41

Captain Proton Conquers the Universe

by Jared

A Word From the Mistress: Greetings gentle readers. Once again Jared proposed an interesting dilemma for the Mistress which I was not of a mind to write. Thus, he's taken on the daunting task of bringing Captain Proton to the logs. After suffering much under my ever scrutinizing eye, the results are extraordinary. Enjoy!

Note of What Has Gone Before: Over the previous year, Tom Paris had developed a holographic simulation called The Adventures of Captain Proton, based on a movie serial of the mid 20th Century. After it nearly caused a war with a race of photonic beings, Paris saw the serial to its conclusion.


Episode One: The Phantom Menace

Captain Thomas Proton strode out into the brilliant sunlight beating down on his cruiser and stared out at the massive building before him. Even though it was more than a mile away over open tarmac, the majestic tower of the Grand Headquarters of the Space Patrol loomed largely, its two hundred floors reaching to the edge of the sky itself. With barely a nod to the groundcrew already servicing his ship for its next flight, Proton dialed his rocketpack to maximum and launched into the atmosphere.

The might of the Space Patrol was arrayed below him as he climbed higher and higher, organized in precise geometric patterns of increasing firepower. Vessels of lesser order, cruisers, patrol ships and escorts of many configurations were parked in great rings, each in turn centered about an enormous super battleship. The rings were situated edge to edge, ship to ship, a vast sea of steel, glass and duraluminum. Grand Headquarters formed the nucleus of this fearsome design, the innermost hub of a seemingly endless chain of circle upon circle, extending a full twenty miles out in all directions.

The Great Tower was even more impressive than its surrounding, a vast alloy cone nearly 4,000 feet at the base, tapering to a mere 200 feet at its tip. Constructed entirely out of Metal 426, the strongest armor plate in the Patrol's arsenal, HQ could dish it out as well as take it. At many points along its inconceivable height, ray projectors of the highest magnitude were placed in heavily armored twin turrets. At its very top, a forest of communications antennas added another half a mile to its height. Proton flitted just below this electronic foliage, onto the balcony of Commodore Goodheart, Marshal of the Twelfth Fleet and Supervisor of Extrasystem Affairs.

The Commodore's office reflected the modesty expected of officers of the Space Patrol. A simple room, its only luxury was the Commodore's prized Venusian orchids. Goodheart rose immediately from his desk as the Patrolman entered.

"Proton my boy, how are you?"

"A lot better now, knowing that uranium smuggling ring is out of business," Proton replied.

"We have you thank for that Captain," the Commodore said. "The Patrol owes you a debt of gratitude."

"Not at all Sir, I was merely doing my duty."

"Son, when I say you're to stop being so modest, that's an order."

"Yes, Commodore," Proton sighed.

"Now then, I didn't call you in here just to heap another medal on you. We've got a real puzzler on our hands, and I think you're just the man to solve it." The Commodore activated his viewplate, which displayed an image of the Hall of Science. It been given a very thorough going over and now more resembled a meteor miner's tavern than the repository for Earth's knowledge.

Commodore Goodheart was gruff. "Last night, the world's smallest cyclotron was stolen from the Hall of Science. They did a real number on the place, trying to make it look like random vandalism. But the cyclotron is gone."

"That's quite a loss, Sir," Proton answered. "Do you have any leads?"

"Several," a honey dewed voice said from the other side of the office. The Patrolman turned, and looked upon a vision.

"Constance, my darling Constance," he uttered.

"Tom, how I've missed you so," she replied.

Proton took a step towards her, his great love for his loyal secretary momentarily overwhelming his sense of duty. "Every hour away from you is torture."

The Commodore cleared his throat. "I've always admired true love, even between my own daughter and my best officer, but if we could attend to the matter at hand?"

Constance Goodheart blushed. "Yes, father. We were able to identify the thieves after they left. It was Thong."

Proton was shocked. "Captain Thong and his ruthless band of cutthroat space pirates? I see your problem."

The Commodore nodded, "Exactly. What would a brute like Thong do with the cyclotron? It's too well known to sell on the black market."

Proton's eyes narrowed. "Clearly he must be in league with someone else, someone much more dangerous."

"That was the opinion of the Council. What we need is for someone to find out who is behind all this, stop their fiendish plan and recover the cyclotron." The Commodore placed his hands on the young captain's shoulders. "Can you do it, Proton?"

"Oh, indubitably, Sir."

"Excellent. Take my daughter and report to your ship. You leave immediately."

"But, Sir, this situation is much too dangerous for a woman."

"I'm well aware of the risks," the plucky girl said. "But you need me Tom, and I'm not taking no for an answer."

The Commodore chimed in right behind. "Nor I, Proton, so don't waste my time arguing about it."

Proton knew better than to argue with the Supervisor of Extrasystem Affairs. "Yes, Sir."

"Clear ether, Proton."

"Clear ether, Commodore."

Proton's legendary rocket cruiser Voyager blasted through the ether, its tubes at maximum. The Patrolman set his controls for automatic and turned to ponder his next move. Constance brought over a cup of coffee.

"This should help you think, Tom." she offered.

"Thanks, dear," Proton said as he took the cup. "But what I really need is a good lead on where the pirates are now."

Constance produced a thick sheaf of papers. "I had the files pulled on every raid attributed to Thong," she said. "Maybe there's a clue in here somewhere."

The two of them poured over the documents for hours. Proton called for a chart and began to make notations. Finally, he stood up from his work and stretched.

"By Klono, I think I've got it! Look here, Constance, I've plotted out the positions of all of their raids on this chart. See anything unusual?"

"Why they seem to be clustered around this one point," Constance remarked. "Do you think that's where their secret base might be?"

"I'd bet my retirement pay on it, Constance. It checks, out to nineteen decimals. Their base must be here, here somewhere among the jungles of Jupiter."

Proton's beautiful secretary hugged him. "Oh, Tom, you've done it!"

"Thanks, but I'd never have made it without your help."

"Now aren't you glad I came along?"

"I'm always glad to be near you, sweetest. I'd just hate to see anything happen to you."

She frowned at him. "Did it ever occur to you what it was like for me, worrying about you back at HQ while you plunged into such extreme peril?" She turned away, holding in the tears. The young captain rushed to her side.

"Dearest Constance, I never thought about it like that. It's the work. After Chaotica I vowed I'd never let you risk your life again."

Constance turned to face the Patrolman square in the eyes. "Don't you see, we can never know what the future will bring. You... you could be dead tomorrow..."

"Constance!"

"No, no, let me finish. You're too important to me to lose, and too important to the universe to retire." Constance looked down. "We need to make the most of whatever time we have together."

With that she stepped away from the virile man and slipped off her jacket. Returning his gaze, she slowly began to undo the buttons of her blouse.

Proton considered her carefully. "Are you sure?"

Constance pulled off her blouse, revealing a slip of the sheerest glamorette. "I've thought very hard about this, dearest. In fact, I've thought of nothing else for weeks. And once my mind is made up, nothing can change it." With that, she slid the zipper on her skirt and allowed it to drop to her ankles. Her porcelain skin was visible through the sheer material. The glamorette clung tightly to her every curve, accentuating her already considerable beauty.

Proton moved to embrace her. "My dear, wonderful, sweet, stubborn, darling."

She wrapped her arms around him. "Love me, Tom. Love me all you can."

