As always, the boys and other characters herein don’t belong to me. They’re the property of Alliance/Atlantis and Tribune Entertainment. Lucky them! I just borrow them for enjoyment and return them with smiles on their faces. No money is being made off of this story, just reader satisfaction. Enjoy.
Please feel free to archive this story. Just let me know where it’s going. Thanks.



SHARAK’S DESIRE
By Minx


The mighty eagle waited patiently as the two men below him writhed in passion’s embrace. He shook out his feathers as cries of “Dar!” and “Tao!” echoed in the night air.

Soft murmurs reached the sharp ears of the eagle. If he could, Sharak would have rolled his eyes. This was getting to be too much to bear.

The men grew quiet. The eagle thought that it was about time.

***Satisfied? *** He sent to the taller of the men.

***Hmmm ummm*** was the sleepy response.

***Good, glad you are. ***

Dar was too closely held in the arms of Morpheus to fully catch the message and its underlying tone of bitterness from Sharak far above.

***Uhn? *** And then silence as the man succumbed to sleep.

The eagle was surprised that he let that last thought slip. He gave a final look to the sleeping pair and winged his way to the Aerie. The men were safe without him keeping guard. Ruh was close by and Sharak really needed some time alone. It had been just too much for the eagle to endure, the way Tao had asked Dar to love him just with his hands. The memories of the Eiron’s words ran through his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Dar?”

“Hmmm?” Dar’s voice rumbled over Tao’s chest, leaving goose bumps in its wake.

“Dar, stop for a moment.”

The blond head came up fast. “What’s wrong?” He scanned the area for trouble.

Tao laughed. His hands caressed the silky, golden hair of his lover. How ardent this man of his was in protecting him. “Dar, do something for me?”

“What?” Dar asked.

“Love me with just your hands.”

Dar sucked in his breath with those words. Nothing Tao could have asked him could make him feel as he did now.

“Just my hands?” He repeated: “Just my hands.” The last words came out as a whisper as Dar ran the pads of his fingers over Tao’s rib cage. Slowly, agonizingly slowly over the muscles that quivered in anticipation, the feather light touch grazed along the planes that made up the Eiron’s chest. Those same muscles jumped as the Beastmaster gently rolled the man’s nipples and then gave them a slight tug.

“Argh,” the smaller man groaned in pleasure. “Don’t stop. Please don’t stop.”

His partner smiled and continued with his foray. His next stop was the man’s navel. A finger caressed the rim, was moistened, and then plunged in and out in a teasing imitation of what would happen soon.

Dar didn’t let his lover’s whimpers of pleasure slow him down. Savoring them, he let his fingers roam down Tao’s lower abdomen and gently taunted the rising flesh that so proudly sprang from the man’s loins. One hand gently tugged on the dark curls that grew there. Leaving that area, the calloused hands ran over the length of thigh, down to the backs of Tao’s knees. A flicker of fingertips against those joints caused the supine man to wriggle about trying to evade the tickling sensation.

Wrapping his hands around the strong calf muscles, Dar once again was impressed with how Tao was firming up. The man could keep up with him for longer periods of time. Gently caressing the feet that so faithfully followed him, Dar slowly made his way back up the limbs of his lover. Feeling the trembles that were running through his love, Dar made quick his assent. Then the questing digits found the opening they sought and slowly plundered the moaning man until Tao demanded release. Using his other hand, Dar stroked and pulled until Tao came with a roar that woke the ferrets. With a soft chuckle, Dar lay his body over Tao’s, bringing their lips together in a kiss of love and completion.

Listening and watching the mortals below him, Sharak had found himself overwhelmed with the need to take Tao’s place in Dar’s arms. ‘What is happening to me?’ the eagle wondered.

Sharak was unsure of this feeling for Dar, as he was so positive that the Sorceress held his heart. Well, maybe she did, but his body craved Dar’s. ‘Gods, what a muddle,’ he thought. This was something the immortal eagle had never experienced. Desire that overrode all other thoughts, and these feelings were for a man. Sharak flew through the night, intent on reaching the Aerie as quickly as possible.

The Ancient One stood watching the night sky out beyond the Edge when the landing of the eagle disturbed his solitude.

“Sharak!” The wizard exclaimed. “To what do I owe the pleasure?” The older man cocked his head as no spoken reply came forth. “What, oh that’s right, you can’t speak, can you?”

The eagle ruffled his feathers, a sure sign of impatience.

“Oh, very well.” With a wave of his hand, a bright light pulsed forth and the eagle became man.

“Speak and be quick. I haven’t all eternity, you know.” Flippancy was the older man’s way of covering the curiosity he had about this nocturnal visit.

“I want to spend one night with the Beastmaster as a man.” Straight and to the point. Sharak wasn’t taking any chances that the Ancient One would change him back into the eagle before he granted this request.

“Oh, really? Just what brought this on?” The Ancient One pondered for a moment. “I thought that your love was for the Sorceress, not for a man that talks with the beasts of my world.” The Ancient One’s eyebrow rose. “You included.”

