Copyright: April 2001 By Robin R. Neher

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: Roy's Stardom

Author: Robin R. Neher

E-mail: NRobin1027@aol.com

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Roy/Joanne Joanne/Johnny Roy/Johnny/Joanne

Archive: Yes

Summary: In this sequel to the E! ep "Show Biz", we follow Roy as he prepares to pose for the fireman's calendar

Warning: Harsh language. Graphic M/F sex. Graphic violence. PWP. Sexual Bondage.
 

Roy's Stardom

by Robin R. Neher

Roy DeSoto grunted as he did sit-ups in station 51's gym. As he worked out, Captain Hank Stanley entered.

"Roy, take it easy, Pal. Don't kill yourself over this calendar." Cap laughed. "All you'll be doing is posing in turnouts by the rig."

"Even so, I wanna look my best. I am representing this station." Roy reminded his boss. "What I don't understand is why this client chose me over Johnny. Johnny is striking."

"Maybe this person thought John looked too much like a model." Cap guessed. "People could guess that you're really a fireman. The photographer comes at one."

"I know." Roy grunted, doing another sit up.

"Roy, lighten up!" Cap laughed. "You'll look just fine!"

"You think so?" Roy worried.

"Yeah," Cap smiled. "Go get into uniform and help John with the squad, huh?"

"Okay, Cap." Roy sighed, getting off the floor, then heading toward the lockeroom for a quick shower.
_________________

Later that afternoon, Cap met the squad as it returned from a run.

"Roy, Dick Friend's in the office." Hank informed the senior medic.

"He's early." Roy noted as he got out of the squad and made his way toward the office. "Dick, what's up?"

"Hey, Roy." The department's press relations officer replied as Roy shut the door. "The clients changed his mind again. He doesn't want firemen posed in turnouts. He wants you to pose nude."

Roy gasped at those words.

"Roy, are you okay?" Dick asked, seeing the redhead pale.

"Nude?" Roy whispered. "Did you say nude?"

"I did." Dick replied.

"Dick, t-that's revolting!" Roy stammered. "I can't do it! I have a wife and family!"

"Roy, don't panic. You don't have to do it if you don't want to." Dick soothed. "I'd like you to think it over though."

"Dick, what will my wife say? What will my kids think?" Roy worried. "Not only that, I'll have to endure the teasing of those clowns out there!"

"This could be a real shot in the arm for the department." Dick added. "Roy, everyone has a romantic image of a fireman. Strong, sexy, virile."

"Johnny's more that type, not me." Roy replied.

"The client thinks John looks too boyish." Dick told Roy. "Plus, you saw how Johnny acted when he was selected."

"He did act like a jerk." Roy agreed. "He was more into the girls than the shoot."

"Roy, your being married is an asset because you'll stick to business. Also, you look more like a stereotypical fireman, Johnny looks anorexic." Dick said. "The client said Johnny was too skinny."

"Dick, I need time to think this over and discuss it with Joanne." Roy stated.

"Okay, Okay," Dick through up his hands in surrender. "I need your decision soon though."

"Dick, I'll make the choice when I make it." Roy told the press officer. "In the meantime, I want this kept between us, no leaking it to the guys here or the other stations. Also, no photographers or cameramen here."

"Roy, they have to set up!" Dick argued.

"No cameras!" Roy insisted, emphatically as Dick got ready to leave.

"Okay! You don't have to get huffy!" Dick defended himself as he and Roy left the office. Dick then left the station.

Johnny then started to snicker as did the other guys.

"You find something funny, Gage?!" Roy demanded. "You find it funny that I may pose in the nude?!"

Johnny just snickered all the more. Roy yanked Johnny's pants down and grabbed his manhood, painfully.

"Now you listen, you little shit!" Roy hissed. "I hear so much as one more snicker out of you, your manhood will be gone and you'll pee like a girl for the rest of your life, got it?!"

A pale and crying Johnny nodded. Roy then let the young man go. Johnny then limped into the latrine, his pants and underwear around his ankles.

"The same goes for the rest of ya!" Roy warned, then made his way to the rec room to relax. Cap followed minutes later.

"Roy, you didn't need to threaten Johnny's ability to have kids." Hank told him as they sat on the sofa.

"Cap, this is hard enough without their teasing." Roy replied, tersely. "I find out that I'm to be a pin up! A nude pin up! God, what will Jo say?"

____________________

As soon as Roy arrived home the next day, Joanne was waiting for him, looking none too happy.

