Copyright: January 2001 By Robin R. Neher

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY
PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS
AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON
ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: Acting Captain

Author: Robin R. Neher

E-mail: NRobin1027@aol.com

Rating: SLASH

Pairing: Hank/Johnny-Johnny/Roy

Archive: Yes

Summary: After an argument with Hank, Johnny is challenged to be acting Captain of station fifty-one.

Content Warning: Harsh Language. Graphic M/M sex.

 

ACTING CAPTAIN
By Robin R Neher


Johnny Gage slammed the door on the passenger side of squad fifty-one. The crew had just arrived back after fighting a five alarm fire. Hank too slammed his door on engine fifty-one as he too emerged.

"Gage, my office, NOW!" Cap yelled.

Johnny muttered as he followed his Captain to his office.

"Shut the door!" Hank ordered.

Johnny did so. Hank then tore into the young medic.

"You've got alot of nerve, Gage!" Hank yelled. "You not only disobeyed an order, you undermined me in front of McConnikee! How dare you go over my head!!"

"You don't have a right to decide I should go to Rampart everytime I get hurt!!!" Johnny yelled back. "I'm a grown man who is perfectly capable of deciding when and if I need to see a doctor! The Chief said it was my choice to make!!!"

"Johnny, I have a right to decide what is best for my crew when they are on duty!!! I am entrusted with your safety and the safety of the people we take care of!!! If you don't like the way I do things, then transfer out!!!" Hank roared. "I run things here, not you!!!"

"Well, maybe you shouldn't!!!" Johnny hissed. "You're nothing but a paranoid asshole!!!"

"You don't think I'm capable of making decisions?" Cap Challenged.

"You're a fucking joke when it comes to command!!!" Johnny growled. "You can't even deal with McConnikee, much less us!!! A captain should be the picture of calm at inspection time, not the wimp you are!!!"

"You're nothing but a rebellious daredevil that's gonna get himself killed if you don't learn to play by the rules!" Hank hissed. "When you die, I'll be dancing on your grave!!!"

"Can I make a suggestion?" Both men heard Mike Stoker ask. "Johnny, why don't you try being a Captain for two weeks? Being a Captain is not as easy as you think it is!"

"Only if Cap agrees to work on the squad for two weeks!" Johnny insisted.

"Agreed!" Hank smirked. "Shall we make things interesting? If you buckle, you have to let me fuck you for one night! That means I get my way with that tight ass of yours."

"Fine! If you buckle, you have to give up on even trying for Chief AND you must resign as Captain!" Johnny challenged. "Do we have a bet?"

"We have a bet." Hank smiled. "If I buckle as a medic, I'll even admit in front of the guys what a bad Captain I am!"

"Agreed." Johnny grinned. "Just to make things fair, I'll let Brackett check me over at Rampart. This job switch will begin say, Monday? At start of shift?"

"Perfect." Hank smiled as he and Johnny shook hands.

_______________________________________

Outside, Roy, Marco and Chet gasped as they listened at Cap's office door.

"Uh oh, are we in trouble." Marco whispered. "We won't survive with Johnny as our boss for two weeks."

Roy and the rest quickly ran from the door as Johnny and Mike left Hank's office, so as not to be caught eavesdropping. Roy then went to see Hank. Entering the office, Roy shut the door.

"A little hard on him, weren't you, Cap?" Roy asked. "Johnny does have the right to go above you if he so chooses."

"I can understand that. I just wish he hadn't done it in front of the other men." Cap replied. "It's hard enough to be a Captain, but Johnny going to the Chief undermined my authority. How
are you guys supposed to respect and trust me now?"

"Cap, the men out there will trust you if you earn that trust." Roy assured him. "I think there's something else going on here. I've never heard you yell like that before at Johnny."

"Roy, Johnny is very special to me." Hank said. "He lights up my days."

"Uh, Cap, you know that John is taken, don't you?" Roy asked, worriedly.

"Yeah, Roy, I just think John should know how I feel." Hank replied.

"Hank, are you saying that you love John?" Roy asked.

"Yeah, Roy." Hank smiled. "That crooked smile does all kinds of things to me."

"Cap, what if Johnny does not feel the same?" Roy queried.

"How will I know unless I try?" Cap answered. "Roy, I would never interfere with what you and Gage have, but I do think the choice should be his."

"I agree." Roy nodded. "If John would rather be with you, then I'll be a man and bow out gracefully."

"I'm glad you hear that, Roy." Hank smiled. "Where's Johnny now?"

"Last I saw him, he was headed for a shower." Roy replied.

Hank rose to his feet and turned to Roy.

"Roy, I'll be in the latrine." Hank said as he left the office.

Hank made his way into the latrine and stripped. He smiled at the sound of Johnny's voice echoing off the shower walls as he sang, albeit badly. A naked Cap stepped into the shower behind Johnny.

"Cap!" Johnny grinned.

Cap spun Johnny around to face him, the kissed him. Hank was delighted when he felt Johnny return the kiss.

"Oh, Hank." Johnny purred as Hank caressed him. "Please, don't stop!"

Johnny arched against Hank as Hank kissed his ear.

"Baby, will you be mine?" Cap asked.

