Daydreaming of You

By the Fairy Queen

Fandom: Ememrgency

Pairing: Roy/Johnny

NC-17 SLASH

Archive: Yes

 

DAYDREAMING OF YOU

By The Fairy Queen

Roy DeSoto was not a happy man. Today was Saturday, and he had the day off. This should have been a good thing, since under normal circumstances he would be looking forward to a full day of togetherness with his lover and/or his children. But today circumstances were not normal. This particular Saturday happened to be his ex-mother-in-law's birthday. Roy wouldn't be seeing his kids today because they were in Sacramento with his ex-wife Joanne and her parents. He wouldn't be spending the day with Johnny either, because he was filling in for a sick paramedic on B shift.

Nine o'clock in the morning and Roy didn't have the faintest idea of what to do with his day. /I should pay bills/ he thought. /I know the electric bill is coming due./ Since that particular idea lacked appeal, he turned on the television instead.

Roy used the remote control that came with his and Johnny's new TV to cruise the stations. Channel 12 was showing Saturday morning cartoons. In fact, it seemed every station was showing Saturday morning cartoons. He was about to turn the TV off when an announcer's voice stopped him, finger poised above

the "power" button.

"Coming up next on Channel 8 KNBC, 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty', starring the great comedian Danny Kay. Stay tuned for this classic movie!"

Roy liked Danny Kay. The bills could wait; maybe a lighthearted movie was just what he needed to lift his spirits. He put the remote down and leant back against the couch cushions to watch.

Roy spent the next hour and a half engrossed in the movie version of James Thurber's famous short story of a henpecked husband who escapes his dreary real life by incessantly daydreaming.

When the movie ended, Roy clicked the TV off and rested his chin on fisted hands. There were still those bills to pay, and his car could use a wash, but Roy found it difficult to switch mental gears to face the waiting chores. All he could think of was Walter Mitty and his special brand of escapism. Roy was a pragmatist; he always had been the "sensible" one, not in the least prone to flights of fancy. But something about this particular old movie struck a chord with him.

Finally he shook off the odd feeling and rose from the couch, stretching briskly and bouncing on the balls of his feet to get the blood going. He gathered his checkbook and the stack of bills neatly bound by a rubber band and sat down at the dining table. Smokey, the cat he and Johnny had adopted after Joanne left Roy, taking both the children and Roy's dog, wound himself around Roy's feet, purring loudly. Roy reached down to scratch the animal behind the ears before turning with an effort to the task at hand.

He'd only written two checks when he realized his mind was wandering away from the job and seemed extremely reluctant to return. Giving up, Roy dreamily stuck the end of his pen in his mouth and let his subconscious take over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roy flinched as yet another blast of machine gun fire ripped up the muddy turf just in front of his position. He glanced over at his fellow doughboy, who lay flat on his stomach in the trench, staring grimly up at the sky and the German Junkers CL.I which seemed determined to strafe the young Yanks into oblivion.

"John!" he shouted, and the somber young man turned to face him. "What do we do? We are the only ones left alive!" It was true; all around the two young men lay the bodies of their Infantry comrades, killed where they lay by the German shells.

"We fight to the death!" John shouted back, and turned back to scanning the skies. Roy inched closer, until they lay shoulder to shoulder in the muddy trench. Above them the airplane made one last run at their position, then banked left and climbed, disappearing into the darkening sky.

Johnny and Roy stared after the retreating craft, too amazed by their unexplained good fortune to rejoice. Roy found his voice first. "My God, they left us alive! We're alive, Johnny, we're alive!" In his excitement,

Roy reached over and threw his arms around his comrade and closest friend in the world, pulling him close and covering his mouth with his own. The kiss was passionate, filled with long repressed love and longing and the sheer fierce joy of being alive. "Oh, Johnny," Roy whispered, "You don't know how long I've ached to do that."

John looked up at his friend; love shining undisguised in his deep brown eyes. He opened his mouth and said, "Meowrrr!"

