Title: Black

Author: Prodigette

Rating: R

Fandom: Batman Beyond

Pairing: Terry/Bruce ("Berry")

Type: Angst

Archive?: Sure! Just let me know where

Disclaimer: DC and WB owns 'em

Thanks: Soul, L&L,Sorka, DragonLady

Summary: He can't take it any more.


Black
by Prodigette


The room was now darker, and the mood change from passionate to empty. The sounds that came with that passion were now gone.

Looking around the den, Terry's face was blank. It all happened so fast and without warning. But he didn't want to turn around and look into the older man's eyes. He couldn't. Terry now felt cold. Pulling his pants up, he could see the older man from the corner of his right eye.

Bruce was sitting in the armchair of the den, looking at a coffee table. He was still out of breath, even though he tried to hide that. Terry didn't even bother to look at his eyes. Once again, he just couldn't do it. Terry wanted to smash the coffee table into pieces and burn it.

They've had sex on that coffee table many times before, among other things. It was the same routine, over and over again. Terry was more than tired of this. Terry and Bruce would have sex, then Bruce would barely say one word to him.

Terry was tired of feeling used.

He was tired of being used, and had enough of this back a few years ago. Terry didn't need it from Bruce. Looking down, Terry noticed a black button on the floor. He decided to put it in his pocket. But, he didn't know exactly why he wanted to keep it.

Avoiding looking at Bruce, he turned to look at a tall shelf with multiple books on it. This room was actually a third library in the mansion. Every book in the house was in perfect alphabetical order, to the point where it was scary.

Terry snorted with a rueful expression on his face. He wanted to leave. Why couldn't he just run? But instead, he was still here in this room. Terry didn't turn away from the books. Terry's heart sank at the silence. The only sound of heavy breathing, still left over from quick rough sex from a few minutes ago.

Terry was now fully clothed, but it still felt very cold to him.

They were having an argument, as usual. Then came the hard kisses and the re-arranging of clothes. Having Terry bent over and wailing didn't even seem to satisfy Bruce any more. He would just continue to pretend as if it didn't happen.

Glancing at Bruce, Terry could see the older man looking out of the one window in the room. The sky was getting darker. Almost black with nothing there. No moon, stars or clouds. Terry looked out of the same window.

Now, Terry just felt empty. They've been in situations like this before. But now, it felt different. Something had changed. Terry just wasn't exactly sure what it was, though.

Terry's eyes were stinging. Not with only sadness and regret, but with shame. Terry, always the tough guy, refused to cry. The air was thick with tension. The room now felt colder due to the growing night. Turning around to look at the older man, touched his bruised and swollen lips.

It was time now.

He was going to still be Batman. But even in doing so, Terry wanted nothing to do with Bruce. Not physically, not emotionally. Hardly verbally. If it wasn't something about Batman, Terry wouldn't want anything to do with it.

Being Bruce's sex toy was over. Being Batman, was not. It was time to leave now. Without another word, Terry picked up his brown jacket and walked towards the door. He looked back, but still turned to walk away. With the same rueful smile, Terry slammed the door.

It was done.

Still looking ahead to the window, Bruce blinked. His chest felt tight. His clothes were wrinkled, his pants zipper was undone, and his black blazer was missing a button. Hearing the door slam, Bruce closed his eyes tightly and bowed his head..

The only chance he had for happiness, a resemblance to a real relationship, walked out of the door.

"What have I done?" He said to no one in particular. Even though Terry would still be around, Bruce Wayne was once again, alone. All he had now was this large house, a dog, and the empty black sky outside.

Nothing else was familiar to him.


END