Double Vision

Series: What If... (the premise - What if Angel dies at that the end of ‘The Trial - Season 2’?)

Author: Shara Nesu

Archived: Shara's place: http://www.shara-nesu.supanet.com/index.html

Feedback: Shara-Nesu@supanet.com. Tell me if you like ALL the pairings.

Disclaimer: Joss & TV company owns them all! Until Angelus says different

Spoilers: Angel: The Trial (Buffy: Season 5 just completely forget about it. I’ve had enough of trying to fit this story in and have rewritten it too many times - so it’s - Glory? Who the hell is Glory?)

Category/Pairings: Spike/Angel. Spike/Angel/Angelus/Drusilla/Lindsey

Rating: NC17

Warning: Violence, torture, character death, rape, angst & off course M/M intercourse, plus others. Everything is fair game here. (Bad mood again! Sorry)

Distribution: Want, Have, Take.

Summery: During ‘The Trial’ Angel is given a choice - his life or Darla’s. In this universe it is literal. Angel dies, but his grieving friends bring him back from the dead. The only problem - he doesn’t come back alone.

All hail to Helen - Goddess of the beta!


Double Vision
By Shara Nesu


Angel remembered his last dying moment. As he pulled himself - a living human body, from the floor - he remembered his death. He looked over at Wesley, who was holding the scroll of Aberjian in his hands. Angel understood now - he comprehended how he’d come back. How once again life filled his veins. He was human now - part of the living - alive! And with that knowledge, Angel wept.

Angel’s last memory was of his death as a vampire. He could picture it so clearly in his mind. That underground chamber, where he had been chained, spread-eagle. The butler - who Angel automatically nicknamed Jeeves - had told him of his final challenge. He would give his life for Darla. Angel had been in so much pain at the time. There was internal bleeding and he spat blood, his flesh burned from holy water and crosses, and he was just so damn tired. He had watched with growing horror, as his mind finally comprehended the sight before him. A wall filled with sharp stakes, pointed directly at him. Angel had understood his fate then and apart of him didn’t really care. His body ached, his mind and soul just wanted to rest. The world had become a place of confusion and untold agony to him. There were so many deeds, feelings, and events he couldn’t grasp, and that brought him so much suffering, that his soul constantly screamed inside him. Darla was one of those events. Darla was the reason he was here - to save her life. To give her the second chance the powers had denied her. So what if he died, he would have peace and be able to rest forever.

Jeeves had informed him about the test, had asked him why he was willing to give his life. Angel had answered, but now his words were forgotten and distant. He remembered one line though: “I die, Darla lives”, and that had been enough. He could go to his death happy with that knowledge. Jeeves had asked for his permission to proceed, his permission to let himself die. He had given it freely. He had taken a deep breath - remembered the living human he was doing this for - and said the words: “Do it.”

The next second Angel had known oblivion. He had a vague memory of the stakes hurtling towards him. He distantly remembered how his body had turned to dust. Then there had been nothing. Not heaven or hell - but just black emptiness. It was like he was waiting for something. A part of his being had known time had passed, how long he didn’t know. Suddenly, however, there had been this bright light, so bright and yet it did not hurt his eyes. Well, if the soul had eyes - he was sure about that. He had gone towards the light, and had been filled with a purity of being, he had... A pulling had started then, like black hands tugging him away from the light. Angel thought he might have screamed and begged to be released - to finally go into that light of salvation. He wanted the peace and contentment it offered. The hands had been too persistent, and no matter how hard he tried, they pulled him back. Faster and faster he had been pulled kicking and screaming from the light, and he had come to understand that he had lost his salvation.

The next sensation Angel knew was one of coldness. His body ached in every limb, he was so tried, and each breath his lungs forced him to take, burned inside. He opened his eyes, and before him was a man holding a scroll. He had comprehended then, and remembered who and what he had been. He realised they had brought him back, they had used the Scroll of Aberjian, and had resurrected him as human.

He couldn’t speak as his friends covered his naked body with a blanket. Cordelia soothed him gently, running her hands through his thick, damp hair. They welcomed him back, but Angel didn’t really listen. The only thought going though his mind was why? Why did they bring him back? Why did they drag him away from the light? Why did he have to return to a world full of suffering and injustice? He had wept, his friends taking them as tears of joy, but in truth, they were tears of the greatest sorrow - a sorrow of heaven denied.

The next few days were a blur to Angel. He had to learn how to be a human again, and all the little inconveniences that went with his new body. During that time, he grew to hate the Hyperion. His rooms were always cold and unfriendly. He felt cut of from the rest of the living world. It was hard to readjust, but he was learning. Also, he had discovered what had become of Darla. She had tried to go out into the world and live. Live those last few months she had to the fullest. In the end though, life was denied her. Shortly after Angel’s death, Lindsay had kidnapped her from the Hyperion and saved her life the only way he knew how. He had found Drusilla in Brazil, flown her back to LA, and used her dark gift to give Darla a new life.

For days Angel wept. Not even his friends could console him. The whole reason - the gift of his death - was worthless. He had given his life for nothing. His soul, his work for redemption, his self-sacrifice was for nothing. Useless. Unwanted. Unforgiving.

Sunnydale:

It was peaceful that night. Buffy had completed her patrol and hadn’t come across any new foes. She had dusted a couple of vamps, but nothing more. So there was no one around to witness the event. Inside the old burned out High School, inside what was once the library; the Hellmouth groaned.

Something deep inside the mouth to hell awakened, and crawled to the surface. With a spell it had been called forth, and it knew that the Hellmouth would open its jaws and spit it out into the real world. With a burning sensation, the entity was thrown out of the maw of Hell, and into the dark, cold night. With its exit, a form was created. It had body and it rejoiced. It screamed into the night! No one heard, but the sound of its own voice was a pleasure to its new ears.

The newly formed creature stretched its refined limbs; it was a body the creature had known for 247 years. A body of a man named Liam. The creature - Angelus - the demon that now inhabited this body, laughed at his liberty. He was freed from hell, liberated in the body he’d loved for centuries, untied from that constraining soul. Unchained to dominate the world. First however, he was hungry and it had been years since his last adequate feed.

Angelus hunted that night, taking whatever he wanted food, sex, and depravity. It was nearing dawn when the ancient demon found himself in the old cemetery. He remembered the last time he was here. Taunting Buffy, laughing at Buffy, watching Buffy, and then going home to tease his childer some more. When he considered his actions, he found them unreasonable and wanting. He’d been so angry at the soul, so furious at how this human girl had made him feel emotions that he‘d denied all of his demon existence. So infuriated that she had taken something of so much importance from him. Feelings that were a weakness to him, so he‘d lashed out at those closest to him. Drusilla and his favourite childe, Will. He’d used their nearly human emotions against them. Teased Drusilla mercilessly and then cruelly ignored his favoured childe. His Will, whom he’d left in that fucking wheelchair. He’d been so livid with his childe for getting himself into that situation, for failing before the slayer. He should have healed him, fucked him every night and told him he was still the most important thing in his life, but he didn’t.

Angelus had denied and turned his back on his childe, his boy. He’d forgotten about all the times they had fought, argued, hunted and fucked together. They hated each other with intensity, and yet, at the same time loved each other with that same intense passion. His soul had destroyed that union; it had taken him from home and family. Angelus was alone for the first time ever, and he didn’t like it.

As Angelus hunted through this familiar cemetery, he found himself following a familiar scent. He wasn’t quite sure that his nose had detected that scent correctly. Surely it couldn’t be. He followed his nose deeper, into the older part of the cemetery, and found a decrepit crypt that looked lived in. Inside, he could hear noises... and talking. Angelus edged closer, listening intently. He realized it was the sound of a television, issuing soft moans, grunting and disgusting words. He laughed softly, his nose has been correct.

With the grandeur befitting his status, Angelus flung open the crypt doors and peered inside. Nothing? He growled when he found the crypt empty, and yet those sounds still continued. He walked deeper inside and recognised that the crypt was supported by a large underground chamber. He quietly crept down into that secret place and finally spotted his prey - a blond haired vampire who was sprawled in a winged chair, watching some porno movie, and roughly rubbing his crotch. Angelus grinned, knowing his Childe’ taste and need for the more baser pleasures. Will - Spike - as he now called himself, who had begged to lie in his or Dru’s bed every night. Who wanted to be touched, comforted, and fucked raw every night. Ah, nothing changes, Angelus thought pleasantly.

Angelus knew what it meant to be denied sexual pleasures. That fucking soul never allowed himself one single one-night stand, or a quick blowjob. The only action the bloody soul had had was with the virgin Slayer. Then it had had been a disgustingly sweet, gentle loving. Nothing like what Angelus experienced or wanted. He liked a hard, cool vampire body around him. A body he could force, beat, fuck, rape, and feed on all he wanted. A body he could perform all those kinky things with that made sex worth while. A body like Spike‘s.

“Whatcha want poof?” Spike’s rough voice shouted at him. Angelus’ childe did not turn away from his show, and continued to stroke himself.

His disrespect instantly insulted Angelus’ self importance and he growled: “Is this how you greet your Sire, Childe.”

“You ain’t my fucking Sire, Angel. Why don’t you go sniff around the Slayer, angst about how you can’t fuck her, but leave me the hell alone!”

“Show the proper respect, Childe. I will beat it into you if not.”

“Bloody hell, ya stupid wanker. You are not my Sire! I sure as hell won’t...” Spike turned around in his chair, facing the enraged demon. His ice blue eyes widened a moment, as he looked Angelus over. He stared at the strong body, once again encased in tight leather, and gaped at the long brown hair tied back away from his face. “Angelus?” Spike whispered, astonished.

Surely it couldn’t be, Spike thought desperately. Yet, the demon before him looked and even smelled like the Sire - the Angelus - he had known. This one didn’t carry with him the smell of despair as the soul did. This one smelled of fresh blood, fresh sex, and best of all - fresh death.

“Angelus,” Spike groaned. Oh fuck! He finally realised that by whatever force of magic, his Sire had returned, whole and without a soul. And he’d not shown the proper respect. That was sure to earn him some punishment.

“Oh, Shit!”

Angelus’s POV:

Spike, my favoured childe, slowly arises from his chair. He knows what’s coming. He knows I’ll have to punish him for his disrespect. His wide eyes stare at me, taking in the leather, the smell of blood and the long hair. It was a pleasure to have that back again. That bastard Angel had cut it off in a fit of depression nearly 80 years ago. I liked it long, and now it distinguishes me from my ensoul-ed counterpart.

“Sire?” Spike breaths again. This time a sound of awe in his voice. “How? The slayer... the poof shagged the slayer again.”

He sounds panicked, almost desperate for some reason. Does he think I’ll kill him for betraying me? I know it was him who sided with the Slayer when I tried to open Acathla. I know he betrayed me. Truth is, I’ve had a lot of time to think about that - Time in hell and being imprisoned by Angel. It was a stupid plan, to rid the world of humans and all the fun you can have from fucking with them - figuratively and literally speaking. I’ve forgiven Spike his trespasses, and I won’t be sucking the world into hell anytime soon. I don’t think.

“No, Angel did not have a moment of true happiness with the Slayer, however incomprehensible that is. Actually the stupid little fuck went and got himself dusted.” There is a flash of something across Spike’s face. I would have sworn it was pain? Strange. “He sacrificed himself for my bitch of a sire, Darla.”

“Huh?” I watch a moment as Spike’s long elegant fingers nervously reach for a cigarette and lights it up. He brings it to his sculptured lips and takes a long drag, trying to calm his frayed nerves.

“You ever heard of Wolfram and Hart?” Spike nods his head, so I don’t expand. “They brought Darla back, human I might add. They used her to send my poor little soul over the edge, and boy did he fall for it. Soul boy didn’t know which way was up in the end. Then the little bitch falls apart! Being human she has a soul. She discovers she’s dying and the stupid prick goes out and saves her. He sacrificed my fucking body to give her a second chance!” I hadn’t realised I was shouting, nor the fact I’m inches away from Spike’s face, having backed him into a corner. Hmm... Good position.

“So how are you ‘ere?” Spike chokes out.

“Hmm... I don’t know that, the Hellmouth disgorged me out earlier this evening. Whole, in my own body. A body you remember, don’t you boy?” I whisper the last part, leaning closer to Spike’s face. He’s really quite beautiful. I know now why I pulled him away from Drusilla at that last moment. It was lucky I followed her into that barn and had this beauty myself. She was quite annoyed, but in the end I shared, just to keep the peace really, and to keep Darla off my back.

“What ya going to do?” whispers Spike, even more anxious. He’s thinking a long drawn out punishment of some kind might be in his cards. Even death. Still, I’ve gotten over my anger with him. But he does need a little reprimanding for not showing me the proper respect earlier.

“I should kill you for betraying me, boy,” I whisper into his ear. He swallows fearfully, but there is a new smell arising from my Childe. Arousal. Ye gods, I remember now why I just love fucking him. He loves violence, the hunt, the kill, and the blood. He used to beg me to tie him to the bed, fuck him raw, beat him black and blue. He’d scream in pleasure and pain, as they all rolled into one perfect moment of ecstasy. Oh yes, I know my boy well. I know him because he’s just like me, except a little more impatient. Oh, and unlike me, he’s in really deep shit.

“Except I don’t think I can fuck you dead,” I murmur, as I lick down his throat. I can’t smell *my* blood under his skin. I used to smell my gift to him flowing through his veins, all the time. He’d always smell of me, my blood, my skin and my cum.

“What?” he yelps.

I pull away slightly, and look into lusty, blue, dilated eyes. “You need reclaiming, boy. That fuck let you wonder loose for far too long. You need to know who your master is.”

“You’re not my fucking master, Angelus,” Spike snaps, shoving me away. “I’m not your little fledging anymore. I’m a master vampire; I’m in control...”

“In control of what? Following the slayer around like a lost, neutered dog?”

“You know?” he asks, taken aback.

“Of course I know!” I take him into my arms, but he’s stiff and unresisting. As though all the fight has gone from his body, with my mention of the chip. “I know everything the soul did. He came here, saw you tied up at the Watcher’s, but did nothing to help. He left you defenceless. He did nothing...”

Suddenly Spike shoves me away, more forcibly this time. He’s grown strong in the last century. I fall back against a broken cabinet, my weight snapping it in two, and I crash to the ground.

“You fucker!” he shrieks. “You self conceited wanker. You did just the bloody same. Three years ago you left me in that bloody wheelchair. You could have given me your blood; you could have healed me. You did nothing! You didn’t give me anything - not blood and not yourself!”

Spike’s weight and force of his anger hits me like a fright train. I did ignore him last time; I was angry, furious at what the soul had done to me. I’ve learned since then, gained my sanity if you like. Spike’s punches are hard and true. His fists connect with my stomach and face, cutting skin and bringing blood to the surface. For a moment, I let him, but then rise up, grabbing his flailing arms and pushing him back. In one fluid motion, I have him on his back, his arms secured above him by a strong hand, and my body holding him still.

“You feel so good,” I murmur, unable to control my desires being this connected with him. He feels my growling arousal pressing into his thigh. With my loose hand, I bring a sharp nail to my throat and make an incision. Spike’s eyes widen in amazement, and to his shock I say the words he never expected to hear again.

“Drink Childe. Drink of your Sire and be one with me. Be strong.” Before I finish the last syllable, my Childe’ mouth is attached to the bleeding wound. He sucks harshly and frantically, as if he’s never fed before. I know, from being imprisoned by the soul, what it is like being denied to feed from the living or even a vampire. For a vampire, the prohibition of such an act is like a living death. Drinking blood from a mug never carries the same sensation as taking it directly from a vein.

As Spike drinks, I let go of his arms and they wrap around my head and neck, holding me closer. With both free hands, I divest Spike of his clothing, tearing his jeans when I can’t get them down his legs. Then I unzip my leather pants and free my aching cock. It’s been so long since I’ve had Spike’s ass. Too long. I part his pale thin, but muscular legs, opening him to me and plunge inside.

Spike screams, tearing his mouth away from my neck, as I thrust into his tight hole. I think he’s only just realised what I’ve been doing. He was lost in the feeding and concentrating solely on that. I plunder his tight ass with force, revelling in the smell and feel of his cool blood lubricating his dry passage. When he manages to control the pain, he returns back to my throat, once again sinking his fangs in, and sucks desperately at my dark gift.

“Mine!” I scream, as my orgasm overtakes my body. My hand grasps his hair and I yank his head to the side. With a loud, claiming snarl, I dive for his throat, my fangs carelessly ripping open his jugular, and I lap at his blood. At last, he tastes of me again!

Spike’s POV:

I awake to the sound of screaming. A woman’s voice crying out, and begging for mercy. If that’s my sire doing the torturing - she’ll have none. Begging only increases his determination. The smell of vampire blood assaults my nose and I know who the female is - Harmony.

I pull myself up, my throat and ass still throbbing from my Sire’s rough handling. Bastard always gets the upper hand. He knows how to control and use everyone. Me, especially. Although, I can’t complain, I did get sire’s blood for the first time in over a century. Fucking powerful stuff that. I almost feel like my old self again. Almost - I‘ve still got the bloody chip! I look around my underground room, but Angelus and Harmony are no where to be seen. They must be above.

I hobble over to my clothes chest, pull out another pair of black jeans and pull them on. My ass stings with the contact of the rough, rigid material. Fucker must have torn me a new asshole. Angelus was never one for thinking about using lubricant. He likes the feel and smell of blood too much for that consideration. I wipe my dried cum from my chest with the ruined T-shirt and pull on another matching one. With a sore ass, I make my way upstairs to see my Sire at work.

Angelus was always so pernicious about his torturing. In the end, the bodies would be unrecognisable. That’s where he got his fun. The end result of his endeavours was a wondrous sight for him. I arrive upstairs to find Angelus crouched over Harmony’s disemboweled body. He’s done it just right so she’s still alive. Soon she’ll turn to dust from the blood loss. Harmony is still aware enough to recognise me as I approach.

“Spike...” she moans in a broken voice.

Angelus laughs, “Are you going to help her, Spikey? Go against your Sire?” His blood spattered face turns to face me. He’s deep in game face, beautiful, golden eyes staring into mine.

“No, Sire,” I reply, submissively.

With Angelus you always make sure you answer a direct question. He abhors being ignored. It’s easier just to answer him and get out of the verbal abuse. I know I’m the big bad, but Angelus has such a way with cruel words that he can easily break through my defences. Darla used to say that Angelus could bring his victims to their knees with just his words. He could make them beg for death, for release. I witnessed it many times during the short time we were together. I suffered it myself, so I make sure to avoid it as much as possible.

“She says she was your lover, Will,” he states, looking down at the girl’s broken body. “She’s far from what you’d usually choose. Given the choice, Spike - who would you fuck, her or me?”

“You, Sire,” I answer truthfully. Harmony’s eyes widen in amazement and Angelus delivers his final blow. His strong fist crushes her rib cage, destroying the heart inside. In seconds, all that remains of her is dust.

He’s not surprised I’ve chosen him. Even though he’s a complete psychopath, Angelus is still the most accomplished lover I’ve ever had. He’s a complete slut - or whatever the male equivalent is. He’d fuck anything that moved back in the day, still would from the smell of it. I can smell Harmony’s fluids upon him. Angelus stands up and brushes the dust from his leather jeans. He’s not wearing a shirt, and his muscles flex with each movement. Angelus is also a damn fine looking man - well, vampire.

I don’t know how Angelus is back or why. At this moment, I don’t know if I want to kill him or fuck him. This bloody chip has messed up my whole life. The only reason I’m not fighting Angelus right now is because he gave me his blood. If not I’d be staking him. That offer confused me. I mean, why did he feed me now, when he wouldn’t before? I was in that fucking wheelchair for months and he didn’t do a thing to help me. Why is helping me now? What’s he up to?

Angelus moves slyly over to me and wraps strong arms around my waist. He’s warm from a recent kill, and the smell of pain sticks to his skin.

“You’re wondering what I’m up to, aren’t you, Spike?” he murmurs into my throat. His rough tongue licks the line of the jugular and he nips with blunt teeth.

“I’m wondering if you’ll be sending the world into hell again, mate... err Sire,” I quickly correct myself. Getting him pissed off won’t get any information from him, but would most likely lead to another dry fucking.

“You don’t trust me, do you Childe?” he questions, chuckling softly in the back of his throat.

Yeah, about as far as I could bloody kick you, mate. I don’t say what I’m thinking, but smile lightly. “You have been known to be a little rash, Sire.”

Angelus laughs even more, licking my throat in-between chuckles. “I won’t send the world into hell again, lover. I’ve learned that little lesson. I like these...err happy meals... walking around. Anyhow, I can rule them without having to bring in the hell demons.”

Gods, what is it with him and world domination. Can’t he be happy with a good kill and a mind-blowing fuck after? Still, I wonder. If he needs a lieutenant, I won’t be much help with a chip. This situation could work to my advantage, then when I get the chip out - I kill him. Yeah, great plan.

“I will need you whole, Spike.” His hand runs through my hair, caressing my skull. Oh yeah, great fucking plan.

Angel’s POV:

It’s been a whole week since I came back. To me it feels like an eternity. An eternity of misery and suffering. For days I’ve been a walking zombie. I don’t want to feel, or speak, or do anything. I don’t sleep because every time I close my eyes I see that bright light. I see the light that promised me salvation. But I never reached it.

No, I got screwed again. They denied me peace *again*. All my fucking soul-ed existence I have been screwed. I lived with the grief for a hundred years, suffering every second for what Angelus did. Then I fell for the girl of my dreams, and finally, *finally* I thought that maybe I deserved a little happiness. Yeah, right. I got happy, Angelus was freed and I was condemned to the ether. I think that light was there again, but I can’t really remember. The next thing I knew, I was standing before the portal to hell and my beloved girlfriend stuck a sword through my gut. Then I spent centuries of mental and physical torture in hell, only to be returned back to the real world to become the Power’s warrior.

I thought I was on the right road. I believed I was working for redemption. Then Darla comes along. I saved her even though the price was high, but my sacrifice wasn’t worth shit. She still died, and ended up being turned back into what she was - a vampire. That soul I grew to know is dead and gone. I died for no reason.

Cordelia has been talking about getting me a psychiatrist. Talking over my problems. Yeah, I can just imagine that. Talking over what my vampire self did for a hundred and fifty years, how many people I knew in hell, and did he know that the afterlife really exists? I’d be in a straight jacket, lying in a padded cell, before you could blink an eye.

To end the debate about my mental health, I’ve decided to go on vacation. I told them I’m going to Vegas like Gunn suggested to have some fun. They like the idea, and offer words of encouragement as I pack the car. The truth is I have no intension of going to Las Vegas. For some reason, I need to go to Sunnydale. I don’t tell them, because it will lead to more angst and questions. I don’t believe I’m going to see Buffy. I don’t know why. I’m just drawn there for some reason. It’s like someone is waiting for me, and I have to go.

Spike’s POV:

It takes Angelus two days! Two days to find a way around my chip! He brought in this sorcerer he met a couple of hundred years ago, he does a quick spell, fries the little piece of technology into nothing, and I’m fucking free. Yes! Spike is out on the rampage again. Free to kill whomever he wants. The only problem with having Angelus helping me is that he wants repayment. Bastard never did anything for nothing. Consequently, I owe him. I don’t like it, but he’s freed me from the chip. So I guess I can stand him a little while longer. Well, until I get the opportunity to kill him that is.

Although, with the return of the saner version of Angelus, I never go wanting for physical release. Every night and morning is he raring to go. We suck, fuck, rut, kiss and I’m reluctant to give up his attentions. As I’ve said Angelus has a splendid body, great for fucking. Unfortunately the bastard can never give me everything I want. Angelus can’t love. He’ll never bend over either and invite me into that dark, tight place of his. Prick!

He’ll want, need, take, have, but he’ll give little in return. He gives (most of) his body, his blood, but never gives his heart or mind. I’ll never touch those things in my Sire. Not like I did with Dru before she left me. Shit, I won’t sulk over Angelus. I won’t remember what I’ve lost.

Now, I have to think about revenge. On the Slayer and her little slayer pillocks. That will take my mind off my needs. A good spot of pure violence and blood sport will take your mind of whatever ails ya. That’s what I’m doing now. I’ve talked to Angelus - in-between him shagging me - and we have agreed to use my chip to its full advantage. The Scooby's don’t know it's been fried, they’ll think I’m still harmless little Spike, who‘ll run and bring them back a bone. This is going to be so much fun. Fun which I haven’t had in months. The last time was torturing Angel. Damn, I get hard just thinking about his luscious body stretched from chains in the ceiling. His body that hung taut and open, ready for me to eat him up. Pity, I didn’t take advantage. Wait... Hold it... Angel’s luscious body? Nah, I was just wishing it was Angelus I was torturing, that’s all. I hate that soul-ed prick - Angel.

It’s just after dusk and I make my way to interrupt the early evening Scooby meeting. They’ll think I’m after blood or begging money. Then I’ll invite Angelus in and we’ll have ourselves a little blood fest. However, I might just torture them a little first, I’ve just killed three mortals tonight already, and I’m feeling a little bloated.

“What’s hap...pen...ing...?” What the fuck?

I can’t believe the sight I behold as I enter the watcher’s house. The only two people here are Giles and... and... Well, it can’t be... I think... its Angel! I take a deep breath and listen hard. Blood pumping, two heartbeats... Fuck! It’s an alive Angel. Living breathing Angel! Angel is standing in this room, talking to Giles. Living... *human* Angel!

“Angel?” I choke out. Bloody hell, what’s wrong with me? I feel like... like crying. “Angel?”

I have to touch him. He’s staring at me with wide eyes - wide human eyes. His skin looks so warm, so soft. He’s so full of living human blood. His heart beats strongly, and it’s like a drum pounding inside my head. He smells so sweet. So tasty.

“What the fuck is happening!?” I yell.

“Spike, what are you doing here?” Giles asks angrily.

Angel doesn’t say a word. He just studies me. Doing that whole human stuff off breathing in and out... wow! His chest... it’s so... erotic...

“How the hell are there two...” Shit! I nearly said it! “Two...err... pillocks standing around in here?” Damn, I sound like a right idiot.

“Spike, are you drunk again?” scolds Giles.

I give him a small grin. If they think I’m drunk they won’t wonder about what I said. “Sure mate, just wondering if you have more money about?” I slur. I might act a little drunk, but I can’t take my eyes of Angel. He’s just so juicy looking. All solid human flesh, warm human blood pounding under that tanned skin.

“No, Spike. I don’t have any money, now go back to your crypt and sleep it off.” Giles shoves me unceremoniously out of the door and slams it behind me.

I think I might be going into shock. That was *Angel* in Giles house. Living breathing Angel. Angel with the same body as my bastard Sire. How the hell does that work, surely there can’t be two of them? Although one is certainly human and the other most positively vampire. What the hell is happening?

