Title: The Weight

Author/pseudonym: Tinnean

Fandom: The Big Chill

Pairing: Meg/Chloe

Rating: NC-17

Email address: Tinneantoo@aol.com

Disclaimer: You're really going to make me admit they're still not mine? Okay, fine, be that way. They belong to Lawrence Kasdan, but they'd much rather belong to me, I'm sure!

Status: New/Complete

Date: 4/01

Series/Sequel: This is part 8 of The Connection series, and follows My Girl

Other Web Site: http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/tinsel/

Archive: If I sent it to you, feel free. Otherwise, just let me know. I like to go visit.

Summary: At Alec's funeral, Meg makes a startling discovery.

Warnings: f/f, m/f/f, spoilers for the movie

Notes: The m/f/f is all the mind of the observer. This is for Silk, and the elevator that wanted to do the Macarena. Hell, *no* you didn't want to wait! And for Gail, for all the formatting. Without her the phrase, "What the heck did she mean by *that*?" would have new meaning. Many thanks, dear friends.


Connection 8: The Weight
by Tinnean



Meg, dressed in her black power suit, stood next to Sarah, a canape in one hand and a palm full of cookies in the other. She had a serious case of the munchies.

Sarah was drinking rather steadily.

A burst of laughter came from the other room, and both old friends turned toward it. Chloe, Alec's girlfriend of four months, was with a trio of young people. As they watched, she laughed again, and brought her hand to her mouth as if to stifle the sound.

"Look at that!" Sarah sneered. "His funeral, and *she's* stoned!"

Meg looked uncomfortable. Truth to tell, *she* was stoned also. Nick had passed her a joint on the ride to the cemetery, warning her it was strong shit. But she puffed away, unaware, while she poured out her distress to her old college friend. "I feel awful!" she told him. "The last time I spoke to Alec, we had a fight! I told him he was wasting his life!"

"That's probably why he killed himself!" Nick was only partly joking.

The death of the man who was the thread that connected them all had come as a shock to the group of people who had been such close friends at college in Ann Arbor.

Chloe, who was now sitting next to Karen, was the one who had found her lover in the bathroom of the apartment that Sarah and Harold let them have, rent-free.

There was something about the young woman that struck a cord in Meg's lawyer heart. She accepted a drink from Harold and drifted closer, listening as Karen tried to have a conversation with the petite beauty.

"It was a real mess," Chloe was saying, "but we cleaned it up. I have the apartment until Sarah kicks me out."

"Oh, I'm sure she would never do that!" Karen reassured her hastily, heartily. Chloe just gave her a look.

Meg grinned, and Chloe saw her smile. The older woman raised her glass in a silent toast, and the little brunette nodded her head.

Karen followed Chloe's eyes, and she spotted Meg. Rising abruptly she called, "Meg!" Her relief was palpable. "This is Chloe, Alec's girlfriend. Why don't you sit with her for a while? I want to make sure Sarah's all right. She really shouldn't wear grey. It makes her complexion so muddy!" She hurried away.

Meg looked back thoughtfully at the two women who embraced. She was fairly certain there was something between them.

"Do you mind if I join you?" she asked absently.

Chloe shrugged. "It's a free country." But her eyes shrewdly examined the woman who held herself so tightly contained. 'This,' she thought. 'This is what I would like for myself.'

Meg sat, gazing into space, trying to conceal the frisson of excitement that tightened her nipples. She could feel the warmth of the younger woman's skin. Through the clothes that they both wore, she would feel it, almost see the shimmering waves of it.

Chloe sat beside her, wondering what it would be like to strip the other woman naked and have her on her bed. She lost herself in a haze of fantasy, and shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"More than anything in the world, I want a baby." Meg spoke abruptly, disturbing their heated silence. She flushed. "I'm sorry; I don't know why I said that. You couldn't possibly care about my desires."

"You'd be surprised," Chloe said softly. "I think you're a little high." She laughed, a quiet exhalation of breath.

"Why would you say that?" Meg snarled. When she was uncertain, she went on the attack.

"Because I'm a little high myself. Come with me. You can't be comfortable here."

"Where are you taking me?" The older woman found herself following her deceased friend's girlfriend out of the house, down the steps where Nick sat. "Hey, Nick. How's it going?"

They were past him before he could answer. Only he had no answer. It *wasn't* going. Seeing Harold again was tearing him apart. He watched with burning eyes as the two women passed out of sight around the corner of the house.

"My apartment is just down here. Let me make you a cup of coffee."

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Can't I just be nice to you? Do I have to have an ulterior motive?" She opened the French doors that led into her living room.

"Doesn't everyone?"

"You're very astute." Chloe removed her jacket and went to boil some water for instant coffee.

"I'm a lawyer. I may never have defended protesters like Huey and Bobby, but I did my time in the public defender's office. So, what do you want from me, Chloe?" Meg sat down on the flowered
sofa.

The younger woman handed her an ashtray and set the delicate coffee cup at her elbow. "You'll laugh at me. Yes, you will," she insisted when she saw that Meg was about to protest. "But that's
okay. I want to be like you, Meg. I want to be someone people respect."

