Title: The Purrrfect Purple Playmate

Author: Jade Marmalade

Fandom: DC Comics Universe

Pairing: Huntress/Catwoman

Archive: sure

Feedback: yes! jade_marmalade@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: All characters featured in this story are trademarks of DC Comics.

Notes: See, I just noticed one day that A LOT of DC woman, be they villians or heroes, wear purple. Weird, huh?

 

*****************************
The Purrrfect Purple Playmate

by Jade Marmalade
*****************************

 

"I hate you."

"Hmmm, of course you do."

"No, I really do hate you. I hate just about everyone. Including myself."

"Please, my lovely Huntress, no more deep thoughts tonight! I don't think that this pretty little kitty could take it!"

Catwoman, thief and temptress extroidinaire, stretched languorously. The provocative movement caused the thin white sheet to shift to expose her breasts. The Huntress, masked vigilante and borderline psychopath, leaned over to delicately trace the love bites that she had left on them earlier. Catwoman purred.

"I'm sooooo glad you caught me, you beautiful thing. All that single-minded intensity and that darkly brooding quality just gets me every time. And your hair is gorgeous."

"I was just about to say the same thing."

The Huntress reached over to smooth Catwoman's lovely black hair. They both had black hair but Catwoman's was curly while the Huntress' was finer.

Catwoman sighed and rubbed her head under her lover's hands in a sensuous movement that mimicked the grace of a feline.

"I must say that of all the Bat-crowd, you are the first to be so....persuasive in your capture of me."

Earlier that night, the Huntress had run Catwoman down with fierce force. Catwoman would carry the bruises for weeks. But she would carry the memory of their night of passion together for the rest of her life. In Selina Kyle's opinion, it was a fair price.

"The Bat....he doesn't really approve of me."

"Ahhh, that makes two of us. I think the poor dear was hurt very badly by life."

"Aren't we all."

"Tisk-tisk. None of that now. I said no more deep thoughts for the duration of our....interlude."

Catwoman contemplated the woman in bed with her. There were scars buried deep in those eyes. Perhaps not the same type of scars that blemished HER soul, but deep ones none-the-less. They were both women who had seen too much to believe in happy endings.

"Alright."

There was a pause while the Huntress studied her companion in turn. Catwoman had a marvelous body. Well-toned, fit---rather like her own. "From what I've heard, you've set your sights on the Batman."

Selina ran her hands over the scratches she had left in her passion on the other woman earlier.

"We have something of an on-going flirtation. As I said, I like the dark and brooding type. Plus, he's a challenge."

"He's made of ice and will never thaw."

"Yeeessss. Just why I like him. And you?"

Helena Bertinelli hesitated before answering. There was still pain from his rejection but here was also still something there....

"Nightwing. He and I had one night together."

"And then he didn't want anymore, right?"

The Huntress nodded and decided to change the subject. It amazed her that she could talk this way with a criminal. It amazed her even more that she had slept with said criminal!

"Purple suits you."

"Yes, it does, doesn't it? It suits you as well. Although, I do think you should leave off the cape."

"But a cape is traditional in hero-circles. It adds a touch of the dramatic."

The Huntress reached over and pulled the woman beside her closer. She ran her hands down Catwoman's smooth skin to her waist. Catwoman nuzzled her neck and then licked under her chin like a cat searching for salt.

"You taste good."

The whispered exhalation caused the hairs on Helena's neck to stir and she shivered with pleasure.

"I have to take you in, you know."

"I know."

With a sudden jerk, Catwoman slammed the Huntress against the headboard, knocking the masked heroine out cold. Helena awoke several hours later just as the sun was rising over Gotham City. She licked her own blood off her lips and smiled. Catwoman was gone but she wasn't called the Huntress for nothing. She would hunt down the other woman again sometime. Maybe they would play again, too.

The Huntress re-donned her purple costume and launched herself out the window of the hotel room they had borrowed. She had to get to class and take a nap afterwards so she would be fresh and ready for the next night. She would be ready for the night---but would the night be ready for the Huntress!?

*******
The End
*******