Trust 2

By –Katarin

Fandom: Batman

Pairing: Batman/Robin

Rating: NC-17

Summary: Response to the 5 minute challenge "Trust"

What can I say, inspiration waits for no one.


Cannon Notes: story begins during book 9 "Orphans" of "Dark Victory". If you haven't read "The Long Halloween" or "Dark Victory", you really should. It's why Jeph Loeb was born, I swear.

 

Trust 2

By –Katarin


Back when I first came to Wayne Manor, I used to have nightmares all the time. I would hear the snapping of trapeze wire and my parent's screams while I watched impotently from the ladder.

Alfred would come in to check on me and I would shut him out. Once though, after I had spent Father's day alone because of that 'Holiday' business, Alfred tried to coax some of the truth out of me. I could still see both hairbrushes in my mind's eye as I told him about how afraid I was to try and make a life here.

His answer to me had been simple, "Master Dick, the only true way to let some one into your heart is to trust them. Master Bruce and I would like to be here for you very much, but you have to trust us." I had cried at that, and fell asleep in Bruce's old room, with Alfred rubbing gentle circles into my back.

Does Bruce really trust me? I look up at him as he thrusts in and out of my body.

It had taken some doing, but I had finally convinced him that I really wanted him like this, that it wasn't just a throwback to a childhood crush. So he trusts me with his body, to an extent ("there are some things I can't do Dick and that has to be the way it is" "don't worry Bruce, I don't need that, having you in me is the best feeling in the world, I don't need anything more"), but does he trust me with his soul?

He refuses to let me have my say so often, treats me like a child to be truthful. But that's just because he loves me, right? Bruce has to trust me because, if he doesn't trust me than he can't love me, Alfred said so.

So I have to believe he trusts me with everything, because the alternative is unthinkable. He couldn't do this with me every night, if he didn't love and trust me, Bruce would never use me like that. He'd never think to treat me like a convenience, he couldn't...right? Bruce, Bruce loves me. He, he trusts me like no one else. Only I know everything about him. But doesn't that just make me even more convenient.

 

END
Hope you like it. I really liked this challenge Peja.