From: Rosorge@aol.com Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 12:38:43 EST To: A bunch of us Subject: Ger IV Weekend Hi all, A few words (if I can ever say anything in a few words) about the weekend..... First...I have no EMail for several of the attendees, so if any of you can contact the following would you pass on at least the money portion of this letter?: Vicki Thompson...Kath Yecko...Kathy Meeks...Leah Shaw...Karen McCamey... Jewell Wilmoth...Christi Brabham...Sandra Beranek...Shana Nolan...Lee Sobas... and Nancy Zeschmann.......Thanks Before I get to the money, I want to say how much we appreciate all of you. Ger said he had a great time, probably the best weekend for him! From all the comments on the questionairres you returned, it appears most of you had a good time, too. BUT...to paraphrase an old saying, "You can satisfy some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you sure can't satisfy all of the people all of the time!" We had a few complaints, but only from a few of you. For the one who didn't like the hotel and thought the service was lousy and the food only mediocre, we are sorry. We do our best, but cannot control everything. For the one who said I was rude to everyone, and the one who said they came to take pictures of Ger, not me, I can only say I regret it. I know I tend to come across as aloof and unfriendly, ignoring people, and...Rosemary says I can sound rude even when I am giving someone a compliment, but it really is that I am focused on the organization of the weekend, and tend to push other things into the background. I really don't intend to be rude, except maybe to the occassional one who I try to stop something before it gets out of hand. On the other hand, Rose talks to everyone and spends as much time with each of you as she can, maybe sort of evening things out. As for being around Ger when you took pictures, remember that shots were taken from every angle, so some of them would have unfortunately had me in them, but I was only around because Ger asked me to be, as he asked Rose to be around during the breakfast. To the few of you who didn't like the extra badge you got,we tried to give you one of your other favorites, and try to remember, it was just a little something we tried to give each of you, as was the $100 buckmarker, the stocking at breakfast, and the certificate of attendence, to try and make your weekend just a little more personal. Club sales????Last year we had so much to ship home that we tried this year to take just a little more than we thought we would sell. After the weekend we still shipped at least one of each book home, 10 badges, mugs, and TShirts (I guess there is never any way to judge how many of each size shirt to order.) We still sold more pictures than we did last year, and while I am sure if I brought 100 more they probably would have sold also, they will all be advertised in the next newsletter as sale items Now, for what you have been waiting for...a complete money breakdown will be published in the next newsletter... Income from the Auction, Open bid, Raffle, and the book Susan auctioned, the lobster Allie auctioned and Ger's belt came to.........over $26,700 !!!!! We had contributions for the hospital from other attendees of $1750.00...$800 from the 'dirty thoughts' bucket!!!! (Remember these are round numbers, and an exact figure will be in the newsletter.) At present it appears that the $50 registration fee will come very close to paying all expenses. While Ger comes to us free because he loves his fans, we still have his travel, accomodations, food, etc, and the hotel expenses for everything, plus other related expenses, but this looks like a record breaking year, thanks to you. Children's Hospital was amazed that a fan club could generate such generosity the year we made $6600.00!! They were almost overcome when last fiscal years total was $42,300.00!!! We may have to resuscitate most of them before this year ends!! Our best to each of you, and don't ever hesitate to get in touch with us. Rosemary and George -------------------- From: MSFRKNIGHT@aol.com Hi y'all, I'm back but half asleep. I got up Thursday morning and left and 3:30AM, drove an hour and half through thick fog to Gulfport. The airport was encased in fog. Departure time 6:45. wait, wait, 7am we load on the plane---a prop. 7:20 we unload. we need the fog to clear out 400 more feet. we reschedule our Houston flights to Phoenix and etc and sit and wait. 8:30 we finally reboard the plane and take off. arrive at Houston---and Chris D. had warned me. Thank goodness the lady at the Continental desk in Gulfport had ordered a cart for me!!!!!! More on my adventures later. Needless to say Ger was great. He didn't arrive until 2pm Sat afternoon. I finally bought something in the auction. A small "hanging" quilt with picture of FK on it. Couldn't afford some of the other things. The auction was split between Sat night and Sun morning. Thank goodness I didn't have a flight back on Sun. Ger stayed until 3pm signing items. Have to run. More will come. Wanda -------------------- Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 18:15:54 -0600 From: linda To: Black Harbour Subject: BH: G-4 Pics Hey All ~ The moment you've all been waiting for....... Some G-4 Photos are now posted on the Texas Knight Dreamer website !!!!! As I Check them out at the http://members.aol.com/jewelnotes/fk.htm Just go to the "TKD Gallery" and then follow the "G-4" links. In order to save time, I posted them all on one page, so it might take a few minutes to load, but trust me....they're worth it ! Be sure to keep checking back for new pictures to be added. -- Linda kingray@thrifty.net -------------------- From: Susankenn@aol.com Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 20:19:48 EST To: FORKNI-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU Cc: bharbour@world.std.com Subject: BH: Gerthering Report and BH Gerthering Report Hi I am not really good at this but since no one else has done it yet I am going to make an attempt. I got to the hotel Friday at 12:30 and was glad to see a lot of familiar faces. We registered and a bunch of us got together in the bar where they had a VCR set up to watch tapes. Folks brought some dailies and they were really neat to watch. Around 5:00 we all headed off to change and go to the cocktail party. At that time I didn't know that Ger was not going to make it and when I found out It didn't bother me because I was having so much fun with all the attendees. Its nice meeting the faces behind the e mail. Ger called in but due to technical difficulties only George could hear him. We all shouted hi and he said Hi back. Finally they were able to get him on the speaker but he got disconnected. Most of us left around 11:00 . Between jet lag and excitement I knew I was really tired. Sat morning the club meeting started at 10:00. Ger was expected between 12:30 and 1:00. We then draw some door prizes and played a game of FK pictionary. Susan Garrett then did a wonderful job of auctioning off her zine that her FK novel was based on. It went for $300+. Great job Susan. We were able to view the auction items and purchase various items such as photo's and zines. We broke for lunch and were told to be back by 12:30. At 12:30 we were all back and we found out that Ger's plane was delayed and he would be in about 2:00. So we had a blast singing filks. The time passed quickly and wow Ger walks in. He was wearing black jeans, an off white turtle neck and a black jacket and that neat black and silver belt. He looked gorgeous. Very fit and trim. We started with the Q& A session. Some points that I remember: Someone asked about the bracelet he was wearing (the one in all the photos of BH).He said his daughter Piper made him a friendship bracelet and he promised he wouldn't take it off. He said he filmed a scene in BH where Anonda gave him a bracelet but that was left on the cutting room floor. He was also wearing a pocket watch which he said his son gave to him. He said if asked he would do a 4th season of BH. He didn't feel the breakup of the partners would matter much. I can't say some of the BH stuff due to spoilers. I will post them to the BH list under spoiler protection. He did say that as time goes on the likely hood of a movie gets less and less. There is interest but Tristar still has not let go. He is working with his production company to produce a movie about Dylan Thomas. He also stated that Dave Thomas (Ghost Mom) is working on a series that Ger might do. Finally, he was offered a stage role in London which he is considering. He talked a little about his days at Boarding School ( he was there 7 years) and how it did or did not relate to what happened on Black Harbour. Around 4 we broke for autographs. Since we were late, 20 attendees volunteered to hold their session till Sunday. I for one want to thank them since I was leaving early on Sunday. Ger gave his time to each and everyone of us. We all got hugs but by the time we got to me (I was number 76) we got kisses along with the hugs. Someone (sorry can't remember who) bought a LaCroix Bear with a whip. Ger did marvelous things with the whip to say the least. Bunches of folks got their shirts signed while wearing them (g). The session ended at 7.45 and we were told to be back by 8:30 for the auction. We got to the auction at 8.30 and Ger came in at 9:00. He changed to bluejeans and a black tee with a jacket. From the minute to the time he stopped Ger did a fabulous job of getting those prices up. Some moments I can remember: He sold a set of wine glasses and Pillow case. Then asked that someone get a bottle of wine. He brought up the purchaser and filled each glass with wine and then linked them together to drink. He sold a set of boxer shorts with a light house in a very appropriate place. He put them on over his jeans and you can imagine some of the comments. This is a PG list and those comments cannot be posted here. He sold a set of 9 XMAS balls for 900.00 Again the comments to bring them up to the price was well -guess. A first season silk FK coat went for $3000 . The evil pink shirt from Games Vampires play went for $900.00. Props were sold (I bought Black Buddah props and got a kiss each time -worth it just for the kiss) and various items from Black Harbour were sold. A set of hats went for $800.00. A bunch of raffles were drawn by Ger and I was lucky enough to win one (and another kiss) The auction ended at 12:45. The next morning we met for breakfast at 9:00. Ger came in at 10:00 and eat and then around 10:45 started going over to tables. We were lucky in that we were the first table he visited. I was able to get the items bought at auction signed and get a good-bye kiss. He chatted and hugged everyone at the table and made time for the 20 or so people who postponed their session from Sat. In fact , I left at 12:45 and he was still going table by table. The rest of my account is from what I heard . Please anyone who was there fill in the details. They started the club presentations at 1:00 and around 1:30 they finished the remaining items at auction. He was asked to auction off his belt (he wears it all the time at it was in both FK and BH). The belt went for $1500.00. In conclusion I had a blast and to think we raised over $21000 for charity. Ger gave of himself completely. He kept going and going and going. He could have given up on the bids but he kept telling jokes, doing all sorts of things with the items that the prices kept going up and up. All in a good cause. Finally, Rosemary, George, Quinn, Allie, Gail, Sally (I am sorry if I missed anyone) did a fabulous job. I want to thank them and tell them that they should be very proud of how this event went off without a hitch. So , the remainder of the folks from this list who went please fill in the blanks. There was no video tape to review (the club has the only copy) so all of this was from memory. Susan susankenn@aol.com Knightie NNpacker -------------------- Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 00:21:30 -0600 From: linda Subject: [foreverknick] Linda's G-4 report-epilog From: linda It seemed like it lasted a lifetime and it seems like a lifetime ago already. Ger distorts time. It can stand still while your waiting for him and fly by in an instant whenever he is near you. The Gerthering was a different time and place , populated by people you didn't really know and yet shared your most intimate secretes and passions. There were adrenaline rushes and rising temperatures and giggling till all hours. There were strategies and battle plans , plenty of stress and some disappointments, and even tears. But the tears were mostly from the feeling of being completely overwhelmed by the whole event. Ger was always there for you. No matter how crazy things got , no matter how many things he had to sign , or folks he had to pose with , or kiss or hug or catch (heh heh) , he always cheered you up and made you feel like the most special person in the world. -- Linda kingray@thrifty.net Tx Knight Dreamer / GWDFC-G4 / Dark Knightie Nick's Harem / Caddywhack / Harbourlight / FkN -------------------- From: Susankenn@aol.com Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 01:18:40 EST To: bharbour@world.std.com Subject: BH: Spoilers G4 report Ger mentioned that he just finished filming the last episode which he also directed. He said we would all enjoy the last scene and he intimated it was with Kit . Then he gave us a little smile so who knows. As for the tuna he said they used a mechanical tuna and that the "acting was bad" and he said it wasn't' the fish. This was also said with a grin. He auctioned off the tee he was wearing while directing. It still had the makeup from his last shot. Well that's it as far as I can remember. I could have sworn he mentioned something about Kit and him sharing fluids but that can mean many things. Anyone else on the list hear him say that or was it my imagination. sue susankenn@aol.com -------------------- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 03:17:47 -0500 From: Mary Denhart Subject: BH: Re: Spoilers G4 report >Well that's it as far as I can remember. I could have sworn he mentioned >something about Kit and him sharing fluids but that can mean many things. >Anyone else on the list hear him say that or was it my imagination. >sue >susankenn@aol.com I remember something about shared fluids as well. I can't remember the exact words. But he did seem to imply something about Nick and Kit in the last scene. Or maybe that is just what I want to be implied, since I want them back together. Especially ever since 2nd season