Untitled

By Caliadragon

caliadragon@yahoo.com

Hi Everyone; I was attacked by a very vicious plot bunny. Unfortunately I have way to many fics on my plate right now. So I'm hoping someone will be willing to adopt this poor critter. If you do please let me know who the new parent is. Thanks and on to the bunny.

 

 

His touch was calming the frightened boy. Even unconscious and pumped full of drugs the boy was still afraid. What had happened to him in that place? What had been done to him that he would run here to the people he hated? These were questions that only the unconscious boy could answer.

So far no answers were coming and Angel could not reach any of the boys friends.

Cordy was beside herself with worry. Oz was pacing like the wolf he periodically turned into and Wes was mumbling something about cursing whoever had hurt the boy. Doyle and Gunn had decided that leaving the hotel and their friends alone was not a good idea and had started cooking something in the kitchen.

The memory of Xander's arrival was running through his head. He looked over to his childe and saw that Spike had yet to move from his perch at the foot of the bed. Nor did his eyes stray from the boy in the bed. Xander wasn't the only one to suffer injuries. Angel had had to force feed Spike. It had been two days. Two days in which his childe had not moved from his spot at Xander's side. Two days in which the blonde vampire had not spoken a word.

==

Buffy, Willow and Giles paced around the room in which they had taken sanctuary. The blonde witch watched the three friends and wished she could do more to help them. Tara knew that they were afraid for their friends and the vampire that had become a part of their lives.

On the bed Joyce and Dawn were asleep, the young girl had finally cried herself to sleep.

"Our only chance is to get to Riley and see if he and the rest of the Initiative soldiers can help us." Buffy said suddenly.

Willow and Giles nodded, the problem was reaching a phone. None of them wanted to call from Tara's room. The wards the witches and Giles had placed around the dorm were the only things keeping them safe at the moment.

"We need Angel. We need to know that Spike got Xander to him safety and if their alive." Willow added.

Again everyone agreed.

"So what is the plan?" Dawn asked as she sat up.

This was all her fault. Being the Key was why Xander had nearly been beaten to death and why Spike had had his throat cut. Tears filled the girls eyes again as she thought of how they had all cut themselves and forced the blood into the vampire so that his wound would heal.

Joyce sat up and put her arms around her daughter. She didn't care what anyone said, Dawn was as much her childe as Buffy was. "Yes, what is the plan?" she asked as well.

"Two of us will have to go in separate directions and get to a phone. I need to be one of them so that I can contact Riley. I need someone else to go and call Angel. I need him and the others in Sunnydale if we're going to beat these things." Buffy told them.

The others were silent for a moment then Willow spoke up, "I'll be the other one. Giles I'll need you and Tara to help me cast concealment charms on Buffy and myself. Before you start to argue Angel will listen to me if I call and I'm powerful enough now that the Intunish will not be able to take me. Giles we need you here to help Tara maintain the wards. Dawn can't leave and Joyce would be taken. Everyone knows who's Mother she is."

The others fretted but they knew she was right. Buffy and Willow were the only choice.

None of them could believe this was happening. One of Glory's little goblin people had stuck around after Xander had killed Ben after the other man attacked him hoping Xander would lead him to the Key. As revenge for killing Ben and his Goddess the goblin set a group of demons onto them. No one could figure out exactly what it was the demons had been promised. All they knew was the extent of the damage that had been done to Xander and Spike.

They weren't even sure of the pair had made it out Sunnydale or if they were even alive. None of them would be able to come up with a clear plan until they knew the answers to those questions. Thankfully Riley and Anya had been out of town when this started. Anya was on a business trip for Giles and Riley had been on a visit home. The soldier was due back today. Hopefully they would be able to reach him and Angel would say that Spike and Xander were safe with him.

to be continued by the adopting author......