"Dick Friend called a few minutes ago." Joanne said, slowly. "He informed me that you were to pose nude for this calendar! When were you gonna tell me?!"

"Honey, I just found out today!" Roy squeaked. "Honey, I've haven't decided anything yet!"

"He sounded like you were gonna do it!" Jo yelled. "Now I'm gonna have to share my husband with the whole damn country!"

"Jo, let me explain!" Roy stammered. "I haven't decided if I'm gonna do it yet!"

"You pervert! You sickie!" Jo yelled. "Get out!"

Roy ducked as Jo threw a plate at him.

"Go on! Leave!" Joanne yelled, throwing all of Roy's clothes out of the house. "Take your perverted ideas somewhere else!"

Roy cried as he gathered his belongings and sped away in his truck. As he drove, he struggled to understand his wife's anger at him. Pretty soon, Roy found himself at the apartment of John Gage. Johnny answered Roy's knock seconds later.

"Roy, what happened?" A concerned Johnny asked as he examined the gash on Roy's head.

"Jo found out about the calendar! Dick Friend called her!" Roy sobbed, angrily. "Now my wife thinks I'm a sick pervert!"

"Oh," A suprised Johnny replied.

"Oh is right!" Roy sobbed. "Johnny, Joanne threw a plate at me, then threw all my stuff out of the house!"

"Calm down, Pally." Johnny soothed. "I'll have a talk with Dick next shift. In the meantime, let's get you to Rampart. That cut on your forehead needs stitches. You can sleep on my sofa as long as you need."

"Thanks, Junior." Roy smiled through his tears

 _________________

An hour later, John and Roy were back in Johnny's apartment after having Roy treated at Rampart. Roy was still upset as they sat on Johnny's couch.

"That son of a bitch!!" Roy hissed. "I'll kill him!!"

"Roy, take it easy. Anger won't help." Johnny soothed. "Dick couldn't have known how Jo would react. I'll talk to him, Okay?"

"After I murder him!" Roy yelled. "He made me look like a pervert to my wife!! God knows what Jo must be telling the kids now!"

"There's nothing you can do about it now!" Johnny firmly replied. "Joanne will calm down, then you can talk to her. In the meantime, take it easy and rest!"

Roy sighed as his anger faded and despair and confusion took it's place.

"Johnny, why would my own wife believe Dick over me?" Roy asked. "I'm an honest guy. I never lied to her."

"Dick is very persuasive." Johnny replied. "He is the press officer for the department. He probably called her thinking that she'd be happy for you."

"He probably twisted the whole calendar thing to make it sound sleazier then it is." Roy guessed. "Still, Joanne wouldn't even let me explain!"

"Roy, you can't blame her." Johnny countered. "After what Dick told her, she couldn't let you in."

"I only wish Jo would call." Roy softly said.

"Roy, sitting by the phone solves nothing." Johnny offered. "Neither does pining for Joanne."

"Johnny, I can't just sit here and be apart from my family." Roy argued, picking up the telephone and dialing his house. "Jo? Honey, talk to me, please? Jo, please don't hang up! Jo, Don't-"

Johnny watched as Roy slowly hung up the phone.

"She hung up!" Roy gasped, hurt in his blue eyes. "She hung up on me!"

"Roy, come on, Pally. We're on shift tomorrow. We need to hit the sack." Johnny said.

"How can I sleep with my wife mad at me?" Roy shot back. "Johnny, my whole marriage may be crumbling! I'm going over there and getting her to listen!"

Roy grabbed his keys and left before Johnny could reply.

___________

A few minutes later, Roy peeled into his driveway. Chris and Jen watched as their dad stormed into the house.

"Joanne, you come down here!!" Roy yelled. "You're gonna listen to me!!"

"Roy, You aren't welcome here!" Joanne yelled back, coming downstairs. "I thought I knew you! How could I know that my supposed husband has been leading a secret life?!"

"Jo, what are you talking about?!" Roy asked, loudly.

"My husband, the porn fan!" Jo replied. "Dick Friend told me you read Playboy at the barber shop!"

"Honey, they're just pictures!" Roy sobbed.

"Yeah, of naked women!" Jo yelled. "Do they turn you on, Roy? Do you enjoy looking at them?!"

"Honey, I love you!" Roy cried.

"But you like to look at them!" Jo countered. "Roy, what's wrong with me? I should be then one turning you on, not Playboy Playmates! Aren't I attractive anymore?!"

