Electroshock

By JC

Rating: R

Fandom: Superman/Batman crossover

Pairings: Superman/Batman

Series:

Feedback addy: jazzedup@prodigy.net

Author's Website: http://internetdump.com/users/jayci

Disclaimers: All characters used in this story belong to someone else... but they still insist on hanging around me. And they're superheroes, after all, so nothing I'm doing seems to have any permanent effects on them.

Notes: This story has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Not part of any series or related to any other story that I've written. It's a gift for a friend that asked for Superheroes, lightning, mud, and either a kiss or sex. And since even the *promise* of artwork is a true motivator, this is what I came up with. Feedback as always is welcome.

Summary: Superman, Batman, lightning, mud, and a kiss.

Warnings: none

 

Electroshock
By JC

They stood side by side, but not touching. Both pairs of eyes drawn to a rippling, glowing circle, that was slowly diminishing in the sky above. There was the low rumble and sharp crackle of thunder as lightning flashed repeatedly, even after the circle had shrunken to a dot, and then totally disappeared. The enemy had escaped, thwarted, but not beaten, lost behind the closed gap between time or dimensions or maybe just the sheer force of evil intentions.

Their expressions were grim; faces hardened by too much time spent in the presence of man and other creatures bent on doing harm. Time spent dealing with those that dwelt on the other side, where dedication and determination and purpose were used for the exact opposite of that for which they had pledged their own lives.

The two men stood, bathed in the unnatural light of the aftermath of battle, everything about them motionless, except for the two capes that were billowing behind them, swept up in the strengthening winds.

All of a sudden, it was quiet. Eerily silent and dangerously dark. The air heavy with the energy they had expelled in fighting, and heavier still with the promise of an impending storm.

They each exhaled. Long and slow, unconsciously in unison.

It was Superman who spoke first.

"He's gone."

"Yeah, but he'll be back."

Superman had known that, but hadn't wanted to say it out loud. He felt it was his alone to shoulder. To fight those not of Earth that came penetrating the atmosphere with their alien brand of calamity. Returning the favor of having himself fallen from another galaxy, thankfully into kind hands where he was cared for, even after it was known that he was of a different world.

Another series of deep grumbles from the sky and he felt the other man move away. Following with his gaze, he saw the retreating form picking its way through the debris of battle, heading towards the black shape of the Batmobile. Ravaged, the landscape looked more like the terrain of another planet than a deserted rural area that he knew had been too close to Gotham for Batman to ignore.

"Thanks... for the help."

Batman turned his head, giving only a terse nod over his shoulder, before facing away again, and just then, the sky flickered ominously, accompanied by an almost painfully loud snap.

It was a testament to super reflexes and super strength, that the next moment, before the subsequent boom had totally sounded, and the streak that was a deadly finger stretching from sky to earth could make it to its destination, Superman had tackled Batman from behind. Knocking him to the ground, absorbing the blow as they were struck by lightning.

The pressure of it hit, and the electrifying energy of it zapped them, jerking even Superman with its power, his body twitching over the hard body beneath him.

And later, that's what they blamed it on.

That tingling that Batman could feel in his toes, his fingertips, that heat that unexpectedly sizzled in his ass and groin. Just spikes from lightning that seemed to have passed through the indestructibility that was Superman -- residual effects, shocking his system.

Shock and electricity and energy coursing through them both. So that when Superman rolled off, lying in the dirt, trembling almost imperceptibly, it never crossed their minds to get up and take cover. It seemed natural that a side effect of that *un*natural, almost magical force left over from a villain's escape, was for arms to reach out. For faces to move closer so that lips could touch.

Totally natural for Superman and Batman to be kissing, lying on a piece of abandoned earth, in the middle of the night. Seemed natural for lightning to flash and thunder to roll in accompaniment. Seemed natural for the skies to open up, and rain to issue forth so that the Earth could reclaim her atmosphere, and cleanse away the evil that had dared to breach her defenses. Seemed natural for them to claim each other under the wonderfully warm and wet kisses of raindrops.

It had to be because of the lightning strike that there seemed to be sparks when their tongues met for the first time. Had to be the rain that made it seem like liquid fire inside their mouths. Had to be the aftershocks that caused their arms to tighten around one another, and their hips to thrust forward placing unbelievably pleasant pressure on the twin ridges of hardened flesh trapped between them.

That's what they told themselves as they rolled around, never breaking contact, capes dragging through the mud that the rain had caused. Mindless of the continuing intermittent flashes, and the claps of thunder, and the downpour, they kissed. They didn't waste energy on touching what was hidden beneath costumes, but poured everything into the melding connection of lips and tongues and, occasionally, teeth. Like breathing life into one another, while letting go of what Life entailed for them, for one breathtaking, totally liberating moment. Caught up in the aftermath of diverting disaster, pinned in place by the finger of fate, generating heat that built up from the inside, only to be tempered on the outside by the rain, and the slippery coolness of their muddy mattress of earth.

One on top, pounding and pumping, then the other on top doing the same, not even super strength enough to get a grip on the ground beneath.

And the storm raged on.

Until the moment of release was at hand.

As shocking as everything that night had been, nothing had prepared themfor the act of climax. Not any experience, sexual, emotional, or even purely physical had been a forebear to that instant of coming, and coming, and coming even harder.

Batman thought he might die, if not from the agonizing sweetness of satisfaction as he spilled over inside the Batsuit, surely from his spine being snapped from the tight embrace that he found himself in.

For Superman, it wasn't so much dying, as *living* in a span of time and space where every part of him was alive. His cock, a living being, the seed he shot forth, millions of distinct supermen in their own right. He felt the strength of living up to his name in a way that decades of simply existing beneath a yellow sun had never been able to give him.

And then it was over.

Only gasping breaths, and distant rumbles, and a fine mist remained.

After a few moments, when heartbeats had steadied, and even the mist had dissipated, and the sky was once again quiet, two muddied, sated figures rose on sore, overworked muscles to stand under the incredibly dark sky. They looked at each other, but neither spoke a word.

Superman reached out, then seemed to think better of it, and didn't complete the touch. Instead, he took a step back, spun around, and flew away.

Standing in the darkness, breathing in the strangely intoxicating scent of wetness from sky and earth and man, a lone figure stared up into space. He was sure he could still hear the whistle of displaced air, and see the streak of fading color from where Superman had disappeared, and he felt a strange ache at the knowledge that the other man was gone.

As he turned to once again make his way across to the Batmobile, a thought flashed in his mind, his own words echoing from a short while before.

'He'll be back.'

And the certainty of it kept him company all the way home.

*THE END*