Title: The Pillow

Author: Olivia V.

Status: Complete

Rating: NC-17

Summary: Dylan decides to sneak onto the Maru after BAMSR to look under Harper's pillow and see what was there.

Spoilers: AHFFF, BAMSR, Ouroboros

Archive: Please email me at oliviav@att.net and ask first.

Disclaimer: The characters portrayed here are not mine. They are the property of Gene Roddenberry, Tribune, and Fireworks. I'm just fiddling with them.

Author's Note: I had a lot of trouble fleshing out this one. Luckily I have one of the best beta readers out there, not to mention a few Muses we share in common. Thanks. You know who you are. :)


The Pillow
by Olivia V.



The dream always started out the same way.

Dylan was tying him up by gunpoint with Bobby close behind, watching. Dylan felt the rough rope in his fingers as he stared at the small hands with the calloused fingers. He worked the knots in the rope instead of looking at his face so he wouldn't get the idea to try something stupid. When he was almost finished with the second knot, Dylan looked in his bright blue eyes, noted his expression unreadable and breathing heavy. He nodded only when Dylan leaned over
to whisper, "Don't worry, I'll get you out of this," before being led away by Lem.

Later, Dylan could see him from the grating under the floor, tied to a pipe hanging overhead at the bridge on the Maru, dressed in that light green shirt and black slacks along with the kneepads and tool belt he had strapped to one leg. Nice really. Wriggling, trying to get loose. Bobby leaned over him with a scowl and Dylan could just hear and see what was going on.

"What's taking them so long?"

"You know, I don't know why I was ever jealous of you."

"Because I was with Beka."

"Ah, no. I always knew she'd get smart and dump you. I think it was that data port." Dylan couldn't see him do it, but he knew by the way he moved his head he was about to put on his smart ass face. It's his attempt at not looking as scared as he felt. Dylan knew because he was given that same look the day they met. The next thing he said forced Dylan to put a hand over his mouth to keep from chuckling out loud.

"Mine's bigger."

Bobby leaned in, and put his hand on that small ass. The one Dylan shouldn't have been looking at but couldn't help from where he was locked in since it was only his ass and that arm that he could see of him to let him know he was still alive. Bobby whispered almost too softly for him to hear, "No, it's not."

Dylan saw his head bow down as if in either annoyance or defeat. He couldn't tell for sure from where he was. But Bobby will pay for it.

The dream switches from reality of what happened that day at this point. Bobby gave his ass a squeeze and called for Lem. When Lem arrived he saw Bobby point to the boy. "Put him with Hunt, he's pissing me off." Lem cut the boy loose and led him to the grating, unlocking it.

"Up. Down," Lem shouted, holding that gun that was way too big for even a Nietzschean. Dylan wondered if there was anything symbolic in Lem's choices of weapons.

"Alright, already. Keep your reed in your mouth, will ya?" He lifted the grating up and then lowered it to one side. "Cozy. But I'd rather have my own room if you ask me."

"No. In," Lem shouted, and he shoved him into the small space where Dylan was already being held. He landed face down in Dylan's lap, and Lem closed grating closed back up over them as he sat up with a sheepish grin.

"Sorry, boss." Dylan could inhale the smell of him, feel the heat from his body, they were so close he had to lean up against Dylan's shoulder because there was no more room.

"Told you I'd get you out of this," Dylan said.

"Gee, and right into my own personal love nest with you. Thanks." He rolled his eyes and shifted to get comfortable. As comfortable as one man pushed to have to sit between another man's legs, at any rate. Dylan's hand slid around his midsection without any thought and was surprised when felt him sigh instead of pull away. "So, now what?"

"Now, we wait for the Andromeda."

"She your plan B?" he whispered in Dylan's ear. The feel of his breath made him shudder unexpectedly. Dylan tried to concentrate on the fact that they were locked in a grate under the Maru's hallway, with their lives being threatened, and not somewhere private.

"Yeah, she's plan B if I can't pick this lock and stop Bobby in time. Of course, plan B just might kill us anyway. She's been ordered to fire on this position if he doesn't let us go."

His head came to rest against Dylan's shoulder, and Dylan felt unseen fingers touch his thigh gently. "So, if we get out of this, think you and I could uh.?"