episode Sleep of Reason - one of my favorite episodes. I guess we'll have to wait to find out. December is going to be a LONG month. Mary D. m.denhart@cwix.com -------------------- From: "Marci Cheeseman" To: bharbour@world.std.com Subject: Re: BH: Spoilers G4 report Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:05:18 PST Sue, You weren't imagining it, or if you were so was I! He did say something about Nick and Kit sharing fluids and I seem to recall that it wasn't champaigne he was talking about either! I have to agree that the whole weekend was wonderful and the only bad part was that it had to end. Marci C. (one of the NUTS that bought the umm, 'Balls'and whose husband is still in shock over it!) -------------------- From: "Marci Cheeseman" To: bharbour@world.std.com Subject: BH: G4 Pics on my website Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:51:03 PST Just wanted to let you know that there are pictures from G4 on my website. It can be reached either by going to my main page, listed in my sig below, or directly at: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/3128/GER.HTML As I get more pictures in and scanned, (mine are still at the developers!) I'll be adding to this page. The page contains thumbnails to make it load faster with links to the full size pic. Just click on the thumbnail and you'll be taken to the large pic. Use the back button on your browser to return to the pics page. Marci C (aka Nightlady) Proud Survivor of Wars 8&9; G4 Attendee; N&NP; NH Wife #22; MadNat; Sr Delight -DSS Convent; KHS; NA; V4S; TxKD;KB;FKXS; GWDFC;NA; FoD;BH email:forevrnite@hotmail.com, forevrnite@rocketmail.com Web page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/3128/ -------------------- From: Susankenn@aol.com Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 18:06:16 EST To: FORKNI-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU Cc: bharbour@world.std.com Subject: BH: More G4 tidbits Hi I am adding more tidbits as I think of them. The weekend goes so fast its hard to remember everything all at once. Someone asked Ger for his favorite FK episode and his least favorite. He replied that he didn't have one he really hated. Some were better than others. He did say his favorite episode was the one where Nick went out into the sun. OF course we all yelled The FIX. He did mention another episode he liked but I can't for the life of me remember. Anyone else out there remember the second episode??? At the auction when he modeled the coat he did a swirl around - a really cool move. It was much too fast for the cameras so he did it again in slow motion. Hope my pictures come out on that. Other auction items: A fellow Member Chris R made some really neat pictures which Ger sold for 425. A black harbour crew vest went for $575.00 I bought Nick's resignation letter which Ger said he signed as Nick Knight and his Detective Certificate. (from Black B) The drivers license from Close call was also auctioned off. I believe the magazine signed by C Disher along with the forensic bag and bear went for 600+ That's it for now. More as I remember Sue susankenn@aol.com Knighties, NNpacker, UF -------------------- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:55:43 -0600 From: Sami Swan Thompson To: bharbour@world.std.com Subject: Re: BH: Spoilers G4 report Sue wrote: > I could have sworn he mentioned something about > Kit and him sharing fluids but that can mean many > things. Anyone else on the list hear him say > that or was it my imagination. ******* No, it wasn't your imagination. If I remember correctly, someone asked him if there were any more "champagne" love scenes, and he joked that the only fluids involved were bodily fluids -- but he was just kidding! Sami -------------------- Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:29:23 -0600 From: Terri A Wadsworth Subject: G-4, More Bits and Pieces, Part 1(Long) Hi Y'all! Marci wrote: >What can I say about G4 except that it was wonderful and surpassed my expectations!!!! All I can say is ditto. G4 was an incredible experience! There are a few details that I can add to what Marci reported though. So here goes(keep your fingers crossed that this makes sense): Thursday: Driving down to San Antonio to catch the plane to Phoenix on Friday, I had a YKYB moment. Going west on I-10 was a semi that read "Knight Transportation-Phoenix, Arizona". I think someone already reported seeing that truck but it seemed the perfect YKYB moment to begin my Phoenix adventure. Friday: The dailies watched in the bar heralded the institution of the lust bucket. Those filler shots of "Nick" in the loft were responsible for a great many quarters and dollars being tossed into the bucket, all for charity of course. When we had to vacate the bar because it was about to open for the evening, I wandered back to the main event room to check in. Squeals of delight and hugs would break out as attendees found e-mail pals or old friends. I confess I was doing a lot of the squealing and hugging as I put real faces with "cyber" names. I'm very proud to say that the Texas Knight Dreamers were at Phoenix in force! By mid-evening, everyone knew there was a large contingent of Texas fans there. 10 of us to be exact. We wore our buttons(THANKS, Linda!) prominently and with pride! We were disappointed but enthusiasm was not dampened when the call from Ger ran into technical difficulties. I went to bed full of anticipation for Saturday. Saturday: As Marci said Ger didn't get to the hotel until after lunch. While we waited for him, we played a game of "Piction-GER-y". Participants drew pics of episode titles from FK and BH. The beanie lobsters Marci mentioned were prizes in the game. It was fun to watch the participants struggle to represent some of the eps graphically. When neither team could "decipher" the drawing, the audience was given a chance to guess. I'll never watch "Hunters" now without my widdle lobster, Nick, on my shoulder. After the game, the filkers entertained us with various songs about FK and BH. And now the good part. You thought I'd never get to it, didn't you? Well, now you know how the excitement kept building through the morning as we waited for the magic moment when Ger appeared. And then he walked through the door! And oh my, my, did he look wonderful! He was wearing a cream-colored turtleneck and dark coat and pants. He was also wearing that melt-you-into-a-puddle smile that lit up the room.(Oooops, sorry, my Knightieness took hold there) He immediately began taking questions from the group. The western is on hold for right now but he still hopes to film it eventually. He didn't say much about the future of BH. The storyline of third season became a theme? for the weekend as he made a lot of jokes about "Nick" and "Jessie(sp?)". Hmmm, maybe that should've had a spoiler warning. Anyway, he kept us all laughing as he answered questions. Then came the autograph session. Ger spent a few minutes with each attendee, signing autographs and chatting. The session lasted the rest of the afternoon until we broke for supper around 7:30. The auction began about 8:30. Marci was right. If you want to participate in an auction that Ger is doing, you'd better have plenty of money! Marci's report dwelt a lot on a certain group of Christmas tree ornaments, so I thought I would mention some of the other items that were bid on. Two of the most memorable(IMO, I'm not an N&N Nut and they obviously have their own memories) were the "evil pink shirt" from "Games Vampires Play" and the black silk overcoat that Nick wore. Both were sought by many of the bidders and a hefty sum was made for the charity on those two items alone. Some other items were: Nick's wallet with the New York driver's license, and a detective certificate used in one of the FK eps(Black Buddah?). Let's see, what else, oh yeah, some boxer shorts with a northeastern motif and a strategically placed lighthouse. Ger modeled the shorts for us by putting them on OVER his own jeans. Ger kept us all roaring with his comments and the bidding on that item lasted for quite a while! I was sitting at the back of the crowd with Allie Percy and Carrie Crumtum. We had to keep reminding Ger to come to the back so we could see whatever he was modeling. You had to be ready with the camera though coz he wouldn't stay still. The man is a bundle of energy! Ger was also very adept at keeping bidders in suspense. He would take bids for a few minutes and then stop and make comments. When he would resume selling the item, occassionally the last bidder would up the bid against themselves! And then he would pause after saying, Going, Going...waiting to see if the bidding would continue. You'd think he was going to say "Sold" and then someone would up the bid and we'd be off again! Well, this is getting quite long so I'll put a few more memories in another post. Terri Eowyn3@juno.com or Eowyn@wcc.net GWDFC, Ecstatic G-IV Attendee, Knightie Co-Leader, Proud Survivor of Wars 8&9, War Correspondent Co-Coordinator, TKD, FKXS She can be taught! But only in little bytes! -------------------- Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 22:07:11 -0600 From: Terri A Wadsworth Subject: G-4, More Bits and Pieces, Part 2 Hi Y'all! Here's a little more of my memories of G-4. Saturday cont: The auction ended very late and while some people continued to party I went to bed. Sunday: I came down to the breakfast buffet and sat with some of my new friends. Our table was at the back of the room and it took Ger a while to make his way back to us. He was full of hugs and kisses for everyone. I must say having his arms around me was definitely an occasion to add to the lust bucket A few items did not get auctioned off Saturday night so Ger resumed selling them at about the same time I had to leave to catch the plane home. As I was leaving, Ger walked by and kissed me again when I told him I had to catch the plane. At this point, I must thank Rosemary, George, Quinn, Allie, Sally, Gail, Susan and Carrie for making the weekend so enjoyable! Hugs and waves to all my e-mail pals that now have real faces (if I try to name everyone I know I'll forget someone, y'all know who you are!) Hugs and waves to all my new friends too. My best and brightest memories of G-4 will be of all of you and of course, Ger. Terri Eowyn3@juno.com or Eowyn@wcc.net GWDFC, Ecstatic G-IV Attendee, Knightie Co-Leader, Proud Survivor of Wars 8&9, War Correspondent Co-Coordinator, TKD, FKXS She can be taught! But only in little bytes! -------------------- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 19:14:39 -0800 To: nataylor@teleport.com From: "Nancy A. Taylor" Subject: G4 Report Cc: Whole lots of folks My G4 Adventures (Dec. 4-6, 1998) by Nancy Taylor NATaylor@teleport.com My traveling buddy, Vickie Sykes, and I got on the Amtrak train headed to Las Vegas on Wednesday, December 2. We were headed out to join up with Michelle Loo and Susan Bennett in LV. Our seats on the train placed us directly in front of a "friendly" drunk. I swear the man never stopped drinking some sort of alcohol the whole trip. He kept chatting with us and we were relieved when he passed out and left us alone. We also had a mother with two young children a couple rows ahead of us, and one of the kids had a really bad cold. We were just praying we wouldn't get sick until this was all over. We couldn't sleep well on the train, either, so we got about 3 hours' worth during the whole trip down. That first train trip was the longest--approximately 14 hours. Then we were bused to our next train, and finally took a second bus ride (a 6-hour one) from Bakersfield, CA, into Las Vegas. As I was hauling my luggage to that final bus, the handle on my big, HEAVY, suitcase broke and I had to manhandle the thing the rest of the way. The total time from leaving Salem to arriving in LV was approximately 28 hours. The bus dropped us off on Main and Fremont Streets in downtown Las Vegas, right across from the casinos. Michelle was going to pick us up at the bus station! I had all four of her phone numbers (home, office, cell, beeper), and called them all--without success. We finally asked where the bus depot was and found out it was only a block away from where we were "stranded." We hauled our luggage down the block and were pleasantly surprised when Michelle and Susan found us rather quickly. We all piled into the back of Michelle's hatchback, and headed to Target to buy me a new suitcase. What a deal I got on that suitcase, too! The only one I found that met with my specifications was originally $119.99!! Thank goodness it was on sale. The shelf price said it cost $79.99. That was still a LOT of money, but I was desperate. I got to the checkout and the girl called in a price check. She rang the suitcase up for $29.99!!! My gosh, but I felt like I had stolen the thing! We finally got to Michelle's around 9:30 PM, and Vickie and I crashed for the night. We needed an early start on Friday morning to drive to Phoenix. Friday, December 4-- We headed off for Phoenix later than expected--around 8:00 AM, give or take a half hour (amazing how fuzzy this whole weekend gets). The drive was uneventful, but the four of us bonded very well with anticipation of meeting Ger. After a few wrong turns, we managed to find the hotel and get settled in. We met Carrie Krumtum, Allie Percy and Quinn on the way to our room, and stopped for a chat and some hugs. This was my first convention-type gathering with my Internet friends, so it was very exciting. After a shower and hair wash, Vickie and I went to check in for the weekend. I bought my weekend t-shirt and then roamed around the room, meeting a few people. After returning to our room, Vickie and I went out to dinner before the weekend's activities got started in earnest. Around 7:15 PM, we entered the meeting room--about 15 minutes before the official start of the activities. My biggest disappointment of the weekend was that when we got there, the photos (both the pre-autographed and those not) were gone. Someone had convinced Rosemary and George to put them out early, and they were snapped up before the festivities even began. As I had promised to try and get some autographed photos for some friends, this was terribly disappointing to me. Otherwise, things went fine. I was greeted by many new friends that evening. Vickie felt unwell, however, and excused herself to go back to the room. I stopped by there a couple times to drop things off and check on her. She had vomited up her dinner and was trying to sleep, after having a refreshing shower. Her nervousness, and lack of sleep, had gotten to her. I was worried