Copyright: July 2001 By Robin R. Neher

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL
EXPERIENCES.

Title: Ya blinded me!

Author: Robin R. Neher

E-mail: NRobin1027@aol.com

Rating: PG

Fandom: Emergency!

Pairing: N/A

Archive: Yes

Summary: Let's say that Cap was really blinded by Johnny's camera flash in the episode "Camera Bug"

Content Warning: Angst.

 

Ya blinded me!

by Robin R. Neher

Captain Hank Stanley was reading a notice to A-shift when Paramedic John Gage snapped a picture with his camera.

"What the matter, Cap?" Johnny asked.

"Ya blinded me ya twit!" Hank snapped.

"Uh, maybe I should depend more on the outside shots." Johnny said, sheepishly.

"Funny you should say that." Cap smirked as the tones sounded, sending the station to a truck over a cliff.

**

Two days later, Johnny was called into the office as he arrived for work. Going inside, Johnny was met by Captain Hookrader.

"Where's Cap?" Johnny asked.

"In the hospital, thanks to you!" The senior Captain replied. "You blinded him with your camera flash!"

"What do you mean, Cap?" John asked, his face draining of blood.

"Johnny, that flash damaged Hank's corneas. He can't even make out light now!" Roy DeSoto said, entering the office.

Johnny began to cry as the news sunk in.

"I didn't mean for that to happen!" Johnny sobbed. "I didn't mean to! I didn't mean to!"

Johnny ran crying from the office. Roy went after him.

"I didn't mean to!" Johnny kept sobbing as he opened his locker.

Roy watched as Johnny took out the pictures he taken for the contest and began ripping them in two.

"Hank, I'm sorry!" Johnny wailed. "I'm sorry, Hank!"

"Johnny!" Roy yelled, grabbing the young man and trying to restrain him.

Roy knocked the rest of the photos from the distressed Paramedic's hands, then sank with him to the floor.

"Hank, I'm sorry!" Johnny sobbed. "I'm sorry!"

"Johnny, Sssssssh," Roy whispered rocking the crying man.

END PART 1