Sharak paced in front of his old mentor. “I know. I just have this feeling, this, this need to be with the Beastmaster - to hold his body close to mine.” Sharak ran his hands through his hair, ruffling the feathers that adorned his temples. “I don’t understand this urge, this deep and unsatisfied want.”

The Ancient One rubbed his bearded chin with his fingers. Walking in a circle around the man, the wizard queried. “Let me understand this, Sharak. You, a man/eagle, want to spend one night with my Beastmaster, as a human?”

Sharak stifled a smart retort. “Yes, one night. That’s all I ask.” He knew deep down that one night was all the Ancient One would ever agree to.

The old sorcerer let Sharak wait for his answer. It wasn’t often that he could twist his old apprentice’s tail, so to speak.

Sharak chafed with impatience. He wanted to pressure the Ancient One for his answer, but memories of past experiences made him hold his tongue.

Finally the Ancient One looked to Sharak. “One night, that’s all I’ll grant. Have the Beastmaster meet you in the mountains. Once you have him there, you will regain your human form. As the sun rises, you will become the eagle once more.”

Stunned silence met the old man’s announcement.

“Well, have you nothing to say?” he questioned.

Sharak shook himself out of the daze that held him silent. “Thank you.”

The older man waved his hand and the man became bird once more.

As the eagle flew away, the old wizard pondered aloud, “I wonder what the Eiron will make of this?” A cackle of laughter followed the eagle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Dar. ***

The Beastmaster looked up to the eagle that called to him. ***Sharak. ***

***You are needed at the rise of the mountains. Follow me, and be quick, *** the eagle instructed.

“Tao, we’re going to the mountains. Sharak says we need to be quick.” Dar turned from the Eiron and started towards the purple vistas.

“Dar, what...why...” Tao rolled his eyes and started after his lover.

***Dar, leave Tao here. He cannot help. ***

**Why should I leave Tao? ***

***Just hurry! *** The bird winged away.

Dar stopped and looked back to where Tao was struggling with his packs. “Tao, wait here. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” At the puzzled look on the scholar’s face, Dar explained. “I’ll leave Kodo and Podo with you.”

Tao stammered, “But, but why those two? Where are you going? What’s happening that I should stay here? I want to help.”

Dar’s voice drifted back as he ran after the quickly fading eagle. “They’ll keep you company, to the mountains with Sharak, and I don’t know.” A slight pause, then, “Ruh should be back soon.”

Tao threw his hands in the air. “Fine. Just go. I’ll stay here. With the rats.” He scowled at the ferrets. “Don’t even think of begging. Go find your own dinner.” Tao settled his packs back in the campsite. “Just leave me here, Dar. No, I insist. You go. Don’t wait for me. Good ol’ Tao will be waiting when you get back.”

Tao plopped himself down. “Humph.” He shook his head.

Smiling as he reached into his pack, Tao pulled forth his latest find, a scroll he had discovered in a cave a few days back along with an apple he had picked up in their travels. “I might as well make good use of the time.”

He settled himself against his pack and began to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dar raced forth, following the eagle that flew just ahead. Dusk was starting to color the sky when the duo reached a small glade high in the mountains. Dar looked around, a puzzled _expression on his handsome face.

***Sharak. What’s wrong? There’s nothing here. ***

A blinding light caused Dar to cover his face with an arm. As the light dissipated, he saw a man standing before him. The Beastmaster tilted his head, taking the man’s measure. He was a tall one, long firm legs encased in low slung, tight black leather pants that revealed his form to perfection. His chest was bare, yet lightly sprinkled with black springy hairs that traveled past his navel into the tight leather. The man’s skin was somewhat darker than the Sula’s. What struck a familiar chord in Dar’s mind were the feathers that adorned the man’s temples. The knowledge hit Dar hard. This was Sharak-- the man-- in the flesh.

“What, why?” stammered Dar.

Sharak took the steps necessary to close the space between them. When he was just a gentle breath away, he spoke. “Dar.”

The voice saying his name sounded so familiar, yet so different coming from the man’s lips.

“I want to spend one night with you as a man,” Sharak breathed a sigh of relief. He’d said it. Now he waited to see just what the Beastmaster would say.

Dar was dumbfounded. “What did you say?” He asked the man who stood so close that he could smell his earthy essence.

Sharak sighed and once again stated, “I want to spend one night with you as a man. I want you to do to me, with me, the things you do with Tao.”

Dar took one step back and really looked at the person before him. He was a handsome specimen of man, his hair black as night, the dark eyes that held a touch of uncertainty, the lips that unconsciously trembled.

“Why, Sharak?” Dar asked. “I thought you loved the Sorceress?”

Things were not going the way Sharak had hoped. He shook his head and looking Dar in the eyes said, “I do love the Sorceress, but it’s you that I crave. It drives me crazy watching you and Tao loving each other. I want that for me.” He started to pace, running his hands over his forehead and temples. “I don’t understand it, but you are the only one to ease this ache, this desperate need inside me.”

Dar was stunned. What Sharak was asking of him was too much. Dar loved Tao, heart and soul. Tao was his mate, his love. To make love to another man, even for only one night, just didn’t set right with him.

