs off his sweaty body carefully, then walks into the bathroom, being quiet when he shuts the door. He starts to shower, putting it on a cool spray then hops in, moaning, nearly orgasmic as the cool water rushes over him. Thank god for the invention of plumbing, he thinks for the billionth time and sets his head against the wall.

William wakes, despite Angel's oh-so-careful attempt to avoid waking him.

He, too, is sweaty. He peels his boxers off and knocks on the door of the bathroom. "Angel, can I come in?"

Not sure exactly what he wants and not caring when he is under the joyous spray of heavenly cool water, Angel calls out, "Sure."

William walks in. "I'm hot too. Can I join you?" He notes with appreciation Angel's magnificent body and how fantastic it looks with water running down and off of it.

Angel freezes under the spray, and wants to yet again scream and run in terror, but he refuses to flinch. He remembers their promise and nods. "Sure, okay."

William comes over and peels aside the curtain, getting his first clear look at Angel's...mmmm. Wow. He pulls his glance away quickly but without a doubt Angel is enormously endowed. I mean, William himself had a large member. He had never seen a larger...until now. He steps into the tub and pulls the clear shower curtain back around, standing in front of Angel.

He turns his back to him and lets the cool water run down over his body. He sighs and moans in sheer joyous relief. A certain amount of heat felt good to a vampire but this nasty unseasonal stickiness made it downright uncomfortable. So the shower was sheer bliss.

Angel himself, who tries not to look too much, at *all*, sees along with William the full view, and seriously he needs out of this shower but fast. He lets the water that hits off William pelt on him for a few more minutes then opens the curtain, jumps out as if the hounds of hell were biting his ass, grabs a towel and flings it around his waist haphazardly.

And without a word, he hops back into the bedroom to fling himself in front of the fans directly so he does not spontaneously *explode* from the thoughts he is currently having.

When Angel runs out quickly, William can guess why. He releases his own hard-fought control, which had been aided by the cold water, and lets his cock rise. He takes it in hand and begins to stroke, thinking about the sight he has just seen. He relaxes, moaning without thinking about it, stroking, stroking, picturing Angel again naked under the rush of water.

Angel moans and groans and sticks his head between his legs begging for William to have the quickest hand job in history. Because he deftly ignores the shit out of his own. It *does* not exist, it is not *there*.

Oh god he wants William so bad.

William keeps stroking and moaning, head thrown back, picturing Angel bending him forward and entering him with a soap-slicked cock, impaling him with that massive cock. He cums, finally, screaming out, "ANGEL!" before he realizes what he has done.

Angel, to his own horror and inability to stop it, cums as soon as William screams his name. Without a touch or any contact from his own hands. He covers his face and just rocks back and forth and begs for the earth to open wide and swallow him.

William finally finishes, turning off the shower. He comes out. "I'm sorry," he says. "I ruined your shower, didn't I?" He pretends not to notice that Angel has cum in here, but smiles inwardly at the knowledge.

Angel shakes his head, the sweat already all over him. "No, no, there’s just no escape from it . I can't escape...I'll have to deal with it." And no, no, Angel, that wasn't all double meaning, of course *not* you fucking idiot.

William nods. "I say we should just dispense with the clothes. They only make us sweatier and now we've both seen the other one naked anyway."

Angel shrugs, way past caring at this point. "Sure, why not, can't hurt anything." He reaches under him and rips the towel away, tossing it to the hamper. After all it served its purpose, it sucked all the mean bad cum away. *Oh, god, Angel, quit talking to yourself in your head.*

William tosses his towel in the hamper too, standing in front of one of the fans. "It gets this hot in New Orleans, too, but they expect it there and the whole city is air-conditioned within an inch of its life." He bends over a bit letting the cool air run up his back, sticking his ass out towards the fan.

Angel looks, then damn well curses his natural curiosity, along with everything else he is cursing. He puts his head further into his knees and hums an Irish drinking ditty.

William gives up after a few minutes and crawls back into the bed. He kneels and looks back at Angel. "Are you coming?"

Angel mutters, "Don't know yet, let’s give him a minute, shall we?" But he huffs and stands, shaking his muscles out, the sweat flinging off him. He runs his hand through his wet hair, turns to crawl into the bed slowly, until he hits his pillow and he sinks face first into it.

END PART 3