Copyright: March 2001 By Robin R. Neher

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: Becoming a Woman

Author: Robin R. Neher

E-mail: NRobin1027@aol.com

Rating: SLASH

Pairing: Dixie/Sharon

Archive: Yes

Summary: Nurse Sharon Walters is facing her 21st birthday. Dixie is about to give her the best present ever.

Content Warning: Harsh Language. Graphic F/F sex.

 

BECOMING A WOMAN

By Robin R Neher

Nurse Sharon Walters bounded though the double doors at Rampart with a huge grin on her face. Today, she was twenty-one years old.

"Morning, Sharon! Happy birthday!" Several of her fellow nurses called as she made her way toward the break room for coffee.

"Thank you!" Sharon called in reply as she walked down the hall.

*******************************

In her office, Dixie McCall smiled at the thought of one of her favorite nurses turning 21.

"Our Sharon, twenty-one years old today." Dix smiled.

"I can't believe it was three years ago that little princess came into our lives." Dr. Kel Brackett agreed. "What are you and the nurses planning for this special occasion?"

"We're taking her out tonight for dinner and her first legal drink." Dix smiled at the ER Chief. "Then back to my place for one heck of a party."

"Are you gonna tell her?" Kel inquired.

"I might." Dix answered. "If the time is right."

"Go easy, Dix. For all you know, she may be a virgin." Kel advised.

********************************************

Later that night, after all the party guests had left, Dix and Sharon sat together on Dixie's couch.

"Dix, you sure know how to throw a party." Sharon smiled. "You made my twenty-first birthday one to remember."

"You only turn 21 once." Dix smiled back as she plotted her next move.

Dix had decided to be subtle in revealing her feelings to Sharon. After all, she wasn't sure how Sharon felt about her.

"Sharon, now that you're of legal age, is there anything that you've wanted to do that you couldn't til now?" Dix asked. "What are your hopes for the future?"

"Well, I'll tell you one thing, I won't be like Johnny Gage and be a spree dater. When I fall in love, I want to be sure it's the right one and that it's the real thing." Sharon replied. "I want to know that when I marry, it'll last."

"I know what you mean." Dix whispered. "It seems like love is so hard to find these days. All the good ones are taken."

"Yeah." Sharon agreed. "Where you're a kid, you think love is like a fairytale. Then you become an adult and reality creeps in and boy, does it hit hard."

"No kidding." Dix laughed.

"Dix, how come you're not married? You have lots of candidates to choose from at Rampart." Sharon said.

"Well, maybe," Dix sighed.

"Dr. Brackett's still nuts about you. Better yet, what about that actor guy?" Sharon asked.

"Ray?" Dix laughed. "Sharon, you're crazy if you think that I'd marry him! As for Kel, he and I are long since through."

"C'mon, Dixie! Have you never once thought of settling down with some handsome man? Don't tell me you've never thought of having a husband and some kids or a house with a white picket fence!" Sharon probed.

"Now and again I do." Dix replied as she covered Sharon's hand with hers, slowly.

Dix was both suprised and delighted when Sharon didn't pull away.

"Dix, I want a love like that someday, with a man or woman." Sharon purred.

 

END PART 2: Becoming a Woman