ANDROMEDA QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

 

These questions and answers are a compilation of discussions and questions asked on the mailing lists attached to the archive. The questions and responses come from any number of list sibs. I truly hope this page comes in handy for someone.

************

SOME HISTORY ABOUT THE ANDROMEDA UNIVERSE

This was garnered off a list that researches this stuff. Don't blame me.

1. Humans First Contact with Alien species was on 2129 AD in the System Commonwealth universe with the Perseids.
2. Human (Earth) membership in the Commonwealth universeis 2159 AD. The System Commomwealth existed more than5000 year before Earth membership.
3. The time peroid of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda after Captain Hunt rescue from the black hole is 5161 A.D. (10087 Commonwealth Year) which is 3160 years in the future. This is about ten times as many years in the Future than Star Trek.
4. 2129 AD (7055 CY): Earth have first contact with an Alien species. The Alien were Perseid mentoring mission.
5. Humans did not invent faster than ligth travel on their own. They received the technology from the Systems Commonwealth.
6. 5000 BC (112 BIE (before Imperial Era)): Slipstream was discover by a team of Vedran scientists. The team leader was master sage Rochinda. This started an age of faster than ligth space travel.
7. The beginning of System Commonwealth was more the 5000 year before humans had space travel technology.
8. 4927 BC (0 CY (Coronation Year, later Commonwealth Year) ): The foundation of the Vedran Empire resulted from General Huascar nax Yeweri's campaign of conquest across Six Galaxies. His mate Yoweri I wa named Empress.
9. 2159 AD (7085 CY): Earth becomes newest member of Systems Commonwealth.

THE ENIGMA

The Enigma had a brief appearance in Andromeda's episode "Harper 2.0".

WEAPONS

Q. what are the names of the diffrent weapons. any clue or should we make stuff up?

A. I don't think they've given much detail yet, apart from the 'nova bombs' in last nights episode.

Q. I And finally, I recall reading on this or another list that the staff weapon was called a 'forcelancer.' Is that correct or did I just make that up?

A. That came right out of the latest Starlog-from Kev's lips himself

 

BEKA VALINTINE

Q. Known family members

1. Rafe Valentine is her con man brother. A real charmer who has a nasty habit of stealing Bek's CD collection .

2. Uncle Sid was the shady partner of her father. He's running a major company in the shipping business.

 

DYLAN HUNT

Q. Dylan's fiance's name was Sarah, right?

A. Yes

RHADE

Q. recall Dylan referring to Rhade's wives. Was there ever mention of how many he had?

A. Unknown at this point

SEAMUS HARPER

In Andromeda's episode #114 "Harper 2.0" Harper speak the following languages.
1. Celtic
2. Gaelic Irish
3. Perseid
4. Common
5. Magog
6. Than
7. Harrullian (have 2 l's)
8. Vedran
9. German
10. French
11. Trance's native language

TRANCE GEMINI

Q. Trance Gemini....she has a secret...doesn't feel inclined to give out the species she's from...so why? The crew are supposed to be her "family", right. What deep dark secret do you imagine she could be hiding...that "You couldn't pronounce it" as she's backing out of range just looks real suspicious to me...
And knowing the cunning sparkling purple lass, do you imagine she actually gave the true translation all the while pretending she was making it up....
Anyone else notice that amazing random coin toss scene and think now there's something strange there? Is our little Trance PSI active and if so why does she stumble on the most dangerous situations putting her life in danger that one time with Tyr...unless there is a whole heck of a lot GR is leaking out to us piecemeal

A. I get the feeling trance is going to be like guinan on ST:tNG. a mysterious character that has hidden secrets that will slowly surface...and sometimes we will be left wondering. but the speculation is fun, yes? *g*

TYR

Q. Who is Tyr's mother

A. In episode #119 "The Honey Offering", when Tyr was telling Elssbett Mossadim his parentage he mention the name Victoria which be his mother name

Q. A Little About Tyr.

1) Joined the crew of Andromeda despite being something of a loner.

R1. Okay, was he part of Beka's crew from the Eureka Maru (is that right?) or did he come from some place else - and how?

R2. Tyr did indeed arrive on Beka's ship but was not "expressly" part of her team. He was actually hired by the expedition leader "rat dude"(?) :-) as extra security.

2) Verbal and physical sparring with Dylan (basketball, shirtless.....)

R. Hello, the eps have Dylan and Tyr tussle a couple of times but no conclusive results. The basketball court scene is hilarious. Dylan teaching Tyr how to play the game. Tyr gets the basketball and smashes Dylan across the head with it, sending him to the floor. Dylan returns the favour later...Tyr rubs his jaw and I wouldn't want that look directed my way! LOL

3) {Briefly} Found a mate......you have GOT to see that ep - the bed scene is..... ......::wibble::: very erotic.....

4) Taught Trance (the purple chick) how to fight. We don't know why.

5) Got pretty hot with Beka when they were left alone on board, until he revealed that mating with normal human female was beyond the pail.

Q. How do Nietzcheans know which Pride someone is from? Is there some identifying characteristic? Other than the obvious spurs, that is...since all Niets have those.

A1. I think it's similar to other humans (us), as a Philipino can readily identify another Philipino, or how amoung Asians they can diffrentiate between Japanese, Chinese, etc. when they look the same to the untrained "Western" eye.

A2. Actually I was under the impression that they knew the pride as indicated by the DNA tattoo that each have on their arm. Being that they are so very genetically consciences they can tell which pride another Niet is from by that tattoo

Q. Are there any other known survivors of the Kodiak?

A. Tyr has hinted that he is the sole survivor, but personally I believe there has to be someone left, it's too juicy of a storyline or the writers.

******

A LITTLE ABOUT THE NIETZSCHEANS

Q. What are those arm bands And I noticed that they are a different color too.

A. The arm bands are for protection and support of bone blades roots on Nietzschean forearms. Gaheris Rhade lost one of his bone blade his Dylan Hunt hit it, during their fight in episode #1 "Under the Night". Nietzscheans remove their armbands during sexual union.

Sometime the armbands colors are personal choice. Sometime the color may identify a Nietzschean pride.

Q. Have we yet seen any Nietzschean *women* with those spikes on her arms? Are they only on men?

A. Nope, they're on the women too, but they have silver arm thingys instead of black leather ones.

*****

Q. Have the talons been given a Nietzschean name

A1. No, the Nietzscheans haven't given them a name.

A2. I've seen them referred to on other lists as 'bone blades'.

A3. Would "spurs" be a good name?...or would those be better for lower down?

A4. I think spurs is a good name.

*****