SETTING YOUR WAR OPTIONS ON FKFIC-L: ------------------------------------ If you DO NOT want to receive the War story posts, do the following: Send to listserv@lists.psu.edu the following command in body (NOT subject) of e-mail SET FKFIC-L TOPICS: -WAR Note the colon in the command above! It's important! And here's how you GET the War: SET FKFIC-L TOPICS: +WAR And if you're interested in getting nothing *but* WAR posts, send the command: SET FKFIC-L TOPICS: WAR (Note that I've gotten rid of the + sign before WAR -- this tells the listserv that you want *only* WAR posts rather than that you want to *add* the WAR topic.) After sending this command, you'll get nothing from FKFIC-L except for posts with subject lines beginning in WAR:. Remember when posting war stories to FKFIC-L, start the subject line with WAR: (yes, the colon is important). NOTE: As of March, 1998, it is now possible to set the WAR topic on FORKNI-L. All options work the same as for FKFIC-L, just substitute FORKNI-L for FKFIC-L in all the commands. Commands still go to the listserv at listserv@lists.psu.edu. Remember when posting any war related conversation to FORKNI-L, to start the subject line with WAR: (as above, the colon IS necessary).