On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Nine Drummers Drumming

by shara nesu

sharanesu@yahoo.co.uk

Series: To Each Holiday there is a Reason Series

Pairing: Angel/Spike

Rating: NC17

Note: The Twelve Days of Christmas - A Christmas Story for Spike and Angel. It's 10 years into the future. Much has changed. Unexpectedly 12 days before Christmas Eve, Angel starts receiving strange gifts. This is what he does with them...


Nine Drummers Drumming
by shara nesu


21st December 2012
Angel’s Journal:

It’s coming up to 3am on the morning of the 22nd of December. Yesterday, was the winter solstice. The longest night of the year. A night of mayhem and magic. I remember when I was Angelus - we revelled and rejoiced on that night. Today for all demons, it’s no different. Cordelia’s visions started as soon as the sun when down, and never stopped until just half an hour ago. All off us were exhausted; we worked so hard, tried to hard. But we just couldn’t save everyone. During the night, Spike fought at my side, and I discovered we are a formidable team.

Someone... died. We were too late to save them, and for one moment, I thought I saw tears in Spike’s eyes. I wanted so much to hold him at that second. To wrap my arms around his frame, to sooth his pain and my own. Yet, I couldn’t. Spike closed up again; he turned and walked away dropping some inappropriate comment.

I’ve never had the chance to open Spike’s present. I fear what’s inside it. I can guess what he’s chosen. He understands about the longest night, and expected like I did, that we can’t save everyone. He’ll be in pain, hurting, and when he comes to me, he shall be William and shall show those emotions.

I put down my pencil and stare at the package. Part of me hopes that it is what I expect. I can help Spike/William. I can give him freedom from guilt and suffering.

I know it’s not really the 21st anymore, but I wonder if he’s going to come to my rooms before dawn. I unwrap the box, listening out for Will’s voice. My gift box is decorated like the others, larger than most, and on the front are nine drummers boys. I shiver at the sight. An appropriate sign - drummer boys used to lead a battalion into war. That’s what we experienced today. I open the box, expecting some sort of punishment device. Cuffs or a flogger maybe. I have a terrible shock when I tip them out.

On the desk top lies 2 garlic cloves, 2 crosses, 2 small bottles of holy water, 2 lighters and one long wooden stake.

All things harmful - fatal even - to vampires.

He thinks I would end his pain? That I would... could kill him? Oh god! I feel my anger rising.

“Sire?” The voice at the door almost makes me jump out of my skin.

“Come in,” I answer, my voice calm but sharp. When the door opens, I have to clench my fists and bite my tongue from reacting. I feel like screaming and shouting at him about even thinking I’d harm my Childe - that I could kill him!

He closes the door behind him, and moves to stand beside the desk, naked and... nervous. “You don’t like them,” he states.

“No,” I snap, a snarl in my voice. “What is this, Spike? You want me to kill you? Well, that isn’t going to happen!” I shove my chair away violent and stand on my feet.

“No, Sire! I didn’t want....” Will cries in alarm. He shyly looks to the floor. “I want you to... to me... I need it. And these... well, Angelus used them and I... Oh good grief! I liked it. No one’s ever done it since, not even Dru. I want you. You said you would.”

I calm immediately. Shamed by my reaction. I should have given him a chance to explain before I blew a gasket. I walk around the edge of the desk and slip a hand around his thin waist. My large fingers splay the centre of his back and I draw him close.

“Today has been hard. I know I feel it too. The desperation, the fear, the anger, and the... desire. You are a vampire William, yes you should control those urges to kill, but there’s nothing wrong in what you feel.”

“I wanted to taste them,” he whispers.

“I know, so did I.” I pause, looking deeply into shining blue eyes. “We are stronger though. But I shall show you what is safe to taste.” I lean forward and gently kiss his lips. He moans deep into my mouth, leaning forward to press against me. Instead, I step back and drag his arms behind him. Will gasps as I restrain him. “You are mine. You will obey me or you shall be punished. You will not speak unless I permit, do nothing unless I say so say first. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Sire,” Will whispers in shocked awe. A delighted shiver passes through our bodies and I drag him over to the doorframe. The cuffs are where I left them from last time. He’s silent as I attach each hand and then feet making sure each one is taut and tight.

I cross over to the desk, removing my clothing as I go. I smell his increased arousal, so sweet mixing with his pain. I pick up the least lethal object. The garlic isn’t very dangerous to vampires. It causes a slight skin irritation and the sensation of burning. Also the smell is revolting. Then again most humans think that too. I pick up the garlic, and rip it open. Taking out a single clove, I crush it between my fingers, and then cross back to Will hanging in my doorway. He groans and watches my actions with wide eyes. I stand before him, and rub the crushed garlic down the centre of his chest. He groans loudly, struggling a little with the first burn. I watch my hand move slowly down, and then I take another clove and repeat the action this time down a pale thigh. I continue rubbing small areas, leaving behind raw red skin. I move around to his back. I repeat the ritual, rubbing small areas. I choose one special place, making sure I rub two round rings on his taunt buttocks. Red raw skin is going to hurt when I rub against him.

I tire of the garlic, and return to the desk. I hear Will emit a loud gasp. I give him a quick glance, his eyes are closed and he writhes in the chains. I have to give him credit for his courage. I turn back to the desk and take out a cloth. Next the crosses. I pick them up and return to my Childe’s defenceless body. His eyes immediately blink open when I stand before him.

“Open your hand,” I direct.

