COPYRIGHT Aug. 2000, BY: K-rock

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: Da Sick Boys and Da Mean, Bad, Evil Nurse Dixie

Author: K-rock

Rated: NC-17 (no sex just relationship)

Pairing: Roy/Johnny

Archive: We'll see

Content Warning: No sex, but a male/male relationship, with some kissing or holding hands. Lots of medical stuff though---explicit medical stuff! Or as explicit as I'll ever get! Some foul language.

Author's Notes, Reserve and Restriction:

SUMMARY: This is about Roy and Johnny being at home, sick in bed, and too sick to go to the doctor, so Dixie comes to visit them! Roy and Johnny are too sick to protest and complain---much! So figure on reading medical stuff that might happen if you were very ill with the stomach flu or an intestinal virus. If you don't like it, don't read it. It's just for fun! This is what happens when you read medical stories while thinking about Roy and Johnny.


Da Sick Boys and Da Mean, Bad, Evil Nurse Dixie

By K-Rock

One day after Roy and Johnny have a whole day to themselves just being together, around 2 am the next morning both of them wake up sicker than a dog. After both of them bow to the king of the bowl several times over the next few hours, Roy decides he is gonna have to try to call Rampart. It is obvious they are gonna need some medical attention. He is so weak and so tired he can barely move, but around 6 am he reaches over for the phone, groaning loudly as he does. Johnny, who is sprawled next to him in the bed, wearing only sweat pants, groans when he feels Roy move the bed.

"Rooooyyyy" Johnny groans, "What are you doing? Don't move the bed?"

"Johnny" Roy croaks out, his voice sounding gravelly, "I'm sorry, but I gotta call Dixie and see if she can bring us some medicine over."

Johnny groans louder, "Ohhh Roy. She will end up giving us a shot in the butt!"

"Johnny, at this point I don't give a shit. I am too damn sick to worry about a freakin' shot in the ass, and if it takes a damn shot to feel better, then that's fine with me!"

He picks up the handset and dials the hospital.

"Good morning! Rampart Emergency! How may I help you?" A much-too-cheerful Dixie answers the phone.

"Dix?" Roy groans out, "This is Roy."

"Roy!!!!??? You sound awful! What is wrong?"

Roy covers his eyes with his arm as he talks, "I don't know Dix, but both of us are sick. We have both been sick since about 2 am, and we feel awful!" He stops to cough, and it is an awful, deep chest cough.

"Roy! You sound terrible! You guys need to get in here!"

"Dix" Roy croaks out again, "We can barely make it to the bathroom, much less make it all the way to Rampart. Is there anyway you can talk to Dr. Brackett and see if he can send something out to us?"

Dixie thinks for a minute, "Roy, I get off at 7 am. I will talk to Kel and I will come tend to you two myself. I will be your nurse until you feel better."

Roy kinda laughs, thinking how much Johnny is gonna love this! "OK, Dix! We'll see you in a little bit."

"OK, Roy. Is your front door unlocked?"

"No, but the key is taped underneath the inside flap on the screen door."

"OK, I will talk to Kel, and be out there by 8 am."

Roy coughs again, "OK, Dixie. Thank you."

Dix hangs up, and looks down the hall to see Kel walking towards her.

"Kel! Can you come here just a second?"

Kel walks over to her, "Sure. What's up?"

Dixie gets a medical bag from the supply cabinet, "Roy just called and he and Johnny both are very ill this morning. They have both been throwing up all night, and he has a horrible cough. There is no way they can make it up here so I am gonna go out there and tend to them. What do you want me to do?" Dixie asks the head doctor, because even though she knows, she still has to get it ordered by the doctor.

Dr. Brackett lays down the papers he is carrying and picks up a pad of paper, "OK, lets do this. They either have intestinal flu or a virus, or the creeping crud. Take 2 rectal thermometers, and take both of their temps rectally every 2 hours for about the first 8 hours, and then every 4 hours after that. I know they are gonna hate it, but they don't have a choice. Also, get their vitals about every 2 hours, and let me know if Johnny sounds like he is close to pnemonia. Also, get a blood sample and a urine sample from both of them, and take the necessary equipment to catherize either one of them, if necessary, to get a sample that way. Administer a suppository, if necessary, to calm down their stomach, and give both of them 2 penicillion shots initially, and then one 4 hours and 8 hours later. I will come out there when I get off, hopefully around 4 pm."

Dixie nods as she listens and gathers up the equipment she will need. "OK, and I will call you if it looks like either one of them need to come in before you get there."

Dr. Brackett nods, hands Dixie the instructions, picks up his papers, and gets on the elevator to go to a meeting.