Dylan wanted to say no. Anything but a professional relationship would be a bad idea. Every night he'd had this dream, he'd wanted to say no. Each night however, he heard himself whisper against his cheek as he kissed it, "Yes."

Another switch and things got weird. Dylan was in bed, holding him close, naked. Dylan's fingers ran over his back and he noted the skin was softer, more youthful than his own. He could feel small but rough hands running through the hair on his chest and stomach, soft lips on his shoulders and collarbone, moving slowly and lazily. Dylan sighed, touched his hair and felt its
texture in his fingertips. It's also soft, but like silk. He tilted his face up for another kiss, noting that his lips are already swollen from long deep kisses.

And it was here that Dylan always woke up in his room, usually in the middle of the night, with a raging hard on, alone. Dylan sighed and sat up, pinching his nose as he felt a headache come on. He'd been having this dream for over a week now. He wanted something else to concentrate on and fast. Dreaming about Harper like this was a bad idea. He's the engineer. He needed something to take his mind off Harper..

And then he remembered the pillow.

Dylan got out of bed and opened his closet door, pulling out his black long sleeved shirt and slacks. "Andromeda, status on the rest of the crew."

Andromeda's hologram appeared in miniature on his nightstand. "Everyone is asleep except for Harper and Beka."

"Their location?" Dylan pulled the shirt over his head.

"Command. Is something wrong?"

Dylan smiled and shook his head. He hoped that would relieve her fears. "No, but if you don't mind, I'd like privacy mode engaged in Hangar Deck five and a lockout as soon as I enter it. You can remove it once I leave."

"Hangar Deck Five is now in privacy mode." The hologram disappeared.

"Thanks." Pulling on his slacks and grabbing his shirt to tuck over his head, Dylan left his quarters.

-----------------------------------

Dylan moved as quietly as he could through the darkened halls of the Maru, almost positive he was alone on board, but still fearful he may not be. The metal grate along the floor felt cold as he moved across it, having left his shoes behind so he would make less noise. He stopped, listening to the hum of the engines and systems running on the ship in order to make sure there was no odd sound that indicated a presence on board before continuing. He crept closer to his goal.

The bunk bed or more specifically, what was under the pillow on the bunk bed.

Dylan checked an hour before he snuck onto the Maru. Most of the crew were either asleep in their quarters, or were on their nightly watch. And no one was supposed to be on the Maru at this hour, with the exception of Beka or Harper. And he'd left both of them on duty in Command when he went to bed over two hours ago.

Dylan took a slow deep breath and thought about Beka's words during one of their last away trips two weeks earlier. "Dylan, don't let Harper show you what he keeps under his pillow!" That statement indicated that whatever was under it was more of an embarrassment to her than to Harper. Now he simply had to see for himself what was under there.

Dylan reached the bunk area and sighed softly. So far, so good. He looked around the hallway one more time. No one seemed to be there. Dylan stood on his tip toes since he didn't need to climb the ladder and reached on top of the bunk with his hand to see if he could feel the pillow, only to have his hand feel warm skin for the two seconds he kept them there. He heard a gasp of shock before the sound of a gun powering up. "Who. who's there?"

Fuck, that sounded like Harper. Dylan snatched his hand away, slouched under the bunk itself, against the cold wall and hoped the darkness of his clothing and the lights being off would help. He saw Harper's head poke under from the top of the bunk and settle in his direction for several seconds, gun in hand.

"Lights," he said raising the gun in Dylan's direction. The lights came on and Dylan visibly winced as it hurt his eyes. "Dylan? What are you.?" Harper stopped and a smile slowly crept across his features.

Dylan scrambled for something to say. "I uh, wanted to check up on you. Beka said you were here."

Harper's grin widened. "Sure, and I'm really an Uber. Beka doesn't know I still sleep here, Dylan."

Dylan switched to his 'you're in trouble' tone in hopes he'd intimidate Harper into either leaving or showing him what he wanted to see. "Mr. Harper, I thought I left you on duty."

