Title: As I lay you down to sleep.

Author: Erika ... who also goes by the name of evil child, cute kid, wacky and BetaR.

Feedback: funhapjoy@yahoo.com

Pairing: Highlander/Angel

Disc: I don't own them, I am beginning to believe they own me. Just in case: Angel and its characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox Production. Highlander and its characters belongs to TPTB at Pazer/Davis and their associated companies.

Rating: Slash m/m

Summary: I really don't know. I just went with the flow.

Beta-reader: Pollyanna. Baby, you are my British chic queen supreme.

 

AS I LIE YOU DOWN TO SLEEP
by Erika

 

You look so young lying there. So young and so vulnerable.

Two days ago I walked into a bar and met you. Cordelia had warned me that a death would occur and that a young man, a student, would be killed. He would be found later with his head severed. I had gone in, not expecting to find much, thinking it was just another night. Another night of demon hunting. The quietness of the place surprised me. I looked around and thought about leaving. No one matched the description Cordelia had given me. But I waited.

Three hours and six propositions later, you walked in. I knew the instant I saw you that you were the target, for you had awakened the hunter in me. The demon within me demanded that I hunt. That my lips break into your flesh and taste your sweet blood. It took everything I had to control that hunger, and as you walked past me it took all my willpower to stop my hands from reaching out and making you mine.

You ordered a beer and took out a book. Who reads Hamlet in a bar?

You stayed till almost closing time and when you got up to leave I followed you.

Two blocks down from the bar and I saw you pause briefly. No one else would have noticed how your body changed, but I had been observing you for the past three hours and I have been a hunter for two hundred years. My skill had been honed on the blood of innocents.

You went down a dark alley and I followed you. When I caught up with you four men were circling around you. They had cornered you in the alley, using the darkness to surprise you. But they were mortals, all of them. No demon spawn among them.

One man held a sword in his hand. The second man was a look out. The other two men circled around you, until they grabbed hold of your arms, making you kneel in front of them. There was no time so I let the Demon take control. The Demon that cried out, "Mine not yours."

As I came upon the men you turned and tried to warn me away, but you were struck down. As I fell upon the leader, I watched as you fought one of the men that had made you kneel. When you took hold of his wrist, and glanced down at his tattoo, I heard you whisper the word, "Why?"

Moments later the fight had ended and four men lay dead at our feet. Finally you turned towards me, to thank me. You started to close the distance between us when you saw the wound on my arm.

The scent of fear still clung to you and it called to the Demon still withering inside of me. The Demon growled and rattled his cage. It wanted you. I could hold out no longer from the images he sent to my mind of you on the ground, pleading for me to take you. I let it loose.

You tried to back away when you saw what I had become, but a part of you was drawn. From where I stood I could scent your arousal mixed with your fear. I could hear your heart as it raced and then calmed. You looked at me, begging me to both devour and release you. In your eyes I saw something that almost made my dead heart start up again. You were a Hunter just like me. I knew then I had to have you. I would make you immortal. I would never let you go.

Now you lie on my bed.

I cannot get enough of you. Day is fast approaching and I hear you mumble in your sleep calling to me. I gather you in my arms. Kiss your sweet lips and feel as you awaken beneath me.

"Adam."

You open your eyes and I gaze into their chameleon depths. Tomorrow my love.

Tomorrow I will make you immortal.

=30=