Copyright 2000, by Rebecca Lee

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: The Accident

Fandom: Emergency/The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries

Author: Rebecca Lee

E-mail: R_Roquelaure@email.msn.com

Rated: R/Slash

Pairing: Johnny/Joe & Frank/Nancy

Archive: Yes

Content Warning: Male/Female Sex, Male/Male Sex & Language.

Synopsis: When Frank and Nancy arrange a private little get away for two and are involved in a car accident. Frank is seriously injured and Nancy must contact his family.

 

THE ACCIDENT

by Rebecca Lee

"You know when we get back. We're going to have to explain why we just disappeared like that." Nancy said as she laid her head on Frank's chest.

"Do you know how much I love you?" Frank asked as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Not fair, you're changing the subject." Nancy said and quickly kissed down his hairy chest to the band of his swimming trunks.

"If you keep doing that, I'm going to do a lot more then change the subject." Frank replied with a groan as she sat across his hips.

"Make love to me, Frank." Nancy begged.

"Here?" Frank asked as he flipped her over in the sand and passionately kissed her.

"Oh, yes, right here and right now-"

"That's a bit kinky, isn't it?" Frank asked with a hearty burst of laughter.

"It's a secluded beach, we're alone and to tell you the truth I wouldn't care if a whole flock of reporters catch us." Nancy replied with a broad grin.

"If they do, your father will kill me." Frank said with a chuckle.

"I'll make it worth your while." Nancy replied with a grin as she pressed her lips to his.

Suddenly there was a loud rumbling and the ground started shaking, violently.

"Earthquake!" Frank shouted as he looked up and seeing the cliff coming down on them, he instantly covered Nancy as best he could.

"No, Frank," she screamed in horror as the first rock, hit Frank. "no!"

***

Meanwhile at Station 51, Johnny Gage was hanging up the telephone from speaking with his latest flame.

"That dose it I'm swearing off women!" Johnny exclaimed as he flopped down at the table.

"That's about like me not believing in the little people--"

"I mean it, Chester. No more women for Johnny Gage," Johnny interrupted him.

Suddenly the claxon sounded.

"Landslide on the beach, see the Policeman on old langley road." The operator called as the men ran to their trucks.

"Station 51, KMG-365."

***

Twenty minute later, the crew of Station 51 arrived on the scene.

"Hank, we've got two people down there, near the edge of the slide." Officer Vince Howard shouted as he ran over to Captain Standley.

***

An three hours later after lots of hard work.

"Here!" Mike Stoker shouted as he and Marco Lopez uncovered a female's hand and then a male's shoulder.

"She's alive!" Marco added as the others rushed over to see the hand move.

Digging the couple out was a slow painstaking job as the tide was coming in, but two hours later a thoroughly unconscious Frank and a banged up Nancy was loaded into an ambulance and rushed to Rampart Emergency.

***

"You're a very lucky, young woman. You just have a couple of bruises." Doctor Donaldson said after thoroughly checking Nancy Drew.

"What about Frank? Is he okay?" Nancy asked, quickly.

"Is he your husband?" Donaldson replied.

"No, at least not yet. Please, tell me-- I-- I have to know?" Nancy cried as she grabbed his arm.

"I'll see what I can find out." Donaldson replied as a nurse walked in with a nurse's uniform and he left.

"Put this on." The nurse ordered and handed her the uniform.

"Thank you. Ah, wait," Nancy said as she slipped the dress on over her bright pink string bikini and ran out of the room after her. "do you know anything about the young man that I was brought in with?"

"He's been rushed into emergency surgery, and he's not expected to live." she replied, coldly and walked away as tears filled Nancy's eyes.

Nancy slowly pulled herself together as she walked to the payphone.

"Damn!" Nancy swore as she realized that she didn't have any change and hit the zero as she grabbed the receiver. "Operator, I need to make a collect call to the residence of Fenton Hardy in Bayport Massachusetts from Nancy Drew, it's a emergency... Mister Hardy, Frank and I have had a accident... We're in Rampart General Hospital in LA, Frank's in emergency surgery...They don't know if he'll make it... Yes, Sir... Ah, can you call my Dad...Thank you, I'll be here." she cried and hung up, she slowly walked down the corridor towards the waiting room. *God, please don't let Frank die... Please, let him live* she thought as tears poured down her cheeks.