"Take me to the camper." Johnny requested. "I wanna be alone with you."

Hank smiled as he swept Johnny into his arms and carried him out of the latrine, As they were about to head out back, the klaxon went off.

Engine 51, Station 86, battalion 14, man trapped in elevator. 124 Kelly place. 124 Kelly place. Timeout: 15:00.

"Engine 51, 10-4-KMG-365." Mike Stoker acknowledged as Cap put Johnny down and ran toward the engine.

Johnny went back into the latrine and got dressed as the engine rolled out. He then joined Roy in the rec room.

"Roy, I'm sorry." Johnny whispered.

"For what? Johnny, we were just having fun. We weren't seriously in love." Roy grinned. "Did you think we were playing for keeps?"

"I heard you talking to Cap in the office." Johnny said.

"Johnny, I was just testing Cap." Roy laughed. "Honey, you be with who you want. I know you're not ready to be with anyone exclusively."

Johnny let out a sigh of relief.

"I would never put that kind of pressure on you." Roy added. "Honey, fly if you need to. I will not hold you back."

"Thanks, Pally." Johnny grinned. "I'm gonna go start dinner."

"What are we having?" Roy asked.

"It's a surprise." Johnny replied, going into the kitchen.

Unknown to Johnny, jealousy was growing in Roy's heart. Roy wanted his partner all to himself and Captain Hank Stanley was now a threat. Roy knew he had to get rid of Hank before he took Johnny from him.

"Johnny, could you come in here a minute?" Roy called.

"Roy, I'm busy with dinner!" Johnny yelled from the kitchen. "Can it wait?!"

"Yeah, Junior." Roy replied, grinning evilly. "I'm gonna go to Rampart to get supplies."

"Kay!" Johnny's voice came from the kitchen.

Roy snickered as he walked to the apparatus bay and got in the squad. Reaching over, Roy picked up the mic on the CB.

"LA, Squad 51, 10-8 to Rampart for supplies." Roy lied.

10-4, Squad 51. Timeout: 15:10. Sam replied.

Roy laughed as he drove to the scene where a man was trapped in the elevator. He was met by Chief McConnikee.

"DeSoto, what are you doing here and where's Gage?" The Chief asked.

"Sir, I need to talk to you." Roy stated. "It's about Captain Stanley."

"What about him?" McConnikee demanded.

"Sir, he is in love with John Gage. He told me so himself." Roy began. "I want Stanley transferred to another station."

"Why?" McConnikee demanded.

"Because, He's trying to take Johnny away from me." Roy told his boss.

"Roy, are you sure you didn't misunderstand what Hank said?" inquired the Chief.

"Oh, no, Sir!" Roy replied. "I distinctly heard him say he loved Johnny."

"Hmmm, maybe I should have a talk with Hank." The Chief mused. "It would be wrong for a Captain to have relations with one of the men under him."

"Yes, Sir, it would." Roy agreed. "The sooner Stanley is out, the better."

"Roy, I can't just transfer a Captain on your say so alone. There has to be evidence of wrong doing. Roy, I think you're letting jealousy get the best of you." McConnikee said. "He stays
where he is."

"But, Sir!" Roy protested.

"DeSoto, I've made my decision!" The Chief cut him off. "If you'll excuse me, I have a rescue to lead."

Roy glared as the Chief walked away.

Damn him! Roy thought as he started the squad's motor and drove toward station fifty-one.

____________________________

As soon as Roy arrived back at 51's, he went to confront Johnny. Roy found Johnny in the dorm.

"Gage, tell me the truth! Do you love Cap?!" Roy demanded.

"It's none of your fucking business!" Johnny growled. "You don't own me, DeSoto! You're jealous, aren't you?!"

"Yeah, you tell me you love me!" Roy demanded. "If you're screwing Cap, I want to know!"

"So what if Cap and I are loving?!" Johnny yelled. "Roy, I am not a puppet to be fought over like dogs fight over a bone! I am a human being and I love who I choose to love! Right now,
that's Henry Stanley! If you can't accept that, maybe you should ask for a transfer!"

"Maybe I will." Roy quietly replied. "Johnny, did what happened the other night mean nothing to you?"

"Roy, please." John stammered. "I'm not ready to be anyone's boyfriend."

"I thought you loved me." A hurt Roy sobbed. "I was wrong."

"Yes, Roy, you were." Johnny agreed. "Roy, can we at least be friends?"

"John, with all due respect, how can we be friends after what happened?" Roy replied. "Johnny, you have to make a choice, it's either Cap or me. You can't have us both! I think it would be best if you and I didn't work together after this shift."

"Roy," Johnny pleaded.

"I'm sorry, but that's the way it has to be." Roy insisted, not knowing that Cap was listening at the door.

"Roy, tell me you're not serious about this." Cap said.

"Captain Stanley, I love John, but I can't share him with you." Roy replied. "I think you loving Johnny is unprofessional. You are his superior officer. You're too old for Johnny."

"Roy, I love Johnny." Cap told him. "I'll get the transfer forms."

"Forget it, Stanley." Roy cut him off. "You two can have each other. I just hope you two will remember what those badges you wear on your chest stand for. That uniform you wear represents something. If you two want to love each other, go ahead, just don't ask me to be a part of it."