Episode Two: Mystery of the Ancients

Captain Proton Conquers the Universe
1940- National Studios
13 episodes
Produced by Raul Bennet & Jack Coordover
Written by Sam Hecht & Jack Coordover
Directed by Edwin S. Porter

Cast:
Captain Thomas Proton- Kirk Alyn
Buster Kincaid- Oliver McGowan
Constance Goodheart- Bettie Mae Page
Commodore Goodheart- C. Montague Shaw
Dr. Chaotica, Emperor of the Universe- Turhen Bey
Sybiria- Pricilla Lawson
Captain Thong- Roy Barcroft
Torch- William Gould
Roka- Kenne Duncan
Archademinesis- Wheeler Oakman
Tayu/Orangupoid- Gregory Peck

Perhaps no serial has had a stranger history in all of Hollywood than that of Captain Proton Conquers the Universe. National Studios, flush with the success of The Adventures of Captain Proton in 1939, began work immediately on the sequel. This despite lawsuits filed in Federal court by representatives of both Universal Studios and Kings Features Syndicate over supposed infringement of their Flash Gordon license. Rogue producer, Raul Bennet, never known to shirk from a challenge, responded by taking out a full page ad in Variety on January 8th, 1940, announcing plans for a sequel.

Universal filed an injunction to cease production the next morning, and all of the lawyers concerned looked on it as a test of the larger matter still before the court. On January 12th the judge ruled that it would be improper to make a decision until after the project was shot and a preliminary cut would be available for review.

Universal retaliated by announcing plans for a third Flash Gordon serial, Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, a clear attempt to provoke further incident. (A move which also cost National one of their lead players, as Charles Middelton played both Chaotica and Ming the Merciless.) National sued of course, but privately Bennet sent a thank you telegram stating, "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

Universal, with the backing of several major studios, then threatened a blacklist of all actors who worked on Proton. Such an act was considered an unacceptable precedent by the fledgling Screen Actors Guild, and a major showdown developed. Only a last minute compromise between the Guild and Louis B. Mayer prevented a general strike from being called.

It was with no undue pressure therefore, that principal photography commenced on May 3rd, 1940. Most of the original cast from Proton returned to continue their roles with a few key exceptions. Turhen Bey made his first screen appearance replacing Charles Middelton as Chaotica, and model Bettie Mae Page became the new Constance Goodheart, an experience she considered so traumatic that she left Hollywood not to return for many years.

The plot, which concerned space pirates and the return of Chaotica, was a carefully guarded secret. Actors were given pages for their scenes only, and multiple storylines were released to keep Universal in the dark. The director, veteran filmmaker Edwin Porter, was pulled from retirement for what would be his last film. (He died the following year.) He proved quite spry, often wearing down assistants a third his age.

Roy Barcroft, in his biography 'The Purple Monster Speaks,' remembered the hectic shooting schedule:

"Porter was keen on having a robot in the show and Raul arranged to have him see the one in the prop department. Greg (Gregory Peck) put it on and walked around for him. Porter was unimpressed and explained to Raul, in exact technical detail, why this piece of shit wasn't going to work. He produced his own sketches, a shiny metal skeleton with glowing red eyes. It was scary as hell, but Raul insisted that there was no money in the budget. They yelled a lot, and the robot was out for good.

"They couldn't get Bettie to lose her Southern accent. Monty would work with her during rehearsals, but it was hopeless. Finally, they decided that Pricilla would dub her lines afterwards. When Bettie found out it proved to be the straw that broke the camel's back, and after the shoot she left town.

"The blacklist had failed so I found myself working on Flash Gordon at the same time. (Roy played one of Ming's guards.) Proton was my biggest part to date and I was really nervous about screwing up. I would study my lines all night. I kept going back and forth between the two shoots and eventually it caught up to me. I was on Ming's throne room at Universal one day and just blurted out, 'You're doomed, Proton!'

"Everybody burst out laughing, especially Buster Crabbe (Flash Gordon.) For the rest of the day Charles Middleton would wait until the cameras were rolling and then slip in a 'Curse you Proton!' or 'Proton my boy, how are you?' in his best Commodore. Buster was on the floor by lunch. The director finally gave up and wrapped for the day. They let me stay on, which was more forgiving then I'd of been."

On June 19th, without any warning, National shut its doors, having been sold to rival Republic Studios the day before. Jack Coordover accused Bennet of collusion with Republic, and staging Proton to drop National's value. His case was settled out of court in 1951. Although Republic would use sets, costumes and props from Captain Proton for years to come, they never completed the serial, and the lawsuit with Universal was dropped.

None of the footage of Captain Proton Conquers the Universe is known to have survived, and to this day all that remains are a handful of publicity stills.

Excerpt, To Be Continued..., Ken Weiss, 1972, Crown Publishers, New York.


Episode Three: The Dangerous Journey

Personal Log, Ensign Tom Paris:

"I'm telling you Harry, this program is unlike anything you've ever seen."

Harry looked up over his zucchini, still unimpressed.

"Tom, I thought you'd given up on Captain Proton."

"I had. That was before I found this new file."

"A new file." Harry was more annoyed than I expected. As if it was my fault that aliens from another dimension couldn't tell the difference between a simulation and reality.

"Yeah, I was looking up Junior G-Men (don't ask) when I found out there was a sequel." I told him all about the saga of National Studios' swan song. Harry kept eating. When I was done he waved a fork at me.

"So what. From what you tell me there's no footage, and there's no script. The computer would have nothing to work with."

"It had the original, plus the notes on the sequel, not to mention the style of other serials from the same period."

"I don't know Tom. Proton was fun, but it's been done. What would be the point?"

I leaned over the table so that no one else in the Mess would hear me. "I fucked Constance."

Harry choked on his lunch. "Your secretary? You fucked your secretary? Blonde, about so tall?"

"Well now she's a brunette and built like a brick starship, but yeah, that Constance."

Harry shook his head. "I may be no expert on 20th Century culture, but I seem to remember that they didn't do things like that in movie serials."

"Of course not. Hell, it would be a surprise if they kissed."

"Then how..."

"As far as I can figure it, while rooting around for material to build the program with, the computer naturally touched on the biggest simulation in the system."

"Barrows."

"Mistress Barrows. The kinkiest, horniest dominatrix in the Alpha Quadrant."

Now I had his attention. Harry thought over the implications. "Sounds dangerous."

"I checked. Every safety protocol is still in effect. It's just like Proton, only combined with Barrows' libido."

"Not very accurate, then." I could see he was starting to come around. I pushed on.

"Who cares? Harry, the woman is insatiable. I'm thinking of renaming her Constant Goodhead. And this is only chapter three. I've got ten more to go."

"Didn't the Mistress order us not to play on our own?" Janeway had a powerful hold over Harry. She had a powerful hold over me for that matter.

"This isn't the same. It's just a holoprogram. The Captain never intended that we stop using the Holodeck entirely. It's no different than if we were going skiing."

Harry tried to keep a straight face but I was sure he was getting a hard on under the table. I resisted the temptation to check. I pulled out the pictures I'd found of Constance and Sybiria. He wasn't going to be standing up in public any time soon.

"Wait until you hear her come. It's enough to get you hard all over again."

I handed him the pictures and went to work on my own lunch. He didn't hand them back.

"You won't regret it."

Harry returned the pictures. "I'd better not."

"Meet me in Holodeck Two after your shift."

Harry nodded as he stood, subtly adjusting his pants to make his erection less noticeable.


Episode Four: Planet of Peril

Proton and Buster heard the first scream as they were slowly penetrating the thick yellow vegetation of the Jovian jungle. Proton cursed himself as he redoubled his efforts. If only he hadn't stopped to examine the mysterious stone obelisk! Now they would require maximum jets to reach Constance in time. Using their razor sharp diamonite machetes, the two quicken their pace through the dense growth.