that Saturday would be ruined if she didn't feel well enough to attend. I was very worried about her. I left the Friday night party a bit early myself, around 9:30 PM, as I was just too tired to "schmooze" anymore. Ger was supposed to call that evening, as he couldn't make the Friday party, but when he did, George accidentally hung up on him. They were never able to reconnect. Saturday, December 5 -- Ger was delayed in arriving, so the club meeting was pushed a little later than originally planned. Even so, I slept too late and didn't get there until the start of the day's festivities. There was poetry and filking to entertain us, and we all got to join in on a rousing chorus of "Jingle Bells," with slightly altered words. Nicholas, Nicholas Will you ever learn? If you go out in the sun You are sure to burn.... Hopefully, all the words to all the filks will be in one of the club newsletters, or posted to the lists. They were just too much fun! To keep us all happy, Carrie Krumtum devised a game of Piction-Ger-y -- a Ger-form of Pictionary. I was the lucky one called up front to draw the numbers of the players, but fortunately, my number wasn't among them. Ger finally arrived around 1:30, if memory serves. He went right into the Question and Answer session. I can't remember too much of what was said, but I do recall a few highlights. He looked luscious, too. His hair was cut shorter, but my, did he ever look young and trim. Good enough to eat. Mmm-Mmm!!!! (Yes, I *did* drop money into the "Lust Bucket" quite a bit this weekend. ) Ger didn't seem too positive about the western (Partners) he was to do with Tyrone Power, Jr. There's a fair-to-middling chance it won't even get filmed. Let's keep our fingers crossed for luck. Someone asked about his boarding school experiences, in light of the BH ep "Another Country." Ger told us that he actually enjoyed boarding school, except for the bathroom situation.... For one thing, there were no doors on the stalls, so there was never any privacy. The students had something like 10 minutes to take a bath--that included running the water, bathing, and cleaning up. He told of one student who had a tendency to "pass wind" and enjoyed teasing Ger. One day, after Ger had run his bath water, this guy jumped in and passed a LOT of wind in the tub. There was no way Ger was getting into the tub after that, so he took his punishment for it instead (a whipping or caning). He smiled as he told us how, when Galen was younger, they used to bathe together. When Galen would occasionally pass wind in the bath, Ger would freak out and Galen could never figure out why. **********************SLIGHT BH SPOILERS************************* Ger hinted at a reconciliation between Nick and Kit. He was saying how after two years apart.... Someone asked whether champagne was involved, he said no. He also mentioned Nick getting his "come-uppance." Now, whether this was the Jesse affair, or something else, he didn't say. Jesse became something of a joke as well. He was asked if he'd ever had an affair like that. He answered something to the effect of "Good God, no!" and laughed. After that, Jesse kept coming up in one form or another for the rest of the night. Ger sure knows how to milk a joke. ***********************END SPOILERS****************************** And that, unfortunately, is about all I can recall of the Q&A session. Next was the autographs. As I was Number 8, I was in the first group to get stuff signed. I thought I might be more nervous, but the Q&A had put me at ease with Ger. I even managed to ask a question that I've been pondering for about two years now. I told Ger how much I'd LOVE to see him do his own CD, with his own compositions, piano playing, singing, etc. He told me that he had talked to George, and that they actually had something in the works. Now, mind you, that's all he said, so what follows is purely speculation, but if he was talking to George Carr, then perhaps they are planning this CD as a club fundraiser for the charity. I was very excited to hear that. I took pictures of my friends getting autographs, then took off for dinner with Vickie Sykes and Terri Wadsworth before the evening's auction. The auction was a blast!!! It started around 7:30 PM, and lasted until nearly 1:30 AM. I managed to hang in there for the whole thing. It was just too funny to miss! Ger started getting pretty raunchy, and sexual innuendo abounded throughout the night. He was hawking some Christmas ornaments (balls), and well...think about that one. There were 9 "balls" and they went for $900!!! Incredible. He also managed to sell a "raw silk" (man, they got mileage out of that one) long black coat from FK, that went for $3,000. He also had one of the "evil pink" shirts from "Games Vampires Play" (also "raw" silk). My goodness, but he had fun with that one. He was in the aisles, walking across chairs. When he came down our side, he sat down for a while, then got up and skinnied his way right past Vickie and me. Vickie reached out to cop a little feel of his tushy as he went by. Of course, she did it when he was passing in front of me. Fortunately for both of us, he didn't seem to notice. I can't remember everything that went, or what it went for, but the FK game that Sami Swan Thompson worked so hard on (with many pictures donated by moi) went for $900 also. The auction earned about $21,000 for the charity, and I don't believe that even includes the Lust and Cuss Buckets or the raffle. There were so many items, the auction was continued after the Sunday breakfast. Sunday, December 6 -- The Sunday breakfast was very nice. After eating, Ger was presented with his gift for the weekend, a sword-in-the-stone, with a removable sword. As Ger has founded his own company, Roundtable Productions (with the name "stolen" from the GWDFC newsletter), he mentioned that perhaps the sword-in-the-stone could become the logo for the company. That raised a lot of applause. After that, Ger went around to all the tables to say his good-byes and sign autographs for those who didn't have the chance when time ran out on Saturday. Those of us who were Knightie War Correspondents in Wars 8 and/or 9, got to have our picture taken with Ger as a group. Unfortunately, we were being rushed, and Terri Wadsworth missed the picture. The table I was at was among the last two to be visited. We got more hugs, and I got myself two kisses (Vickie got three ). We were going home some very happy campers. There was more auctioning, but many folks had to go in order to catch plane flights. Even so, some of the items, including a couple quilts and the dailies for Curiouser and Curiouser, went for some very high prices. Although I didn't win any of the bids, I was very pleased to be a part of a group that raised such a large sum for charity. We had a wonderful time. After packing our bags, Vickie and I went in search of Michelle Loo, so that we could load the car. We saw Ger in the lobby, checking out of the hotel. Being too shy (yeah, right! I know, I know), we didn't say anything, but walked past and out the front door of the hotel. It was SNOWING in Phoenix!!! It was a rain/snow mix, but huge flakes were falling. Fortunately, it turned to rain before we started our drive home, and nothing accumulated on the roads. We *did* see snow in the desert, though, as we drove home. It was very strange seeing these huge saguaro cactuses with snow on their tips, or the Joshua trees with snow on them. A once-in- a-lifetime sight, I would say. After returning to Las Vegas, we dropped Susan Bennett at her hotel and Michelle took Vickie and me to visit the Excalibur Casino/Hotel. What an experience that was! We only dropped about a $1 each in the slots (guess we're not big gamblers), but we had fun shopping in all the little stores. I came home with a knight teddy bear that I named Nicholas de Brabant, the mortal Nick.... There were other goodies, too, but I think I'd rather not get into that discussion. Suffice it to say, we were inspired by Ger during the auction on Saturday. Monday, December 7 -- The trip home. I won't bore you all with the details of a long and mostly ho-hum trip, except to mention one thing that spiced it up for us. I spotted this one fellow at the train station in Emeryville, CA, who, when his head was thrown back in sleep, looked a lot like Nick/Ger. He had this lovely wavy blond hair, and was wearing a dark shirt, like Ger did during the weekend. He had a bit too much of a beard, but we overlooked that. He also had a ponytail, so we took to referring to him as "Flashback Nick." This guy boarded the train with us and was seated across the aisle and one row in front of us. Vickie and I had a wonderful time all the way home, trying to figure out how to get pictures of this guy. Mostly we got the back of his head. I only got one picture of his face, and it was partly cut off. Hey, I was trying to be discreet and look like I wasn't taking *his* picture! It was fun. We had a wonderful time. End of G4 report.... Hope you enjoyed! Huggers to all, Nancy -------------------- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 02:38:17 +0000 From: StormyNite To: nnpackers , Subject: NNPACK: Ger 4 Pics! Well of course it's another Gerthering 4 Page. Needless to say I had to add a few comments to each of the captions. Sorry it has taken so long, but Geocities has been giving me fits in uploading and editing. I won't bore you with details, since everyone else seems to be doing such a nice write up. Hope you enjoy the pictures! Stormy's Gerthering 4 Page (The annoying one with the camera!!!!) http://www.geocities.com/Area51/7160/Ger4.html Enjoy! Stormy -- StormyNite**nitewind@www.plantnet.com** **NN Packer to the End ** Hopelessly Hopeful Romantic** **Light Cousin***MadNatter*** X-File DieHard***Xenite**GWDFC** ******Only Love is Forever and Death Shall Have No Dominion******* >http://ns.plantnet.com/~nitewind/Main.html FK SciFi Window >http://ns.plantnet.com/~nitewind/Fiction2.html StormyNite Fiction -------------------- Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:41:50 -0600 From: CLone Star Software Subject: G4 Pictures Just wanted to let you know that there are pictures from G4 on my website. It can be reached either by going to my main page, listed in my sig below, or directly at : http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/3128/GER.HTML As I get more pictures in and scanned, (mine are still at the developers!) I'll be adding to this page. The page contains thumbnails to make it load faster with links to the full size pic. Just click on the thumbnail and you'll be taken to the large pic. Use the back button on your browser to return to the pics page. Marci C (aka Nightlady) Proud Survivor of Wars 8&9; G4 Attendee; N&NP; NH Wife #22; MadNat; Sr Delight -DSS Convent; KHS; NA; V4S; TxKD;KB ;FKXS; GWDFC;NA; FoD; email: clonstar@swbell.net, forevrnite@rocketmail .com Web page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/3128/ -------------------- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:48:59 -0500 (EST) From: Susan Bennett Subject: NNPACK: Another G4 Report (Long) G4 From My POV -------------- I'm sure I'm leaving some really neat stuff out of this post, but after G4 I spent four days in LV and apart from last night I haven't had any real sleep for over a week. Thursday, December 3rd ---------------------- My G4 adventure started December 3rd when I flew from Toronto to LV and met up with Michelle. I left my suitcase with her and entertained myself until she finished work -- which wasn't too much of a hardship in my favourite town . Later, we headed down to the Bus Depot to meet Nancy and Vickie. I put $10 into a change machine to get a pop and rather than the expected loonies, got a bucketful of quarters -- but they did come in handy over the weekend . Eventually we saw two women out on the street walking towards the Bus Depot. The image of Nick and Nat plastered on Vickie's tee- shirt suggested they might be who we were looking for . We would have noticed Nancy's tee-shirt too, but it was hidden by the broken suitcase she had to carry in her arms. I could only admire both Vickie's and Nancy's fortitude and dedication -- I never could have gone through what they went through to get there, and still be able to smile and laugh! Friday, December 4th -------------------- We set out for Gerville, formerly known as Phoenix, the next morning; and had a great time chatting and getting to know each other. When we stopped at Carl Jrs. for lunch, their computer suddenly broke down. (It wouldn't have been such a strange thing except that on the way back we stopped at Taco Bell and their computer suddenly broke down too! I blamed it on Nancy.) Another strange thing happened when we stopped at a traffic light in a town on our way to Phoenix. A "Knight Transport" truck passed us and we chuckled. Then we noticed a restaurant on our right side, proudly displaying a picture of a cheeseburger in a heart with the slogan, "Love at First Bite". That was just too eerie to laugh at! I started meeting fellow fans as soon as we checked in, including Liz from the TO Contingent. It was a strange feeling meeting someone you attend FK dinners with in Toronto, down in Phoenix. When Michelle and I went out to get our luggage from the car, we bumped into Carrie. After unpacking, we went downstairs and met up with others. The hotel had graciously turned over their lounge for a few hours, and FK out-takes and fillers were playing on the TV there. It was kind of strange watching the filler stuff without any background music - Nick laying on the floor, draped over his piano, etc. I have this stuff on my own tapes and always considered it boring -- after listening to the lusty sighs from the audience, I'll never look at these clips in quite the same light . I can't remember what we did after that until the Welcome Party. I can't remember. I just can't remember. I met a few more people on the way to the Welcome party, including Marg who I also know from the TO Contingent. By the time we arrived at the party, the pictures were all gone except for a few of Nick with his fangs. I had told my mom I'd get an autographed picture for her, but I knew she wouldn't want one with fangs. Sorry mom! Going into the meeting room to register, I met the fan club officials and other people that either I or Michelle already knew. Eventually, we got to a table and sat down just to "breathe it all in". I hadn't eaten since lunch time, and ate about a pound of popcorn before I finally realized there were sandwiches, etc. laid out on a table! Later on, Vickie gave Michelle and I these