"All right, hold it!" Johnny exploded. "Starting Monday morning, I'm acting Captain for two weeks!"

"So?" Hank replied.

"So, you two are going to settle this in a dual!" Johnny declared. "No holds barred! You can kill each other if you wish, but this has to be settled! Roy, you are not going anywhere! There will be no rules!"

"Are you man enough to fight me, DeSoto?!" Cap challenged.

"I can kick your skinny ass, Captain!" Roy growled.

"Okay, the fire academy, Monday Morning!" Johnny said. "I want you both in full turnout gear!"

"Fine!" Hank agreed.

"Fine with me!" Roy too agreed.

__________________________________

Exactly seven on Monday morning, Roy and Hank arrived at the fire academy. Johnny came out to meet them.

"Hello, Gentlemen." Johnny purred. "I'm glad to see you in your turnout gear. We're gonna see who the better hose jockey is. I have designed a series of events. Whoever scores the highest
after the events will get a romantic evening with me!"

Both Roy and Hank smiled at this announcement.

"What's the first event?" Roy asked.

"The dummy rescue." Johnny replied. "Okay, guys, light it!"

Roy and Cap watched as the empty building used to train recruits in firefighting technique was set aflame.

"Okay, Men, somewhere inside is a victim in need of rescue. You have three minutes to go in, rescue the victim and put out the fire! You will be judged on your ability to follow procedure
and get out safely!" Johnny instructed. "Oh, and one other thing. I have rigged your air tanks not to work after the first two minutes! Air tanks on, hoses in hand!"

Both Roy and Cap donned SCBA's and pulled hose off of Engine 13 as the Engineer charged them.

"Assume starting positions!" Johnny ordered.

Both men stood ready to enter as the water came on.

"Go!" Johnny shouted.

Johnny watched as both men went running into the building, along with Chief McConnikee.

"Gage, who do you favor to win?" The Chief asked.

"It's really too early to tell, Sir." Johnny replied.

"Take a guess." The Chief prompted.

"Well, DeSoto is the odds on favorite in my book. Stanley hasn't actually touched a hose in four years." Johnny replied. "He has to be a bit rusty."

"You didn't really mess with their air tanks, did you?" McConnikee worried.

"Sir, I just said that to scare them." Johnny laughed. "I would never do it."

_____________________________________

Inside the building, Roy and Hank were feeling their way through the heat, smoke and flames to find the "victim."

"Hey, DeSoto, You couldn't find a paper bag in a fire!" Stanley taunted.

"Stanley, you couldn't save a life blindfolded!" Roy taunted back. "You've forgotten how to fight a fire!"

Hank grabbed Roy's helmet and tossed it over the nearby bannister.

"Hey!" Roy yelled as Stanley knocked his face mask off his face.

Cap snickered as he crawled away from a coughing Roy who was struggling to put his mask back on.

 Cap crawled on and quickly found the dummy and extinguished the fire. Roy was not far behind, having fixed his mask and found his helmet. Both made their way out of the building at about the same time.

"We're done, Cap." Hank told Johnny.

"So am I!" Johnny declared. "I cannot believe the downright mean behavior I just witnessed from you, Stanley! You endangered Roy's life so you could win! That's not what being a fireman is and that's not what love is!"

Hank hung his head in shame.

"How do you intend to punish Stanley, Acting Captain Gage?" McConnikee asked.

"Well, Stanley well be suspended for two shifts without pay!" Johnny replied.

"I think that's appropriate." The Chief agreed as Hank handed over his badge, then walked to his car to leave.

"As for you, DeSoto, neither one of you wins me!" Johnny yelled "I will not be caught in you and Stanley's private war! I'm a person, not a bone!"

"I agree." Chief McConnikee put in. "You both claim to love Gage, but the way you two have been acting, it makes me wonder if that love is true or whether John is just a plaything to you guys?"

With that, the Chief McConnikee left in his own car as Roy hung his head.

"Johnny," Roy began.

"Save it, DeSoto!" Johnny growled. "You and Stanley are just like all the others! You two play me for a fool! I will not be used that way! See you at the station!"

Roy watched as Johnny walked toward his Land Rover. Roy then walked toward engine 13.

"Can I hitch a ride?" Roy asked 13's Captain.

"Sure, hop on." 13''s Cap invited, indicating the engine's hose bed.

____________________________________

Back at station fifty-one fifteen minutes later, Johnny was in the office, filling out reports. He looked up as Roy knocked on the door.

"DeSoto, I am busy!" Johnny hissed.

"We need to talk!" Roy insisted.

"Well, I don't wanna talk to you unless it concerns department business." Johnny told Roy. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do!"

"Johnny!" Roy protested.

"It's Cap to you!" Johnny yelled, pointing toward the door. "Out!"

Roy turned and left, slamming the door behind him.

 

_______________________


The next morning, before getting off duty, Johnny summoned Roy to the office.

"You wanted to see me, Cap?" Roy asked.

"DeSoto, I've come to a decision." Johnny began. "Roy, I cannot have two of my closest friends fighting over me, so, this is what we're gonna do. When on duty, you and Stanley will sleep in the camper. This is so that we all won't be distracted by thoughts of each other or be tempted to do things we shouldn't do in a fire station."

