Shocked

Lady Midath's Fan Fiction

lady_midath@yahoo.com.au

Disclaimer: Nope don't own any of 'em, X Files are owned by CC and the guys from Shocker are owned by Wes Craven etc...etc.. Not making any money...gee I wish, wrote this little piece just for fun...chuckle...chuckle...chuckle...

Found a little horror movie not long ago by the name of Shocker featuring Walter Skinner *Mitch Pileggi* as one of the best psycho serial killers ever.

After seeing him play Horace Pinker so brilliantly, I simply couldn't resist. This Wes Craven movie is a must for all Mitch Pileggi fan...of one I just so happen to be...*bg*

X Files/Shocker crossover

Rated R for violence, language...you get the idea.

Summary: Mulder and Scully are sent to investigate a series of brutal slayings and get more than they bargained for.

*Please note that Alex Krycek still has both of his arms*

 

Shocked

by Lady Midath

 

*Skinner's Office*

Both Scully and Mulder were on time for their meeting with AD Skinner. Kim looked up with a smile as they both entered the outer office."AD Skinner is waiting for you both." She informed them.

Skinner was sitting behind his desk reading one of his numerous files.

"Ah, agents, please sit down."

Both Scully and Mulder took their seats in front of his desk.

"You wanted to see us Sir?" Mulder ventured, privately he was wondered was wondering if both of them were going to be chewed out because of the little incident in Nevada when he and his partner were both checking out a tip-off about UFO's landing in a farmer's field, so okay, it had turned out to be a hoax, but the farmer didn't have to be so ticked off because Mulder had accidentally let some of his pigs out of their pen.

Okay, so it had been all of the farmer's pigs.

And it really had not been an accident. But he'd had to check to make sure none of the animals had been infected with strange alien space virus's or probes....well one had to be sure.

He really had meant to start a stampede though... he had no idea that animals that big could move so fast...or cause so much damage.

He had tried to explain it to the incensed farmer, but he had been to busy waving a shot gun at the FBI agents. It was just a good thing that Scully had been able to bring him down with a single shot.

To make matters worse, it seemed now that the farmer was intending to sue the government for an unspecified amount. And all for a tiny little bullet to the leg.

"I want to put you both on a case." Skinner told them both. "There have been a spate of murders all around the Washington area. Most of the victims have been families, slaughtered in their homes, all of them apparently watching T.V at the time. The local police are completely stumped and they have called for our help."

"Have they any suspects at all...any leads?" Scully asked, leaning slightly forward in her seat.

No, that's the trouble, all their leads have turned out to be dead ends." Skinner replied. He clasped in hands neatly in front of him on the desk, regarding his two best agents.

"At present, they have no suspects, nothing, it's as almost as if whoever is doing this is invisible or something."

"Have the police anything to go on?" Mulder asked.

Skinner sighed and shook his head. "Nothing, that is why I am sending the two of you. Hopefully you both might be able to pick up something that the local police might have missed, some lead or clue, anything useful."

"Yes Sir." They both said in unison.

"Oh, and agents, please keep me informed, at all times...is that clear?" Skinner pinned them both with a glare, it was obvious that he had not forgotten the Nevada Pig Incident.

"Yes Sir." They both replied again.

Skinner watched them both leave the office, satisfied, then turned back to his paperwork once more.

 

*Murder Scene*

It was late when Mulder and Scully were called out to the scene of the latest murder. A family of five. Mother, Father and two boys and a girl. All of them had been sitting in the living room of their modest fibro home, they had been watching television and eating popcorn and potato chips. The remains which were scattered on the powder blue rug.

Mulder looked around the room, it was utter chaos. The furniture had been thrown around, ornaments lay scattered about, mostly in shards.

"Looks like a hurricane hit in here." Scully commented, taking in the damage.

"Well, I'd say they put up a dammed good fight." Mulder replied thoughtfully. He walked over to the far wall. The family photographs hung in attractive frames were for the most part, covered in blood.

Blood lay in puddles and spray patterns on the floor and overturned furniture. The room was a scene of carnage.

A plain clothes detective approached them, his face grim.

"Are you Agents Mulder and Scully?" He asked without preamble.

"I'm Agent Fox Mulder, this is my partner Agent Dana Scully." Mulder replied.