I don’t leave the Watcher’ house. I observe them from the window. I can’t hear what they are talking about; I just have to watch Angel. He’s so different from Angelus. Everything is different. The way he moves, speaks, and even holds himself. He has this little nervous action I’ve never seen before. Every now and then he’ll worry his thumbnail with his teeth. Gods, he looks so... so cute.

“Spike!”

Damn it! I almost jump out of my skin when Angelus calls my name. I turn towards him and just stare shocked a moment at him. I look back inside the Watcher’s house. Angel is still there - still human. Before me is Angelus - still vampire and very much separate from his soul.

“You... You...” I stutter.

“Spike, what the fuck are you doing? We’re supposed to be slaughtering the Slayer bitch and her do-gooders. What...”

Angelus’s POV:

My fucking Childe is useless! You get the chip out for him and what does he do? Well, he messes my friggin’ plan up! He’s supposed to be inside the Watcher’s house, getting ready for my arrival. Instead, I find him standing outside, staring in through the window.

“Angelus, shut the fuck up! Look!” Spike hisses at me. My eyes flash golden at his disobedience, he’s heading for a good bout of torturing. I haven’t reintroduced him to that pleasure, yet. He’s annoying me just enough to... to...

“What the hell?”

Inside the Watcher’ house stands me! Me - my body. No... wait a moment. This body is alive. Even at this distance I can tell that. He’s tanned and flushed from his anger and pain. I can smell that from here. Strangely, I can also smell my Childe’ arousal. I give him a quick look. He’s almost drooling at the sight of that human body who looks like me - my twin in fact. His eyes take in every aspect, every curve of that living human male. I’ve never known my Childe ever to be this interested in another man. He accepts me because I am his Sire and he has to obey. He’s never got himself another male lover, human or vampire. This male seems to have caught my Childe’s full attention. Yet, it’s a strange response. He’s got the same body as me, the same face, but Spike doesn’t pant after me like that.

I growl warningly to get his attention. “Who is it?” I ask.

“It’s you... Well, not you you - but your body. I think... I think its Angel. He looked at me and I know he recognised me,” Spike babbles.

“So, Angel lives. He looks like me,” I observe. Inside, Angel and Giles seem to be having a heated discussion.

“Well, duh. Whatever brought you back brought Angel too,” my childe comments.

His assumption sounds reasonable. I have to wonder if I had been returned to earth by some spell. Maybe they brought me back the same way as Darla, yet different. Or something went wrong. It brought both Angel and me. Me vampire - him human. Now that opens up a whole new world of possibilities. I have my soul-ed half - in a mortal body - just begging for the picking. Angel who kept me imprisoned for over a century. The soul that sent me to the edge of insanity and back because of his overwhelming, stupid guilt. The soul I could easily kill this moment.

“Spike, the plan still holds. This time, however, we have something more interesting and pleasing to kill.”

I jump up and head over to the door. Unexpectedly, the solid weight of my Childe impacts on my back, sending us both sprawling to the ground. He kicks, punches and bites, with all his strength, but its not enough against his older, wiser Sire. With a good manoeuvre, which Spike never saw coming, I have him on his back with his arms twisted painfully under him. I loam over him, fangs dripping saliva with my craving to bite him. Spike is one tasty morsel, full of anger, pain and feeling. He’s so easy to arouse, to anger, to get the blood pumping and becomes so ripe to fuck. Our little tussle has made us as hard as steel.

“You’re not killing him,” Spike growls into my face. His own eyes flashing golden as he bares his fangs.

Then it hits me. “You want him!” I laugh, falling away from my Childe. I can’t believe it! Angel more than interests Spike, he turns him on. No wonder Spike hates him. Spike’s always had this problem fucking a man, then he hungers after one - and not in the feeding sense either. It’s laughable really. The mighty Spike, the big bad, lusting after a human soul. I realise then that hard-on wasn’t for me, but that warm-blooded version. A sudden surge of jealously runs through my body.

“You want to fuck him, don’t you Spike? You want that living-breathing version of me, or is it the soul you want?”

Spike doesn’t speak; he sits up and just glares at me. I know I’m right. I always am. I also have a new plan.

“You want to hurt the Slayer, Spike?”

“Yeah,” he answers cautiously.

“Well then, follow me.” I stand up, brushing the grass from my clothing and approach the Watcher’s door. Spike is a little confused, but then jumps up and follows me.

“What are planning, Angelus?” he asks guardedly. He doesn’t trust me, well; no one in his or her right minds should trust me.

“You want to taste the wares and I want to hurt the slayer, what better way than to kidnap Angel. She’s sure to start with the crying and falling apart routine. Then she’ll come looking for him, stupidly running into my hands and then I’ll kill her once and for all.”

Spike’s POV:

My Sire is bloody insane. I knew he’d get obsessed with the slayer again. Everything has to be about her! Still, it’s not a bad plan and at this moment, I don’t want him to kill human Angel. I don’t want him like Angelus thinks I do. I just want to... I just want... Enough with the bloody thinking!

“Okay, we do this your way, but don’t go killing Angel or I swear I’ll kill you.”

I stalk past my grinning Sire, and push the Watcher’s door open. Inside both Angel and Giles are arguing in some heated debate. Angel’s face has a slight flush, and his body smells of anger and warmed blood. He smells even better than he looks. I’ve just got to have a taste of him. With the sudden interruption both Angel and Giles turn in our direction.

“Spike, I told you to sleep it off! I don’t have... Oh, God!”

The Watcher’s face is a picture. I swear you could see the colour draining right out of his features.

“Hello again, Rupert.” Angelus steps forward into the light of the room. Neither Giles nor Angel can believe their eyes. I hear Giles’ heart skip a beat and he takes a step back. “He isn’t happy to see me, Spike,” comments Angelus with a smirk.

I bet he isn’t, not after the long, painful torture Giles suffered at the hands of Angelus last time. Giles rubs the two fingers on his hand that Angelus broke automatically. They’ve given him trouble ever since.

“Angelus,” murmurs Angel. His brown eyes wide and his bottom lip trembles with fear. No, not fear - expectation. Angel doesn’t fear Angelus; he’s surprised but not afraid. I want to know why? Even I have a little fear for Angelus. I know what the demon is capable off, just like Angel does. Angel moves in front of Giles, and stares directly at the vampire that once inhabited his body.

“What do you want, Angelus?” he questions. His voice strong and unwavering.

“Now there’s a loaded question,” Angelus laughs. “There are so many answers to that. What do I want? I want to bathe in hot blood, I want to bring nations to their knees, and I want power beyond your comprehension. I don’t reckon I’ll get those things, but what I want right now is to kill you.”

“I’m right here,” Angel answers. He tilts his head in a provocative manner, exposing his throbbing jugular vein. “Kill me,” Angel commands Angelus.

I watch Angel’s body language. I take in how his body doesn’t shake, how he doesn’t smell of fear. He wants this! He wants Angelus to kill him.

“No!” I shout, unable to keep silent. “Angelus, you promised me!” Fuck it! I am so disgustingly weak.

Contrary to everyone else’s beliefs I don’t want Angel dead. This soul - this now living human - is so full of layers, little quirks that could interest me for centuries. It’s amazing how over the years, the way he changes. One moment he’s trying to sacrifice himself so Dru doesn’t grow strong from the ritual we performed, then he fights for his lady love, later he leaves said love to wallow again in grief for his past deeds. A soul that felt responsible for things he never did. And then you see flashes of someone else - maybe the original person - the one named Liam. You see his fire, his quick wit, his determination, and his seduction. I think I fell for that seductive part of Angel. Also I’ve always wondered what it would be like to make love to someone. I’ve never done that. On daytime TV it’s supposed to be the ultimate thing. I know Angelus would never make love. He fucks, ruts or screws, but nothing with gentleness or consideration. I’ve thought about making love like that to the slayer, and strangely another male - Angel.

Angelus turns to me and gives me a large fanged filled grin. “I have no desire to kill him, Childe. I was talking about the Watcher. What a perfect message for me to leave for my beloved, Buff.”

With a single leap, Angelus knocks Angel to the floor, and lands on the Watcher’s chest. He screams as his rib cages caves in from the brutality of Angelus blow. Angel jumps up from the floor and dives on top of Angelus. They struggle for a moment, but Angelus throws him easily. Angel is after all only human now, and Angelus is a 250-year-old vampire.

I notice that none of them have thought about me standing here. Both Giles and Angel still believe I’m helpless. Unable to touch their human skins. Well, that’s were they're wrong. As Angel picks himself of the floor, and attacks Angelus again, I fly at his throat. He gives a loud yell off surprise as my fangs enter his warm skin. His hands desperately try and push me off, but I cling to him, crushing him to my own body. He feels so warm, so hard. My hands grasp his short hair, pulling his head back roughly. He cries out again as his neck clicks, and he finally sinks into unconsciousness.

It’s so damn hard to stop myself feeding. He tastes so good on my tongue. So warm. So alive. But so sad. A great weight rests on his shoulders. A great sorrow that wears down his soul. Bloody hell, I’ve got to stop thinking about him, or I’ll be sprouting bloody poetry soon! Now, back to the job at hand.

While I dealt with Angel, my Sire has restrained the Watcher. Giles watches us with wide, frightened eyes, but he doesn’t say a word. He’s like that all the time we torture him too. Not a word. While we drained him dry, leaving his broken, deformed body on the floor for the slayer to find, he never made a sound. You have to respect that courage. Or it could be because Angelus cut his tongue out to begin with. Hmmm... After finishing with the now dead Watcher, Angelus leaves a message written in his blood. Not very original though.

“I’m back!” He must think he’s that bloody Arnold Swa...whatever... chap.

Angel’s POV:

Slowly, the world comes back into painful focus. It’s not a welcomed feeling, I’d much rather have stayed unconscious. Nevertheless, my body calls for necessities like food and the bathroom. Also it craves something to replace the blood Spike has taken from me. I had forgotten how painful being drained was. I open my eyes slowly to this new place. I didn’t expect to find myself at Giles, and I presume he’s dead. I can only grieve for him now. As the room comes into focus, to my horror I recognise my own bedroom back at the Hyperion in LA. The first thought was maybe it had never happened... well, I hope that it hasn’t. I’m weak, in pain, and tied to the bed, so yes, it had happened. Angelus was free. Spike was un-chipped. Giles was now - well, I’m 100% sure he’s dead now. Angelus would have left his body as a gift to Buffy, a message to say he was back to haunt her again.

I’m confused about why Angelus brought me back to the Hyperion. I’m assuming he knows everything I did up to my death. I’ve witnessed enough magic in my time to understand how spells can backfire in the most unusual and terrifying ways. I’m assuming this is one of them. Wesley used the scroll to bring me back, but at the same time, my guess is that it also brought my other demon half back - Angelus, in all his psychotic glory. I know that at this moment, I’m fragile and human, so easy to break and I’m assuming I that will be my ex-demon’s next victim. I held him prisoner for over a century. There’s no way he’s going to leave me in peace after that.

I look around the room, noticing that the furniture has been moved around a little. Nothing is close to the bed, and my weapons have been cleared out of the room. Very slowly, since my head spins from blood loss, I try and sit up. To my surprise my wrists have been left unchained, and I carefully move my feet. Ah! Large chains are secured around my ankles, attaching me to the bedposts. There is no way this weak human body could ever break those chains; even my vampire one would have great difficulty.

I sigh and fall back as my head throbs, and my eyes dim. There is no escape, and I don’t know what Angelus has in store for me... Suddenly, I hear a lock being turned, and the bedroom door opens.

Spike enters, carrying a large tray covered with a cloth. I notice he’s dressed in his usual attire, smelling faintly of sex. Even with Human senses you can’t miss it. I guess he’s back with Angelus again. I know about their relationship. Angelus loves hard vampire bodies he can do almost anything with. Spike grins when he notices I’m awake, and sits down on the bed beside me. To my surprise he pulls back the cloth, and reveals a plate of food and some orange juice.

“Here, luv, drink this,” Spike tells me, as he offers me the glass. He leans forward and slips his hand under my neck, helping me lift my pounding head. “It will help with the blood loss,” he comments.

I stare into his large, pure blue eyes as he presses the glass to my lips. I hadn’t realised I was so thirsty, and I drink all of the juice down. Spike smiles at me as I do, just as if he was feeding a child.

“Thanks,” I mumble. When the glass is drained he puts it aside.

“There’s some food as well,” Spike tells me softly.

His voice is so strange; it’s almost gentle. I’ve never heard Spike talk like this, especially to me. He puts a tray on my lap, and helps me to sit up. The world tilts a little and my ears buzz, but I remain upright. I guess he took quite a bit of blood. I wonder how long I’ve been unconscious - and what the hell has happened while I have been?

Spike retreats to the end of the bed, and just watches me while I eat. He doesn’t seem interested in making conversation, which is good because I have no idea what to say to him. He is Angelus’ childe, and I, Angel never really knew him. We were enemies; we didn’t talk about day to day things.

The food is simple, toast, cheese, and fruit for dessert. I eat it all, because I need my strength to escape. After I’ve finished, Spike unchains my feet, and helps me to stand. It would have been a good opportunity to fight him, but I can’t even stand on my own. My legs won’t stop wobbling as I walk towards the bathroom, and I need his support just to stay upright. I’ve never felt as weak as this. I’ve never been this ill since my return. Spike leaves me while I attend to my business in the bathroom. Afterwards, I wash my face, and realise I must have slept a good day or more, as there is dark stubble on my cheeks and upper lip.

I leave the bathroom, once again in silence; Spike leads me back to the bed, and replaces the chains around my ankles. I try to speak to him, but Spike presses a long finger to my lips for silence. I can only stare into his ice blue eyes. They are so purely blue, so clear and bright. It was something I’d never noticed before. His finger feels cool on my warm lips and he lets it linger. Finally, he draws away, heaves a large sigh, and with rounded shoulders walks out of my room.

Something just happened here. I don’t know what it was. I haven’t a clue why I feel as I do. I feel as though Spike truly cared about me, and he acted concerned for my welfare. He had fed me, cleaned me, and then returned me to a comfortable bed. I felt as though he had wanted to care for me. No... It’s a stupid feeling. Spike would never feel anything for me. He hates me. I took away his Sire, his Yoda - whatever that means.

I don’t know how long I slept, but I awoke to feel a cool hand on my leg. It was a little alarming that my first hope was that it would be Spike touching me. I don’t know if that thought frightened me or aroused me. No, I think in the end, it just shocked me. The hand on my leg is rough as it pushes up my trouser leg. I instantly opened my eyes, knowing it wouldn’t be Spike.

“So you’re awake,” rumbles Angelus’ voice in the darkness. With human vision I could only see a shadow amongst shadows. One shadow moved, and instantaneously a hand wrapped around my throat. “I’ve been wondering what it would be like to taste you,” Angelus growls into my ear. He moves back slightly, and I stare into two golden, glowing eyes in the darkness.

“Kill me,” I demand back. I don’t know why the words just slipped out, but they did. I can’t help it. A part of me wants to go back to that bright light. I can’t see any reason why not to. That’s what me and Giles were arguing about. My life, my death, Buffy, the reasons why I shouldn’t be in her life, the reasons why I should live. I got so sick of those reasons. Now this creature could take that away. He hates me with a passion. “I imprisoned you for a century,” I hiss, “take your revenge!”

There is silence for a long period, but suddenly Angelus speaks; “You were right, Spike.” Angelus immediately moves away from my throat and looks over into the shadows. A light is switched on, but it takes a moment before my eyes adjust. Finally, I perceive Spike standing by the door. There’s a sad look on his face.

“I told you he wants to die, Angelus. I knew you had to see it for yourself.”

“Just fucking do it!” I scream. I can’t take this shit! What the fuck are they doing? Demons’ don’t care about humans. They don’t care about my life, how I feel! “Kill me; take your revenge... whatever, just fucking do it!” Tears are streaming down my face, as I can’t hold back the tide any longer.

“Why, Luv? You’re human; you could have a normal life, a family.”

“No, I can’t! I can’t... I want to go back... I want the light... I want to be freed... Please... My life is worthless... just take it. Please!” I’m sobbing now. My body starts to tremble as the pain and sorrow overtakes me.

“You’re not worthless, luv.” Spike moves from the door, and sits by me on the bed. His cool hand brushes my damp hair from my forehead. His tender touch causes me to weep even more.

“He’s angry at the Powers,” Angelus rightly guesses. “They’ve screw him over all the time. Took his human life, returned his human soul into a demon’s body. They made him remember my crimes. They took the only woman he’s ever loved. They stole his soul, and left him stranded in the ether. They screwed with Darla’s second chance.”

“Yes!” I scream. “So just fucking end it. I know you want me dead, just finish it now!”

“You think we want revenge,” Angelus replies with a laugh. “We do, but not on you. We’ve been screwed with too. Humans gave my Childe a chip, they banished me into the depths of my own body, and they denied you your redemption. The world has a lot to pay for, and now it’s payback time.”

“What?” I whisper. I’m surprised at the part where he’s not thinking just for himself, but also I’m shocked that he cares about me being screwed over. Why should he? I mean he despised me, hated me because I was the soul who controlled his demon body, even though I sure as hell didn’t want to be there.

“Do you want them to pay, Angel?” he whispers. He leans closer, pressing his body to Spike’s back.

I can’t answer. I don’t know the answer; I don’t know what I want anymore. I just want an end to this emptiness I feel. Spike presses his palm against my face and looks into my eyes.

“Can I have him, Sire?” Spike begs Angelus, changing the subject.

Huh? What?!

Spike’s POV:

Angel’s eyes widen at my request. The truth is, I need to have him. I need to know what he feels like under me. All that warm human flesh, all that pain and misery, all that hatred inside him. I want to taste his blood again. I want to flush him right out of my system.

“Spike, my boy, that’s the best suggestion you’ve had all night. Something to get our minds off the problem.” Angelus leans over Angel and presses his lips to the human’s warm mouth. Angel gasps in disgust and shock, pulling back as far as his chains will let him.

Angelus moves from his spot behind me, one knee pressed onto the bed. He leans over and grasps Angel’s hair. Angelus’ mouth once again finds that warm human one, and he ravages with lips and teeth.

“No...” Angel moans. You can’t believe how arousing two identical men are kissing each other. Well, not entirely identical. One is human, one is vampire. One has long hair, the other short. There are also differences in skin tone, strength and how they carry themselves. Angelus is all power and ego. Angel is guilt and suffering, but he has something Angelus could never grasp. He has the ability to love, to care, to really feel about something. I see all those emotions in his expressive eyes.

Angel’s had enough of Angelus’ ravishing of his mouth, and punches him hard in the stomach. Angelus falls back with a gasp and a look of gleeful surprise. I guess he didn’t think Angel had the strength or will to fight back. Angel might want death, but he’s surprisingly defensive with the self-preservation bit. He’s fighting Angelus off, with every drop of strength. I think deep down inside he’s just lacking direction, and really wants to live. I know how that feels. I felt that through my pathetic stage after the chip. It was so embarrassing, I nearly off-ed myself with a bloody stake.

Angelus laughs as he falls back on the bed from Angel’s punch. Angel sits up, still looking a little queasy, and tries to grab at his ankle chains. Angelus nods at me, and I unfasten Angel’s legs. He reminds still a moment, looking dazed as I release him. Then he’s off the bed and trying to run to the door. He doesn't make it. He stumbles and trips, his legs still unable to fully support him. Angelus jumps off the bed, picks up Angel’s human body, and throws him back on the mattress.

I lean forward and grasp his face with both hands. “Angel, you know this will happen. The only choice you have is who goes first. Angelus or me.” His eyes look frantically back and forth between us. He understands what I mean about wanting him. He knows what my Sire and I did with our human pets. He recognises what’s coming.

Angel looks resigned and finally answers, after a deep, weary sigh; “Spike.”

With a howl of joy, I attack Angel’s mouth with my own. He’s so warm and soft against my hard, cold mouth. I can’t understand why I want him like I do. I just need to touch him, just once. I’ve wondered for years what Angel - not my Sire Angelus - would be like to touch. How he would caress back? Would he be gentle or rough? Passionate or cold? Would he be as Angelus is, fast and furious or tender and deep?

“You know Angel, Spike really fancies you.” Angelus laughs as he sprawls on the bed next to us. He gives me a wicked smirk, making me growl at him. Sometimes I hate how my Sire knows things. He knew I’d been wanted Angel ever since we were at the Watcher‘ s house. He’d worked out why I was hard, that it wasn’t for him but his human self. I think there is a little jealously there also. I wonder for whom, Angel or me? Maybe I should work that angle. Well, not now because at this instant I want to shag Angelus‘ human half.

He’s still recovering from the blood loss, so Angel’s small attempts at resistance are only that - attempts. I pull away from his warm mouth and look down into his flushed face. He tries to catch his breath, his lips swollen from my attack. I lick over them, chuckling softly as he tries to turn away. My hand grabs his chin, and I squeeze harshly forcing his mouth open. I love his little gasp, as I shove my tongue back inside. I kiss him again, until he’s gasping and panting for breath. His huge chest taking in large gulps of air. Damn, I wanna see that warm skin. I rear up, and start ripping at his clothing. His shirt and t-shirt are shreds within seconds, as I attack his wide chest. I bite hard, brown nipples and under his left one, under his tanned skin, I hear his heartbeat. Regular drum he’s got there - no worries about giving Angel a heart attack.

Angel moans softly, his teeth worrying his bottom lip, trying to hold it all inside. Warm hands push at my shoulders trying to stop my attack on his body. I look over at Angelus and he grins knowingly. Angelus strong pale hands take hold of Angel’s warmed tanned ones. They are the same, large with thick fingers. It’s amazing that those powerful hands can draw such heartbreaking perfect pictures. I wonder if they both have that talent now, or was it Angelus or maybe Angel who had the touch. I’m guessing it originated from Angel’s fine hands.

Angelus lifts Angel’s arms above his head, holding them secure with vampire strength. Angel writhes under me, and I smell a sudden hint of panic, but then he gives another deep sigh. He’s resigned himself to being raped. Although I hadn’t wanted this to be rape, I wanted some acceptance of his part. I slowly crawl back up Angel’s body and smile down at his beautiful face.

“I’m not going to rape you, Angel,” I murmur, as I kiss his warm, hot lips. I move down to his ear and whisper as softly as I can. “I want to love you.” I don’t know if Angelus heard but he says nothing. I shift back until I can see into Angel’s eyes. They are wide and confused. I know what he’s thinking. He’s thinking I hated him, I do, but I want him more. There were times when I could have killed Angel, but I never took advantage of those opportunities. I knew this soul would always refuse my advances, but now I have the upper hand. He’s half-naked, human, and I think maybe partially willing and under me. This time I’m taking advantage.

I crush my lips to his taste his spicy favour. I just can’t get enough of his human temperature skin. It’s so different from his twin‘s. Angel relaxes a little, opening his mouth, and allowing my tongue to taste inside. I kiss him with an intensity I’ve never touched another being with before. Not with Angelus, who’s watching us with growing arousal. My Sire says nothing as I kiss his human counterpart. He lies beside us, his hands holding Angel’s arms above his head.

Finally, after long minutes I break away from Angel’s mouth, leaving him gasping for much needed air. His chest heaves under mine, as he tries desperately to fill his aching lungs. I pull back a little and look upon his face. His hot breath caresses my throat, his lips are bruised, and his eyes closed, long dark lashes flutter against his cheekbones. They say that Lucifer had the face of an angel, I wonder if I can make this Angel fall. If I can make this human soul love a demon like me. I’m not going to change for him; I wouldn’t stop killing for anyone. So could I make him love a cold-blooded murderer? I kiss him again and his tongue searches hungrily for mine. I think that maybe I can.

When I release Angel’s mouth for a second time, he pants heavily trying to catch his breath. Breathing more of his hot breath upon my skin, making me shiver each time. My hands travel down his wide, hard chest. He’s a little thinner than Angelus, maybe not eating right. His ribs are more defined and his stomach concave. I adore these small differences between him and my Sire. My fingers finally reach his navel and they swirl around the dip. He moans softly, his eyes closed and refusing to look at me, but his body presses into my caress.

“You could do with losing weight, Angelus. It would look good on you,” I laugh, licking at Angel’s *warm* navel.

Angelus growls at me, but remains silent. I know he’s watching all of this with keen interest. He’s also incredibly hard, his leather pants stretched tight over his growing erection.

“I think we’re a little over dressed, don’t you, Angel?”

Angel doesn’t answer me, but shudders. I feel like moaning myself when his silken skin twitches under my fingers. Mmm...going to make him do more of that. I shift away from Angel’s human body and pull my T-shirt over my head. I throw it to the ground, which enlists a loud growl from Angelus. Bloody hell, he’s a vampire, why does he have to be so anal about tidiness? When he’s killing it doesn’t matter where the blood splatters, but he moans about my T-shirt!

I look up at Angel’s face to see his eyes are open, and looking at the discarded T-shirt. Fuck! I don’t need two of them. Next thing I do is get Angel out of that habit. I jump off the bed, quickly stripping out my jeans, and throwing them and the T-shirt on to a chair. That’s all they are getting. I give Angel a cheeky grin as he looks over my body. I think he finds my tight erection very interesting and quickly shuts his eyes.

Angelus laughs at me and at Angel’s embarrassment, and quickly strips out of his own clothing. Anal retentive bugger folds each article, placing them on top of my discarded clothing. I roll my eyes, and then we both turn our attention to the half-clothed body on the bed. Angelus pounces with one movement, holding down Angel’s arms, while I rip off his jeans. Poofy black boxers follow them into shreds on the floor. Angel yells in surprise, his body trying to curl away from my staring eyes.

“Are you hot, Angel?” I ask. I see the reason for his embarrassment now. Buggers as hard as rock. His long, thick penis is blood engorged and pressing into his smooth stomach. Tiny drops of pre-cum drip from the exposed rosy head onto his warm skin. I’ve never tasted live semen before; I wonder if he tastes different from Angel.

“Arrgh!” Angel screams as I dive onto the bed and in one swift movement take his cock into the back of my throat. His just so fucking warm! He writhes under me, his chest rising and falling rapidly as he tries to calm himself. His hot cock tastes so good as it warms my tongue and throat, and each drop of pre-cum is like fire against my sensitive inner walls. In quick desperation, I suck him down. I want him to cum, and soon. I want to feel that hot jism flood my mouth. I want to feel him thrash under me as he climaxes.

I give a quick look up at Angelus and groan deeply. He’s leaning over Angel’s face, studying every muscle movement that his face makes. Every flutter of his eye-lids, every flare of his nose, every curl of his lips, and licks his own lips in time with Angel‘s hot pink tongue as it flicks out. I continue my ministrations, watching Angel and Angelus face each other. Angel cannot see the intensity of Angelus’ stare, his eyes are squeezed shut as his orgasm nears, but I bet he can feel its intensity. His skin is getting this very red flush. Suddenly, without warning, Angelus crushes his mouth to Angel’s.

