Dark and Stormy Night Challenge Fic
by Jamie



Curling closer to his lover, Tao spoke over his giggles. "I know it sounds cliché," he said, gazing up at Dar, whose face was turning red with laughter, "but it really was a dark and stormy night when I-"

"Wait, wait, hold on a second," Dar interjected, trying to control himself. "What's a cliché?"

"A cliché? It's like…a statement or saying that's overused. You know, like…"

"Like `It was a dark and stormy night'?" Dar asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Well, yes," Tao admitted. "Okay, okay, so I used a cliché. I admit it, I'm sorry. But it was a dark and stormy night."

"Which dark and stormy night?"

"What?"

"Which dark and stormy night are you talking about? There's been more than one, you know." Dar felt giddy. They had been too near people to do much more than steal a couple of quick kisses for over a month, and now that they were finally alone he could barely keep from plastering his lover to the floor of the cave and taking him without another word. He knew Tao wouldn't mind, but he got the feeling that the warm figure in his arms was enjoying just being held, and he wanted to wait until they were both needy. It made their completion numerous times more incredible.

"I don't know exactly which time…there have been a lot of them. It was a while ago, anyway."

"So how do you know I'll remember what you're talking about?"

"You aren't supposed to remember it, because you didn't know what I was thinking at the time."

"Still don't, especially when you start using those cliché things," Dar teased.

"I give up!" Tao exclaimed, throwing his hands up in mock disgust. "I am utterly unable to carry this conversation any further." With that, he closed his eyes and let his head loll, his neck supported by his lover's arm. After a moment he felt a hand trace up his thigh, and before he could respond Dar's lips covered his own, softly, searchingly, but not urgently. They knew they had time, finally.

Reaching up, Tao draped one arm around his lover's shoulders and began to massage his neck in slow circles, egging him on. The lips crawled down onto his throat, leaving a wake of soft kisses, then sucked violently for an instant over his pulse, drawing a gasp that was a mixture of surprise and pleasure. Fingers worked at the ties to his pants, unknotting them swiftly before sliding down beneath the fabric to cup him. "Not fair," he whispered. "You're still-"

Dar silenced him with a finger across his lips. "No. Tonight, I just want to please you."

"Every moment with you is enough pleasure to last a lifetime," Tao replied.

"You deserve more." Seeing that he was about to object, Dar blocked his mouth once more. "I want to explore you, love. I want to discover all of your secrets, uncover you like we haven't had time for until now. I cannot imagine a greater ecstasy in this world than being allowed to trace every last line of your body." He paused. "May I?"

Eyes roaming over the hungry look on his lover's face, Tao nodded. "Of course. Anything you want. I am yours."

Smiling lasciviously, Dar let his fingers roam, stroking the warm flesh and feeling it swell and harden. He kept his gaze on Tao's face, watching the reactions his fingers wrought. When the first moan escaped the sweet mouth he longed once more to taste, he had to bite his tongue to avoid letting out an exhalation of his own. Before long his free hand slipped up, under his lover's shirt, across his firm stomach and onto his chest. His fingers brushed lightly against each nipple before tracing back down to push the interfering material away. Tao obliged, sitting up partially to allow the garment to be removed, then nearly fell back to the floor when Dar shifted suddenly, bringing their cocks together and pulling a nipple into his hot mouth.

Knowing that the movement would catch him off guard, Dar was careful to grab him with both hands. He lowered him to the ground slowly, cradling his head and neck while his tongue traveled over the smooth planes that changed with every gasp and shudder. When he felt Tao's arms close around his neck, he sucked more vigorously at the hard rise of skin in his mouth, reveling in the taste. The groans from the warm figure in his arms were an aphrodisiac, and biting down gently Dar began to move back and forth in time with his own panting.

The knowledge that it had been a month since they had been anywhere near this intimate told Dar that neither of them would be able to hold on for very long, and a flood of heat through his groin agreed with the thought. He slipped his hands underneath his lover and lifted, then slid forward and slowly pushed his engorged cock in, feeling Tao's shaft throb against his stomach. Each gasp encouraged him to press forward, and when he heard his name whispered he knew he had found the spot he was looking for.

As he began to thrust again, Dar pushed himself up with one arm so that he could move more easily. His other hand ran across the contours of his lover's body, teasing wherever he thought he could draw a reaction, up the inside of his thigh, just above his groin, across his chest. As their breathing hastened into ecstasy, he grasped the hard flesh rubbing rhythmically against his abs and pulled opposite of the movement below, squeezing and twisting his hand spasmodically. Overwhelmed with sensation, Tao opened his eyes and found those of his lover riveted on him, and as their gazes met, their passion consumed them, and both released.

Begging the air for breath, Dar pulled out and lay down carefully so that he covered his lover almost entirely. Making sure that Tao was watching his actions, he removed his hand from the hot shaft he had stroked so lovingly and proceeded to lick the salty fluid from his palm, flicking his tongue in between his fingers to ensure he didn't miss any. Hearing the heat in Tao's groan as he watched, Dar kissed him, tracing one hand down from his partner's shoulder to his hip in order to draw a shudder. Finally, exhausted, both lay silently holding each other, occasionally touching some secret spot that drew a moan from the other.

"Are you cold?" Dar asked eventually. The fire had burned down to a few glowing embers, and although to him the cave was warm he knew it might not be to Tao.

"No. Not so long as you stay where you are."

"Okay." They lay a while longer. "Tao?"

"Hmm?"

"You never finished what you were saying earlier."

"What do you mean?"

"The cliché thing. You said something about a dark and stormy night, but then I interrupted you. What were you going to say?"

"I don't remember," Tao lied, suddenly afraid to make the admission he had started earlier.

"I know better than that," Dar replied, rolling so that he lay on his side next to his partner. He threw a couple of small logs on the coals, then rested his head on one hand and dropped the other onto his lover's chest and peered down at his face. "What were you going to say? What happened on the dark and stormy night?"

"I…I realized something, that's all."'

"Well, it must have been something important, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. I know you too well to be fooled by that answer." He leaned closer so that Tao couldn't avoid looking straight into his eyes, and he brushed a kiss onto his lips before continuing. "What did you realize?"

Sighing and staring at his unavoidable lover, Tao answered. "It was a dark and stormy night when I first realized that I loved you," he whispered.

A slow smile spread across Dar's face, and he explored Tao's mouth with his tongue one more time before he said anything more. "As usual, you have shared your feelings in words, and I have never heard words of such beauty. Now, I am going to share my feelings as beautifully as I can, only I do not plan to use many words. I can only hope that my attempt at eloquence can measure up to your own." With that, Dar pressed himself against the most beautiful thing he had ever known and spent the rest of the storm showing him exactly how he felt.


end