"I'm Detective Gerald Owens, thirty fourth precinct." The three of them briefly shook hands.

"Great I was hoping that you might be able to shed some light on this case."

"We are more than happy to assist you in any way possible." Scully told him. Owens nodded.

"As you can see, our killer is not a man of subtlety." He said, waving towards the damage. "If anything, whoever is doing this seems to enjoy doing as much damage to the property as well as the occupants."

"That's one angry man you've got here in that case." Mulder replied. "Someone with a severe psychotic disorder."

"That's what we have called you guys in for." Owens replied. "I need a profiler on this, and I was told that you were the best."

Mulder gave the detective a small smile. "That's what they say." He replied.

Suddenly Scully broke in. "May I ask, where are the bodies?"

"Oh, they have already been taken to the Coroner's Morgue." Owen's replied. "This is the sixth family butchered in two months, it's absolutely imperative that we move on this as fast as we can."

"Of course." Mulder replied. "I'll need you to fill me in on the background and I'd like to have a look at the other case files."

"Sure, not a problem." Owens replied.

Mulder turned to Scully. "I need you to get down to the morgue, I want you to do an autopsy on the murder victims okay?"

"Sure Mulder." Scully replied. She left the house, heading towards her car, unaware that she was being watched.

 

*Coroner's Morgue*

Scully finished up the last autopsy, she was tired, hungry and feeling somewhat out of sorts. And no wonder, she glanced up at the clock on the wall, it as well after one a.m. Her body was at it's lowest ebb.

With a tired sigh, she stared peeling off her gloves and gown. She still had to report to Mulder, then she was going straight home and get some sleep.

She pulled out her cell phone and hit the speed dial.

"Hello, Mulder speaking."

"Mulder, I just finished doing the autopsies on the Gowensons. All five victims died due to massive trauma and blood loss. Their all had multiple stab wounds and there were some other wounds that I have yet to be able to identify the murder weapon, but if I was to guess... I would say that he used his bare hands."

"Not a pleasant fellow." Mulder remarked, he glanced out of the window of his car, he thought he had seen a shadow flickering past.

"Where are you now Mulder?" Scully asked, she crossed the quiet street, heading towards her car.

"I'm just parked outside the police station, I'm was just about to head for home when you called."

"Yeah, I'm headed for home myself." Scully replied. "Oh and Mulder, there's one more thing I almost forgot to mention."

"Yeah Scully what's that?"

"I found some unusual mark on the bodies, what looked to me like, burn marks."

"Burn marks!" Mulder said, his head suddenly jerked up. Was someone out there?

"That's what I said." Scully replied. "There were a couple of what looked like burns marks on both the parents, I did not find any on the children though."

"Can you identify what might have made the burn marks?" Mulder asked, he was craning his head around now, looking out into the darkened street.

"No, not yet, I sent some samples away to forensics, hopefully they should come back with some results soon." She stifled a yawn, the long day was beginning to catch upwith her. She rubbed the back of her neck tiredly. All she wanted to do now was go home, grab a shower and go to bed.

"Listen Scully, I'll talk to you tomorrow." Mulder said. He hung up and reached down to start the car.

Something moved behind him.

Mulder whipped around in his seat. Nothing there, the backseat was empty. He frowned, then shrugged. His overtired mind was playing tricks on him.

He started the car and headed back to his apartment, never noticing the orange clad figure that stood nearly hidden in a clump of bushes beside the police building.

 

*Mulder's Office*

Mulder looked up as Scully entered the basement office, she was carrying a file.

"I got the results back from forensics, it would seem that they have been able to identify the burn marks.

"And what caused them?" Mulder asked, leaning back in his chair. He had shed his coat and was sitting in front of his computer, shirt sleeves rolled up.

"It seems that the burns were caused by something electrical." Scully tossed the report on the desk in front of Mulder. He reached over and picked it up.

"What? an iron, a space heater?" Mulder asked, he opened the file and began to read.

"That's the problem Mulder, they aren't quite sure. Forensics ran some tests, and all they could come up with was that the burn marks were electrical in nature, the instrument used to inflict them, still unknown."

"I see." Mulder replied absently. He set the file back down again.

"I have actually been doing a little background checking of my own here." He said. Scully cocked her head slightly. "Oh yes?"

"Yeah, did you know that fifteen years ago, there were a series of murders, very similar to the ones that we are presently investigating."