"Miss. Drew?" A kind female voice asked.

"Yes," she replied as she turned to face a blond nurse. "Ma'am."

"You poor thing, come with me." The nurse said and led Nancy into the Nurse's Lounge. "I'm Dixie McCall, Doctor Donaldson ask me to fill you in on youryoung man's conditions." she added as she handed Nancy some tissues.

"Is Frank going to die?" Nancy asked as she watched Dixie pour two cups of coffee.

"I wish I could tell you no, but the truth is we don't know-"

"Give it to me straight, I'm a part time investigator. I can take it." Nancy interrupted her.

"Ok, I'll be straight with you, but you have to be strong and if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you." Dixie said and Nancy nodded her head in agreement.

"Frank's in emergency surgery now, he has four broke ribs, one of them punctured his lung, his spleen was ruptured along with his gallbladder and he has lost a lot of blood."

"Dear God, it's my fault. When the cliff came down, Frank used his body to protect me." Nancy sobbed.

"Now, Nancy, calm down and drink this." Dixie said as she handed her one of the cup's of coffee and sat down at the table across from her. "Nancy, I've been head nurse here in emergency for five years and in that five years, I' ve seen some pretty amazing things. Don't you give up on your young man, he' s got a lot to come back too and you need to make sure he knows that."

"I will, but what do I do if he dies?" she sighed. "I love him, so much."

"You'll go on, because that's what he would want you to do." Dixie replied with a smile. "I was in the room with him, before they took him into surgery and he could only think of you."

Nancy could only smile at the thoughts of the strength of Frank's love for her.

"Dixie, when he's out of surgery can I see him?"

"I'll speak with Doctor Brackett, but I'm sure he'll allow it." Dixie replied with a kind smile.

"Mrs. McCall, there's been a gang fight." A nurse said as she walked in.

Dixie instantly stood up and started to leave.

"Is there anyway that I can help?" Nancy asked as she stood up and followed Dixie and the other nurse into the corridor.

"By keeping your ass out of the way, Missy!" The other nurse roared.

"Nurse Richards, I have repeatedly ask you to hold your tongue and be courteous. Today when you pick up your paycheck, pick up your severance pay as well." Dixie said, quite calmly as she turned to face the nurse.

"Fine, then. I'll go to the Administrator." The nurse huffed.

"I suggest you do." Dixie replied and the nurse stormed off. "Nancy, the best thing for you to do is lay down and rest. You've been through a lot today already and we have enough help, but thank you for offering." she added as she looked at Nancy. "Sharon,"

"Yes, Ma'am." A young student nurse replied.

"Show Miss. Drew to Doctor Brackett's office, please." Dixie said with a smile.

***

The next morning, the Hardy's and Carson Drew rushed into Rampart General Hospital and was immediately showed to the Intensive Care Unit.

"We normally don't allow more than one person at a time in, but Doctor Brackett has okayed family and friends." A nurse said as she showed them to the glass, where they could see into Frank's room. "Miss. Drew has been at his side, since he was brought out of recovery. Maybe one of you can at least get her out for some fresh air."

"Oh, Fenton," Laura Hardy cried as she saw her battered son beneath an oxygen tent and instantly turned her head to cry on her husband's shoulder. "it doesn't look like our little boy."

"Honey, he'll be all right." Fenton replied, calmly as he fought to cover his own emotions. "Frank's a grown man now and judging by the way Nancy's holding his hand in there, I think he's got a lot more to live for."

***

Meanwhile Joe walked into the room and up beside Nancy.

"Nancy," he whispered.

Nancy turned and looked up at him, Joe almost gasped he had never seen her eyes so empty and yet so sad.

"Thank God, I didn't think you guys would ever get here." Nancy sighed as the others joined them, but she didn't budge from her chair or release Frank 's hand.

"Nancy, are you okay?" Carson Drew asked as he patted his daughter's shoulder.

