I Heard Bells

by lurker521

Purplemites@aol.COM

Fandom: Batman

Pairing: Bruce/Terry

Warnings: Not a one. Shocked?

Summary: Terry thinks.

Note: There was a challenge a few weeks back, can't remember from who (whom?) and I wrote a little thingy for it and have finally decided to post it. Ain't totally happy with it, but can't pin down why. Maybe it needs a re-rewrite (going on 2, here).
#72- I Heard Bells

 

I Heard Bells

by Lurker 521

 

Terry seated on his bed, backpack tossed at the foot of his bed, the batsuit spilling out. Staring at the small box in his hand as he thinks, hard, about what Bruce proposed, or rather, Bruce proposing earlier.

#

Terry tossed his backpack at the foot of his bed and plopped down next to it. Staring at it wasn't helping at all. Pulling the bag closer, he flipped the top back and reached in for the thing Bruce had given him. He pulled the 'suit out as well, flipping the cowl over the bag. Staring at *that* wasn't helping, either. Turning his gaze to the small box in his hands, and Terry felt stunned all over again. He and Bruce had talked about him being Batman, if he wanted to continue the fight without Bruce. Because, as Bruce pointed out in the way only Bruce could, the older man was going to die someday. Later than he, Bruce, had expected thanks to Ra's al Ghul, but die he would. And long before Terry did. Terry could see the Bat in Bruce's eyes as he said that he would not bury another partner.

But Terry had not in his wildest dreams expected the plan Bruce proposed, or rather Bruce proposing. To him. That he marry the older man. Bruce had argued that the laws would better favor him if they married, that a spouse's rights were harder to contest than Will-gifted rights. The Manor would go to Terry, as primary places of residences typically went to a spouse these days, keeping the Cave and Batman safe.

There would be a downsides of the marriage, too. Same-sex relationships didn't have the stigma attached to them now that they did in the late 20th century, but the media would have a field day with the differences in their ages, and social backgrounds. Not that there weren't comments now. Some of the stuff on the gossipnet about what he *really* did for his employer were... wrong. In all meanings of the word. He didn't know you could even *do* some of that stuff.

But he could deal with that. And with anyone else who objected, anybody from Bruce's past. For both Bruce's sake and Batman's, he'd deal.

All right. Decision made. Time to tell Bruce.

In the morning.


END??