As they reached the slopes of the volcano, the jungle lessen in intensity, yielding to the steepening grade and ever increasing outcroppings of rock. They moved even quicker, determined after each of Constance's cries that they would reach her before she could utter another.

It was only at the edge of the clearing that they finally paused, taking stock of the demonic ceremony being conducted before them. Nearly a hundred of the fire worshippers stood chanting in the clearing. Fully twelve of the high priests of Tayu were situated about their altar before a cave opening to the volcano's core. Their crimson robes and hoods obscured every aspect of their appearance, leaving only phantoms blood red in color and black in souls. The priests were arrayed in a circle about the altar, the focus of their unholy chants. There was a sight that made Captain Proton shorten his breath, for here was Constance, his dear Constance, tightly bound to a stake facing the cave's mouth.

She was bound at the ankles, at the waist, across her breasts and around her neck, so carefully and thoroughly secured that her every attempt to avoid the horror intended for her was in vain. She was gagged as well, and only by the most super human of efforts were her cries penetrating her restraints. Her clothes followed closely the contours of her writhing body, twisting and turning as she struggled for freedom.

The red robed clerics of Tayu fell silent save for their leader, Archademinesis, who held out his great wooden staff before the volcano entrance.

"Great Tayu," the High Priest intoned. "God of Fire, God of the Mountain, accept this, your new bride, that she may give you pleasure within the Great Burning Pit."

Archademinesis then turned to one of his brethren, and commanded him to sound the immense gong beside the cave. Proton and Buster knew that this was their last, their only chance to save Constance. Breaking from the undergrowth, ray pistols at the ready, they struck quickly and efficiently. Bolts of artificial ightning leapt from their sidearms, and savage after savage collapsed before them. It was ruthless and necessary. The crowd fell back before the might of the Patrolmen, and when Archademinesis himself was struck down, their loyalty to their god was tested and found wanting. The savages fled down the mountain, leaving only Proton, Buster, Constance and the slain.

Proton ran to his secretary's side and pulled the gag from her mouth. "Proton!" She cried. Then words were too much and she kissed him.

"Darling Constance," Proton finally said. "Thank goodness you're safe."

"Oh kiss me darling, kiss me!" She said. "I need to know that I am still alive."

The Captain kissed her again, deeply, and wrapped both arms around her. He felt her heart pounding in her chest and her body aching to his touch. She kissed him, and the fire burning within her began to burn in him as well. Never had she kissed him like this. Never had she burned so fiercely. It seemed to the Patrolman that her restraints only deepened her passion, focused it, magnified it.

It was with the greatest reluctance that he finally broke away. "Are you alright?"

She looked at him with burning eyes. "To have been so close to the End. To know that I would see nothing else, hear nothing else, touch nothing else... My body feels as if it is already in the flames." Constance let out a sigh of power. "Touch me. I need to be touched."

Proton removed the rope binding her neck. "Let me get you down."

"Now. Here. In this way. I need your touch. Please, Tom. Please." Proton looked into her eyes and felt his own burning. He pulled the rope away from her exposed neck, and bent over to kiss the mark it left. Constance let out a gasp as his hand ran over her bound body. She looked at Buster, who stood back sheepishly.

"I need your touch too. Please touch me." She looked at Proton, who looked at Buster. A moment passed between them, as they considered the words. Then Buster was by Proton's side, and the two explored Constance. She kissed Proton again, then Buster, and every touch brought more fire. They moved over every part of her, her face, her shoulder blades, her breasts, her abdomen, her hips, her ankles, her feet. Every part of her burned. They kissed her lips and her neck. They kissed her body through her clothes. They kissed her as she strained against the ropes. Finally, they moved her skirt aside and kissed her burning center. She gasped and she sighed and screamed until she seemed ready to collapse.

As they pressed against her, she could feel them burning as well. "Let me help you," she sighed. "Let me help those who have helped me in so many ways."

With an effort, Constance slid against the ropes, bending at the knees and moving her body down the coarse pole. The heavy grain of the wood chafed at her clothes and her wrists but still she sank lower until at last her knees touched the ground.

She looked up at them both. "Please let me please you."

She took each of them in her mouth, one after the other. She slid her tongue along their lengths, from end to end, pausing where the tips met. She lavished attention on them both, never ignoring one for very long before switching from the other. She kissed every part, she consumed them whole. She felt their passion burn, and when it was at last too much, she gladly received their pleasure across her face, neck and chest.

At last she thanked them both. Their passions spent, they turned their attention to Constance's restraints. The priests had secured her with the most fiendish of knots. Proton retrieved his machete.

"Just another moment, my sweet, and I will have you free at last." Proton took careful aim.

A mighty roar emanated from the cave.

"What was that?" Buster inquired.

"I don't know," Proton replied. Another roar followed, even louder than the first.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Suddenly, It lunged from out of the darkness within the mountain. Fourteen feet tall, pale white in color, a long snout of razor sharp teeth and two giant pincers, It strode out on mighty clawed legs towards the party. With horror they realized that Tayu was no mere savage myth. From between powerful jaws a blast of fire licked out at them. Buster drew his weapon at once only to be knocked away by the beast's great arm. Proton swung at the creature as it strode towards Constance, the blade deflected easily off of the thick hide. Constance screamed as the Fire God snatched up the young captain in its clawed hand and began to squeeze...


Episode Five: Galaxy of Terror

TITLE SEQUENCE

Begin title music.

TITLE CARD
Captain Proton Conquers the Universe.
Other Credits follow.
CUT TO:


INT. SPACE PATROL HEADQUARTERS - DAY

Begin interlude music. A PATROLMAN operates the viewscope, showing illustrations from previous chapters.

ANNOUNCER (VO)
Episode Five: Galaxy of Terror
Next card.
ANNOUNCER (VO)
Captain Proton, Defender of the Galaxy, is assigned to recover the world's smallest cyclotron, stolen from the Hall of Science by the infamous Captain Thong, leader of a band of cutthroat space pirates...
Next card.
ANNOUNCER (VO)
Suspecting that Thong may only be an agent of the evil Chaotica, self styled Emperor of the Universe, Proton, his secretary Constance Goodheart and partner Buster Kincaid track the pirates to the Jungles of Jupiter...
Next card.
ANNOUNCER (VO)
Constance is captured by Archademinesis, High Priest of the cult of Tayu, the Fire God. The cult offers up Constance as a sacrifice to be the bride of the demon of the volcano...
Next card.
ANNOUNCER (VO)
Proton and Buster rescue Constance from the clutches of Archademinesis when suddenly...
EXT. VOLCANO - DAY

Faster paced danger music. PROTON and BUSTER are trying to free CONSTANCE. They hear a TERRIBLE ROAR.

BUSTER
I have a bad feeling about this.
TAYU, the fire monster, runs out of the cave. It knocks Buster aside, and grabs Proton in it's claw. Constance screams as it squeezes tighter.

Proton hacks at the monster's neck with his MACHETE, finally forcing it to drop him. Proton lands with a thud, but is quickly on his feet. Tayu lunges at Proton. Proton now has his RAY GUN at the ready and shoots the monster square in the chest.

Tayu stumbles back. Proton fires again, and then is joined by Buster, who fire until the beast collapses. With a last screech, the monster dies. Music out.

BUSTER
That was a close one.
Proton goes to Constance, and with one stoke, cuts the ropes holding her to the post.
PROTON
Constance, are you alright?