Sharak looked at Dar. He could tell that he had lost. He heaved a sigh and, turning away, walked dejectedly to the glade's edge.

Dar watched Sharak leave the clearing, wondering if he had just lost a long-time friend.

He wasn’t the only one watching. The Ancient One had been observing the two men. When he saw that Sharak had not convinced the Beastmaster to lay with him, an unfamiliar urge to help overcame the old wizard. Waving his hands, both men and time froze in place. “This is something I must ponder,” the Ancient One thought out loud.

The Ancient One rubbed his bearded chin. He was the only living thing that moved or breathed. Dar, Sharak, and even Tao and the animals far below, didn’t move. Time had ceased, held in place by its master.

“Sharak wants my Beastmaster badly. My Beastmaster loves the Eiron and won’t lie with the eagle. Tao is the stumbling block here. I don’t want to completely get rid of the Eiron. He’s part of the balance.” The old man thought for a few heartbeats. “Hmmm, however, if the Beastmaster was to not know of his Eiron lover until the light of day, Sharak could have what he desires and the Beastmaster would have no guilt.” The wizard cackled. “Oh yes, that’s what I will do.”

Walking to the stilled Beastmaster, the Ancient One placed a hand over his heart. “This heart shall not hold the Eiron until I say.” Placing his hand on Dar’s head, he canted, “This mind shall not know the Eiron until I deem it so.”

Pondering the scene before him, the wizard thought for a moment. “I must make sure that these two come together.”

The wizard pointed a finger at each man. Crooking his fingers, he drew the figures closer together. Stepping forward, he spoke once more. “You two shall love only each other until I say otherwise.”

Stepping back, the wizard decided that time should only move for the men and the rest of his world could wait.

“I think I shall manipulate a few more things while I’m here.” Placing a hand on Sharak, he gave him the courage to ask Dar once more. Pleased with what he had done, the Ancient One slowly faded away. Gone, but still watching, invisible and nearby to lend a helping hand should it be needed.

Suddenly, Sharak could breathe again. Being a magical creature, he knew that something mystical had happened. He walked closer to the blond warrior in the clearing.

Dar watched as the leather-clad man approached him.

“I will ask you once more, Beastmaster. Lay with me; love me with your body.” Seeing the look that crossed the other man’s face, he asked, “Please?”

The silence that held the clearing enthralled was broken by the sound of the Beastmaster’s, “Yes.”

Stunned, Sharak stuttered, “Uh, I, I um... don’t know how, what.” Dar smiled and held out his hand. “Come here, Sharak. Let me show you.”

Sharak placed his hand in Dar’s. He let the tall man draw him into a loose embrace. Sharak could step away and be free if he wished. ‘No’, he thought to himself. This was exactly where he wanted to be. He took the last step that brought them closer together. They stood there, chest-to-chest, thigh-to-thigh, arms creating a gentle cradle that held them both.

Dar put a finger under Sharak’s chin, raising his face to receive a gentle kiss. Dar’s tongue ran along the seam of his lips, seeking knowledge of the shape and taste of the trembling man’s mouth.

Sharak’s lips parted and Dar got his first taste of the beautiful man. Dar’s tongue stroked inside the other's upper lip, the roof of his mouth, and over much of his teeth. Sharak’s tongue made a tentative quest of its own to discover the taste and texture of the Beastmaster’s mouth. “Gods above, help me,” Dar murmured against Sharak’s trembling lips. “You taste so good.”

Dar gave Sharak all the time he needed. Raising his hands to bury them in the glossy black hair, his thumbs ruffling the feathers at the temples, Dar tilted the other man’s head just a bit and deepened the kiss, his tongue imitating what he hoped would be the final act.

Sharak’s hiss of indrawn breath told Dar what he needed to know. Sharak had never done this before. The Beastmaster soothed the man with soft touches to his face and chest. His long, supple fingers grazed Sharak’s pebbled nipples. Hearing the sigh and feeling the subtle twitchings of pectoral muscles, he gave those flesh pebbles a slight twist. Sharak melted under the carnal assault. Dar smiled against the dark-haired man‘s lips. With slow, deliberate caresses and kisses, Sharak was reduced to a shuddering mass of man.

“Ready for more?” He queried.

“There’s more?” Sharak asked with surprise. His body and mind were reeling from the feelings he was experiencing.

Dar reached out to the laces that closed Sharak’s leathers. His nimble fingers made short work of them and he slowly drew the pants down the man’s legs. Taking Sharak’s hand, the Beastmaster guided the man down onto the soft grass.

“Oh, yes, there’s much more.” He fell silent and, using his tongue, the blond warrior gently laved the underside of Sharak’s engorged shaft.

If it wasn’t for Dar’s hand holding his hips down, Sharak swore he would have flown to the highest treetop. He had never felt anything so glorious as the slick sliding of Dar’s tongue, and over such a tender part of his flesh no less.

“Liked that, did you?” Dar asked.

Sharak could hear the smile in the Beastmaster’s voice.

“I think you’ll like this even more.”