Scully nodded. "Go on."

"Ever heard of a man by the name of Horace Pinker?" Mulder asked.

Scully frowned. "Horace Pinker...yes, that name does sound familiar."

"So it should, after all he was responsible for the brutal murders of over twenty families. They finally caught him back in 1987. He was tried, found guilty and put to death in the electric chair."

"Yes, I think I remember now." Scully replied. "They called him the Family Slasher."

"That's right, because he only preyed on families. Usually ones with young children." Mulder replied. "Although, there were a couple of murders that he committed that did not fit his usual M.O."

"Such as?" Scully folded her hands across her chest, curious now.

Mulder pushed himself out of his chair and walked around the desk, he went over to one of his filing cabinets, pulling the drawer open and took out a file.

"Ah here it is." He carried it over to the desk.

"What's that?" Scully asked, craning her neck slightly to look at the file.

"It's the FBI file on Horace Pinker." Mulder told her as he opened it.

"What's it doing with the X Files?"

"That's the good part Scully, it was an X File...well technically it still is, it was never solved, it's still an open case."

"Wait on Mulder." Scully said, holding her hand up. "I thought you said that he was tried and executed in the electric chair, how is it an X File?"

Mulder gave his partner a lopsided grin. "That's the kicker Scully You see after Horace Pinker was fried, it seemed that he came back and committed several other murders."

"He came back?" Scully stared at Mulder as though he has lost his mind.

"That's right." Mulder replied. His eyes held that familiar gleam that Scully knew so well. Mulder had found a bona fide X File.

"So it would seem. Apparently it turned out that Pinker was a Satanist, he also practiced voodoo and God knows what else.

"I see." Scully leaned back in her chair. "So what you're saying is he came back from the dead."

"Bingo." Mulder said with a grin. "And not only that, it seemed that he could use television sets to travel from place to place. That was how he was able to enter his victims homes."

"And you believe this?" Scully replied.

He held the file up. "It's all in the file here Scully. Seeing is believing, according to Tim Burton anyway."

"Yes, well that's very well if you've seen Sleepy Hollow, but this is reality Mulder, and in reality, people do not come back from the dead to continue their killing sprees."

"Well, I think this is something that is worth checking out." Mulder replied. "After all, what could it hurt?"

"Mulder, we are on a murder investigation here, not a ghost hunt. There is a serial killer out there that is preying on innocent people. Men, women and children Mulder, we don't have the time to be chasing up fifteen year old leads, okay."

"Just a couple of days Scully, that's all, okay?"

Scully sighed. "Well it's not like I can stop you is it." She replied drily. "But Mulder, you are going to find that it's a copy cat killer out there."

"We'll soon find out Scully." Mulder replied. "We will soon find out."

 

*Maryville*

The old man sat on the porch of the nursing home, in his wheelchair facing out towards the neat gardens and well manicured lawn.

He watched without interest as two dark clad people mounted the steps and walked over to where he was sitting, enjoying the sun.

"Mr Parker?" The lanky dark haired man asked. "Mr Donald Parker?"

The old man squinted up at Mulder. "Who's asking?"

"I'm Fox Mulder, this is my partner Dana Scully...where are with the FBI."

"Oh that must be nice for you." Parker replied drily. "Well what can I do for you both?"

"We have been investigating a series of murders taking place in the Washington area, murders that are very similar to ones that took place fifteen years ago."

Parker smiled grimly. "Yeah, I've been watching all about it on the news." He replied. "But that was a long time ago, why does that bring you both here?"

"There are some facets of the case that we are working on now that bear a striking resemblance to the Family Slasher killings fifteen years ago."

"Horace Pinker." Parker replied quietly. He looked away from Mulder and Scully, staring into space.

The two agents waited until Parker spoke again.

He killed my entire family you, my wife, two of my children....just butchered them while I was out working on the case.

"One of your children survived."

"Jonathan." Parker replied. "He wasn't living at home at the time. He was my oldest..." The words trailed away.

"Your oldest son." Mulder supplied. "And according to the police reports, he was instrumental in catching the killer."

Parker nodded slowly. "He had a dream." He said, his voice soft. "He could see Pinker, somehow... I don't understand it, but he was able to see where Pinker was, see what he was doing. Jonathan was able to lead us right to him."