Harper yawned and cut Dylan off with a wave of his hand. "Look, let's just cut to the chase. I know why you're here, and I can't show you. I mean, have you ever seen Beka after you don't do what she tells you? Trust me, it's not something you want to experience at all because I did that once, and I'm still paying for it. Now, be a good captain and go to bed." Harper's head lifted up and out of view.

Dylan tried again, this time making his voice sound a bit sterner than he actually felt, which was closer to amusement. Luckily, Harper couldn't see that in his poker face. "Harper, I order you to show me what's under that pillow."

"No." The tone in Harper's voice was a bit yielding.

"That's insubordination, Harper."

"And I'm still not showing you."

"Don't make me take it by force and throw you in the brig." Actually, that sounded like it might be something he'd like to try sometime. Assuming he ever had anyone to try it with.

Dylan heard what sounded like a deep chuckle, before Harper said, "You know that kinda sounds like fun."

'Harper, stop reading my mind,' Dylan thought as he began to climb the ladder. He tried for a softer tone in an effort to reason with him. "Harper, I weigh nearly Ninety kilos, easy. You realize I could hurt you if I had to restrain you, and I don't want to."

Dylan saw Harper sit on his heels on top of the pillow, practically beaming. Dylan found himself a bit uncomfortable to feel pleased that he was about to restrain his engineer, a much smaller man than himself, while he was bed in his underwear. "Hey, don't assume that since I'm small and cute I can't take you."

Dylan paused at the top rung and put his knee on top of the bed with a sigh, noting the softness in the cotton sheets. He really didn't want to hurt Harper. "Harper, I'm twice the size."

Harper suddenly leaped from the pillow and knocked Dylan clean off the ladder. Dylan landed on his feet and stumbled against the wall before sliding down. Harper scrambled and pinned Dylan with his body weight, settling into a sitting position on his hips with his hands on his chest. Dylan had no idea Harper could move this fast.

Dylan yelped in shock and surprise. "Harper, get off me."

"No."

Dylan began to struggle under Harper, but Harper, despite his size, just would not budge. Dylan was a little pleased by his engineer's strength. It was like he had a stone on his chest just large enough to keep him pinned. "I swear I am going to throw you in the brig for this."

Harper kept his grip but began to blush. "Keep wiggling under me like that, you'll have a reason to."

Dylan paused at the breathless sound in Harper's voice long enough to notice Harper's body was beginning to respond to the struggling. All the signs of arousal were there: a blush creeping from his forehead and cheeks down to his neck and chest, a telltale erection pressing against his bellybutton, deep breathing. He wondered briefly if he should use this to his advantage to get up on the bunk bed, and if that would be unethical if he did.

Oh, what the hell. Dylan rubbed his hands on Harper's arms. Not overtly sexual, and easily explained away, but definitely suggestive. In fact there is a form of massage that Sara cued him in on that hinted at the inside of one's forearms being particularly sensitive to programmers and engineers. Dylan looked at Harper in the eyes as he lightly rubbed the smooth skin. "Well, maybe you shouldn't be holding me by being on top like this."

Harper turned crimson, but did not budge. At least he's getting to him, Dylan thought, and slipped one hand around his waist, watching Harper's face as he did so. Harper flinched, and Dylan smiled. He liked this effect he was having on Harper. "Funny, I'm not the one who's so intent on knowing what's under my crew's bed pillows." Harper relaxed his grip a bit.

Big mistake. Dylan used his body to flip Harper over and onto his back, smiling to himself in satisfaction. Harper's first response was to yelp in surprise. Then, Harper wrapped his legs around Dylan's waist, squeezing Dylan against him. Dylan could feel Harper's erection press against his stomach. Dylan bit his lip to keep from gasping. He was surprised that it felt this good to him, and he shook his head.

Harper was right; this definitely was going to lead to a reason to throw the both of them into the brig under other circumstances. And Dylan wasn't quite ready yet to see if the last part of his dream could become real.

Okay, enough of that. Time to take charge. Dylan shifted, pressing his belly button against Harper. Again, an easily explained touch as Dylan was struggling to stand up, but suggestive enough to distract Harper. Dylan was rewarded with a gasp and the feel of Harper beginning to rub his groin against his belly. Breathless himself he said, "Harper, if I have to carry you up the ladder."

