Copyright: January 2002 By Robin R. Neher

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT. THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS
USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: When A Fight Turns Physical.

Author: Robin R. Neher

E-mail: NRobin1027@aol.com

Rating: PG

Pairing: None

Archive: Yes

Fandom: Emergency

Summary: Roy disappears after a fight with Joanne. Joanne seeks council from Johnny.

Content Warning: Angst. Some Harsh Language. Violence.

Author's note: I got the idea for this story from the Emergency episode, "Zero". Remember that lady, Vera and her Son, Tommy, who Roy and John kept from jumping off a building? I thought, what if Joanne DeSoto felt the same way, except that instead of her kids, she lashes out at Roy? I wonder just how many of us have felt the same way?


When A Fight Turns Physical.
by Robin R. Neher

It was a typical night in LA as Johnny Gage settled into his favorite chair to watch TV. He was enjoying some well deserved time off after working four days straight. As his favorite show was about to start, his doorbell rang.

"Who is it?!" An annoyed Johnny called.

"Johnny, it's Joanne! Please, I need to talk to you!" Joanne DeSoto pleaded from outside, obviously upset.

Joanne was the wife of Roy DeSoto, John's partner and best friend at station 51. Johnny quickly let her in. As she stepped inside, Johnny saw blood all over the woman's clothes.

"Jo, what happened?" Johnny asked, gently. "Are you hurt?"

"Johnny, in eleven years of marriage, Roy and I have had our ups and downs, but I was always patient with him, that is, until an hour ago." Joanne wept. "Johnny, I attacked Roy, physically!
I just can't take it anymore!"

"What, Hon?" Johnny asked. "Tell me what happened!"

"Do you have any idea what it's like to be me?!" Jo cried. "I spend one out of every three nights alone, even more during brushfire season! And then. when Roy does come home, he bitches about everything! My shirts aren't clean! This dinner tastes like slop! Why isn't the house clean?! It never stops! Johnny, it never stops! I can't stand even being with Roy in bed anymore! He turns cold if I say no to sex!"

"Honey, did you lose control tonight?" Johnny asked.

"Johnny, I never meant to hurt Roy, honest I didn't, but he was just pushing too damn much!" Joanne sobbed and hissed. "The next thing I knew, I had one of his belts in my hand and I was
rasing it, over and over! Roy screamed as I hit him again and again! It was an awful scream, but I just kept hitting! I wanted that son of a bitch to feel what I felt for eleven years!"

"Jo, where's Roy now?" Johnny asked.

"I don't know." Jo sniffed. "After I was spent, I saw what I had done. Roy was on the floor in the fetal position, crying like a baby! Johnny, I never meant to hurt him! There was blood everywhere! That's when I left and came here."

"Jo, I need to get over there. You stay here, okay?" Johnny asked. "I'll call Dix to come and sit with you."

"Thank you, Johnny." Jo smiled, through her tears as Johnny got on the phone.


END PART 1