Title: Alpha Team, Omega Man

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: not mine and never will be. The A-Team belongs to Universal and Highlander belongs to Davis/Panzer. Ares and any other Greek Gods or fandoms that appear in this or alter stories in this arc belong to their respective creators. Although, it is kind of hard to own a God. Anyway, I'm not making any money off of this one or any other fan fic I write.

Rating: PG-15 to R

Pairings: none that I know of

Summary: While trying to find his way and rediscover who he is, Darius meets a most unusual group of soldiers. Or, do they meet him?



Alpha Team, Omega Man
by Kate R.


"Hannibal, I'm not kidding," Murdock was saying, as John 'Hannibal' Smith and the rest of the group known as The A-Team were packing up from their last mission. "He says we have to go get The Omega Man. It's important to a mission or something. Hannibal, this voice is different, it's never led me wrong before."

"This voice is different from all the other ones you hear fool?" B.A. Baraccus asked.

"Yeah, it is, big guy," Murdock said. "He's been there since the War. He's never led me wrong. He's the reason I tried to call you back that night. He was right about the set up and he's been right the way we needed to go to avoid Decker. Pease, Hannibal? I know I'm not always right but those aren't this voice. This voice is important and he's never been wrong about anything we do combat wise."

"All right, Murdock," Hannibal said giving in. "We'll go to Greece and get this Omega Man. Does your voice say where he is?"

"In his father's house," Murdock said as they started to plan how to get to where they needed to go. Murdock would get the plane they'd need and Face would take care of arranging transport for B.A. Hannibal would take care of making sure they couldn't be traced and Amy and Tanya would cover or them. Hannibal sighed. It was hard to say no to Murdock. Especially when he sounded that lucid, so, here they went. And here was hoping they did not regret this.

********************************

In Greece, a man was just finishing his sword kata when he sensed his father's presence in the temple.

"Yes father?" he said as he turned to face the big man wearing leather who had appeared in the temple. Ares, God of War, was not nearly as dead as mortals would like to believe.

"I have sent for a group of soldiers I trust to help you find yourself, Darius," he said. "I trust them so I think you can as well. They should be here in a few days. I want you to go with them. I've given you as much direct guidance as I can for now. The rest will come from interacting with people again. I am sorry for the conflict in you. I'm very sorry."

"It isn't your fault, father," Darius said to the God of War. "You did not cause this conflict."

"No, your best friend did," and Ares sneered that phrase as Darius shook his head.

"He does not understand."

"If you say he's young and foolish I will hit you, brat," Ares said with a smile. "There is no excuse for how he behaved. Now, this group I've sent for, they are real soldiers. They aren't politicians or beureaucrats so you should be able to tolerate them. They do what it takes to get the job done, just as you did. Be ready to go when they come. One of them, Murdock, will refer to you as The Omega Man. I told him that. I'd prefer that to general, as I'm sure they would. The military has not been their friend."

"This isn't a military anymore," Darius muttered. "Very well, father. I will be ready. I hope they can help me."

"They can. Just as you can help them. Be yourself, Darius. Not the Apostle, not the priest, but Darius as he is in his heart of hearts. Just...try not to pitch anymore knives at thick headed heads of state."

And Darius laughed as his father vanished in the blue flash.

************************

Over the Mediterranean, H.M. Murdock, flying the plane suddenly started laughing as he heard Ares' last comment to his son. Yeah, Murdock was aware of the voice and whom it belonged to. He'd rather trust Ares than the man who'd gotten his team into trouble before so if Ares said his son needed their help then Murdock was going to get the man their help. And they might just get something out of it too.


Part 1

"I hate Flying," BA Barracus said two days later as they trooped through Greece. 'I hate flying, I hate being drugged and I hate waking up in foreign Countries. Where are we going fool?"

"To a temple," Murdock said as he led them unerringly through the forest to where he instinctively knew to go. He'd been shown the building they would be meeting the Omega Man at and he was eager to get there.

"Hannibal," Face said tiredly, "Why are we trusting Murdock?"

"For the same reason we trust you or B. A. when you say we need to do something," Hannibal said. "Because we are a team and teams have to trust each other. If Murdock says we need to get the Omega Man then we do. It's part of being a team. You do for each other with no questions asked."

"Almost there, Hannibal," Murdock called back as they made their way into a clearing that had a temple like structure sitting in the middle of it.

"It looks like a church," Face said.

"Please," a melodious voice spoke from the trees behind them.

"Do not insult my father so."

They all turned and stared as there, standing before them, was someone they all knew. He had once been the Apostle of Peace but he'd vanished six months ago after a peace meeting that had been upset by a knife being thrown at someone. After the meeting, The Apostle had simply vanished. He had not returned to France and it was believed he'd been killed somewhere on the journey. To see him standing here, looking a far from the man he'd been in the papers, was a shock.

"Omega man?" Murdock asked confidently.

"Darius," the man responded. "My name is Darius. I welcome you to the Temple of War, Thrace. My name is Darius, Blood of Ares, Iron Fist and Fire of the Gods. Please, make yourselves welcome."

"Before we do that," Hannibal said. "I'd first like to know what it is we're supposed to do for you."

"Good question, Colonel," Darius said. "Quite simply, Father wishes you to help me find myself again. The Apostle of Peace was a mask I wore, one face I showed the world if you will. Long before that though, I was the man of War. And I need to remember that, find it gain and make myself whole. That is what Father wishes you to do for me: help me find myself."

"Well," Hannibal said after a few moments of thought. "I love a challenge."

END PART 1