Harper's grip with his legs only grew tighter and he put his arms around Dylan's neck like having one's engineer rubbing his hard cock against him was the most natural thing in the world. Dylan wasn't sure whether to continue trying to restrain him or kiss him or stop and rip his underwear off right there on the floor.

This can't be good.

Smiling, Harper whispered, "Like I said before, this sounds like fun."

Dylan rolled his eyes and pulled himself up the wall, onto his knees. Harper continued to cling to him like a koala to its mother. Under other circumstances, this image would be amusing. Shit, under these circumstances, Dylan was having problems even thinking straight.

Dylan heard Harper whisper, "Last chance, and then I start to fight dirty."

Dylan thought that whatever was under that pillow had better be worth the effort as he carefully stood, instinctively cupping Harper's ass to support his weight since he wasn't letting go. Dylan bit his lip and shook his head in confusion. Harper's ass should not feel this small and firm in his hands. Dylan shifted Harper in his arms to get a better grip and Harper sighed softly. "I am getting up onto that bunk, even if I have to carry you back up there with me."

Harper responded by whimpering for a moment before nibbling on Dylan's left ear until Dylan crossed the distance to the ladder and placed his foot on the first rung. Dylan stopped and bit his lip, shivering as the sensation traveled from his ear straight to his groin.

He thought he heard Harper whisper, "So, are you giving up yet?"

Divine, this was not going to be easy. Dylan climbed, by a miracle, to the second rung without a word. Harper ground his hips against Dylan and bit playfully into his shoulder through his shirt. Dylan couldn't help but let out a whimper of his own at that one. He couldn't decide if he was upset or amused with Harper trying to seduce him, his body responding with an raging erection like this whether he liked it or not. "Harper, are you fighting with me or trying to seduce me?"

"Well, which is more likely to stop you?"

"Neither." Dylan stepped onto the third rung and felt Harper relax his grip. Dylan gripped Harper tighter and shifted him for comfort. Harper was now half sitting on Dylan's thigh. Dylan sighed. "Harper, I won't be able to keep this position forever you know."

"Good." Harper ran a hand down Dylan's stomach and down the front of his pants, grinning at the erection Dylan had. Dylan's cock twitched and he gave an involuntary thrust forward into Harper's hand...

Dylan gasped, lost his balance, and fell off the ladder, taking Harper with him as he fell to the floor with a thud. He hit his tailbone and yelped before he realized he hit his head. Dylan reached for the back of his head with a groan.

"Shit, Dylan I'm sorry." Harper frowned and sat up, looking worried.

It was that frown that did it for Dylan. He grabbed the back of Harper's neck and pulled him down for a rough kiss, running his hands over Harper's back and shoulders. Well the skin was about as soft as he thought it would be. Harper's lips were not as soft as he expected, but they were sweeter than he could have hoped. Kissing Harper was nothing like kissing Sara, or Beka, or Pax. it was completely different, yet in its own way something Dylan was afraid he'd instantly be addicted to.

He broke the kiss red in the face, and wondered if he was dreaming all this. "Harper."

Harper grinned and settled his ass over Dylan's groin. Dylan groaned as he felt Harper's firm cheeks move as he got comfortable. "So, uh, does this mean you're gonna throw me into the brig now?"

"Shut the hell up, Harper." Dylan ran his hands over Harper's chest. Funny that Harper should have almost no chest hair.

Fuck it, he thought. It was time to see if that dream could be real. Whatever was under that pillow could wait.

"Yes, sir. Shutting up, sir. mmmm.." Harper dove in for another rough kiss, his small hands sliding down to unbutton and unzip Dylan's pants. He slipped his hand in and over Dylan's cock. To Dylan, the feeling of Harper's fingers along his shaft was electric.

Breaking the kiss for air, Dylan said, "Bunk?"

"Vex Pag's. I don't think we can make it to mine."

"Agreed." Dylan sat up and pulled his shirt over his head before picking up Harper and heading for Vex's bunk.