CONSTANCE
Oh, Captain, it was horrible, just horrible.

PROTON
Don't worry about it any more, dearest, it's gone now.

BUSTER
I think we should get out of here.

PROTON
Let's head for the rocketship.
Proton helps Constance to her feet, and they start away. Music up.
WIPE TO:


EXT. JUNGLE - DAY

Master shot of Proton's rocketship among the trees.

EXT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP - DAY

Proton, Buster and Constance board the rocketship.

INT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP - DAY

They climb inside and close the door behind them. Proton goes to the control panel and activates the rockets.

EXT. JUNGLE - DAY

Proton's rocketship takes off.

WIPE TO:


EXT. SPACE

Proton's rocketship flies through the ether.

INT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP - DAY

Music out.

BUSTER
Proton! It's Commodore Goodheart on the televisor.

PROTON
Thanks, Buster. Take over the controls for me.
Constance makes final adjustments on the televisor until COMMODORE GOODHEART appears on the screen.
COMMODORE GOODHEART (on viewscreen)
Calling Captain Proton! Calling Captain Proton! Do you read me?

PROTON
I read you, Sir.

COMMODORE GOODHEART (on viewscreen)
We've just received word that Thong and his space pirates have stolen a large shipment of uranium ore in Sector 12.

PROTON
Why that's the last component necessary for Chaotica's Destroying Ray!

CONSTANCE
Do you really think Chaotica could still be alive?

BUSTER
It certainly wouldn't be the first time he's cheated death.

COMMODORE GOODHEART (on viewscreen)
Given the circumstances, we assume nothing. Captain, I'm ordering you to investigate the Planet Maleovia immediately. If Chaotica is still alive, he must be stopped.

PROTON
Yes, Sir.

COMMODORE GOODHEART (on viewscreen)
Constance, do you think you'll be alright?

CONSTANCE
Oh, Father, I'm in very good hands.

PROTON
We'll take care of her, Sir.

COMMODORE GOODHEART (on viewscreen)
Of that I have no doubt. Clear ether, Captain!

PROTON
Clear ether, Sir!
With that, the Commodore's image fades.
CONSTANCE
Gosh, I hope it's not Chaotica.

PROTON
As do I, darling. Buster, set course for Maleovia!

BUSTER
You got it, Captain!
Music up.
CUT TO:


EXT. SPACE

The endless bounds of the ether pass by.

CUT TO:


INT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP - DAY

Music down but not out. Proton is at the controls.

PROTON
We're coming up on Maleovia. Everybody take your seats!
Buster helps strap Constance in.
BUSTER
Comfortable?

CONSTANCE
I can't think of any place I feel safer than between the two of you.
Suddenly the ship is rocked by an EXPLOSION.
PROTON
We're under attack!
EXT. SPACE

A FLEET of pirate ROCKETS is closing. Music back up.

INT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP

PROTON
Buster! Man the rocket gun!

BUSTER
On the double!
EXT. SPACE

The pirate rockets fire at Proton.

INT. PIRATE ROCKETSHIP - DAY

A SPACE PIRATE fires his rocket gun.

EXT. SPACE

Another shot is fired at Proton.

INT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP - DAY

They are rocked by another hit. Buster takes aim behind the rocket gun and fires.

EXT. SPACE

Proton's rocketship fires back.

INT. PIRATE ROCKETSHIP - DAY

The pirate ship takes a serious HIT.

EXT. SPACE

One of the pirate rockets drops away. The others keep firing.

INT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP - DAY

BUSTER
There's too many of them!
INT. PIRATE ROCKETSHIP - DAY

A SECOND PIRATE fires his rocket gun.

EXT. SPACE

Proton's ship is HIT.

INT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP - DAY

The rocketship is rocked from the blast.

PROTON
We're hit!
EXT. SPACE

Proton's rocketship starts to fall. The pirates follow.

INT. PIRATE ROCKETSHIP - DAY

The Second Pirate fires again.

INT. PROTON'S ROCKETSHIP - DAY

Music swells. There is an ENORMOUS EXPLOSION which blinds the camera. Constance screams.

CUT TO:

EXT. EMPTY SPACE

TITLE CARD

Next Week: The Daughter of Chaotica!

FADE TO BLACK

Episode Six: The Daughter of Chaotica

Slowly Captain Proton became aware of his surroundings. He was still on Voyager, the once proud galactic cruiser now a smoking wreck. Clearly they had crashed onto the planet surface. Where were the others? How was Buster? How was Constance?!

It was as he attempted to look around the haze of the ruined cabin that he noticed the guns. They were numerous, large and brutish, much like the savage space pirates holding them. As he was dragged to his feet he struggled desperately for freedom, nearly besting his captors until he spied Buster and Constance in their clutches, barrels pressed against their limp bodies.

They were taken to the massive castle that was the lair of the supremely evil galactic despot, Chaotica. Deeper and deeper into the black granite fortress they were taken, until at last they reached the mighty throne room of polished emerite and belurium.

It was a sight which surprised even the seasoned Patrol veteran. The room was larger than Proton remembered, the materials more luxurious. It now spanned fully a hundred feet across and almost seventy high, the vaulted stone ceiling giving way to glimmering screens of taurasone. Machines of new construction and unknown function were situated about the chamber. Guards lined the halls, weapons at the ready, eyes focused. Courtiers bowed before the wide steps leading to the throne itself. And it was there, on that black perch, that Proton gazed upon what he had long suspected yet feared to believe. Dr. Chaotica, Emperor of the Universe glowered at the few souls who represented Freedom's last hope.

"Chaotica! I knew it could only be you."

Proton was immediately struck by the fearsome pirate leader. "Arrogant fool! None may speak to the Emperor until he dains it."

Chaotica allowed himself a thin smile. "Now, now. Proton and I are old friends. I have long looked forward to this day."

"I don't get it. You're suppose to be dead."

"Fools! By now you must realize that your weapons are useless against me." He rose from his throne and approached the captive party.

"I see you have brought your friends. The ever loyal Buster Kincaid and the lovely Constance Goodheart. I have missed you especially, my dear. You have eluded my nuptial chamber for the last time."

Captain Proton struggled futily against the mammoth limbs which restrained him. "I'd be careful if I were you, Chaotica. Your last bride was more than you could handle."

"Arachnia made her choice, and will be forced to live knowing that she will never share in my victories. You on the other hand, will never live to witness them. Take him away."

The guards moved forward.

"Father, wait!"

Proton turned to see a sleek, exotic beauty saunter to the evil tyrant's side. "I want the blond giant."

Proton had to concede that she was indeed a stunning creature, even if she wasn't the seven sector callout his beloved Constance was.

"My dear Sybiria, you know I can refuse you nothing. But I must warn you that this man is dangerous, even for one with your strong appetites."

Sybiria pouted as she ran a hand over her father's chest. "But Father, I want him."

"This is for your own good, dear." Chaotica returned his attention to the Earth people. "Have my future bride taken to my chambers. Have this one placed in my dungeon," he said, pointing at Buster. "As for the intrepid CaptainProton... the Static Room!"

Sybiria pulled at Chaotica's arm. "No Father, it's too horrible!"

Chaotica pushed her aside. "Take him away!"


Episode Seven: The Purple Monster

The appeal was definitely starting to wear off. Harry was going to be saying 'I told you so' for a month after this fiasco if I didn't think of something soon. What the heck is a Static Room anyway? I'm sure I didn't want to find out.