William’s eyes widen in apprehension, but in a sign of extreme trust he opens his hand. With bare fingers I pick out one of the crosses from the cloth. Steam rises from my fingers, and the smell of burning flesh assaults our noses. Will gulps as I lift the cross towards his hand. He knows it’s going to burn like hell.

“Uh!” Will cries, his face morphing with the pain. I press the cross deep into his palm.

“Hold it!”

“Sire!” Will sobs, but he does as I command. I cringe at the smell of burning flesh, but I don’t... can’t stop. I take the other cross, putting it into my palm. The metal touches my skin and sizzles. “Sire, no!” Will is shocked by action. He stares at my smoking hand. In seconds I hardly notice the burning. Pain can be ignored. I press my palm just above his navel and listen to my Childe scream.

How long did I torture him? I don’t know. I just know my hand was now a burnt cinder, dripping blood over pale skin as I moved over his body. When I couldn’t hide the pain any longer, I dropped the cross.

“Let it go!” I yell at Will.

“I can’t,” he wails. I grab his hand, noticing that the cross is stuck to skin and bone. I rip it out. William howls in agony, tears in his golden eyes.

I know what shall help. I step close to his form, pressing the my length against his suspended one. Our cocks are still hard, erect and unfulfilled. Not even pain can change that. I groan, feeling the burns, blood and heat against my skin. We are face to face, and I give him a small smile.

“Bite.” I tilt my head, leaning in close to his mouth. His mouth opens, but he hesitates with his fangs next to my skin. “Drink me, Childe.” I lift my arm, and press our injured hands together. Our blood combines, the Sire’s stronger than the Childe’s. I feel his skin shift and start to heal under the pressure. He groans and presses his fangs into the tender flesh of my neck. I feel him suck harshly, my blood filling his mouth. He swallows greedily, taking as much as I am willing to give. Finally, when my eyes start to blur, I grab his hair and yank his head back.

“Enough!” I pant, my body trembling with the blood loss, but also the desire from him taking from me. The feel of his mouth on my flesh. His teeth in my skin. The sensation of my blood being pulled into his... I gasp, and crush my mouth to his. He tastes sweet and coppery. I have to drag my lips away, or I’d forget about the whole punishment thing, and kiss him for the next day or so.

“Oh Sire, please,” Will begs. He tries to reach my lips again. His limbs pulling on the strong chain, trying to get closer.

“Ah Will,” I laugh, “you’re breaking the rules.”

He snarls lightly, tugging at his chains again. I’m surprised he’d risk punishment just to kiss me.

“Give me your bloody mouth,” he growls. There is a flesh of anger in his eyes. A spark of Spike.

I chuckle and step away. I return to the desk and grab a bottle of holy water. I uncork it, and glide back over to him. He licks his lips, leering at me.

“Fuck, you are so gorgeous, Sire. I want your mouth,” he demands.

“Do you?” I grin, leaning close again, our cock rubbing together, and his head falls back. He growls, trying to shove his hips into mine. I move closer and offer him my lips. He kisses me again, his tongue pushing deeper into my mouth. He nips and laps, suckling on my tongue - powerfully enough to split it open. When the blood flows - he kisses even harsher.

“Argh!” he screams, as the bottle of holy water tips in my hand. It covers his chest, smoke rises and he drives us apart. His body arches, and he screams again. “Oh yes! More!” He bellows when the initial pain passes.


Holy water can cause such beautiful colours on vampire skin. Red, gold and blues. I create such pretty pictures on Will’s body. He groans so appreciably. He rocks against my body. Demands my tongue. Screams for my touch. Yep, there is a lot of Spike in him tonight. More than tonight than ever before. I like his fighting and I’m enjoying his constant demands for mouth.

“Sire, please I wanna fuck your mouth.”

“Do you?” I lean close, dribbling a few drops on his raw chest. He groans, and then tries to stretch over to me.

“Oh yeah.” He flicks his tongue out, trying to reach my mouth again. I’m surprised he’s developing such an obsession for it. He’s never really had much interest in it before. I lower my mouth on his. His tongue dives in, forcing deeper and deeper, trying to touch my throat.

I jump back suddenly - I want more. I drop the holy water, run to the desk and take up a lighter. I unchain his arms and legs, so fast he drops to the floor. Seconds later, I’m in the bedroom lighting a couple of candles. I can’t help being a little bit of a romantic.

“Sire!” William yells. He dives across the room and throws me onto the bed. Our mouths connect again, kissing with intensity we’ve never known before. He wriggles against me, rubbing our erections together.

“Want your mouth,” I groan. Will understands what I want and he shifts around. I’m now presented with a long hard cock in my face. I take hold of his hips and pull him forward. The tip of his erection presses against my lips and I swallow him down. He cries out, and seconds later; I’m taken into his cool mouth. He sucks my penis, just as he sucked my tongue. He laps and suckles, and swallows around me. I repeat the same actions on him. Taking pleasure in the taste of him - the feel of him. He’s so hard against my tongue. I explore his tip, pushing my tongue under the foreskin. Deeper and deeper, until I push it back, exposing the deep peach coloured tip. I stick my tongue in the slit, and he comes. His mouth and throat tighten around me, and I follow him into complete bliss.

Will turns himself around and collapses on top of me. His lips find mine again and we kiss lazily. I taste Will and myself on our tongues, and I savour the taste.

“Oh Will Childe,” I murmur against this mouth. “ You are in deep trouble.”

“Huh?” William draws back startled, then he remembers. He came first. “What’s my punishment, Sire?” he asks in a cheeky grin.

“Hmmm... kiss me some more.”

He has no problem doing that.



End of day 9