Sharak started to ask what, only to have the words halt in his throat as he felt the head of his cock engulfed in Dar’s hot, loving mouth. The man/eagle fell back and let the tremors wash over his body as the talented tongue dipped into the slit of his member, stroking and then drinking up the sweet, salty tastes. Just when he thought he could stand no more, Sharak felt himself being turned over. Not understanding what Dar wanted, he glanced over his shoulder.

The Beastmaster gently placed a hand on the other man's hip.

“Relax, Sharak. I won’t hurt you.”

The voice that the man had heard in his mind so many times had never sounded like this; all warm and velvety, caressing him with its cadence.

Dar’s hands gently caressed the other man’s buttocks, working their way to the puckered center. Gently spreading the firm, tight globes, the Beastmaster wet one of his fingers in his mouth and gently teased the opening. Finding it very tight, he decided on a different course of action. Bending his head, Dar softly stroked the passage entrance with his tongue, changing light strokes to those a bit rougher, teasing and tempting the other man to loosen up. Feeling Sharak relax, the blond Sula introduced his finger ever so gently into the tight, hot hole. Sharak bucked at the intrusion. Dar soothed the man with quiet words and kisses along his lower spine. The man/eagle settled down and the gentle probing continued. Finding that firm, sleek muscle he was looking for, the blond man stroked it, drawing gasps of pleasure from his lover. During one such gasp, Dar inserted another finger, adding to Sharak’s ecstasy. The Sula upped the pace of the strokes and was pleased to feel the man work with him, pushing back when Dar pushed in and pulling forward when he pulled out. The darker man’s thrusting had become quite forceful when the Beastmaster laid a hand on his sweaty back to still him. Sharak’s head hung down and he panted from his exertions. He was so close and the look he cast over his shoulder made Dar chuckle.

“Patience,” was all he said. Dar extended a hand to Sharak and with a slight tug, pulled the man into his lap.

Sharak’s eyes widened with the new position.

Dar tugged his lover in for a long, luxurious kiss. The darker man sighed his pleasure into the Beastmaster’s mouth, and was rewarded by the kiss deepening. Sharak felt as if he was about to shatter. Breaking the kiss, he took Dar’s face in his hands.

“Please, I’m about to die here.”

The blond lover nodded and laid him back. Raining kisses on his face, Dar started working his way down the waiting man’s body. The Beastmaster’s hands found the dark nipples still very pebbled, just awaiting his mouth. He suckled one and Sharak’s body heaved. Laying a hand on his lover's hips, the Sula moved his attention to the other one. Sharak moaned in pleasure. Dar’s hands and mouth moved along the other's ribs and stopped at his navel. The swarthier man never knew that that part of his body could be so sensitive. The Beastmaster nipped its outer rim and then his tongue plunged in and out of the indentation, the feeling almost driving Sharak insane.

Dar’s hand found the other man’s sac and gently manipulated it. Sharak threw his head back and the cords stood out in his neck. When he felt Dar’s mouth on his erection, he let out a strangled howl of pleasure. The Beastmaster just smiled and continued laving his lover’s cock. Sharak could feel an intense pleasure begin to build in the base of his spine and groin. Grabbing handfuls of his lover’s hair, he thrust his hips up and held Dar on his now pulsing man staff. With eyes shut, he felt his juices rise and explode into the Beastmaster’s hot mouth. Dar took in every drop and savored it. Gently lapping up any errant globule, he made his way back up Sharak’s body.

Kissing the Sula, Sharak tasted himself on Dar’s tongue.

Sharak opened his eyes to see hooded hazel ones asking a silent question. The sated man knew what his lover needed to hear.

“Dar, I never knew it could be like this.” He again pressed a kiss to the lips that had pleasured him so well. “You, you haven’t had any pleasure. Teach me to pleasure you,” he requested, pushing the other man onto his back.

Dar lay there, waiting for the feel of Sharak’s hands on his body. When they finally lay against his skin, Dar quivered with delight. The hands were gentle yet firm as they moved across the Beastmaster’s chest. A finger and thumb rolled an erect nipple and the blond Sula groaned. Sharak hesitated, and then pulled away.

“Don’t stop,” Dar whispered.

Sharak felt the heady power he had over the supine warrior. Settling himself carefully over his lover’s pelvis, he continued to explore the ridges and valleys that made up the Beastmaster’s massive chest. He stroked the hardened nipples and glorified in the gasps of pleasure this movement brought forth. Sharak’s eyes grew wide as he felt Dar’s shaft harden under him. He ran his hands over the ribs and was surprised to hear choked laughter and a soft, “That tickles.” He smoothed his palms over the flat, hard stomach and stopped at the man’s navel. He noticed a gleaming droplet pooling there. Bending his head, he licked this drop of his own essence and felt the man’s hips rise under him. Feeling the hardness now throbbing steadily beneath him, Sharak said, “This loincloth has to go.”

Dar’s hands reached for the ties, but Sharak stopped him. “Let me.”