little tubes of flavoured sugar candy called 'Raven's Revenge' which was another FK tie-in. Ger was trying to get a call through, but it was unsuccessful at least to the point that we left. Michelle and I were pretty tired and went back to our room, which had a great view of what looked like the best room in the hotel. Real or imagined, to us it was Ger's room, and we won't be told any different!! (Hopefully the photos will turn out ). (Our fantasies were further fuelled on Sunday morning when Ger asked Michelle how she slept last night!) We spent the next hour or so unwinding and coming up with questions for the Q & A session. We came up with several questions, but neither of us had the nerve to actually put them in the jar! Saturday, December 5th ---------------------- Michelle and I started checking out the auction items and bought some raffle tickets. There were several items I wanted to bid on, especially some things that were crafted by other fans. We also checked out the silent bid auction items and started bidding on some of them including the 'Jane Grey' card that CD signed, a video that Michelle wanted, and a prop -- 'The Killing Mind' book from Jane Doe. (This was kind of strange too because Michelle and I were talking about that ep the previous day). There were some raffles while waiting for Ger's arrival, and my number was the first drawn! I won two tapes - one with 'Trilogy of Terror, Outer Limits, and Highlander'; and one with 'Other Women's Children' as well as a copy of the 'Performing Arts' issue with the blurb about Ger and his L.A. play. (Catharine Clemens was kind enough to have had one previously autographed and sent to me.) I haven't seen the 'Highlander' ep or 'OWC' yet, and don't have the others on tape; so it was quite a nice surprise! The raffles were a great break in the tension -- those few hours waiting for Ger were really nerve-wracking. Ger finally arrived in the early afternoon and there was a hilarious moment when he gave Rosemary his room key and she spontaneously held it up and asked for a bid! (Boy, I really wished I had a wad of money....) The Q & A period was interesting. Michelle and I were in one of the back rows, so didn't really get to see a lot of him. The whole feeling of seeing him 'in the flesh' was absolutely surreal to me, and most of the questions and answers just flowed through me without latching onto my brain. He did say that he had been trying to get Catherine Disher in an ep of BH, and (I think) that TPTB are leery of it. I know I would love it, particularly if she came in as a love interest . I don't actually watch BH (I agree with Ger that it is "slow"), but that would be one ep I wouldn't miss! He also said something to the effect re getting her on the music CD, that TPTB said they 'couldn't get a hold of her'. The one question that absolutely floored me, when the subject of Ger living in CA came up was, "When are you coming home?" As a Canadian, I felt an overwhelming sense of loss that is still with me. I can't remember if we broke between Q & A and autographs. I can't remember. I just can't remember. The autograph session was another tense experience for me -- and again it was the waiting for my turn. I was focused on only one thing - getting him to sign my Nick&Natpack card. I've carried the card around in my wallet for a long time, and I still remember looking at it and thinking to myself how wonderful it would be to have Ger sign it. (Needless to say, that card is now housed in a very safe place at home). Unfortunately I had no pictures, so the only autographs I got were my card and my Gerthering brochure. I asked Ger to write 'Nick loves Nat' on my card which he did, using the heart symbol like he did for Mel last year. Being so nervous and so focused on getting the card signed -- I never thought to make a move for kiss! All I remember is the feeling of our cheeks together. It felt good. Afterwards, I waited for Michelle's turn so I could get a shot of her and Ger. Michelle had spent a year doing a beautiful cross- stitch of 'the kissing scene' from NiQ. She showed it to Ger and asked him if he knew what it was (it's kind of hard to decipher at close range). He said, "It's me and Cath," right away and held it up for everyone to see. Michelle used the excuse that I told her he had to write 'Nick loves Nat' on it. He did - in FULL - and we have pictures!! Luckily for Michelle, she had enough wits about her to get a kiss! During the break after the autograph session, Michelle and I went back to the room and set the cross-stitch on the dresser. Like good N&Ners, we just sat and admired it for a long, long time . When it came time to go down for the auction, Michelle had a problem with her camera so we were a bit late. We didn't have a chance to see the latest bids on the silent auction items and after the main auction they had disappeared, so we lost out there. Our contributions for the weekend were relegated to the lust bucket, and we made good use of it. I hope I have some great shots of Ger from the auction, but I haven't got my film developed yet. Although we were in the back row, there were a few high bidders there to urge Ger to come around with the goods. He sure puts on a good show!! One of the items was a pair of boxers which he put on over his pants and the lucky winner got to help take them off. There were several funny moments. One I remember was the auctioning of Christmas ball ornaments that inspired a bidding war. At one point, Ger said something like, "Whoever touches these balls, they're yours forever," and someone went running after him with their arm outstretched! With the hour getting late, some of the auction items were held over for the next morning. Unfortunately for me, but wonderful for the charity, the $$$ soared well beyond my reach. I was moved by the generosity and dedication of those fans who obtained auction items. After the auction, Michelle and I retired to our room again for another bout of 'Nick & Nat' and 'Ger's room' watching. Sunday, December 5th -------------------- Up to our usual routine, Michelle and I arrived at breakfast after almost everyone else, but before Ger. As it was during the auction, there were a couple of pillars in the room, but we were able to find seats with a fairly decent view. The saving grace was that we were out of range of the video cameras during breakfast . The silent auction items had mostly been dispensed by the time we arrived, so we don't really know who got what. The remainder of the raffle items were raffled off, and eventually Ger arrived. For farewells, our table of four, including Jenn and Sami, was the very last one Ger visited. More tense hours! Unfortunately Ger was running out of time by then so we were a bit rushed. When it was my turn, I gave him a hug and asked if I could get a shot with him hugging me from behind but not biting. (Ever since I saw Catherine Clemens photo like that from G3, that's what I've dreamt about. ) His arms around me, his chest pressing on my back, and my hand holding on to his. WOW!! I was in 7th heaven and I have an absolutely goofy picture to prove it!! As he put his arms around me, he said, "I won't bite you," It was GREAT !!! Unfortunately, I was so focused on getting this shot, I forgot to get a kiss. I think I was the only person at the G4 who never got a kiss from Ger. On the bright side, if I ever get the opportunity again -- that's all I have to focus on! I really, really, hated putting the shirt I was wearing when he hugged me into the laundry today. My most embarrassing moment occurred when I happened to pass Ger in the hallway and didn't even notice! He said 'Hi, and I thought he said, 'Sue'; but by the time I even realized he was there, I was a few feet past him and didn't know if he was talking to me or someone else. If he was talking to me, I hope he heard my stunned, 'Hi' before he was out of earshot . My most memorable moment occurred Sunday afternoon. I had called my hotel in Vegas and was put on hold seemingly forever. Ger was in the Lobby and at one point our eyes met for a few seconds. Though it was nothing to him, for me during this tiny moment we were just two people. I no longer defined him as a character in a show, or simply by his profession, but saw him as a unique man whose name happened to be Ger. It sent shivers right through me. That's all the Gerthering stuff. Vickie, Nancy, Michelle and I headed back to Vegas. We had a great time the whole way, joking and laughing to giddiness in between Ger-dazing sessions (those lengthy periods of time when the car would become very quiet and the windows would inexplicably fog up ) ----------- Susan B. cd397@torfree.net -------------------- From: "Nancy Kaminski" To: "NNPack" , "FORKNI-L" Subject: NNPACK: G4 Report--Long! Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:04:17 -0600 Hi, All--- I've read with interest all the G4 reports to date, and I don't suppose I can add a heck of a lot. However, that's never stopped me from talking (or typing) before! Here goes the Minnesota version of what a friend of mine in Tucson called "Gerfest." I arrived on Friday afternoon, and joined up with my roomie, Cindy Ingram, at the airport. We've never met before so we were going strictly on descriptions---fortunately the slightly lost look on my face was a pretty good klew to Cindy who I was! Anyway, we grabbed a cab to the hotel and checked in. It wasn't hard to spot other attendees--the t-shirts, of course, were a giveaway, but they all seemed to be fizzing with anticipation! Of course I don't exclude myself---I could scarcely believe I was actually going to participate in the event. After dumping our stuff in our room, we adjourned to the bar and watched dailies with a whole bunch of people. Cindy and I were sitting at the back of the room, at the bar, and it was amusing to listen to the bartender trying to explain what was going on to the lone patron. "Some guy," he said. "Some actor's coming here." He had no idea! Later on was the reception, and I had the chance to meet more people I only knew from the lists. It was fun to see Marg Yamanaka and Liz Newman again---just last month they gave me the FK tour in Toronto, and I got to ride in Liz's lovely old Caddy convertible. I also met Terri Wadsworth, and Marg, Terri, and I had a wonderful discussion about dressage (that's classical equitation) and horses. This occurred several times during the weekend, much to the bemusement of those around us ("dressage" is a foreign language to most people, and we were going a mile a minute!). I blitzed around taking photos of people and admiring the auction items. I particularly coveted the New York driver's license prop, since I wrote 2 stories based on its existence ("The Reluctant Vampire Affair" and "Mischief NIght"). Little did I know how high the prices would go! We finally staggered off to bed, all talked out and a bit disappointed that Ger didn't make it, but looking forward to tomorrow. We breakfasted in the hotel cafe (Bacon! Tons of bacon! It was like reliving breakfast at LCA!) and flocked to the meeting room to await Ger. The dramatic reading of "Good Knight, Nick" by Susan Garrett, the filking, and playing Piction-Ger-y kept us occupied waiting, and of course there was more meeting people and talk, talk, talk! When Ger finally showed up I had that moment of unreality. Yes, he's here. Yes, I'm here. Wow! He looked great! (sigh) The Q and A was hilarious---and I had my little moment when I got up the nerve to ask him about The Belt. Did it have any particular significance, considering he wore it in so many episodes of both FK and BH? He looked a bit surprised, and then said, "Yes, it holds up my pants!" He then said that wardrobe had supplied him with 3 of them, and yes, it did seem he had worn it quite a lot---and had it on that moment! Yes! This particular item of apparel had become a sort of joke among my email buddies, and there it was, The Object of My Affection (a tip of the hat to Cindy Ingram!). It was a great moment for me. The day flew past. When it came to autographs (I was No. 23 in line) I felt pretty calm about actually talking directly to Ger. I had a couple of FK jackets for him to sign (it seems most of my suitcase was taken up by them) and a picture. Ger asked me where I was from, and when I said 'Minneapolis" he mentioned that the actor who plays Len on BH was from there, and that of course our Guthrie Theatre was quite an attraction for stage actors. I was happy that I could actually talk semi-knowledgeably about our new director, Joe Dowling, who is Irish, and who is doing a fabulous job. And then it was time for hugs and kisses, and from the dopey look on my face in the pictures, I enjoyed it immensely. I believe I glowed for most of the rest of the day. Later, of course, was the auction, with Ger auctioning up a storm (boy, can he drive a price up! And joke---my lord, he can just go on, and on, and on---and keep everyone in stitches!). I actually bid up to $250 for that driver's license I wanted, but alas, it went for over $600. I guess I'll just have to save my pennies for next time. After a good night's sleep (and a sort of Ger-hangover) we met again for the farewell breakfast. I was at a corner table so couldn't really hear or see what was going on at the head table, but that was all right---I had Jules Stafford, Cindy, Cheryl Hoffman, Terri Wadsworth, Wanda, oh, lord, who am I forgetting? to talk to. Anyway, it was finally time for Ger to stop at our table and say thanks and good-bye, and I got another chance for a hug and kiss. He asked me if I had enjoyed myself, and I sort of stumbled over my reply. He said, "Did you say you had a bitchin' time?!?" and I laughed and said, "Yup, a really bitchin' good time!!" I then daringly asked him if I could touch The Belt, and he said of course. So there I was, hugging him, tugging at the end of his belt, laughing my head off and muttering "This is so silly!" He kissed me about 4 times, and I was officially In Heaven. Then it was time to go off to the airport with Jules and Cindy, so we all three missed the final bit of the auction. Oh, well. Jules and I saw Cindy off to her plane, and then we went to pick up my rental car. It turned out we were both heading for Tucson, so I gave her a lift. That was a lot of fun---we talked about Important Girl Stuff all the way down, and I was sorry to drop her off at her folk's house. I finished up my Arizona experience by staying a couple of days at my friend Judy's house out in the desert, where she has 5 Lipizzans (one of them is my stallion's daughter) in her back yard. I spent those days recovering from G4, had a nice trail ride out in the desert, took a riding lesson from Judy's trainer, and generally smoozled with the horses and enjoyed the desert flora. (Word of advice---do NOT touch the plants. Ever. They bite!) One more thing---when I got back, I scanned the picture of me and Ger in a clinch and emailed it across the building to my coworker Barb, who had introduced me to FK over 2 years ago, titling the post 'How I Spent My Vacation." Three hours later my phone rang, and Barb screamed, "How did you manage THAT?!?!?!" Too fun---we have a meeting scheduled on MOnday for me to show her all my pictures and babble, just so she can be jealous. I expect to have a bunch of photos up on my website tomorrow---stay tuned! I'll let you all know the URL so you can share them. *** Nancy Kaminski--nancykam@pioneerplanet.infi.net *** Home Page/Fiction: http://pioneerplanet.infi.net/~nancykam *** "Happy is the heart of him who writes; he is young each day." *** Ptahhotep, Vizier to Isesi, Fifth Egyptian Dynasty, 2300 BC -------------------- From: "Nancy Kaminski" To: "NNPack" , "FORKNI-L" , "Black Harbour List" Subject: BH: G4 Pictures! Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 17:58:12 -0600 Hi, All--- I've finally found the time to put up my G4 pictures (why do they want me to work at work and not simply scan my personal pictures? So unreasonable! ) Go to my website (URL in my sig) and follow the link! Enjoy! *** Nancy Kaminski--nancykam@pioneerplanet.infi.net *** Home Page/Fiction: http://pioneerplanet.infi.net/~nancykam -------------------- From: LB To: foreverknick@onelist.com Subject: [foreverknick] Re: where are all the G-4 From: LB ankhnita wrote: > > hello everyone, > i was just wondering what happened to all the G-4. there hasn't been > much posting. or are you all posting > to another list? and if so where are you all posting? I guess some of us are sitting back and letting everyone else tell the tale. For me, it's all bits and pieces of memories. So much of the time I was just amazed that he was really there, and much of my memories are of how he acted with me and others around me. I do remember lots of "Jesse" jokes, and I'm glad there were a lot of questions about Black Harbour. I know that people still want to know about FK, but for him, that was years ago and he's since gone on to other things. I also remember how INCREDIBLY nice he was; I mean, I knew this from G3 and his play, but he's so consistent about it. There wasn't a request he denied, a question he didn't answer, a person he didn't make feel like the most special person in the world. I treasure the Black Harbour sweatshirt I got from the auction. There's no feeling in the world like getting dressed by Geraint Wyn Davies. ;) LB -- nickbait@injersey.com Dark Knightie/Official Nick Victim/FkN/Harbourlight/ BGoBH/PiC/Keeper of Bin Loc Nick/Untuned/G4:AHC "You're nuts, Lisa." Nick Knight, Father Figure "Bloom, close, kick him in the head." Fraser, Due South "No day but today."--Jonathan Larson http://members.tripod.com/~FranL/G3pix/LBpix.html -------------------- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 16:50:05 -0600 From: Margie Hammet To: foreverknick@onelist.com Subject: [foreverknick] G4 Report From: treeleaf@io.com I'm going to try to be coherent enough to write a G4 report. It's difficult. Every time I start thinking about G4, I fly right up into the air again. My husband is also a fan of Ger's, and he came to the Weekend with me. From the time we arrived at the check-in desk to the time we checked out, we were meeting other fans. There were a few people I knew before the weekend; there were people I'd only had the chance to talk to by email or at chats before; there were people whose names I'd seen in posts; and there were people I never knew before at all. Everyone was so warm and friendly. It was wonderful to meet Ger, but it was being with the fans that made this event so much fun. Some things I remember from the Q and A session - Someone already posted about Ger's favorite episode being "The Fix", and also thought he'd mentioned another episode that he particularly liked. I think it was "Feeding the Beast". But he said they filmed 18 extra minutes in that episode, and he thought that cutting so much out made it hard to understand. I asked him what they'd cut out, and he said there was a scene where LaCroix was carrying in the woman from the 12-step program. We assured Ger that they had shown that scene. Maybe what Ger was thinking of was the original CBS showing of the episode, where they did have to leave so much out. Someone asked about the ending to Last Knight, and Ger said that he didn't like the ending. Someone asked how he thought it should have ended, and he thought about it a little bit. He said he didn't think it should end with Nick becoming mortal or with Natalie becoming a vampire. He said it should end with a note of hope. He said he thought hope was the important thing. My husband asked a question about Black Harbour, but I'm going to leave that until the end, because it might be a bit of a spoiler for the most recent episodes. The autograph signing session came next, which gave people a little one-on-one time with Ger. I was so flustered, though, that I know I made absolutely no sense. I was very glad for the breakfast session the next morning, when Ger went around talking to all the fans again, because then I was able to say what I really wanted to say. General impression of Ger - This guy is fantastic. (Bet you knew I was gonna say that!) He is so giving to his fans and has an incredible way of being able to relate to people. All you have to do is give him some kind of cue about what kind of interaction you want with him, and he will give you that. (Okay, within reason. ) He can be playful and he can be serious. He has the most incredible way of letting you know that if something is important to *you*, then it's *important*. Ger has a great sense of humor. My favorite bit of humor during the weekend was his answer to my husband's question about Black Harbour. Spoiler space for BH episodes 305 - 308 > > > > > > > > > > Newton asked Ger if he'd ever had a relationship in his life kind of like Nick's relationship with Jessie. Ger grabbed the question and made a running joke through the rest of the evening. He yelled, "No, never!" in a protest- too-much sort of voice, and he turned around and claimed he wasn't going to look at our side of the room again. (He did, though. Whew!) Throughout the rest of the evening, every now and then, he would again say something about it, some kind of denial. Then, out of the blue, during the auction, he said, "Okay, I did know somebody named Jessie." It was hysterical. Margie (treeleaf@io.com) -------------------- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:05:05 -0500 From: LB To: foreverknick@onelist.com Subject: [foreverknick] Re: G4 Report From: LB treeleaf@io.com wrote: Throughout the > rest of the evening, every now and then, he would again say something about > it, some kind of denial. Then, out of the blue, during the auction, he said, > "Okay, I did know somebody named Jessie." It was hysterical. Okay, I'm bringing this out of spoiler protection because it's not really a spoiler and it really was a hilarious running joke. Especially when Mariel approached him. The second he saw this young'un, he backed away and put his finger up in the sign of the cross. Later on, at the auction, he was saying something about a woman, and a couple of us shouted out "Jesse!" and he made like he was really sad. One of the great things about Ger is that he hears EVERYTHING. LB -- nickbait@injersey.com Dark Knightie/Official Nick Victim/FkN/Harbourlight/ BGoBH/PiC/Keeper of Bin Loc Nick/Untuned/G4:AHC "You're nuts, Lisa." Nick Knight, Father Figure "Bloom, close, kick him in the head." Fraser, Due South "No day but today."--Jonathan Larson http://members.tripod.com/~FranL/G3pix/LBpix.html -------------------- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:05:16 -0600 From: linda To: foreverknick@onelist.com Subject: [foreverknick] Re: G4 Report From: linda LB wrote: > From: LB > > treeleaf@io.com wrote: > > Throughout the > > rest of the evening, every now and then, he would again say something about > > it, some kind of denial. Then, out of the blue, during the auction, he said, > > "Okay, I did know somebody named Jessie." It was hysterical. > > Okay, I'm bringing this out of spoiler protection because it's not > really a spoiler and it really was a hilarious running joke. Especially > when Mariel approached him. The second he saw this young'un, he backed > away and put his finger up in the sign of the cross. > > Oh it was even better than that. Mariel walked up to him and said "Hi I'm Jesse" and thats whan he put up the cross. -- Linda kingray@thrifty.net Tx Knight Dreamer / GWDFC-G4 / Dark Knightie Nick's Harem / Caddywhack / Harbourlight / FkN "I'm afraid I will have only you to get me through the day." Nick to condemned bimbos in Fallen Idol. (See Pit of) -------------------- Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:24:16 -0600 To: nnpackers@world.std.com From: cgi271@airmail.net (Cindy Ingram) Subject: NNPACK: Yet another G4 report (Long) I'm a little late chiming in with this. Most of the highlights of the G4 have been duly reported by others who attended. But there are a few things I haven't seen mentioned, so here goes ... Nancy Kaminski was my roomie (and a terrific roomie she was, too -- *very* funny). She's already posted her report, so I'll try not to repeat too much, other than to say she's a brave woman. She was the lone Minnesotan (along with Californian Cheryl Hoffman and Mississippian Wanda Kay King) at a table full of Texans on Sunday. And, as has been mentioned, Texas was well represented at G4 -- 12 of us, I think? The Texas Knight Dreamers we call ourselves, and we even had buttons to prove it. I tried to make the rounds during the weekend, but still missed meeting quite a few of you who attended. That was my only disappointment. So many people, so little time. If I'm ever lucky enough to go again, you can bet I'll arrive early and stay late! As Nancy mentioned, a bunch of us watched the FK dailies from Can't Run, Can't Hide and Unreality TV Friday afternoon in the hotel bar. But Nancy and I had almost as much fun listening to the bartender trying to explain our presence to the lone patron as we did watching the dailies. Especially when another man showed up and the original patron was then trying to explain it to him. And there was the classic moment when a man opened the outside door and started to come in. He stopped dead, took one look at a room crammed full of hysterically laughing women, and promptly hotfooted it out of there as fast as he could. Later, one of the hotel employees said he still hadn't seen this guy (Ger), and someone (Nancy?) told him he should just look for a man surrounded by a horde of adoring women. At the Friday night reception, Susan Garrett entertained us with her famous reading of "Good Knight, Nick," complete with illustrations from the zine, which was also on sale at G4. I'd heard about it and was happy to finally experience it for myself. It was a blast. Naturally, I grabbed a copy of the zine.( Anyone who would like one for themselves can get the info at Susan's site, I think. It's well worth it, and the money goes for a good cause.) The Texas contingent posed for several group shots, yelling "Yee-haw!" on demand. (What can I say? We're victims of stereotyping. ) Even though Ger's arrival was delayed on Saturday, we had plenty of fun while waiting for him, including the much-talked-about Piction-Ger-y that featured FK and Black Harbour titles (as well as flying lobsters ) and some pretty entertaining filks. I'd still like to know where I can find the lyrics to the FK filk set to the tune of "Jingle Bells." That's a real keeper! Nicholas, Nicholas Will you ever learn? If you go out in the sun You are sure to burn.... One thing for certain, Ger sure knows how to light up a room when he walks into it, as we learned first-hand when he arrived around 1:30 p.m. or so. (With that in mind, I suppose it was lucky I broke my glasses right before the Gerthering and was forced to wear my sunglasses all weekend. But it made reading name tags a little tricky. As a result, I had some terrific conversations with people whose names I didn't know and forgot to ask. <*sigh*>) Ger looks fabulous! Trust me, as good as the posted pictures from G4 are, they don't do him justice. I'm not sure they've made a camera that could. He got right down to business, discarding his jacket and perching himself on a stool as he started to talk to us. (Some people who shall remain nameless got him good later on at the start of the autograph session, when they stuck a squeaking lobster on his chair and he sat on it. ) Among the things mentioned: His western, "Partners," is on hold until or unless new financial backing can be found; he loved filming all the FK eps, but "The Fix" stands out in his mind as one of his favorite eps; he may do a play in London; he's not certain whether or not there will be a fourth season of BH, even though the ratings are good; and his own production company has a film about Dylan Thomas in the works. (Hope I'm getting all of this right. I didn't take notes.) Also, he said he keeps trying to get Catherine Disher on BH, but TPTB are leery about bringing any FK regulars in as guest stars. And when someone asked him about the possibility of doing the FK novels on audio tape, he seemed quite taken with the idea. Is this something else we should start lobbying for? I think Susan Bennett and Michelle were two of the aforementioned people I talked to briefly without even realizing who they were. Darn! I remember complimenting Michelle on her cross-stitch of the NIQ scene. I was *very* impressed with it. She said she'd worked very hard to get it finished in time for G4. About a year's worth of labor went into it, I think she said. It definitely showed! I also saw the FK jackets Stormy handles, and all I can say is ... I want one!!! I missed out on talking to Stormy, too, but she'll be hearing from me very soon now. I'm placing my order ASAP. They're really great! Linda Sriro, the fearless leader of the Texas group, told Ger how people in Texas say his name: Gear - aint! He got a good laugh out of that. I was in the first group going up to the autograph table, but when my turn finally came, I suddenly couldn't think of anything to say. Which was a little frustrating since I've spent the better part of 18 years interviewing people for a living, including