Dixie leaves the hospital just before 7 am with her supplies, and drives out to Roy and Johnny's ranch.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

After Roy hangs up the phone from talking to Dixie, he slowly makes his way to the bathroom. Johnny, who was almost asleep with his arm over his eyes, moves his arm to see Roy.

"Babe? Are you OK?"

Roy moans out a answer, punctuated by coughs, "Yeah, I guess. I am gonna take a shower, and see if I feel any better. Dixie is on her way over here, and should be here about 7 am."

Johnny just groans at that piece of news, "Oh great! She'll be poking and proding." He starts to turn over, and then jumps up, and hurries to the bathroom, his hand over his mouth as he rushes in there. Roy walks over to his dresser and gets out some a clean t-shirt and underwear, and then gets some clean clothes for Johnny. He walks in the bathroom a few minutes later, and Johnny is washing his face, using the sink to prop himself up.

Roy hands him his clothes, "Are you OK, now?"

Johnny shakes his head, "No, not really. My stomach is really queasy, my head is pounding, and it's coming from both ends." He starts coughing again and almost throws up again. Roy holds on to him, and hands him a wet cloth, and then Roy gets in the shower. He sits down on the bench seat in the shower stall, and lets the hot water spray over his aching body, moaning as he feels how good it feels.

After quickly washing, Roy gets out of the shower, dries off, and gets dressed. Johnny is sprawled out on the bed, clad only in a t-shirt and boxers, and moaning and holding his stomach. Roy lies down beside him, touching his leg to Johnny's as he does.

"Babe, I'm sorry you feel so bad. I know we need to be drinking water and juice, but I don't have the energy to go in there to get it. Thank goodness Dixie will be here in a minute. You know, Hon, it's times like this I miss Joanne. We may not have gotten along very well, and she may have bitched a lot, but when I was sick, she sure babied me. I really miss that. That's about all I miss, because she sure wouldn't give me head!"

Johnny moves his arm a little bit, and kinda grins a sick imitation of his crooked grin, "Roy? I really miss Joanne, too. I could use somebody to wait on us." He starts coughing again, and the moment passes, but Roy kinda laughs anyway. "And if I could give you head right now, I would!"

They quiet down and are almost asleep when Roy hears Dixie drive up the gravel-covered driveway, and then a few minutes later, open the front door.

Dixie finds the key and opens the door, calling out to Roy as she opens it. "Roy? Johnny? It's Dixie!"

Roy weakly answers Dixie, "We're in bed, Dix!"

Dix puts her bag down, and shakes her head when she sees the condition of the livingroom, "Well, it's obvious they are sick, or were in a hurry last night."

As she walks through the livingroom towards the bedroom, carrying the medical bag, she laughs as she sees a trail of clothes thrown everywhere between the livingroom and the bedroom. When she walks in the bedroom door, she just stops and shakes her head at the pitiful sight before her eyes.

"Well, don't you two look pretty miserable." Johnny opens one eye to look at her, and just groans. "Well, same to you Mr. Gage. What is the latest on your conditions?" She walks over to the dresser and puts her bag down, opening it as she listens to Roy.

Roy answers, his voice gravelly and weak, "Well, I did manage to take a shower, but my stomach is really queasy but I haven't thrown up much. But, my head hurts, my throat hurts, my whole body hurts. And I am coughing. Johnny has thrown up a lot, and he feels horrible, too."

Dixie takes out a thermometer and looks at Roy, with a smile on her face. "OK, Roy, you're first. I need to take your temperature rectally, Dr's orders. Why don't you roll on your side, and just relax." Dixie gets the KY jelly and rubs some on the thermometer, and then moves over to the bed.

Roy groans as he turns over, more so because he hates having his temp taken this way. He lays on his side, and feels Dixie come over and sit down on the bed behind him. She lowers his boxers, "OK, Roy, turn over a little more towards Johnny, and I need you to relax."

Roy turns over on his stomach a little more, "I hope you know I hate THIS!" He says this as Dix parts his cheeks, rubs some KY jelly in, and then slowly inserts the thermometer.

Dixie pats his leg, "I don't know why you hate it so bad. It's smaller than you are used to!"

Johnny opens one eye to glare at her, "I would hope so!"

Dixie just smiles sweetly at him, "Don't go to sleep, Mister. You're next!"

Johnny groans and Dix and Roy laugh. Roy goes on to explain, "I hate having my temp taken like this because it's how my mother always did it! Joanne takes the kids the same way, but I didn't. I took it orally or took an auxillary reading."

Dix takes the thermometer out after a couple of minutes, and looks at it, frowning as she reads the temp. Roy rolls over in time to see her look.

"How high is it Dixie?"

"103." She walks over to her bag and gets a specimen cup and hands it to Roy, "I need a sample, if you can."

Roy grins, "OK, OK. But what if I can't?"