The Beastmaster’s hands fell aside and Sharak untied the hide and set it aside. He slowly dragged the undergarment off, sucking in his breath when he saw what was now exposed. Flinging the tiny piece of clothing aside, Sharak reached out with a tentative hand. The Sula held his breath, awaiting that first touch. Using his knuckles, the man/eagle gently stroked Dar’s mighty shaft. Dar groaned and his lover smiled. Using his hand, he stroked and pulled until his palm was slick with Dar’s pre-cum. Casting an uncertain glance at the warrior’s face, Sharak bent his head over the Beastmaster’s penis and flicked the large head with his tongue. The Sula sighed, and taking that as encouragement, he pushed more of Dar into his mouth. Moans issued forth from the supine man, so the darker of the two lovers continued.

Dar could feel his release building deep within the base of his belly and cock. He gently pulled on Sharak’s hair.

“Please, stop for a moment.”

Sharak reluctantly pulled from Dar’s engorged man-staff and questioned, “Why? You haven’t reached your pleasure yet.”

“Come here, and let me love you a moment.” Kisses rained over the darker man’s face and neck.

Sharak could feel the heat that emanated from his lover. Looking down at their bodies that were so close, Sharak found their contrasts to be things of beauty. He appeared so dark against Dar’s lighter, golden skin.

Looking deep into the dark brown eyes, the Beastmaster smiled. Leaving his lover’s chest, Dar slid his hands down Sharak’s back and maneuvered him onto his stomach. Settling on the now-exposed, tight buttocks, Dar started kissing and nibbling all down the back of the prostrate man. Reaching the taut globes, the blond warrior rubbed and squeezed the luscious buttocks, luxuriating in the way they filled his hands. Deciding to leave that delicious area for a bit, the Beastmaster’s hands traveled along the backs of his lover’s thighs. At the crease of a knee, Dar placed little kisses and tongue strokes. Sharak felt like he was becoming a puddle, melting away under the talented hands of his beloved.

Dar slowly made his way up the other leg, kissing, nipping and licking as he went. When he made his way back to the taut buttocks that awaited him, the Beastmaster had grown very excited. The man beneath him tasted so good, was so responsive to his lovemaking that Dar just wanted to bury himself in Sharak and feel himself explode. Knowing that it would be Sharak’s first time, he wanted it to be as good for his lover as possible. He moistened his finger and teased the puckered rose that seemed to call to him. He could feel the man tense in anticipation.

“Ah Dar, it feels so good,” he said, panting.

As Sharak felt the finger withdraw, he pleaded, “Oh please, don’t stop.”

“Oh lover, I won’t be stopping for quite some time," Dar whispered into Sharak’s ear, sending shivers down the man’s spine.

Dar re-moistened the finger and caressed Sharak’s opening once again. When he could slip it all the way in, Dar stroked and teased until the darker man was ready to accept another finger. Sharak felt the next digit enter him and he froze. The feeling of being so full was alien and he wasn’t sure how much he liked it. It wasn’t all that unpleasant, just a foreign sensation.

The Beastmaster felt his lover’s hesitation. Gently moving his fingers, Dar slowly worked Sharak back to readiness, a longing for more.

“Easy lover, just let yourself feel me in you.” The words were softly canted over and over, and Sharak fell deeper under Dar’s seductive spell.

When Dar started spreading his fingers to widen Sharak’s love passage, the darker man almost spilled his seed right then.

“Too much,” he panted. “Don’t know how much more I can stand.”

“Can you stand this?” The Sula asked as he inserted one more finger.

Sharak felt the third digit enter him and he shouted, “Gods above!”

Dar’s soft chuckle reached the darker-skinned man and Sharak knew he would never be the same after this night of loving.

Dar could tell that his lover was ready. Taking the man/eagle’s hand, the golden-skinned Sula positioned him the way he wanted him: on the man’s knees, his weight held by his elbows on the grassy ground.

Covering Sharak’s back with his body, the Beastmaster ran his tongue along the ridge of the other man’s ear. Little love nips followed that caress and the shivers of delight ran down the man/eagle’s spine. Dar bit Sharak’s shoulder and at his hiss of surprise, the Sula promptly covered the hurt with a soft, wet kiss. Dar knew he was getting close to the point of no return. He felt a great urgency inside to take the man beneath him and he knew his lover was more than eager, surely close to bursting.

Rubbing his chest over Sharak’s back, Dar whispered, “Trust me.”

As the dark-haired head nodded in agreement, Sharak could feel the head of Dar’s thick man shaft against his opening. Cocking his head, he looked over his shoulder and met Dar’s eyes. “Yes,” was all he said.

Slowly, so as to not hurt the other man, the Beastmaster pressed into Sharak, who tensed at the intrusion. Dar leaned forward and started to kiss his lover's shoulders and neck. Whispered words fell into his ears. At first the feelings were so new, Sharak simply let them rush over his body.

Then Dar fully entered him and Sharak’s thoughts flew to the highest treetops. ’Gods, this is what I wanted: to be loved by my Dar. It feels so good; it’s almost too much. By the Gods above, it hurts!’