"But, Cap! What if there's a call?" Roy reminded John. "Remember what happened when you slept out there with Bonnie?"

"I've thought of that." John assured Roy. "I've decided that the squad will be moved out by the camper for easy access."

"Cap, are you sure you're not doing this to avoid dealing with us?" Roy asked.

"So what if I am?" Johnny replied. "Roy, I need my own space to sort out how I feel about you two. I can't have that with you two constantly around."

"Johnny, why didn't you say so?" Roy quietly asked. "Johnny, if it'll make things easier, Hank and I can transfer to other stations for awhile."

"I'd hate for things to have to come to that." Johnny replied, sadly. "A-shift is a family."

"I know," Roy agreed. "But I don't see that we have many options. How do we know this personal problem won't cause trouble here on the job? You saw what happened at the
academy."

"Roy, I'm just starting to come to terms with the fact that I'm gay. That's stressful enough." Johnny told his friend. "My family doesn't accept it! My mom and dad have disowned me."

"Oh, Johnny, I'm so sorry." Roy whispered. "It hasn't exactly been a walk in the park for me either. I've tried to deny my homosexuality for years. I even got married and had kids, thinking that I could be normal."

"I know. I've been there myself." Johnny stated. "I've lied to myself for a long time. Hell, I even dated women. Trouble is, they don't turn me on like men do. Did Joanne ever find out?"

"No, she wouldn't have understood." Roy replied. "Joanne was very sheltered by her parents and has never dealt with homosexuality. We were having marital problems anyway, so it was an easy way to get a divorce. I gave Jo sole custody of the kids. They're too young to understand why I really left."

"Do you pay child support?" Johnny asked.

"No, Joanne didn't want any." Roy sighed. "She just thought it best that she get a job and support them herself. Not that I blame her. I wasn't exactly a dependable husband and father."

"Roy, that wasn't your fault." John soothed.

"Yes, it was. My schedule was so erratic that I never knew when I was coming home. When I left for work, I'd swear I'd get off shift on time, but some Captain always had a man that was sick
or was offering me overtime. I could never say no." Roy told Johnny. "I was just a pushover. The truth is, I was running away. I was running away from the truth about myself and Jo and I's problems."

"Roy, some people aren't good at facing pain and trouble in their lives." John said, gently. "Some folks run when confronted with ugliness. Eventually, though, it does catch up with you."

"Mine sure did." Roy sighed. "Why can't I ever face things?"

"Know what I think? I think that you can't deal with pain because you're a perfectionist. Roy DeSoto wanted a perfect life! He wanted a perfect wife, a perfect home, perfect kids! You were living in dreamland!" Johnny said. "The minute things started to fall apart, you ran like a scared rabbit!"

"I never thought of myself like that." Roy softly admitted. "It was so hard when Chris got hit by that baseball last year."

"Don't you think Jo felt just as helpless, seeing her Son in a coma?" Johnny asked. "Roy, you should've been there to support her."

"John, how could I help Joanne when I couldn't deal with it myself?" Roy replied.

"Roy, whether you know it or not, you are a very self-absorbed man. You see things only in terms of how they effect you, how they benefit you. Everything has to be done Roy's way or no way. Roy, that kind of thinking will get you nothing but loneliness and heartache." Johnny finished. "I think you need to reflect on the last couple of days, then decide if you really are capable of loving me."

With that, Johnny headed toward the lockeroom to change before going home. Roy just sat, lost in his own thoughts.

__________________

After leaving the station, Johnny drove to Rampart, hoping to talk with his good buddy, Dixie McCall. Upon arriving there, Johnny spotted the head nurse leaving, just having worked the
night shift.

"Hiya, Dix." Johnny smiled.

"Johnny, I was hoping you'd come by." Dix grinned. "I was looking for somebody to go to the beach with. You game?"

"Sure, Dix." Johnny replied. "You have your swim suit with you?"

"Sure do." Dix smiled. "I have it in my car."

Johnny watched as Dix ran to her station wagon and retrieved not only her swimsuit, but a picnic basket as well. She then walked back to Johnny's Land Rover and got in on the passenger side.

"We'll have to go by my place so I can put my trunks on." Johnny told Dix as he drove away from the hospital.

"Good. I can change there." Dix replied as Johnny drove toward the apartment complex where he lived. "How are things going with Cap and Roy?"

"Frankly, Dixie, not good. I don't know that I'm in love with either of them. After what happened at the academy yesterday, I'm not sure they love me either." Johnny told her, a hint of regret in his voice. "I shouldn't have let that night with Roy happen at all!"

"Johnny, does Roy make you feel uncomfortable?" Dix asked.

"Now he does. Cap makes me even more so." Johnny stated, flatly. "Dix, Roy is like a big brother and Hank like a Dad to me!"

"Johnny, do you want to be involved with either one of these men romantically? It's time to be honest." Dix told him.

"Dix, I love all the guys at 51's." Johnny began. "They're all my buddies. They've saved my life more times then I can count. I guess it never occurred to me that they could fall in love with me."

"Johnny, you have a major decision to make. You must decide how you feel about Roy and Hank in your heart of hearts. Are these the type of men you want to be with? Are these the type of men you'd want to settle down with?" Dix asked.

