Copyright: August 2001 By Robin R. Neher

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: Age Makes no Difference

Author: Robin R. Neher

E-mail:NRobin1027@aol.com

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Johnny/Harriett DeSoto

Archive: Yes

Fandom: Emergency!

Summary: Roy's mom comes to town for a visit. Johnny escorts her around LA as a favor to Roy. However, when love starts to bloom between the two, how will Roy react? How will the other guys react when they find John is dating a lady 30 years his senior?

Content Warning: Harsh language. Graphic M/F sex

 

Age Makes no Difference
By Robin R. Neher

"Johnny, I want you to treat my mom right, Understand?" Roy DeSoto asked on a Monday at station 51. "Pick her up, bring her back here."

"Yes, Dad!" John sarcastically replied, straightening his blue tie. "Relax, I know to treat a lady!"

"But this one is my Mom." Roy reminded Johnny.

"I know." Johnny sighed. "How long has it been since you've seen your Mom?"

"Over a year." Roy smiled. "She's been traveling since she and my dad divorced last year."

"She must be lonely." John smiled as he combed his dark hair.

"She is." Roy replied. "Let's see."

Johnny stood straight as Roy looked him over.

"I wished you'd cut your hair like I asked." Roy scowled.

"Roy, this is your Mom, not the pope!" John laughed. "Quit worrying!"

"You'd better get going, Mom's flight will be in soon." Roy told his partner.

Before Johnny could leave in the squad, the tones went off.

Station 51, Station 86, engine 4, engine 2, Battalion 14, Structure fire. The old movie theater at Dunkirk and Ocean Ave. Timeout: 16:17.

"Station 51, 10-4, KMG-365." Captain Henry Stanley replied as the rest of the crew ran to the trucks.

A minute later, they left the station en route to the scene.

****

Two hours later, the crew returned to the station. As the squad was backing into the apparatus bay, they saw a lady with red hair and blue eyes waiting for them.

"Royal Alan." Harriet DeSoto smiled as Roy got out of the squad.

"Mom!" Roy gasped, running to hug her. "Mom, I'm sorry I didn't make it to the airport-"

"Honey, if you had a run, you had a run." The woman in her fifties smiled.

Cap cleared his throat.

"Oh, Sorry, Cap. Guys, this is my mother, Harriet DeSoto. Mom, This is Captain Stanley, Mike Stoker, our Engineer, Firefighter Marco Lopez., Firefighter Chester Kelly and last but not least, my partner on the squad, John Gage."

"Mrs. DeSoto, it is an honor to have you here." Cap smiled. "Your Son is the best Paramedic I have."

"I'm sure he is." Harriet smiled. "I've always been proud of my Royal."

"Royal?" Chet laughed. "Your name is Royal?!"

Roy blushed as Cap glared at Chet.

"Yes, my full name is Royal, if you must know, Chester Brenden." Roy told him. "I was named after Mom's favorite soda, Royal Crown."

Chet laughed even harder at that as Hank shifted uncomfortably on his feet.

"Uh, Guys, what do you say we go wash up?" Cap suggested.

"Right, Cap." Mike quietly replied, leading Johnny and the rest out of the bay.

"Where do you think you're going, tall, quiet and handsome?" Harriet asked, grabbing Johnny by his arm.

"Uh, to wash up." Johnny stammered, uncomfortably.

"Oh no, young man. I want to get to know the man whom my Son calls his best friend!" Harriet insisted, pinching Johnny's cheek.

Roy saw his partner's discomfort with the situation in his eyes as they sat down at the kitchen table. Johnny leaned over to Roy, who was now seated next to him.

"Get me out of this!" Johnny whispered.

"Junior, you owe me!" Roy whispered back. "Remember Joanne's cousin?"

"Okay, I'll go along." Johnny decided.

"So, Mom, how'd you get here to the station?" Roy asked.

"I took a taxi when you didn't come after two hours." Harriet replied.

"Mom, you should've called Jo." Roy told her. "You know she'd have come and got you."

"Nah, why trouble the dear girl?" Harriet smiled. "Besides, the station was closer."

All the while, Harriet kept looking at Johnny. Johnny squirmed in his chair under her gaze.

"Mom, I won't be able to take you on that tour of LA. I'm working overtime at 46's. I forgot about that." Roy smiled, sheepishly. "Johnny will be glad to take ya in my place, won't you, Johnny?"

Johnny gulped, then spoke.

"Roy, can I ah, see you in the dorm a minute?" John requested. "Excuse us, Mrs. DeSoto."

Johnny grabbed Roy by the arm and whisked him into the dorm.

"Roy, what the hell are you doin?!" Johnny demanded. "I do NOT wanna play tour guide to your mother! I'll work the shift at 46's for you!"

"Johnny, you owe me!" Roy hissed. "How many times have you roped me into doing things I didn't wanna do?! You and my mom will have a great time! She likes you, Partner, so enjoy it!"

"Are you trying to dump her on me?" Johnny asked.

"No, I gotta work overtime and Joanne has meetings all day tomorrow. "Please, Johnny. I don't want my Mom walking through LA alone. Be a nice guy and take her out for a day on the town. I'll even pay for it."

Johnny thought it over.

"Mom really likes you." Roy encouraged.

"Okay," Johnny gave in. "But you owe me a pizza and beer on our next days off, agreed?"

"Agreed." Roy smiled.

With that, both men rejoined Harriet in the kitchen.

"Everything okay, Boys?" She asked.

"Yes, Ma'am, I'll be glad to take you on a tour of Los Angeles." Johnny smiled, resuming his seat at the table. "Would you like to see our engine and squad?"

"I'd love to." Harriet smiled.

"Right this way, Mrs. DeSoto." Johnny smiled, leading her into the apparatus bay.

"I've got some logs to work on!" Roy called after them, then went into the office.

Upon entering, Roy saw Cap tearing into Chet over his earlier behavior. Roy turned to leave.

"What can I do for you, DeSoto?" Hank asked.

"Never mind, Cap. I see I'm interrupting." Roy said as Chet plead with his eyes for Roy not to leave.

Roy left the office, shutting the door behind him.

"What've I got to do to get through to you, Kelly?" Hank asked. "You seem to think life is one big joke! Tell me, Kelly, if you were me, how would you deal with you? I mean, I've tried everything! Latrine duty, suspension. Tell me, what am I gonna do with you?"

"You could have me transferred." Chet offered.

"That's too easy." Cap smirked. "This time, you're going before the board."

"The board?" Chet gulped.

"Yes, Chet, the department's disciplinary board." Hank said. "I'm calling Chief Houts right now. You go in the rec room and wait for me."

"Yes, Sir." A dejected Chet replied. then left the office.

 

 

END PART 2