Title: Rafe's Return

Author: Moonloon

Fandom: Andromeda

Pairing: Harper/Rafe

Rating: NC17

Status: Complete

Archive: Um, okay

Feedback: Oh, I NEED feedback like other people need air

e-mail: maryavatar@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: Hmmm...How about: Rafe and Harper *are* mine. They pleasure me hourly and then they bake
choclate cake and dance the tango across my living room.

 

RAFE'S RETURN

By Moonloon

The Andromeda exited slipstream and the crew all breathed a sigh of relief. It was time for some much needed R&R. As the mail from Solus Drift and Solus Prime came in Beka groaned. "Okay everyone, hide your valuables: Rafe is in the area and he's on his way over for a few days."

"What does he want this time?" Dylan asked.

Beka shrugged. "I don't know, but knowing Rafe it's probably sneaky, semi-illegal and I'll end up carrying the can. That's the way it usually works. He'll be here tomorrow."

Dylan sighed, "We could always refuse him entry and slipstream to the next friendly port?"

"I can't just tell my brother to get lost." Beka replied

"We need a new casing for the secondary reactor. Solus is the only place in fifteen jumps we can get one. So unless you like glowing in the dark." Harper said.

"Okay, okay." Dylan raised his hands in submission. "But if he steals anything or gets us involved in one of his scams, I'll toss him out the airlock without a second thought."

Tyr had been watching Harper closely through the exchange. When Harper left the command deck Tyr followed him. Harper, what are you hiding?" He asked as they walked towards engineering.

"Hiding? I'm not hiding anything." Harper scoffed.

"You reacted to the news of Rafe Valentine's arrival."

"No I didn't. And if I did, it's just because it's nice Beka gets to see her brother. I haven't seen any of my family since I left Earth."

"Have you met Rafe? You weren't here the last time he visited."

"I've run into him once or twice."

"The two of you would seem to have a lot in common."

Harper glared at Tyr, "What's *that* supposed to mean?"

"Your pupils dilated, your heartbeat sped up, you secreted pheromones. These are not the symptoms of someone who thinks 'it's nice Beka gets to see her brother'. They are the symptoms of someone going into heat."

"Bite me!" Harper growled and strode off.

Tyr crossed his arms and watched Harper's retreat. "I hope he knows what he's doing." Tyr shook his head, he wasn't responsible for Harper's behaviour, he thought. Anyway, Harper was a grown man; he didn't need Tyr to guide him. Except he did. Tyr snorted and returned to the command deck.

<><><>

Harper was twitchy. He dropped his nanowelder twice and burned his fingers on a simple power relay. Cursing, he put away his tools and prepared to jack into Andromeda's systems.

"Something bothering you boy?" Tyr's voice behind him made Harper jump.

"Shit Tyr! Don't sneak up on people like that."

Tyr grinned. "You're usually more alert than that. Is something distracting you? The arrival of Beka's brother perhaps?"

Harper closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Opening his eyes he said, "Look Tyr, not that it's any of your business but Rafe and I had a couple of brief.very brief flings over the years. They were a long time ago and it's all over now. We parted ways
on okay terms and Beka never knew, okay? I'd rather she didn't find out about this."

"Why?" Tyr looked puzzled.

"Just because."

"Because?"

"Because it was a while ago and she'd be pissed that I didn't tell her the first time. I didn't tell her then because Rafe ripped her off thanks to me. I'd only been crewing for her a couple of months and I thought she'd throw me off at the next stop if she
found out."

"I see. So you want me to keep the information to myself?"

"Please."

Tyr grinned again. "You realise you are going to owe me for this?"

Harper groaned. "Isn't seeing me grovel enough."

Tyr's low laugh followed him out the door.

"Crap."

<><><>

"Hey sis, looking good." Rafe stepped through the airlock. "Captain Hunt. I hope we can forget all that Restor stuff and get along this visit."

"Hurmph." Dylan replied.

"It's good to see you Rafe." Beka said with a scowl at Dylan. "And whatever scam you have going isn't going to work so why don't we just have a nice visit instead?"

Rafe pretended shock, "Scam? Me? You know I'd never scam you." At Beka's raised eyebrows he said, "Well lets just say I'm not scamming *this time*, huh?

Beka laughed, "Your quarters are this way, I've hidden all my CDs and warned the crew about safeguarding their valuables."

As Beka and Rafe walked away Dylan said, "Rommie, keep an eye on Mr Valentine at all times. If he so much as sneezes in the wrong place I want to know about it. Ignore any privacy protocols he invokes."