Angelus dominates his human clone’s lips, trying to get his cool tongue down that hot throat. Angel groans and arches off the bed. He’s being attacked from two sides. Both areas are heavily stimulated. Angelus on his mouth and my mouth around his cock. My own length throbs wildly, but I divert all my attention to my human Angel. I ignore my hardness and push my hands onto Angel’s hips, holding him down onto the mattress. I put all my effort now into bringing him off. It won’t take long; I feel his cock pulsing inside my mouth already. The vein on the underbelly is doing a tap-dance against my tongue. I turn my ministrations to hard caressing as my tongue flicks against his cock head. I want to savour his cum; I want it to fill my mouth. His dick swells slightly and I increase my licking.

Angel screams into Angelus’ mouth and orgasms, his cum shooting directly onto my tongue. He’s hot and flavoursome. He tastes like Angelus, but warmer, and there is also a hint of something uniquely Angel. A taste of sorrow and... sweet pastry? Really weird, maybe I should call him Angelcakes? I loose control of myself a little after that. His warm semen aroused my demon side, and my fangs elongate. A little nip won’t hurt. Gently, I ease a fang into his blood-engorged flesh making Angel scream. I’m not sure if it’s from pain or pleasure, but I’m sure getting a lot of pleasure as his blood spurts into my mouth. I only take a little and lick the cut closed with my tongue, and a little vampire healing magic.

After licking his length clean, I find that to my surprise he’s already starting to harden again. I guess my biting didn’t turn him off too much. He might be human, but he’s got a good recovery time. I move up his body so I straddle his chest. Angelus abandoned his mouth as Angel climaxed, I assume he wanted to watch this lovely body twist and squirm in the height of passion.

The smell of human sweat now fills the room, but only adds to our arousal. I look down at Angel, his forehead covered with a slight sheen of sweat, his eyes closed, and his mouth parted as he pants. I lick my lips again, and suddenly I have my Sire attached to them. His cool tongue searches inside my mouth, tasting every drop of Angel’ climax left there. Angel groans at the sight, but abruptly, covers his eyes with his arm. His body begins to trembling again, and I smell tears.

“Angelus, I want him,” I tell my sire and he grasps what I mean. Angelus moves away from my body and grabs Angel. He yelps a little, trying to pull away, but his human body can’t fight off his vampire copy. Angelus manhandles him roughly, pulling him into his arms so Angel rests against his chest. Angelus reaches down with his long, strong arms, and slides them under Angel’ thighs. My Sire’s actions pull Angel’s legs apart and up. I groan as I watch the long strong leg muscles strain against Angelus actions. Angel biting his lips as he tries to close his legs. Damn, if he were a whore I’d pay a bloody fortune for this sight.

Angelus shifts Angel roughly in his arms, lifting Angel’s knees almost to his shoulders. The human’s body trembles, and he moans as my Sire stretches him open. I can’t help but whimper as Angel’s hips roll forward, and I stare at that stunningly tight, totally untouched entrance which is revealed to me. He’s totally untouched, virginal - I can smell it. He’s just waiting for me to fuck and claim him. Damn, I’ve never had a virgin before.

“Angelus, will I be his first?” I ask my Sire. I already know the answer, but I want Angel to be fully aware of this fact as well. I lean over the sweating, hot human, and press my body against his warm one. My cock pushes up so I’m aligned with his tight butt cheeks and he groans. His breath comes in short gasp; warm air caressing my chest.

“Unless he’s been very busy in the last week, I’d say he’s totally untouched,” Angelus replies with a fanged filled grin. He knows what I’m getting at. I’m surprised he’s going to let me take this virgin version of himself, but so far he’s done nothing to stop me. So I’m just gonna have my fun.

Angel’s POV:

Oh shit! No! I never realised that I’m in a totally new human body. A body untouched by everyone - in a sense a virgin. During the week I’ve been back, I haven’t slept with anyone; I didn’t want to be near anyone in that way. I wanted death and nothing more, and yet, I couldn’t kill this human body. I couldn’t do the deed myself.

“No,” I cry in desperation as Spike presses onto my chest. My legs are stretched further apart by Angelus’ rough, strong hands, holding me secure and open. If I hadn’t have kept my memories as a vampire; I wouldn’t know why this is so important. When Angelus turned William, he was totally virginal too. When a vampire is the first, when they claim you with a bite during sex, it creates a certain bond. When that human is then turned, the new fledging has greater ties to the sire, and a greater sexual need that is only quenched by the Sire’s touch. That’s why Spike and Drusilla were so distraught when Angelus left them. They had strong bonds to the their sire. If Spike takes me now, making him my body’s first, I would be bonded to him too. Then later, the bond will only increase his desire to turn me. I just can’t allow that. I want death, not a un-life!

“No!” I howl. Spike grins down at me and licks over my nipples. With my free hands I try to push his cool body off. I can’t! I’m just not strong enough. I still haven’t recovered all my human strength from being drained! Spike brutally grabs my wrists and holds my hands down on the bed. His hold is so constricting that my fingers throb as the blood supply is cut off. His hard, cool cock presses against my entrance and he thrusts forward a little. I yelp as his cock opens me a little, a feeling I’ve never experienced.

“No, please...” I start to sob, as the pain and panic blossoms inside me.

“Angel, I can make this extremely painful for you. Or if you don’t fight too much, I promise you’ll come from it.” Spike leans down and licks my cheeks, collecting the warm salty tears.

His hard, whipcord body rubs seductively against mine, and I can’t hold back the moan. He’s so cool next to my heat, so familiar to me. Sometimes I miss being as cool as him. I miss the silence of not having a heartbeat. No! I don’t want to be a vampire again! I want the peace that light promised me.

I groan as Spike continues his sensual rubbing, the sweet fiction of his chest rubbing against my cock and sac. What the fuck! I’m sure I’ll find another way to die, soon. I stop my struggling and lie back against Angelus’ chest.

“Okay,” I concede defeat to these vampire’s superior strength. I know if I don’t, Spike will take me, probably causing long-term damage and pain to my fragile human body. Spike kisses me frantically with my acceptance, his cool tongue dominating my mouth. I let him ravish me, biting my lips and plundering my mouth. Strangely, however, a small part - a growing part - is frighteningly getting aroused by his aggressiveness and need. That small part has cried out for someone to take... want me so desperately like I’ve never been wanted before. Why does it have to be Spike of all people that affects me like this?

“Ahh...” I can’t help but yell, in shocked surprise, as cool fingers press inside my passage. Spike swiftly draws away from my mouth, but I can’t see what he’s doing because Angelus now fights to kiss my lips. I think Spike turns my head and Angelus nips hungrily. I let my vampire copy plunder my mouth, making me gasp for breath whenever I can. I feel like screaming and crying as his cool tongue tries to dive down my throat, the violence of his touch making me remember his past rapes of others. Instead, I concentrate on Spike, as his cool hands roam down my body to finally press against the back of my thighs. I can’t move an inch away from his touch. Angelus’ hard body is behind me, his arms holding my legs apart and pulled up to my chest, making it impossible to move. Then his mouth is attached to mine, making it hard to draw breath. Spike hands have released my own, but I let them remain on the bed. I said I wouldn’t fight and I won’t, but I won’t willingly touch Spike. I won’t caress him as he fucks...rapes me.

I feel Spike’s long thin finger press inside my hole. It burns as the muscle stretches and I cry out into Angelus’ mouth. He growls back, angry that I’ve interrupted his kissing. Down below, another finger is added to my anus, and again the same sharp burn. Spike pistons his digits in and out violently, and as he continues the burning sensation fades away and is replaced by a sensual throbbing. As Angel or even within my memories of Angelus, no man has ever been allowed to fuck us. Angelus won’t because of his position and I didn’t because I was more interested in women. Now, I have no position and am held captive by my vampire self and childe. I’m reduced to being nothing but their toy.

I sob into Angelus’ kiss, but he takes no notice, and just continues to plunder my mouth. I sigh as Spike finally removes his slick thrusting figures, but seconds later they are replaced by something much larger.

“Ohh...” I cry, as his thick cock head presses against my untouched hole. His fingers work to part me, allowing his shaft to slide in a little. “No...” I pant, panicked as the burning returns. I never thought anything that big could ever mange to fit inside me. I have memories of fucking Spike, but I never really thought about how it feels to stick a cock up your ass. Spike continues to press forward until his cock head is totally encased by my anus. The burning continues for a while, but I realise he’s purposely holding still a moment. He did say he could make it good for me. I become conscious of Spike’s gentle rubbing of the sensitive tissues around my stretched asshole, getting the sphincter to relax and let him in.

“What is he like, Childe?” Angelus growls as he abandons my mouth. Finally, I can look down. The sight is slightly distressing and a little... well, arousing. My body certainly isn’t complaining about the pain like my mind is. My cock is surprisingly hard and pressed up tight against my stomach. Further down, I can see Spike’s long shaft cut off short, the other half already inside my body. I note he’s used his own blood as lubricant, unexpectedly this doesn’t unsettle me for over the centuries I’ve grown used to the sight of blood. I whimper and both vampires laugh.

“Are you liking this, Angel?” Angelus hisses into my ear. I shudder as his aroused voice. Then I howl, as all of a sudden he pulls my legs wider apart, and back, exposing more of Spike’s cock and my ass to his scrutiny. “Do you like my Childe’s cock up your ass? Do you feel it stretching you open, taking your precious virginity?” he whispers seductively while sucking my ear lobe. “Do you like being his bitch?”

“You’re so fucking tight,” Spike chokes out. He leans towards me and slowly presses forward again. His cock moves deeper inside, stretching internal muscles, moving around in my rectum, and making my insides quiver. “Can you feel how strongly you grip me, Angel? You want me inside, don’t you?”

I shake my head, unable to answer. It’s hard talking when eight inches of Spike’s length is already inside you and he as some more to go. With one quick thrust, that makes me cry out again, he’s inside. His balls rub against my butt cheeks, as he circles his hips, settling himself deep inside my rectum. He leans over, pressing his body to the back of my thighs; his long fingered hands gripping my forearms. His so close to me that I feel his cool unnecessary breath on my face.

“Put your arms around my neck, Angel,” Spike commands, as he captures my mouth in another ardent kiss. I don’t speak, but my body automatically obeys. My warm arms slip around his neck and I hold on tight. Behind me, I feel Angelus start to lick my throat, and I know his eyes are affixed to Spike’s cock and what he’s doing to me. I try to push Angelus’s presence to the back of my mind, trying to stay calm and sane as Spike starts to move.

Spike withdraws his cock and slowly thrusts back inside. His length pokes and prods at tender tissue making me moan again. Moaning and groaning are all I’m really capable of doing at this moment. He watches me intensely, as he experimentally thrusts a few times. His plunges become stronger, and he draws out more and more, until only his cock head is inside and then he forcefully drives back in. I start to gasp with each pump. Spike smiles and now, when he’s fully encased he lands a harsh kiss on my lips. He’s making sure my whole attention is focused completely on him and what his penis is doing to my insides.

Spike starts to pound inside me with fast, deep thrusts. His cock stimulating my ass and bowels in a way I’d never dreamed off. Out of the blue, Spike changes his angle of entry and I scream.

“Fuck!” I cry. Spike had found my prostate and he uses this knowledge well. Each pump after hits that spot on target. I start to writhe and thrash between these two solid vampire bodies. My mind shutting down, just concentrating on the overwhelming sensations of pleasure and pain, and the electric shocks I get each time he touches that extraordinary spot. “More... Harder...” I start to beg, my pleasure controlling my mouth.

“Fucking beautiful bitch, isn’t he, Spike?” I hear Angelus ask his childe. The words sound so distant, and I don’t care what he says. Angelus licks my throat and I shudder knowing what’s going to come.

“*My* fucking beautiful bitch,” Spike growls back at his sire. Though the haze of pleasure, I see Spike’s face change from perfect human features to vampiric ones. His golden eyes stare into mine and he licks long fangs. His cock pounds harder and deeper inside. I’m on the wave of passion, my body, and my heart thumping with blissful agony. Between us my cock throbs angrily, and if on cue, Spike wraps one cool hand around it and rubs his thumb over the head. I didn’t expect that. I thought he’d forget about my pleasure, and his promise to bring me off.

“*Mine*,” Spike growls possessively, staring deep into my eyes. I pant desperately trying to breathe, as my orgasm overtakes my body. “*Mine*,” he growls again.

Bright lights flash before my eyes and my cock shoots its load onto Spike’s hairless chest. With my orgasm, Spike rears up, pounding even more frantically inside me. I feel his cock head swell, encased by my sensitive and bruised flesh. My anus shudders around his cock and I grip him tighter. The feeling is so intense, I swear I cum again. My body shakes as in orgasm my ass contracts around Spike‘s cock, making him howl.

“Angel!” he screams as his throbbing dick spews out his dead seed inside me. It floods my burning channel, cooling the ache of his pounding.

Swiftly, Angelus rears up behind me, pushing both Spike and myself down onto to the bed. Spike falls beneath me and cuddles my trembling, sweaty body. His softening cock slips from my thoroughly fucked ass, and Angelus lifts my hips. I should have realised he’d be next. Angelus prods at my opening with his fingers a few times, swirling Spike’s cum around.

“Ready for me, bitch?” he snarls, as his strong fingers dig into my hips, and claw-like nails rip into my delicate human flesh. He growls at the smell of blood, and aligns his huge member at my anus.

I try to twist away from him, but Spike holds my body to his, preventing my escape. I look down and I must be mistaken, but I see a hint of sorrow in Spike’s eyes. It’s almost as if he’s sorry that Angelus is about to rape me. I feel like sobbing at Angelus’ first violent thrust. I arch, frenziedly try to grab behind me. Instead, Spike captures my hands, and places them either side of his head. I hold myself up on my elbows as Angelus starts to thrust into my ass. My whole body starts shaking at the brutality of his taking. His thrusting becomes even more frenzied as I feel myself tear and the tears begin again.

Under me, Spike’s surprisingly gentle hands cup my face; his fingertips wipe away my tears and kiss my lips with extreme tenderness. I weep even more at his uncharacteristic actions. Spike doesn’t stop caressing my face as Angelus rapes me, kissing my lips with a soothing cool tongue, and licking away my tears. My body is going to go insane with the sensations of tenderness at one end and cruelty at the other. One slim hand moves to run down my chest, tweaking hard nipples and then grasping my flaccid length. Spike touch is so soft, so loving and warm. While Angelus violently fucks me, tearing me, and starting to cause painful pleasure.

Under Spike’ administrations my cock hardens again, and he starts to rub his own erect length against mine. His hands return to my face and neck, caressing me tenderly. His lips seek mine, and I give myself over to his demanding kisses, allowing my tongue to play with his. Angelus continues to pound hard, but the pain is fading, transformed into intense delight. My ass starts it’s own mini-orgasm again, making Angelus howl. I look down into Spike’ face, his eyes golden and dilated, his pink tongue licking long dripping fangs, and I welcome what will happen next. Strangely, I don‘t fear it - I want it.

With sudden, swift movements both vampires imbed their fangs into my throat. I scream my climax, more of my seed covering Spike’ cool skin. My torn anus clenches around Angelus’ cock, and he too orgasms deep inside. Under me Spike is last, his arms holding me so tightly, his sucking frantic against my torn throat. As consciousness fades, I feel his cool seed spray my stomach, and I moan his name.

“Spike,” I gasp.

“*Mine*,” he answers.

Angelus’s POV:

Spike has cleaned Angel’s thoroughly fucked body. I was surprised about his gentle touch, his soft hands wiping up the blood with a wet cloth. He cleaned the human’ anus with his tongue, spreading his vampire healing saliva around and inside the torn hole. My fears have been realised with this act. It is said that for every vampire there is one being in eternity who is their perfect mate. Some vampires spend their whole lives looking for that perfect match. The one to make them complete, whole. It’s said they are more powerful together, and grow more effective than an unmated vampire. Nowadays, few modern vampires believe that tale. However, I do believe it. I think that’s what I’m seeing here and now.

Spike has found a mate in this human soul. No wonder there was such hostility between them. Spike unconsciously felt denied by his prospective mate. His fury was directly not at Angel, but Angel’s inability to recognise the bond between them. Because Vampires shouldn’t be able to love - though Spike does - mating is not based on love, but compatibility, desire, sexual gratification, and a force that unconsciously draws them together. If Angel was soulless, but not me, he would have acted and bonded with Spike. Angel didn’t and being a human soul refused the desire he must have felt deep down for Spike. Not even I knew of this bond between them. Spike didn’t want me, but Angel. I never felt that pull, therefore I never knew.

“You want to turn him, don’t you, Childe?” I ask Spike, as he cleans and dresses Angel’ throat wounds.

“You’re thinking he might be my mate,” states Spike, his voice soft, and sounding almost like William. “I don’t know if I believe that ancient vampire legend.”

“You are drawn to him?”

“I wanted him, nothing more,” Spike answers angrily, returning to the harsh London accent.

I smirk at him and Spike growls back. I know he won’t admit to loving Angel. Spike is a very unusual vampire; he has the capacity to love, unlike me. When I returned a couple of years ago, it infuriated and disgusted me. I tried to punish him for feeling, to hurt him with his emotions. I learned in the long run that Spike was the stronger. It is an asset in him, one that I’m going to take advantage of.

If Spike loves Angel, and I must admit he was fucking fine lay, if Angel feels for Spike and if he accepts the mating call, then I have the perfect weapon upon which to destroy the Slayer. Oh, and control my rebellious Childe forever - well, it will prevent his thinking of betraying me any more. He believes I don’t know about his plans to kill me when my back is turned. Well anyhow - the slayer. This is my perfect weapon. Her human Angel, a man she could grow old and have children with, would love and be loved by a demon - her enemy. That would be a lovely slap in the face to the oversensitive, emotional Slayer. Might even send her over the edge... well, I can hope.

I leave Spike to care for our charge, and go down into the lobby of the Hyperion. Damn, but I love this building. It feels so decadently evil and is filled with memories of untimely deaths. This is the perfect lair for my kin and me. So I just had to steal it away from those fucking do-gooders of Angel Investigations. What fun we had when we arrived. Never even saw us coming.

After stealing Angel away from Sunnydale and leaving a message for my lovely slayer, we travelled in Angel’s convertible back to LA. It was too soon to face little Buff, I wanted her watching her back for a little while longer, and I knew in time she would come to me. Here. Well, we arrived at the Hyperion at midnight, Spike and I went to greet the humans, while leaving the unconscious Angel in the car, but we took with us our little surprise present.

When Cordelia saw the body of Kate Lockley, I thought I would have to rip her tongue out to make her shut the hell up. She never stopped screaming. I told them I had to kill the bitch. I couldn’t let the things she said about me go unpunished, now could I? Still, she had a much more pleasant death then what I promised them. Both Gunn and Wesley were ready to kill us then. Off course, I just had to tell them about my ace card.

“Angel’s so damn delicious now he’s human, isn’t he?” I said. That little threat was all it took. In seconds, they had cleared out the place and left me to my new home. They knew I wasn’t joking about Angel. From the look on Wesley’s face I think he actually understood what was happening. He looked at me and didn’t see his friend Angel, the new human. He saw the original Angelus, in his real vampire body. Maybe, he knew then that this was all his fault. I had to thank him before he went for freeing me. For bringing the reluctant Angel back, and giving me a one way ticket out of hell. You should have seen Cordelia’s face when I mentioned ‘reluctant’ to her. Damn fool humans! Do they really think he’d want to give up heaven to come back to this messed up world? Hell, I like it here. It’s depraved and morally corrupted. Angel would have had peace and tranquilly in his final reward.

No doubt, that by now, the surviving members of Angel Investigations will be screaming down the phone to the slayer. Then little Buff will be telling them about the Watcher’s mutilated body, and my message. I wonder if she understood it? Maybe she thought Spike had been freed. What a sight her face must have been to know it was me. To know there is a human - living - Angel who is my prisoner. I laugh out loud and I know that tonight another has to die. I can’t let them think I’m slacking, can I?

Now who will it be? Ah decisions... decisions...

“Angel, who the fuck do you think you are?” The door to the Lobby bursts open and in strides Lindsey MacDonald.

Yep, there is a god. And he’s answered my question. I can’t have the little ex-gang of Angel’s thinking I’ve gone, and joined sides with the lawyers from hell, can I? No body controls me. Not even my sire ever could. I surely won’t be Wolfram and Hart’s little hired psychotic either. This will send a message to both sides.

“Where the hell is Darla, where... What the?” Lindsey MacDonald stops speaking as soon as he notices my appearance. The leather jeans, crushed velvet shirt, and the long hair drawn back in a leather band. “Who...” he whimpers.

Damn idiot, but a fine looking boy. I lick my lips hungrily and take a step towards him. Lindsey automatically takes a step back. He has the most intense eyes, bright and blue. Hmmm... he might be interesting to keep alive... or maybe... I lick my lips and Lindsey’s whiff of terror reaches my nose.

“Who do you think I am, boy?” I purr out, staring over his compact build and cute backside.

“Ang...elus...” he breathes. I don’t think he actually quite believes I’m real, yet.

“Oooo... got it in one. My aren’t we the clever boy.”

Lindsey takes another step back as I stalk forward. Any second now he’s going to run. I can see it in those bright eyes. He knows, unlike the rest of Wolfram and Hart, that Angelus won’t be servant to any man. For one second, Lindsey hesitates, and that’s all I need. The next he’s gone, trying to run away from, me running as fast as those human legs can carry him. He doesn’t get far. He makes it to the door before I land on his back. Then for some reason he’s panting, trying desperately to breathe.

“What? Got a little hurt there, boy?” I ask, pressing my weight down upon him. “Oh, did I break a rib? Punctured a lung maybe?” I laugh as he struggles beneath me, sobbing softly as the movement bruises that rib just a little bit more. “Oh no little pet, there’s no escape for you. I like you.” I tell him, licking his ear lobe.

He knows what I mean. He knows that my words don’t mean a quick death. They mean an incredibly painful one. My face morphs and I lick my lips. With one quick movement, I sink my fangs into his soft throat and drink. I’m not draining him; I just want him pliant. Oh yeah, you see I have plans for little Lindsey. Lots of plans.

Spike’s POV:

Not longer after Angelus went down, he returned to Angel’s room with a little pressie. A beautiful one at that. Young, virile, and real tasty looking. Nothing like Angel of course. He’s compact, small but well muscled. He’s a good looking bite, and if he keeps Angelus busy torturing and shagging, and killing him, well, that’s fine with me. It keeps his mind off Angel. I certainly don’t want him fucking my chosen all the bloody time. Angel’s tight little butt is *mine*, although my Sire can claim him with me. Angelus owns me; therefore all I possess is his. Fucker.

Angel hasn’t regained consciousness, yet. He’s pale and drawn, and his skin is losing that tanned healthy colour. His throat is covered in healing scabs from our biting, and there’s a lonely scar forming on his dick. His heartbeat isn’t as strong as it was before, and his body not so warm. For the first time, it worries me. It surprises me but I am actually scared for the life of a human. I have no desire to see him die; in fact, I won’t be letting him go. Even if he wants death, I won’t grant it.

Oh, fucking hell. Angelus was right! I’m bonded to Angel. He was a virgin when I took him, and he is also my prospective mate. I never believed in that old tale Darla used to tell. She believed her chosen mate was Angelus, but I don’t think it could be. The possessive feelings I have for Angel are overwhelming, so much so I haven’t even fed, being unable to leave him. His body calls to me, even in this comatose state, and I urgently want to take him again. Nevertheless I don’t touch him; I just lie beside him, watching his restful face. That is until Angelus disturbs us.

“Dinner!” he shouts. I leave my sleeping lover on the bed, and examine the struggling human in his arms.

“Angel?” the human whispers, startled as he stares at the bed.

I growl lightly at the thought of him looking at my lover’s naked body.

“Got it in one, Lindsey, my little fuck,” Angelus growls at the weak, but still struggling human. I notice the bite mark on his throat where Angelus has already tasted him. “You know those stupid humans tried that spell you used to bring Darla back. Guess it didn’t work just right. Instead of one, they brought us both - human and demon.” Angelus laughs and then throws the small built human across the room. He lands on the bed with a loud gasp.

“Hey! Mind my bloody property!” I snarl, forgetting for a moment that this is my Sire I’m speaking too.

Lindsey lands next to Angel, and tries to scramble off the bed. Angelus moves too quickly, snatches a leg and chains him to a bedpost. The little human screams and begs, but Angelus won’t show mercy. He loves to hear them scream as he rips them open.

“You’re for later, little one,” Angelus purrs at him, “Spike, we’re getting out. He’s for dessert.”

Angelus grabs my arm and merrily drags me over to the door. I don’t want to leave Angel, but it’s best to keep my sire happy - for now.

Angel’s POV:

When I slowly awaken, to my surprise I feel a warm body pressed next to me. I don’t open my eyes to begin with, my body throbs and my heartbeat thunders inside my skull. If it were possible, I think my head is building up to explode. Something feels wrong within me. I feel so weak... too weak... it could be losing blood twice over, but there is something more. I can’t identify the feeling, suddenly I feel the warm limb shift against my arm.

“Angel?” a soft voice whispers. I try and remember to whom it belongs. My head hurts too much to think. “Angel, are you awake?”

I slowly open my eyes, blinking at the painful light. I look up into the face I recognise. It’s a face I didn’t expect to see ever again. “Lindsey?”

“Yeah,” he laughs nervously, “It’s your old friend, Lindsey.”

“We were never friends,” I quickly answer back. “Where?” I whisper, it hurts to even talk.

“Your bedroom I assume.” I look down at my naked body, notice my bed, and Lindsey chained next to me. “I came here to...” He trails off, looking over my battered form. “Well, that’s not important, Angelus was in the Lobby, and at first I thought it was you. My stupid mistake, right? Well, guess what? He caught me and now I’m chained to the bed with you.” Lindsey flops back against me and heaves a sigh. “Fucking chains!”

“Yeah,” I answer, my vision swimming again. I close my eyes, and try to feel my body. I can feel the chains Lindsey speaks off around my ankles. I know human strength won’t break them. I certainly can’t, because at the moment I don’t think I can even sit up. Something’s very wrong with me.

“You... err... did they?” Lindsey whispers softly against my ear. I feel his warm fingers touch my arm, and I’m surprised at how much warmer they are to me.

“Rape me? Yes, they raped me, Lindsey. Happy now?” I snap back angrily.

“No,” he answers softly. There is no hatred in his voice. “I’m just, well... I’m just sorry.”

“It’s okay,” I reply flatly.

“Angelus... he’s gonna... to me?”

“Yeah,” I breathe. For a moment, pain flares inside me and I instantly feel guilty about giving Lindsey the cold shoulder. At this moment in time we are both in the same position. Both human, helpless, and unable to prevent what we know will come in the end. “Lindsey, I...” I stop talking as a wave of nausea washes over me. My whole body trembles and I feel bile rising.

Lindsey moves quickly and turns me over, the fluid from my stomach splashes against the floor. He presses a hand to my forehead and swears softly. I hear material rip, and he presses the dry cloth to my sweaty brow.