"One problem with Hank is that he is my Captain. He could wash me out of the department like that." John told Dix as they pulled in the driveway of Johnny's apartment building.

"What about Roy?" Dix asked.

"Dixie, shift before last, I saw a side of Roy I never wanna see again. Dix, he got jealous of me and Cap!" Johnny cringed.

"What did he do?" Dix asked as the exited the truck and made their way into Johnny's apartment.

"Dix, he wanted, no demanded, that I tell that I love him!" Johnny spat. "He asked if I was screwing Hank!"

"What'd you tell him?" Dix inquired as she and Johnny entered his small apartment.

Both were shocked to find an angry and jealous Roy there.

"JOHNNY!!!" Roy growled.

"How did you get in here?!" Johnny demanded.

"Oh, that doesn't concern you, My precious pet!" Roy sneered. "The only thing that should concern you is feeling me all around you! You're coming with me!"

"Like hell I am!" Johnny yelled. "You've got five seconds to leave before I call the cops! One, two,-"

Roy advanced menacingly on the young man as Johnny backed away.

"Three, four," Johnny continued, maneuvering toward his phone, which sat on a table by his recliner.

"Roy DeSoto, you stop it this instant!" Came the voice of Joanne DeSoto, Roy's ex-wife from Johnny's doorway.

"Jo." Roy gasped, the color draining from his face.

"Joanne, what are you doing here?" A suprised Johnny asked.

"John, I live in this building now." Jo smiled. "I live right next door to you now. Johnny, I'm really sorry about this. Roy, you get your fat ass out of here, NOW!!!"

"Bitch!" Roy huffed as he stormed out. As he passed Johnny, he whispered threateningly in his ear, "You will be mine, Johnny-Boy! Mark my words, you will be mine!"

Johnny just glared as Roy left.

"John, do not fall in love with Roy! He is jealous!" Joanne warned. "Stay as far away from him as you can get!"

"Jo, Is Roy abusive?" Dix asked, concern in her voice. "Should I take John to stay with me?"

___________________

"Dixie, Roy can be vicious." Jo warned.


"I think Roy should be transferred out of 51's for the time being." Johnny decided.

"I agree." Dixie replied as Johnny dialed battalion headquarters.

___________________

On Monday morning, Roy was summoned to Johnny's office.

"DeSoto, you're being transferred to station 99." Johnny told Roy. "I don't know for how long, but I need to do what's best for me now."

"I understand." Roy coolly replied. "I guess I have to accept that you don't want me."

With that, Roy left for station 99 as Hank returned from his suspension.

"Did I hear you say Roy was being transferred?" Hank asked. "Why?"

"Hank, Roy is becoming increasingly jealous. He broke into my apartment over the weekend." Johnny replied.

"Son of a bitch!" Hank hissed. "Did you call the police?!"

"No." Johnny replied. "Roy's my best friend. I couldn't do that to him. I thought it best that he be stationed elsewhere for awhile. Hank, I'd like to finish what we started the other day in the shower."

"I'd like that." Hank smiled.

"Good. How bout tomorrow night at my place? Seven O'clock?" Johnny grinned.

"Great." Hank grinned.
________________________________

That next night, Hank arrived at Johnny's promptly at seven. Johnny greeted him with a smile.

"You look fantastic." Hank smiled, as he came in and looked around. "Wow, look at all the sex toys you have!"

Hank whistled as he looked at the huge array of vibrators, chains. Whips, etc.

"I like to play and tonight, you're my toy." Johnny grinned as he opened Hank's shirt.

Hank purred as Johnny stroked his chest and shoved his shirt to the floor. Hank groaned as Johnny's hot tongue worked his way from just below his hairline, across his cheek, over the closed eyelids and down the nose. When Johnny demanded entrance into Hank's mouth, Hank obliged. As Johnny and Hank kissed, the tongues dueled. After a few minutes, John's won out. All Hank could do was lean in and accept Johnny's deep kiss.

As Johnny kissed Hank, his hands caressed the thin and muscular torso of the older man. Slowly, Johnny undid Hank's belt, watching as the jeans slid over the thin hips and over Hank's growing erection. As Johnny's mouth left Hank's, Hank moaned as Johnny's mouth found a nearby ear.

"Hank, are you glad you're here?" Johnny hissed, his hot breath against the Cap's earlobe.

"Oh, Lord, yes!" Hank hissed, slowly sinking to his knees. "Oh, Johnny, please! Take off your clothes! Let me see your heavenly body!"

Johnny slowly, teasingly, opened his own shirt as he gyrated his hips in front of Hank, who moaned and fell backwards.

"JOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHNNNNNEEEEEE!!!" Hank screamed, writhing and desperate for release. "JJJJJJJOOOHHNNNEEEEEE!!!"

Ignoring Hank's cries, Johnny slowly unfastened his jeans and slid them down and off, revealing a fire engine red thong, which made Hank almost pass out from passion overload.

"JJJJJJJJJOOOOOOHHHHHNNNNNEEEEEE!!!!!!" Hank screamed again.

