A WINK AND A DRINK

AUTHOR: Lorne's Ladylove (aka Jennifer Whildin)

CONTACT: swashbuckler@mindspring.com

SERIES: Angel

PAIRINGS: Lorne (aka The Host)/Cordy

CREATED: August 11, 2001

RATING: NC-17

DISTRIBUTION: Do not distribute without the author's (Jennifer Whildin) permission. HostFic, LoveLorne, AngelHost, and BaskingInTheArmsOfTheHost are all permitted to archive A WINK AND A DRINK.

DISCLAIMER: This story, A WINK AND A DRINK, is (c) Copyright 2001 Jennifer Whildin. All rights reserved. Characters and settings from ANGEL are T, ®, and © Copyright 2001 Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Warner Brothers. All rights reserved. No infringement or disrespect is intended.

SUMMARY: Cordy has a little too much to drink.

 

A Wink And A Drink
by Lorne's Ladylove

Angel and Friends clinked their glasses together in celebration. After a lengthy battle, they'd finally defeated a hoard of Plague demons. Plague demons were rarely beaten; one scratch and you die a long, agonizing death. The first symptom is foul-smelling pustules covering your body. The rest ain't pretty.

Wesley took a large sip of champagne and grinned widely. "Man, that was...exciting! I needed that!"

"Maybe *you* did, English," Gunn said, "but one of those big uglies nearly tore my shirt! I'd have been *real* pissed if that thing ruined my brand-new shirt! I paid $125 for it!"

"You paid $125 for *that*???" Wes asked, incredulous.

Gunn shot him a warning look. "Yeah." Wes smirked as he took another sip.

Cordy took a hearty sip of her champagne. "I wish I could drink like a lady," she commented, licking her upper lip. "I just love champagne."

"Hey, I heard you guys had a big night," greeted The Host. "Drinks are on The House!" The gang raised their glasses in thanks.

The night went on and there was plenty of laughing and cheering. Lorne sang a couple of songs, inspiring Cordy to dance by her table. Lorne smiled and winked at her as he sang. After the second drink, Angel went on stage and sang yet another Barry Manilow tune. Nobody danced to that.

When Wes began pouring a third round of drinks, Cordy politely refused. "I can take one or two at the most."

"Oh, come on! We're celebrating! We'll see you home safely!" Wes urged her.

Waving her hand, Cordy flashed him a bright smile. "Oh, all right! Why not?"

A few minutes later, a demon was on stage belting out a screechy version of Rockin' Robin.

"Wow, he's good!" Cordy exclaimed. Angel, Wes, and Gunn all raised their eyebrows.

When the demon finished, Cordy jumped up, loudly cheering and applauding. "Yay! You were wonderful! Woohoo!" She lost her footing and fell. Lorne saw her and ran over. She crawled around to get in a better position for getting up and ended up halfway under the table. As Angel and Lorne helped her up, she banged her head on the underside of the table. "Oww!" she cried, then giggled. "Three and I'm under the table!"

"Ok, Little One," Lorne grinned, rubbing her head. "I'm going to put you on my sofa to let you sober up." He took her in the back. When he returned, he assured the guys she'd be fine to spend the night. He checked on her a couple of times before Caritas closed.

After Caritas was locked up for the night, Lorne went into his apartment, where he found Cordy sitting up on the sofa with a glass of bourbon in her hand. She'd obviously found his liquor cabinet.

"Come here, Sweetie," she motioned flirtatiously.

Grinning, he refused. "You weren't supposed to keep drinking." He wagged his finger at her. "Bad girl."

"Are you going to spank me?" she smiled wickedly.

Lorne sighed. "Why didn't I see *that* coming?" He sat next to her and slipped his shoes off. He jumped to the ceiling when Cordy plopped her hand on his crotch. She laughed.

Lifting her hand on his private area, his face serious, he told her, "No."

Giggling, her hand grabbed him determinedly. "YES!"

"Cordy! Come on. I'm tired." He held her hand on her lap for a moment to emphasize he was serious. It didn't work.

She quickly rolled so that her face was in his lap and began undoing his pants. He was about to protest again, but the sight of her head down there caused his lower flesh to stir.

Cordy worked him slowly, causing him to grip the cushions tightly. He moved his hips with her mouth. When she increased her motions, he began rubbing his fingers through her hair.

Just when he couldn't take it anymore, he lifted her head up and took off his pants, revealing black briefs. Those came off, too. He was naked but for his jewelry. Cordy removed her dress, revealing no underwear.

Lorne was at full attention. He laid Cordy on her back on the floor and climbed on top. He kissed her mouth and rubbed against her. She opened her legs and he slid inside her. Their tongues did a dirty dance as he fucked her. They were sweaty. It was over quickly as they climaxed together. They laid on the floor next to each other and Cordy laughed, "Four and I'm under The Host!"

"What?"

"Drinks! Four drinks!" Cordy laughed some more.

"Oh." Lorne was fast asleep.

The next day, Cordy was in a bookstore, trying to occupy her mind. She'd been trying to decide how she felt about the previous night's activities. She opened a book of poetry by the late Dorothy Parker, a poet best remembered for her wit. As she flipped through the pages, some familiar words caught her eye, causing her to smile. She read the poem:

I wish I could drink like a lady
I can take one or two at the most
Three and I'm under the table
Four and I'm under the host.

END