Dar felt his lover's newly-breached passage tighten up. The dark head reared back and it was only because of the blond warrior’s quick reflexes that he wasn’t knocked out. It felt so painful that it almost reached the outer boundaries of pleasure.

The Beastmaster knew that the man beneath him must be experiencing some pain. Using light touches and whispered, kind words, Dar tried to get his lover to relax. Otherwise, they would both end up in a world of hurt.

It took a few moments for the words to actually reach Sharak. When he could finally focus he heard, “It’s all right, Sharak. Open for me, lover. Let me take you to somewhere you’ve never been.”

Dar hoped that what he was saying would get through to the man beneath him. Sharak’s love passage was so tight, the Beastmaster was afraid he’d die from his strong, unsated desire if he couldn’t move in his lover soon.

Sharak was so focused on the words that he finally relaxed and Dar pressed his way home. The eagle/man found himself totally impaled. He felt so full and it was so good-- beyond words. Then, he lost his breath as the Sula began to move. The strokes were slow and gentle at first. As Sharak became used to the intrusion, Dar’s thrusts grew more intense, swifter and harder. The fire that started to race through his veins surprised the immortal man. He felt that he was losing all sense of time. All that mattered was that he and the Beastmaster were joined. The fullness of Dar inside him was mind-blowing. Sharak felt the other man's hand on his erection once again. As his beloved’s release started deep inside, he too came, screaming the Beastmaster’s name.

"Dar!!!"

Dar’s strength was all that stopped his lover from falling face first into the grass that covered the clearing.

Sharak felt the chuckle that ran through the Beastmaster’s body, including in the arms that held him up.

“Why are you laughing?” the man/eagle inquired.

Dar chuckled once more as he slowly left the warmth of the darker man’s body.

He winced a bit over the Beastmaster’s departure from inside him.

“I think you got a bit more than you thought you’d be getting, didn’t you?”

Sharak smiled, as he knew the other man was right. A fleeting memory raced through his mind but he couldn’t hold onto it.

“I’ve watched you and, and,” the thought couldn’t be finished, “but I never thought it would be like that.”

“Did I hurt you?” Dar was concerned that he might have taken the man a bit hard for his first time.

“Actually, I feel rather wonderful, overwhelmed, and a bit tired.” Sharak’s eyes slowly closed as he stretched out on the grass.

“I know that feeling,” the Beastmaster replied as he gathered the dark-haired man into his arms for a brief rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What?” Came the strangled cry from Sharak’s lips as he felt something lick his chest. Opening his eyes, he saw Dar’s blond head rise up from the nipple he was quickly teasing into hardness.

“Wake up, sleepy head.” Dar smiled and traced his tongue down the center of Sharak’s stomach. Plundering the surprised man’s navel, the Beastmaster made short work of that area and captured the rising erection in his mouth.

Sharak swallowed hard. “What a way to wake up.” He pushed himself up onto his elbows so he could watch as Dar devoured him. He watched the stars that shined above as Dar brought him to a volcanic-like release. As the shudders worked their way through his body, Sharak reached down to caress Dar’s own shaft.

“Hard, yet so soft,” Sharak murmured.

His strength returning, he pushed the Beastmaster over onto his back. Taking his time, the sated man ran his hands down the corded muscles in Dar’s arms.

“Strong and yet so gentle,” the man/eagle continued with his quiet praise.

Leaning over, Sharak kissed the beautiful blond warrior, tracing his lips with his tongue.

“Let me in, Dar,” he pleaded. The Sula opened his mouth and Sharak plundered the moist richness that was the Beastmaster.

“I, I...” Sharak started to stammer.

“What, Sharak?” The patient man asked.

“How, how do I...?” Dar almost chuckled at the look on the man’s face. He knew what the other was asking of him.

“One finger at a time. Wet them in your mouth first.”

Just saying the words made Dar hot all over for that first touch.

Sharak did as the other man instructed. He hesitantly touched Dar and when he jumped the immortal man drew back.

“Oh gods, please don’t stop!”

The groaned words assured Sharak that the Beastmaster wanted this as much as he did. Slowly inserting his finger, the immortal man/eagle was surprised by how the inner muscles held him. He remembered what his new lover had done to him, so he slowly moved his digit in and out. Watching the other man’s eyes close in pleasure, he grew braver and inserted another finger. Dar’s thighs spread further apart to accommodate the questing hand. The pleasure was building again in Sharak. He felt his blond lover’s muscles grow slightly tense, a sign that his release too was inevitable. Suddenly, he wanted nothing more than to be buried in this beautiful, bold man, as had been done to him.

“Dar, please, I want to be in you. Help me to please you.”

The mighty Sula waited as the man slowly dragged his fingers out. The waves of pleasure made Dar raise an eyebrow at his partner.

Positioning himself on his knees, Dar soon heard the other man move behind him.

Sharak held his own blood engorged, throbbing member as he slowly entered the hot passage. The warmth that held him so tight was a surprise to his senses. Nothing else, save for the recent penetration of him by his lover, had ever felt this good, this right. So stunned was he by this revelation, Sharak failed to move.

Dar sent a questioning glance over his shoulder.

“Sharak, are you all right?” he asked.