Dixie just raises her eyebrow, and helps Roy get up, and he walks slowly into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. Dixie cleans the thermometer, and then gets the other one, shakes it down, and coats it with KY jelly. She smiles and walks over to Johnny's side of the bed.

"Johnny? I know you are awake. Turn over on your stomach so we can get this over with."

Johnny groans as he moves his arm to look at Dixie. "Dix, my stomach is very sore and queasy. If I move, it makes it worse. Can't you just stick the thermometer under my arm?"

Dixie shakes her head, "No, I can not. If you can't turn over for me, I can always pull off your underwear, and raise up your legs, and stick it in that way. I know your stomach is queasy, and I am gonna give you something for it, but I need you to roll over, please."

Roy comes out of the bathroom and puts the specimen cup by Dixie's bag, and crawls into bed, close to Johnny. "Come on Babe. I know you hate this, too, and I know your stomach is puny, but roll over so she can take it."

Johnny rolls his eyes, and slowly turns over, moaning as he does. "Ohhhh, my stomach!"

Dixie pats him on the leg, "Just lay there a minute so it will calm down. Take a couple of deep breaths." He does, and she lowers his boxers, spreads his cheeks, and puts some KY jelly in him. Johnny groans and kinda whines a little bit, but his head is buried in his arms, so Dix isn't sure if he was actually fussing about it. "OK, just relax, and it will be over soon." She slowly inserts the thermometer to Johnny's groans, "Take it easy. You guys need to quit acting like babies about getting your temperature taken this way. I'll give you a little hint. I had a lover one time, and we enjoyed playing doctor very much!" Roy shakes his head, and even Johnny kinda laughs, and Dixie just wiggles her eyebrows. She removes the thermometer after a few minutes. "Hmmm, Johnny, your temp is a little higher. it's 103.6." She stands up, and walks back over to her bag. "Johnny, do you think you can get up and go give me urine sample?"

Johnny moans as he carefully rolls back over, "Do I have to?"

Dixie turns back toward him, "No, you don't have to. I have other ways I can get it." She holds out the sample bottle, and he carefully gets up, and walks over slowly to get it, and goes in the bathroom. Dixie gets the necessary supplies to take some blood from Roy, "OK, Roy, I need to get a blood sample, but first I need to get your vitals."

Dixie takes his pulse, respiration, and BP, as well as listens to his lungs, and checks his ears, and throat. "Do your ears hurt, too?"

Roy nods, "Yeah. I just hurt all over, actually."

Dixie nods, "I know you do. I am gonna take some blood from your arm now" She quickly does it, and when she is finished, she realizes Johnny hasn't returned yet. She puts the equipment down, and walks over to the bathroom door, and knocks, "Johnny? Are you OK?"

Johnny coughs, and then answers, "Not really, Dix. I don't need to go right now."

Dixie just shakes her head, "OK, some back in here, then."

He slowly comes back in the bedroom, and Dixie lets him sit down, but then stops him so she can take his vitals. "Johnny, I really need a urine sample, and if you can't give me one, I am gonna have to catheterize you so I can get it." Johnny's eyes get big when he hears this, "Now. I am gonna take a blood sample, and then I want you to go try again." Johnny starts to interrupt, but Dixie raises her hand up, "Johnny, I know you absolute detest being catheterized, but it may be necessary. And if you can't urinate, it's because you, both of you, haven't been drinking enough water and juice. While you are in the bathroom, I will go get you both some juice." She takes some blood from him, and then sends him back to the bathroom.

After Dixie puts up the samples to go to the hospital, she walks into the kitchen, pours two glasses of water, and fixes both of them a large glass of apple juice.

A few minutes later when she returns to the bedroom, Roy is almost asleep. "Wake up, Roy, and drink this." She hands him a glass of water and a glass of juice, and then knocks on the bathroom door. "How's it coming, Johnny?"

"It's not!"

"Open the door and get this glass of water and juice."

Johnny opens the door, and takes both glasses, setting the water on the counter. He slowly drinks some of the apple juice, as he leans against the door.

Dixie watches him as he drinks it, figuring it's probably not gonna stay down. "Don't drink too much, Johnny. Drink some of the water now."

Johnny shakes his head, "I don't think this is gonna stay down Dixie."

He drinks some water, and at first seems to be OK, so he starts to walk back to bed, and then all of a sudden, turns and bolts for the bathroom, losing what little bit he had in his stomach. Dixie gets a cold, wet cloth and hands it to him when he's done, as well as some water, "Take small sips."

Johnny rinses his mouth, and then takes some sips of the water. She helps him back to bed, and he looks up at her with tears in his eyes as he lays down. "You are gonna have to stick that damn tube in me, aren't you?"