Johnny smiled evilly as he approached Hank and grabbing his erection, jerked it hard as he removed Hank's underwear in one motion. John then teased Hank further by turning around and
wiggling his gorgeous ass in Hank's face. Hank craned his neck, hoping to give Johnny a love nip there, but Johnny had other ideas.

"Oh, Hankie, you like to be tourtured?" Johnny taunted.

"Yes, Sir! Yes, Sir!" Hank nodded his head vigorously. "Anything for you, Master!"

"Good answer, my boy!" Johnny smiled. "Cause I intend to drive you nuts all night long!"

Before Hank could react, Johnny yanked him to his feet by the hair and dragged his captive into his bedroom. As this was happening, Hank was kissing each one of Johnny's toes, then worked his way up Johnny's feet.

"Oh, my sweet Johnny!" Hank whispered as Johnny laid him on his bed. "I'm yours for the taking!"

Johnny smiled as he eased himself in between Hank's legs and nipped his balls, then ran his tongue over them. Hank squirmed, his mouth open in a silent scream as Johnny's tongue swirled
over his cock. Hanks eyes were now so dilated he could no longer see, so Johnny reached up and closed them.

"Just feel." Johnny whispered. "Just feel my love for you."

The next thing Hank felt was Johnny's mouth once again taking his in a deep, passionate kiss.

Hank moaned as Johnny kissed him up, then kissed him down, stopping to worship Hank's cock each time, but not letting him come due to the tight grip Johnny had on his balls.

"You taste so good!" Johnny whispered. "I love you, Hank."

"Oh, Johnny, I love you too!" Hank whispered back. "I've never been loved like this before. Not even Darlene could love me like this!"

"Honey, nobody can love you like I can." Johnny purred. "I'm the best lover you'll ever have."

"Johnny, what about Roy?" Hank worried.

"Screw him!" Johnny replied. "He couldn't fuck his way out of a paper bag!"

Hank laughed as Johnny flipped him over and inserted a finger into Hank's hole. Hank wiggled and gasped at the sensation.

"Easy, Hank." Johnny reassured the older man. "I'm trying to prepare you for some of the best sex you've ever had."

Johnny left Hank and went into his bathroom where he grabbed a bottle of lotion. Then, returning to Hank's side, Johnny then squirted some of the lotion between Hank's butt cheeks, then smeared some into his hole.

"Ready to try again?" Johnny asked.

Hank nodded. Johnny again inserted a finger into Hank's hole. This time, Hank did not resist. Johnny slowly preceded with inserting to more fingers to both dilate Hank's hole and relax the muscles.

Hank moaned as Johnny worked him with his fingers, passion ripping through him. Johnny smiled at the noises his lover was making. Withdrawing his fingers, Johnny then smeared his penis
with lotion, then positioned himself behind Hank.

________________________

Outside, unknown to Hank or Johnny, Roy was perched on the fire escape, watching the action through Johnny's living room window and taking pictures with his camera. As Roy snapped photo after photo, his own erection grew.

Roy smiled at the feeling that was coursing through his own body.

Hey, at least I can have Johnny make me come vicariously. Roy smiled to himself. Who needs Johnny when I can have these beautiful pictures.

_____________________

As soon as the roll was shot, Roy made his way back to the ground.

"Roy, why do you wanna be with Johnny the Jerk?" Came the voice of Felix Fair, a good friend of Roy's from behind. "Johnny will only break your heart."

"Felix, Johnny's with Hank up there!" Roy replied, pointing toward John's window with his finger.

"Let him sleep around if he wants. One day, he will pay." The five foot tall spike haired man replied. "Roy, you don't mean anything to Gage. Can't you see that? He will only use you just
like he used the others."

"I love him!" Roy argued.

"Roy, Johnny doesn't really want to love or commit to anybody long term. He would just string you along." Felix argued back. "Roy, for your sake, don't get involved with Johnny as lovers,
friends, etc. John is just a player and you and Hank are the pawns. Believe me, I know from personal experience. Just kick Johnny to the curb! Be rid of him once and for all."

"Maybe you're right, Old friend." Roy sighed. "I've been fooling myself thinking that Johnny could ever love me. Some can only love from the surface and John Gage is one of those. The man cannot love or give from his heart."

"John doesn't know what love is, not in the true sense of the word." Felix agreed. "Roy, Hank is John's flavor of the week. By next week John will move on to someone else and Hank will be left with a broken heart."

"It wouldn't suprise me, given Johnny's history." Roy mused. "Johnny has never dated anyone for more then a week."

"Exactly." Felix nodded. "C'mon, Baby, let's go check out some gay bars."

"You're on." Roy smiled as Felix led him away from Johnny's building.
_________________________________________

Back at Johnny's, Johnny was slowly inserting his hardness into Hank's opening and beginning, slow deep thrusts into Hank's tunnel.

"Hank, you're so hot and tight." Johnny moaned as Hank's muscles closed around Johnny. "Oh, Babe."

"Oh, god, Johnny!" Hank called as he felt Johnny thrusting deeper still, as he held him tight against his chest. "You feel so good! Harder! Faster!"

Johnny obeyed, slamming himself into the older man at alarming speed. After a few minutes of this, Hank felt Johnny's seed shoot into him.

"JJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN NNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" Hank screamed as he arched backwards against Johnny.