“By the gods above, I never knew,” Sharak sighed. “I never had....”

His words were halted by Dar’s moving of his hips. The darker man felt the he was about to come right then and there.

“Help me, Sharak,” the Beastmaster pleaded. “It’s better if we both work at this.”

Sharak slowly moved in and out of the slick, yet oh-so-tight passage that caressed him. He found the pace that best suited him, thrusting with such pleasure that Dar found it hard to stay in one place. The man/eagle held on tight to the taut buttocks that cradled him as he slammed his aching cock deep inside his lover. He could feel and hear the skin of his groin area and upper thighs slapping against Dar and the sensations were invading his very soul.

The Beastmaster knew that he’d have some serious scrapes on his knees after this lusty bout of lovemaking. But those scrapes would be well worth it. He wondered if he would be able to walk after Sharak was finished with him.

Sharak reached under the straining man and captured the erection that begged for release.

Dar felt like he was coming undone. Between the powerful thrusts in his rear passage and the hand on his cock, the pleasure was extremely intense. The Beastmaster felt his release start just as Sharak threw his head back and shouted his pleasure to the stars. An echoing cry followed from Dar, who reached his own climax. Exhaustion left the blond-haired head hanging between sweaty shoulders.

A soft chuckle reached his ears. “Got a bit more than you expected, didn’t you?”

Sharak slowly withdrew from his lover and gently pulled him into his arms. Placing soft kisses over Dar’s face, the immortal man held him until he fell asleep.

“Sleep well, for I fear you won’t be getting much rest. I think I will need you again very soon.”

It was the golden-skinned Sula’s turn to be lovingly awakened by a caress. He found himself hardening in the hot mouth that in turn sucked and nibbled.

“You’re a fast learner,” he gasped as Sharak’s nimble tongue laved the underside of his cock.

“I had a good teacher.” The words were blown across the tip of Dar‘s hard member, causing him to tremble.

“Hmmm, show me what else you’ve learned.”

No words followed, just actions that left both men sated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the two men slept deeply, the Ancient One grew visible.

“My pretties. Sleep the sleep of the beloved, for your time together is about to end. It’s sad in a way. But, my world needs to go on; it needs my Beastmaster and what little time I could give you is over.”

With a wave, time began anew, and time, being the fickle creature that it is, crept on.

“But first, I have an Eiron to deal with.”

The Ancient One dissipated. He returned to his corporeal form in the clearing below the mountains where Tao was sitting, still frozen in time.

“You, my young friend, have no need to know what has happened with your lover. The Beastmaster needs you. You are too important to the balance of my world. Sad, I know, but your heart is too tender to understand why I did what I did. *I* don’t quite understand why *I* did what I did. I am just not given to these moments of emotion.”

Shaking the long braids that adorned his temples, the Ancient One continued his one-sided conversation. “You will fall asleep and stay that way until the Beastmaster awakens next to you.”

A smile crossed the weathered face as the young raven-haired Eiron slumped over in sleep. A blanket appeared out of nowhere and covered the enchanted man.

“Sleep well, Tao.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first rays of the sun splayed its warmth over the Beastmaster’s face. Turning away from it, Dar’s nose found itself in the hollow of Sharak’s neck. Breathing deeply of the man’s scent, Dar's member hardened.

Rolling on top of the sleeping man, Dar ground his pelvis into Sharak’s. The man’s eyes flew open and a smile made the lips curve.

“Morning,” the Sula grinned down at his lover.

Sharak pushed his groin up against the man's above him. “More, now.”

The Beastmaster laughed. “Demanding, aren’t you?”
Happily giving in, he rubbed his erection hard against the matching one beneath him, drawing gasps of pleasure from his man-cushion.
Sharak surged up and in one swift motion, had his lover under him. Grinding into the supine man, he plunged his tongue in and out of the warm mouth.

Whispering to Dar he stated, “I want to be in you. I want to be in you *now*.”

Surprise was evident in the Sula’s eyes and he nodded. He was about to move when Sharak pulled him up into his lap. Using his own pre-cum, the man/eagle moistened his love partner’s rear opening. Slowly, he pulled the Beastmaster onto his erection until the blond man was fully impaled. Sharak felt Dar’s buttocks on his thighs. Gods, the feelings were indescribable!

Gasping at the fullness, Dar asked, “Where did you learn that?”

“Just...thought...of...it.” Each word was accompanied by a strong thrust.

The man/eagle knew he wasn’t going to last long. He stroked the Beastmaster’s erection and felt the shudders start.

“Dar, Dar, DAR!”

Arching his back, Sharak poured his seed into the warmth that cradled him. He felt the Sula come in his hand and his muscles gave out. He laid his head against Dar’s heaving chest.

“I, I," the immortal man started.

“I know,” the Beastmaster answered.

Sharak knew that his time with the Beastmaster was coming to an end. The sun was rising. He gathered the man closer to him.

Hugging Dar, he whispered in his ear, “Come, stand up.” He pulled the blond man to his feet. “This time with you, I will never forget.”