Roy watched as his wife began to weep. It was then he understood why Jo was so angry. Roy realized Jo was not secure in the fact that he loved her and her alone. As Roy turned to
leave, the picture of his love weeping on the stairs bore into his mind and heart.

What have I done? Roy thought as he left his home.
___________

A few minutes later, Roy was back at Johnny's. Johnny put a comforting arm around Roy as he began to sob.

The next day after Roll call, Roy approached Cap.

"Cap, can we take the squad out of service for an hour? There's something I have to do." Roy told Hank. "Something very personal."

"Sure, Pal." Hank replied.

"Roy? You're not gonna go after Dick are you?" A frightened Johnny asked.

"No, Junior. I'm going after something far more important. The love of my Joanne." Roy smiled, as he got into the driver's side of the squad. "Stay here and help the guys, huh?"

With that, Roy drove away in the squad toward his house, a gamplan in his mind. Upon arrival, Roy got on the CB.

"LA, Squad 51 out of service for one hour." Roy reported.

Squad 51. Sam came back.

Roy then put on his turnout jacket and helmet and grabbing the drugbox, made his way to his door. Joanne opened the door.

"I didn't call the fire department." Jo smiled.

"No, but I got a report of a lonely lady." Roy grinned. "I think I have just the thing in the drugbox to cure that."

Jo was delighted as Roy opened the drugbox and took out a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolates.

_____________

Jo led Roy inside the house and shut the door.

"We don't have much time. I have to be back at the station in an hour." Roy informed Jo.

At those words, Joanne dropped the flowers to the floor.

"Honey!" Roy pleaded.

"Roy, I can't be penciled between calls." Jo said. "It seems that you only have room in your life for work. I think you'd better leave."

A hurt Roy hung his head as Joanne opened the front door. He walked out without a word.

"Roy, I love you, but I just can't trust you to be here anymore for me and the kids." Jo said. "I'm tired of the promises and the let downs. I can't hope anymore for you to come home. I just wish you'd put as much energy into us as you do your job."

Roy just walked toward the squad as Jo went back inside the house. Getting in the squad, Roy started the motor and drove away, truly alone for the first time in his life.
___________

TWO HOURS LATER.......


Cap's face was drawn with worry and concern for his missing fireman.

"I shouldn't have let him take the squad." Cap muttered.

"I have the feeling that things didn't go well for Roy with Jo." Johnny said. "Jo got upset about the calendar."

"About Roy's posing nude?" Cap inquired.

"Yeah, Dick Friend told her about it and now she thinks Roy's a pervert." Johnny sighed. "I hope Roy isn't thinking about doing something rash."

"How am I gonna explain this to the Chief?" Hank moaned. "Johnny, you may as well go home."

_________

Roy meanwhile, kept on driving til he reached Mexico. Arriving there, Roy ditched the squad and his uniform. He the hailed a taxi and sat off for the nearest bar. In his heart, Roy feared that
he'd lost Joanne forever.

________

Back at the station, Cap was facing a lecture from Chief Houst. "How could you let him do this?!" The Chief demanded of Hank, who stood at attention.

"Sir, I didn't know this was gonna happen!" Hank stammered.

"Hank, that's an eight thousand dollar squad that DeSoto took off with! If that squad is damaged or lost, I'll have your butt in my sling!" The Chief yelled. "As of now, this station is on report!"

"Yes, Sir." Cap responded, meekly.

_______

Johnny meanwhile, was at Roy's house, comforting Joanne.


"I only I hadn't hurt Roy like that!" Jo sobbed. "I was just so tired of it!"

"Of what?" Johnny asked.

"Of everything!" Joanne cried. "You have no idea what it's like being a fireman's wife! While you all are working, I'm stuck here with two little ones! Johnny, you have no idea what those kids go though! Everytime they see Roy put on his uniform, they scream bloody murder! They're so afraid that when daddy goes to work, he may not come home."

"That is rough." Johnny agreed, sympathetically. "Jo, Roy said you were upset about the calendar. Why? It is him posing nude that bothers you?"

"John, is isn't the nudity." Jo sniffed. "It's that it's another thing that's gonna take Roy away from us."

"I see." Johnny nodded. "Roy does work alot of overtime."

"Yes, he does." Joanne replied. "It's impossible for me to plan any family events because of that. Everything we do, we do without Roy. Roy does his best, but the job always calls."

"And you feel you can't rely on him." John realized.

"Johnny, I can't." Jo replied. "I'm tired of promising Chris and Jennifer that daddy will be there and then Roy doesn't show. They may as well not have a father at all!"