_____________________

After the loving, John and Hank lay in each other's arms.

"Johnny, what are you afraid of?" Hank asked. "Why do you go from person to person to person when you date?"

"Hank, I fell in love with a girl when I was eighteen years old. Shortly after, I asked her to marry, she said yes." Johnny told his lover.

"She left you at the alter." Hank guessed.

"I was never so hurt as I was that day." Johnny replied, quietly. "I just don't understand why she did that. I thought she loved me!"

Johnny dissolved in tears as Hank held him.

"Hank, I loved Katie so!" Johnny cried. "We were supposed to be married in front of the whole tribe!"

"Honey, Maybe Katie got scared." Hank soothed. "Maybe she wasn't ready to marry. Who knows why she didn't show that day? Is that why you run from love now?"

"Hank, I swore that I'd never be hurt again!" Johnny sobbed.

"So that's it." Hank realized. "Hurt them before they hurt me. John, Sweetheart, you can't assume that everybody will hurt you the way Katie did. John, I don't want this just to be a one night stand. Let tonight be the start of an affair to remember."

"Hank, I can't guarantee that I won't be with someone else a week from now." Johnny warned. "Talking of things long term scares me."

"We'll just take things one day at a time." Hank soothed. "Honey, I'm not talking marriage or moving in, just two men in love."

"No pressure? No demands?" John sniffed.

"None." Hank assured. "Johnny, my love comes from my heart, unlike Roy's. Roy just is after you for your body."

"Roy is just an asshole to me." Johnny shook his head. "He thinks that loving someone means owning them."

"Roy's gonna find out that ain't the case when some lover kicks him to the curb." Hank agreed.

"Hank, make love to me." Johnny requested.

"There's nothing I want more, Pal." Hank smiled. "Are you gonna let Roy come back to 51's?"

"Yeah, but he and I are gonna get some things straight first." Johnny replied, firmly.

_______________________

The next morning, A happy Roy arrived at station fifty-one. Johnny came out of the office and grabbing Roy by his collar, slammed him against the bay wall.

"DeSoto, Shut up and listen cause I'm only gonna say this once!" John hissed. "You will not ever have me! You will never use my name and sex in the same sentence, you will not pull that stunt that you pulled last Saturday again, got it?!"

A terrified Roy nodded. Johnny then let him go.

"Hey, Johnny, what makes you think I'd wanna be with you that way anymore?! You are nothing but a player! You just love to hurt people!" Roy hissed. "I hope one day, you get hurt like that!"

"Roy, lay off!" Hank ordered. "You're the jerk, not John!"

Before Johnny could react, Roy lunged at Hank, knocking him to the floor. Johnny panicked as both men punched and gouged each other with their fists.

"Mike, Marco, Chet! Quick,I need some help in here!" Johnny shouted, trying to pull Roy off of Hank.

The rest of the crew ran in and restrained Roy. Johnny then turned his attention to Hank.

"Medic!" Johnny called, trying to control the bleeding from the back of Hank's head.

 Roy got free from the guy's grip and shoved Johnny away. He then dove for Hank and beat him about the head and face, repeatedly as Dixie McCall arrived at the station for a visit.

"WHAT THE HELL?!-" Dix yelled, pulling Roy off Hank. "WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU, ROY?!"

"Dix, stay out of this!" Roy hissed, struggling against her grip.

"Mike, Marco, call the sheriff!" Johnny ordered.

Both men went into the office and did just that. A few minutes later, a deputy arrived.

"Officer, get this bum out of my station!" Johnny growled, pointing to Roy.

"Do you wanna press charges?" The deputy asked.

"I do!" Dix replied. "I'm sorry, Johnny, but this whole thing has gone too far!"

Johnny just wandered out back to his Land Rover where he sat down on it's hood.

What've I done? Johnny thought, beginning to weep.

"Not so easy running a station, is it, John?" Mike Stoker asked, Joining Johnny outside.

"Mike, I didn't think this would happen!" Johnny sobbed.

"Why? You created the environment for this fight!" Mike told him. "Johnny, you have been playing games with both Roy and Hank. You've generated so much hostility in them both that something had to give! I think you wanted this to happen!"

"Maybe I did! I don't know!" Johnny sobbed. "Mike, I'm giving command back to you. Who was I to think I could be a Captain?!"

"Oh no you don't!" Mike cut the young man off. "The bet was for two weeks and you will command for two weeks! I'm holding you to everyday of that bet!"

"Johnny, you made your bed, now you lay in it!" Dix added, joining the men outside. "Hank's on his way to Rampart now."

"How is he?" Mike asked.

"Mike, I really don't know." Dix replied. "It's up to the doctors now. John, you stay the hell away from Hank, got it?"

"Wait a minute, Dixie!" Johnny protested.

"You wait a minute, Johnny Roderick!" Mike growled. "I will NOT have Hank caught in the middle of your game of musical beds! You have to decide, Hank or Roy! You can't have both! You have to choose one or none!"

"He's right, Roderick!" Dixie agreed, knowing Johnny hated his middle name. "You've got to make a choice or someone may get killed next time!"

_____________

Johnny just turned and walked back inside the station. Dixie followed him.