Viewscreen Rommie flicked onto the monitor by Dylan's head. "Understood Captain."

<><><>

"Are you hiding?"

"Tyr! No, I'm not hiding. I'm doing some much needed maintenance."

"On something we never use."

"Hey, we might need the methane atmosphere section someday."

"The only sentient methane breathers were wiped out during the fall of the Commonwealth."

"We might find more."

"You're hiding, come out of there boy."

Harper swore and slid out of the access tube. "You really are a pain in the ass Tyr."

"He arrived ten minutes ago."

"Why are you so interested in my sex life all of a sudden?"

Tyr paused. "I've seen you attracted people before, but usually only women. You obviously have unresolved sexual feelings for Valentine but you don't seem to be pursuing them. This is rather uncharacteristic for you: normally you drool and make suggestive remarks to women you're attracted to. What makes you act so differently with men?"

"Thanks." Harper said dryly. "Not all men, just ones I don't want to fuck any more. This is a case of my head overruling my gonads."

Tyr snorted. "I'll believe that when I see it."

Harper scowled. "You are seeing it. Right now, for instance, I'm not pestering Rafe: I'm."

"Wasting your time in a futile endeavour? Doing something that doesn't need to be done well since you're distracted?"

Harper jammed his tools back in his belt. "Fuck off Tyr. I'm finished for the day and now I'm going to my quarters to get some sleep. Alone."

Harper swore as he headed back to crew quarters: he could hear Tyr laughing at him as he slid down the ladder. Tyr was a total asshole, he thought as he turned into his corridor.

Five paces in he stopped short. Leaning nonchalantly against his door and grinning was Rafe Valentine.

"Crap."

"Seamus, is that any way to greet an old buddy?"

"You are not my buddy. You are a disaster waiting to happen. Please tell; how are you going to fuck me over this time?"

Rafe laughed softly and stepped closer to Harper. "I wasn't planning on fucking you over. Now if you'd said just plain fucking.how much detail do you want?"

Harper waved his hands and moved around Rafe to his door. "No. No way. Nuh uh. It's not going to happen. I've seen this movie way too many times: you sweet-talk me into bed and I end up involved in one of your crazy schemes and then you sod off leaving me to mop up the mess. Once bitten.well, two or three times bitten.fourth time shy."

"I only bite when you want me to." Rafe had Harper backed against his door he leaned forward and placed a light kiss on Harper's lips.

Harper yelped, opened his door and almost fell in. "I said no." Rafe put one hand on Harper's chest and slowly pushed him into the room. Harper's eyes were wide as the door closed behind Rafe. "I said no."

"C'mon Harper, we both know I'd never have got in here unless you wanted me here. You might fool everyone else with that 'cute and helpless' act but I've seen you in action."

Harper sighed and turned to grab a bottle of whisky off a nearby table. "Drink?"

"Sure."

Harper poured two glasses and sat down on his sofa "Just because you're in here doesn't mean anything. Maybe I just want to know what you're doing here. And anyway, Beka would be pissed off if I beat the crap out of you."

Rafe sipped his drink. "So you're trying to poison me with Inari whisky instead." He said making a face and putting the glass down. "I've missed you."

"Yeah right, that's why you sneaked out of that hotel without saying goodbye. Or paying the bill. You still owe me 150 thrones for that by the way."

Rafe moved closer to Harper. "I don't have any money on me right now. Would you take an IOU?"

"No.mmmf." Harper felt himself being pressed back into the upholstery as Rafe kissed him. It felt good but he was determined not to fall straight into Rafe's arms. Harper lay there passively until Rafe pulled back.

"What's wrong?" Rafe asked.

Harper hoped Rafe didn't notice him sweating. "For the third time. I. Said. No."

"Do you remember Ikandi Drift?"

"I remember you almost got me killed."

Rafe placed one hand on Harper's thigh and the other trailed a finger over the worn fabric of Harper's shirt collar. "They weren't really shooting at you. They probably weren't ever really shooting at me either; they just had a bit of a Misunderstanding."

Harper snorted. "Funny how many people get confused about who they should shoot when you're around. He tried to ignore the light touch at his neck. Damn Rafe for knowing where all his sensitive areas were, he thought.

"You weren't hurt. And remember the fun we had working off the adrenaline rush?"

Harper swallowed. Oh yes, he could picture *that* scene in vivid detail. In fact he did picture it quite often: usually in the shower.

