ALIAS SMITH AND JONES FAQ

 

A POINT OF CONFLICT

Kid Currry said in 'Posse That Wouldn't Quit' that they were only wanted in Wyoming.

But in "The Root of it All" the sheriff that arrests them says they are wanted "in four states"

The boys couldn't have been wanted anywhere other than Wyoming. If they were amnesty from the governor of Wyoming only wouldn't have done them much good. If they got caught they'd simply be sent to the states where they were still wanted.

Even though they are nortorious robbers the only state they are wanted in is Wyoming.

YOU DECIDE

DID THEY OR DIDN'T THEY?

Taking Roger Davis' word for it, "in all the trains and banks they robbed, they never shot anyone..."

HOWEVER, The Kid shot and killed Smiling Danny {Roger Davis} Bilson (Smiler with a gun) . he also shot Joe Briggs in the arm (McCreedy Bust, going, going, gone!)

Maybe it should be worded: Never other than in self defense.

In all liklihood, even Heyes has shot people. He may not be up to Kid's expertise, but he looks pretty handy with that gun and he strikes as the type who would make sure he could be accurate.

Besides in the nun episode, Kid lets Heyes cover him so if he thinks Heyes is that good of a shot...

OVERVIEW

They grew up in Lawrence Kansas where their parents were killed in the border wars? (Lawrence was a abolitionist town and Kansas was a free state, one submitter's theory is their parents were helping out the underground railroad and that is why they were killed so brutally by Quantrille's raiders).

JEDEDIAH 'KID' CURRY

What drives Kid Curry? Why would a man try to get himself killed every third minute by complete strangers? Doesn't he get scared? Does he get a rush from it? Is it a hunger or a need that compels him to step up to the plate? He drives me nuts with that poker face of his!

The Kid is complicated in a simple way. Kid attracted women the same as bears to honey.

From Kansas, Kid Curry was orphaned during Civil war. He ran away from Valpriso (sp?) Home for the waywards.

He may be Hannibal Heyes' cousin.

Of the two, he is considered the real fast quick draw

HANNIBLE HEYES

Heyes, cunning, wicked, brilliant and resourceful, but he is a survivor first and foremost. On the other hand, he was always dreaming up schemes -not too rooted to earth. A complex man, hiding behind a delightfully boyish grin that animated his entire face.

Dirty, Heyes? Couldn't happen. Unless you're thinking of his mind. And then, I'd say devious, clever, twisted, perhaps - never dirty. I mean the boy barely got kissed - mmmm, maybe we shouldn't talk about where his mind might have gone after all.
Better to write it

Heyes is also from Kansas, and like Curry was orphaned during civil war. Agains, like Curry, he ran away from Valpriso (sp?) Home for the waywards

Heyes was at one time in the Plummer gang.
Before deciding to go straight he was leader of Devil's Hole Gang

Heyes may be Kid Curry's cousin

He is an above average poker player

VALPRISO SIDENOTE

Heyes- from Kansas, orphaned during civil war, ran away from Valpriso(sp?)

It's Valparaiso. It means "Vale of Paradise."

There's a Valparaiso, Indiana; Valparaiso University; Valparaiso cigars; Valparaiso, Nebraska (a likely site for the Home?); Valparaiso, Chile; Valparaiso, Florida.

the Valparaiso University has or had an Outlaw Guild with the motto "Take from the rich; give to us," but their webpage has been cleverly concealed.

~~*~~*~~*~~

NOTE: THE FACTS INCLUDED ON THIS PAGE HAVE BEEN GATHERED OFF SEVERAL SMITH AND JONES LISTS AND BY VARIOUS SUBMITTERS. IF YOU WULD LILKE TO HELP COMPILE ONE OR MORE OF THESE BIBLES, JOIN US AT FANFIC BIBLE http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/FanficBible

OFF-LIST SUBMISSIONS TO THIS FAQ ARE WELCOME. THEY SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE ARCHIVIST USING THE LINK IN THE NAV BAR