"So he was able to trace Pinker through his dreams?" Scully asked.

Parker glanced up at her, his rheumy old eyes sharp.

"Look Agent..."

"Scully." She told him.

"....Scully, I can't begin to explain how or even why, but my son was able to form some kind of psychic link to Pinker, even after he was dead."

Scully nodded. "I see." She glanced up at Mulder, her eyes questioning him.

Ignoring her, Mulder spoke to Parker.

"Your son Jonathan had been fostered by you and your wife, am I correct?"

Parker shrugged. "All three of our kids were foster children Agent Mulder. So what's your point?"

"Pinker's last words before he was put to death..."

"Were a pack of godammed lies!" Parker yelled, his face reddening with fury. "I won't have either of you come here and dredge all this up again. Not now." Exhausted, the old man slumped back against his wheelchair.

"We found a birth certificate, and the foster papers Mr Parker." Mulder replied, his voice mild.

Parker sighed, then looked up at Mulder. "Yeah, it was true. Jonny was Pinker's son. The son of a bitch nearly beat the kid to death when he was only seven. The welfare agency found both him and his mother lying on the floor in their living room. Pinker had killed his wife you see, beat her to death, then tried to kill the son only, Jonny had managed to grab the gun and he shot his father through the knee. Pinker had managed to drag himself out of the house and disappear.

"But how did he manage to to that Sir, after all, if this... Pinker had been shot, then surely he would have needed urgent medical attention?"

Parker shrugged. "I don't know all the details, Agent Scully. All I do know is that this is all ancient history, I don't know why you want to drag it all up again?"

"Because we think that Horace Pinker has somehow come back to begin killing again." Mulder replied.

Both Scully and Parker both stared at him. Mulder regarded them, his hazel eyes utterly serious.

"I thought we had put that bastard down in hell where he belongs." Parker muttered. He sighed and stared down at his hands, twisted and gnarled with arthritis.

"Do you know something Agent Mulder?" He said suddenly. "In all my years on the police force,' I have met some bad men in my time. Men that were little more than animals. Men that I was glad to see go to the chair. But Pinker...well let me just say that I had never in all my life seen anything like him. He was truly evil, twisted in ways that none of us could even imagine. When he was strapped in that chair, I thought that this would be the end of it, but it wasn't. Somehow that fucker came back. Somehow he was able to ...jump from person to person, using their bodies, controlling them.... I did not believe Jonathan at first when he told me. But then I saw it myself." He stopped drawing a deep breath.

"Were you ever able to work out how he managed to do that? Jump from body to body the way he did?" Mulder asked, leaning forward. Scully could see that her partner was hanging on every word the old man was saying.

"Pinker practiced back magic." Parker replied. "Voodoo and Christ knows what else. The night that we raided his repair shop, the night that he slaughtered four of my people..." He shuddered, reliving the memory. "We found this secret room, it was filled with ...obscenities. Mutilated animal carcasses hanging on the walls. Other things, his house was even worse. I think that's were he got his power from. The power to harness electricity, to use it to travel from place to place. When they electrocuted him, it didn't kill him, it only made him more powerful."

"Uh huh." Scully cocked her eyebrow at Mulder, this was really beginning to push her 'oh yeah' button now.

Just then, a nurse came out onto the porch, she offered a smile to the two agents.

"I'm sorry, but it's time for Mr Parker's medication now."

"All right then." Mulder said, he turned to Parker, who had gone back to staring out at the lawn. He looked as though he had aged another twenty years, the corners of his mouth were trembling, his scrawny shoulders sagging.

"Thank you very much for your cooperation Mr Parker, oh there's just one more thing."

The old man looked up at him. "What's that?"

"Would you be able to tell us how to get in contact with your son Jonathon Parker?"

Parker shook his head. "I have not seen my son in a while Agent Mulder, I don't know where he is."

"I see, well in that case, thank you very much." With that, both agents turned to leave. Suddenly they were called back.

Parker was leaning forward in his wheelchair, a look of urgency on his face.

"You can't stop him Agent Mulder, he's too powerful now. He's going to keep killing and killing, and no one will be able to stop him. He's become a demon...a thing from the very depths of hell and you won't be able to stop him!"

Mulder stared at the agitated old man for a moment, then nodded. "Well, I am going to have to try then, won't I."