"I'm fine, Dad, thanks to Frank. He saved my life, when that cliff came down on us." she replied as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Nancy, what cliff? How did Frank save your life-"

"Why did you and Frank runaway?" Gertrude Hardy asked as Nancy began to shake.

"Frank and I, needed sometime alone-"

"I'm not sure, I want to ask for what." Gertrude interrupted her as a young, tall black haired Doctor and a blond haired Nurse walked in.

"Doctor Brackett, Dixie," Nancy said as she stood and started to let go of Frank's hand.

"Nanc- Nancy?" Frank asked as his eyes blinked opened.

"I'm here, Honey, I'm here." Nancy cried, joyously as she stepped up so that he could see her.

"Are- Are you okay?" Frank asked as he made a mental note of her shaken condition.

"I'm fine, now." she cried.

"Don't cry, Baby," Frank whispered as he squeezed her hand. "we'll be back on the beach in no time at all."

"Oh, no way. I'm never going to another secluded beach again, never." Nancy replied, strongly causing Frank to laugh.

"Oh, God-"

"This is just to make sure you don't rip any stitches." Dixie interrupted him as she instantly grabbed a pillow and held it to his chest and stomach.

"If you'll all wait out side for a few minutes, I need to check this young man out." Doctor Brackett said as he looked at the Hardy's and the Drew's.

***

Later that day, the Hardy's and Nancy's father finally talked Nancy to go down to the cafeteria with Mr. Hardy, Mrs. Hardy, Joe and her father to eat as Gertrude sat with Frank, but she was more tired then hungry and only picked at her food.

"Nancy, why don't you let me take you to your hotel where you can rest?" her Father asked.

"Frank and I are staying in one of his friend's beach house. I- I can't go back there, not without Frank," she replied as she played with her food. "and I'll go home when Frank does. Not before-"

"Miss. Drew," A tall, slender Indian in a Paramedic uniform interrupted her. "I'm Johnny Gage with station 51-"

"I remember, if it hadn't been for you guys Frank and I wouldn't even be here," Nancy interrupted him and standing up, she quickly hugged him and then Roy as he walked up. "if you guys ever need anything, you just yell."

"Hey now, it was our pleasure. We just came over to see how your young man's doing?" Roy said.

"Doctor Brackett saw him earlier, he said it's to early to tell if he's going to have any long term effects, but he's conscious and he's going to live-"

"Huh-hum," Joe cleared his throat. "Nancy, are you going to introduce us to your friends?" he continued with a smile. *Now, he's gorgeous. Oh, hell, with my luck he's straight*

"Oh, I forgot. Mr. and Mrs. Hardy, Dad, Joe, this is Paramedics Roy DeSoto and Johnny Gage. They're two of the firefighters that rescued us." Nancy replied with a tired smile.

"It seems we're in your debt, Gentlemen." Carson said as he stood up and shook their hands, along with the other.

"I don't quite know what to say, thank you hardly seems enough for saving my son and his lady's lives." Mrs. Hardy said as she hugged Roy and Johnny.

"It's more then enough, Mrs. Hardy." Johnny replied with a crooked grin.

"It was our pleasure, Ma'am." Roy said.

***

Twelve weeks later, Frank was recovering beautifully and Doctor Brackett released him, the Hardy's and Mr. Drew reluctantly headed back east, after seeing him and Nancy back to the beach house and leaving Joe to watch Frank and Nancy.

A couple of nights later, Nancy slipped into Frank's room.

"Are you awake?" she asked.

"Yeah," he replied as he sat up with a smile. "do you know how beautiful you are?"

"Shh, you're not up to getting me turned on yet-"

"Want to bet?" Frank interrupted her with a grin as she sat down on the edge of the bed and he pulled her into his arms.

"Frank Hardy, you're going to make me wake our baby-sitter." Nancy giggled as he kissed her neck and pulled loose her robe.

"Oh, you came prepared." Frank laughed as he ran his hand down the small of her back and suckled her firm, large breast.

"Oh, God... Ah, Frank, we- Oh, man, your hands," she gasped as his talented fingers massaged her clit. "I need you, so bad. Now, let me have you now?" she continued as she leaned into his lap and anxiously pulled of his briefs.