The guard dragged me down another of Chaotica's endless dank corridors to a door that had to be at least four feet thick. Whenever these serials actually spent money on a thick door, it was never a good sign.

It was very bad. The computer had dredged pretty far into Barrows' psyche to come up with this contraption. There were clamps and posts and electrodes and sparks and the whole thing was built over a burning pit.

I was about to shut the program off when Sybiria, Chaotica's hot daughter turned up. God damn, that woman was even sexier walking than when she was standing still. My guard snapped to attention. Sybiria passed him with a look of pure disdain, then suddenly turned and burned him to the ground.

Okay, so she's dangerous. That would figure seeing who her dad was.

"Come quickly, Earthman, if you want to live."

I make it a point to never argue with a woman better armed than I am. We ran through the complex maze of passageways until I wasn't sure where I was anymore. Finally we were in a dark room far below the surface when she bolted the door behind me and hit the lights.

I guess it was once a storeroom, or a crypt or who knows what. At the moment it was covered in fine silks, Persian carpets, incense burners and mounds of throw pillows. Sybiria triple locked the door and then advanced like a hungry panther.

She climbed up my body and attacked my mouth. I was completely bound in her arms and legs. She was rubbing her crotch over my pants like a bitch in heat. My cock took notice.

For a moment I wondered what Captain Proton would do. Stupid really, and beside the point. But as she slithered down my chest and removed my belt, I reconsidered. She's a younger, hornier, female version of Chaotica. Which means that once she got her daily ration of dick my ass was in real trouble.That would never be a worry for Proton, of course, whos virtue would drive someone like Sybiria to switch sides if it meant a chance at his meat.

Safety or hot sex, not a choice I wanted to make.

My pants were at my ankles and Sybiria had both hands clutching my ass and my cock all the way down her throat. She was fucking me with her mouth harder than most women get it in their pussy. I was going to have to think of something fast.

The answer was literally right in front of me. I had to make myself invaluable in the one area that mattered most to her.

With a great effort, I pushed Sybiria away from me. She saw the passion in my eyes, stood, and with one motion, ripped her dress from top to bottom. The flimsy material fell to her feet and she held out her arms, naked.

"Take me, Earthman."

I took a deep breath and focused my mind to the task at hand. I put my finger to my lips and motioned for her to remain still. I paused and just stared at her, examining her closely, examining all of her, not just the obvious bits. She noticed my careful scrutiny and turned, slowly, so that I could see every part of her. Her breath got shorter and more rapid.

I brought to mind everything Janeway had ever taught me about foreplay. As Sybiria again turned to face me, I paused just a moment longer, for effect, before moving in.

I kissed her forehead, her cheek, her neck, everywhere but her lips. As tempting as her pert nipples and trim bush were, I stayed far away from any conventional erogenous zone.

By the time I reached her outer thighs she fell back onto the pillows. She had her first orgasm when I sucked her toes. I made a note to save her program for the Captain. Sybiria gave the Ensign a run for her money.

As she struggled to catch her breath I took her in my arms and kissed her. It was slow and patient but relentless. As it continued she again slid her limbs around me. Her arms clawed at my back for a movement I would not give her. In desperation she rolled me on my back and tried to mount me. She was almost frantic as she fumbled for my dick.

I grabbed her about the waist and flung her aside. She rolled upright and burned at me. It was a mixture of hatred and passion. I crossed my fingers and hoped it wasn't hate.

Lucky me. She crawled to my side, making another going at sucking my cock.She wasn't getting off that easy. Before she got the chance I had her on her back and my tongue latched onto her clit. Her taste was an interesting mixture of sweat, cum and perfume. She beat her fists on the ground and screamed so loud I thought Chaotica might hear her all the way up in the throne room.

I never gave her exactly what she expected. Even when I finally fucked her, I'd start in one position but soon switch to another. And I'd let her come with my tongue or with my fingers but never my dick. At least not at first.After a while she was begging for it, pleading for it. She really liked it from behind, although I decided to save her ass for another occasion.

She knew I hadn't come yet and it was driving her crazy. She had tears flowing down her face as she whimpered.

At the end I tit fucked her, which surprisingly, she had never done before. She seemed uncertain as she squeezed those delicate breasts together. Her eyes were wide with amazement as she pondered which stroke that would be the one that finally gave her her reward.

Even then I held off longer than I ever thought possible and shot a load almost across the room. She gasped with exhaustion, relief and delight. She scooped the cum off her face and chest with her fingers and licked each one in turn with relish.

We didn't talk until we got our breath back.

"I need your help," I said.

"I could never betray my father," she replied.

"Please, Sybiria for me."

She looked deep into my eyes. Moment of truth.

"I can deny you nothing."

The first step would be to rescue Harry. Aside from the extra help, if I let him languish in Chaotica's dungeon too long he might shut off the program. Naturally, Sybiria knew a back way in -- I don't think there was a part of this place that didn't have a back entrance.

It must have been the sex. It shouldn't have been this easy. But I was so preoccupied with wondering how tough the guards would be, or if Sybiria would try and knife me in the back that I overlooked the obvious.

It was a giant purple gorilla with a big horn on his head and a serious attitude problem. Sybiria screamed something about orangupoid and then the damn thing was on me. Macramé, why hadn't I taken up macramé...


Episode Eight: A Cunning Plan

With a terrifying certainty, Proton felt the huge orangupoid slowly squeezing the life out of his body. Its terrible arms crushed the young Patrolman, its fangs snarled and its eyes an unreasoning rage. Then, with a mighty howl,the orangupoid raised the Patrolman over his head and hurled him down the dank corridor. The Captain slammed into a wall and staggered to his feet.

Proton couldn't believe his luck. For though the great beast was powerful, it knew no science. Its attack was pure rage. Its only advantage was surprise. As the creature rushed towards him, Proton responded with a series of precise blows, carefully calculated to inflict the most pain.

Once again brain triumphed over brawn and soon the monster's dim thoughts turned to flight. As it staggered away, Proton went to Sybiria, huddled in a corner.

"None has ever defeated an orangupoid in single combat," she gasped.

"He didn't reckon on Patrol training," Proton replied.

They proceeded through the depths of Chaotica's dark fortress. And although they moved more cautiously, the two encountered no further obstacles until they reached the heart of the evil emperor's dungeon. The single guard was more intelligent than the orangupoid, but this time it was Captain Proton who had surprise, and he was quickly dispatched. Proton padded up to the cell doors.

"Buster," he called out. "Where are you?"

"In here," came the faint reply.

"Are you alright?"

"So far. Fortunately, it hasn't been my turn yet."

Buster reached out through a small window in the cell door. Proton took his comrade's hand in his own, relieved that he had survived Chaotica's imprisonment with no lasting effects.

Sybiria had found the keys and they quickly released the magnolock. Buster immediately embraced his friend, and Proton realized that he must have been just as worried about Proton's fate as his own.

"I didn't think you'd survive the Static Room," Buster said.

"I never would have, if it hadn't been for our new ally," Proton explained. Buster was surprised.

"Sybiria!"

"We must hurry if we are to stop my Father from completing his destroying ray. It is almost ready for firing."

"We've got to free Constance first," Proton explained, noticing Sybiria's barely hidden contempt. "Then we'll stop the ray."

Buster spoke out. "Constance? She's here, in the dungeon. I heard them move her in a little while ago."

"By Klono's beard, why didn't you say so! Constance! Where are you?"

"Tom? Tom?" The calls were faint, from a more distant cell, but there was no mistaking the voice. Soon, another lock was turned, and the previous reunion was replayed again.

