Not So) Sweet Sixteen

by seby

(Batman/Robin slash, PG-13)

This is Bruce Wayne /Dick Grayson slash. And there is sex. Just not while Dick's 15. He gets a little action in this chapter, though.
Disclaimer: I don't own the boys. I just play with them.



^.^ Chapter 3 ^.^


Dick leaned onto the two back legs of his chair in his homeroom class, pulling a serious pout and wallowing in a large dose of self-pity.

I know Bruce has been pretty unpleasant lately, but he didn't need to completely withdraw from me just cuz me and Babs are gettin' along.

"Hey Dickie! Whatsa matter, didn't you find anyone to do your homework for you?"

"Screw you, Pete," Dick retorted to one of the closest friends he had at school. Looking up into the hurt surprise in Pete's face, he quickly apologized.

"Sorry buddy, Bruce has been a real uptight pain in the ass lately. I guess he's making me a little uptight, too."

"A little? Dude, sounds like someone needs to get laid."

"And who would that be," Dick asked with a smirk, "me or Bruce?"

"Both. Hey, wait! Tomorrow's your birthday, isn't it!! Don't tell me Mr. Fancypants forgot again?"

"Well, he's got... umm, some stuff he has to do and he's been pretty busy..." Dick thought about the break-ins and wondered why they couldn't just let the police stake out the neighborhoods. He and Batman had just been sitting at different locations at night, not even talking, for the last couple of weeks. No more break-ins had happened, but Batman wanted to catch the guys. Even though the two were linked with communication devices, no "communicating" had been taking place. In fact, Dick had recently begun begging off as Robin, claiming his schoolwork was piling up. Actually, he was tired of doing nothing and of Batman's silence. It seemed each was lost in his own world at night, and neither was sure what to do about it.

"Too busy for your birthday?"

Dick sighed. "Well, he doesn't think birthdays are a big deal, really..."

"That sucks. What about the babe?"

"Babs isn't a 'babe.' She's just a friend and she's got a life. I know she's working part of the day. And, like I said, she's got a life." Dick knew his friend was trying to help, but he was just getting more depressed.

"That really sucks, bro." Steve, another of the guys Dick could call a friend, joined in the conversation.

"Well, me and Kari have a life, and we'd love to share it with you!" Shari teased. The twin girls rounded out the gang Dick felt closest to at the school. Best thing about the five, no one "had the hots" for anyone else in the group, or at least, no one shared those feelings, if they had them.

"So you really mean tomorrow's just going to be another day for you?" Kari asked sympathetically.

"Yeah, no biggie."

"Yes it is!" Steve was aggravated enough to sit up from his bored pose, stretched across two chairs. "You need to celebrate, man! Didn't you tell us 16 was when you were considered "a man" at the circus? If the big guy can't honor your day tomorrow, then we're going to, today!"

"Whaddaya mean?"

"Oooh, that's a great idea!! There's a jewelry sale going on at the mall! And then we can catch the new Spiderman movie!" Shari and shopping were best friends. "Don't forget pizza after!" Steve added.

"Well, I still say he should get laid if he's supposed to be a man tomorrow," Pete leered.

Looking at the girls, Dick ignored the remark. "When? I'm not sure Bruce'll go for it. He's not very spontaneous..." Dick was pouting again.

"Now" Kari smirked, while Shari emphatically nodded behind her.

"Yeah, man, we're outta here!" Pete added.

"Road trip!" Steve stretched.

"You mean cut class? Skip school? Be truant?" Dick put his hands to his mouth and whispered the word in mock horror.

Pete imitated Alfred's voice, saying "Master Richard, I cannot begin to fathom what you were thinking," causing the gang to crack up.

Dick grinned. "I was thinking that Pete said I needed to get laid and I figured Bruce would think this was a better choice," he snorted, imagining Alfred's reaction. He decided he wanted spontaneous fun for his 16th birthday, before he forgot how.

The "escape" from school was easy. They headed down the hall toward their next classes and instead kept going right on out the door. Steve already had his license and car, although technically, he wasn't licensed for teenaged passengers yet.

"A minor detail," he joked. "You guys are all under age, so that makes you minors, right?" Everything was funny to the group, now, although Steve was especially proud of that joke.

They arrived at the mall just in time for the movie and then, following the pizza, had gone to the laser tag playroom. Dick felt a thrill of guilt as he fired away at his "enemies," knowing how much Bruce abhorred guns, even these "play" ones.

After a successful "war," (during which Dick noticed the other four conspiratorially whispering to one another) they headed for the jewelry store in the center of the mall. As they examined the display of diamond studs, Shari asked Dick about the tiny hole she'd often noticed in his right ear.

"Your ears are pierced, right? Why don't you ever wear any?"

"Actually, it's just my right ear. And Bruce and Alfred seem to think 'A gentleman's appearance doesn't include earrings, nor does the respectable student's dress code,'" Dick intoned the stuffy response he'd heard one time too many from his elders.

"Damn. Even the school dress code is more laid back than those dudes," Pete complained.

Well, I don't know what he's talking about," Kari added. "I think you'd be even sexier with an earring. Why'd he let you get it pierced if you can't wear anything?"

"Actually, he didn't let me. My parents did."

"Oh. They must have been cool."

"Yeah."

"When did you get it done?" Kari asked.

