Light

by Syx Maxwell

blitz49@hotmail.com

Ok I'm still working on the sequel to shadows... even IF it took this long to write the second chapeter. I really need CC on this one and I'm not above begging:) ANy feedback is welcome.

Ohayo Minna! Ok when I wrote Shadows some talented authors asked, where's the next part? So I did some thinking, talked to Tzigane and decided to expand on Mousse's tale a bit more. Once again I own nothing and I have nothing but respect for Rumiko-sama. I'm just playing around. Oh and Lee Ann Rimes sings Light in Your Eyes. This song was just perfect.

 

Light

by Syx Maxwell
8/99

People make you promises the never keep Soon you'll know why people say talk is cheap Life resembles one big compromise Don't ever lose that light in you eyes

Kuno was out of breath when he answered Sasuke's frantic summons. He threw open the master bedroom door. There in the closet, lay a huddled Mousse. The kendoist knelt next to the curled up and shuddering amazon. Murmuring gently, he tried to draw the boy from the confines of the closet. The lanky teen gave a choked cry and resisted.

Unsure of what else to do, Kuno crawled into the closet and drew Mousse into his arms.

"Mousse? Mousse. Daijobu?"

The longhaired youth shivered and whimpered. Kuno tightened his hold and rocked him slowly. Soothing sounds rumbled from his chest. The Hidden Weapons Master gave a low sob and hid his face against Kuno's neck.

"Shh shh, it's alright Mousse. You are safe. No one will hurt you here."

Mousse had horrible flashbacks after his time with the slavers. He rarely, if ever left the castle and he never left the grounds. Hearing Kodachi enter the room, he held out his right hand. A soft blanket was deposited on his out-stretched arm.

Wrapping Mousse in the warmth of the blanket, Kuno pressed a tender kiss to the myopic teen's forehead. Somehow he would make this right.

Kodachi stood in the strong circle of Ryoga's arms. He cradled her to his powerful chest. She let the tension ease from her body. She traveled the path Mousse was on. She knew in time the terror would fade, but it would always mark his life. These days Mousse only felt safe with them.

Mousse fell asleep in Kuno's arms. The soft muffled sounds of deep sleep filled the tiny enclosure. Looking up to the Lost Boy, Kuno nodded. Kodachi stepped away long enough for Ryoga to lean down and lift the slumbering youth into his arms. Kuno quickly gained his feet and took the amazon from the dark haired warrior. Moving to the bed, he tucked his precious treasure in and joined him on the massive bed.

Kodachi and Ryoga slipped from the room, closing the door silently after.

***

Mousse lay curled against Kuno's chest his breathing even. His face devoid of the confusion and pain that marked in the last month. The teen took to sleeping in the closet if Kuno wasn't with him. It seemed that enclosed spaces comforted him when he was alone.

JOURNAL ENTRY : MSU TSU #1

I'm not sure where to start. The therapist thought this would be good for me. Expressing my thoughts on paper. A private journal to help me remember my hell. wonderful.

Well first things first. It's been three months since the Kuno's found me at the slave pens. Three months of trying to control my new found agrophobia. Any open space gives me panic attacks.

Some warrior I am. I guess I should start at the beginning. About six months ago I heard the old ghoul and Shampoo planning a new trap for Ranma. So in my infinite stupidity, I interfered. I actually switched the potions, saving Ranma from a lust/love spell.

I should have known Shampoo would find out.

I received the usual beating and thought that was the end of it. I was so wrong.

Shampoo was furious, so she invoked an old law. A law that hadn't been used in over 250 years, The Champion's Right.

It was common knowledge that she had defeated me on numerous occasions. Those defeats were my downfall.

Let me explain Champion's Right. Basically it was an old law used to weed out 'weak' males. Males that were defeated numerous times could be sold to the slave caravans by the Village Champion if she chose.

It was Cologne who stopped the practice of Champion's Right. I have to give the old mummy credit. She didn't know what Shampoo had planned. She even tried to save me.

But in the end, Shampoo's confederates drugged me and I woke in hell.

Mousse dropped his pencil and closed the notebook. He couldn't do it. He couldn't write about what happened when he woke. Not yet. His hands shook as he placed the unassuming binder in his desk drawer.

The physical therapist wanted him to write to regain his fine motor skills. It was Kodachi who suggested combining physical and emotional therapy

He dropped his head onto the desk with a weary sigh. It felt as though he would never be whole again.

Kuno peeked into the sunlit room and caught sight of Mousse hunched over, harsh breaths ripping from his chest.

Walking over he drew the youth into his arms and crooned to him gently, his hand stroking that silky fall of black hair.

"Want to talk about it Mousse?"

"N-no not right now Tatchi."

"Aa."

Journal Entry: Kodachi Kuno

I haven't written in here for a long time. But now, I find myself returning to the dubious comfort of the written word.

I swore long ago that I would be the last to suffer at the hands of the slave trade. And I failed. The boy Mousse was taken. Sold by the woman he loved.

We all thought that he was training again. No one had seen him for months. School let out and Tatchi-chan and I returned to our primary drive. Hunting slavers.

Tatchi developed a new tact for getting inside. As a buyer. It turned my stomach to see my brother don the guise for the very vermin we hoped to eradicate. But it served its purpose.

Brother got inside and found Mousse. He'd been savagely beaten and conditioned. It was amazing he had not gone mad.

A part of me died when Sasuke brought him to our camp. That long black hair was blood crusted and tangled, those pearl gray eyes bloodshot and swollen shut. Bruises marred his body in ways that were all too familiar to me.

It was then that I began to withdraw once more. I drew the cloak of the Black Rose around me tight and let my rage take over.

Tatchi and I attacked the base and left no one alive. I think Tatchi understood why I backslid into my other persona. It was the only way I could fight and avenge the boy I knew to be an honorable fighter.

I have yet to fully explain to Mousse why I withdraw at times. My beloved tells me take my time.

END