"You're a fool boy." Parker muttered as the nurse began to wheel him back inside.

"Just like my son...a dammed fool..."

Back in the car. Scully leaned her head back against the headrest, watching as Mulder settled his tall frame behind the wheel of the car.

"Please tell me Mulder that you did not buy any of that." She said.

"Why not Scully, all the evidence is there." He replied.

"Evidence?" She said, staring at him in disbelief. "Mulder, what evidence, there is no evidence."

"Sure there is." Mulder replied, he reached down to start the car.

"Look Scully, these murders are precisely the same as the ones that Pinker committed fifteen years ago, down to the very last detail Scully, things that the public did not know about. And the fact that at all the crime scenes, there was no sign of forced entry. It was as though the killer simply materialized inside their homes. And all the families just happened to be watching television

at the time."

"Mulder, that isn't exactly evidence, obviously someone knew about the Family Slasher murders, and copycatted them. It's not uncommon for an unstable person to discover old murders and then try to continue the pattern."

"Well, what about what Mr Parker had to say?" Mulder pointed out defensively.

Scully released an audible sigh. "Mulder, Mr Parker is an old man, I think that he might be suffering a mild form of dementia or perhaps even a psychosis..."

Mulder turned to look at her. "So in essence you have discounted everything he's told us?"

"In essence, yes."

*Fenton's Motel*

They both traveled back to the motel they were staying at in silence. Once there, Scully went straight to her room to shower and change.

Mulder, at a loose end decided to check out the local newsstand across the road from the motel.

He was flicking through a Pent House magazine when looking up, he spied someone looking at him.

The tall good looking man was standing near the newspaper stand, his dark skin gleaming in the overhead light.

He hesitated, obviously unsure whether to approach Mulder or not. He glanced over his shoulder, licking his lips nervously. Mulder replaced the magazine and walked over to where the man was standing.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

The man looked at him for a moment, then said. "Are you Agent Mulder?"

"As a matter of fact, I am." Mulder replied. "What can I do for you Mr..."

"Rhino, all my friends call me Rhino." He replied. "Look, is there someplace we can go and talk?"

"What about the coffee shop down the street?" Mulder asked. The other man nodded. "Yeah great, we can go there."

"Well then...Rhino, may I ask you what this is about?" Mulder replied. The other man looked around at the virtually empty shop. Then he leaned forward, conspiratorially.

"It's about the murders, the ones that you were asking Jonathon's Dad about."

"How did you know that we had gone to see Mr Parker?" Mulder asked, clearly surprised.

"It's not that big a town Mr Mulder." Rhino replied. "Come on, let's get that coffee."

The coffee shop was half empty when they both walked in. A pretty young waitress showed them both to a booth, then went away to get menus.

Once seated, Mulder leaned forward slightly over the table. "Okay, now shoot."

"I was there when it happened." Rhino told him. "I was with Jonny when he got the first... I don't know what to call it, vision...dream. But whatever it was, it lead Jonny straight to Pinker. You know that? It was the dammdest thing I ever saw. John went to sleep, and the next thing I know... it was like he was right there, watching eveything that Pinker was doing."

"Was he able to stop Pinker?" Mulder asked. The waitress bought their cups of coffee over to where they were both sitting. Rhino stopped, looking at her strangely.

"Will that be all?" She asked with a lipsticked smile.

"Uh, yes, thank you." Mulder replied. Rhino watched her go, then turned back to Mulder, he seemed to be frightened of something.

"No one can be trusted." He hissed. "No one Mr Mulder. I've seen it, I've seen how Pinker was able to jump from body to body, use it up until there wasn't anything more he could suck out of it, then toss it away like a used Kleenex and jump into the next one."

"That's exactly the same as Parker told me." Mulder replied.

"Did Parker tell you about the VooDoo, and the black magic?" Rhino asked.

"As a matter of fact he did."

"It's true you know." Rhino replied. "All of it Mr Mulder, you have to stop him, somehow... you have to stop him before he becomes even more powerful. He's already escaped from the trap that John set for him."

"Trap, what kind of trap?" Mulder asked. "Look Rhino, if there's a way that we can catch this man... ghost.. whatever he is."

"You have to talk to Jonathon, he was the one that was able to catch him, you talk to him." Rhino glanced up at the waitress, she was looking over at the both of them, her face unreadable.

