Trust 4: Futile

By Katarin

katarin_moonstar@yahoo.com

Fandom: Batman

Pairing: Batman/Robin

Note: This turned out unbelievably upbeat and I have only Analissa to blame. She told me she liked fluffy fic and I immediately start writing it. Oh well, with the exception of our dear Peja, we seem to be writing to each other so it might as well be what the other wants.


This is a response to the new 5 minute challenge. It's actually part four in Analissa and my companion-drabble-a-thon. We should name this Analissa, we could have Peja archive it! =)

No canon notes (gasp) but keep in mind that this is after Azbats and No Man's Land

 

Trust 4: Futile

By Katarin


It was a futile and desperate plan of action for the two of them to make. Dick is always lecturing me on being easier on myself and Bruce telling me to trust my instincts. What about them? Did these pearls of wisdom apply only to me? I didn't have to be the Teen Wonder to see that they were still hot for each other. They try to act as if they were never together to begin with but as Alfred keeps saying, they really are foolish people. I deduced who they were by seeing Dick perform one quadruple somersault, did they really think I'd miss this? I earned my place at Batman's side by being a natural detective. I mean I was practically Batman and Robin's stalker for most of my young life. I noticed when all of a sudden the chest deep, syrup, thick sexual tension between the two of them, evaporated. I saw this from a newspaper clipping. They aren't hiding anything. So Alfred and I decided to take care of these foolish men and show them how futile their pretense is. That and I really miss being able to do my workout in peace.


The unsettling click of the cuffs rang out in the empty room. It was a sensory deprivation chamber, Bruce used it to train his tolerance to torture techniques. Suddenly one of the figures I'm cuffing to the steel piping that runs vertically up the wall begins to stir.

"Tim," Dick's voice calls out groggily, "what the hell did you do to me?"

I ignore him and step away when my work is finished.

"What the..." Dick trails off as he notices his cuffed hand for the first time. He follows the cuffs to see what's at the other end. His whole body freezes when he realizes it's Bruce. "Tim, I don't know what your playing at but you'd better let us out, before Bruce comes to," Dick threatens.

"When and if Bruce 'cums too' will depend entirely on the two of you and whether you can stop this futile power struggle," I reply.

I hear Bruce begin to wake up and take a few more steps back.

Bruce doesn't even blink at the cuffs or Dick. He just orders me, in his spookiest, 'Bat-voice' to quote, "unlock the cuffs."

He seems shocked when I shake my head 'no'. "Alfred and I have decided to stand up for ourselves and demand that you two work this out," I inform them quietly, "this tension between you two is beginning to affect not only the way you two work but also the way Alfred and I work. Now, Alfred and I would really like to see you two together again, Don't you dare deny it Dick," I shoot at him when he tries to speak, "I put up with you treating me like an idiot up till now, but i won't allow you to insult my intelligence a second longer. This isn't up for discussion, Alfred and I will be monitoring you randomly, and your not getting out of here until this is resolved. Resistance is futile guys, quit being so foolish. On that note I bid you good night, gentleman."

I leave then and turn the safe lock on the chamber door. I don't think it'll take to long now that they can't run away anymore. Alfred and I really have done it this time.


And people said Bruce and Dick were the 'Dynamic Duo'.


-Katarin