Johnny flinched at those words, but he understood where Joanne was coming from.

"Jo, I'll bet you miss Roy at night." Johnny said.

"You'll never know how much." Jo sniffed. "I just get tired of only having a telephone to hold at night. I'm a woman who has needs and urges."

"Sure you do." Johnny agreed.

"I'd like another adult that I can talk to. How much conversation can you have with a three and five year old?" Jo continued. "You can't make love to an empty space. You can't go on walks with a picture."

"That's true." Johnny agreed. "It should be Roy you're tellin this to though, not me."

"I wish I could," Jo shook her head. "The truth is, I lost my husband a long time ago. The marriage is not a marriage, not in the everyday sense. It's just a formality."

"What did you lose Roy to?" Johnny softly asked.

"A mistress called the fire service." Jo replied. "It took my Roy away from me."

Before Johnny could react, Joanne leaned over and kissed him, slowly, passionately. Johnny was lost in the sensation as the kiss grew harder. As Jo gently guided him to her room, Roy slipped completely from their minds. A few seconds later, Johnny realized what he was doing and pushed Joanne away.

"Jo, your husband is my best friend! I can't do this!" Johnny hissed.

"Tough!" Jo hissed. "You're here, Roy's not, so love me!"

Johnny's mouth was again claimed by Jo's and his shirt ripped off. Johnny was then shoved roughly onto the bed, his erection raging and his resistance gone. Joanne growled as she then tore
Johnny's jeans away, followed by his boxers.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Jo smiled, stroking and squeezing Johnny's hardness. "What a gorgeous body you have, John Gage."

"All the better to love you with." John whispered, his desire obvious. "Oh God, Jo!"

Johnny moaned as he fell into Joanne's arm's and kissed her with a passion he'd never before felt.

"Johnny, now you will feel what love should feel like!" Jo hissed in his ear. "You see, Doll, You're more man than Roy ever was. Roy never could love me like this!"

Jo kissed John one more time, then grabbed a whip from the nightstand by the bed.

"YEE HAW!!" Joanne yelled, straddling Johnny and snapping the whip against his erection. "RIDE 'EM, COWGIRL!!"

Johnny bucked wildly, feeling a mix of pain and pleasure. Joanne then bound Johnny with rope to the bed. She then went back to whipping him.

"Johnny, you are now my prisoner!" Joanne told him. "You will only do as I say, got it?!"

"Yes!" Johnny gasped, writhing as his hardness twitched. "Am I to take Roy's place?"

"What do you think?" Joanne smiled, evilly, grabbing John's cock and jerking it. "Not yet, Love. You can cum when I say so!"

Johnny was to the point where he couldn't see. All he could do was feel as Joanne tortured him. He was her willing sexual slave.

"Jo, what about the station?" Johnny asked, softly.

"John, Love, you can't function without a squad!" Joanne giggled. "They can live without you for awhile!"

"Yes, Ma'am, Yes, ma'am." Johnny nodded as Joanne caressed his body with her free hand and she whipped him with the other. "Please, kiss me again!"

Joanne did so as he whipped and caressed him, never taking her lips off his.

"Joanne, I love you." Johnny gasped as Jo kissed her way down his body.

"What's that?" Jo smiled.

"I said, I love you!" Johnny gasped.

"I love you too." Jo whispered as Johnny writhed and screamed under her touch.

"Johnny, you are so beautiful." Jo smiled. "You're what Roy used to be before he started eating for two."

"You mean, Roy wasn't always overweight?" Johnny gasped.

"No, Honey, Roy used to be a sexy man. So tall and muscular." Jo smiled at the memory. "After he became a fireman, he just started gaining weight. I don't know if it was the stress of the job or life in the station, but he really changed after joining the department."

"It could be what we see on the job." John replied. "Jo, sometimes our job can be hell on Earth."

"I know, Honey." Jo smiled. "You can't really know what your job is like unless you do it."

With that, Jo took Johnny into her mouth and sucked with all she had as Johnny bucked up and down.

"My, you taste good." Jo whispered, kissing and licking the head of Johnny's erection as Johnny gripped the sheets. "My Johnny, My love."

Johnny screamed as Jo's mouth worked him.

"God, Joanne!" Johnny screamed. "This is wonderful! This feels so good!"

Joanne's eyes twinkled as she sucked her Johnny all the harder and squeezed his balls as he screamed.