"Why, I know where the ray is," Constance said, after hearing of Proton's intentions. "Chaotica mentioned it to his men just before I was sent down here. He said it was in the main laboratory."

Proton hugged his loyal secretary. "Good girl! Sybiria, can you find us a way in there unseen?"

Sybiria nodded. "There is a secret passage. No one else knows of it. It leads directly to my Father's laboratory."

"Good. We'll sneak in the back way, disable the ray, then use the lab's televisor to alert the Commodore. He can have the Grand Fleet here in a few hours. Are you with me?"

"I'm in," Buster said.

"As am I," Sybiria added.

"I'll follow you anywhere, Tom."

"Good. Let's go."

Fortunately, the secret passageway was free of the horrors of the dungeon, and the intrepid party reached the laboratory without incident. Chaotica's lair of super-science was indeed an awe inspiring place, filled with devices of which Proton could only guess the purpose. Row after row of workbenches were arranged along one wall, opposite a huge curtain. Moving carefully, Proton and Buster examined every crevice of the huge chamber, but could find no signs of Chaotica, his minions, or the ray.

"I don't understand," Proton wondered. "How could he have gotten the ray out so quickly?"

"Maybe Constance misheard him," Buster offered.

She shook her head. "I'm certain that is where he said it would be."

Proton was puzzled. "Well, there's nothing here now."

A voice boomed from out of the chamber entrance. "Nothing -- except your death!"

With that, the laboratory was suddenly awash in a sea of pirates. At the crest of this tide of malice stood Captain Thong. "You have fallen into our trap, Proton. Now die, Earthman!"


Episode Nine: The Savage Attack

The laboratory exploded into violence, as the pirate hoard rushed upon Captain Proton and Buster. The evil Thong stood over the proceedings, cackling at the notion of the two lone Patrolman facing fully twenty of his battle hardened warriors.

But glee soon turned to puzzlement, and puzzlement to anxiety, and anxiety to fear as slowly, the tide of battle changed, until finally, only the two Earthmen were left standing.

"No!" Thong shouted. "It's not possible!"

"Surrender now, Thong," Proton ordered. "And we'll go easy on you."

"Never!" Thong declared, as he slipped out of the laboratory entrance, sealing the portal behind him.

Proton rushed for the door. "We've got to stop him!"

"Wait!" Buster cautioned. "We have a more important problem. They knew wewere coming, even before we left. One of us... is a traitor!"

Constance was shocked. "What do you mean?"

"They wanted us to come here," Buster stared at Sybiria with burning suspicion.

"Do not accuse me, Earthman. I rescued your friend from the fate of the Static Room."

"Yet who knew exactly how to get us here unnoticed?"

"Who knew where we should go at all?" She advanced towards the nervous secretary and leveled a slender finger. "How is it that she came to be released from my Father's bedchamber?"

Constance took a step back against one of the high lab tables. "Why, I spurned his advances. Tom, you know I love you only."

Sybiria snatched Constance's wrist and twisted the young woman's body to her own. "No woman can escape my Father's carnal desires. Certainly not one who is such a prisoner of the flesh as yourself."

She took a fistful of the brunette's full wavy mane and pulled hard, forcing the secretary's head back with a cry. Buster started towards the two entangled women when Proton held out his hand.

"Wait," the Patrolman ordered.

Constance turned to the Captain. "Tom, please. You know I could not betray you."

Proton remained silent. Sybiria pulled on the young woman's hair harder. "Do not attempt to deny it. Even now your body betrays you."

With her free hand, the emperor's daughter seized the hem of the secretary's skirt and tore it aside. There, for all to see, were the moist lips, newly shorn. When Sybiria inserted a manicured finger, Constance nearly swooned.

Sybiria held out the proof glistening on a fingertip. Proton examined it carefully, then considered his beautiful assistant.

"Tom. Please," she begged. "You know me."

He reached out and wrapped a powerful hand around her jaw, squeezing until her lips pouted. "Yes, Constance, I know you well. I know the fire that burns within you. I thought that only I could satisfy that deep hunger."

He turned to Buster. "Secure her."

Buster bound her wrists tightly and attached them to the laboratory's winch.The woman's ankles were attached to opposite ends of a long iron bar, which was in turn locked to the floor. Buster activated the winch and the heavy chain slowly advanced until Proton's secretary was almost lifted from the floor.

"Tom," she pleaded.

Her sweat had stained through her blouse and jacket. Proton ripped away what remained of her skirt and began to remove his belt.

"This is for your own good, Constance," he explained. "You must learn obedience,and I must be sure of your loyalty."

Her head sank. "I... I understand."

Out of compassion he held the buckle in his hand, and did not use it against the soft flesh. Proton wielded the belt with great skill. With each blow, Constance's screams grew louder, yet she did not beg him to stop. Whap! Whap! Her skin turned scarlet beneath the leather. Whap! Whap! Fully twelve strokes were counted before he asked his first question.

"Did you betray us to Chaotica?"

She did not answer.

Another blow fell. "Did you betray us to Chaotica?"

"Yes," she whispered.

Whap! Whap! "Why?"

"I am weak. He turned my flesh against me."

Whap! Whap! "How?"

Her breath was short. Her pleasure trickled down her exposed thighs. "He used me. He used me as you are you using me now."

Whap! Whap! "Was that all?"

"No... no. He touched me. He... penetrated me."

Whap! "Where?"

"Where you have not. Where... you are now..."

Her muscles remained taunt even as she sagged against her bounds. Proton ran his hand over the raw flesh. His secretary almost sighed at the touch.

"That passion still burns within you."

"Yes."

The Patrolman removed his trousers. He ran the tip along her inner thighs, allowing her pleasure to wash over it.

"You wish it still."

"Yes."

He placed the tip against that most tight opening and paused. Constance gasped.

"Please. Please....

"Please, Tom.

"Please, Captain.

"Please... Master."

Proton entered her. She bucked and she screamed, but she accepted the length of him in that dark passage.

"Please, Master. Please, Master. Please, Master."

Proton felt his own power growing within him, growing as his passion grew. He grabbed her waist as he moved, driving ever harder. Her pleads became moans, then cries. Proton saw Sybiria as well as Buster, and saw the passion burning in them as well. It was his power that gave them this fire. Constance was just the beginning. He increased his tempo, until Constance was reduced to one long primitive howl.

But even then he drove on. Relishing in his power he continued on and on, to a time of his own choosing, until at last he released his pleasure into her. Constance felt his reward and at last swooned in abandon. Withdrawing from her, he watched as his pleasure leaked out to finally mix with hers on her thighs.

"Thank you, Master," she whispered.

She was completely and utterly satiated. But even though Proton appeared to be as well, the sensations of this new experience continued to build in the corners of his mind, expanding until they consumed his being. This was not over, he realized. This was not over by half.

He retrieved his belt and studied his subject...


Episode Ten: In the Lair of Arachnia

Captain's Personal Log:

B'Elanna came to see me late that evening. She was in full uniform and I thus focused on the current state of Voyager's engines. All that changed with her first word.

"Mistress," she began. "I'm worried about Tom."

It was the Holodeck, of course. Long ago I recognized that that machine represented more a threat to their relationship than Harry and Seven put together. I replicated two glasses of pinot noir and settled her onto the sofa.

"You know he's started running Proton again."

I hadn't. "It's his time to waste."

"But he should be spending that time with me."

"True. But despite our mutual hobby, one cannot hold a man with chains."

"Then how do I keep him out?"

"The point isn't to keep him out. Where he spends his time is irrelevant. Your concern is that he spend it with you."