“Lindsey, I think I’m... I’m dying,” I whimper, as he wipes my sweaty forehead. I feel Lindsey shift around next to me, and he covers my nakedness with a blanket. I’m surprised at my own assumption, but deep down I know it to be true. I’m not meant to be here at this time. I don’t belong in this dimension.

“I’m here, Angel,” he murmurs into my ear, as I feel myself drifting again. His warm body presses against mine, and his head rests on my pillow. For the first time ever, I feel connected to him. We are both human, weakened, and defenceless against those who hold us. The only difference is - I don’t think I want to leave my vampire captors.

Spike’s POV:

“I have a plan,” Angelus tells me as I drop the dead body. Oh, great! I hope he won’t be dragging the world into hell, again.

“Now tell me again about the little witch, Willow,” he asks me, as he throws his dinner aside.

Damn, I wish I’d never mentioned the bloody Scooby gang. All he’s done all fucking night is ask me about what they do, what Willow knows, how powerful she is.

“She’s growing into a powerful witch, bint smells of power. She even did that ‘By My will’ Spell. Bitch nearly got me to marry the slayer,” I growl out, cleaning my mouth. Angelus watches my tongue a moment, and I have to wonder if he’s gonna fuck me again. That would be twice tonight already. What I really want is to get back home to Angel. I wanna wrap myself in his warm embrace and sink into that bloody tight passage.

Angelus laughs long and heartily - bastard. “She could be the answer to your problem. She knows the soul restoration spell; she could perform it on Angel’s body. He would be a vampire again, but retain his soul.”

That stops me in my tracks. Angelus wants to help me? Really help me to keep my lover, and my mate. Then there’s the whole - no okay, so I didn’t think about Willow and casting the restoration spell. It’s got that whole clause problem but we’ll have to deal with it. Still, there is another problem. A big one. Angel.

“Angel wants to die,” I answer, we both know it to be true. We both smelt his lack of fear when death was so near.

“He thinks he wants to, in reality, he doesn’t. His will to live is as strong as any human‘s.”

“Angelus, what if he did touch heaven? What if he doesn’t want to stay with me?”

Angelus doesn't answer immediately. Instead, he wraps his strong arms around my waist. “You will convince him to stay. You have the ability to love a human soul. I thought that a weakness, but this time it will win him over.”

Angelus leaves me then, stepping away from my embrace, and heading back to the hotel. His words have surprised me. Angelus hated my ability to feel. I think this death experience has really changed him, knocked some sense into him from the sound of it. As long as he doesn’t go trying to send the world into hell again, I’ll stick by him. He is totally evil, and so good at destruction that you can’t help but admire him. Oh well, time to go back and see if Angel is awake. After a good feed, I need to shag a willing body.

Buffy’s POV:

Giles is dead! I’ve sat in my room the whole day, just thinking that thought and not believing it. My watcher, my would be father is gone. There was a message left with his body. Two simple words: “I’m back!” Those words frighten me, because I feel they mean the impossible. That the one who killed the man who was more to me than my father, was Angelus. That idea alone is totally ridiculous. Angel is dead. I grieved for him, I still do. I remember the day with perfect clarity when Cordelia rang and told me. She told how he gave his life for Darla, and she had given them his ashes. I have those ashes now. I keep them in a small silver box beside my bed. Angel is dead so it cannot be Angelus. My other option was Spike, but he has the chip.

Now I have a mission. I have I have to find Giles’ murderer. I want to return the favour.

“Buffy, phone,” my mother shouts from downstairs. I run down, passing Dawn’s room on the way. She looks just as upset as I am. She liked Giles, she saw him as the father figure she never found in our real father.

I take the phone from my Mother; “Hello,” I say. Silence greets me, then a slow breathing. “Hello?”

“Buffy,” a female voice chokes.

“Cordelia, is that you? Stop playing around,” I laugh nervously as her heavy breathing continues. “Cordelia?”

“Buffy, something's happened. I... We should have told you... I really meant to... but... Well, to cut to the chase, Wesley found a way to bring Angel back, Buffy. We performed the spell. We wanted him back!” My minds spins as Cordelia sobs into the phone. I can’t answer; I don’t find the words. “We brought him back, Buffy... but he wasn’t he same... he was hurting and broken inside... then something... Oh god, we brought something back with him!” Cordelia’s sobbing takes over, but I know what she’s going to say.

“Angelus.” I speak the name; tying not to believe it’s true. I can’t accept this. I can’t do this again. I can’t!

I think I’m screaming and I can’t stop. My mother runs to me, taking the phone out of my trembling hand. She talks to Cordelia in a soft calming voice. After a moment, she replaces the phone on the cradle, and takes me into her arms. This can’t be happening. Please this is just a nightmare. Please, I wanna wake up!

Wesley’ POV:

Dreadful news has reached us from Sunnydale. I can’t believe my counterpart in Sunnydale, Giles is dead. They say he was tortured to death, then a message left in his own blood. Buffy thought it to be Angelus, and I haven’t told her the truth, yet.

Angel Investigations is surviving on a tiny budget we get from divorce cases. Cordelia is quite good at them. They are our only income. Why? Well, Cordelia’s visions stopped with Angel’s first death. She never received another. We then used the scroll of Aberjian to save Angel from an early death. He should not have given his life for Darla. Gunn, Cordelia, and I all agreed to perform the ceremony and bring our champion back.

However, events did not go well. Angel was returned human, but in a state of depression. He wept for days, not once telling us why. Cordelia spoke to him, telling him to find his lost love, Buffy, but he refused. She broke down when we had informed her of Angel’s first death, and sent his ashes to her. I don’t think he wanted to raise her hopes. He didn’t know what he wanted - he certainly couldn’t deal with a relationship at that time. From the sounds of it, Angel never travelled to Las Vegas - he went to Sunnydale. Somehow, our spell brought Angelus back from hell, and he captured his human counterpart.

It sounds so improbable. Yet, it is my only answer.

We will find a way to stop Angelus; he’s been stopped before. Cordelia has contacted Buffy, and she’s coming here to LA. And if anything happens to our human Angel... Well, I always have the scroll to bring him back again. He might have been a little upset on his return. Saying he touched heaven, but I don’t believe in such things. We need Angel back as the champion, we need him to fight, and I will do anything to help him do that.

Angel’s POV:

I awake when it’s dark again. I have no idea how long I’ve slept, hours, maybe days. I groan and slowly open my eyes. As I do so I make out a face. Spike. He grins as he watches my eyes open, he’s lying beside me and lifts himself up one on elbow.

“Evening, luv. I have food, if you’re hungry.” He’s smiling at me most peculiarly. His current demeanour is something I’ve never experienced. He seems almost normal - human. My stomach rumbles loudly, shouting its need. Beside me, Lindsey eats his own dinner, trying not to stare at Spike and me but unable to draw his eyes away.

Spike laughs softly at the sound and helps me sit up. I feel so weak and powerless. He rests a tray in my lap. The same food as before: toast, cheese and fruit. This time there is also a handful of sugar covered sweets. Spike watches as I try and feed myself with trembling fingers. I don’t even have the strength to lift my hand to my mouth. After a couple of tries, Spike takes the toast from me and starts to feed me himself. His cool fingers touch my lips as he places the toast into my mouth. His eyes watch my every movement, and he licks his lips as I do my own. Spike gives up on the toast and starts feeding me the sugary sweets. They are soft and taste fruity. His fingers linger around my mouth, touching my lips as I chew.

I should have known what would happen next. It’s like Spike suddenly snaps. He shoves the tray of food to the floor, spilling its contents over the bed and carpet. Lindsey yelps in surprise and then I can hear him begging Spike to stop. Spike doesn’t pay any attention. When does he? I know I can’t fight. I don’t think I want to. Something gnaws away inside me...and I ache for this. I want Spike to throw me down onto the bed and take me roughly. I want to feel his need and desire... I think it’s the only thing keeping me alive.

Strong hands grab my legs, and shove them up towards my shoulders. Spike imprisons my arms beneath my legs. Does he think I’ll fight him? He leans forward, hooking my knees over his forearms. With one quick movement he tears open his jeans, letting his long, hard cock spring free. I don’t even have time to shift before Spike gives one violent thrust forward, tearing into my anus, and burying his cock into my convulsing passage. It’s only then that he’s patient.

“Spike!” I scream, as pain bursts in my anus from the lack of lubricant. I feel myself tearing around his hard, cool invasion. My blood lubricating my passage for him. He’s still a minute, his body crushed along my thighs, his face inches from mine. I watch with wide aroused eyes as he licks his lips. I see the wild and unrestrained lust in his eyes. The desperate need to take my warm human body.

Suddenly, he grins and pulls out violently, and then ploughs back in. “Spike,” I cry again. He doesn’t stop his thrusts, his face morphs, and now golden eyes look down into brown.

“Want you, Angel! I ache to be in you,” he pants, “Fuck, so bloody tight!”

His pumping continues, growing more violent with each plunge. The deeper he gets, the more he starts to brush against my prostate. Consequently my pain becomes blurred with pleasure, and soon I’m screaming out my own orgasm. It hits me abruptly and I spurt my load over Spike’s chest. I yell even more as my climax continues to rip into my body. Every fatigued muscle trembles to the point of pain. The agony is unbelievable, but it’s not unwanted. The fire of it burns me, but at least I’m feeling something other than the desire to die. I know I’m alive at this moment. The pain, the burning agony and pleasure tell me so.

“Angel!” Spike shouts and I know he’s near. Without thinking, I tilt my head, revealing the long line of my throat. He growls and sinks his fangs into my skin. My screaming becomes hoarse and dies, as blissful oblivion takes me again.

Spike’s POV:

Fuck it! I did it again! I’ve taken more blood from my human Angel and he’s out for the count. Damn it. I wanted to talk to him, to feed him. I just couldn’t control my lust for his sex. I had to touch him, to fuck him blind. I couldn’t hold back the burning need to come inside his tight, bloody passage. My softening cock slips from his torn hole and I lie beside him. He’s even paler than before. I know I’ll have to make a decision soon, otherwise Angel won’t live through the week. Humans and Vampires cannot have lasting relationships, this being the main reason. I can’t help but bite him, and each bite brings him nearer to death.

“You fucking bastard!” Lindsey screams next to Angel. He grabs Angel’s body and wipes away the sweat from his forehead. “He’s fucking dying!” he yells. I swear there are tears in his eyes. Tears of fear, not for himself but for Angel.

“I thought you hated him,” I laugh, fastening up my jeans. I won’t show my sudden terror for my lover, not to a human. “Isn’t your firm supposed to want Angelus back and to kill Angel?” I snarl, suddenly thinking about how they wanted my mate-to-be dead.

Lindsey is silent for a long moment. “He’s human,” he finally answers.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Lindsey’s human, and he’s works for the bloody scourge of lawyers, who help the evil of the world.

“He won’t be for long,” I reply, jumping off the bed. I grab a towel and wipe Angel’s face. Then move lower to wipe away the blood from his backside.

Lindsey coos softly at him, wiping his damp forehead again, and telling him everything will be fine. Still, I can’t understand what his fucking damage is. So I took a little blood... yet, Angel doesn’t look as well as he did. There are deep dark lines under his eyes, his skin so pale and clammy.

“Err... Wh-what do you mean dying?” I stutter. He can’t die this soon. I need to get everything ready first. We need Willow here to bind his soul, I need to change him. Oh shit!

“He’s fucking dying, can’t you see it!” Lindsey screams back at me. “He can’t move - he can hardly do anything, he’s fading away more every second!”

“That doesn’t mean he’s dying,” I snap back.

“Okay, let’s just say this. You wanna change him; you’d better do it quick.”

I stare at the human for a while, not known how to answer. Shit! If it’s true and Angel is dying... But how can he, we didn’t take that much blood. He’s a young, healthy...

I have to talk to Angelus.

Lindsey’s POV:

Stupid vampires! I stroke Angel’s forehead, feeling his un-natural heat. He’s burning up, his body raging inside. I don’t know what malady he has, but I don’t think he’s got long. Angel told me the truth, yet, he wasn’t afraid of what he said. I saw the truth in his face - he really doesn’t care if he lives or dies. I take up the cloth Spike left, and start to wipe his sweaty forehead.

Beyond the doors of the bedroom, I can hear Spike screaming at Angelus. There’re arguing about Angelus’s stupid plans. I know they want to turn Angel, Spike is powerfully attracted to my one time nemesis. I saw it when he forced himself on Angel, when Angel didn’t really fight back. He wanted Spike too. It’s strange, but I’ve been trying for over two years to kill Angel, or bring Angelus back, but now, I don’t want to lose him. I don’t want this to be his final death. So I take action.

“Hey! Angelus, you bastard! What does it take to get some room service around here!!”

There’s a snarl from behind the door, and seconds later, it’s swung open with the force of a whirlwind, and there stands the dark prince himself. Angelus growls down at me, his golden eyes harsh and demanding.

“What the fuck do you want, Lindsey? You want to be used so soon?”

“No, I have an idea. About Angel,” I reply, staring directly into his face. I’m scared out of my wits, but there’s no way I’m letting him know that.

“What about Angel?” Spike’s head pokes around from behind his Sire’s broad form.

“You and Angel were brought back by the scroll of Aberjian, yes?” Angelus nods. “There are many spells, prophecies about the vampire with a soul in that script. If you knew where it was, maybe you could discover what is wrong with Angel. Also, with kidnapping, say Wesley, the others might just bring the Slayer here, to LA.”

“Sire, we need the Witch here. If Buffy comes, the rest are sure to follow.” Spike clutches his Sire’s arm, begging him to listen. I don’t care what they do to those people, I don’t know them, and I just want to get out of this in one piece and Angel with me.

“Fine,” Angelus snarls, furious at being ordered around. “You, human will care for Angel, anything happens to him; the same will happen to you. Spike! With me!”

The dark vampire storms from the room, with Spike following. For a moment, the blond turns, and gives me a wink and grin. I kinda like him, in a strange way. Yes, he’s an evil and a bloodthirsty vampire, but he cares for Angel and that’s all that matters.

~*~*~*~

“Lindsey? Spike... where is he?” Angel asks a couple of hours later. I had fallen asleep on his chest for a while, wrapping him in my arms, trying to cool him with my healthy skin.

“Angel! You’re awake, how do you feel?” I lean up, and touch his forehead. Still far too warm. About an hour ago, his temperature started rising, and didn’t stop. His eyes are glazed over and his lips dry. At least Spike had to good sense to leave us some water, so I lean over to bedside cabinet and grab the glass. I press it to Angel’s lips, trying to get him to drink. He takes a swallow, but chokes on the second.

“No more,” he moans, “I’m fine.” His hand pushes me away, but it has no strength in it. He’s wasting away so quickly, it’s amazing. I’ve never seen illness grip anyone this fast.

I put the glass down and stroke his forehead with the cloth. He moans at my touch, and I kiss his lips. We both gasp with surprise at my action. I haven’t a clue why I did it; I just wanted to touch him. Ease his pain. I kiss him again, this time his mouth opens and I taste his sweetness. I’m surprised that even with this strange malady, Angel’s mouth tastes of chocolate and wine. Sweet and bitter at the same time. I stroke his teeth, caress his palette, and urge his tongue to play. He moans under me, kissing back with his full desire. Finally, the need to breathe breaks the kiss, and he pants with desperate breaths. I move to mouth his hot skin, lapping at his tender cheekbones. He groans under me, rubbing his naked body up towards mine.

I might be an well-educated man; been to the best private schools and university, but I’ve never kissed a man before. It’s a unique sensation, one I seem to be enjoying, if my cock has anything to say about the matter. I kiss him again, enjoying the taste of his lips. I wonder if Angelus tastes like Angel, do they kiss the same, feel the same, or are they two totally different people?

“Well, well, does he taste good?”

Oh fuck!

I roll off Angel, and gasp as I notice Spike standing at the foot of the bed. He’s grinning at me, wiping blood from his lips.

“Spike,” Angel moans beside me.

The vampire grins and crawls onto the bed. He touches Angel so gently, stroking his way up muscled legs, over Angel’s growing erection, finally gliding his hands over strong chest muscles. He flicks Angel’s nipples, making him moan before leaning down and kissing the swollen lips. They kiss and rock together for a few moments, before Spike breaks away. He strokes Angel’s forehead, making the human moan at the cool touch. Then he looks at me.

“I don’t mind you kissing him, pet, but I swear if you fuck him, I’ll rip your throat out.”

“Have you found the scroll?” I ask Spike, changing the subject, but at the same time resting my hand on Angel’s untouched nipple. He moans softly, as Spike starts playing with the other, so I do the same.

“Yep, the stupid watcher still had it. Hadn’t reversed the invitation he gave Angel to his home either. Pillock!” Spike laughs, obviously remembering the fun he and his Sire must have had. “Don’t worry, pet. He still lives; Angelus wants him to translate the scroll, just as you suggested.”

Spike leans over and kisses Angel again, his mouth claiming his lover’s. Then to my surprise he gives me a quick peck on the lips.

“Right then, Angelus wants him dressed and up. Help me.”

I obey him, pulling Angel up from the bed, and helping him into some sweats and a T-shirt. His body is limp, and strangely light. Spike unchains both our ankles, but doesn’t release us. He grabs a new pair of handcuffs and attaches us together. He doesn’t have to. I won’t leave Angel. Afterwards, Spike lifts Angel’s human form into his arms, and carries him out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

When we arrive in the Lobby, I almost choke on the smell of fresh blood. I feel nauseated as Spike drags me into the centre of the Lobby, and gently lies Angel down on one off the large, red sofas. He kisses Angel’s warm lips, stroking his hard chest. I don’t understand Spike’s deep attraction to Angel, when he has such a rocky relationship with Angelus. Obviously it isn’t the body, the memories, that draws Spike to Angel, but the personality. I’m amazed that an evil, blood-sucking vampire would find that important.

I arrange myself behind Angel, on the couch, and hold him tightly to my chest. His breathing has started to wheeze, and his hitching breath frightens me. Angel rests his head on my shoulder, and holds tightly to my arm. I think he’s finding the scene before us as horrifying as I am.

There are three people tied to chairs in the middle of the room. One is Wesley, and he’s still in good shape, only bruises cover his face, and I assume the rest of his body. One of them is dead; I can see that perfectly well, the black guy...err... Gunn? Oh well, doesn’t matter now, he’s not going to complain if I’ve forgotten his name. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man with his ribcage on the outside. Lastly, is a girl that I don’t recognise. She’s got dark curly hair, small petite form, with dark eyes... that are currently sitting in Angelus’s hand.

I swallow the bile, and turn my attention to Angel. He’s pale, and trembles in my embrace.

“Wesley, Angel’s come to see you,” Angelus remarks, grabbing the watcher by the hair. He drags the bruised face up, and wet eyes find mine.

He recognises me, I know that, but he doesn’t say anything. His gaze falls on Angel, and he moans in distress. He starts to cry, and moans, “Angel, I’m so sorry... so sorry.”

Angelus laughs, lets Wesley’s hair go and stalks towards us. I hold Angel tighter as Spike glares at his Sire. He grabs Angel’s arm and drags him into his lap. I yelp, trying to hold my charge even tighter, but Spike takes my hand. He has this look on his face, wishing he could stop his Sire, but he can’t. Wesley looks like he wants to yell, but knows he’s just as powerless against Angelus as I am. He kisses his counterpart, running his hands down Angel’s firm chest, to his sweats. Angel moans, his hands pressing against Angelus chest. He can’t push him away; he isn’t strong enough to resist. Angelus and slips down to my friend’s butt, and he fingers the tiny, but torn hole. He finger fucks him until Angel moans in pain.

“Angelus!” Spike suddenly snaps, growling at his Sire. The bastard laughs and dumps Angel back into my arms. My friend collapses against me, his whole body wracked with pain. He gasps and chokes as I stroke his back, trying to calm the attack.

“He’s dying,” Angelus tells Wesley, “now tell him what we’ve found out.” The vampire moves over to the reception desk and picks up the scroll of Aberjian.

“Angel, I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have brought you back. I’ve...” the Watcher starts to weep, his body trembling in his bonds. “I’ve denied you heaven. The vampire with a soul will find his Shanshu; he will be redeemed in heaven and find his peace. You were to be reborn, and given a new life without the knowledge of the past. I took that; you can’t ever go back, if you die now, then... then, you will bring about the beginning of the apocalypse.”

Angel stiffens in my embrace, and stares at the man he once called friend. I look into my friend’s eyes, and my heart breaks as tears fill them. Spike crosses the room, and takes his lover into his arms.

“It’s going to be okay, I’ll find a way to save you, luv. You’re mine!” He kisses Angel passionately.

“What will I do with him now, my brother?” Angelus asks. He stalks over to Angel, and drags his head up by his hair. Spike snarls at his Sire, dragging his lover back to him. Me - I’m stuck in the middle of all this - not understanding a damn thing that’s happening.

“Angelus! Stop fucking about! You know the deal!”

The deal? What the hell are they talking about?

“Lindsey boy, you stay close to Angel. You remain at his side, and you might just live to see the end of this.” Angelus snarls at me, as he kisses me quick.

I don’t understand one word they are saying. Suddenly, there is a crashing sound, and broken glass flies into the room. Men storm the hotel, dressed like commandos... Shit! Wolfram and Hart’s men. I drag Angel into my embrace, and hold him tightly to my chest. There is screaming from Wesley and the girl. Spike and Angelus are fighting their way out of the hotel, killing anyone who might stop them. I can’t believe they are deserting us, leaving us in the hands of the lawyers from hell!

I can’t watch the carnage and blood. Instead, I bury my head into Angel’s shoulder and hold him tight. Finally, the screaming ends, and a warm human hand touches my shoulder. I’m afraid to look up, but Angel’s going to need medical attention soon. I do, and to my ultimate surprise, I look up into the warm human face of a paramedic.

Buffy’s POV:

“Angel!!” I scream. I sprint down the LA hospital corridor. “Angel!” Behind me, trying to keep up, is the Scooby gang. Willow, Xander, Anya and Tara who wouldn’t remain in Sunnydale. I begged them to, I knew that Angelus would hurt them if he discovered they were here. They said they didn’t care. Their friends were in trouble and they had to help... even if it was only to see a human Angel.

Oh god! Angel is human. He’s alive. We can fulfil all those dreams together. I could marry him. Have children with him.

I run down the corridor, and come to a screeching halt, when I spot the form of Cordelia. She’s the one who rang to tell me where Angel was.

“Cordelia!” I call her name, and wide, wet eyes find mine. She looks terrible! She’s in desperate need of a style and a manicure.

“Buffy! Thank god you came,” she sobs. She grabs my arms and to my surprise hugs me close. She’s been crying, and her eyes are swollen. “There’re dead!” she cries, as the others catch up.

“Who’s dead?” Willow asks, taking the near hysterical Cordelia into her arms.

“Wesley, Gunn, Virginia, all gone. Oh god, Angelus killed them... Then he did things to Angel.... Oh Angel, what he did to Angel!” She starts to wail again, while Willow comforts her. I notice a door nearby, with a young man sitting outside it. He reminds me of Spike, same compact build, but with darker mousy hair, and the bright blue eyes. He glares over at me as I approach him.

Before I can speak, a doctor appears at Angel’s door. He closes it quietly behind him, and then turns to Cordelia. She’s totally incapable of doing anything, so I introduce myself as her sister, and ask if he can tell me what’s wrong with Angel. The doctor calls him Angel Chase, listed as Cordelia’s brother.

“Doctor, please tell me what’s wrong with my brother,” I beg, when he looks a little reluctant. He gazes over my friends, and the sobbing Cordelia. Even the young man, who seems to want to go back into Angel’s room. Is he some kind of friend? I didn’t think Angel had any but me.

“I’m afraid the prognosis isn’t good. Your brother... well, he has cancer, in fact his whole body is riddled with it. We’re still running tests, but I fear that it’s too far advanced for any effective treatment. Truthfully, I really don’t understand how it’s gone unnoticed for this long...” The doctor trails off looking totally baffled.

“Cancer,” I gasp. That can’t be true... Angel’s young, healthy. He can’t die now... he just can’t. I won’t allow it.

“There are also other problems... I fear that your brother also has suffered extreme abuse at the hands of his captors. I’ve already alerted the police of the matter.”

“What matter?” I whisper, surely there cannot be anymore.

“He has severe rectal injuries, from what I can only assume is rape... on repeated occasions.”

No! No! Nooooo!

I can’t stand. I find myself sitting on the floor, staring up at that young man. He’s talking softly to the doctor, and then turns to me. He doesn’t speak, just stares and then goes into Angel’s room. I scramble to my feet and follow.

“Angel?” The young man asks. He reaches over Angel’s bed, and takes my boyfriend’s hand.

“Angel!” I call, moving to his other side and placing his other hand in mine. I glare at the young man. “Who are you? Cordelia didn’t say that Angel...”

“I’m Lindsey, Angel’s friend,” he interrupts, not offering his hand but an infuriated glare. I’m about to say more, but suddenly the pale figure on the bed moves.

For the first time, I turn to look at *my* Angel. He’s so pale, weak, and drawn. His breathing is monitored by a mass of tubes and electrodes. There seems to be tons of medical equipment around us, things I don’t have a clue what they do.

“Angel, it’s me, Buffy. I’m here now. I’ll take care of you.” I lean over and kiss his damp forehead.

“Lindsey,” Angel moans. He loosens his hand from mine, and reaches for Lindsey’s other hand. “Lindsey.”

Lindsey smiles, and then leans over and kiss...*kisses!!!* Angel’s lips. He kisses my boyfriend!

“Lindsey, I need you,” he moans.

“I’m here, Angel. I’m here; we’ll be okay. We only have to wait.” Lindsey smooths Angel’s wild hair, and kisses his forehead... He kisses him, again!

I leave Angel’s room, and close the door behind me. Lindsey is sitting too close to Angel, holding his hand too tightly. What the hell is going on?

“Cordelia, Angel’s awake, but Lindsey is talking to him. Who is he?” I ask the stricken girl. Cordelia looks up, shaking her head.

“Lindsey. He used to work for Wolfram and Hart, that law firm we told you about that brought Darla back. He’s tried to kill Angel lots of times, I can’t understand why he’s... they seems so close all of a sudden.” She starts to wail, and I can hardly catch her words. “Angel didn’t want to see me. He started sobbing and pushing me away. He said it was all our fault - my fault - that he’s dying.”

Suddenly, the door behind us opens, and Lindsey walks out.

“Angel wants you all to leave. You’re upsetting him,” he announces.

“You bastard!” Cordelia screams. “You let them hurt Angel, they didn’t do fuck all to you, did they, Lindsey. I bet your working with Angelus. That’s why you want us to leave!”

“You don’t know anything, Cordelia. You’re the ones that broke Angel, not me. You’re selfishness and greed brought Angelus back.” Lindsey turns back towards Angel’s room, but Willow stops him.

“What do you mean, how did Cordelia bring Angelus back?” she asks in that soft, comforting voice of hers.

