COPYRIGHT October 1999 BY: Amber

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: A Love So Deep

Author: Amo

E-mail: squad51@myhotjobs.com

Rated: Slash

Pairing: Johnny/Mike & Hank/Wayne

Archive: Yes if you like

Content Warning: Contains strong sexual content between men.

Author's Notes, Reserve and Restriction: Wayne this is for you babe. Happy B-Day. Although it is late.

Previously:

 

A LOVE SO DEEP

By Amo

Michael Stoker stormed into the small ranch house and angrily flung his uniform jacket onto a nearby chair. He stood taking deep breaths, trying to keep the unshed tears from falling.

"Mike? Babe, are you okay?" Johnny asked following him through the front door walking to his lover, and slipping his arms around the taller man's waist. Resting his forehead on the base of Mike's neck he could still smell the stench of smoke. The smell brought back the memories of their last shift.

### almost 24 hours earlier

"Roy, John, get in there and check for victims. Chet, Marco, get a couple of inch and a half's on the front there." Captain Stanley ordered his men, then turned as Battalion Chief McConikee pulled up.

"Squad 51, HT 51. Cap, it's Johnny. We're going to need a backboard waiting at the front. We have a badly injured male, we will also need our equipment set up for us." John voice crackled over the handy talky.

"HT 51, Squad 51. John, we'll have you set up when you get out here." Cap said turning to Stoker. "Mike, I'll take over. You run over there and set the guys up. They need a backboard to meet them at the door. Okay?" He added to the tall engineer.

"Sure Cap." Mike replied before running to complete his orders. He had just arrived at the squad and grabbed the backboard when he heard it. Looking back at the Engine his heart stopped. A concrete slab, about 3'x 6', from the neighboring building, had broken loose and fell toward the engine. Mike watched, in horror, as it struck the top of the Engine and broke into pieces. A smaller 1'x 1' piece deflected off of the cab and struck Hank in the back throwing him to he ground.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Mike yelled dropping the backboard and running back to his Captain and long time friend. Skidding to a stop beside the injured man Mike checked for a pulse. Weak, but still there.*

2 hours later...

Mike rushed into the ER followed by Marco and Chet. The Station had been put out of service until a new Engine could be delivered; the other one was a complete loss. Roy and Johnny had been relieved of duty until their next shift. Knowing that John and Roy would be in the lounge, Mike led the way.

Pushing the door open he saw Dr. Kelly Brackett standing in front of a tall, dark haired man.

"Wayne, right now he is stabilized, but he is still in critical condition. Hank has suffered from a multitude of injuries. He has 3 broken ribs, one rib punctured a lung and another ripped his spleen. He has a severe concussion, and broken right humorous. We are prepping him for surgery right now. I will let you know of any new information as soon as can." Kelly said as Wayne sank into the couch next to John. Kel looked at John and nodded before he turned to leave noticing Mike standing in the doorway. Mike jumped when Kel rested his hand on his shoulder. The eyes that looked back were filled with pain and sorrow.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said before leaving.

Mike walked over and stood at Wayne's side placing his hand on his knee he knelt beside his friend.

"I am so sorry. I should be the one in there. He told me to get things set up for John and Roy." He choked out. His eyes filling with tears. Wayne's head snapped up to look into Mike's eyes. Anger flashed through his own powder blue irises.

"You! Mike. He was doing his job. How can you blame yourself? You were just following orders." Wayne argued as a tear slipped down his cheek. He could see the turmoil playing across his friend's face.

"Remember when you two introduced Cap and Wayne to each other?" Chet questioned, setting in the corner. "I do. He was so happy, the best mood he had been in for months."

"Yeah, and when he got those flowers. He was on cloud nine. Kept walking around the station humming that song...you know the one..." Marco said looking at his friend for help.

"It was 'I know how the River Feels' by Diamond Rio." Wayne whispered. He remembered that night so well. Mike and John had been together for almost a year. John had invited him to their house to watch the game. When he had gotten there he found that they had also invited Hank. He was nervous at first, not sure about Hank, but after a while everything began to move smoothly.

He had told Wayne that his wife and daughter had died in a car accident almost two years before. They had discussed past relationships and much to Wayne's delight, Hank had a few male lovers before he had gotten married. They saw each other several times during the following month. When Wayne's apartment burnt down Hank insisted that he stay with him until he could find something. Wayne never did find a place to live other than with Hank. They had become a couple. Everyday their love grew stronger and deeper. That had been almost three years ago.

"Mike. What are the words to that song? I know that you know them. You used to sing them to me all of the time." John asked resting his head on the back of the couch.

"It goes like this." Mike said standing and moving to the couch and setting beside his lover.

"They say there's a certain love, for everyone. Somewhere out there. I've been looking hard, searching every heart. Getting nowhere. Didn't know I was making my way to you. Now I know how the river feels, when it reaches the sea. It finally finds the place it was always meant to be. Holding fast, Home at last, Knowing the journey's through Lying here with you, I know how the river Feels." As Mike finished, the door opened and a nurse stepped to the coffeepot.

It seemed like an eternity before Dixie McCall entered the room. In reality it was 6 hours. She walked to the circle of friends.

"Wayne, he is going to be fine. Kel is closing him up as we speak. He had just a few lacerations on his spleen so that didn't need to be removed, and they have repaired his lung. Now, he still needs to have his broken arm set, but that isn't pressing right now. He will be on a respirator for the next 12 hours. As soon as they set his arm and get him to recovery I will let you know." She said smiling down at the young man. She had come to love all of the men of 51's, that love had extended to their partner's and spouses as well.

