Copyright: December 1999 By: Elizabeth Sparrow Song

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE UPON ANY PRE-EXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THE STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED ARE FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCE.

Title: Changes

Author: Elizabeth Sparrow Song

Rating: Slash/NC-17

Pairing: Roy and Johnny, Hank and Elise

Archive: Yes

CONTENT WARNING: This story is sexual in nature. It is a love story between two men as well as a man and a woman. If you are offended, take off! If not, enjoy!

 

CHANGES

by Elizabeth Sparrow Song

 

The artist stepped back into the shadows of the crowd gathered to see his latest work. It was a study in yellow, orange and red, his finest work to date. The small building on the dead end road had gone up like tinder, spreading into the brush and trees beyond so quickly it could not be contained. He watched, not bothering to hide his excitement, as the sirens wailed in the darkness and the fire trucks began to arrive. First two, then four, later there would be ten. Firefighters abandoned the safety of the trucks, pulling hose and dragging it into the inferno. Black smoke billowed as dry brush ignited and burst into flames, filling the air with soot that burned eyes and throats, as some struggled to fight and others watched in wide-eyed fascination.

He was the artist, and this was his masterpiece.

***

Elise prepared herself carefully for Hank this morning. He was coming home from a long shift on a brush fire and she knew he would be exhausted. She also knew he would not be prepared for any of the news she had to share with him. One piece of news she had just learned today after a call from her sister Danae. The other, she had kept locked in her heart for some time now. She knew there was a possibility that Hank would be angry with her, but she had to wait. He would just have to understand. She prayed he would anyway. They had been living together for 8 months now and this was the only time she had ever kept anything from him.

***

Hank pulled into the driveway of the home he shared with Elise and sighed with satisfaction. He was a little early, he thought, she'd be peeved. She always tried to have breakfast prepared when he returned from his shift, but today, all he wanted was to see that wild tangle of flame colored hair and her face turned up for his kiss.

"Elise! Honey, I'm home!" Hank called out as he entered their home. 'Strange' he thought, from the day he'd moved in with Elise it had been their home, even though she had lived there for many years before knowing him.

"Hank! You surprised me, you're early!" Elise emerged from the shower with a towel around her hair and his old robe cinched tight around her waist.

"Elise. God, you look good." He took her into his arms and kissed her warmly. Her response to him, as always was liquid fire. He pulled the towel from her hair and watched as it fell in red ringlets around her shoulders. Moving her hair aside he began a trail of scorching kisses at her ear and let them trail down the warm, fragrant skin of her neck. "Baby, it was so bad , all I could think about was getting home to you." As he kissed and stroked her he unsnapped his jeans and kicked off his shoes.

Elise tasted the smoky essence still lingering on his skin as he pushed the robe off her shoulders and lowered her, naked, to the floor. Her skin was pink and flushed from her shower and her arousal. She began pulling at Hank's clothing, trying to touch his warm skin beneath his clothing. He held her hands to her side and began teasing her nipples with his tongue until they were hard rosy peaks. She arched her back to encourage him to take more into his mouth, but he pressed her back into the carpet with his body weight.

"Not this time Angel, no rushing me. I've waded through mud and hell fire to get my mouth on you and you're not pushing me over this fast."

Elise smiled a secret smile knowing just how easily she could push Hank over the edge, but enjoyed the sensation of having her hands held in his bigger hands as he worshipped her body with his mouth. As he trailed kisses down her body and to the inside of her thighs she began to moan with pleasure. Hooking his hand beneath her knee he pulled her leg up and kissed her knee, nibbling and kissing the tender flesh until he reached the silky red hair at the apex of her thighs. She arched her back to bring her center to Hank's mouth and he plunged inside, making her writhe with the magic of his tongue. As she exploded in his arms, he surged up her body, plunging inside her and riding the wave of her climax until he shouted out her name with his completion. He rolled over on his back pulling her with him to rest on his chest.

"Oh Elise, I'm sorry. Did I hurt you? I didn't really intend to throw you to the ground," he smiled and touched her face with tender hands.

Elise giggled with pleasure at the look on his face. "Come on Hank, every girl wants to be pinned to the ground by the man she loves. At least once." They walked into their bedroom arm in arm and lay together on the bed. Elise propped herself up on one elbow and began toying with the thick hair on Hank's chest.

"I have some things to tell you," she began hesitantly.

"Good or bad?" Hank looked into her eyes for a hint. She seemed uneasy about talking to him. "Either way, it won't make a difference, you know that, don't you?"

"I'm not sure about good or bad, and I know you love me. I'm just not sure how you're going to take this."

"This? You said some 'things', that sounded like more than one."

"Yeah, you're right. Okay, first, my sister, Danae called this morning. She and her new husband Tom are in town."

"That's great! You wanted to see her, right?" Hank urged Elise to continue while gently stroking her back.

"Well, yes, I wanted to see her, but not like this. I don't know Tom, she only met him two months ago. I don't think she should have gotten married so quickly."

"Honey, you're her sister, not her mother," Hank chided gently.

"Well, in a way that's true, but, what she wanted is to stay with us until they find a place." Elise braced herself for Hank's reaction. He had never met her sister and Elise understood that it might be uncomfortable to have strangers living with them so soon in their young relationship.

"Oh. Well. That's really up to you Honey. I don't mind, if that's what you're asking. It will be kind of tight in this house, but we can make it work, if that's what you want."

"Oh Hank! It's not what I want, but it's what I feel like I have to do. If it's okay with you, when she calls back, I'll tell her they can stay. Not long though. If I don't give her a limit, they'll be here forever, I know my sister."

Hank watched Elise nervously running her fingers through her hair and waited for the rest of her news.

"What else Elise? What's the rest of it, and why is it bothering you?"

"God. I didn't think it would be this hard. I just wish I knew what you were going to say before I tell you." Elise stopped and chewed her lip. After taking a deep breath, she continued. "Hank. Um. I'm, um."

"What! Just say it Elise! How bad can it be? Do you want to split up?"

"No, no! Hank, I love you! I don't ever want us to be apart. It's just that, well, I'm pregnant."

"You're what?" Hank's jaw dropped as he heard her news. "When did you find out? Why didn't you tell me you suspected?"

"That's part of the thing Hank. I found out three months ago."

"Three months ago! You didn't tell me for three months, Elise! Why?" Hank stood up from the bed and began pacing the room.

"Are you angry with me?" Elise began to cry.

"No, oh Baby, I'm not mad," Hank sat on the bed and took her into his arms, "I just don't understand."

"When I was married to Joe, we tried to have kids. We thought it might hold the marriage together. Every time I got pregnant, I miscarried before the twelfth week. I just wanted to wait until I got past that before I told you, and got my own hopes up." Elise was sobbing in his arms now. "I just couldn't bear going through that again. I'm glad now that Joe and I didn't have any kids, because of the divorce, but I really want to have a baby with you Hank."

Hank lay down on their bed and pulled Elise into his arms. He comforted her with kisses and tender hands stroking her back as he held her close.

"We'll have our baby Elise. Don't worry and please don't cry. We've got lots of plans to make before the baby comes and it's going to be alright about your sister too. We'll just wait for our baby with a few extra people in the house."

Hank's gentle touches and kisses became gentle lovemaking with the woman who would be the mother of his child.

*****

The Artist had found his next canvas. This would be even larger than the last and more spectacular. This would be no silent still life. No grouping of buildings, no trees and dried brush. This time his work would contain people.

 

to be continued in
PART THREE