Sharak dug his hands in the blond hair and buried his tongue in Dar’s mouth. The lithe Sula could feel the desperation in the kiss.

“Sharak, what’s wrong?” Dar asked, not really wanting to hear the answer.

“Our time is over, Dar. It was a gift, a rare and precious gift.”

As the Beastmaster ran his hands through the feathers that graced Sharak's temples, he felt the answering caress along his face. As he gazed into the eyes of the immortal man, he felt the fingers start to become feathers, watched the eyes change into those he had looked through so many times, the tall, firm body that he had so passionately embraced turn to that of an eagle's.

With a beat of his massive wings, Sharak took to the sky. As he winged away, his voice touched the mind of the Beastmaster, ***My beloved. May the gods grant us another time together, if not in this lifetime, perhaps the next. ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dar was stunned to see Sharak turn into the eagle and fly away. He wanted to rant at the unfairness of it all.

Suddenly, he felt a presence behind him. Ready to defend himself, Dar turned and was amazed to find that he was unable to move.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk.” A wagging finger almost struck his nose. “After all that I’ve done for you and that eagle, you attack me?”

The Beastmaster found that he could talk, but his body was still paralyzed.

“You?! What are you talking about?”

The Ancient One shrugged a shoulder. “My secret, not to share.” He laughed at the expressions that crossed Dar’s face. “You, my Beastmaster, have to return to your life. There is a certain Eiron that needs looking after.”

“What are you talking about? What Eiron? What did you do to Sharak?” Dar was confused.

“Ah Beastmaster, that’s for me to know and for you to *never* find out. Now, it’s time for you to resume your proper place in my world. What has happened here will become a very faint memory, no, better yet, not a memory at all.”

The wizard clapped his hands and was now alone in the clearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Beastmaster found himself standing over a sleeping Tao. Shaking his head, Dar wondered how he had gotten there.

“The last thing I remember is running after Sharak.”

“That’s right, Beastmaster.” The voice of the Ancient One came from Dar’s left. “You will only remember what I tell you. You saved a puma cub and returned to find Tao asleep. You will sleep next to your lover and have no memories of your night away. Only those memories I give you.”

The old wizard placed a hand on the Sula warrior’s heart. “Your love for Tao will be stronger than ever.” He then placed his other hand on Dar’s head. “Your mind will not remember your time with Sharak. Neither will your body.”

Removing his long-nailed hands from Dar, the Beastmaster fell into a deep sleep while still on his feet. The Ancient One placed him beside Tao.

Feeling his lover’s warmth next to him, the Eiron pulled the man closer without waking up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dar felt the teasing nibbles on his shoulders.

“Hmm, what a way to wake up.”

The words sounded strangely familiar, yet the Beastmaster couldn’t place where and why.

“Took you long enough to get back, Dar,” Tao teased as he worked his way down his life partner’s chest. “The sun’s been up forever. I was beginning to think you were going to sleep the day away.”

Dar just stretched his body and enveloped his Eiron lover in his arms.

Kissing the smaller, dark-haired man, Dar murmured, “Hmmm, you taste good.”

“And you feel good,” Tao replied. Raising his eyes, he noticed the slight scrape along the Sula’s jaw.

“What happened to you?” He wanted to know, the healer in him rising to the fore. “Let me look at you.” Tao gasped as he noticed the scrapes on Dar’s knees. “Love, what did you do, fall down the mountain?”

Dar didn’t answer. Tao didn’t move. Time once again was played with by its master’s hand.

“Hmm, I can’t believe that I forgot about those scrapes,” the Ancient One pondered aloud. “I must be slipping. An encounter with my Beastmaster and Sharak, and I leave evidence behind.”

As the wizard paced the men’s camp he wondered how to get himself out of this mess. He remembered the Eiron’s words.

“Ah yes, a memory of a slight tumble will suffice.”

Walking over to the men, the Ancient One laid a hand on the Beastmaster’s head.

“You fell down the mountain and that is how you collected these injuries. You were in a hurry to reach your lover. At least that’s not too much of a lie.”

With a cackle, the eons-old man disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Well?” Tao asked again. “Just how did you hurt yourself?”

Dar shook his head. He experienced a fleeting memory of racing back to camp and falling, tumbling down the side of the mountain, then hitting a rock that stopped him and left him unconscious.

“I was coming back to you. I fell and hit a rock.” He stopped. “It was dark when I woke up. I got here and you were sleeping so I crawled in next to you.”

Tao’s hands found the bruises and as he rose from their bed, he said, “Lie there and I’ll get my herbs. These need to be taken care of.”

Dar relaxed and snuggled himself back into the blankets. A fleeting image from Sharak caught his attention. He saw Tao rummaging in his packs through the eagle’s eyes.

***He loves you very much, doesn’t he? *** came the words with the vision.

***Yes, he does. ***

***Then all is right in our world, wouldn’t you say? ***

The Beastmaster turned his head to see Tao returning with his herbs and salves.

***Yes, my friend, it is. ***



FIN






King Lear: "How do you see the world?"
The blinded man Gloucester: "I see it feelingly."
--William Shakespeare