the occasional celebrity. I never had this problem before. Ack! There's just something about that man. Luckily for me, I got a second chance to exchange a few words and hugs with Ger at the breakfast just before Nancy, Jules Stafford and I had to rush off to the airport. I told Ger that the day before I flew out to Phoenix, my glasses were so thrilled at the prospect of seeing him they exploded with excitement. He seemed to get a kick out of that, and it ended the weekend on a real high note for me. (Gee, I'm sooo easy. ) Jumping back to the Saturday night auction, the ballroom where the auction took place had a very large, mirrored pillar right in the middle that blocked the view from one side of the room to the other, and Ger decided right away that it had to be moved. Unfortunately, the pillar didn't want to cooperate, so instead, Ger had people make an aisle that would let him circulate through the audience while he auctioned off various items. Of course, once he just walked across on some empty chairs. A lot of people have already reported how incredibly funny Ger was and how he could drive up the bidding like nobody's business. As my buddy, Nancy, recently said, "That man could sell freezers to Eskimos." But he wasn't the only one who got in a few good ones. At one point, during the bidding for the black silk overcoat Nick wore during first season, Ger was moving around the room saying, "$1,200. I've got $1,200." And one of the bidders (who eventually got the coat) shouted out, "I have to say it -- $1,228!" It cracked up the room and Ger right along with it. In addition to some FK props and scripts, there were a number of terrific items donated for both the silent and live auctions: a *gorgeous* portrait print of Nick from the Near Death flashback by Dorothy Elggren; a set of three *beautiful* prints of the FK characters that defy description by Chris Rosmini; an elaborate and very funny FK board game created by Sami Swan Thompson (another Texan); a Starlog magazine and Jean Gray trading card from Monique Kraft, both autographed by Catherine Disher; two lovely quilts (but I didn't catch who donated them); and many other great items I'm forgetting to mention. Oh yeah, there was a picture called "Girl on Fire," taken from the flashback of Trophy Girl where Nick is in the act of stealing Uncle's lunch (or dinner, whatever). It was donated by Linda Sriro, and the lucky bidder not only got the picture, but also a reenactment of that pose -- twice. They did it for picture-takers on one side of the room and then did it again for the other side. At the Sunday breakfast, I sat at a table with roomie Nancy, Nunkies Anonymous High Priestess Jules Stafford (Who didn't hit it off with Ger at all! That's her story, and she's sticking to it! ), Terri Wadsworth, Cheryl Hoffman, Candy Vogel and Wanda Kay King. Since we didn't have anything for Ger to autograph that morning, we were referred to as a kiss-hug table. (Has a nice ring, don't it?) We were one of the last tables Ger reached, but luckily he was able to make it before half of us had to rush off. I can't say enough nice things about Ger and the GWDFC volunteers. Thanks to them and fellow G4 attendees, I think it's safe to say we all had an absolutely terrific time! And based on G4, I'd also have to say all the reports about Ger are definitely true. He's a lovely man, charming and charismatic and friendly and funny and witty and extremely generous. (Did I mention I really enjoyed myself? ) Cindy Ingram cgi271@airmail.net "In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move." -- Douglas Adams. ------------------- X-Persona: X-From_: bounce-foreverknick--4523-nataylor=teleport.com@onelist.com Tue Dec 15 22:57:06 1998 Return-Path: Delivered-To: nataylor@teleport.com X-Originating-IP: [208.255.228.154] From: "Mariel Quevedo" To: foreverknick@onelist.com Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:56:59 PST Mailing-List: list foreverknick@onelist.com; contact foreverknick-owner@onelist.com Delivered-To: mailing list foreverknick@onelist.com List-Unsubscribe: Reply-to: foreverknick@onelist.com Subject: [foreverknick] Details Details 1/5 From: "Mariel Quevedo" So here it is: my complete, unabrigded, vastly detailed, more-than-you-wanted-to-know Phoenix Report. I have broken it up into bite-sized pieces for your sanity :] But first, my December horoscope according to Self magazine. Cuz its cool: This could be a banner month. The days following the full moon on * THE 3rd * and the new moon on the 18th are prime time for flirting :] * You'll be transported above the hum of routine life to an idyllic oasis compliments of Cupid. * :] And now, the story of just such an oasis: I got to the hotel on Friday afternoon at about 3pm. I was so nervous I was close to tears. Why? No idea. I knew I probably wouldn't meet Ger until Saturday. So I saw all these ladies with badges everwhere and I wasted no time in introducing myself and telling them I was going out of my mind. They were very comforting and sweet. I decided to find my room and on my way I met a fabulously nice lady named Ellen Burn (shes on the main list and N&NP) who instantly adopted me for the weekend. She helped me find my room where I met my wonderful roomies, Nancy Taylor and Vickie Sykes. I said hello briefly and then Ellen and I went to the lounge where a bunch of the gals were watching Cant Run Cant Hide dailies. I recognized Lisa from pictures (and maybe also the fact that she was nearly falling out of her chair over Bin Loc Nickie :]) so I went over and introduced myself. We drooled together during the lovely Canadian Outtakes tape (Nickie on the floor, Nickie at the piano, Nickie on the ledge, Nickie filling bottles o' blood) and then retired to our rooms for a bit until registration. Ellen and I got there early so I was lucky enough to be able to snag two G3 glossies and the LK blooper script for autographing possibilities. This is officially the first terribly exciting moment of the weekend. Ellen says to me "Wanna meet Susan Garret?" Now, you guys may not think this is a big deal cuz she's on the main list and everything and shes basically just a fan like all of us, but shes also a published author and a damn fine one in my opinion. I come from a large family of writers so I don't take their talent lightly. I was thrilled to get to meet her. I also met Karan and Linda at this point. They are both marvelously funny and sweet (but then, you know that!). Much later I spotted Anita so I went to say hi and I met MC who is just a doll. Saturday morning I got up at 8 and hung out with Ellen till the meeting. After the meeting (completely nervous once again because I had no idea what time He was going to arrive) Ellen and I grabbed some breakfast and then mingled and wandered until Zero Hour. I totally forget what time that was, but I guess you guys are saying it was 1 or 2 so I'll go with that :] We were told to take our seats and that's when the filking and such commenced. The gals were great, but I have to admit that I was enjoying myself all that much. That weekend has the record for Mariel's All-Time Most Severe Mood Swings. I was nervous and depressed. And then He walked in. (Caution: Overly dramatic teenaged perspective of real events. Proceed at your own risk) My goodness. I will never forget that moment. When he walked in he was wearing a long black coat, smiling hugely, and saying hello. You know how everyone says he looks so much better in person and he looks so much younger with short hair? I never believed it. Come on, how could he look * better *??? And I really like the fluffy blond look on him. But I am here to tell ya, it's all true. He's just amazing. Short hair, long hair, who cares, when you're sittin' there in the same room with him, he just looks fabulous. He was wearing an off-white turtle neck and blue jeans (and beautiful black suede shoes all weekend). He sat down and said hello and started the Q&A (he wasted no time in dropping an entire roll of quarters generously donated to him into the Cuss Bucket). At this point, it was all far too much for me to handle. I knew I would do it, I honestly did. I buried my face in Ellen's sweater and bawled my eyes out. Fortunately, she didn't mind :] Eventually I came to my senses and enjoyed his presence. He was adorable and hilarious and every other extremely positive adjective you can think of. By the way, quotes may not be exact due to the distractingly gorgeous speaker :] He was talking about filming BH and doing the [ahem] bed scenes and some guy has got a measuring tape out in between the takes and he said "You know, what are they measuring?" (looks self-conscious) "The tape LIES!!" (due to the PG rule, I will not explain that one :] ) Then of course there was the Jesse question. We are all eternally grateful to Newton for providing the best source of comedy for the whole weekend :] And of course, I am especially grateful to him (and Anita) for giving me my opening line at the autograph table! Another of my favorite moments was when Rose handed him a question someone had turned in on a piece of paper. He reads it, smiles and says "Exactly, yes. I won't actually tell you the question. But yes." All with that mischeivious smirk on his perfect face. He was kidding of course and the question was whether or not the two kids in the background of this scene from (goodness, cant remember the ep!) were Pyper and Galen. Yes, they were (helps alot not knowing the ep, huh :]), and after them was Catherine Disher's baby, carried by her nanny, just for your info. He used a really great word instead of "baby" which I can't recall. Anybody remember? I don't think anyone else mentioned the other fabulous running joke which was when someone told him about this commercial (for BH?) he had done where he says "Any questions?" and I guess they had seen the outtakes because they said he did the line over and over with a bunch of different inflections and degrees of "charm", as she put it. Ger didn't remember or understand what they were talking about (a bunch of people remembered seeing it) so I think it was Allie or Quinn or Sally who walked in and was asked to explain what she meant to Ger. All she said was "Oh, I was just amazed at how you can turn it on and off" to which Ger replied "And now, so am I!" Next up: Mariel's first kiss... I was quite far down in the ranks as far as the autographs so I mingled nervously for quite a while, enjoying Ger's ever-so-accomodating and flirtatious antics at the table. Then right as I'm about to go up Anita gives me the line and of COURSE I'm going to say it!! Who would waste an opportunity like that?? And I had thought of a few little items myself so there I went. I was so damn nervous. Of course, I wrote down everything I wanted to say on my little tiny notebook so I wouldn't forget :] Wow, I am shivering just writing this!! I am totally reliving it. Anyways, there it was, my moment. I walk over and extend my hand, big ol' goofy smile on my face and proudly announce "Hi, I'm Jesse!" At first he was like "Hello" and then he did a fabulous double-take and shouted "God, no!" and picked up two wooden pencils and made a cross. Naturally, I was hysterical. I sat down and assured him I was kidding. He put his arm around me and said "Oh good!" and I took out the notebook. I told him I wrote everything down so he leans over and says "Good, let's read it out loud together, shall we?", grinning adorably. I hid the words and said "NO!" and he laughed. First off, I told him I was horribly nervous and he told me not to be. Then I told him the first time I'd seen him was when I was 10. He looked interested and asked where. I said Airwolf and he buried his face in his hands and said "Oh god. If I'd met me for the first time on Airwolf I'd be scared too!" I told him he was my first crush which he thought "very cool". He asked where I was from and I told him we were moving to Mammoth (a ski resort in California) and he said he loved it there and that he and his family are going for a week at Christmas which I tried not to be too incredibly excited about :] Next, I handed him the ice cream sketch Ankh did and told him how I'd won it in the ice-cream naming contest. So he was trying to think what to write on the picture and he goes "Hmm...Chocolat de Brabant..melts in your mouth?" and I said "No, * I * melt in * his * mouth!" (meaning Nickie of course) and fortunatley he got it and said to the rest of the gals "Hey that's a good one, did you hear that. No, let's not go there!" So he signed it and I didn't read it till later but when I did I seriously almost fell over. You all know what the sketch looks like, right? Nickie, vamped out, mouth open, enjoying a melting cone of chocolate ice cream. So Ger writes "To Mariel, Lick very slowly! Love, Ger" Take a minute to fan yourselves if you wish. Ok. I lied. The Kiss is Next :] ... So then he put one arm around me and covered my hand with his and we smiled for pictures. He kissed my EAR. I think he was aiming for my cheek, but who the hell cares, he kissed my EAR!! Wow. Then someone (whom I love dearly) asked him to kiss me again so I turned my face to him and we looked at each other for a moment and [drum roll, trumpets, confetti, fireworks] he kissed me. Now, you wanted details, so here goes. His lips are just exactly as soft as the look. And delightfully wet. And, just for good measure, his mouth was open. And that, friends, was my first kiss. Thank goodness I didn't waste it when I was 5 years old on some silly kid next door. Thank goodness I didn't waste it in high school with any of my silly crushes. Thank God it was with the man I respect and admire and adore the most in the whole world. And no, I am not taking this for more than it was. It was just a kiss, something he gives each and every one of his adoring fans. But it was fabulous :] And that was that. Don't ask me to remember anything after that until the auction because how was I supposed to be coherent after he kissed me??? And in case you're wondering, no, I didn't write down the quotes while I was sitting there with him!! The auction was incredibly long and I don't think there was a single moment when he was serious. The other ladies have recounted most of the highlights and at this point I can't possibly describe all the others in detail but the quote list I have is mostly from the auction so if you want more details, email me privately. Suffice to say that I was in the second row and it was the most fun I've had ever in my life. He is too much. When they ended the auction Saturday night I immediately got up and went over to him before I could think better of it. I got his attention and he took both my hands in his and leaned down to listen to me (cuz he's tall, if you hadn't noticed!). I told him about the first kiss thing, for which I was rewarded with two more :]. I wanted to thank him and tell him what it met to me but I can't recall the words at this point cuz my heart was beating so hard I think Ger could hear it :] A bit later I was standing at the door with Lisa and Ankh and MC and he walked by and kissed us all goodnight. I am not kidding you, I could literally not stand up. When I got back to the room Nancy and Vickie were in bed but not asleep and I yakked their poor ears off with all my giddy silliness. Sorry ladies! And now on to Sunday. He went around to all the tables to say goodbye and damn if I wasn't nervous again! He had forgotten my name so he defaulted to the "Hey, you" but when Ger says it he makes it sound like he really cares about you, as weird as that sounds. He says it with this big smile as if to say "I didn't really forget your name. 