“There is a scroll,” Lindsey begins, he stares at Willow, with eyes filled with anger, “It tells of Angel’s redemption and how he would receive it. Wesley never bothered to understand the entire scroll, they just translated half of it, they made assumptions, and they dismissed anything they didn’t like. They ignored the fact that Angel - the vampire with a soul - was destined to die so he could be reborn to live again with an innocent soul. If anything interfered with that, a second prophecy would come into effect. They didn’t care about Angel - they just did it!”

“I don’t understand.” Willow touches Lindsey’s arm, and he continues.

“They brought him back from the dead. They dragged him from heaven, because they wanted him to sort out their personal problems. He touched heaven - can you understand that? To be so close to your redemption and then get yanked away! T o come back to earth, and be told that if you die as a human; your soul will start the next apocalypse.” Lindsey shakes off Willow’s hold and returns back to Angel’s room, slamming the door behind him.

“Angel said that after he returned... that he touched heaven. Wesley said it was just some electrically induced spiritual experience. Wesley told him it was all in his mind, that he saw the light and was snatched away. And I believed Wesley!” Cordelia sobs. She’s a total mess.

“Look, Willow, can you take Cordelia...”

“Buffy, I think I should stay here,” she interrupts me, and looks over at Angel’s door, “If this Lindsey knows about the spells that brought Angel back, then maybe I could find out if what he says is true.”

She does have a point. “Okay, I’ll take Cordelia back, but I think Xander should stay with you.”

Xander agrees to remain with Willow, while the rest of us leave for Cordelia’s apartment. I hope Willow finds an answer. I can’t let Angel die again, and I won’t lose him. I won’t give up on the dreams of marrying him, of having his children. We’ll have those dreams, I know Angel wants it too. I know he wants to be with me. We can have that house with the white picket fence, the 2.1 children, the mortgage, and the job. We can have that dream - I’ll make sure of it!

Angelus’s POV:

The paramedics have taken both Lindsey and Angel to a local Intensive care unit. The doctor I killed confirmed that Angel is dying from acute cancer and other complications. His cancer is incredibly advanced. It seems that Mother Nature won’t allow him to continue to live even if he wanted to. Bitch. Well, we will see about that. I have my own plans, and everything is falling into place perfectly. Angel is in hospital with Lindsay at his side, and now Buffy has arrived.

We watched as my little slayer argued with Lindsey, and then my plans are fulfilled. Willow and that incompetent pup, Xander remain behind. Now I have the means to turn Angel and retain his troublesome soul. And stop Spike jumping around like an impatient five-year-old! Angel will be a perfect addition to my family, and a controlling factor over Spike. Angel could influence Spike‘s wild nature and keep him friggin’ patient.

“Why can’t we get Angel now,” Spike whines, “I don’t want that bloody Slayer to get her claws into him!”

“It is not time, Spike!” I scold. “In any case if Angel is your mate, then anything the Slayer says or does will be of little consequence. He will come to you.”

We remain in our hiding place watching the exit to the hospital. There has been no sign of Wolfram and Hart coming here yet. They aren’t interested in Angel, only me. Stupid lawyers. However, they might come to understand how important Angel is. He must be turned before they figure it out.

We watch the exit; the slayer walks out with two women I don’t recognise, and Cordelia. Ahhh, Cordelia. That’s how I will know what’s happening, and if she no longer has visions, well, I’ll just have to make her death extremely painful.

“Spike, it’s time for a little game.” Spike eyes sparkle and he grins up at me like an adoring child. “Cordelia is our next target; she’ll be a little present for my beloved Buff.”

“I’ll cut out her fucking eyes, to give my Angel as a present,” Spike snarls. He grins and his face morphs into his true features. Ah yes, my Childe will have fun with her. He’s such a beautiful, evil boy... But we don’t have time for that. Now it’s hunting time. We have to get Cordelia alone, and talking. Oh, I so love torture.

Buffy and the others, head out for dinner, a perfect place to pick up Cordelia when she enters the ladies. They are such fools, never expecting the unexpected. While they eat, we have a little time to play. My boy eats a waiter as we arrive, and he still has a drop of blood on his soft lips. I growl and kiss him harshly. Yes, I think we have time for a lot of playing.

Willow’s POV:

The sight of Angel was so shocking. He’s incredibly pale and frail. It’s hard to believe that the strong, powerful man I knew just a few months ago is gone. This illness isn’t natural, but then again Angel’s return to this plane wasn’t either. He doesn’t belong here. Angel looks so sick and drawn, he has large bags under his eyes, there are scars on his neck from a vampire, and he is so tired. He looks like a 240-year-old. His age has caught up with him. You can see that what the doctor has said is true. No matter what Buffy thinks, Angel is dying.

Lindsey, this strange young man that Cordelia obviously hates, is constantly at Angel’s side. Comforting when the nurses come to change his IV’s, and trying to feed him when he refuses others. He touches Angel less than a friend and more like a lover. I’ve found out little about their time as prisoners to Angelus, but Lindsey has told me about the scroll of Aberjian and the spells and prophesies therein. I do know that Angel cannot be allowed to die, however, I can see no reasonable way in saving him. He’s not supposed to be here. The Powers gave him a method for redemption, and this isn’t it. Wesley and the others have broken Angel’s Shanshu Prophecy and brought a new one into the light - one that is of death and not rebirth.

Suddenly, a few hours later, Angel becomes unsettled. I fear that his illness is worsening, but he starts to call for the strangest person. “Spike!”

Lindsey catches Angel’s arms, and holds him down. “Angel, it’s okay,” he calms him. He strokes the damp hair, and to my shock, and Xander’s disgust, he kisses his forehead. Angel calms, and his eyes flick over to me.

“Willow?” he forces out, his voice rough and dry. He smiles at me, however, and I wonder if he’s glad to see me.

I smile in return. “Hi, yes it‘s me.” I laugh lightly. I reach over the bed and take his hand, he holds on tight, “do you need anything Angel?”

“Oh, Willow, sweet Willow, I’m so sorry,” he starts to weep and I can’t understand why. Lindsey tries to calm him, telling him everything will be fine soon.

“Angel, it’s okay, you didn’t do anything...” I start, and I can’t understand what’s upset him.

“I’m so sorry, I can’t save you,” he tells me, his hand holding tight to mine. His eyes are wide and then... they flick over to the door, and then he smiles...

“Hello, pet.”

“Spike!” Xander shouts, jumping out of the chair. He grabs up his stake, a weapon we all carry with us now Angelus is free, and flies at the blond vampire. Spike hits him hard, before Xander even has a chance to fight him; he flies across the room, hitting the far wall hard. I grab my own stake and advance on Spike.

Suddenly, from behind me a hand grasps my wrists and pulls me back. A tall hard body is pressed against my back, and lips brush my ear.

“Hello again, Willow. It’s been so long since we were in this same situation.”

“Oh goddess, Angelus!” I scream. Angelus wrenches the stake out of my hand and throws me against the wall. I hit it hard, and for a moment the room spins. Angelus doesn’t give me a moment to recover, but grabs my hands and handcuffs them together. Spike has done the same to Xander and he’s stuck some duct tape over his mouth.

“Now, little Willow,” Angelus snarls into my face, “You are going to be a good little girl, aren’t you? If you don’t, I swear I will gut Xander very slowly before your very eyes. Behave and you will get out of this alive. Understand?”

I quickly nod my head, keeping totally silent.

Spike’s POV:

The red headed witch has taken the more sensible action and followed Angelus advice. She remains quiet and Angelus dumps her down beside Xander. I’m so bloody glad I’ve gagged him. Now I can devote all my attention to the reason we are here.

“Angel,” I call. My mate lies weak and pale on the hospital bed, yet, he still reaches out for me, and I take his clammy hand in mine. “My mate,” I murmur as I lean down and touch my lips to his. Angel gives a sigh and I feel him relax against me. Angelus was right, he would still accept me. I run my cool hands over his forehead and his eyes close. I smell death in this room, not the death of Willow and Xander, but his.

“Angelus,” I panic, “He’s dying!” Dying too damn quickly!

“It will not matter, Spike. His body will be dead soon, and then he’ll be reborn as your full vampire mate.” Angelus’s fingers stroke his opposite‘s head, and Angel’ eyes open.

He’s not afraid of Angelus or me; in fact I believe he’s relieved to see us. I lean over and kiss his dry lips. Angel’s mouth opens willingly under mine, and I taste him fully. I move away from his warm lips and gently pull the needles from his arm. There are so many and they have made angry holes in his skin. The flesh bleeds and the blood doesn’t clot. I lick over them, healing them with my own saliva. Lindsey helps dress Angel, and I reward the young man with a kiss. He blushes, but holds Angel extra tightly to him. I know he loves my mate, he yearns to touch what’s mine. I wonder what Angelus has planned for little Lindsey. He would be a fine addition to our little family. Beautiful and devoted. Lindsey holds Angel up when he’s dressed, and I take up the other side, so he’s suspended between us.

“They say he’s got cancer, and he won’t have long,” Lindsey whispers, telling me the truth. I fear our time is running short, and I want to change him here and now, no matter what Angelus wants. Angel moans softly in pain and I hold him tighter.

“Hello, Daddy.”

Oh shit! This is all I need!

Both Angelus and I both spin around to face Drusilla, and by her side is the newly sired, Darla.

“Oh, the whole family is here!” she cries, “The stars screamed out your coming, Daddy. A new family awaits us.” She dances around Darla and then presses fully against Angelus’ chest. Once that action would have driven me insane with jealously, but not any longer. In fact, my love for Drusilla has changed to more for a sister than lover. Once, I would have given her everything, but now I have a mate to consider. Angel slides back down onto the bed, so I take him into my arms, holding him tight. Lindsey, slides his arms around Angel, and stares at these new arrivals.

“My darling boy,” exclaims Darla. She bats long eyelashes at my sire, but his response is not what she expected. He growls low in his throat, morphing into game face.

“I am yours no longer, fledgling,” he snarls. He wraps his arms around Drusilla and nuzzles her pale neck. “What did the stars tell you of my coming, precious?” he murmurs as he licks her ear.

“The Angel will be denied heaven, and the sky will weep. Pure little soul will be cast out, no longer allowed into the pearly gates.”

“What?” Angel gasps, burying himself in my arms. His face is damp with tears and I lick away their salty goodness. He doesn’t know that he’s going to be mine forever.

“The soul was denied his reincarnation - his Shanshu - his rebirth. He is trapped on this plane. With his death the gates of hell will open and receive him,” Dru intones.

“Wolfram and Hart know of this, and they are coming here,” Darla laughs, staring at Angel. Shit! The Bitch Queen told them.

“You!” I scream. “You told them about Angel! Fucking bitch!”

“Angel will give us the world!” Darla bellows back. “His death will mean nothing. He’s been a pain in our side for over a century! He even killed me!”

“Angelus!” I yell, holding my mate tighter. He’s not going to fucking die. “You promised me, he’s mine!”

“I didn’t want to come back!” Angel weeps into my shoulder. “They brought me back! It wasn’t my choice!”

I hear his heart thundering in his chest, and I run my hands up and down his back trying to calm him. “Shhh... luv, I won’t let you go.” I kiss him gently and he buries himself deeper into my chest.

“What?” The look on Darla’s face is priceless.

“Angel isn’t going to die, Darla. He’s mine, and Wolfram and Hart aren’t going to have him,” Angelus informs his Sire. “I don’t need fucking hell demons to control these humans, and I won’t be any lawyer’s toy... like you.”

Darla snarls at Angelus’ demeaning words, and attempts to slap her ex-Childe. She doesn’t make it. With a flash of Angelus’s hand, he buries a long wooden stake into Darla’s chest. For a moment, Darla is perfectly whole and then the next she bursts into a million particles of dust.

“Grand mummy is no longer part of the game,” Dru informs us with a laugh. I think she knew Darla’s time was limited. She tilts her dark head and listens... this isn’t good.

“What is it, my lovely?” Angelus asks, throwing the stake aside. He runs his hands over Dru’s chest, and kisses her puckered red lips.

“Justice is blind, but it comes running, running. The door is open,” she murmurs.

With spending a whole century with the insane Childe of Angelus, I’m guessing she means that Wolfram and Hart are already on their way here. Fucking Darla the Bitch, why did she have to tell them about Dru’s vision? Now, we’re running out of time. Angel has to be turned now! “Angelus, we have to get out of here! I won’t let them have him. He’s mine!” I rage, pulling Angel into my arms. He moans as I drag him to his feet, and Lindsey struggles to hold him up.

Angelus rises from his thoughts and turns to me. “Childe, I do not plan to let anything happen to Angel. Whatever you might think, I don’t want him dead. I never wanted him dead. I love him.”

“What?” I shriek.

“I tried to kill the slayer before, when my soul was gone, because she took the one thing I had loved for a century. He was with me all the time, and I was never alone. He couldn’t accept my love, not then. He was a human soul, he feared the demon within him and with his guilt, he couldn’t understand what I felt for him was love.” Angelus kneels before me and touches Angel’s shocked face. “I won’t let him die.”

“Then what are we going to do?” I hold my mate to me, his body trembling with his illness.

“We will turn him, you and I. The little witch over there will secures his soul and Wolfram and Hart cannot bring forth the apocalypse.” Angelus leans over and kisses Angel’s lips, then my own. “I won’t let him die, Childe,” he repeats.

For the first time ever, I believe Angelus’ promise. I just hope I’m not making a huge mistake.

“Ooooo,” Drusilla moans unexpectedly, “bitch queen of lawyers coming... Running... Running.”

Well, that was enlightening. Everyone is silent in utter confusion, as Dru continues to rant.

“Huh,” mumbles Lindsey nervously, “I think she means that Lilah Morgan from Wolfram and Hart is coming.”

Angel’s POV:

Spike arms hold me tighter as he understands the full weight of Lindsey’s words. Wolfram and Hart have always said I’d be a major player in the coming apocalypse. I never thought I would be the one to start it. Now through Dru’s vision, and Darla informing them, they know that if I die in this human shell, my soul will be denied heaven and the gates of hell will open. My friends, the people I trust, have condemned me. That’s why Angelus came back, I realise, to create a balance between good and evil. I wonder if the Powers knew that Angelus wouldn’t let me go. But oh gods, the price. I’m dying now, my life is being sucked from me, and I know I don’t want death and damnation.

“Spike...” I whisper, “Please don’t let me go...” I cling to him, his hard, cool body pressing against my burning one. My heart thunders in my chest and I feel so defenceless. I know my human body is dying of it’s own accord.

“I won’t let you go, my beloved mate,” Spike vows. He kisses me harshly, his fanged teeth cutting into my lips. His kiss becomes even fiercer, and cool hands try to push away my t-shirt. His fingers attack my nipples, tweaking them hard, almost painfully. I feel his desire rising and I know it’s the bond growing between us. I can feel his desire to fuck me again, and strangely it’s all I want at this moment too.

“Spike!” Angelus shouts. He drags me from my mate arms, and lifts me bodily. “We don’t have time! Drusilla, take the witch. Spike, you have doughnut boy. Lindsey, follow!”

Spike growls deeply at Angelus, but obeys him. I am too weak to pay much attention to what happens around me. I feel Angelus’ strong arms carrying me out of my hospital room, and we are running down the corridor. I hear voices, but it’s the dead of night and there are few nurses around. Abruptly, we are outside and I feel the cold rush of air against my moist skin. I can’t stop myself from shivering. Angelus holds me closer as if trying to give me what little body heat he has.

I must have passed out because the next thing I know, Angelus is lying me down on Cordelia‘s couch. I wonder where Cordelia is... Across from me Xander has been tied to a chair, and Angelus grabs Willow from Drusilla.

“Do the fucking spell, witch!” he rumbles.

Little Willow is no longer the timid girl I knew. She draws herself up to her full height and stares into Angelus’ eyes. “I’ll do the spell, I’ll help you, but I’m doing this to save Angel and give him peace, no other reason, Okay!”

“What about the clause,” Spike demands. He makes his way from Xander and pulls me into his cool arms. He feels so cold next to my burning skin.

“Tara and I had worked that out, we didn’t have time to tell Angel - he was already dead.” She gives me a quick glance, and I see sorrow in her eyes. For the first time I see her differently. She’s a much stronger person than everyone gives her credit for, and she understands right and wrong. Left to Willow, I think she would have left me to my death, my peace.

“Spike; get Angel ready,” Angelus directs. It’s show time. He and Willow collect the spell ingredients as Spike pulls me from the couch. I cry out in pain, but I don’t struggle. Soon the pain will be gone, and I’ll be strong and hard again. No longer will I suffer the agony of this dying flesh. Lindsey is quiet beside me, but I suddenly take his hand.

“I love you, Lindsey. I’m sorry, that I love my mate more,” I admit the truth. I do love him and Spike.

“Don’t worry, pet,” Spike tells him, “Your turn will come. Then you can be with Angel forever.” He kisses Lindsey’s cheek and presses him towards me. I’m surprised that Spike’s going to let me. I take Lindsey into my weak embrace, and finally kiss him passionately.

Time is running short however, and Spike pulls me away. Lindsey moves to stand beside Willow, watching to make sure she doesn’t try to prevent my turning in anyway. Spike strips me of my clothing, and rubs his hands over my trembling body. Even in this state he can still arouse me to full erection. My cocks throbs painfully under his attentions, but I don’t want him to stop. Not ever.

“My mate,” he moans. I start to weep again. It’s like I’m seeing the real Spike, the person he hides from the world under a hard facade. An overly sensitive boy who fears everyone will hurt him, because they always do and will forever more. Angelus hurt him, Dru did to, and so did I. I denied the mating call; I belittled him, and tried to kill him. No wonder he despised me with such ferociousness. I realize why, when he came for the Gem of Amarra, he couldn’t torture me himself. He must have felt so betrayed by my hatred. - my denial of him - my mate.

“I’m so sorry... Spike...” I whisper, as fresh tears start to fall.

“This is better, Angel,” he murmurs against my mouth. I think he recognises my thoughts because they are as his own. “This way you won’t be my Sire, but you will be my equal. You’ll be my mate.” For an instant, I see William in his face. That heartbreakingly beautiful, young dreamer, that happened to cross the path and catch the eye of the most vicious of vampires.

“William,” I moan, and I do declare that Spike smiles.

Words are over though, as Spike strips himself of his own clothing, then presses his hard body against my warm tremulous one. He kisses me again roughly, then parts my legs. Angelus must have arranged Willow’s spell, and he moves close, kneeling behind us, just as naked as we are. He lifts me up so my back is pressed against his chest, and my legs are stretched wider. Spike bends them until Angelus’ holds me in an almost crouching position. Spike pulls my ass forward and presses his member against my opening. I am completely exposed to them, unable to hold myself up or control my movements. They are totally in control.

Spike kisses me as he pushes forward into my damaged anus. A wound that will heal when I’m turned. He swallows my cries as I tear around him, lubricating his entry. After what seems like forever, in pain terms, he’s finally encased and both vampires are still around me.

“Willow, start the spell,” Angelus orders. Out the corner of my eye, I spot Willow, staring at us with wide, aroused eyes.

“It’s time, Angel,” Spike breaths into my mouth, “Do you want this? Do you want me?” For a moment, there is fear in this evil, but emotional vampire.

“Yes!” I shout, I want the world to know. I want to live, for him and only him.

In a flash, both Angelus and Spike sink their fangs into my throat. I scream as the triple invasion of my body brings me to orgasm. Spike begins a strong thrusting into my rectum, as his mouth draws heavily on my artery. Angelus on the other side of my throat does the same. I know from experience I’ll be dead within seconds, they are making it as quick and as painless as possible. I feel Angelus’ cock throbbing against my back, while Spike pounds away inside me. The whole room blurs, and the pain fades, until my whole world has been reduced to these two ancient vampires.

They suck swiftly, draining me off my life’s blood. I feel my heart struggling to beat, hear it fighting for that last breath. I’m not afraid. I have Angelus and my mate surrounding me, and I know I’m safe. I won’t fear death, or hell. As my heart begins to slow, I no longer feel my body, which distresses me because I don’t feel my mate’s cock inside. Both vampires swiftly withdraw from my throat, and then Spike forces my mouth to the self inflicted wound on his throat. I don’t see clearly, and the world spins around me. I feel as though I am floating, leaving my body as I swallow Spike’s tainted blood.

I know I cry out when Angelus suddenly pulls me from Spike, but his wrist is thrust into my mouth and I suck hungrily. More of the thick, powerful vampire blood is forced down my gullet. The world flashes around me and I lose all sense of my body. I am being pulled from it, in the distance I hear chanting. The chanting booms inside my soul, and I am frozen in this state. Not in my body, but yet not going anywhere else ether. I can feel sensations still, I know that Spike has replaced Angelus once again, and it’s his blood my body is swallowing. I feel my soul tremble, as sudden pain is drawing me back into my corporeal vessel.

“Asa sa fie! Acum! Acum! Acum!” The words echo inside me, and I understand. Words of the curse to return my soul, the last line. ‘Let it be so! Now! Now! NOW!’

I scream. I scream as my soul is pulled back into my dying body. Then everything is back...

Spike’s POV:

My mate is dead. I’ll miss his warm human body, but he’ll me mine forever. Angel collapses onto Angelus’ body, and I finally spill my dead seed within him. He’s already starting to cool - his body limp and heavy. I slip from my mate’s torn hole, to be instantly replaced by Angelus. He never had any problem with fucking a dead body. He thrusts inside Angel’ bloodied passage a few times, then screams his own release.

The room is full of the smell of incense, human arousal, and sex. I can smell that Dru brought herself off with her fingers as she watched. Xander and Willow are both bright red from observing our mating. I grin at them and both look away. Human’s think they are so open about sex, but watching a couple of vampires at it, they try and pretend sex never happens. Lindsey eyes my mate sadly, though he recognises that Angel will return, and soon it will be his turn. I see the desire in his eyes, the need to be claimed. Oh, he will be and soon!

I pull my mate from Angelus arms and lie his dead form on the couch. I cover him with a blanket and then turn to Angelus. “He’s safe now, right?” I ask my Sire.

“I don’t know,” answers Angelus truthfully. I’ve never heard that sadness in his voice; Angel has really changed him. Thankfully, cured some off his stupid insane ideas. “Our next step will be to kill those bastard lawyers! I can‘t have them finding a way to release his soul,” he adds.

“It’s not enough!” Drusilla shouts, and for the first time I turn my attention to her. “It’s not enough. I need another brother.” She stares at me and Angelus, and then turns to Lindsey, who’s crouched down next to Angel’s dead body. “Him!” she laughs, jumping around. “Angel wants him. And with him, we will have a chance.”

Dru dances around my Sire, until Angelus has had enough and grabs her arm. “What do you mean, the boy’s useless.”

“No...Angel will want his soul too... Another soul-ed vampire. Angel will kill for him... his pretty boy, his Childe. Your Childe,” she turns to me and says that last line. I haven’t had any Childer before; Angel can’t really count because he’s my mate. On all levels mates are equals, and then we are both Childer to Angelus.

“Angel and I must turn Lindsey and keep his soul?” I ask her, trying to confirm what I’ve translated.

“Yes, the stars are laughing... they want to play, but the souls won’t let them.”

Oh great, now she’s talking in riddles again.

“I want you to turn me.” We all turn to Lindsey, who’s staring defiantly at me. “I want to stay with Angel,” he states.

“Why?” Angelus asks. He moves to stand before Lindsey, and runs his hand over the soft cheek. “Why Spike and Angel?”

“I love him. I love Angel. I want to be with him,” Lindsey answers, truthfully. He gazes up into Angelus’s eyes and continues, “and I hate you.”

Angelus laughs, and I think I like this young man. Angelus is sure pissed by the comment, and Lindsey’s going to get punished, but hey, at least he can stand up against my bastard Sire.

“Fine, I’ll let Angel and Spike have you, but remember Lindsey; you’ll pay for that.” Angelus pecks Lindsey on the lips quickly, leaving behind a bloody bite.

The young ex-lawyer shows no response to Angelus threat, but returns my Sire’s stare before he laughs and returns to dance with Dru. Lindsey’s eyes turn to mine; there’s fear there... not for me, but...

“I want my soul. Like Angel. I want my soul.”

Hmmm that might be interesting. I reach out and stroke his cheek, suddenly leaping forward to lap at the bite my Sire left behind, making him gasp and shiver against me. “We’ll see, luv.” I whisper, “Now look after Angel, there’s a good pet.” I give him a little slap on his tight butt, and he bites back a sarcastic comment.

Buffy’s POV:

Cordelia has been missing for 24 hours now, Xander and Willow for 12. I can’t believe I lost Cordelia in a pizza bar! She walked into the ladies room while we eat and never returned. I searched the ladies room, the alley behind, the whole block! I couldn’t find any sign of her. I fear she’s dead. Then when Anya, Tara, and I returned to the hospital, it was to find a horde of police in Angel’s room. He was gone, along with Lindsey, Willow and Xander. I knew then I had failed. My friends and myself.

Tara and Anya can’t stop crying. They both believe Angelus had their loved ones and I can’t deny it. Angelus came for Angel, and I wasn’t ready. I didn’t think. I thought he would be safe here. That Angelus wouldn’t be interested in him, only me. I thought he’d come for me.

I don’t know where to go now. I don’t know where Cordelia lives; she never got around to telling us. I know Angelus won’t go back to the Hyperion. I’m stuck, and this time there’s no one left to help me.

“Miss Summers?”

I look up slowly from my place on the hospital floor. I haven’t moved from this spot ever since we came back. I don’t know where to look - where to go. This isn’t my city, it’s Angel’s. It was Angel’s... Oh gods, what if he’s dead? Will Angelus kill his human self? I pull myself away from my darkest thoughts and concentrate on the lady before me.

She’s about 30 or more, long brunette hair, sharp brown eyes, and cruel cheekbones. She leans over me and hands me a card. On the front it reads: Wolfram and Hart. I guess I should have known she was a lawyer from the oh so yesterday’s suit.

“I’m Lilah Morgan, Miss Summers, I believe we are looking for the same thing. A certain vampire named Angelus.”

“What does a bunch of lawyers want from Angelus?” I ask, totally confused.

“We aren’t just lawyers, Miss Summers. Angelus has killed many of our people, I guess we got in the way of his victims. We were the ones who gave the scroll of Aberjian to Wesley to bring back the Power’s champion.”

“You know Wesley?”

“Yes, we worked with him many times. It was a shock to discover that Angelus killed him, and destroyed the scroll. Without it we can’t bring Angel back, but maybe we could find a way to heal him.”

That catches my attention. She knows how to heal Angel? “You can treat his cancer?”

“Oh yes, we have contact with many mystics who could save Angel. I’m sure if we work together, you could have your Angel back and we’ll have revenge on Angelus.”

Angel. I could have my boyfriend back. My lover. My future husband. I know that’s what he wants - to be with me forever, so we can grow old together. I’ll kill all those that hurt him. Spike especially.

“I think you have a deal,” I finally answer, getting to my feet. She’s got the answer to my problems. “I’m going to need information, backup.”