___

Thousands of miles away in Mexico, Roy sat drinking margaritas as people around him danced and drank. As Roy drank, he was glad to be free of LA and his responsibilities there. He'd arranged for the squad and it's equipment to be shipped back to LA along with his letter of resignation to Chief Houst and a note to Johnny and the rest at 51's. Roy felt he had nothing back in Los Angeles as he drank away his sorrows.

______

Back in LA, Johnny gasped as he entered Joanne, feeling her muscles surrounding him. As he buried himself deep inside her, Jo screamed with delight.

"Johnny! Oh yes, Johnny!" Joanne screamed as Johnny thrusted himself deeper and deeper til he hit her back walls.

"JOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Johnny screamed as he exploded, shooting his cum inside her, then collapsing in exhaustion.

"Johnny," Jo breathed, kissing him all over his face. "That was wonderful!"

"Jo, are you sure about this?" Johnny asked. "What will Roy say when he finds out?"

"John, I don't care about Roy anymore. I've given him all I can give. I've waited as long as I'm gonna wait!" Jo replied. "I need a man that can act like a man."

"What do you mean?" John asked, sitting up on his elbow.

"Honey, I need a man who'll put me first, but not be afraid to do things on his own." Jo explained. "I felt like I was more Roy's mama than his wife. He was so dependent on me for everything. He acted like he had to have my okay to do anything. He's not as secure as you are. Johnny, will you marry me?"
__________

At station fifty-one, Cap was again facing the Chief.

"Stanley, I got a call from DeSoto earlier today." Houst informed Cap. "He says he's sorry for all the trouble he caused. The squad's on it's way here now."

"What about DeSoto?" Hank asked.

"He's resigning from the department." The Chief replied. "While it's always sad to lose a good man like him, we also have to do what's best for the department as a whole."

"I understand, Sir." Hank replied, sadly. "Did Roy say why he left?"

"He told me that it was because of the calendar and something Joanne said a couple months ago." Houst replied. "According to DeSoto, his wife told him then that she was in love with Gage."

"That poor guy." Cap shook his head. "Are she and Gage having an affair?"

"They weren't at the time, but DeSoto suspected that Joanne was gonna make her move on Gage anytime." The Chief replied. "Gage may not be able to resist her."

"What do we do, Chief?" A worried Hank asked.

"Hank, this is something that John Gage is gonna have to deal with and live with his own conscience." Houst replied. "What he does off duty is not our concern, understood?"

"Yes, Sir." Cap replied.

"Carry on, Captain." The Chief ordered as Cap snapped to attention and saluted.

The Chief returned the salute, then left the station.

______________

A few days later, Johnny got the note from Roy after he'd returned to work. He read it as he sat in the station's lockeroom.

Hey, Junior,

As I'm sure you've heard by now, I've resigned from the department. Johnny, I had to leave. I had no other choice. I hope you understand. You see, I've always considered myself a family man. Only recently, did I learn I was fooling myself. When Jo told me she was hot for you. I knew that my marriage was over. How can I compete with Gage charm?

So, Junior, feel free to marry Joanne and raise my kids. All I ask is that you give her the love that I never could, the kids either. That's a wonderful woman Joanne, she was more than I ever deserved.

Johnny, the squad is yours now, take care of her or Charlie will have your ass.

Your pally,
Roy

"Are you gonna marry, Pal?" Cap softly asked, causing Johnny to jump. "Sorry."

"Cap, Roy left cause of me!" Johnny sobbed. "It's all my fault!"

"Hey, John, Roy left cause he knew he was losing Jo." Cap soothed. "That's a hard thing to face, that your wife's in love with someone else. Jo couldn't ignore how she felt about you and Roy couldn't handle it."

"Me and my Gage charm!" Johnny sobbed as Cap held him.
________

At the DeSoto's, Roy stood before Joanne.

"Roy, I never meant to hurt you!" Joanne sobbed.

"Honey, you were just being honest." An unshaven Roy soothed. "It was me who was lying to myself. How can I compete with Johnny? He's young, handsome, dashing. Everything I used to be. Furthermore, he was there the way I never was. He can love from his heart the way I never could. I can understand why you want him."

"What are you gonna do now?" Jo sniffed.

"Honey, I'll be okay somehow." Roy assured her. "Maybe I can a join fire department in Mexico. Jo, you were right when you said I was married to my job more than you. I'll have to live with the regret that I wasn't there for you. I lost you cause I loved being a fireman too much. You've got your divorce. I won't fight it."

"Roy, for what's it's worth, I still love you. A part of me always will." Joanne whispered. "It just wasn't meant to be for us though."