Meg opened her mouth to insist that Chloe was respected, but then closed it. All Chloe had to show for her twenty-three years was a string of failed relationships. And a body she worked exceptionally hard at keeping fit. Meg had been sneaking peeks at it ever since Chloe had taken off her shapeless blazer and tossed it aside.

"You're beautiful, Chloe."

The younger woman's mouth twisted ruefully. "Am I?" She shrugged. "It doesn't matter. We all want what we can't have."

Meg sighed in agreement, took a sip of the instant coffee and winced. "I've been dating for twenty years. It's gotten so I can tell within fifteen seconds of meeting a guy if it will work out!" She smiled sadly. "I don't even think I want anyone any more."

Chloe gave a choked gasp. "Meg!" she whispered. "Will you give me a chance?" And then she leaned over and kissed her.

Meg felt herself grow moist. A tickle started between her lush thighs, and she wanted the younger woman to touch her there. While Chloe was feasting on her lips, Meg took her hand and placed it under her skirt.

Chloe drew back and looked into the velvety brown eyes of the woman on the sofa with her, her heart stuttering. She had no trouble getting what she wanted from men. Why was she so hesitant
with this woman?

"Have you ever been with a woman before, Chloe?" Meg asked as she nibbled on the young woman's full lower lip.

Chloe shook her head.

"Will you let me show you?"

"Yes, please!" Chloe was eager to discover the difference between loving a man and loving a woman. Her partners, mostly her own age, hadn't known much about variations on the theme of
lovemaking. Even Alec, who was older than the usual men she took to her bed, had a set routine, a touch here, a kiss there and then shove it in and fuck until he came.

They had made love less and less frequently, and she was seriously considering leaving him, until, the night before he killed himself, he had been all over her, leaving her ravished and ravaged for the first time in their relationship. And she thought perhaps she's stay a little longer. But by morning he was dead.

Meg sucked in her breath, stunned that she would be the one to introduce the little brunette to a new way of loving.

And then Meg smiled. It was wicked, and alive, and magic, something none of her college friends had ever seen.

She touched Chloe's chin with the pad of her forefinger, then slid it under and raised her face. "I've never met many happy people," the younger woman remarked quietly.

"Let me make you happy, Chloe," Meg murmured, her eyes steadily on the soft mouth of the woman before her.

Meg's mouth was warm and knowledgeable. She touched it gently to the younger woman's and then withdrew, to touch it again.

Chloe's lips parted in excitement. "You're teasing me!" she exclaimed. "Oh, please, tease me more!"

The older woman slid to the floor and made a space for herself between Chloe's thighs. She pushed her calf-length skirt up and out of the way. Chloe wore no hose, and her panties were briefs made of white cotton. They reminded Meg of a little girl's panties, lacking only the lace ruffle on the tush.

The crotch was already damp, and Meg ran her forefinger over the outline of the plump, soft folds. Chloe shuddered and spread her legs wider. "More, Meg!"

Meg eased her finger under the elastic edge of the leg and touched the wiry brown curls that covered the younger woman's femininity. Chloe thrust herself forward into that tempting caress.

She moaned a protest when Meg withdrew her hand, but the other woman shushed her lovingly with her mouth, thrusting her tongue past Chloe's lips and licking at the moist heat within. Meanwhile, Meg's hands were busy stripping the brunette of her panties.

Chloe was sucking ferociously on the tongue that was fucking her mouth, and she started when she felt two fingers slide into her passage and begin a most pleasurable movement.

Meg gathered some of Chloe's moisture onto her thumb and rubbed it over the tiny nub at the top of her mound, pressing and scraping it until Chloe was whimpering with need. The breasts of both women were tantalized by the gentle abrasion of the clothing that was shielding then. Meg wanted to be naked, but she was determined to make the younger woman come first. Then she would see about removing the restrictive clothing.

With a shrill cry, Chloe threw back her head and bucked against the fingers invading her. Meg could feel the ripple of her inner muscles as she came, and she smiled in satisfaction.

Chloe's face was flushed. She felt like a well-pleasured love toy, and she opened her eyes languidly. "Thank you, Meg."

"Oh, we're not finished yet, angel eyes!"

Chloe licked her lips in anticipation. "Your turn?"

"Oh, yes. But I'm a little too old to make out on the couch."

The younger woman got to her feet and took Meg's hand. Leaving her panties lying forgotten on the floor, she led the lawyer into her bedroom.

Neither saw the man who had been watching avidly through the French doors.

Michael hunched his shoulders and stroked himself harder, using the precome to facilitate the friction he needed. One hand was braced against the doorframe, and he pictured the two women
within the apartment licking and stroking succulent female flesh.

He imagined that delectable Chloe on her hands and knees while he shoved his cock up her ass. Meg would be on her back with her thighs splayed wide and the younger woman would have her tongue on her, and then slide it into her, fucking her with it.

Michael came hard, his hand coated with his hot semen. He sagged against the door and pulled out a handkerchief to clean himself off. Sure he was once again presentable, he sauntered away to call his editor and see if he could convince him he had a story worth following this weekend. The blind baton twirler in Texas could wait a few days.

And he'd make sure that before Monday rolled around, he got laid for real.


~End~