It was 2 hours before the men 51's heard anymore about their captain. One by one they were let in to see him for a few moments. As the next 3 hours passed the rest of the crew excused themselves saying they would be back the next day. Johnny, Mike and Wayne were left to listen to the Swoosh...Beep. Swoosh...Beep of the respirator.

"Johnny, take Mike home. He is exhausted, and he looks like he going to drop right here in the hallway." Wayne said wrapping his arms around his good friend. John returned the hug and smiled. Sometimes he thought Wayne worried about he and Mike too much.

"We'll be fine, besides I don't think that I could drag him away from here with the Engine." John said almost laughing. Wayne just looked at him.

"Let me talk to him then." Was all he said before turning and grabbing Mike's arm as he walked out of the door.

Walking down the hallway to the vending machines Wayne purchased a soda and handed it to Mike. His body showed the signs of weariness, his eyes revealed more.

"Mike, I want you to do me a favor and go home. I know that you want to be here for Hank, but to tell you the truth. I am worried about John. I know that he hasn't eaten since breakfast this morning and here it is almost midnight. I would feel a lot better if you could take him home, get him to rest and feed him. That goes for you as well. I will call you as soon as Hank wakes up." Wayne said watching Mike play with the can. He knew that if he could get Mike to think of John's health then he would voluntarily leave.

"Okay. I guess that you are right. John doesn't need to loose anymore weight. Hell, I swear his hipbones bruise the shit out of me all of the time." Mike said almost laughing. He knew that Wayne cared for them and didn't want either of them to worry too much.

"Alright. Now that we have that settled, besides you two reek of smoke. And you both need baths." Wayne joked as they walked back into the room.

"What's this about needing a bath." John asked looking up from the chair. He had dozed off to sleep for only a few moments. Mike walked to him and pulled him to his feet then placed at light kiss to his lips.

"Come on. Let's go home and get some rest and something to eat." He said steering John through the door.

### Now they were here inside their small house.

Pulling away Michael mumbled something about taking a shower and tiredly stumbled down the hallway. John watched him walk away. It hurt him to see such pain in those beautiful aqua blue eyes. He turned and grabbed the jacket that Mike had discarded earlier.

After John had picked up around the house he realized that Mike had still not emerged from the shower. Hearing the sound of the water he decided to join him. He stepped into the bathroom and stripped down.

Mike jumped when he felt John's hands start to massage the tight muscles in his back. He sighed when John began to kiss his neck and shoulders. Letting John's hands roam over the hard plains of his chest Mike leaned back into the strong arms of his lover.

"Have I told you how much I love you lately?" John whispered into his ear while running the pads of his thumbs across the over sensitive nipples on Mike's chest. He smiled when he heard the sharp intake of breath.

"You tell me every time our eyes meet. It is in the sound of your voice, the way that you walk, the way that you touch me." Mike replied huskily. John had been Mike's rock and friend when his marriage had ended. Now he was his lover and companion. Mike had fallen in love with John because of his almost childlike ways, and his strength.

Mike turned and claimed John's lips in a fiery kiss, moaning when John opened up to the attack. His fingers played over John's body soliciting whimpering sounds from deep within the younger man. Breaking the kiss Mike began to nibble along John's jaw and down across his collarbone.

John was now panting and trying to rub against Mike's leg to relieve the ache in his now hard cock. "Mike...Please..."

Smiling, Mike began teasing Johnny even more. Licking and sucking his way down and back up John's torso, finally kneeling to nip and kiss along his hips. John's hands buried into Mike's hair. Letting the younger man guide his head, Mike took all of John in his mouth and backed off before taking him again. Mike heard John's growl of pleasure and pressed a finger to his lover's tight hole.

"Oh God, Mike..." Johnny said as he rocked back against the intrusion. Mike took John deep in his throat several times while rubbing John's prostate. Feeling John tense, he sucked him deep into his throat and began to hum.

"MIKE...OH GOD...I'M CUMMING...I'M CUMMING...GRRRRRRR" John yelled clenching his teeth and ramming his pulsing cock down his lovers throat, emptying his load. Mike continued to lick and suck until John was spent.

Sinking to his knees John claimed his lover's lips, tasting himself. Pulling away John whispered to Mike.

"I need to feel you inside me."

Standing the two quickly shut off the water, toweled and padded to the bedroom. John stretched out on the bed and motioned for Mike to follow.

"I need you." Was all he said before Mike had pulled him back against his raging hard on.

It wasn't long before the two collapsed together on the bed. Mike gathered John into his arms as the fell into a light slumber.

### 2 weeks later

"Oh hey Cap, Wayne." John said answering the front door. The four had gathered at the small ranch house for dinner and a movie.

"Hey John. I can tell Stoker is fixing his famous Spaghetti." Hank said walking slowly into the house. He had been released from the hospital 4 days ago.

"We brought some Wine for dinner." Wayne said moving toward the kitchen. There was another reason for being here tonight, but that could wait until dinner time.

1 hour later

"Okay. I know you two want to ask why we wanted to come over and have dinner here tonight. So I am going to let Wayne tell you." Hank said grabbing his wineglass. Both John and Mike sat in silence.

"Well, after Hank's accident we did some talking, and. Here goes. We are going to have a Committal Ceremony and we want you two to stand with us. We feel that since you introduced us to each other, then you should be our Best Men, and we also want you to sing our song at the ceremony." Wayne said looking to Mike. The shock on both men's faces turned to happiness and joy.

"That's great Cap. I would be honored." John said enthusiastically. His smile reflected how deeply touched he was.

"I agree with John. I would be honored to be your Best Man, and sing at your ceremony." Mike said lifting his wineglass. "To a love so deep it breaks all boundaries."

"To a love so deep." They said in unison.

 

The End