"As they say, there's someone for everyone." Roy replied. "We sure gave it a good try though. Honey, will you let me love you one final time, for old times sake?"

"Pally, you don't have to leave this way." Johnny whispered as he entered the house, having gotten someone to fill in at the station. "Why can't we share Joanne? We both love her."

"Roy, I do love you, but I love John too, so why can't I love you both?" Jo added.

"You mean that?" A hopeful Roy asked, his blue eyes lighting up.

"Every word." Joanne smiled. "Johnny, you never answered my question. Will you marry us?"

"Jo, nothing would make me happier." Johnny smiled. "Roy, I have loved you both for a long time. I've dreamed many nights of what it would be like to make love to you."

"Really?" Roy asked.

"Oh yeah," John purred. "Jo, would you mind if I had some time with Roy alone?"

"Not at all, but I wanna watch." Jo giggled.

Johnny smiled as he banished Roy's clothes to the floor, then led him upstairs to the bathroom.

"Roy, I hate beards." Johnny told him as he squirted some shaving cream into his hand and slowly massaged it into Roy's beard.

Roy moaned as Johnny slowly caressed his chest with his other hand. Roy squirmed as his manhood became hard. Johnny took the razor and began the shaving of Roy's face, kissing him
deeply as he did. Roy moaned into Johnny's mouth as John's tongue took his.

From the door, Joanne moaned, feeling herself growing wet. Although she tried to keep quiet, Roy and Johnny heard anyway. Roy summoned her to him. Going over, Jo got behind him and took him in her arms.

"Roy, we love you." Jo hissed in his left ear as she rocked her husband. "Baby, never leave again."

"Never!" Roy moaned. "Never!"

As Johnny shaved Roy, Joanne took his erection in her hand and began to stroke it.

"JOOOOOOOO!!!!" Roy moaned, arching back against her.

"Relax, Pally." Johnny whispered. "You got a night full of love coming."

As Johnny finished shaving Roy, Joanne slid onto Roy's manhoood, taking him as deeply and slowly as she could. Johnny smiled as he slid his own erection into Roy's backside. Roy gasped at the new feeling Johnny was giving him while Joanne planted soft kisses on Roy's face and whispered words of love in his ear.

"AWWWWW!!!" Roy groaned as both loved him with all they had.

"MAANNNNN!!" Johnny screamed as he exploded, deep inside Roy.

"ROOOOOOYYYY!!!" Joanne screamed as his juices filled her.

Roy shivered as Johnny then came around and along with Jo, worshipped a nipple.

"Let's take our Roy to the bedroom." Jo purred.

_____

The next morning, Roy returned to work at 51's, along with Johnny.

"I'm glad you're staying, Roy." Johnny smiled. "It just wouldnt've been the same without you here."

"Thanks, Junior, I needed that." Roy smiled, clapping his friend and lover on the shoulder.

"Did you call Dick Friend?" Johnny inquired.

"Yeah, just before you arrived." Roy grinned. "He agreed to do things my way."

"When do we see the finished product?" John wondered.

"Not for awhile, but I can give you and the guys a preview. Chet! Marco! Mike! Cap!" Roy called. "Come here a minute!"

All four men came rushing in as Roy got the calendar from his locker.

"Now this is just a preview, tell me what you think." Roy requested.

All looked at Roy's advanced copy of the calendar. On the cover, Roy posed in dress uniform by the engine.

"Very well done." Cap approved.

"I think it states the image we want the department to have." Mike Stoker agreed. "Caring, yet professional."

"Very tasteful." Chet agreed.

"Elegant." Added Marco as Johnny wondered out back and sat on the stoop. Cap joined him a second later.

"You're upset about the cover." Hank guessed.

"Cap, that should've been me!" Johnny hissed.

"Roy was the better choice." Hank soothed. "Johnny, the sponsor went with you at first cause he wanted the sexy image. I talked him out of that. Johnny, you were using this to feed your overinflated ego and live out your sexual fantasies. Johnny, this shoot was for the department, not for you to show off and hit on those models. Johnny, you were being a total jerk to those girls and to Chet."

"I guess I was." Johnny realized. "Cap, I just got so caught up in the idea of stardom that I lost track of what this was all about."

"Johnny, stardom just causes problems. Mine did." Roy added, coming to join John and Cap.

"Well, things are back to normal again, let's get back inside and back to work." Cap instructed.

"Right, Cap." Both medics replied.



THE END