"So you're saying it's my fault."

I sighed. It was moments like this, when B'Elanna would grow both impatient and insecure that I most empathized with the boy.

"How often do you have dinner together?"

She had to think about that. "Every time our schedules allow it."

"And who arranges the meal?"

"Tom does."

"How often do you talk -- I mean just talk."

"Once, maybe twice a day. Sometimes he sneaks down to Engineering while I'm on duty."

"It sounds like you have a most attentive lover. You are to be envied."

That stopped her cold. She sipped her wine, turning over my words in her mind.

"At least it's not that stupid garage," she said.

It was my turn to sample my drink. The implications of B'Elanna's answers had clearly escaped her. Yes, Tom had demonstrated that he was a devoted and considerate lover. It was also clear that he was doing all the work. No wonder that he spent so much time on the Holodeck. At least the holograms would be appreciative.

Not that this was merely a case of escaping into some photonic fantasy. He lacked the strength to confront B'Elanna over her actions, or lack of action. But Tom always had a history of running from confrontation.

So he'd hide in the comfort of Sandrine's or the luau or his garage. B'Elanna was much too harsh about the garage. I never cared for motor cars myself, but surely the problems of rebuilding, tuning and upgrading such a unique mechanical system using only primitive implements should have appealed to an engineer. Tom only began the program after they left the Circle, and when she made it quite clear that it held no interest for her, he abandoned the program in favor of Proton.

"How come he never invites me to go fight evil with him?" B'Elanna asked.

Because he's no longer pretending that you share his interests. "Have you ever asked?"

That gave her pause. She took another sip. Alas, it did not hold. "He invited the Delaney Sisters."

"He was just trying to get Harry laid."

"Harry's got Seven."

"My dear, no man can have enough pussy. Not even if it's Seven."

"So what pussy is Tom looking for?"

At this point I would have had the girl chained up and whipped until she was raw, but that would accomplish nothing except give my arm a cramp. "Tom has always been faithful to you -- within the terms you both have agreed upon. If you have any doubts you must discuss the matter with him."

"I wish I could. He's been gone all day. I haven't seen Harry either."

"Computer," I asked. "Locate Ensign Kim and Ensign Paris."

"Ensign Kim and Ensign Paris are in Holodeck Two."


Episode Eleven: The Destroying Ray

Proton considered his beautiful bound secretary, his heavy leather belt dangling from one hand. His dear Constance was suspended from the ceiling by a heavy chain, bound tightly, stripped of all clothing from below the waist. Her delicate flesh quivered from a combination of pain, pleasure and anticipation. Behind him, his partner Buster and the evil emperor's exotic daughter were now locked in a passionate embrace. As Proton absorbed the tableau in the laboratory he relished in the power burning within him, knowing that it was by his will that it had come to pass. What was even the might of the Patrol when compared with the energy greater than a hundred suns now radiating from the four occupants of the vast laboratory.

Proton savored the moment, then made his move. Constance found her blouse torn open, her ample bosom exposed. With widening eyes, she watched the Captain double the belt over into a strap of formidable potential. It snapped across her chest again and again, from the left and then the right. She cried out from the surprise as much as the pain, this way a new experience for them both. The power burned in his eyes. Soon Constance was twitching with excitement.

Sybiria had knelt before the Patrolman's partner and was consuming him with vigor. Buster's breathing quickened as the vixen applied all of her carnal skills. Proton realized the opportunity at hand and interrupted their passion.

Sybiria mounted one of the high workbenches as the apparatus was rotated until Proton's secretary faced her. The chain was slackened enough for her to bend towards Sybiria's waist. The emperor's daughter wrapped both legs around her neck, and with hands firmly in her hair, pulled Constance close. Buster assumed station in the rear, filling the secretary completely. Proton watched as this complex human engine came up to speed. Constance's muffled sighs could just be heard over the daughter's moans of pleasure. Sybiria murmured sweet words of encouragement to her new attendant.

Proton admired his handiwork, as well as the variety of its components. Sybiria was sleek, yet held a discipline borne out of great skill. Constance was pure energy, soft full curves, delicate even where she had been whipped raw. Buster was sculpted muscle, toned and defined. As he watched his partner, Sybiria noticed his growing passion.

"You want him," she panted. "He is yours as well."

Proton considered her words as well as his partner. It was true. It had always been true.

"Take him," she moaned.

With that the Patrolman moved behind Buster and embraced his comrade. Buster paused in his movements at Proton's touch, but soon resumed his tempo.

Proton felt his every thrust and ran his hand across Buster's body. He watched as his secretary reacted to Buster's every action. Buster was close, ever so close. Proton realized that he needed him.

He pulled Buster away and took his whole length into his mouth. He knew this ritual well, and possessed every bit of skill as the talented Sybiria. Soon Buster gave him release.

Constance's bounds were removed and she collapsed on the floor. Sybiria fell upon her, and in that position, each head to tail, they drank deeply the other's sweet treasure.

Buster grasped his partner, and endeavored to return the favor Proton had granted. They touched with an intimacy that comes from true friendship. But Proton sought a different gift, and thus Buster braced himself against theworkbench to receive it. It was difficult and painful. Buster never wavered, and soon had Proton within him. Their movements were slow at first, building with an irresistible intensity.

Sybiria sat up to witness this bonding of friends. She straddled the prostrate secretary, and with her free hand offered Constance relief.

Proton found Buster's reviving passion, and aided it as well. The four built towards their inevitable conclusion, which, when it came, was truly monumental to behold. Sybiria was first, with a sigh of pure relaxation. Constance found a voice that should have been lost after her recent activity. Proton was next, filling his comrade to overflowing, and causing him in turn to release his pleasure onto the young Captain's hand. Each collapsed in exhaustion. The moment seemed suspended in time.

It was only afterwards that the lights began to flicker. Proton was immediately on the alert for some new trap. Sybiria, however, knew its meaning plainly.

"My Father is charging the ray."

Proton sprung to action. "Quick, the televisor."

Buster tuned it to the stellar bandwidth and it was there they found their nemesis, Dr. Chaotica.

"People of Earth," he declared. "This is the sound of your doom. I, Dr. Chaotica, Lord of the Universe, have declared your planet and its feeble Space Patrol to be an irritant no longer. Prepare to feel my wrath."

Buster spoke for them all. "We have to do something."

With that the lights dimmed, then went out and remained so for nearly two minutes. When they returned there was nothing, nothing on the televisor, nothing on the Earth, nothing at all except the demonic laugh of a madman.

Proton turned to face his companions. "We're too late."

"You don't know how true that is," said Sybiria, as she and Constance backed away from the televisor to the curtain nearby.

"Sybiria, what are you doing?"

Her only response was to laugh, a hauntingly familiar laugh, then pull the curtain open.

And only then did the true horror sink in on the two Earthman as they found themselves face to face with the entire complement of the true galactic cruiser Voyager.


Episode Twelve: Shattering Doom

We were fucked. That's all I could think about. I stood stark naked in the middle of Chaotica's lab staring at my crewmates with only one realization crystal clear in my head.

We were completely fucked. The lab, the women, our clothes scattered about,the smoking remains of the Earth on the viewscreen. Hell, I still had Harry's cum on my hand.