"I gotta go." He said suddenly, pushing himself up from the booth. He was about to make his escape when Mulder caught him the his arm.

"Wait Rhino, if you know anything at all, it's your duty to assist me."

"Talk to John, he's the only one that can. Pinker was his father you see." Rhino said. Mulder could see that the other man was desperate to get away now.

"Do you know where I can get in touch with this Jonathon Parker?" mulder asked. Rhino shook his head. "No I don't, just try to stop this monster before he kills another innocent family."

With that, he was gone.

Mulder sighed and laid a couple of notes on the table, leaving a tip for the waitress.

 

*Washington*

Mulder sat at the computer, reading glasses perched on his nose. He looked up as the door to his office opened. Scully walked in carrying a couple of cardboard cups of coffee. She handed one to Mulder.

"Find anything yet?" She asked.

"I'm trying to find the present whereabouts of one Jonathon Parker, but it would seem that he has vanished off the face of the Earth." Mulder replied thoughtfully.

"Have you checked Missing Persons?" Scully asked. Mulder nodded. "I've checked every resource available, it's as though he's just disappeared.

Scully carefully lifted the lid off her own coffee, taking in the fragrant aroma.

"And no one back in Gates Falls knew his whereabouts either." She added.

"I do have one lead though." Mulder replied. "The nursing home where Mr Parker lives, I checked on who paid the bills each month. It would seem that they are being paid by one Mr Jonathon Parker."

"Was there an address?" Scully asked.

"Yes, I checked it out. It's an empty building due to be demolished to make way for a new shopping center." Mulder replied. "And the phone number has been disconnected as well. I've drawn a complete blank on everything.

Scully could see the frustration in her partner's expressive face.

"So except for the nursing home, there's absolutely no other lead."

Mulder shrugged and took his glasses off, rubbing tiredly at the bridge of his nose.

"Everythng is dead end, even the one lead I do have. The nursing home bill is paid by check every month from a trust account belonging to Jonathon Parker, but from there the trail just seems to end.

"It sounds like he doesn't want to be found." Scully commented.

"But why?" Mulder leaned back in his chair, thinking hard.

"Why would someone just want to disappear like that?"

"Well Pinker brutally murdered his girlfriend, Alison Clement, not to mention his foster mother, brother and sister. That could have a lot to do with why he went to ground." Scully replied. "After all, something like that would have a profound and lasting effect on a person."

Mulder slipped his glasses back on and returned to the computer screen."He's got to be out there somewhere Scully, and I intend to find him."

 

*Mulder's Apartment*

It was late by the time Mulder arrived home, he was tired and looking forward to a long hot shower and bed, with maybe one of his videos in between.

He unlocked the door to his apartment and entered, closing the door behind him. He switched the light on...and froze.

Alex Krycek was sitting on the sofa, arms outstretched, totally at ease.

"What the fuck are you doing in my apartment?" Furious, Mulder strode over to where Krycek was sitting. he reached down, grabbing the other man by the front of his black leather jacket and hauled him up off the sofa.

Krycek grabbed Mulder's wrist, wrenching them off him. "I came here to speak to you Mulder." He said. Mulder stared at him for a moment, then sighed and shook his head.

"Look Krycek, what ever you want right now, I'm not interested. "It's been a long day and I..."

"You are looking for Jonathon Parker." It was not a question.

Mulder stopped. "What do you know about Jonathon Parker?" He asked.

"I know one thing, he can't be found, because he doesn't want to be found, got it?"

"Krycek, I am in the middle of a murder investigation." Mulder replied slowly. "If you know anything at all about Jonathon Parker, you had better tell me right now, you got that ratboy?"

"Fuck you Mulder." Krycek sneered. He loathed the nick name that Mulder had given him several months back.

Mulder grabbed him again. "You know something ratboy, I don't appreciate creeps like you breaking into my apartment in the middle of the night, it tends to piss me off...a lot."

"I came here to tell you Mulder. Don't go looking for Jonathon, there's a good reason why he doesn't want to be found, okay?"

"Then tell me." Mulder demanded. "Look, the reason I'm trying to find this guy is because I think he can help me on a case I'm working on right now."

"The Family Slasher." Krycek replied, his voice soft. "Also known as the Maryville Slasher. But his real name, was Horace Pinker."