Dixie shakes her head, "No, not yet. I'm afraid it would upset your stomach more, right now. But, Johnny, since you can't even keep water down, why don't you let me give you something to settle your stomach."

Johnny frowns, and glances at Roy, who is half awake and half asleep. "I guess you aren't talking about Pepto, are you?"

Dixie shrugs, "Do you think you could keep Pepto or Mylanta down?"

Johnny shakes his head, "No. Just the smell of Pepto makes me puke."

Dixie smiles and walks over to her bag, and pulls out a little pill box, taking out a foil-covered capsule-shaped object.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Johnny's big brown eyes get bigger when he sees what Dixie has in her hand. Dixie lays it down, puts on a rubber glove, and then picks up the dreaded suppository along with the KY jelly and walks over to sit beside Johnny on the bed. He reaches over for Roy's hand. Roy was almost asleep, and he started to gripe, until he sees what is in Dixie's hand. He holds Johnny's hand, rubbing his thumb over Johnny's palm to try to comfort him.

Dixie rubs Johnny's arm, "Johnny, I know you don't want this, but with your stomach as queasy and unsettled as it is, you aren't gonna be able to sleep. I won't know for sure until we get the lab results back, but it looks like you have a horrible case of intestinal flu, as well as an upper respitory infection. By giving this to you, you will be able to get some sleep, and your stomach can settle down a little bit, well, this along with the shot you are gonna get."

Johnny groans miserably, "Dixie, please! Can't you just give me a shot?"

Dixie shakes her head, "No Hon. Look Johnny, just turn over on your side, or lay on your stomach. I'm sure you'd rather turn on your side, and pull your knees up toward your chest. They longer your stall, the worse you are gonna make it, cause I could have had it inserted and over with by now. Now come on Johnny."

Johnny looks over at Roy with big, sad, puppy-dog eyes, and Roy just leans over and kisses him on the forehead, "Babe, just get it over with. What's wrong?"

Johnny whines, "I just don't like having to get that put up my ass!"

Dixie raises one eyebrow, "Johnny, I know you don't, and I don't like having to do it either, but Dr. Brackett prescribed this, and I am going to administer it. Turn over, Johnny." She just glares at him for a minute, and then he carefully turns over. Dixie winks at Roy, and then pulls Johnny's boxers off.

"HEY!!!! You don't have to take them all the way off!" Johnny complains, without turning back over. He is laying with his head on the bed, and Roy is rubbing his back.

Dix smiles, opening the foil packet as she talks, "Yes, I do. After I give this to you, I am gonna call Dr. Brackett with the report of how you two are, and see what kind of shot he wants me to give you. OK, Johnny, bend your top knee, and straighten your bottom leg. I think that will be easier on you. Now, I am gonna apply a little bit of jel, and then I am gonna insert this. Do not, I repeat DO NOT push it back out. I need you to relax and stay calm, and don't move or anything for a few minutes so it can melt."

Johnny groans out a reply, coughing a little bit, and Roy just lays beside him, trying to comfort him. When Dixie spreads his cheeks, and inserts the suppository, Johnny whines and moans a little more. Dixie just rolls her eyes, "Relax, Johnny, or it won't stay in! Relax!"

"I'm trying to, but I hate this, Dixie! It feels gross!"

"OH! It does not! Quit whining, relax, and close your eyes, and you might be asleep before you know it."

"Yeah, and you'll give me a shot in the butt while I'm asleep." Johnny grumbles, but tries to relax.

Dixie kinda laughs, "Probably!" She pats his back, and continues to sit on the bed by him for a few more minutes. She looks at Roy, "Roy? Are you feeling any better?"

Roy shrugs, "Not really. If you want to go call Dr. Brackett, I'll make sure he doesn't move."

Dix nods, and pats Johnny's leg, and then covers him with a sheet, and walks into the livingroom to use the phone.

When she calls Rampart, she asks for a medical courier to come pick up the lab samples, and then talks to Dr. Brackett and reports her findings to him.

Dr. Brackett sighs, "Try to get some fluids into Johnny, but if he can't urinate, you're right. You are gonna have to use a cath tube. Give both of them two penicillion shots, 5 cc's in each one. Use a number 2 needle. When Johnny is pretty well asleep, go ahead and cath him. I will be out there when I get off, hopefully at 4 pm, so if you need help, we'll do it then. Check their temps again in about an hour. I know I said every 2 hours, but I didn't realize they would be that high. OK?"

Dixie agrees, "OK, Kel. They both look pretty bad. I think Johnny will feel somewhat better, once he gets to sleep."

Kel gives Dixie some additional instructions, "Keep a close ear to their lungs. Either one or both, but especially Johnny, could develop a lung infection, or broncitis, or pnemonia."