Harper arched his hips up once they landed the bed and yanked off his underwear before reaching for Dylan's waistband and pulling his slacks down, sitting on the bunk. Dylan suddenly thanked his stars he entered the Maru barefoot so he could be quieter and stepped out of his slacks, kicking them across the floor. Tilting Harper's face up, Dylan kissed him deeply. Harper
broke the kiss and trailed his lips down Dylan's chest and belly, his hand stroking Dylan's cock hard.

"God Harper," Dylan breathed, trying not to thrust into Harper's hand. Harper stopped and looked up.

To Dylan, his swollen lips and blue eyes may have been one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen. He involuntarily shuddered in Harper's grip.

"You sure you won't throw me in the brig?"

"Positive," Dylan said as Harper grinned and slid his lips over the head, sucking gently. For Dylan, it took all of his will not to thrust forward into that hot, moist mouth as Harper slid down the shaft, taking him in. Harper began to bob and hum, looking up into Dylan's eyes as he did so. He didn't think he could take feeling all this. "Shit, is this your idea of fighting dirty?"

"Uh hmmm." Harper went back to his bobbing. When his fingers cupped Dylan's balls, Dylan lost control and bucked his hips. Dylan ran his fingers through Harper's hair for several moments, lost in that heat and wetness, before he came with a yell.

Sliding to his knees, Dylan laid his hands on Harper's shoulders. He could taste his cum on Harper's lips as they kissed.

"Dylan, the bed," Harper breathed.

"What, I don't get to return the favor?"

Harper got up, shook his head, and began to climb the ladder. "Okay, let's review this situation for a moment. You tried to sneak in and look through my personal things, violating my right to privacy. When I refused to show you what you wanted to see, you threatened to throw my ass in the brig. And since I can't restrain you with my size, I had to be imaginative to stop you from doing both. Know what I think, Dylan? I think you can return the favor next time. Besides, I got another idea." Harper, now at the top of the ladder, leaned over his bunk to look for something, giving Dylan a view of his ass as he did so. Dylan stared at that ass. As early as a year ago, he would have commented that it would be too small for his tastes, that Harper is too small for his tastes in general. But Harper somehow manages to be larger than life despite everything.

Dylan chuckled at the idea. If Harper only knew what he really thought of him. Dylan smiled and leaned back on the bunk.

Harper found what he was looking for and began to climb back down with a tube of lube. Dylan blinked and realized what Harper wanted. His stomach clenched slightly out of nervousness and he felt his cheeks turn red. "Harper, I don't usually, uh."

Harper hopped on top of Dylan and sat on his thighs. "No?"

"No."

Harper smiled. Dylan cursed the day the Divine created dimples on this man. "Tell you what. You have five tries to tell me what's under my pillow while I try my best to distract you. If you guess correctly, you can top me. If not, I get to top you. What do you say?"

Dylan pursed his lips in thought and wondered if he knew Harper well enough to actually guess what was under that pillow in five tries. If he guessed wrong, he was going to be sore the next morning. He didn't want to think about explaining to Rommie or Trance why he'd need a nano injection for pain killers. If he guessed right, however. oh the idea of topping Harper. Not that being bottom was such a tragedy, but still.

Either way, this was sure to be fun. So again, the item under the pillow could wait. Dylan nodded slowly.

Harper leaned on his hands and kissed Dylan. Again, Dylan could taste himself mixed in with something sweet that was distinctly Harper. Definitely addictive. "So, start guessing."

"Alright. Let's see. Beka was pretty upset so I'd have to say that it has something to do with her. Pictures of you and her. you know?"

Harper raised an eyebrow, leaned over and licked his shoulder. Soft and wet and it made him shiver. "Ah, no. I worship her and all, but she and I have never done that sort of thing. It's never been that kind of worship on my end, even if I make it sound otherwise. Besides, if we had and I had something like that as proof, she'd kill me."

"So she was protecting me when she yelled at me to not let me see what's under the pillow, not you."

"Yep. Four more guesses." Harper raked his nails lightly down Dylan's left forearm. Dylan shuddered. He couldn't have been reading up on massage points. That shouldn't have, couldn't have possibly been as arousing as it felt.