“Miss Summers, just consider the whole of Wolfram and Hart fully capable of answering whatever needs you might have.”

“Do you have Cordelia’s address?”

“Off course, I’ll even take you there.”

I shake the woman’s hand. I don’t care what they want with Angelus, or what their grudge against him is, but if they can help me get what I want, I’m not going to ask questions.

Cordelia’s apartment is dark, there are no lights at the windows, but when I try the door, it creaked open. My fingers searched for the light switch and found it, but there was no power. Behind me, Lilah waited patiently as I checked around. I have better eyesight than other humans do, but I could make out nothing in the darkness. Just furniture and a tall lamp in the centre of the room. I step though the door, the lawyer following me, and find a table lamp. I flick the switch.

“Oh my god!” Lilah gives a little scream and dashes back out the door. I turn to look at the room... and swallow. That wasn’t a lamp. The body of Cordelia Chase hangs from the centre beam of her living room. I feel tears sting my eyes, but I won’t allow myself to crack yet. She’s dead and I can’t help her. I have to find Willow and Xander. I cross over to her body, trying not to really look at her injuries, but my mind keeps wondering how the hell Angelus managed to skin her, and leaver her face perfectly intact. There’s a note on her forehead, written in pen; Bloody useless! I notice her eyes are gone too. I guess she was no use to the bastard.

I lift her down, and quickly cover her body with the sofa throw. I can’t help her. Oh please, be okay Angel. I have to search the apartment for clues, but it almost feels like sacrilege. Suddenly, I hear a soft sob.

“Angel?” I call, searching the murky darkness. Beyond, I can see three more rooms, bedrooms maybe? I slowly walk forwards, watching my step while my hand searches for another light switch. I find one, but this too is dead. Luckily there’s another lamp just before the door. I turn it on and the bulb flickers to life. The light is dim, but at least I can see a bit more. I open the door, discovering a bedroom.

“Willow? Xander?” I call.

“Buff?” The voice is harsh, male and for a second I don’t recognise it. “Buffy?”

“Xander?” I charge into the bedroom, and almost fall over Xander. He’s lying on the floor, his hands and feet bound. He’s managed to get the gag almost out of his mouth, making his voice muffled. “Oh god, Xander. You’re alive!”

I knee down and hug him tightly.

“Buffy.... Oh Buffy... Cordelia’s....”

“I know Xander, I saw. I took her down.” I calm him, pulling him tightly to my chest. He starts to sob, his cries broken and terrified. I carefully check him over, and notice to my extreme surprise he’s unharmed.

“Xander, where’s Willow? Is she here?”

“No, they took her with them. I don’t know where. They need her. To do a spell... a soul spell. Buffy, you have to know... Angel’s dead. They turned him, but for some reason they kept his soul.”

“Angel’s dead?” I gasp. No! I won’t accept that. Not my Angel. We have a chance of life. We could have been together. Had picnics in the sunshine. Those 2.5 children...

“Yeah, they need Willow for this other guy.” Xander starts to shake again, and I fear he’s going into shock. I can’t say anything. My Angel is dead. There’s nothing left. I’m going to kill them all!

“Buffy, you have to know. Angel can’t die... if he does the gates of hell open, and he heralds in the end of the world. It’s what this law firm wants... called Wolfram and something... they want to kill Angel.”

Wolfram and Hart?

“Miss Summers, is everything okay?” Lilah calls from the front room.

Oh crap! If I find Angelus... they find Angel... they’ll kill him. What do I do?! I can’t lie to her. I can’t hide... I can’t...

I close my eyes, hold Xander tight, and cry.

Lindsey’s POV:

My Angel is dead.

After Spike and Angelus turned him, we left Cordelia’s home and moved on to a warehouse that was inhabited by Drusilla and Darla. It’s not the best of hideouts, but it’s not known to anyone from Sunnydale. Angelus says we‘ll stay here until Angel awakens. He’s been dead now for 8 hours. It seems they are expecting him to rise soon. I always thought that the turning took longer?

I hold his dead body tight to me, as I lay on Drusilla’s bed. The other vampire’s have fed and played while there’ve waited. Angelus seems disinterested with Angel’s rising, but Spike checks on Angel every few minutes. While Drusilla has laughed at the stars all night, much to Angelus’s annoyance. Willow, the young witch from Sunnydale, has been tied to a chair in the corner of the room and left alone. She’s needed for me... for my change, when Angel awakens. I pull my future Sire closer and shiver. I want to be with him, but death still holds some fear for me... hell, I’m scared stiff!

“Ooo blood. They want blood for the soul,” Drusilla starts to sing. “Little pretty has found herself a wolf in sheep’s clothing. A tongue of steel. She’ll cut and cut... looking for the soul.”

I look up, resting on my elbow. This must be important because even Angelus looks up from his take-home dinner. He pushes the dead body to the floor, and stalks towards his eldest Childe.

“The gates open with the blood. They’ll come for the bright Angel, such a pretty soul... all bleeding.”

“Shit! Fucking Wolfram and Hart!” Spike hollers, breaking Drusilla’s concentration. Angelus snarls at this blond Childe. “Damn it, Angelus, you said we were safe here! There’re already...Guh!”

Angelus‘ hand wraps around Spike’s throat, cutting of his air supply and voice. He snarls and struggles. “Listen boy, I lead this family. I make...”

“Hmm Spike...” A hiss comes from behind me. I turn slowly, and look into Angel’s wide golden eyes. He snarls at me, sniffing the air. He knows I’m flesh blood. “Spike!” he calls louder, “Spike! Spike!” He snarls at me again, but looks around desperately. I’m surprised he didn’t eat me straight away. However, it’s not me, or blood he wants. He wants his mate. “Spike!”

Angel’s POV:

So hungry... blood... hunger... Sire... blood... mate... Spike!

“Spike!” I scream. The pounding in my head increases as if my brain is being ripped out. “Spike! Spike!” I beg, help me please... My vision is but a field of red, and the pounding increases. A part of me comes to realise that the pounding is heartbeats. Living beings. Beings filled with living blood. Blood!

I snarl and jump towards the nearest blood bag. I smell it, feel it’s heartbeat in my brain. I want it. I sniff, tasting the air... oh gods, Lindsey! I snarl at him, backing off. I cry out for my mate again, “Spike!”

“Angel!” A voice screams. I can’t stop - I need it! A cool body surrounds mine and pulls me back. This body is so familiar. I smell him. Yes, my mate, my lover. I smell my blood in him, as I carry his. I crush my mouth to the body of my mate. He tastes of recent human blood.

“Hunger,” I snarl. I grab his head, and sink my fangs into his fine throat. Cool blood fills my mouth and I swallow hungrily. It burns its way into my empty stomach, which screams for more. Suddenly, another cool body presses against mine. Strong hands snatch me away from my mate’s throat... I howl in indignation, fighting, biting my way back to my mate’s body.

Sire... The word echoes in my brain and I know this being holding me. Angelus. His hands guide me to his throat and I draw heavily on his elder blood. I feel hands rubbing over my body. Fingers pressing inside my anus. A large hand cups my genitals and I growl into Angelus’s throat. My mate’s cool body presses firmly against my back and I feel his cock pressing forward. ‘Yes!’ I want to scream, but I can’t remove my fangs from Angelus’ throat, the bloodlust is too strong. I suckle greedily as Spike thrusts forward until his torrid length is encased inside me.

Angelus’ hands pull at me again, this time away from his throat. Another neck is shoved into my face, and this time I sink fangs into soft feminine skin. Ah... Drusilla. Her blood is different to my Sire and mate’s, although it still carries the taste of our clan. I drink her down as strong male hands grip and pump my cock. When I’m fully erect, I’m directed inside a soft wet channel. I don’t know what position my body is in. There are only three areas I’m aware of: my anus, my cock and my mouth. For the rest of the world, I am deaf, dumb and blind. I can’t see anything but the red, hear anything but heartbeats, and I can only growl my need.

Spike starts to thrust powerfully into my tight tunnel. I feel the flesh tear around him, but no pain penetrates my fervour. His frantic thrusts are then passed through me into Drusilla. My cock forced hard and deep inside her wet cunt. I can’t remember ever experiencing anything like this. I never have been so close to my clan as I am at this moment. I taste their blood, feel there desire. I know they are family, and that they want me. They love only me.

The only one missing from this union is Angelus. As if on cue, my mouth is wretched from Drusilla’ throat, and I roar in fury. But I am then shown how Angelus will be pleasured in all this. Instead of a throat being thrust my way, his long hard erection is shoved into my mouth. Strong fingers thread through my hair, and he starts to fuck my throat hard. I try to suck around him and hold back the urge to gag.

Lover, Sire, mate and sister fill each part of me. They encase me inside themselves, fill me with their desire and need. It is as though I am drowning in their love. I feel like weeping. Beyond us I sense the presence of humans. One smells of fear, sorrow and pain. The other... Lindsey. Oh he’s sweet with desire, and need. I want him. I yearn to taste him. I wonder about the other... Willow? Why is she sad for me? I can’t understand why. Why does she suffer so when I am finally in heaven?

I am the first to orgasm and mine triggers my family’s. My ass spasms around Spike’s length, and he fills my passage, cooling the burning within. Next is Drusilla, the force of my pounding, and the continual hitting of my pubic bone hit against her clit, make her come screaming into my ear, her wet channel grasping my length. Lastly, Angelus pumps frenetically into my mouth and with one last thrust, floods my throat with his cool seed.

I collapse against my lovers. Angelus withdraws from my mouth, and Spike rolls me off Drusilla. He doesn’t leave me, but curls around my throbbing body and soothes me gently. In time the noises in the room start to return, and my vision fades from red to normal colours.

“You are ours!” proclaims Angelus.

“Yes,” I answer, “I am yours.”

Willow sobs as I speak, and Lindsey’s arousal grows. I try to see them... to see him, but my vision is still clouded. So I stop straining and relax into my mate’s embrace. I don’t care what comes - I will always belong in his arms. He licks at my throats and bites gently. He doesn’t take much, only a swallow, it is more for show and symbolism that feeding. He moves me around in his arms, until I face him. Again he offers me his throat, and I bite as he did. It is an acceptance of mate to mate.

“Mine.”

“Yours.”

We say simultaneously. Spike wraps himself around my body and I cuddle into his smaller frame. I am covered in their secretions, cum and blood. I smell my family and taste my Sire in my mouth. I am whole, complete with my mate and kin. It feels so perfect just here, as if nothing could touch me.

Willow’s POV:

Oh goddess, they are going to have sex right in front of me again! When Angel awakes he’s so aimless and bewildered. I don’t think he can understand where he is, or who we are. I’ve never seen a vampire awaken like this. They crawl from their graves and attack the nearest living human thing. Angel is disorientated, but the other vampires pounce on him. I was suddenly reminded of wolves in the wild, killing an injured member of their pack.

“Angel!” I scream. Angel doesn’t hear me, or doesn’t understand. Spike grabs my friend and presses Angel’s fanged teeth to his neck. Angel drinks from each in turn, Spike, Angelus, and then Drusilla, while the other human - Lindsey watches on. He’s so close to them, his eyes never leaving Angel’s body. How can he want that! To be used and abused as Angel is.

I’ve never seen anyone lose clothing as quickly as these vampires do. They undress and then press their bodies to Angel’ naked one. I can’t help but stare, shocked as Spike impales Angel on his cock, making him howl. Then Drusilla takes Angel into herself. The worse part occurs when Angelus fucks Angel’s mouth with this huge penis.

“Their raping him,” I cry, unable to hold back my distress. I swallow my sob. I try to look away from this blood thirsty dance, but I can’t. It’s like it goes on endlessly, each one taking their pleasure from Angel’s body. At length, one after the other, the vampires scream their orgasms and this terrible, frightening dance comes to an end.

“You are ours!” proclaims Angelus.

“Yes,” Angel answers, “I am yours.”

I weep as he says those words. How could he be with them when they use him shamelessly? He is their toy, nothing more, can’t he see that!? I wish Buffy were here, I wish I had a stake - anything to stop his degradation. He might be a vampire again, but he’s still a soul-ed one. He deserves better than that.

“Leave him alone,” I scream. “You’re raping him!” I struggle in my bonds, gasping with the tears. Angelus turns to me, finally hearing my cries. He pulls on his jeans and approaches. I swallow nervously, and rear back in my chair in terror. Behind him, on the bed, Angel and Spike cuddle together, biting each other softly.

I gasp as Angelus kneels before me, and he grasps my chin. “Be quiet, little Witch. Be a good girl and you‘ll go free when you complete the second soul spell for Lindsey. Just as I promised.”

“You raped him!” I cry, “I won’t do fuck all to help you now!”

Angelus laughs at me, and I swear I’ll rip his eyes out. “Humans!” he scoffs. “You don’t understand. Angel liked what we did to him, he felt whole, complete - his family surrounded him. Do you know how special he is?”

“What?” I gasp. What is he talking about? They hurt him, fucked him every way possible.

“Angel doesn’t need to feed from humans now, he feeds from us. This ritual binds him to us - his clan - forever. We gave of ourselves to him, vowing our protection, blood and family forever to and for him. He is favoured Childe, protected Childe of his clan of three master vampires. None will ever touch him again, not human, vampire, or lawyers from hell.” Angelus’ voice rises and she cowers before him. “None will touch him ever again... not even your precious Buffy. He is Childe, lover, brother, mate, and beloved to us all.” Angelus smiles, “You do know why vampires feed from the first human they encounter? They do it to adjust their senses to find human blood again; it’s like an imprint for them to develop their hunting skills. They will know the next time how to find their next human prey. Angel was fed vampire blood; consequently he will feed only from vampires. You think I don’t care about my soul-ed Childe - I do. I couldn’t bear to see his spirit die, needing the necessity of human blood, so we gave him ours. He’ll live off of us forever. So never think you’ll have a reason to kill him, Witch, he’ll be no murderer.”

Angelus turns away from me and continues dressing. I can’t believe what he’s said. Why? Why would he care about what Angel felt? Why would he take away Angel’s need to drink human blood? Why would he avow protection towards Angel forever? Then the awful truth hits me - Angelus loves him!

Spike’s POV:

My gorgeous mate curls his body into mine, his head resting upon my chest. For the first time in my long existence I feel whole. It’s a strange sensation, especially when it’s all thanks to Angel of all people. It would seem that he has become my strength, my heart. It the most incredible feeling, knowing he loves me with every fibre of his essence, just as I love him. It’s even more powerful than the love I had with Drusilla. Deep down, I knew I wasn’t foremost in her emotions. I’ve always come after Angelus. Well now she can have him all she wants. I have Angel - forever.

I slide my hands over my mate’s body and I want to fuck him again with a most potent, almost painful urgency. Or have him fuck me. Although, I don’t think he’s up for that yet. He feels too insecure and lacking in self-confidence at the moment. I can sense it through the mating bond. He clings to me as if he cannot bear to let me go.

“Angel, luv? We have to get dressed or the humans will be getting frisky around you,” I murmur into his ear. He stinks of cum and sex, a most alluring scent.

“Need you,” he says brusquely. His hand grabs my hardening member, and rolls his hips up, then urges me into his slick entrance. His hips ram forward and I sink inside of him.

“Angel,” I sigh, “So fucking tight.” I feel his body tremble in my embrace. I can smell his frantic need to be touched and held. In a way it frightens me. What if there’s something wrong with him - when he awoke - I’ve never seen a fledgling act as he did. Then again I’ve never known a vampire feed from two Sires, and then have vampire blood as his first and most defining meal. I know he won't hunger for human blood anymore, but for ours. Nevertheless, I don’t want Angel all obedient and subservient to me. I still want to fight him, argue with him, and have to force him to my bed at times.

“Spike,” Angel howls as he covers my chest.

As the last syllable of my name leaves his lips, I fill his passage to overflowing and collapse on top of his hard body. His arms clasp me to him and he cuddles closer.

“Childer, get dressed!” Angelus shouts at us.

Angel’s POV:

Oh god, I just got fucked in front of everyone! For the first time I realise where I am. The red clouding my vision is quickly fading, but I almost wish it hadn’t. Over in the corner of the room, Willow‘s scandalized face stares at me. Beside me, I can smell Lindsey’s shock... and arousal. Oh Lindsey! I turn to face him, my dark eyes find ice blue.

“I want him,” I whisper to my mate, as he leans over me. Spike presses onto my naked body, stroking my lean form again. We’re both hard again, and I want Lindsey. He’s going to be mine... no - our childe. Spike’s and mine. I grin up at my lover, and he smirks back.

Angelus growls at us, but we don’t wait. I dive across the bed, and grasp the warm form of my companion, the one who helped me though the end of my humanity. Lindsey, yelps and then gasps, wrapping his arms around me.

“I want you, Angel,” he whispers into my ear, “forever.” He runs his hand through my hair, and drags my mouth to his. He moans as we kiss, my tongue forcing it’s way deep inside him. Our tongues entwine, and we grasp each other tightly. I want more. I pull Lindsey, across the bed, and dump him into the pile of pillows.

“I love caveman Angel, don’t you, Lindsey?” Spike purrs in his ear.

Lindsey grins, and allows Spike to kiss him harshly. I snarl at them both, grabbing my mate’s hair, and pushing my mouth into a three-way kiss. It’s wet, sloppy and damn good. As soon as we part, both Spike and I strip Lindsey of his clothing, throwing scraps of material in all directions. My next desire is to be within him. I want to be one with him when I take his life, and turn him into my Childe.

Spike has the same idea, and kneels behind me on the bed. I guess he’s going to have some too... from me. I grab Lindsey’s legs, kissing him almost continuously. The young human is lost in the height of passion. He moans into my mouth, writhes against me, and his beautiful body begs for the taking. My stomach is wet from his dripping cock, as he thrusts his hips towards me, and I rub my hand into his warm seed.

Lindsey screams when my fingers breach his tight muscle. For a moment, I wonder if he’s untouched... just as I was. I hope so, I hope he’s virginal for me, that’s he’s never had a male lover. I want him to bond with us, to be able to understand this attachment to Sire and Family. I prepare him quickly, but thoroughly. I thrust three fingers in and out, listening to his cries turn from pain into desire. I scissor my digits, stretching him, and then his muscles give. He lets me in.

I howl with desire, breaking my mouth from his lips, and sink my fangs into his neck, just as I thrust my length into his dark tunnel. Lindsey screams, and I taste passion in his blood. The next second, a second thrust rockets through both our bodies. Behind me, Spike had spread my legs, and plunged deep within my rectum. With a free hand, he grabs Lindsey’s arm, and bites into his wrist.

My poor beloved human screams in fulfilment. He thrashes under me, as we both thrust into his delicate body. He orgasms, covering my chest, screaming almost loud enough to shatter glass. His heart begins to flutter, so my mate and I stop drinking, and I rip my throat open with a nail. Lindsey latches on automatically, suckling my blood as a starving child hungry for it’s mother’s milk. He holds me so tightly, pulls me so deep inside, that I fear I’ll lose myself in this heavenly creature.

I feel Spike tugging on my hair, and I pull Lindsey from my throat, and Spike shoves his wrist forward. The smell of blood calls to our future Childe and he grabs Spikes arm. Spike laughs joyously as Lindsey sucks.

I howl suddenly, the intensity of our joining is too much, and I climax within the dying body. Spike’s not far behind, he felt my orgasm and was unable to control his own, our mating bond will combine our emotions more and more with time. Soon, I will feel everything Spike does, and he the reverse.

“Asa sa fie! Acum! Acum! Acum!” Willow screams over our howling orgasm. She’s binding my Childe’s soul. He’ll be like me... a soul-ed Childe. A vampire that can understand how I feel, unlike Spike. Spike is my lover, my Mate, my forever, but he’s fully demon, and I wouldn’t want to change that, but he can never know what it’s like to have a conscience.

At last, Lindsey’s mouth goes slack, and his heart gives one final beat. Spike withdrawals from my ass and collapses against me.

“Never thought we’d have a kid so soon, Luv,” he laughs, stroking Lindsey’s fair hair from his face. “Beautiful too. Just like his dad.” He kisses my lips, and I growl at him.

My body is sated, and I feel a deep purr rising from my chest. Spike pulls me down onto the bed, wrapping his arms around me, and snuggling into my back. With my free arms, I pull the dead body of my ex-friend, now Childe, to me, and close my eyes, letting the purring lull me to sleep.

Angelus’s POV:

Damn, friggin Childer! They have no fucking patience! I turn my back and what to they do? Turn another bloody human, another pretty boy. I ordered them to dress, to get ready to leave, but no Angel had to turn Lindsey. He had to defy me. Well, they will both be punished, they are a mated pair - he and Spike - they can share the pain.

I managed to get Willow to do the spell in time to prevent Lindsey losing his soul. I hate soul childer, but what choice do I have? I have no desire to lose them. I cannot be alone again. I need to keep Angel close, which is where my Childe Spike comes in. To keep Lindsey close, his soul will bind his love to Angel. Perfection. And then there’s my delight. My Drusilla, my devil childe. Her dark passion will keep her close to me. She laughs at Angel’s impatiance, rubbing her body up against mine.

I can leave Willow to cast the Spell, and while my mated pair of childer turn their childe, I fuck mine into the nearest wall. She’s such a joy. She screams and hollers, tears and bite. Damn, I have missed my family. They will never be allowed to leave again.

The last line of the soul-inducing spell is finished, and the three men collapse onto the bed. They are so tightly entwined; limbs wrapped around each other, their bodies losing identify. I kiss my daughter, and pull her towards the bed. It’s time to rest. Spike opens one eye as I climb onto the bed behind him. I press my body to his, Drusilla curling behind me.

“You are all my Childer,” I tell them, “forever.”

Finally, I let sleep take me, though they had better remember that I’m still pissed!

~*~*~*~*~

Heartbeats! I hear heartbeats! I jump out of the bed, disturbing Drusilla as I go. She wails out loud, but I quickly slap her face. The sound wakes my other Childer, and they scramble from the bed. Spike finds my eyes in the darkness, but I have no idea what’s happening. Angel is still on the bed, his body wrapped around his sleeping Childe.

For the longest moment, all is still. I concentrate on the sounds. Men’s heartbeats, coming near... stopping... turning away. I sigh, and finally relax. Spike returns to his Mate, and lies down beside him. That was too close. I am not ready to fight humans yet. Two of my Childer are far too weak at the moment. Angel is but a day old and Lindsey hasn’t even awakened yet. This is not the best position to be in.

Suddenly, there is a growl from the bed, and Angel coos at his struggling Childe. The small fair-haired main writhes in his grasp, but Angel brings the fledge to his neck and he bites. Great, another vampire dependent on vampire blood.

“You should have fucking fed him human,” I scream at Angel. My counterpart snarls, but continues to feed his childe. It is well known that the first meal a newly risen vampire feeds upon will forever dictate their feeding habits. With Dru, Spike and I, it was human. With Angel, and now Lindsey, it will be forever vampire. They will yearn for vampire blood, and be dependent upon me and family to provide it.

I growl in disgust as Angel pulls Lindsey’s head from his throat and passes him to Spike. The young fledge latches on and continue to feed on his second creator.

“We have to leave here,” I command. This time they better obey or there will be hell to pay! I do not take kindly to being ignored. “All of you get ready.”

Lindsey has finished his feed, and snuggles into Spike’s chest. Angel just glares at me, not moving. I stalk across the room, and grab his arm. I pull him, expecting my superior strength to throw him from the bed. Angel doesn’t move. He is just as surprised as I am. Even Spike is startled. My position was being threatened. I knew that. What if Angel was as strong as I... what if he returned to that vampire strength we once shared?

I felt as though I would burst with fury, but I had to remain in control. This was a pivotal point. If I lost it now, I would lose influence over my Chider and Grandchilde.

“Angelus, Lindsey isn't read to travel...” Angel starts, holding firm against my hold.

“Angelus?” I snarl. “Maybe you should rethink that address, Childe.”

Angel rips his arm from my hand, and turns back to his Childe. I snarl loudly, but he does nothing. I have to make a stand. I won’t have my position in this family questioned. I am the patriarch here, and no one will friggin’ disobey me without good reason.

“Spike get up!” I growl at him. My elder Childe doesn’t move he just turns and glances at Angel. Ahh, so that’s it. If I control Angel then I will have control over the rest. I make a choice.

I grab Angel’s arm and pull with all my strength and fury. My young Childe is dragged from the bed, and lands with a humph on the floor.

“You are not my Master!” he bellows up at me. He jumps to his feet, and charges towards the bed. I grab his arm, and for a moment we struggle, testing our strength - seeing who can hold back and who can break free. I let my features change and using the full force of my demon, succeed in holding Angel away from the bed. I growl at him, and fling him backwards. He falls away, striking the wall and falling again to the floor.

I’m still dressed in my leather jeans, with belt, but without a shirt. I start to unbuckle the belt. “Angel, you need a lesson in whose master here. I am lord of my fucking family, and no one will ever question my position.” I wrap the belt around my hands, and stare down at him. “Now remember your place, and kiss my fucking feet.”

“No!” Angel refuses, getting to his feet. He prepares himself, his feet apart and his fists ready. I laugh, my self-confidence returning full force. I won’t ever let a fledge beat me. He’s naked - his skin so available to feel the kiss of my belt. Angel’s eyes widen as I raise the belt, giving him a fang filled smirk.

My young Childe’s attack is quick and would have been effective, if I had not been able to predict his moves. We share the same past, the same memories and teachings. He’s controlled by the rules of combat, the positions of his kicks, his body, everything. Then there is me - rules of combat and positions of correct marital arts mean nothing. Not when I want to win. When I know I can, I like using the finesse of martial arts at its best. With Angel I need to let loose every dirty tick I can think off... and a few new ones.

My Childe can’t win. He cries out as my belt whips his back. I have him on his knees, blood flowing from his nose and mouth. He has a broken an arm, a few ribs, and I’ve given him many beautiful red welts across his back, buttocks, and thighs. I’ve even slashed his face; a lovely cut that highlights his defined cheekbones. I snarl at the sight off my gorgeous childe - cowering before me.

“Are you re-thinking that form of address, Childe?” I ponder, hitting him with my belt again. He whimpers, as the rough leather cuts into his strong shoulders.

“Forgive me, Sire,” he moans, bending over more, and oh gods, what an ass!

My other Childer haven’t interfered with this war of wills. They know when the fight is from anger or for position. They hoped that I would lose mine. They shan’t underestimate me again. I am Master here. Father and keeper of my family. I unzip my jeans, and start pushing them down my hips. Now Spike snarls.

“Angelus! He’s my mate!”

“He’s my Childe,” I holler back. I grab Angel’s hips, and guide my hard cock to his opening. He pants, moans, and I smell a hint of fear. I stop. Angel is my Childe, and truthfully I have no wish to break him. I quickly cover my length with my blood and then sink into his tight channel. I pull his hips higher, making me able to fuck him on my feet. He cries out as I enter, his body clenching around me, but I smell his arousal too. He can’t help but be aroused by his Sire. He can’t fight my claiming of him. I plunge harsh and deep, I don’t tear him, but he’s going to be sore after.

