Finding Out 1: Alfred

By Mariana

Ladymariann1@hotmail.com

Rating: PG, for now. Only implied slash here.

Characters: Alfred, Bruce and Dick.

Disclaimer: In case you don't know, DC owns them all. Universe: Current issues of the Batman comics.

Notes: This is the first story I post here and only my second Batman story, since I mainly write Star Wars: TPM slash. Anyway, I was wondering how it would be like for the Bat family members to find out about a Bruce/Dick relationship, and this is what came to me.

I have at least two other parts planned and if all goes well, I'll post them here as well.

 

Finding Out 1: Alfred

By Mariana

Master Timothy and myself return quite late from Brentwood Academy. I escort him to his home, where he will spend the weekend, then, finally, I make my way to the place I consider my own home, Wayne Manor. I have not been in the old house since Master Bruce decided that it was best for me to aid Master Timothy in his academic and nightly activities. I did not have time to call ahead and inform Master Bruce of my arrival, but it does not matter, I am fairly certain that I would not have found him home anyway. He is always extremely busy at night.

As much as I have missed being home, I dread coming back and see what Master Bruce has done to the place in my absence, for, as many skills as he possess, none of them are remotely related to the care of a house.

I go straight to my rooms and take a moment to look around. It is good to be home. After I quickly, but carefully, unpack my bags and change my clothes, I direct myself to the kitchen.

Before opening the door I briefly close my eyes and prepare for what I may find inside. The smell is what first surprises me, the rich aroma of pasta covered in my special sauce. I see the remains of it on a pot still on the stove but the dishes and glasses are washed and the rest of the kitchen is spotless as well.

This means only one thing: Master Dick has been here. He is the only person I have ever shared my secret recipe with and I know Master Bruce has never used the dishwasher, he probably doesn't even knows how to turn in on.

I am glad to know he has been here, I was worried about leaving Master Bruce completely alone. I am also glad to see that those two are getting along again, I do not like to see them fight and, lately, they seem to be fighting a lot. I do not know the reason for this, but I certainly hope they have worked out whatever was causing problems between them.

I exit the kitchen and head for the library, where the entrance to the cave beneath the Manor is. Perhaps they have gone on patrol together, like they used to do not so very long ago. But when I reach the cave I see that the Batmobile and Nightwing's motorcycle are parked next to each other and the screens of the computers are dark. So,no crimefighting tonight. I hope they have decided to take a very needed night off. Master Bruce never has the time to truly relax and Master Dick is busier than ever with his new law enforcement career and his nightly activities as Nightwing.

I go upstairs to see if they are indeed home. As I reach the staircase, I immediately see something that does not belong there. Certainly, one of Master Bruce's silk shirts should not be hanging from the railing! I guess it was too much to expect for the Bat to have learned some domestic abilities from Master Dick.

Oh, well. I pick up the shirt and move up; a belt is the next thing I find lying on one step. As I bend to retrieve it, I see a shoe several steps up, its companion not far away. Now, this is really too much. I know Master Bruce returns exhausted after battling the criminals in Gotham City, but still, he should know better. He may be the Master of this house but I certainly have earned the right to demand respect for my efforts to keep it clean and organized.

I carry everything with me and, at the top of the stairs, I find a pair of pants... and a black T-shirt that can only belong to Master Dick, since I know perfectly well that Master Bruce does not possess anything like it. Strange. It seems they were on a hurry to get their clothes off. This time, I leave everything on the floor and continue walking down the hall, following a trail of discarded clothing. Another belt, 2 black boots and a pair of jeans, all of them belonging to Master Dick and all of them leading me straight to Master Bruce's bedroom

I stand right in front of the door, staring at it for a few heartbeats. I walk slowly towards Master Dick's old bedroom and open the door. The room is empty, of course, the bed perfectly made. I was not really expecting to find him there, just wanted to confirm my suspicions. I do not need a detective's skills to know what something like this means, and, to be completely honest, I should have known immediately what had happened, but I was not expecting this. How could I have imagined...I wonder if * they * ever imagined. Maybe all the fights and all that tension between them were the result of their mutual refusal to acknowledge their true feelings for each other.

Should I knock on the door and face them? But what would I tell them now? No, it would be too awkward, this is to new to me, and I think, to them as well. First they must face each other, and take the time to enjoy what they have found together.

I turn around and make my way towards my rooms. As I come down the steps, I leave every piece of clothing right where I found it. They must not know I have found out about them, I think it would be best for them to have the space necessary they will no doubt need in order to make their relationship work. I am sure they will tell me when they are ready.

For now, I will rest, satisfied in knowing that the two persons I love the most are safe for the night and hope they have found peace.

end part