"Oh, yes," Frank sighed as she licked up his enormous manhood and quickly deep throated him, causing him groan with pleasure.

Suddenly the door burst opened and Joe rushed in, causing Frank to immediately ejaculate as he jerked the covers across himself and Nancy.

"Frank, are you all- Oh, God, I'm-" Joe stuttered and froze as he realized what he'd blundered in on.

"Ah, Joe." Frank said and motioned toward the door as he felt Nancy cringing beneath the covers. "Joe!"

"Ah, yeah, sorry." Joe replied and quickly left.

"Ah, Honey, are you okay?" Frank asked as he lifted the cover and peered down at Nancy.

"Yes, but I don't think I'll ever be able to face Joe again." Nancy replied as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"I guess, we're just going to learn to be a little more quite." Frank said with a chuckle.

"That's not funny," she replied, quickly. "Hey, maybe I should call George. She just loves Joe and he seems to enjoy being around her, who knows they might fall in love too-"

"Ah, Honey, I don't think that would never work." Frank interrupted her with a hearty chuckle.

"Why not, I thought you liked George?" Nancy exclaimed as she sat up.

"Honey, I do like George, but believe me it just won't work." Frank laughed.

"Frank Hardy, don't you laugh at me." Nancy cried as she grabbed her robe and quickly put it on.

"Nancy," Frank called as he grabbed his robe, carefully pulled it on and went after her. "Nancy? Honey?"

"She's ran out on the patio." Joe said as Frank made his way into the living room, where Joe was pretending to watch television, but he was secretly scolding himself for causing the lovers quarrel.

Frank made his way out to the patio to see Nancy crying.

"Honey," he said as he walked over and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry, but I really wasn't laughing at you."

"Then, what was so funny?" Nancy asked as she turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I made a promise to Joe along time ago and I can't break it, but believe me bringing George out here is really not a good idea." Frank replied and kissed her. "Okay?"

"Okay, but I still don't understand... I think George and Joe would be a great match--"

"Except for one thing," Joe interrupted her as he walked out onto the patio. "I'm homosexual."

"You- Gay? Do your folks know?" Nancy replied in shock.

"Are you kidding, they'd have a cow and Aunt Gertrude would castrate me for sure-"

"Joe, you're exaggerating." Frank interrupted him. "Love's the same, whether it's a man and woman or a man and man."

"Frank's right, love's what's important." Nancy said with a smile. "I'm sure that your family would understand."

"Yeah, well, maybe when I find the right guy," Joe replied. "until then, I want your word that you won't tell anybody?"

"You got it, besides who would besides they would never believe that the Bayport Casanova likes guys." Nancy said and they all laughed.

***

Early the next morning, Joe was awoke by the sounds of Frank and Nancy making love.

*Five times* Joe thought as he pulled the pillow over his head, but it was useless. "Damn!" he sighed as he quickly got up.

Twenty minutes later, Joe was sitting on the beach staring at the Pacific.

Suddenly someone touched his shoulder and he looked up to see a tall, dark haired Johnny Gage smiling down at him.

"Good morning." Johnny said.

"Good morning," Joe replied with a bold grin as he stood up, taking in Johnny's smooth chest and lean body. "what brings you here?"

"I come here for swim, after work sometimes." Johnny said. "How bout you?"

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take walk." Joe sighed.

"Ah, say have you had breakfast?" Johnny asked with a smile.

"No, and now that I think about it, I'm starving." Joe replied.

"I don't live far from here, come on I'll fix you something to eat." Johnny said with his usual crooked smile. "That's if your not scared of fire house cooking?"

"I'll try anything once." Joe replied with a smile and instantly got up.

"Anything?" Johnny asked.

Joe immediately noticed the twinkle in Johnny's eyes and smiled to himself.

"Ah, Johnny, there's something you should know before we go and well," he said, solemnly. "you may change your mind."

"I doubt it, but what?" Johnny replied.

"I'm gay." Joe said, boldly.

"Good that makes two of us, but while we're confessing here. There's something that you should know too." Johnny replied with chuckle.

Joe just stood there and stared into his eyes.

"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you, since the day we met." Johnny said as they headed to his jeep.

 

THE END