I start to growl under my breath with each thrust. I pound into his open body, feeling him tighten and relax around me as I move in and out. For a virgin when we took him, he has learned quickly; he’ll be my beautiful little whore.

I scream as I cum, “Childe!” and bury my fangs into his firm shoulder. He yells in orgasm, and I fill his heated hole. Finally, I pull out, delighting in the sight of my seed leaking from his reddened hole. Angel turns slowly, eliciting a soft moan, before bending down and kissing my naked feet.

Yes! I am god! With my childer loyal to me, none can stand against me - ever!

“Angel, beloved Childe,” I reach down and pull him to his feet. His lips taste of his superb honeyed blood as I kiss him, and then slap his tender ass. “Go get dressed.”

He obeys, as I turn to my second errant Childe. Drusilla has already left the bed, and is helping clean Angel’s back with her tongue. She will help him heal quicker.

“Spike, come here.”

Spike swallows nervously, and slides off the bed. Lindsey quickly scampers off too, and attaches himself to Angel. He’s a normal fledge, clinging to his Sire and family. I won’t be getting any trouble from him for the next 10 years or so. He clings to Angel, licking his Sire’s face and mouth. Angel calms his new childe, and then starts to dress him. Finally, I’ll get some respect around here!

“Err...Sire?” Spike mumbles.

“Angel is our Childe, Spike. You are still my Childe. Are you questioning that authority too?” I smirk at him, making him shift his feet uncomfortably.

“Sire... Maybe he’s just worried that you might start acting a little irrational with too much... err power?” Spike replies, cringing as if expecting me to strike.

I did think about it... well, doing more than just hitting him. Flogging, skinning him alive - came top of that list. Then I reconsidered. I could just explain to him... I used to do that before the soul, before shagging Will raw for his indiscretion of course. My cock becomes erect just at the thought.

“Ever thought that it was the loss of my family, the rejection by Darla, the betrayal of my Childer that affected me? My family could be the thing that keeps me from dragging the world into hell.”

Spike steps back, looking totally baffled. He doesn’t know what’s happening. Hey, Angelus is talking to him. I could almost laugh because he’s terrified by me just talking to him!

“You are Angel’s Sire along with me. Spike, I’m entrusting you to keep him in line, and remember your place.” I grin even more. “Now hands against the wall, and let me fuck you.”

Spike’s jaw hangs open. Angel throws him a glance, holding his dressed Childe to him. Drusilla dances around him, kissing his soft hair. Spike looks back at our Childe, and leans against the wall. I don’t prepare him, he should have known better. He should have taken Angel in hand. He screams with the first thrust, making Angel cry out too. I throw him a glance, and he keeps quiet. At last!

I pound into my Childe, revelling in the feel of the eternally tight butt and the smell of his blood. He smells new, like me, Angel and Lindsey. He smells of my new family.

I climax inside him, allowing him to come against the wall. He kisses me when we’re done, on the lips, and turns to dress. Finally, I have my Childer in line. About fucking time. Now I can concentrate on more important things like the slayer and Wolfram and...

*CRASH*

Willow’s POV:

“Angel!!” I sob. My whole body shaking, as I cuddle in the corner. Only an hour ago, Angelus‘ vampire family was getting ready to leave. Angelus ordered me to be set free. I was amazed that he had kept his word. Spike freed my bonds, and thanked me for saving his lover and mate. Angel was his everything I could see that. Spike looked at Angel and melted. Just as Angel looked at him and you could see his soul sparkling in his eyes with the joy of Spike’s affection. Angel was cuddling his new Childe, Lindsey, who clung to his beloved Sire like glue.

Suddenly, all the windows in the warehouse was shattered, and a horde of demons charged in. Behind them were men dressed in black commando suits. Spike shoved me into the nearest corner, telling me to keep low. Angelus and his kin fought tooth and nail against the monstrously large demons. They knew who they wanted, and I guessed they are were from Wolfram and Hart. They wanted Angel. They kept singling him out, slashing him with long vicious claws. The others tried to protect him. They surrounded Angel defending him, but there was so many. They couldn’t hold them off any longer.

They took him. They took Angel.

The way Angelus protected him, what Lindsey told us about Angel’s soul, I know they are going to kill him. They’ll release his damned soul and the gates of hell will open. I start to sob and scream.

The other vampires are gone, chasing after Wolfram and Hart as they took Angel away. I’m alone and I don’t know how to save him.

“Willow? Willow!?”

I look up from my corner. It’s safe to move - everyone has gone. I know that voice. Its Buffy.

“Tara, are you sure she’s here?”

“Yes, both locator spells indicated this warehouse.”

I cry out, hearing the voice of my lover. I jump to my feet and run, my body trembling with the sobs.

Seconds later, I’m in the arms of Tara and Buffy. They hug me tight; terrified I’d been hurt.

“Oh goddess, Buffy. Wolfram and Hart have Angel. They want to release his soul. They want to bring on Armageddon, and now they can do it!”

Spike’s POV:

“The Slayer is the only answer, the stars don‘t lie,” Drusilla whispers.

“No fucking way!” I scream. I will not have Slutty anywhere near my mate! I stamp my foot, and hold my sobbing Childe closer in my embrace. Angel is gone, but I won’t have that bitch finding him. “We don’t need her. Just tell where my fucking mate is I’ll get himself myself!”

“No, you go we all dust!” she sobs in a broken sentence. I’m surprised that my dark goddess is so devastated with the loss of Angel. But I refuse to believe we need the fucking slayer to help him. I won’t let her take him from me. He’s mine!

“Dru is right, Spike.” My Sire approaches calmly and rests his hands on my shoulders. He leans down and kisses my lips, his fingers stroking Lindsey‘s soft hair. He‘s only a fledgling, not even a day old. He’s distraught because he’s not strong enough to save his Sire. “Angel is ours, my Childe - your mate; she cannot take him from us, Childe.” Angelus’ kisses become more forceful and he gropes heavily at my ass. Lindsey’s sobs subside as he’s crushed between us.

I know he’s trying to get me to see his way, but I won’t trust Buffy ever. I spent the last few months getting to know her, and I’ve seen how determined and stubborn she can be. I’ve recognised too the love she will always have for Angel. That won’t change because he’s my mate, she’ll always love him. My greatest fear is that Angel will love her more than me. Once again I’ll end up losing my lover to the Slayer. Anyhow, we‘re fucking vampires! We should stand against a bunch of human lawyers without her! We can suck them dry and save Angel ourselves!

“Sulking will not help us, Spike,” Angelus reprimands. “I want my Childe back, and if that means an alliance with the Slayer - then so be it!

Angelus’s POV:

Finding the Slayer is easy. Stupid girl has made her base at Cordelia’s old apartment. Well, I guess she’ll never need to use it again, considering she’s very much dead. I sigh, feeling my cock harden at the though. She was fun while she lasted.

My Childer wait not far away and I can feel their misery and pain. Lindsey is inconsolable with the loss of his lover and Sire. He is but a baby. At one time such a young fledgling would never leave his Sire’s side for the first week. I need to find my beloved Childe. I won’t let Wolfram and Hart kill him. He’s mine and no one ever takes what belongs to me.

I stand outside the door to the apartment and wait. I know she’ll come soon. She always knows when I’m near. Not a minute later does she open the door and gaze out. She’s such a petite little thing. Tiny boned with fine features. My soul-ed counterpart once... no still loves her. She’s special to him because she made him feel. She’s special to me because of the same reason. Except instead of fucking her, I’d rather be dancing in her intestines and sucking her dry.

“Hello, Lover.”

She’s pale and drawn. No doubt she knows what’s happened to Angel, and what will happen if he’s not found. Or it could be finding her watcher hung, drawn and quartered. Damn - I think I just might be getting to her. I smirk, my eyes glowing with glee. I’ve hurt her and deeply too.

“What do you want? No maggots to grab your attention?” she snarls.

“You know when Wolfram and Hart finally release hell on earth, you will be the one thing I’ll miss,” I tell her sincerely.

“Can’t you get a new line, Angelus,” Buffy answers back. She’s suppressing her emotions well, but not well enough. The hand that grips her stake trembles so much I doubt she’d even manage to kill me. I’ve nearly destroyed her. I killed her mentor, friends, and lover... I nearly killed her closest friends, but now I have to save her from me. I need her to fight at my side against our combined enemy.

“I didn’t come to fight, Slayer. Even though I would love to revel in your blood, and one-day I might, but...”

“Can’t you get to the fucking point?” she screams.

“Language, young lady. Whatever will your mother think?”

Buffy screams in fury and rushes at me with stake raised. She’s so out of focus, I only have to step aside and she misses me easily, landing on the ground beside me. She thumps the ground with an angry fist, and then jumps back up again.

“Nice moves,” I compliment. “Unfortunately, I haven’t come to kill you. We both have a problem. A problem shared is a problem halved, isn’t that what they say?”

“What do you want Angelus! If you want to kill me just get on with it!” There are tears of anguish in her eyes and a part of me would love to push her over the edge. Of course with my current predicament I can’t kill her...yet.

“Angel is alive... No, sorry he’s un-alive now, but I’m sure Willow has already told you that. You should be glad. He was dying, which you clearly refused to accept. He was never meant to be here. His redemption was to be reincarnated into another life without the knowledge of yours, truly. But nooo... you do-gooders brought him back, and along with him - Me. Unfortunately, that’s created another problem. Angel has been expelled from Heaven, and now Wolfram and Hart can use him to open the gates of hell here on earth. For once, neither of us wants that. I want my Childe and you want to save the world. For the first time, we‘re on the same side.”

Buffy’s POV:

I can’t believe this is actually happening. Here I am sitting in the same room as Angelus and the rest of the Scourge of Europe. Drusilla sits upon her Sire’s lap, singing of the stars, while Spike is at his side, comforting that young man Lindsey. He’s a vampire too, with a soul so Willow tells me. He sobs for his Sire, for Angel, the other soul-ed vampire. He loves him, needs him as only a fledgling can. Bastard!

I stare at him and Spike. I can’t take my eyes off them. They have taken what I have always wanted. Willow told me in simple terms how they raped and used my Angel. He doesn’t want to be with them. I’ll make him see that when we find him.

“Why should I trust you,” I snarl again at Angelus. He fiddles with Dru’s hair and just grins at me.

“I returned Xander and Willow in good health to you, didn’t I? I showed I could play fair when I want too.”

“You killed Angel.”

“I turned Angel. He was dying of Cancer. He didn’t have long to live, since it was you foolish humans that brought him back to have his soul condemned.”

I snarl again, jumping to my feet, ready to stake him. Willow catches my arm and drags me back.

“Buffy, please. I saw Angel; he couldn’t survive as human. But what Angelus says is true. If we don’t work together and find Angel quickly; we will all die when Wolfram and Hart open the gates to hell.”

I sigh and sit back down.

“Look Slayer, all we have to do is work together to find Angel,” Angelus answers smartly, “One might conclude that our best chances, no matter how much it disgusts me, is to join forces. We kill this Lilah, stop Wolfram and Hart from hurting Angel, and then everything goes back to normal.” Angelus pauses and gives me a smirk while feeling Drusilla up. “Then I kill your little friends, and your mother mourns over your ruined body. Sound good to you?”

My greatest fear is that Angelus is telling the truth. It’s important to note that my nightmares are usually the ones that come true. This is my worse nightmare. Can I trust Angelus not to kill everyone close to me before we face Wolfram and Hart? Can I trust myself not to kill him when I see Angel? My beautiful dead Angel. The prevalent dilemma I have is: I don’t really have a choice. Angelus has killed half my team; alone I cannot defeat Wolfram and Hart, at the same time as protecting us from Angelus‘ clan. I never thought my ally would one day be Angelus himself.

“Okay,” I sigh. If this is my biggest mistake, at least I won’t live to regret it.

I wish I could have seen Angel for myself though. I still can’t believe he’s dead - a vampire again. I had so many dreams. I dreamed of a wedding, me in a white dress - touching him, kissing him, saying I do. I might not be able to have that now, but if his soul is secure then we could have something. I only have to convince him that this path he has embarked on is wrong.

“My Angel... My Angel...”

I try to shut out the voice of the sobbing Childe. Angel can’t want him. He’s a man! I turn away from Angelus to Willow. I know I’m right in Angel’s feelings for me. He loves me.

“Willow, can you and Tara do a locator spell on Angel?” I ask, remembering the way we found her.

“I doubt it would work,” she replies, “we can try, but a company that knowledgeable in magicks would most likely have safeguards around Angel.”

“Do it!”

“Why haven’t they just staked him?” Xander asks suddenly. He’s standing at the edge of the room, the furthest away from the vampires as possible. He stares uncomfortably at Spike and Angelus. He told me that they had raped Angel before him, how my Angel had died. He also knows what happened to Cordelia. I’m surprised he’s so calm. At his side Anya presses a comforting hand on his arm. “I mean, why wait around. Why not just go for the old stake in the heart - and hello end of the world.”

“The senior partners...” We all turn to Lindsey with the sound of the whisper. It’s the first time he’s spoken anything illegible since he arrived. Most of the time he’s just moaned about my Angel. “The senior partners want to lead the army of hell. Angel will have to be killed in a certain place and time so they can prepare. Otherwise any hell demon could come through first and claim this realm. They will...” he swallows back his tears, “kill him only when they are ready to attack.” Lindsey catches my eye, the bright blue of his orbs shining in the dim light. I see a soul there, but also a terrible jealously - of me.

“Do you have any idea where that could be?” I snap. My voice sharp with anger - at him.

“When we have the 75-year review, they always hold it at the main office. They say that land has been Wolfram’s and Harts since even before the city was built. When the review comes around, a gateway is opened between dimensions. Unlike any other place, they only need to use simple magicks there.”

“That can’t be right,” Willow interrupts. “To open a portal between this and the hell dimension takes a lot of power, the right spells, and certain talismans. I mean it took the First Evil to bring Angel from Hell last time.”

“We take the main office then.” Angelus confirms, standing up and dragging Drusilla to his chest.

“Right, that’s it then,” I answer back sarcastically, “We walk straight into a lawyer’s high rise building, having no idea what’s in there, what magic protects them or even where Angel is. We kill everyone, and save Angel. Right fantastic plan. It’s about as good as Spike’s are.”

“Hey!” Spike yells.

Angelus rests a hand on his Childe’s shoulder. “She’s right... about your plans too. They are crap.” Spike snarls at his Sire. “So Slayer, just what have you got in mind?”

All eyes turn to me. Oh wonderful!

Lindsey’s POV:

Oh Sire! Angel! I need him. I need my Sire. My body calls - begs - to be touched by him. I ache for his presence. Just the smell of him is the only thing that offers comfort. I smell him on Spike, his mate. I never dreamed that being a vampire would be like this. I knew about the immortality, the blood, and the limitations of sunlight and holy water, but I never dreamed about the other things. The way I yearn to taste my family’s blood. The thoughts and feelings that are within. I feel their needs, and when they bite, especially during sex - it burns me. It’s like an overdose of orgasm in my system making it feel like my brain is short-circuiting. Then there’s the feel of them... I can tell they are near, when they are aroused, I can *feel* their desire...I think that maybe I touch their thoughts.

The one I feel most is Angel. Even though he shares Sire-ship with Spike, I yearn for him more. My heart - my soul - is empty without him being here. I can understand why Angelus went a little insane when Angel forced him to leave his vampire clan. I can’t understand how he could do it; it must have taken so much courage to walk away. It must have hurt him so much to deny those needs and desires for your kin. When they touch you - you want to die all over again. Or maybe he left because of the mating urge between Angel (the soul) and Spike. It was so new to him, so frightening to be a human soul shoved into a vampire body, dealing with all those past crimes, and then to have this sudden - completely all-enveloping urge to physically and mentally mate with Spike. I know I could never leave Angel - I’m not strong enough, I love him too much.

I must have fallen asleep after Buffy laid out her plan. I’m only a fledgling; I don’t have the strength and stamina of the rest of my family. Even Angel has somehow inherited his previous vampire strength. Maybe the Powers that Be decided to keep him strong, to help the fight against opening the gates of hell... I don’t know. My mind is so full of questions at this moment. So many fears. Fears about Buffy’s plans.

I told them all I knew about Wolfram and Hart. How Angel had entered before - he snuck in through the underground tunnels. I gave them all the codes I could remember to doors and locks. My cards wouldn’t work even if I had them - they are changed every month. I drew a plan, and told them where events happened. They assume that because the 75 year review is done high up, on the 76 floor, that the same opening of the dimension might happen there. Angelus says to get an army though you’d need a damn big portal - that it would be done high above ground to open a bigger portal... Damn, nearly all our plan is guesswork. We don’t have any real solid details.

Afterwards, Willow and Tara worked on spells to cloak and protect us. The others are getting weapons. They have decided to go in under the building, via the tunnels and work there’re way up. There are so many problems with that idea...

Lilah! Oh fuck! Why didn’t I think of her before? We could use Lilah.

I jump out of Cordelia’s bed and head for the door. I can’t remember getting here; Spike must have carried me in after I fell asleep. I open the door, and shout: “Lilah! That’s it! We need Lilah!”

The others look up from their various jobs and stare at me. “What do you mean, boy?” Angelus snarls at me. I feel his tension and hatred at the mention of that name. She threatened his Childe and has had him kidnapped. “Lilah’s going to die...”

“No! You don’t understand. Lilah has the key cards and access to the whole building. If we could steal those cards before the partners find out, then we could break in. Those cards would operate the doors and lifts; it would open the way to get to Angel. Also Lilah would... well, I‘m sure you could get her to tell you exactly where Angel is.”

“Lindsey’s right. We need Lilah and information. We can’t just barge in to the lion’s den without knowing where Angel is,” Spike agrees, backing me up with Angelus

“Ah, a little persuasive torture. Right up my alley then,” Angelus replies with a smirk. I shiver at the sight of his golden eyes sparkling at the thought. Though I cannot feel any sorrow for Lilah. She took my Sire and she deserves to be punished for that.

Angelus’s POV:

Lilah is such a screamer! I almost wish I could cut that flapping tongue of hers, but I need her to be able to speak. She didn’t do a lot to start off with - speaking that is - oh she did a hell of a lot of screaming of course. Couldn’t fucking stand it. Spike had to physically stop me twice from ripping her friggin’ throat out.

I sigh, leaning back on my chair, and wiping my hands on a damp towel. They are blood smeared... dirty with Lilah’s secretions. She’s started to whimper now, tied to a chair before me. Her legs spread wide, blood pooling on the floor. She’s no virgin I can tell you that. In the end, I took her ass... still didn’t give me much pleasure. Of course, I had to beat her afterwards.

She’s started to babble now. Whimpering over some stupid idea of having a big corner office. Lawyers have no sense of priority. She should be begging for her life, not wondering what’s going to happen to her career. Well... she could beg for her life... though I doubt I’ll be mercifully. She took my Childe; I can never forgive that.

In the room beyond I can hear the humans whispering. Wondering what I’m doing. If they want the information then they should leave me to my methods. Pleading with the bitch to tell us wouldn’t have got us shit. I’ve been at this job a long time. Buffy would have nothing, but me... I know what breaks the human body and spirit... and Lilah’s damn close to the edge.

I stand up, cross over to a table with my toys and pick out a pair of pliers. Lilah finally looks up, noticing me move, her eyes following my hands. She moans as I pick the instruments up. She’s so close to that edge now... so close... she just needs a little push. I pick up a long thin screwdriver.

“Please...” she murmurs, her broken body trembling in the chair. “Plea--se I can’t... I can’t tell...”

I laugh, a rough grating sound. “What? You think I’m more lenient than your bosses are? They aren’t here Lilah, you have to deal with me first. Oh and believe me, I’ve only just started. The human body can endure so much more. I could keep this going for oh... days?”

“Oh god... oh please...” she whimpers blood flowing from broken teeth.

“God isn’t listening, Lilah. I am.”

I lean over, picking up her undamaged hand and placing it on the armrest. She moans, flinching at my touch. I show her the screwdriver and then drive it into her hand. She screams and sobs, her fingers clawing to break free.

“Now... I think we were discussing where Angel is.” I whisper into her ear. She screams again as I twist the screwdriver around.

Oh, this is going to be a long night... but an enjoyable one.

Buffy’s POV:

I’m sick. Sick of myself and the fact that I’ve allowed all this to happen. I could hear the screams of Lilah Morgan all day... I’ll here those screams when I go to my grave. She’s dead now. Angelus and his pack finished her off only moments ago. They tore her apart like rapid animals, gorging on the blood of one who threatened their own.

Angelus came out of that room, fleshly showered, and told us what he had learned. It’s frightening. I had hoped we would have time. We won’t. Tonight, Angel - my Angel - will die. 1am in the morning to be exact.

Lilah said that there should be a ritual. Angel’s blood would be shed, and then he would be hacked to pieces. His limbs marking the 4 corners of the earth before they crumbled to dust. With the release of his blood and soul, the gates would open, and the horsemen of the apocalypse would surge through lead by the senior partners themselves.

Spike went into a rage after that. He tore through Cordelia’s apartment, leaving nothing unturned. Only Lindsey was able to calm him, feeding him his blood, tainted with the taste of his Sire. Spike believes himself to be Angel’s mate. That cannot be possible, a demon cannot mate and love a soul as pure as Angel’s is.

When Lindsey had brought Spike to his senses, Angelus called a meeting. We made our plan. It’s simple. We go in two groups. Human’s through the front door, and vampires crawling through the sewers. Willow and Tara have designed a cloaking spell. It will hopefully last long enough, but they aren’t sure. They have guaranteed that it should disguise the vampires presence from locator spells for at least 15 minutes. That should give them enough time to come in by way of the tunnels, up to the basement and into the elevators. We have Lilah’s cards, and codes to open doors etc. The others and me will go through the front door, demanding to see Lilah and offer help in capturing Angelus. Anything to get their attention. Angelus’s pack will attack the ritual, and we’ll make our way to them.

It’s going to be hard. Some of us might die, but all of us have agreed that we can’t let Wolfram and Hart kill Angel. We can’t let his soul be freed.

It’s time now. I’ve set fire to Cordelia’s apartment; I’ve already called the fire department. They I‘ll be here soon to save the adjoining apartments. I know it’s wrong, but I just can’t let anyone find what Angelus has done. The art of pain and humiliation he’s left behind. It’s sick and depraved. When this is done, I will stake him - with pleasure.

I take up my stake and push it into my jeans. I’m ready now. Ready to save my Angel. I put on my Slayer face, hold my head high, and join forces with my most evil and depraved enemy.

Angel’s POV:

Will this be the last sight I‘ll see? This past day has been full of pain and humiliation. I have become a object of show - something to be stared and sneered at by the whole of Wolfram and Hart. I am the answer to their prayers - the one who will fulfil their plans. They are fools. I am their executioner. With my sentence of death - I will bring theirs.

I know the end will come soon. Tonight they have dragged me up to the 67th floor. I’m chained, naked, bloodied and injured from their beatings. I can’t fight them; they have drained me too much. I can only kneel here in the centre of the floor and stare up at my murderers. Men in black and red capes surround me. They chant in a language I’m sure has never been spoken for the last two millennia. I have been chained in the centre of twin circles with symbols between them. My blood drips onto the circles from slashed wrists, I’m too weak to heal. I know that when all my blood has been spilt, something more will come. I fear that it might be my death.

“Well, well, Angel we sure have come a long way, haven’t we? You have died, been denied heaven, fought against us, saved Darla, and yet - here you are. At my feet, ready to fulfil the mission of Wolfram and Hart. You alone will bring about Armageddon. It’s ironic isn’t it, that you, the champion of the Powers that Be, will be our deliverer.” Holland Manner laughs, and I cannot look at him. What he says is true - all the fighting, all the heartache and denial, the leaving off my family, meant nothing. I am the bringer of death and will be nothing more.

Blood tears fall onto the marble floor, and with shock I realise they are mine. I am going to die and no one can save me this time.

“Don’t worry Angel, your death will be... very painful.” Manners laughs, and takes a sip of his champagne. “Now if you‘ll excuse me, I have to go find our errant Miss Morgan, she must be thanked for bringing you to us.”

He walks away, avoiding the growing puddle of my blood. I don’t want to die alone. I want my life with Spike and my new Childe Lindsey. I want that chance at living again... I...



What the fuck?



Spike? I swear I can hear him... not with my ears but with my mind. Surely, I’ve lost it. The stress, the pain has become too much, my mind is...



I feel like laughing hysterically that the sound - thoughts - of my beloved mate. I send all my emotions to him - all the love and desire I have. One desire in particular. I want him - oh, how I am going to strip him bare and fuck him blind. I feel his desires flow back through the bond.

I feel his mental shiver.





My brain is still stuck on that first part. Why the hell would Willow help Spike?



Angelus and Buffy are working together? It’s hard to believe; yet here I am having a conversation with Spike, via Willow’s spell, waiting to be rescued by them. I feel hope grow within me. I reach out and touch his mind again, stoking those passionate thoughts of his.

I send to him. His mind caresses mine, sending me such feelings of love I could weep again. I close my eyes, just feeling the thoughts of my mate caressing mine, moaning softly as his passions suggest what he could do to me in another time and place. How he would touch me, fuck me, and then welcome me into his body.

Suddenly, a sound interrupts my musing. I open my eyes and look up. I cloaked man is before me and I realise the chanting has stopped. Oh shit! In his hand he holds a dagger. I growl softly. I want to scream and shout but I won’t give the bastards the satisfaction. He slashes my wrists again, and lastly slits my throat. I try to fight but I’m just too weak, I can’t avoid the knife. I cry out through my mind as more of my blood is spilt on the marble effect flooring.



Spike’s POV:



Arggh! Bloody hell! Angel’s psychic scream almost burned out my fucking mind. The shock, fear, and sorrow hits me like a physical blow and I’m on my knees in seconds. The world fades as my sight blurs. I clutch my stomach as it turns over, my head swimming in an ocean of pain.

“Sire!” Lindsey cries from my side. He sounds so far away, as I’m lost in the pain of my mate. He’s so afraid. Hands grab me and pull me to my feet. My eyes start to clear and I gaze into the exact copy of my mate’s face. Oh god, I wish it were him.

“Spike!” he screams, I think he’s been shouting at me for sometime now. “Have they started? Spike!” He shakes me violently, trying to get an answer.

I swallow back my tears, the cries of pain for my mate. “There’ve cut him, he’s losing so much blood. Oh god Sire, we won’t make it!” I’m screaming now, fear finally taking over.

My Sire flings me into the wall with a grunt of disgust. Pain rockets down my spine and helps bring me to my senses. I swear I’m becoming a blasted pansy since mating with Angel. I just need him; I’m so empty without him here with me.

“We move now! Nobody remains standing! Understand?” Angelus snarls at his three remaining Childer. His eyes are ablaze with an unholy fire. Everyone in this building has just signed his or her death warrant. Angelus is always true to his word. With a howl, he charges threw the corridors of Wolfram and Hart, Drusilla quick on his tail. My hand is caught by Lindsey, and I’m dragged along.