"OK, will do. I will go give them these shots, and hopefully both of them will get some sleep."

They say bye and hang up. Dixie walks back into the bedroom, and both guys look like they are asleep. Dix gets the samples ready to go, so she can give them to the courier when he comes.

After she has that done, she prepares the injections, cringing herself as she does, knowing that the #2 needle is gonna hurt a little bit more. And 5 cc's is filled to the brim. She prepares the two for Johnny first, in case she needs Roy's help.

Dixie walks over to the bed, and sits down beside Johnny, removing the sheet covering his ass. She does a quick check to make sure the suppository melted, and Johnny grumbles a little bit when she does, but he doesn't wake up. But, Roy wakes up and sees that Dix is getting ready to give Johnny two shots.

Roy raises up on his elbow, and questions Dixie, "Are both of those for Johnny?"

Dixie smiles and nods, "Yep. Both of you are gonna get two shots."

Roy's eyes get big, "Two? Why?"

"Because Kel feels like it is a severe case of intestinal flu with a U.R.I."

Roy watches, and cringes, as Dix rubs the alcohol on Johnny's left hip, and slowly inject the thick, milky white antibiotic into him. Johnny moans a little bit, and his face wrinkles in pain, but he doesn't wake up. Roy looks pretty surprised at Dixie, "Wow! That's a first. Usually he'd be throwing a fit."

Dixie nods, "I know. And he may wake up screaming yet."

Dixie finishes that shot, withdraws the needle, wipes that area again with alcohol, and then moves over to the other hip, wipes a spot with alcohol, and quickly injects the needle, drawing a loud groan from Johnny.

Johnny had finally gotten to sleep after the suppository was administered, his stomach finally stopping it's rolling. Then all of a sudden, he feels something cold on his ass, and a sharp needle penetrating his tender skin. He can't wake up enough to yell, but it hurts and burns too much not to say anything, and only a moan escapes. Then he feels the same thing on his other hip, and is trying harder to wake up. He feels the sharp needle penetrate his other hip, the the burning sensation of the medicine as it courses through his body, and he just moans as he tries to yell. Tears come to his eyes, but he just can't quite wake up.

Dixie finishes with Johnny, covers him back up, noticing that he is grumbling a little bit. She walks back over to her bag, and disposes of the needles, and then picks up the two for Roy.

Roy watches Dixie as she moves back over to the dresser, and he groans when he sees the two needles. "Oh man, Dixie! Do you really have to do that?"

Dixie just gives him a look that says 'Don't start with me', and she comes over to sit down beside him, "OK, Roy. Lay down on your stomach and just relax."

He makes a face, but he does what he is told. He lays flat on his stomach, and Dixie pulls his shorts down past his cheeks. She wipes the alcohol on his left hip first, and Roy flinches.

"Will you relax! I haven't done anything yet!"

"Sorry."

Dixie upcaps the large, thick needle, and quickly injects the needle in Roy's tender bottom.

"OWWWW!"

"Easy Roy, just relax." Dixie injects the thick, milky substance into his hip, and Roy cries out as he feels the medicine burning as it travels through his body.

"OWWW! Oh Dixie! It hurts!"

"I know it does. I'm sorry."

She finishes that shot, and Roy has his face buried in the pillow. She quickly swabs his other hip, and injects the second sharp needle into his tender behind.

Roy jumps and gripes and grumbles, but towards the end, ends up burying his face in the pillow and crying a little cause it hurts so bad.

Dixie removes the needle, and pats his back, "OK, all done. I'm sorry Roy, but I think you will start to feel better now."

She gets up, pulls his boxers back up, and then disposes of the needles. After cleaning up her mess, she gets ready to take their temps again.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dixie closely monitors Roy and Johnny's temps for the next few hours. Johnny sleeps through most of it, and Roy is awake off and on, and just kinda grumbles when he knows she has to take his temp. Roy tries to sleep, but feels too bad to really get much sleep. Dixie makes sure he drinks plenty of fluids, and when Johnny wakes up, Dixie has him drink some water, very carefully and very slowly, reminding him if he doesn't produce a urine sample soon, she is going after it herself, and also, if he doesn't keep the water down, not only will be get another suppository, but he'll probably end up in the hospital with a couple of IV's, basically to ward off dehydration.

Johnny is able to keep the water down. After his long nap, his stomach feels a little better, just very sore. He tries to drink some juice, but when he feels the queasiness return, he sticks to water for awhile.

When she is not taking care of the boys, Dixie cleans up their livingroom and kitchen, and fixes a hot soupy broth for them. She talks to Dr. Brackett again about 2 pm, and he says that if Johnny hasn't produced by the time he gets there, he'll help Dixie cath him. He also orders a shot of Depo Medrol for both of them to help with the congestion in their chests.