Roy fell back in his chair as Smokey leapt onto the table, landing on the scattered bills and sliding the full length of the table to fall into Roy's lap. Displeased by his ungraceful flight, the cat dug his claws into Roy's groin and launched himself onto the bookshelf behind the table. Roy stared at the feline, who now sat nonchalantly on the shelf, calmly washing behind one ear. Trying to ignore the sharp stabbing pain of the puncture wounds in his thighs and nearby parts, Roy muttered, "Goddamn cat. For two cents I'd feed you to Boot." Smokey just trained his golden eyes on Roy and purred loudly.

**************************************

Roy pulled his car into the parking lot of Kroger and parked as close to the front as possible. Roy was no wimp, but the puncture wounds he'd gotten courtesy of Smokey hurt like hell.

Roy managed to disentangle a shopping cart and pulled his list from his pocket. Milk, bread, those weird chips that Johnny craved that came in a can. Roy couldn't fathom why anyone would want potato chips from a can, but for Johnny, he'd buy them... Johnny, his Johnny, at work and not with Roy. He sighed. If they were home today, they'd be snuggling on the couch about now, watching the Saturday afternoon rerun of "Star Trek". As dissimilar as they were in so many ways, Johnny and Roy were both rabid "Trekkies". Roy hated the term, especially when it was applied to him, (he found the idea of a grown man being fascinated by a children's show a bit shameful) but he supposed it was true enough.

Today's episode, if he remembered correctly, was supposed to be "Amok Time", one of his favorites. He got a malicious kind of glee from watching the oh so logical and unemotional Mr. Spock be swept away by animal lust. In a way, Roy had always sort of identified with Spock. Oh, he had a sense of humor, and enjoyed a good laugh as well as the next guy, but somehow he'd fallen into the pigeonhole of being the reliable, stable stalwart. When he was growing up, and now for his children, and Johnny, and his mates at the station, Roy had to be the brick wall that everyone could lean upon.

He thought Johnny could be compared to Captain Kirk almost as well. He was certainly brave, daring and even occasionally histrionic. For the first time it occurred to Roy what a well-matched pair Kirk and Spock were. Why, they were so well matched that they could even have been lovers...

**************************************

"Captain Gage, we are approaching orbit of the planet Vulcan." Mr. DeSpock looked up from the viewer and locked gazes with his captain. His eyes were hot and bright with a lust which bordered insanity. "Request immediate transport to the planet's surface."

Captain John T. Gage looked at his first officer with a deep sadness in his soulful dark eyes. He couldn't bear to see his closest friend in such pain. For days DeSpock had been acting strange - even uncharacteristically violent - as he entered the Vulcan mating phase Pon Farr that strikes adult male

Vulcans every seven years.

Against Starfleet orders and his own better judgement, Capt. Gage had diverted the Enterprise from a tight schedule to return Spock to Vulcan so his mating ritual might be carried out.

"Permission granted, Mr. DeSpock." He rose from the com chair. "I will of course accompany you to the planet's surface."

DeSpock gave a brief, curt nod and headed for the turbolift, followed by the captain. When the doors closed, they found themselves alone. "Transporter room," Gage ordered, and the lift began to move.

Suddenly Mr. DeSpock hit the stop button. "Warning, turbolift has stopped between decks. Warning..." with another motion of his hand he killed the computer voice.

"DeSpock, what..." Captain Gage's barely formed question was cut off when DeSpock suddenly crushed his lips against his captain's. "I've changed my mind. This is insanity. I don't want to go to Vulcan to mate with a woman I barely know," he whispered harshly. "There is no one in any universe we have visited that I want half as much as I want you. If anyone is to be my mate, it is you, John T. Gage."

Captain Gage felt his heart swell with joy. "I feel the same!" he exclaimed. "Oh, the wasted years!"

DeSpock pulled his beloved close to his chest, feeling the thumping of his heart against his own breast, the heavy beat that assured him that his cherished Captain shared his feelings, the throbbing that picked up tempo until it almost sounded like a

//CRASH!//

"My goodness, young man, can't you watch where you're going?" Roy shook his head and gazed bemusedly down into the flashing eyes of an elderly, indignant woman whose shopping cart Roy had just smashed into.