"Well, it's kinda a tradition in the circus. You get your ear pierced after your first successful performance," Dick smiled. "I just did a really simple aerial pass. My mom had me by the arms and was supposed to just sorta toss me for my dad to catch me by my legs but when she let go, I was so excited I just kinda flipped and he caught me by my arms instead." He was laughing with the memory now. "It was so cool! The whole audience gasped at the same time and it was the greatest sound I'd ever heard! My dad was hanging on to me so tight and I was telling him to toss me again. It was on my fourth birthday and my mom said I was just like a baby Robin leaving the nest." Dick's smile was sadder, now.

The group knew how his parents had died. And that Dick had watched them. Kari pretended to be interested in a particular set of studs while she waited for her tears to stop. But Shari knew exactly what to do. "Well, that settles it. We all thought about buying you some earrings for your birthday tomorrow and now you can't stop us!" She hugged him impetuously. "Hmmm. That light blue-green one is nice, and it's your birthstone...."

"How about that diamond one," Steve said, pointing at a .25 carat stud. He looked at Dick. "And you can't say no."

Dick looked at the eager faces of his friends and knew he didn't want to say no. "I'd love it. But it might be too expensive..."

Shari cut him off. "Look at the sign! Seventy-five percent off. That's practically free. We're getting that one," she told the clerk. "And don't wrap it, he's going to wear it."

The clerk smiled. "That's an excellent choice. Happy birthday, Robin."

Dick gasped. "Wha... What did you call me?"

"I heard your story. You must have been called that before, if that's what your mom said about you, and with your birthday on the first day of spring..."

Dick relaxed. Just a little. "Yeah, sometimes they called me Robbie."

"That's great, Robbie! Can I put your present in?" Kari asked.

"Um, OK."

Kari took the stud from the clerk and popped off the back. Reaching up, she slowly pushed the post into his ear gently, as the hole had begun to close from lack of use. Bringing her face closer to see behind his ear, Dick could feel her warm breath on his neck. She gently snapped the back on, letting her fingers linger in his hair and on his neck. Dick noticed she was breathing harder.

"No fair! I get to give him the first birthday kiss then," Shari pouted. She snaked her hands up to his cheeks, turning his head toward her. Stretching up on her toes, she brought her lips to his, pressing them gently, but firmly against his warmth. She leaned her body in closer, pressing her breasts against his solid chest and sliding her hands past his ears and into his hair. Dick felt her pulling away and realized he had closed his eyes. Opening them, he saw a confused look on Shari's face as she was being pulled back, by Steve.

"My turn," he smirked. He roughly grabbed Dick, planting his hands firmly on the sides of his head, cradling his ears between his thumbs and letting his fingers tangle in Dick's thick, dark hair. Smiling devilishly, he planted his lips firmly against Dick's, lingering a moment longer than Dick anticipated. This is really turning me on! Dick thought, enjoying it more than he expected.

Steve released his lips with a smacking sound and at the same time let go of Dick's head with a flourish. He grinned triumphantly.

Not to be outdone, Pete stepped up as Dick caught his breath. "What, you too?" he said nervously. Only Pete's closest friends, including this group, knew he was gay.

"Oh, you just wait," Pete smirked. He slid up to Dick and brought his hand behind Dick's neck, pulling him closer. Just a little taller than Dick, he wrapped his other arm around Dick's waist and brought their bodies together, bringing his lips down to meet Dick's flushed mouth. Pressing lightly, he sensuously licked Dick's lips and caressed with his tongue, seeking entrance. Surprised, but curious, Dick let him. All the blood rushed to his groin as Pete ran his tongue along Dick's teeth. Dick pulled back, gasping for breath.

"What the hell was that?" he gasped, embarrassed.

"Aw, don't get mad Robbie," Pete's eyes twinkled, knowing full well that wasn't the emotion going through Dick. Dick shifted, trying to conceal his growing erection, but thoroughly enjoying himself. He turned to Kari.

"Well, you started this. I suppose... umph!" He was cut off as Kari slammed into his body, hugging him tightly before she enveloped his mouth with hers. Her kiss was blatantly sexual, pressing her tongue in immediately and running her hands up and down his back before sliding them over the cheeks of his ass.

"Hey!" Dick was beginning to feel uncomfortable, remembering he was in the middle of a crowded mall.

"Sorry!" Kari said breathlessly, "It's just that you've got the best ass in school."

Dick flushed. "No I don't."

"Yes you do!" they all replied.

The jewelry clerk added "Yes, you do have a very fine ass, but you need to break it up or start charging admission. You're getting everyone hot and bothered here. Me included!" She winked at Dick.

"Umm, thanks for the earring, you guys." Dick was wondering how to get rid of his arousal before anyone noticed it.

"No problem, man." Pete was shifting uncomfortably in his jeans, causing Dick to notice he, too, had a telltale bulge at his crotch.

"Um, how about we cool off with an ice cream cake?" Shari suggested, nodding her head toward the ice cream shop down toward the food court.

"Yeah, a birthday ice cream cake!" Steve added.

"Okay, but I'd better give Babs a call so she won't be waiting for me at school," Dick said, glancing at his watch. "Guess I'll have to bum a ride from one of you guys." The girls usually rode home with their older brother and Pete lived within walking distance. "Just make sure you get a chocolate cake!"



To be continued...