Dylan closed his eyes. He felt Harper's fingers slide down the center of his chest. Pure electricity in his touch. "Alright then, how about a collection of pornographic material. Holoporn, flexis, that sort of thing." Dylan was rewarded for his error with Harper nibbling on his left nipple briefly. Another jolt straight to his groin and his cock hardened quickly. Dylan moaned and cradled Harper's head, enjoying the distraction.

"Ah no, I've already downloaded that shit into Rommie's databanks, much to her objection. Dylan, you have got to be more imaginative than this." Harper's fingers ran lightly up and down Dylan's thigh.

Dylan swore this kind of treatment couldn't be humane and forced himself not to whimper. "A doll?"

Harper paused, then kissed and nibbled down to his belly button. "No. Contrary to what Beka tells everyone, I am not, nor have I ever been, that desperate."

Dylan's mind felt muzzled and he took a breath before guessing again. Harper sat back up on his thighs, his fingers tracing lazy circles around his waist, letting Dylan get a full view of his lean body and a much needed break. Not muscular by a long shot, but Dylan still found he wanted to reach out and touch him. "Ah. pictures of Rommie while you were creating her android?"

Harper snorted and Dylan watched him squeeze out some of the lube from the tube. "You know, I wish I had done that. She has her own documentation if you ever want to look, though. With photographs, in case we ever need to replace her. I mean, you know how thorough Rommie is with her documentation. It's an interesting read. Okay, one more guess."

Dylan felt some of the lube being applied to his cock. It was cold, slick, and felt wonderful. Harper ran his hands up and down Dylan's shaft a few times, giving it a twist. When Dylan started to rock his hips, Harper trailed a finger down across his balls, cupped them, and then stopped.

Dylan wondered when and where Harper learned how to do that. He wasn't sure he could think of another guess but somehow managed to blurt out, "A copy. of your arrest records. for public lewdness?"

"Ah no, Beka has those. And it really was just the one time." He felt Harper's weight lift from his body, and his breath near his ear as he settled next to him on the bunk, or tried to anyway. Dylan shivered, breathing heavily. "You lose, Dylan."

Dylan opened his eyes and looked at Harper with a grin before rolling over him and kissing him. He ran his hands all over Harper, reveling in the feel of his skin, the sheen of sweat, the hardness of his cock as he stroked it slightly. In between kisses, Dylan muttered, "Oh, good."

Harper whimpered and pushed Dylan onto his back. He slipped a hand between Dylan's legs and gently pushed them apart. "Come on, I said you lose. Don't use your size to get your way."

Dylan sighed and got comfortable. "I should, just to tire you out enough to see what's under the pillow you know."

"But isn't this better?" Harper put some more lube on his fingers. As Dylan watched, he slid first one finger, then a second, hitting his prostate. It felt tight and uncomfortable at first, then it just felt good. Harper smiled when Dylan moaned at the sensation.

"Much." Dylan bit his lip. Harper moved his fingers in and out for a few seconds and then slid in a third, gently allowing Dylan to stretch to them. Dylan started to thrust against those fingers.

When Harper decided Dylan was ready, he slipped his fingers out, slicked himself up and positioned his hips between Dylan's thighs. Dylan watched Harper's face as he slid in gently. The heat, the feeling of being filled was unlike anything Dylan could describe. Both men sighed from the sensation.

"Jesus." Dylan moaned as Harper started thrusting. His senses suddenly went into overload and Dylan matched him, thrust for thrust, pistoning against Harper. He saw Harper's fingers close around his cock again and reached out to grab hold over his hand as they moved together, thrusting and squeezing.

Dylan screamed as he came, clamping down around Harper's cock and bucking uncontrollably. He felt something warm and wet hit his chest and belly. Harper moaned and Dylan could feel him twitch as he came, spilling his cum inside as he collapsed on top of him.

Both men gasped as they lay there, panting. Dylan started playing with Harper's hair. It felt soft to his touch. But not like silk. Just. like Harper.

"So, do I get to try this again sometime, or do I really have to throw you in the brig for
insubordination?"

Harper laughed and lifted his head to look at Dylan. "Well, keeping you in the dark does have its benefits. Then again, I've always had this little fantasy about the brig."

Dylan chuckled, remembering the part of his dream where they were locked under the grating. "Only you would."


-- End --