Mulder looked at the other man for a moment, then nodded. "Horace Pinker committed a series of particularly brutal murders fifteen years ago. Among the slain were Parker's family."

"All except his father, he was the detective in charge of the investigation at the time. Only he and his eldest foster son who was living away from home at the time escaped." Krycek supplied.

So you know all about it." Mulder replied. "Then tell me this Krycek...how do you know Jonathon Parker?"

"We went to college together, he was my roommate, we became really close friends." Krycek told im.

"If you want to be his friend Krycek, you'll tell me where he is." Mulder replied.

"I can't Mulder...I really can't, Jonathon...Jonathon's in danger. Real danger, he has to lay low for awhile."

"Because Pinker's after him." Mulder replied thoughtfully. He looked at Krycek, who was standing quietly, both hands tucked in the pockets of his jacket.

He glanced up at Mulder now, his green eyes dark and unreadable.

"Jonny came to me because he's scared Mulder." He said his voice husky. "He managed to trap Pinker once, fifteen years, but somehow he's escaped and this time he's after Jonathon.

"Jonathon was his son." Mulder replied. Krycek nodded, then looked away. "Jonny had managed to erase it from his memory... the beatings his mother's murder, shooting his father through the knee. He had forgotten it all." Krycek was staring into space, his eyes looking inward, as though reliving a memory.

Then the truth hit Mulder and he realised why Krycek was protecting Parker.

"Krycek was..." Before he could frame the rest of his question, the television behind him turned on.

Both men turned, staring at the set, Jay Leno was on talking to Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe. The three of them were laughing over some joke that had been made.

"Mulder, I think that we had better get out of here." Krycek said slowly. Mulder nodded his agreement.

Suddenly an orange clad shape burst from the t.v.

"Jesus Christ!" Mulder exclaimed. The figure straightened up, laughing he faced the two shocked men.

"Not exactly." He said with a huge grin. He spread his arms wide, a big powerfully built man, in one hand, he was clutching one of the biggest knives that Mulder had ever seen.

"What the fuck do you want Pinker?" Krycek yelled, he had his own knife in his hand now.

"Why Jonny boy, aren't you glad to see your old man?"

"I fucking beat you once you murdering bastard and I can do it again." Krycek snarled.

Pinker burst out laughing once more, his deep set brown eyes twinkling with an unholy glee. "You think so boy, well I doubt it...I doubt it a lot."

With an inarticulate cry, Krycek launched himself at the bigger man. Pinker crouched down, meeting the blow with one of his own. Cursing, Mulder dashed for his gun that was still in the holster near his coat. Grabbing the gun, he pointed is straight at Pinker.

"Halt, FBI, drop the weapon Pinker...now!"

Pinker stopped, knife in hand, raised, eady to strike the younger man in front of him.

"Think that itty bitty gun can stop me boy?" He asked with a sneer. "Cause let me tell you something...that gun won't stop me from slitting your throat!"

"Come on Pinker, put the knife down or I'll shoot!" Mulder kept the gun aimed at the large man.

Pinker chuckled, then wiped his free hand across the back of his mouth. "You can't kill me boy... you see, I'm already dead."

"No neither of them can hurt you, but I can Pinker."

The girl shimmered into being in the middle of the room, a white glow surrounding her like a halo. She glided towards the prison uniform clad man. He backed away from her, his face twisted with revulsion.

"Stay the fuck away from me bitch!" He roared. Both Mulder and Krycek watched with fascination as Pinker backed away from her, his entire body trembling.

She turned to both the men. "Run!"

Neither of them needed a second invitation. Mulder headed for the door, grabbing Krycek and hauling him through it. They both raced down the stairs and out into the carpark where Mulder's car was sitting.

"Jesus, car keys." Mulder gasped,praying silently, he dived his hand into his pocket and felt something cold against his fingers. "Thank God." He muttered. They were still in his pocket.

Mulder unlocked the car and both men dived inside. Mulder glanced up towards the door of the apartment building that they had just left, half expecting to see Pinker emerge.

Nothing stirred, hardly reassured, Mulder got in behind the wheel and headed the car out of the underground car park and towards the one person who could possibly help them.

 

 

End Of Part One

If you would like to adopt this fic, contact the author at: lady_midath@yahoo.com.au