Title: Awakening

Author: kirasmommy

Rating: PG-13 maybe R

Pairing: Tim/Dick

Fandom: DC comics (batman related books)

Warnings: Mad Jyhad universe, a year later, so it is kind of weird. And there is always the chance this will offend someone's sensibilities. (I personally don't think so, but you never know anymore ~_~)

Disclaimer: I don't own them; I don't make money off of them.

Notes: Lurker's challenge, not beta read.

Dedication: NW's Chick... {HUGS}

Summary: Tim watches Dick rise.

 

Awakening
by Kirasmommy


The Sketch: Dick crouching naked in the snow looking up at the stars as he rises for the first time while Tim and Niculaie wait for him.

The 'Painting': The snow fell gently as the moon held court over the stars. Large and full it waited silently. Giving light where there would otherwise be none, a solemn midwife to a long birthing process while two dark figures waited anxiously. Waited for the Earth to release their childe.

Neither man moved as the snow began to cover them, neither cared nor felt the snow, their concentration was solely on the spot before them, the womb in which their fledgling was waiting. Waiting to come back to them.

The stars twinkled brightly, joyfully anticipating the dark blessing, stars that waited to raise their own benediction upon the grand moment when new life would reach toward the sky. Heralding the beginning of a new eternity. A childe who would be born into darkness everlasting.

The two men waited in silence.

From opposing clans they would work together only for the sake of the one whom cared for them both, men who each secretly believed that the birth would strip that one common point from them as quickly as it had brought them together.

One prayed that it would, one prayed that it wouldn't.

Each waited, almost in communion, as the moon slowly moved across the sky.

Neither breathed, statues in the night in the middle of a wilderness. Even the few animals that ventured into the harsh winter night did not dare to make a sound.

Eyes widened only a fraction as vapor began to slowly rise from the snow. Black smoke that twisted and turned and reached for the sky. Shimmering like black velvet against the glitter of white. A whisper, a promise, a hope, a prayer, taking shape in the moonlight becoming form, substance, matter, fact.

Hands reached toward the sky while a bare chest heaved with remembered breath while the stars began to sing their silent song. A song that the fledgling could not hear, a song that only one of the watchers could detect, could enjoy. And that watcher sent up a silent prayer that he would not be forsaken tonight.

The childe fell to his knees, shaking as he continued to look up at the stars as though seeing them for the first time. And indeed, it was the first time. The first time from new eyes that see beyond. Entranced he watched them twinkle, unable to look away as finally the two men stood and approached, slowly, carefully, and silently.

The younger watcher reached out only to have his hand slapped away by the ancient beside him, a low growl warned him away from his progeny, staking a claim willing the interloper away.

Pulling his black over yellow cape closer to his body in memory of cold he did not truly feel, but only in his mind. He stepped back. Waiting, hoping, yet afraid that his time was done, that tonight would be his last vision of the one he swore eternity to.

The movement beside the fledge caught his eye and he turned to look at the men that had awaited his birth from sundown till that moment.

Eyes seeing for the first time every intricate detail, watched as the older man chased the younger further away and the fledge realized that he knew them both.

Clawed hands reached down for him, helping him to his feet while thrusting clothes into his lax arms. Hands that pulled him closer while a mouth sought his throat, nuzzling him, licking the soft skin underneath his ear. A low moan filled the air as the new fledge closed his eyes momentarily, only to open them and see that the other man had turned away and had begun to walk away, his cape a stark contrast to the white of the ground.

Hunger coursed through the newborn vampire as he pushed himself away from his father in darkness, following instead the retreating form. Talons grabbed his still naked arms, attempted to hold him back. To keep him away from the young man that continued to walk away, away from him, away from-

A disused voice cried out, no real words, a sound of fear, a sound of pain, regret, want.

As the Malkavian turned to glance back the Gangrel elder growled low in his throat as he released his childe and then watched in distaste as his progeny left his side for that of another clan.

Watched in disgust as his childe wrapped himself around the other, feeding, re-connecting, completing the ritual that would link them forever.

Niculaie sighed as he glanced at his watch. If he hurried, he could just catch Sabastian at Lestat's Asylum.


=end word painting challenge: Awakening