"Oh. Gosh, ma'am, I'm so sorry. I guess I was ... distracted."

The elderly dowager just gave him a withering look and stalked away, muttering under her breath about young people on drugs.

Roy flushed deeply. Trying valiantly to ignore the amused and pitying looks of his fellow shoppers, Roy hastily finished his shopping. He packed the groceries into the Karman Ghia's tiny trunk and headed for home.

Halfway there he saw the sign for a self-serve car wash bay and decided that if he hurried, he'd have time to give the car a quick wash before the ice cream melted. He pulled into the closest empty bay and hopped out. There was a group of four or five rowdy teens in the next bay, but Roy ignored them.

He piled coins into the slot and began spraying down the car. As he watched the dust and dirt begin to roll down the car in waves, he noticed the resemblance of the wand he held to a sword. Giving in to a moment's fancy, he waved the wand in the air, arcing the water over the car and managing to get himself damp in the process. Despite the miserable day he'd had so far, Roy smiled.

Roy thrust and parried with the water wand, and had to stifle a raucous laugh for fear of drawing the attention of the brats in the next bay. Oh, this would be so perfect if only Johnny was here. Roy knew that Johnny would fall into the playfulness of the moment without hesitation. No doubt Johnny would grab a water wand of his own and play along, pretending he and Roy were famous Greek warriors and swordsmen, defending themselves again highwaymen...

 

Royuclus looked over his shoulder at the small gang of ragged, filthy brigands which surrounded them, and then back at Johnicles, who rolled his eyes and sighed. //Not again// was the unspoken message Royuclus received loud and clear.

Royuclus pulled his sword and turned, immediately feeling Johnicles at his back, two halves of a perfect whole. They fought their attackers with fierce and instinctive dexterity. Royuclus expertly blocked a sword thrust with his own weapon, the loud clanging of metal against metal almost deafening. Then he whirled smoothly to block a kick aimed by one of the bastards.

Johnicles held his own, using his wiry strength and speed to his advantage, feinting left then surging right, tearing a lethally studded club from one of the thief's grasp. Royuclus ripped the sword from another, and finally recognizing defeat, the men fled. Royuclus raised his sword in triumph, then dropped it and threw his arms around Johnicles, laughing with delight. "We win again!" he exulted, and covered Johnicles' mouth with his own, claiming it greedily. How long had he waited for this moment? And now here it was,

in a kiss filled with passion, love, and promise.

Royuclus gasped as suddenly he was drenched in cold water. He opened his eyes and came back to the moment with a palpable wrench, hearing for the first time the mocking, braying laughter of the teens in the next bay. The largest one of the bunch sprayed him again and then shouted, "Hey, man, if you want more water, you gotta put in more money!"

Roy looked dazedly at the wand in his hand and realized that it was no longer gouting water, and probably had not been for some time. He replaced it in its holder against the wall and studiously avoiding eye contact with the boys, jumped in the car and roared away.

Roy pulled up in front of the apartment cold, wet, annoyed and very, very horny. His constant fantasizing had him more turned on than he could remember being in quite a while. He was surprised and pleased when before he even had time to get out of the car Johnny pulled up in his truck right behind him.

They got out of their vehicles and met in the middle of the parking lot. "What are you doing home?" Roy asked, "I thought you wouldn't be back until the morning."

"Captain Stanley gave me the rest of the shift off. Dwyer dropped by looking for something to do, so he's going to finish out the shift." For the first time Roy realized that Johnny's shirt was bloody, and he grew alarmed.

"Are you hurt?"

Johnny glanced down at the blood, now turning dark and stiff, that had soaked the front of his shirt.

"Nah, it's not mine. Some kid fell off his bike. He's gonna be okay, but he had a bad gash in his scalp. Bled like a pig, and he wouldn't let go of me. But forget that, what the hell happened to you?"

Roy looked down at himself, his wet clothes clinging uncomfortably to his skin, and sighed deeply. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you, Junior," then proceeded to tell Johnny about his semi-surreal day anyway, even about the movie and his subsequent daydreams and the rude ending to each.