I reach out and touch the link with Angel; he’s so weak he can’t even answer back. In only minutes he’s going to be drained... Then I’ll lose him forever.

“NO!” I scream, my face changing. I lost Drusilla once and that almost destroyed me. Without Angel there will be little point in life or anything. I let the bloodlust take over me, let it rise up and consume every part that pretends to be human. My vision changes to red, my nose twitches with the smell of blood. Human blood - blood that will cover these walls.

“Angel!” I howl. I’m the beast now, totally lost within the demon. Fully vampire, and completely pissed.

Buffy’s POV:

Getting into the Wolfram and Hart building was strangely easy. It seems our vampire comrades are in the process of causing more trouble than they can cope with. That certainly wasn’t in the plan. Something must have happened. I fear for my Angel. Spike must have performed that spell Willow gave him - the one to temporarily link with his so-called mate. I move faster now, racing up towards the elevators, my friends struggling to keep up. I fear we are too late, that the vampires must have gone insane with grief... and yet, there is no sign of a portal.

No! Angel must still be alive. The whole of the lower building is filled with screaming, quickly moving upwards towards the 67th floor. Xander is the last to dive between the elevator doors just before they close.

“You think we’re too late?” he gasps, looking around with wide frightened eyes.

“No,” Willow answers, her face a mask of concentration as she tries to cast a spell. She moans, unable to complete it. “Damn ritual is still taking place - it’s blocking all other spells. Angel must still be alive.”

“We’re running out of time,” I tell them, my hand clutching my stake. “Spike must have linked with Angel to discover that. I think they have gone insane with the bloodlust.”

“Oh great, now we have to avoid Wolfram and Hart and four insane vampires!” Xander exclaims as he slumps against the elevator wall.

We’re all silent after his outburst. Xander has a wonderful way of just blurting out the truth. The elevator is taking us higher and higher, a mechanical voice counting up the floors. A voice that could be counting down to our fate.

“64...65...66...67...Doors opening...”

The doors open into chaos. People are screaming, demons are fighting our vampire allies. How the hell did they make it up here so quickly?

“Xander, Anya, try and get all these humans out of here. We’ll try and cut the bloodshed by clearing them out. Willow, Tara, break that ritual.” My friends only nod their agreement, frightened young eyes looking around the room, as Angelus’s clan leaves nothing standing in its wake.

I fly out of the elevator with a flying kick, knocking aside the nearest demon. He’s huge, with hundreds of horns covering his body. He gives me a quick grin, reaching out for the kill, and then I plunge my stake into his forehead. He’s dead in seconds. Guess he didn’t know I was the slayer. I turn my attention back to the fight. Down some steps, and at the far end of the room, I spot Angelus and Spike fighting side by side, trying to get through this bunch of red and black cloaked demons. That’s where I need to be. I almost dance across the room, avoiding kicks, teeth, and tazers. Lindsey and Drusilla are making quick work of the remaining humans, and I feel a tinge of guilt. I’m on their side - allowing them to kill so many...

I push the thought aside and run towards Spike. He’s broken through the ring of demons, while Angelus takes them all on. Spike is the one that will find Angel first. I take a flying leap at the nearest red cloaked demon, kicking it in the head, and using it’s bulky body as a jumping board over the next row of enemies. I land on my feet, still clutching a bloodied stake. It’s then I spot Angel.

He’s kneeling naked on the floor, his arms and legs chained into position. The whole floor is covered in his blood, contained within a red circle. Before him stands a human male... oldish, but holding a wickedly long double edged board sword.

“Angel!” I scream. I run, trying to catch up to Spike. Angel looks up at his mate, his eyes pleading for someone to save him.

“Angel!” Spike screams, his voice hoarser because of a mouth full of fangs and the bloodlust. He dives into the human, instantly breaking his back. There are screams, and I can’t look as Spike rips him apart. Human warm blood spatters everywhere.

Suddenly, there is a howl behind me and an Asian man ploughs past me, pushing me aside. I’m caught off balance by his attack and sent sprawling. I jump to my feet, grabbing the man from behind but...

“Angel!”

Oh god, I’m too late. Too late!

I drop my stake and fall to my knees. I was too late. The Asian had pushed a stake into my boyfriend’s chest. It sticks directly into his heart. Tears fill my eyes, and I wait for the dust to cover me. Cover me in my lover’s ashes...

Angel’s POV:

“NO! Angel!”

I’m not dead. There’s a stake stuck in my heart and I’m not dead. How can this be possible?

I’m kneeling on the floor, my back arched to fend off the blow, but I couldn’t get away. The man - who Spike killed with a flick of his wrist - plunged a solid wooden stake into my chest. I felt it enter my heart. I felt the burn inside, but I’m still here. I’m still solid.

“Get it out! Get it out!” I look up into the faces of my mate and Buffy. They’re staring at me as if I’ve... got a stake in my heart and am still alive. Which is impossible for human or vampire.

“Get it out!”

At first, I don’t understand the person shouting at me. I think... its Willow. She’s running towards us waving her arms. Could she mean the stake?

It’s Spike that comes out of his shock first. With trembling hands he takes hold of the thick end and pulls. I scream with the pain as my shattered ribs are shifted, and the dead muscle torn. He drops it to the floor when it’s free, as if it burned his hands. A look of pure fear covers his features, his eyes are so scared - petrified because for one awful second he believed he had lost me. I know because I felt the same way. I’ve only just found Spike - my mate, my lover - and I never want to leave him.

“Angel?” My other half whispers. He touches my face, falling to his knees before me. “Oh god, Angel. I thought... I thought...” Tears drip from vampire eyes. His trembling fingers stroke the side of my cheek and settle at my lips. My tongue flicks out and licks the tips. He groans deep inside his chest and arches towards me. Our lips are only inches apart; I can feel his panted breath caress my face. I know if I kiss him, I’ll never stop. We share a look, knowing that our reunion must wait. I feel his mind brush mine, his passion igniting a fire within me. I wish I wasn’t naked at this moment - because even with the blood loss and pain - I’m hard.

“Oh thank goddess!” Willow cries, as she grabs Buffy’s arm. Both Spike and I look up amazed.

“How?” I ask.

“The ritual,” she pants out, “Lilah said that they would cut you into 4 pieces and place a part on each of the four points of the compass. Now we all know that Vampires are dusted when you cut their heads off, so some part of the ritual must have included an clause to keep your body together long enough for them to do that.”

“The stake. That’s why he didn’t turn to dust.” Buffy mumbles, her eyes still staring at me and completely ignoring my mate kneeling before me.

Willow grins; looking pleased with herself for figuring it out. “Yeah, It’s a good job we...”

“Angel!” Buffy yells, and with a flash of movement she’s coming towards me. Willow jumps back startled by her friends’ sudden strike. Even Spike moves aside. Damn lucky thing, too! He shifts away just in time to miss Buffy’s sharp stake as it flies directly for his heart.

I howl at the threat to my mate, batting his attacker aside before even realising that I am hitting Buffy. In my fury, the chain holding my wrist broke, allowing me to reach her. She stumbles back, while I crumble to the floor completely exhausted. I cry out with the pain of my torn wrist and broken arm.

From my advantage point on the floor, I watch as Spike jumps away from the infuriated Slayer, and blocks another thrust of her weapon. Everything starts happening at once. My family, having finished off the remaining humans and demons, turn their attention to the attacking Slayer. Angelus howls with fury at the sight of me on the floor and Spike fighting for his life. In a blink of an eye, the eldest vampire of our family strikes. He leaps across the room, landing on the back of my ex-girlfriend. In her fury, she manages to buck and dislodge him. Angelus lands on the floor, does an impressive back flip and he’s back on his feet again. She’s now surrounded by two enraged vampires.

I know they are going to kill her. She attacked Spike, but she did it for me. She doesn’t understand. I can see it in her eyes. She thinks I’m hers still. I can’t let her die because of me. I can’t.

“Buffy! Angelus! Please, no!” I cry out, trying to crawl across the floor towards them. At my side appears my young Childe - Lindsey. He’s found the key to my manacles and starts to release me. Finally! His strong arms surround my body and he lifts me to my feet. I’m so weak - fading away because of the blood loss. “Angelus, my mate, please I need you,” I plead. “Please listen to me and ignore her.”

My whole body trembles as I cling to my Childe. Lindsey wants to feed me, but he’s too young. I need elder blood - my Sire’s blood - to heal my wounds. My eyes beg them to listen - to ignore the girl that threatens them. Spike is first to break away. With preternatural speed he’s at my side, bringing my head to his throat. Lindsey holds me up, as I sink my fangs into cool, welcoming flesh. The luxurious taste of my Sire/Mate fills my mouth, and I cling to him. Nothing will taste as he and my family does. I yearn only for their blood. The blood of humans and demons in this room doesn’t do anything to me. It’s them - my kin - I hunger for.

I don’t know how long I fed from Spike, but tender fingers plied me away from him and I was drawn into new arms. A body so much like my own - an almost perfect duplicate - Angelus. I cling to my Sire, my body aroused now by the blood, my hunger being sated by the age and power of it. I rub my body against his, hearing him groan into my ear as I touch his hard length with my own. One strong hand slips down from my back and cups my buttocks. I sigh into the bite, knowing that I am home.

Finally, more hands draw me away and Spike deposits me into the hands of our Childe. Lindsey holds me tightly, rocking me and mumbling sweet nothings into my ear.

“Let him go!” Buffy screams, her stake held firm in her hand. The only thing holding her back is Willow and Xander on both her arms. “He’s not yours! He’s mine! Angel please come to me. I’ll save you.”

Save me? Save me from what? A love of a family? The devotion of Mate and Childe? The knowledge that I am finally home and found my place in the world? Oh... I understand.

“Buffy, I’m so sorry. I can’t come with you. This is my home - with my family. With Spike and Lindsey, and Angelus and Dru. This is where I belong.”

“No Angel! You belong with me. We can be together. You and me, we could have all those dreams, Angel.”

“No, Buffy, we can’t,” I answer sadly. I know that with my soul secure I could make love to her, I could give her companionship, love, and all those things she wants. The only problem is - I don’t want to. I have what I want. I’ve never felt so complete as I am now.

“You want to stay with them!?” she yells suddenly, noticing my reluctance to leave the embraces of Lindsey and Spike. “They raped you! Used you! They took your life!”

“Raped? When... they never raped me. Not even in the beginning. Some part of me wanted it even then. My Mate could never rape me. I caused myself pain, Buffy. I ignored the mating call between Spike and myself. I’m the one that hurt and rejected him. My family would never hurt me.”

Buffy steps back amazed by my answer. “You want to stay with them. With Spike and... and Lindsey.”

“Yes, I do. I’m so sorry, Buffy, but our relationship ended with my death. Everything changed then and I’m not the same person I was before. I can’t go back to that life - it hurt too much, our love hurt too much. I hope that one day you’ll understand and accept when I say - I’m so sorry but I can’t love you like that anymore.”

I look away, unable to take her pain filled gaze. I hope she does understand one day. I hope her pain stops just as mine has. I look at Angelus and he holds my gaze.

“Angelus let them go, please,” I plead with him. He snarls at me, and then the humans who immediately jump back a step. With a look of pure aversion at the humans, he stalks away from us, taking Dru with him.

Both Spike and Lindsey help me to my feet, and I walk towards Buffy. Tears are trailing down her face, and she sobs as I touch her soft cheek. “I will always love you. You hold a special place in my heart, Buffy. You gave me the strength of will when I didn’t have any. Thank you. Please, go now and live your life while I live mine.” I kiss her forehead, and hobble away, my beloveds holding me between them.

3 months later, Hyperion Hotel, LA:

Spike’s POV:

Angel received a letter this morning. It came from Sunnydale and I knew it was from the Slayer. I let him read it alone, and strangely I can feel it hasn’t upset him. He’s sitting in the front office, while I have a fag on the stairs. I want to know what it says. What the bitch is trying to tell him to do. There were phone calls every day that first week when we came home to the Hyperion. I stopped her speaking to him after the first couple of days. She stopped him having fucking sex!

Suddenly, a soft touch on my shoulder makes me look up. Lindsey stands beside me, his eyes on his Sire in the other room.

“Got a fucking letter from her,” I tell him. He grins down at me, and sits on the step at my side. I know I’m jealous, I can’t help it. Angel still has some love for her. I know it’s nothing like ours, but still I hate him sharing his emotions with anyone outside the family.

We both look up at the sound of a door opening. Angel steps out the office and approaches us. He hands me the letter and sits down beside me. I hand him the fag, and he takes a deep drag.

Angel,

I’m so sorry for what you have suffered. You should have been left to your redemption. I hope you find the peace and happiness that has been denied you, with your family and mate. I too am guilty for wanting you back from your promised redemption. I never thought about how you would feel torn from Heaven, never allowed to return. I just thought about my future, a family and house with a white picket fence. We are all guilty of that, but you showed me there must be balance in this world. That we lose people, family and we have to let them go. They move on, change, and you were prevented from doing that. I can only say how sorry I am.

I’ll always love you, and I’ll miss you. I know that you are safe and protected. Please don’t come back to Sunnydale because I know I’ll never be able to kill you, knowing what I know. Be happy Angel. Be complete with Spike.

Love Buffy.

Fuck! She let him go! I can’t believe it. Finally, Angel will be able to set his past to rest and move on with me.

“What’s it say?” Lindsey asks, snatching the letter.

“Hey, Childe! That’s mine!” Angel snarls as he grabs the letter back from Lindsey.

“You let Spike read it!”

“Spike is my mate.”

Lindsey tries to grab it back, slapping Angel’s fingers to get him to free it. Instead of letting go, Angel jumps up and runs across the lobby with the letter. Lindsey snarls, his face changing between human and vampire, then back again. He’s still learning to control his abilities. He jumps up and chases Angel across the room. I start to laugh as Angel easily evades our Childe, running him ragged.

Angel laughs more, causing him to slow and allowing Lindsey to catch one of his feet as he flies by. Both Childe and my mate fall to the floor, rolling over each other. They laugh, but then Lindsey nips at Angel’s throat making him snarl with desire. Their laughter soon turns to moans of desire as Lindsey finally breaks the skin of his Sire’s throat. The smell of Angel blood fills the air. Oh damn he smells so good! I lick my lips, feeling my cock jump at the scent of my mate. Oh yeah, want him now.

I snub out the fag, and jump to my feet. Lindsey is lapping at Angel’s throat, cleaning up the tiny drops of blood from his wound. He moans in Angel’s arms, humping his groin into his Sire’s leg. Our Childe can’t hold back his passions at times, I think he’s going to use up his immortal libido in the first year of vampire life. He’s even worn Angelus out.

Angel’s dilated eyes catch mine as I stand looking down at them writhing on the carpeted floor. I grin, shrugging out off my coat, and then pulling off my T-shirt. I get down behind Lindsey; he doesn’t notice he’s far too engrossed in Angel’s body. My hands slide over his back and start pulling his shirt out. I mange to free the shirt tails and then yank them apart. The shirt rips up the centre, and I start pushing the sleeves down his arms. Next, I slip my hands around his waist and unzip his tight jeans. Damn, he‘s almost as bad as me!

I drag his jeans down lithe legs, pulling off his sneakers as I go. He groans as his naked groin rubs against Angel’s. Our lover always manages to arouse us both just by the smallest touch, or even an alluring look. Both Angel and I turn out attention to the Childe writhing between us. We stroke his strong back and butt, over his thighs and chest, all the time missing that one place at his groin. He groans and presses frantically against Angel - trying to get some relief.

“Bite him, luv,” I whisper into his ear.

Angel laughs, and drags Lindsey’s head down to his throat. I hear his deep purr as sharp teeth break the skin and Lindsey starts to gently suck. I run my hands down to Lindsey’s butt as Angel strokes his sharp hipbones. We push him up on his knees, now allowing him to rub against Angel’s stomach. He growls into Angel’s flesh, swallowing down the sweet, honeyed blood. My fingers find the tight opening of Lindsey’s anus and I press against him. His hips push back, knowing - hoping - for what comes next.

“Strip, Spike,” Angel groans, his eyes never leaving mine. I smile and rip off my jeans in two seconds flat. My cock leaps free, pointing at Lindsey’s wriggling butt. Angel’s eyes close, as his hands move up to pull Lindsey from his throat. His trousers are stretched wide by his rampant erection.

“Our Angel is a little over dressed don’t you think, Lindsey?” I ask seductively into our Childe’s ear. Lindsey's too far-gone to answer. Instead, he just groans his agreement. I run my hands over Angel’s, finally grabbing him by the wrists and pushing them to the ground. Angel grins, knowing he’s going to get ravished in the next few minutes. It’s so strange how our desire for Angel always takes over us. No matter which partners I drag to our bed, Angel is always in the middle.

Both Angel and I laugh at Lindsey’s desperate hands. He tears at my mate’s clothing, stripping off his shirt in shreds. I turn my attention to his jeans, tearing out the zip and giving him a good grope before pulling them down and off. Shoes and socks follow, as the last remains of his shirt are thrown across the room. Lindsey attacks my lover’s chest, biting his nipples. Lindsey always concentrates on the most obvious places. For Angel that doesn’t always mean the most sensual. I’ve discovered Angel has the most unique sensitive spots on his body. They are even different from Angelus’s. Angelus loves being bitten at his throat and hipbones. Angel adores to be stroked and licked.

I lean down, pushing Lindsey aside but not away from Angel’s chest. I’ll let him lave and attack Angel’s nipples all he wants. Me, I turn my attention to Angel’s belly button. He howls as I lick across his trembling muscles. His stomach clenches as my tongue laves the sensitive skin.

“Oh Spike!” my lover moans, his hands trying to push me away. He half hates-half loves me torturing him here. I push his hands away, and Lindsey urges them around his back, holding tight. He sighs into his Sire’s embrace. Angel holds him tighter, comforting our Childe with his touch. It’s time to bring this along a bit. I do by letting my fangs slip into his soft flesh. Angel cries out as I start sucking blood from his tight inward button. He shivers, trying to buck me off. My mate screams again in desire as Lindsey bites into a hard, brown nipple. The smell of heavenly blood fills the lobby, urging me on.

I stroke my hands over Angel’s curved hipbones, completely missing his erect organ on purpose. I don’t want him to come too soon. I remove my fangs, lapping up the spilt blood. Our first priority will have to be Lindsey; he’s frantically rubbing the floor with his cock, trying to achieve orgasm. I drag his hips from the floor, pulling him onto his hands and knees. He fangs release Angel’s flesh as he howls in denied fury. A font of blood sprays Lindsey’s face.

I drag his hips forward, pressing his ass against my groin. Considering he was a virgin to male sex when Angel and I turned him, he has sure made up for lack of experience with more than enough enthusiasm. Though after three months of continuous sex with his horny ass, there isn’t much he hasn’t done. Now it’s time for something new. I rub my cock against his crease, making him moan and thrust back against me. He’s reattached himself back to Angel’s nub, sucking hungrily on the beatific blood. Now it’s time to touch another of Angel’s sensual places.

I love taking Angel front to front, or having easy access to his knees. Why - because as soon as I stroke underneath his knees I can’t keep him still. I stroke my hands down Angel’s firm thighs, let my fingers wander under his legs and I stoke that tender muscle. Angel shifts under Lindsey, his legs parting trying to get away from my fingers. I stroke again, harder this time, making him jump.

“Spike!” he hisses again. I laugh urging his knees up, continuing to stroke the soft skin until he wriggles about and then calming him with long caresses up his thighs to his tight ass. Today, it’s my turn to take him. We decided on exchanging days because we can never decide who will penetrate whom. We used to beg, fight and argue until one would back down and fuck the other raw. Angelus put an end to that. He was desperate and we couldn’t decide who would be taken first by the other. In the end, Angelus blew his lid and tied us both to a bed for a week, taking his enjoyment out of one, then the other, without allowing either to come. Bastard.

So we decided we had to solve the problem. We alternate days. He takes me one day, then I have the next day. Now we just argue about who has Lindsey. He prefers Angel because he was his first lover, but at the moment he’s willing to bend at the waist for anyone. I dread to think what he’s going to be like when he’s his own vampire.

“Spike! Fuck me!!” Angel screams. I had lost myself in my thoughts and forgotten I was still fondling the skin behind his knees. Poor luv, I laugh.

I draw Angel nearer, pressing my cock against his opening. He growls, trying to push against me, even with Lindsey’s weight on his chest. I prepare him with one finger, digging my nails into his puckered opening and letting the blood flow. He howls with delighted pain, and just as he calms down, I shove forward. His cry echoes around the room, as his inner muscles clench around my dick. Oh yeah, he’s so fucking tight I think he’s going to squeeze me off!

When I’m settled deep within his grasping channel, we turn our attention to the desperate Childe between us. Angel pulls Lindsey from his chest, breaking a suckling bond between his hungry mouth and Angel’s gorgeous brown teat. Lindsey whines as the bond is broken, trying to return to his Sire’s chest. Angel shoves his hands deep into his Childe’s hair and drags the red mouth up to his to kiss passionately. I groan in return, as they kiss with a frightening intensity. Lips spilt under the force, and blood flows between their mouths. Damn, I’ll have to get a bit of that myself later.

I drag Lindsey’s hips over Angel’s and tilt him forward. His beautiful tight rosebud rests over Angel’s hard cock. I dig my nails into his ass just as I did Angel’s, making him scream into his Sire’s mouth. His cock jerks against Angel’s belly. He’s going to come at any moment. Blood covers Angel’s length, and I guide Lindsey down onto it. Our Childe screams as he’s penetrated, and covers Angel’s chest and chin in cool ejaculate. The pleasure was too much for one so young. Mixing sex and blood never fails to send fledglings over the edge early. Still, my lover has yet to come, and Lindsey is a welcoming hole for him to fuck. I wrap my arms around Angel’s knees holding his legs tight to my body and start to pound into his body. Angel howls again, his hips jerking into Lindsey’s ass, making the younger vampire start to scream in a second orgasm.

Angel thrusts up into our Childe, holding him tightly to his chest as Lindsey sobs from the pleasure. His body must be burning with the contact of both of us, the drawn out pleasure. Damn, I’m glad I am over 100 years old and able to hold my orgasm back and let the desire build until it explodes - it blows ya fucking brains out.

I throw back my head, ignoring everything but the feel of my cock inside my beloved mate. The feel of his muscles clenching around me... Bloody hell, even with my control I don’t think I’ll be able to last much longer. I grunt and shove Angel’s legs further apart, trying to bury my whole body within in his heated place.

“Oh Angel. Angel. Angel!” I start to chant.

“Spike,” he cries in return. I feel the mating bond between us flare and burn with a life of it’s own. He tightens around me, and I know he’s on the edge too. He grabs Lindsey’s hair and drags his Childe’s throat down to his mouth. Poor Lindsey bellows in agony as his cock spews out even more pinkish cum. Lindsey buries his fangs into Angel’s throat, drinking greedily at the powerful blood. I want to taste that too.

I lift one of Angel’s long legs and fling it over my shoulder. He cries out with the stretch along his leg and back, but it makes me able to sink my fangs into the thick muscle of his leg. I climax with the first taste of his blood. He tastes of sunshine, life and eternity. No other vampire can taste as Angel does. No other could even come close to my affection for him - not Angelus and not Lindsey. He is the centre of my universe.

Our orgasm goes on and on, the heated blood drawing it out longer and longer. The pleasure passing between the three of us is as powerful as a supernova. I can taste the potency of Angel’s bright blood, the young vitality of Lindsey’s, and the hint of my own darkness. My blood is filled with dark desires and yearnings, and mixed with Angel’s bright, burning soul filled blood it’s like the elixir of ecstasy.

Screams fill the lobby, but I’m unsure from whose throat they are torn from. Like always, the power of the blood augmented orgasm tears us away from each other, the intensity too much to bear any longer. I fall back, breaking my hold on Angel’s leg, slipping from his body to lie staring up at the ceiling. I think I’ll stay here forever. I sigh, wondering where my fags are.

A body crawls beside me and curls into my side. I grin, as I smell the delicious scent of my mate. I wrap my arms around him, holding him tightly to my chest.

“Find my fags, luv,” I plead sleepily, kissing his forehead, “please.”

Angel laughs and digs around for my jeans with a free hand. His other resting very nicely over my currently flaccid length. It won’t be that way much longer. He lets out a little huff of joy upon finding my fags and drops them onto my chest along with the lighter he bought me - Which is really embarrassing. It has ‘Angel and Spike forever’ in a heart engraved on the silver front. Yet, I hate it when I can’t find it...

“That’s a new fucking carpet!”

Oh shit!

Angelus stands with Drusilla hanging on his arm in front of the patio doors. He stares down at his three childer, a frightening scowl on his face. He’s updated a lot of this hotel with money stolen from Wolfram and Hart, including this carpet... which currently has semen and blood stains all over it.

Lindsey crawls over to us, and buries himself into the curve of Angel’s legs. He has every right to be scared. Angelus has started unbuttoning his shirt shelves pushing them up to his elbows. That sure means were in trouble - Angelus hates getting his clothing dirty.

“Well, what are you all lying there for?” Angelus hollers. “Run!”

We jump to our feet and do exactly what he says. Our screams fill the lobby as Angelus chases his errant childer. Even Drusilla has to join the fun. Of course, they all have to chase my Mate. Angelus will catch him first as he always does. He kisses my mate, and then takes him hard and fast. I hate how my Sire has to have Angel, as if keeping my mate inline will keep his family together. Maybe that’s true... but sometimes I think Angel lets him win. He lets Angelus control the clan on the outside. Because in reality Angel is the heart and soul of our family. He is what binds us together. It’s him we yearn for, him we fight over. He who sleeps in the centre of our every large bed (with me next to him off course - I am his mate.)

Angelus finishes inside my mate, and moves on to Lindsey. Angel leers over at me and draws me into his embrace. I find my fags again and light one. Angel never smokes a whole one... he prefers them with my spit on them. I rest myself along his body, leaning my head on a firm shoulder. He might have the same body as Angelus, but to me it feels so different... so wonderful. Perfect. Mine.

“Angel, do you regret not going with Buffy?” I ask suddenly. It’s a thought that’s been bugging me all this time.

“Beloved, what brought that thought on?” Angel strokes my hair, his touch like fire on my skin.

“This,” I indicate, pointing to Angelus currently screwing Lindsey, while bringing Drusilla off with his fingers. “We... don’t have souls luv, well, apart from Lindsey... but you could be doing good like before, the dark avenger or whatever, living with a beautiful woman...”

“Spike this is my life. Whatever happens, I don’t regret being with you. I’m not the same person that died, beloved. I’m not that Angel. I’m the Angel that was denied heaven, whose soul will open the gates of hell if I die. I’m the Angel that is your mate, Sire to Lindsey, Childe to Angelus. I’m happy here. I am complete with you and I never want to change that.”

Angel looks around, and tightens his arms around me.

“To me, Spike, this is heaven.”



The End