Dixie carries the soup, which is really just broth, into the bedroom for the guys.

"OK, you two. I brought you something to eat."

Both of them groan when they see the food, and Roy covers his face, "Dix. I don't know if I can keep anything down. I haven't been sick since early this morning. Can't I just stick to juice for now?"

Dixie shakes her head, "Nope. I need you to try to eat this, Roy. It's basically just broth, but it's good for you. It'll get some nutrients into your system."

Johnny shakes his head, "Dixie, I can't eat anything. I'll throw it up!"

Dixie just glares at him, "Johnny, if you were in the hospital, you know we'd be making you eat. You could still end up there if you don't get something in your body. We are worried about dehydration."

Johnny grumbles, "Yeah, and if I eat that and throw it up, you'll just stick another suppository up my butt!"

Dixie hands Roy one bowl of the soup, and Johnny the other bowl, glaring at him as she does, "Johnny, try to eat it. Maybe it will help your dispostion. Take small sips. And, by the way, both of you are getting another shot. Kel ordered a shot of Depo Medrol for the congestion. And, if you haven't peed by the time he gets here, we are gonna catherterize you, and get it ourselves."

Both of them sip the soup very slowly. Roy wasn't too sure at first if it was gonna stay down, but it did. Johnny slowly sips his, pausing every once in awhile to make sure it is gonna stay down. He gets about half of it down, and then starts feeling really queasy again. Dixie recognizes the look, and takes the bowl from him, "Take some slow, deep breaths, Johnny. You are gonna be OK. Just try to relax."

Johnny shakes his head, "I can't. Dixie, it's gonna come back up."

He lays there for a few minutes, and then darts for the bathroom, his stomach giving up what little was in it. He is almost crying when he comes back to bed because he feels so rotten.

Dixie takes both bowls to the kitchen, gets a pitcher of water and of apple juice, and takes it back in the bedroom. Johnny is laying on his back, with his arm over his head, and moaning.

"Johnny? Try some water."

He moves his arm to take the water, and then asks Dixie, "I guess this means I get another suppository up my ass?"

Dixie shakes her head, "Not right now. I am not gonna do anything until Kel gets here except give monitor your temps, and give Roy a shot. I am not giving you anything else until Kel gets here."

She takes both of their temps again, and Johnny doesn't even grumble much. He feels so bad he doesn't care anymore. And he figures he's probably in for worse when Dr. Brackett arrives. After Dix takes Roy's temp, she gets the shot ready, and when she walks over, he just turns over. She bares his ass, and he only jumps a little when she gives him the shot.

At 4:40 pm, Kel arrives. Dixie talks to him in the kitchen.

"What's the latest Dix?"

Dixie sighs, "Well, Johnny was able to eat about half the soup, but threw it right back up. His temp is still hovering around 103. He has been able to keep the water down. He still hasn't urinated, though. I didn't give him the Depo shot. Roy is a little better. He kept the soup down, and I gave him the shot. His temp is right around 102. He stomach is queasy, but not as bad as Johnny's. Both of them are still coughing."

Kel nods, "I got the lab reports back, and Johnny has intestinal flu, aggivated by accute gastrointeritis, which basically means he isn't gonna keep much down. He also has a severe URI.

Did the suppository help?"

Dixie nods with a grin, "Yeah, but he hated it."

Kel laughs, "I know he did. I brought some more that are a little stronger. I think one of them about every 8 hours for 48 hours, along with a bicillion shot every 8 hours should do the trick and get him feeling better. The bicillion shot will get the infection in both his lungs and his stomach cleared up. As for Roy, he has the stomach flu, too, but it's not quite so bad. He doesn't have the gastrointeritis to aggrivate the problem. Lets give him a bicillion shot now, and another one in the morning, as well as a depo shot in the morning. He has an acute sinus infection. too."

Dixie nods, "What are we gonna do about Johnny not urinating?"

Kel frowns as he folds his arms and leans against the counter, "Well, both of them need more fluids, and I know Roy will do OK. I don't want to force Johnny to drink anything that won't stay down. I brought an IV set up of Glucose to start him on since we are gonna keep him pretty well knocked out. I do want to cath him so we can keep an eye on his urine output."

Dixie nods as she takes notes, "OK, so on Johnny we are gonna cath him, and leave it in for 24 hours anyway, and start him on an IV Glucose. He has intestinal flu complicated by an acute gastrointeritis infection, as well as an URI. He is gonna get a bicillion shot and a suppository every 8 hours for 48 hours. And continue to monitor his temp?"

Kel nods, "Yeah, every 2 hours rectally. And every 4 hours on Roy."