Rafe's finger moved up over bare skin to circle Harper's port. He whispered, "You fucked me so hard I was walking funny for days." Harper's cock jumped and he swallowed a large mouthful of the searing whisky to hide his reaction to Rafe's words. "It felt so good, I was sorry when I healed: I enjoyed feeling like I'd been fucked into oblivion." Rafe's voice was a low
whisper. "You screamed my name when you came. My name on your lips, your cock in my ass."

Harper released a breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding. "Rafe."

"I'll never forget the way you used your mouth on me. No one has a mouth like you." Rafe's hand kneaded the muscle of Harper's thigh and crept closer to Harper's crotch. "I want to suck you Seamus. Let me suck you.please?"

The last of Harper's self control fled as Rafe's hand reached his zipper. He made no move to prevent Rafe from pulling it down and freeing his hard cock.

"Oh fuck!" Harper cried as Rafe swallowed him down. "Oh fuck Rafe, that's so hot." Harper watched Rafe's head bob up and down as the heated sensations rippled through his body. Rafe's mouth was hot and wet and full of darting tongue. Harper tried to hold back but the view and the feeling of Rafe sucking hard sent him rapidly over the edge.

"Ohhhhh.RAFE!" Harper yelled as his climax shot through him. He flopped back onto the cushions and stared at the lights swimming before his eyes. "Oh God," he groaned, "I think I came too hard: I can't see straight."

Rafe laughed. "Good, that was the effect I was going for

Harper squinted up at Rafe and smiled. "Damn," he said, "You got me *again*."

"Yep." Rafe murmured, dropping a kiss on Harper's lips.

Harper tasted himself on Rafe and deepened the kiss. Soon they were writhing on the sofa, Rafe on top grinding his erection into Harper's thigh. Harper pulled at the fastenings on Rafe's pants as Rafe tugged off Harper's shirt. It took a while to get
undressed since the distractions of kissing, stroking and occasionally biting were as much fun as the getting naked.

Eventually though the last item of clothing fell to the floor and Harper straddled Rafe and sucked his hard left nipple. Rafe groaned. "Seamus."

"Mmm hmmm?" Harper's reply buzzed through Rafe's nerve endings, causing him to buck up against Harper.

"I want you. I want you NOW!"

Harper rolled off Rafe and sprinted to the bedroom. He returned with a jar of slick and tossed it to Rafe before planting another deep, sensual kiss on his lips. "Your choice."

Rafe grinned as he coated his cock. "Oh I think it's my turn to fuck you into oblivion."

"Works for me."

Rafe slid off the sofa and pushed Harper to his knees before swiftly plunging two slick fingers into him. Harper groaned and pushed back as the fingers stretched him. It felt so good to be touched like this again. Rafe added another finger and pushed
deeper, brushing across Harper's prostate.

"Now Rafe. Do it now."

Rafe lined himself up and slid into Harper in one swift thrust. Harper moaned as his body adjusted to the sudden penetration, his moan changing to a gasp as Rafe thrust again and again, deeper and harder. Harper felt his balls tighten as Rafe pounded over his sweet spot and came with Rafe's name on his lips as he felt Rafe's cum pulsing into his ass.

They lay sated; catching their breath until the cooling sweat on their bodies started to chill them.

"Bed?" Rafe asked.

"Mm.yeah." Harper replied sleepily as Rafe pulled him to his feet. "Bed."

<><><>

"So he hasn't done anything?" Dylan asked Rommie.

"Nothing that shows any sign of duplicity." Rommie replied

Dylan gnawed on his knuckle. "There has to be some reason why he's here."

"Perhaps he really did want to see his sister."

"Hm." Dylan grumbled, "Well at least he's leaving now. After he's gone I want you to review all the records of his visit for unusual behaviour."

"Yes captain." Rommie replied with a small smile hovering over her lips.

<><><>

Rafe had made his goodbyes to Beka, and Harper was walking him to the airlock.

"Three days and no one's shot at me." Harper grinned.

"Depends on what sort of 'shooting' you're talking about." Rafe laughed.

"It was really good to see you. I wish you didn't have to go so soon."

"Me too. But I have stuff to do and people to swindle. I'll come back next time we're in the same area of space at the same time. Watch out for that Niet."

Harper looked at Rafe. "Tyr? Tyr's a pain in the ass but he's okay."

Rafe scowled. "I don't like the way he looks at you."

They stopped at the airlock and Harper asked, "How does he 'look at me'?"

"The same way I do." Rafe kissed Harper and stepped into the airlock.

The airlock closed as Harper said, stunned, "Urk. And I owe him one too."

The End

http://www.geocities.com/maryavatar/index.html