They could only stare back. No one said a word. What was there to say? Their expressions covered every possibility. B'Elanna was furious, of course. Samantha Wildman was shocked. Neelix had disbelief. Chakotay was incredulous. The Delaney Sisters looked at the floor and the ceiling. Most of the others were stunned. The Doctor, Tuvok and Seven each had one eyebrow raised, each for a different combination of detachment and disgust. Seven's was the worst. I hadn't seen that look since she was a Borg. She appraised us as one might an inferior lifeform, one not even worthy of assimilation. I could imagine what Harry was feeling.

Then there was the Captain. She seemed sad. Disappointment? Regret?

B'Elanna broke the silence.

"I'll kill him."

The Captain held her back. Chakotay and Tuvok had to help, and she finally slumped her head in disgust. Janeway walked up to me. Harry and I snapped to attention.

"Ensign."

"Captain." Oh boy were we fucked. "Ah... how long have you been... here?"

"Long enough."

"Right. Of course." Really fucked.

"Should I bother for an explanation?"

"None would do any good, Ma'am."

"I see." She looked back at the crew. "Everybody out."

They shuffled away in little groups, even B'Elanna, after some further prodding from the Captain. We were alone.

"Now then," she said. "What am I to do with you?"

Sybiria spoke up. "I have a few suggestions, Pet."

We all turned. She had been Sybiria. Now she was Barrows. The Captain bowed her head in deference.

"Mistress," she said.

Barrows. Of course it was Barrows. It couldn't be anyone but Barrows. I twas all starting to make sense. She laid it out.

"You must take a firmer hand with your property, dear," she explained. "They have the self control of rutting dogs."

"You were always Sybiria," I observed. "There was never a Sybiria."

"Just when I was beginning to doubt if you actually had the intelligence to graduate from the Academy," she responded. "Yes, boy, I was Sybiria. Among others."

Constance walked up to her and they shared a passionate kiss. As she stepped away they also now shared a smirk; then a face, then a whole body. But it would be simple for a hologram to replicate its own form. I remembered their earlier embrace, locked on each other's cunts. Barrows took even masturbation to new heights.

"Please, Mistress," Janeway asked. "What is the reason for all this?"

"They are without discipline. And they have the audacity to ignore me for some pre-adolescent fantasy. They were in need of correction."

"There is no sequel," I remarked. Harry said nothing.

"No."

"You faked all of it. The books, the photos, the memoirs, everything."

"Yes."

We were so fucked. I couldn't really argue with her. I had been careless enough to be fooled. I had violated the policies of the Circle. I hadn't even been able to save the sham Earth.

I tried to save Harry. I took all the blame. That didn't work either.

"Harry is an adult," the Captain explained. "You didn't drag him here at gunpoint. He made his choices and he will have to live with them."

"Yes, Captain."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, Mistress," we both answered.

"This is a serious matter, and I am glad to have it brought to my attention. We will discuss how you will make it up to the crew later."

"Yes, Mistress."

"And put some clothes on."

"Yes, Mistress."

We gathered them up, and pulled on our pants. Barrows came closer.

"You should be grateful for this opportunity to grow. What do you say?"

We both kneeled before her. "Thank you, Mistress."

That's when the second Janeway entered the lab. The two Captain's stared at each other before they both spoke out in unison.

"What the hell is going on here?"


Episode Thirteen: The Triumph of Arachnia

Captain's Personal Log:

Stark black and white lab, half naked Harry and Tom, Mistress Barrows and, apparently, me. The headache sprang into the back of my skull. My doppelganger viewed me with an equal suspicion. One person would have the answers.

"Mistress," I asked, "May I be granted an explanation?" My clone turned to Barrows in agreement.

"Certainly Pet. I am administering some much needed correction to your errant subjects."

"And the other Janeway?" My duplicate asked.

"Is the original. I'm sorry, dear, but you are a simulation."

The duplicate was indignant. I couldn't blame her. The wheels were turning in Tom's mind.

"So then the rest of the crew was a simulation as well?" He asked.

Rest of the crew. The headache leaped to the front of my brain.

"Naturally. Anyone with a holocamera can do a likeness, but it takes a real artist to get the nuances of performance. I am particularly proud of my Kathryn."

My twin was every bit as annoyed as I would have been if I found out I was a hologram. "Excellent work, Mistress," she said. "Now if you don't mind..."

"Of course." With that the duplicate vanished.

Tom and Harry seemed relieved, until I turned my attention back towards them.

"Now then. From the top."

Harry spilled his guts. Tom didn't contradict him. Barrows filled in what gaps remained. My temples throbbed.

"Okay. I think I understand." I didn't really, not all of it, not fully, but I knew what had to be done. I took a deep breath.

"Mistress, thank you for your interest and your efforts. I only ask that, in future, you co-ordinate with me before undertaking such endeavors."

"Of course my dear."

That would not be the end of it, but the rest could wait until after the boys were attended to. I arranged a time for Tom and B'Elanna to sit down with Barrows so that Tom could explain what happened. She would be furious, but despite Tom's abysmal behavior, I hoped to make a case for entrapment. Barrows could be very persuasive. I don't know if the situation had been reversed whether B'Elanna could have resisted either. There was no point in having a similar meeting between Seven and Harry.

"You don't want me to tell her about it?" He asked.

"Don't lie. Never lie to Seven. I'll have a talk with her. The nuances of this... event... will be difficult for her to comprehend."

Harry nodded meekly. I rubbed my forehead and took another deep breath.

"Despite the extenuating circumstances you have both violated the play rules you agreed upon. I'm not going to get into a discussion about whether holographic pussy counts as the real thing. The issues are ones of trust and control,which are at the core of this lifestyle. You are both going to have to work very hard to make up for this. We will talk about it later. Dismissed."

"Yes, Captain."

"And put your clothes on."

"Yes, Captain."

They finished getting dressed and left with as much professionalism as they could muster. I stared at the cartoon laboratory around me and gathered my strength. So much for the easy part.

"Ridiculous, isn't," the Mistress said, pointing to the garish setting.

"Yes."

"I really had to step in, Kathryn. The rest of Voyager may not know about me, but the notion of the Circle playing in my abode without the slightest gesture to me is disgraceful."

She had a point. I wondered how I would feel if they had chosen to play Cowboys and Aliens in my Ready Room.

"I've never seen anyone more partial to the imaginary when they have the real thing at home," Barrows continued.

"True. Tom is running away from B'Elanna. They have issues."

"Then he should be addressing the matter with her rather than hiding here."

"I know. I know. They have a lot to work out. That is separate from the problem at hand."

"His lack of control."

Here we go. I drew from my headache, letting the intensity of the pain focus my will. "He's not the only one, Mistress."

"What do you mean, Pet?"

"This scenario was reckless and potentially dangerous."

"Have a care, Kathryn."

"Mistress, I mean no disrespect. I am yours. But I am Captain and the welfare of my crew is my responsibility. Regardless of Tom or Harry's behavior, your actions could have serious repercussions on their ability to perform their duties on Voyager. I must be concerned with every member of my crew, and I cannot allow anything to be a threat to their well being."

There, I'd said it. Now I held my breath and wondered if she would dismiss me. It was a mark of my training by both Barrows and Starfleet that I kept from shaking.

She blinked. She evaluated me with her enigmatic smile.

"You are absolutely right, my dear. I apologize. In future, I shall consult you beforehand."

Now I was trembling, I hoped imperceptibly. The relief, the joy, was indescribable.

"Thank you, Mistress."

"It really was a most amazing program." It was as if nothing had happened.

"I have no doubts about your skill or imagination, Mistress."

"Perhaps you'd like to tour it some time."

"Perhaps. But if you will forgive me Mistress, tonight I have a headache."

Home
42: In Which a Captain Corresponds with His Lady