"Dix, I blew it!" Johnny sobbed. "Now, Hank's in Rampart cause of me!"

"Johnny, let's go in your office." Dix suggested.

Johnny led Dix into the office and shut the door.

"Dix, I hate this job! I hate it!" Johnny sobbed. "I just wanna go back and be a Paramedic!"

"Being the clown isn't so easy when you have to run the circus, is it?" Dix asked, seriously. "Johnny, a Captain has alot on his shoulders. He has to run the station and keep that in order, he
has to lead the engine crew, he has to also keep up with a given shift's paperwork. Add to that keeping his crew disciplined and working together."

"Being a Captain is a headache." Johnny agreed. "I never thought of all the pressure a Captain is under before now. He can be held responsible if even the tiniest thing goes wrong."

"Exactly, Johnny." Dix nodded. "You see, you're entrusted with this crew right now, if even one is hurt and something happens as a result, it's all on you."

"I guess I was wrong to argue with Cap. He was only wanted what was best for me and the station." Johnny realized.

"That's all any Captain wants." Dix told Johnny."You have to remember that as a fireman, you have people's very lives in your hands."

"I guess I for get that sometimes." Johnny admitted. "Now, I have the future of two of my friends hanging on a choice only I can make."

"John, someone's gonna get hurt, whatever you decide." Dix told him. "Are you prepared for that?"

"Roy's jealous, Hank's hurt, all because of me." John answered. "Can I deal with Roy if I choose Hank? How will Hank feel if I choose Roy?"

"You're gonna have to deal with those issues." Dix replied as the office phone rang.

"LA County Fire Department, Captain Gage." Johnny answered. "Yes, Sir? That's too bad, Sir. Yes, Sir, I'll do my best to comfort A-shift. Thank you, Sir. Good-bye, Sir."

"Johnny?" A concerned Dix asked as he hung up the phone.

"Dix, Hank Stanley turned in his letter of resignation." A shocked John gasped. "As of now, I am the Captain of A-Shift. That was Chief McConnikee on the phone. Dix, this is no longer a game, this is for real!"

 _________

While this was going on, Chief McConnikee went to see Hank at Rampart.

"What is this I hear about one of my best Captains resigning?!" The Chief demanded of Hank as he lay in his hospital bed.

"Chief, Roy and I got into a fist fight over John Gage." Hank explained. "I'm not gonna be the one to blame for tearing two friends apart."

"I see." McConnikee mused. "Would you stay if I transferred you to another station?"

"Chief, I'd still be in the same Battalion." Hank told him. "I'd end up having to work with them at one time or another."

"Hank, I'm not about to give you up over this." Chief McConnikee insisted. "Look, why don't we get together with Gage and DeSoto and see if we can't talk this out? I can't have you leaving the department over this!"

Hank thought it over.

"Okay," Hank sighed after a few minutes. "Name your time and place."

"How bout here and now?" McConnikee suggested. "Let's get this resolved once and for all. It's time, Hank."

"You're right, Sir." Hank admitted. "Whoever Johnny chooses, I can accept.

"Are you prepared to lose Johnny to Roy?" The Chief asked.

"If that's what happens, yes." Cap assured the Chief.

_________

Back at station 51, Roy was standing before Johnny. Johnny had unplugged the office phone.

"Johnny, I never meant to hurt Cap, it's just that I can't stand the thought of you with him!" Roy cried. "I love you!"

"Roy, I believe you." Johnny soothed. "The one thing that bothers me is the jealousy and the abuse. That's not love, Roy."

"Then let me show you I can love." Roy pleaded, tears on his cheeks.

"Roy, I love you, but after what's happened over the past weeks, I don't I can risk loving you. You need help, professional help."

"You," Roy began, angrily.

"Roy, I'm sorry, but that's how it has to be." Johnny cut him off. "You are abusive and possessive. That doesn't make for a healthy relationship."

"I understand." Roy sighed. "I deserved to lose Joanne and you. Maybe my problem is that I've always turned to others for love. How can I expect someone else to love me when I don't know how to love myself?"

"We will be friends like We've always been. Roy, you can count on that." John assured him. "Let's get back to work now, huh?"

"Okay, Cap." Roy grinned as Hank and the Chief arrived.

"Johnny, we need to talk." Hank said.

"Yes we do." Johnny agreed. "Cap, I'm handing command back to you. I've learned something from all this. Being a Captain is not as easy as it looks. A captain has alot on his shoulders."

"You're right, Johnny. Command is not easy, but you learn as you gain experience. I'm not taking this station from you. You're the captain now." Hank announced. "Johnny, it's time for this old hose jockey to hang up his hose. I'm retiring from firefighting."

"Cap!" Johnny gasped.

"You're not serious!" Roy added.

"Roy, it's time." Hank insisted. "You guys need a Captain that's your own age, not an old man like me. Johnny will lead you in a way that I never could."

"Are you sure about this, Hank?" Chief McConnikee asked.

"Yes, Sir." Hank replied. "Johnny, I've had a lot of time to think. I don't think that we could work out as lovers. You and Roy are meant to be. It's him you should be with."

"Johnny, you know you love me." Roy added. "And I love you. Honey, I need you."

 

END PART 17: Acting Captain