Dixie continues, "OK, and Roy has the flu, just not as serious, and not complicated by gastrointeritis, and he also has an acute sinus infection. He gets a bicillion shot now, and in the morning, as well as a depo shot in the morning. And plenty of fluids for both of them."

Kel nods, "That should get them on their feet and able to come in. I want Johnny to continue to get a bicillion shot for about 3 or 4 more days. But, I think he'll be able to come into the hospital to get it. I don't want either of them going to work for at least a week. OK, let's go cath Johnny. This is gonna be fun!"

Dixie just rolls her eyes and shakes her head as they walk into the bedroom.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"OK BOYS! Wake up!" Kel exclaims as he walks into the bedroom, causing both guys to jump and groan in misery. Johnny just moves his arm to open one eye, and then closes it again.

Kel shakes his head, and goes over to feel both their foreheads, causing Johnny to make a smart-ass remark, "I don't know why you are feeling our heads, when you're sticking the fuckin' thermometer in the other end."

Roy reaches over to pat Johnny's arm, "Easy Babe."

Kel leans against the dresser with his arms crossed as he talks to the guys, "OK, here is what is wrong. Johnny, you have intestinal flu complicated by acute gastorinteritis and an upper respitory infection. As long as the gastrointeritis is flaring up, you won't be able to keep anything down. Soooo, we are gonna catherterize you, plus give you a stronger suppository every 8 hours for the next 48 hours, and you will pretty much sleep off the worst part of it. Dixie is also gonna start an IV Glucose on you, since you will be unable to drink any liquids. Your temperature will also be monitored every 2 hours. She is also gonna give you a bicillion shot every 8 hours for the next 48 hours, and then for the next 4 days you should be able to come to the hospital to get it. I want you both off work for at least a week, anyway."

Johnny just groans and shakes his head, and Roy looks at Kel, "What about me?"

Kel smiles, "Well, you aren't as bad. You have mild flu, and an acute sinus infection, which is why your ears and your throat hurt. Your temp will be monitored every 4 hours, you will get a bicillion shot now and in the morning, and for one or two more days. You will also get another Depo shot in the morning. Drink as much as you can, Roy, so we don't have to put you on an IV."

Roy just nods and Kel looks at Johnny for a minute, and then at Dixie. "Let's start with the catheter."

Both of them get some supplies and move over to the bed to sit beside Johnny. Roy holds his hand a little tighter. Johnny looks at Kel with tear-filled eyes, "Doc, please don't."

Kel gives him a half-smile as Dixie removes Johnny's boxers that he had put back on. "Sorry, Johnny, but between the IV and the suppository and the shots, you are gonna be asleep most of the time, and unable to drink. The inflammation in your stomach is keeping you from urinating. Now, I know that usually you are out of it when this is done, so I want you to take a big breath and relax."

Johnny whines a little when Dix uses an alcohol wipe to clean his penis. "Doc, it's still gonna hurt! Can't you knock me out?"

Kel shakes his head, "Nope, sorry. Now, lay your head back, hold on to Roy, and just relax. Take some deep breaths."

He does, and when Kel begins to inset the tube, Johnny grips Roy's hand tighter. "OWWWW!!!! Oh shit, it hurts!!!!! Oh shit, shit, shit! I think I'm gonna be sick! NOOOOO!!!! Please stop!!!! I'm gonna puke!!!!"

Kel stops pushing the tube in for a minute, and looks at Johnny, "Johnny, calm down and take some deep breaths. You have to remember to breathe!"

Johnny cries out, "I can't breathe! You're hurting my damn cock!"

Roy leans over to talk quietly and soothingly to Johnny, getting him to calm down. Roy holds him as he softly cries, and Kel gets the catheter inserted, and leaves it in. They manage to get a small sample.

Kel motions for Roy to turn Johnny a little more towards him, "OK, Johnny, I am gonna take your temp, insert the suppository, and then give you a shot. Dix will insert the IV when we get this all done."

Kel puts on another glove, and Dixie hands him the KY jelly. He rubs a little on Johnny's hole, and Johnny clinches his muscles, "Easy, Johnny, I am gonna have to take your temp, so just take it easy." He talks softly to him as he inserts the thermometer, and Johnny whines a little bit more, "You know, the worst of it is over. I would have thought being catheterized would have been the worst part, wouldn't you, Dixie?"

Dixie smiles, "Probably so."

Johnny turns his head slightly to look at Kel, with tear-filled eyes, "Doc, this whole thing is pretty bad. Each one by itself is misery, but all of it together is horrible." Johnny turns back and buries his head in Roy's arms.

Kel checks his temp, and shakes his head, "Well, it's still 103." He hands Dix the thermometer, and she hands him the suppository. "Johnny?"

"What?" A grumpy, muffled voice answers him.