When Johnny finished laughing, he gave Roy a brief squeeze to the upper arm, the most contact they would risk in public, then armed sweat off his forehead. "Well, tell you what. Looks a lot like we could both use a nice hot shower about now. How about we get these groceries inside, and I wash your back for you?" Johnny wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, and Roy laughed with delight, his good humor fully restored now that his lover was home. "You got a deal, junior."

**************************************

Roy stepped into the spray of the shower and leaned back, closing his eyes and sighing with satisfaction as the hot water streamed over his chilled body. He smiled slightly when he sensed Johnny step closer. Johnny wrapped his arms around Roy and squeezed him lightly. "Man, you are cold."

"So warm me up."

Johnny couldn't resist an invitation like that, and grinned wickedly before brushing his lips very lightly across Roy's, then claiming Roy's mouth in a real kiss. Roy leaned into the kiss and allowed Johnny to push his tongue into his mouth. Johnny stroked his tongue lightly across the roof of Roy's mouth, and smiled into the kiss at Roy's strangled exclamation. John ran his hands up Roy's body to wind themselves into his hair, and he moaned deep in his throat. Roy might have been cold but his mouth was hot and yielding beneath Johnny's.

Johnny finally broke the kiss, and the two leaned against one another, panting. Finally John reached for the soap and began lathering Roy's chest. He giggled a little, a charming sound that Roy never tired of hearing, as he swirled his soapy fingers through the thick hair covering Roy's chest, making abstract patterns.

"Anytime you're through playing, Junior."

"Oh, I'm not nearly through playing yet, pally." With that, Johnny slid his soapy hand down Roy's belly to his semi erect cock, grasping it at the base and running his hand swiftly to the head and squeezing gently.

"Ahh.. that's not playing fair, Junior."

"So what makes you think I'd play fair?" Johnny leaned forward for another kiss and slid his hand underneath Roy to gently cup his heavy balls. He rolled each one tenderly between his fingers before reaching behind Roy to stroke his soapy fingers lightly over his anus.

Roy leaned against Johnny, bending his head to lap at one of Johnny's tight little nipples, nibbling at the pebbled skin.

"Turn around." Johnny ordered breathlessly.

Roy obeyed instantly, assuming the classic "against the wall" stance, pressing his palms against the slick tiles of the shower stall and bracing his feet a shoulder's width apart. Johnny grabbed the large bottle of baby oil they kept in the shower, then leaned forward and wrapping one arm around Roy's waist, gently pressed him forward until he was bent double. Johnny squirted the warmed oil over Roy's buttocks and stroked it into the crease between his cheeks. He worked two fingers into Roy's opening, raining kisses down upon Roy's back as the hot water pelted down on them. Johnny gently removed his fingers from Roy's body, making a soothing noise at Roy's moan of protest. He guided his cock into position, pressing it gently but firmly against the tight ring of Roy's anus. He pushed forward, entering him as gently as he could.

Roy pushed back against the invader, and Johnny grunted with pleasure, fighting the urge to drive himself into Roy as hard as he could. Roy moaned as Johnny slowly withdrew then thrust again, gradually burying more and more of his long shaft in the hot, tight confines of Roy's body until every inch of it was inside him. He wrapped both arms around Roy's waist and began to pick up speed, thrusting faster and harder.

Roy reached down to grasp his own cock, milking it in time with Johnny's thrusts. Oh, god, he was going to die, his head was going to explode, and then he did explode, twisting his body to get more sensation while Johnny squeezed him and bit him, crying out against his neck while crushing him hard against the slick shower walls.

There was the realization that Johnny was coming inside him, and then silence, broken only by the harsh breathing of two sated, blissfully satisfied men. Roy turned, groaning a bit as their bodies separated, and

rested his head against Johnny's chest. He felt strong arms tighten around him, warm hands stroke his belly and chest.

"Roy?"

"Ummm?"

Johnny leaned forward and rubbed his nose against Roy's in an "Eskimo kiss". "Sweet dreams."

 

 

The End