"Johnny, this suppository is a little bigger, and a little stronger. It may burn a little bit as it melts and the medicine is absorbed into your system. It's gonna be a little uncomfortable when I insert it, but I need you to be very still, and stay relaxed, and above all, don't try to push it back out." Kel stands up, "OK, just relax Johnny."

Johnny closes his eyes tightly, wishing he could just fall asleep in the comfort of his lover's arms, feeling safe and secure, and not having to go through any of this. He knows it might be even worse if he was in the hospital, so at least he can lay in his lover's arms in the privacy of his own bedroom. He feels Kel separate his cheeks, and gasps and whines when he feels the large object being inserted---deeply---into his ass.

Kel gently separates Johnny's cheeks, and he carefully pushes the suppository into Johnny's hole, hearing him gasp and whine as he gets it fully inserted, "OK, Johnny, take a deep breath and relax. You are doing good!"

Kel waits for a few minutes to make sure that he doesn't expel the medicine. He prepares the shot while Dixie prepares the IV, plus he gets the shot ready for Roy. After about 10 minutes, Johnny looks like he is nearly asleep, "OK, Johnny, I am sorry to have to inflict a little more agony on you, and I don't know if you are awake enough to hear me or not, but I am gonna give you this bicillion shot. It's big, and it hurts, and it's gonna burn. But, it will knock out both those infections."

As he rubs the alcohol on Johnny's hip, Johnny speaks to him, his voice muffled and a little drowsy, "I hear you Doc, and I just want you to know I think you are really mean!!!"

Dixie and Kel just laugh, both of them shaking their head, and Kel quickly injects the needle into Johnny's tender, and already sore, bottom.

"OWWWWW!!!!! IT FUCKIN' HURTS WORSE THAN A PENICILLION SHOT!!! Oh shit! Oh fuck! Owww ohhhhh owwww! It hurts like hell!!!!! Oh damn!"

Johnny buries his head deeper into Roy's arms, as Kel injects all of the medicine into him, "I know it's worse than a penicillion shot, Johnny. It's bicillion. It's twice the potency of penicillion! OK, that's about it for now, except for the IV. Dix, in the morning get me another blood sample."

Dixie just nods, makes a note of it, and gets Johnny ready for his IV. Kel moves over to the dresser, gets the thermometer for Roy, who turns over as soon as he sees Kel pick it up. Roy doesn't even groan anymore because he figures what's the use.

Also, Roy knows he is gonna get the same horrible shot as Johnny, and doesn't wanna waste his energy on whining about having his temp taken.

Kel smiles after he takes Roy's temp, "Good. It's down to 101." He goes over and picks up the shot, "OK, Roy, I know you know how bad this is gonna hurt, so lets get it over with."

Roy grimaces and turns over. Dixie was finished with Johnny, and reaches over to hold Roy's hand. Kel wipes the alcohol on, "OK, Roy, I want you to take a deep breath."

He does, and Kel quickly injects the thick, chalky substance into Roy's hip. Roy cries out in pain as he feels the needle pierce his skin and the antibiotic injected deep into him, burning and stinging like crazy as it travels through his body.

"OWWW! Oh shit, Johnny was right! That does hurt like hell!!!"

After Kel gives Roy the shot, he and Dix clean up the mess, and Kel checks Roy's vitals and listens to his lungs again, "You still sound pretty congested, so drink as much as you can. I don't think you will get as sick as Johnny, but if you do, and you can't sleep, get Dix to give you a suppository, too."

Roy nods, and Kel gets his bag, and leaves. Dix makes sure Johnny is asleep, and that Roy has plenty to drink, and follows Kel out to his car.

Johnny pretty much sleeps through the next 48 hours. He cries out a few times when Dix gives him a shot and moans when she takes his temp. Roy feels much better by the next morning, but has to endure another shot of both bicillion and depo medrol.

Two days later Kel checks both of them, and their temps are around 99, and they are less congested. Johnny is able to keep a bowl of broth down, so the IV is removed, as well as the catheter.

Johnny is not happy about the fact that he has to get a shot for 4 more days, but Kel tells him if he doesn't come in every day and get one, he'll make him wait longer to go back to work.

Both guys recover completely and when Johnny goes for the last shot, he whines and complains the whole time, so Dixie calls Dr. Morton to come give him the last shot, which just adds the final insert to injury. Why? Because Dr. Morton makes him undress completely so he can give him a thorough going over. He is the one who has to give Johnny the OK to go back to work. Or at least that is what he tells Johnny. Kel had already signed off on the paperwork, but Dixie and Kel had to have the last laugh.

So, not only was Dixie a mean, bad, evil nurse, but according to Johnny, as he told all of them on the way out, "You are all very mean, and very evil, and I never want to see you again!" And the whole staff cheered.

 

The end!