'You' is a pet name. No, really." Not that he's insincere-my GOD, if he's anything, it's sincere! I watched him as he hugged everyone and if you could see the look on his face...he closes his eyes and smiles this content smile like he's hugging his oldest, dearest friend. See, that's the thing about Ger. I mean, correct me if you think I'm wrong ladies, but doesn't he treat everyone like his closest friend? That's the impression I got, anyway, at least from watching him with the other ladies. After Saturday night I think he may have been a bit uncomforatble with me but I try to make myself believe it wasn't because I told him about the kiss. I hope to God it's all in my head. I wanted so much for him to like me and understand how honored I was to meet him and if I said or did anything that made him the least bit uncomfortable I would never forgive myself. So he says "Hey you" and kisses my cheek and hugs me and we pose for a couple of pictures and then he takes my hands in his again (damn I love that) and leans down to ask me if I had fun. I assured him I did and then-get this!! He said, and this is a direct quote: "I love the way you dress" as he surveyed my velvet attire. Geraint Wyn Davies likes the way I dress!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck universe did I just land in????? He thanked me for coming and I thanked him and told him I was so honored to be there and then *I* hugged *him* (this one was longer :] ) and he kissed me again (#5 on the lips :]) (not that I was counting) And that was that. After he was done with everyone they gave him his gifts (the sword in the stone and the "Not Quite As Good As Olivier But Better Than Emilion Estevez Award" as a consolation for the Geminis). At 2pm I said goodbye to the gals and then on my way out the door I tapped his shoulder and said a quick goodbye and got another taste of those fabulous lips. And with that, it was over. As I left Phoenix I was delighted to see that it was positively pouring rain because I love rain and that's just me, I'm weird that way. :] And then it started snowing. The final miracle of the most unbelievable weekend of my life. I honestly don't recall a time when I was happier than those two days. *Mariel* Keeper of the Yummie Boys Proud Member of the GWDFC V.P. of the SGF -Contradiction is Balance- -Silence is Death- -Watch More TV- "You warm my dead heart, Nicholas."--LC, UTV -------------------- From: "Mariel Quevedo" To: nataylor@teleport.com Subject: quote list Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:16:01 PST Gerthering 4 Quote List (as compiled by Mariel Quevedo) Various Quotes: "We should've gotten drunk first"-Susan Garret and the Filkers "This makes me wonder why we spend all that time protecting your reputation."-Rose to Ger during auction. Ger Quotes(in chronological order. I think): "You're DEAD to me!"-to Newton, jokingly, after Newton asked The Jesse Question. "Have you been bonged lately?"-joking about what he and Paul Gross were laughing about at the Geminis. "It was interesting to be bonged in a tux." "The tape LIES!"-regarding what the heck those guys are using those measuring tapes for between takes of the BH Nick-and-Kit-in-bed scenes. "I can say pretty definately, no!"-when asked to sing. "Exactly, yes. I'm not actually going to tell you the question. But yes."-reading a question on an index card. "This is an armadildo-I mean. . ." -playing with Karan's stuffed Armadillo. "If I met me for the first time on Airwolf I'd be scared too!"-when I told him I was nervous. "If Nigel asked me to lick his chest . . . it was probably in a bar . . ." -when asked about the Uffish C&C outtake. "No, I don't think Nigel said, "Hey Ger, lick my chest." I just don't see those words coming out of his mouth. Now I may have asked "Hey Nigel, mind if I lick your chest?" "What I'm suggesting…is to move the pole."-to George regarding the unfortunate obstruction in the auction room. "The good news is, those are my fingers."-looking at picture of himself with his hand in a, um, strange position. " 'Betty Grable, eat your heart out.' Oh, I hope she wasn't hungry!"-reading one of the auction sweatshirts. "Do I hear $197.63-for an accounting nightmare?"-getting carried away with the bids. "Daniel Day-Lewis wanted this role!"-referring to the excellent Trilogy of Terror. "What can possibly be wrong with a job where you do this all day?"-looking at Linda's Girl On Fire picture. "Yes, but how was it different from all the other episodes?"-inquiring about Trophy Girl after somone described it as the one where he got to eat the beautiful virgin. "Because you should always go to sleep with an erection."-selling the BH boxers with "well-placed phallic symbol." [a lighthouse - ed.] "You know, I'm a classical actor."-strutting around and being silly, wearing the BH boxers over his jeans. ". . . these lovely glasses etched with, um, a phallic symbol and a depiction of a guy who has just scored."-selling wine glasses with lighthouse and DfF Victory Spin. "These pillowcases are excellent for . . . pillows."-selling the BH pillowcases. And quite expertly, I might add. "In my fantasy, there are three with lipstick stains, and one that I'm drinking out of."-sharing his feelings on the set of four wine glasses and two pillowcases :] Someone in audience: What color lipstick does Nigel wear? "What kind of underwear does Nigel wear? Same as his lipstick. [Cracking himself up at this point] It's a very natural color!" "You know, once you touch the balls, they're yours."-after giving some ladies a closer look at the Christmas ornaments. "This isn't actually a mousepad. It's a [tosses it to the ground] rugburn protector."-regarding BH mouse pad coupled with another of the "erection" items. He went on to demonstate that it was better to use it for the forehead . . . "300 . . . do I hear 80?"-not quite counting right during the auction :] [the next quote comes from the discussion during the auction of delivery men and what to wear to get them to come into your house. Ger related it to nearly half the auction items. The ones he didn't relate to the pillowcase/erection theme. Or the "raw" silk theme. Or the Christmas Balls theme. Anyway, someone suggested that Nigel was the delivery man so naturally I asked what Nigel was wearing.] "Nigel is only wearing a pendent. It's a big pendant. With a very long chain. In fact, when Nigel first started out in England, they used to call him Long Chainey." "I don't think this condom was made for me. Lets see!"-playing with black condom in Nick Forester's wallet from "Close Call." No, we didn't actually find out if it was made for him. :] "Klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew klew . . ." -selling Sami Swan Thompson's board game (which had cards labeled Take a klew from LaCroix), someone in the back offered "five dollors for every time you say 'klew.'" " 'You do amuse me, Nicholas. [Laughs] Now do that dance again . . ." -one of the many extremely wonderful Take a Klew from LaCroix cards in Sami's game. "This hurts almost as much as not getting the Gemini."-reaction to the Not Quite As Good As Olivier Award. "What I'm going to do . . . is send this to Paul Gross."-referring to the NQAGAOA. "It's really a great feeling to look around the room and realize that you've kissed everyone!"-after Sunday goodbyes. Everyone piped up that he hadn't kissed George. Indignantly, Ger replied "George is not in my fantasy!" "Actor Man!"-donning auction quilt and posing like a superhero. "You know, in certain lights, Nigel looks a lot like Cath."-trying to defend the Uffish C&C outtake. "100 for Nigel and his nipples . . . 150 for Nipples Bennet . . . do I hear 175 for Mr. Bennet-But-You-Cant-Break-It?"-selling the C&C Dailies. "Its funny because Nigel actually calls his nipples 'Curiouser' and 'Curiouser'." And now for the mushy ones :] "I want to thank you all for coming. Because when we all get together and have fun-that's what it's all about."-Geraint Wyn Davies. "I'm taking the train, but Im flying home."-Isabelle, summing up the general feeling of euphoria on Sunday monring. Most-used Words by Ger At G4: Erection Jesse Balls Cool Klew Absolewtly Nipples Raw silk Most-used phrases: I have never met a girl named Jesse!!! Any questions? God help us. I'm sure I forgot something good so please add anything you remember and hopefully we will end up with a complete list. Thanks. *Mariel* -------------------- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:37:37 -0400 To: foreverknick@onelist.com, NNPackers@world.std.com From: Vickie Sykes Subject: NNPACK: My G-4 Report Hello Everyone!! I am not real sure how to go about posting this little bit about the G-4. As you can tell, I am not much at writing on list--I am one of those who just enjoy lurking :)--but after this past weekend, I think I have gotten much braver, as Nancy Taylor will say. It was so wonderful to finally put faces to all the people I have talked with via computer--now if I can just remember the names when all the pictures are developed. :) At least Nancy was smart enough to take notes and write them down as she took her pictures. My trip began on Dec. 2nd when I and my best friend, Nancy Taylor, boarded the train here in Salem. This was both our first time on a train--well almost first, Nancy had been on a train when she was close to 7 or so, we won't go into how old she is now, because that would get me into trouble. :) Anyway, it was a long ride as we had to change several times to the bus and then back to the train, and then another long bus ride to Las Vegas. We were a bit lost when our bus dumped us off at a Casino in downtown Las Vegas. We thought we were getting off at a bus station as we had Michelle Loo and Susan Bennett waiting there for us. ["Hi" Susan and Michelle!!] Anyway, we finally found the station and both Susan and Michelle were there to greet us. We headed to Michelle's compact car, :) but had to make a stop at Target first because on the commute to Bakersfield Nancy's suitcase handle broke. We got back to Michelle's around 11:30 PM or 12:00. We talked for a short time and then headed to bed as we had to get up early for the long drive to Phoenix. We had a really nice drive the four of us in Michelle's car. It was a bit compact, but we made it there by Friday afternoon. We checked in and then headed out to meet up with the rest of the group. There was a get together that evening with all the gals and we all had high hopes Ger would show up, but he was unable. George had tried placing a call to him, but somehow it was disconnected. I was not able to stay that night as I was so tired and not feeling real well-- guess you could say it was nerves and lack of sleep and lots and lots of stress. :) I did get to meet Carrie K. that night. That for me was a dream come true, because I have read many of her stories and written to her a few times and found her to be so sweet. Thank you Carrie, for the hugs and for ordering the larger size for the BH shirt. I will wear it with pride. Oh, and I really enjoyed your "Blonde Jokes." On Saturday Ger arrived a little after 2:00 PM. His plane was late, so you can guess we were all getting really anxious. When he did arrive, let me tell you, all hearts stopped in time. He is just so gorgeous, handsome, witty--but then you all know this. He talked a bit and asked questions and then the autograph session came. I was in the first group of 20--talk about scared! I thought I was going die there in line before I got up there, but I made it to the table. I was so nervous, but I managed to tell him my name. I had things I wanted to say, but words just did not seem to come, my mind was gone.... As Susan said, "I just can't remember!" :) That evening came the auction. We raised close to $21,000 just from the auction. Rose said we would get the total in our next newsletter. The great news is we topped last year's Gerthering. I wish I could have been able to bid on something as there were so many wonderful items there--a "raw" silk coat went for $3,000 and the "raw" silk pink shirt went for $900. And then there were the "Balls"--Xmas balls that is. :) Ger had a 'ball' selling, and we all had fun watching him. His wit and charm are so wonderful. I have to admit I got rather brave at one time when he was making his way through the aisle to model the raw silk pink shirt.... While he was walking in front of Nancy and me as we sat there, I could not hold myself back. When I had his behind in front of me, my right hand kinda reached up and patted that sweet little bottom. He never did turn around, thank God! :) I could not believe I did that! I just don't know what got into me! :) We had breakfast with Ger on Sunday, and then he finished up the last of the auction. He then went around to each and every table and gave hugs and kisses to all (almost all, Hi Susan). :) I got my kisses, 3 in all, and some wonderful hugs and one with Ger and me and Nancy T. Saying good-bye was hard--almost like losing your best friend when he left. But the memories we will all share are priceless. On our way back to Phoenix we crossed the desert to find snow. It was not much, but enough to cover the cactus, and we encountered a bit of black ice. But with Michelle's great driving we all made it to her place safe and sound. We had stopped at a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut drive-in on the way home for a bite to eat. Michelle ended up getting herself one of those "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" glasses. Well, Michelle did not finish her drink so I was the official cup holder. Let's just say that cup was passed around for each of us to hold as we each had our flashbacks of the weekend--sure was a lot of steam in that car too. The next morning when Michelle went out to load up the car, she got her cup out of the car. From the three of us holding onto her cup, somehow we managed to rub the print off it. I guess we got a bit hot that night. :) Ger has a way of doing that to you, he is just so darn "Hot"!! I also want to thank Michelle for taking Nancy and me to the Excalibur Casino. We had a great time checking out all the stores. We even found a few souvenirs to remind us of our weekend. I also want to thank Michelle again for letting Nancy and me stay there for the two nights. It was great sleeping in a real bed after being on the train and bus for close to 28 hours. I will never ever forget this trip. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me. This past year has been really hard on me with losing my son Jeremy in July, and then my mother-in-law in October. To finally put faces to the many people who have been there for support for me was great. You all are the greatest, and I am so very, very proud to be among you all. Take care, Vickie -------------------- From: CorvaCXVI@aol.com Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 01:24:04 EST To: bharbour@world.std.com Subject: BH: WWG4 Several of the Weekend attendees have posted detailed reports of Gerthering IV. I'd like to do something a bit different. I've been hearing about the previous Weekends from friends and by reading the various newsgroups and discussion lists I subscribe to. I knew what to expect as far as what type of an event it would be and the activities that would take place. The Q & A, the auction, autograph session, etc.) But nothing can prepare you for actually being there for the first time. It was a lot of fun to meet people I only knew through online chats and posts face to face. The Friday night party was a good opportunity for everyone to do just that. When Ger arrived Saturday, you could feel the energy level in the room rising. Then watching him in action during the auction later that evening was amazing. He sure has a way of getting a good bid on just about any item. From modeling an item of clothing, (and of course he looks terrific) or finding some feature in what ever he is auctioning at the time and making more fun comments than you would ever think possible. I had my autograph session at Sunday's Brunch and was a little nervous about meeting him and talking with him one to one. But he has the ability to put a person at ease right away. He was very generous with his time and made everyone feel special as he greeted them individually. I really enjoyed my first Weekend With Ger and will say that nothing compares to being there. I think that it all went very well and the whole thing was well organized. From what I could see, everyone seemed to be having a great time. I know I did. The GWDFC officers obviously put a lot of work into making this a memorable event for the members who were able to attend. Thanks to Rosemary, George and Quinn for all that you did to make the Weekend the success that it was and for bringing Ger and his fans together. Thanks also to everyone who helped raise the more than $26,000 for the Children's Hospital Foundation. Carol -------------------- Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 23:08:13 -0600 From: Sami Swan Thompson To: "bharbour@world.std.com" Subject: BH: Sami's Belated Ger4 Report - Part 1 Punctually-impaired, as always, I'm finally posting some of my Gerthering 4 notes. I'm posting these to the BH list, FK Main list, and UF list, so my apologies to those who receive it more than once. BACKGROUND STUFF Last May, I began working up the concept of a Forever Knight board game, with the goal of completing it for the GerIV Charity Auction. As usual, I greatly underestimated the amount of time and work that would be necessary to make this project work. It ended up taking eight months to complete! My beloved, twisted spouse was finishing the actual paste-up on the second game just one day before I left for Phoenix! Coming up with the ideas for the gameboard spaces, the "Message From the Captain" cards, and the "Take a Clue From LaCroix" cards turned out to be the easiest part. The hard part was fine-tuning the board layout and actually making everything work together. Nancy Taylor was a lifesaver - she tracked down all the odd photos and screengrabs we needed for the game. And she never grumbled for a second - even when my computer crashed and she had to send them to me all over again! Jeri Friedman got the correct info for the Forever Knight show credits, and helped me with the legalese disclaimers. Both of them offered constant encouragement during the "labor and delivery" of the project. We made two copies of the game. The first one (the original) was for the auction; the second one was for Ger to keep. Those are the only two copies - I didn't even keep one for myself, darn it! I'd already shipped the "Vampire Kit" {and other artwork we were donating} directly to the hotel in Phoenix. I took the two board games on the plane with me. After seeing two pieces of luggage lying out on the runway for who-knows-how-long, I insured my luggage for $3,500 - to be sure they wouldn't lose it! {Hey, it worked - everything was sitting in a neat stack, waiting for me - with an AA employee standing watch.} THURSDAY AFTERNOON I arrived at the hotel mid-afternoon to find that the hotel clerk had a wicked sense of humor. Rosemary Shad was visiting with me during check-in, and warned me that the clerk had been teasing Ger4 attendees all day. {He'd told Rosemary GWD had called to cancel!} My room was on the other side of the hotel - up on the top floor, in the official "non-smoking" section. Huge room, with a wonderful balcony overlooking the courtyard! {First time I've ever been rewarded for being asthmatic!} George and Rosemary got us a FANTASTIC room rate, too! The normal rate was posted as $159.00 per night. They got us a special rate of $59.00 per night! Later that afternoon, we were all hanging out in the lobby {loitering with intent, I'd say} just visiting - had a good chat with Quinn, Sally, Rose, and George. Ended the evening by collapsing on my bed and reading over my Algebra studies for about two minutes before falling asleep. Other posts have already covered the welcome party on Friday night, so I'll skip straight to Saturday in Part 2. SATURDAY Since I'm barely five feet tall, I often end up standing on a chair at the back of a room; even then, I can never see very much. But on Saturday morning, the front row was reserved for us shorties - so I actually got to SEE everything. {Sitting less than three feet away from Ger wasn't too bad, either!} The only downside of this arrangement was that my hair {a/k/a "That Which Will Not Be Subdued"} kept getting in everybody's way. I made several dives to the floor, in order to clear airspace for people to take photos. Just before Ger arrived, the temperature in the room began rising steadily. By the time he was getting settled in, the thermostat was being adjusted to compensate for all that combined body heat. Whew! It's wonderful to watch Ger work a room. He doesn't just walk through the door - he "arrives" - with a bundle of energy that stays with him every minute. You wouldn't believe the psychic energy that traveled around the room as Ger took off his jacket and started taking questions. The Q&A session seemed to move very quickly - at least, that's my excuse for not remembering enough about it. At one point, I asked him if he missed his infamous sweater from BH (the one Allie got last year); of course, he denied missing it at all. We know better. Ger did draw a question from the jar - and it was the one I'd put in there for Barbara Stone! She asked a question about Ger's kids and Catherine Disher's baby being in a particular scene {from "The Human Factor," I think}. Ger confirmed that Barbara's guess was right - both of his kids, plus Catherine's baby, plus the baby's nanny, were all in that scene. After the Q&A session, we moved on to autographs/photo ops. Despite the time constraints, things moved along nicely. However, there just wasn't enough time to move 90 people through, so I offered to wait until Sunday to have my stuff signed. {I figured it was only fair to let the first-time attendees go ahead. I remember last year - standing in line for my turn, thinking my head was gonna explode!} SATURDAY NIGHT Since I'd been so fortunate, seating-wise, during the earlier session, and since I knew I wouldn't be bidding on anything (being poor), I hung out at the back of the room for the auction. Believe it or not, it worked out just fine. During the "lighthouse" boxers bidding, Ger threaded his way through the crowd, so everyone could see. I was in the very back of the room, laughing hysterically at the string of jokes he'd just thrown out. I looked up again just as Ger dangled the boxers a few inches from my face. His bizarre sound effect of "WONK!" was enough to set me off again. Of course, he then went back up to the front of the room and modeled the boxers - over his clothes. And then there were all the erection jokes, too. What a hoot! The "Vampire Kit" sold for about $250, much to my delight. {This item was made by a good friend, a sculptor here in Dallas.} I was still anxious to see how much the FK board game would bring. You've already heard the saga of "Nick's Balls," so I can't really add to that. It was fantastic. The FK board game was the last item of the night. The bidding seemed to stall out around $700, and before I knew what was happening, I was on my feet, shouting out, "WHAT? EIGHT MONTHS OF MY LIFE is worth more than THAT!" As I stood there, horrified, wondering who had said that, I heard Ger say, "Well, that's true," or something to that effect. Ger read some of the "Take a Clue From LaCroix" cards aloud, goosing the bidding up a little more. Without any prior authorization from my brain, I heard my big mouth calling out, "Read some of the Captain cards! They're farther down in the box!" As Ger read the cards, I coached myself carefully: "Sami - this is your brain! Shut up, you idiot!" The game finally sold for about $900, and I was finally able to keep quiet for a few minutes. {Yes, I DID mark it on the calendar, smarty-pants.} SUNDAY I'm not good in the morning; everybody understands this. So it's completely in character that I staggered into the meeting room late. All of the tables looked full, but I couldn't really focus yet, so I couldn't find the people I was looking for. Desperate for caffeine, I headed for an empty seat at the table in the very back of the room. After lots of coffee, and breakfast, I could function well enough to go check out of my room, leave my bags in the hotel's storage area, and slip back into the meeting room. Ger wasn't even halfway across the room yet, so I had plenty of time. I spent the next 90 minutes or so studying for my algebra final - no kidding! I was desperate! Besides, I couldn't see Ger from way back there anyway. It turned out that lots of people needed to leave before noon; since I didn't have to leave until around 2:00 or 2:30 pm, I offered to visit with Ger last. {Don't be fooled - I was not being noble! I needed the study time!} Finally, I gave up on studying and put the book aside. About that time, I felt a hand on my shoulder, and Ger flopped into the chair beside me. "Thank you so much for making the game!" was the first thing he said. Talk about validation! I was very pleased to explain to him that there were only two copies of the game - and that the second copy was his. Much hugging followed. When I said, "I thought you might enjoy playing it with your kids," he said, "Oh, tonight! We'll be playing it tonight as soon as I get home!" I also mentioned that I'd tried hard to "tone things down a bit" in the game, but he started laughing, saying "Are you kidding? For MY kids? Don't worry about it!" He signed my stuff - photos for me, for my daughter, and for my pals, Barbara Stone and Paula Cobb. Then I said, very seriously, "Okay, Ger, now for the bad news." After fair warning, I reached into the box beside me, then shouted at all the folks holding cameras, "Quick! Capture the look of horror!" I held up the "God-Awful Texas" shirt - and Ger's horrified gasp was captured for posterity. After he recovered a bit, he leaned forward and touched the lettering, saying, "Um ... what's this made out of, anyway?" I explained that Texas is a very other-wordly place, so I'd tried to find the most other- wordly colors possible. He assured me that I'd been successful. I held the shirt out to him and asked, "Are ya scared?" {He was.} Always a good sport, Ger cheerfully stood and posed for photos with the shirt, which was a plain, grey, long- sleeved t-shirt -- until you saw the back, which said: TEX (in hideous red glitter) WYN DAVIES (in a green found nowhere in nature) After the photos, I folded the shirt up and said, "Now, don't worry. You don't have to wear the shirt. You don't even have to touch it. I'll just put it in this special bag, which has been designed for toxic materials." Rosemary laughed, "Ger, you could get your kids to wear it!" So I gasped, "Never! He LOVES his children!" We had a fine time, with lots of teasing and a fair amount of hugs and smooches - which, in my book, is just perfection. {Explanation: Sure, Ger is lovely to look at, but I'm much more impressed by intelligence and a sense of humor. I'm so pleased to confirm that he has plenty of both!} Afterwards, Ger had a little time left before he had to leave for the airport, so he auctioned off a few more items. You've already heard the saga of "Nigel's Nipples." Unfortunately, I dallied around too long, and suddenly realized that I had to leave - right away. I slipped out the side door and tore down the hall. I saw Ger again as I was ducking into the ladies' room. {No, silly, he wasn't in there - he was in the hall!} A few minutes later, I was at the front desk, asking about transportation to Sky Harbor Airport, when I felt a familiar hand on my shoulder again. I looked up -- way up, cause I'm so short -- and Ger was standing beside me, just drenched. I reached over and brushed some water off his lapel and said, "You're really wet!" He started laughing and said, "It's snowing! In Phoenix!" I didn't believe him, but he finally convinced me by pointing out the white snowflakes outside. It turns out he couldn't get into his hotel room, so he had come back to the front desk for help. The clerk fixed the problem while we waited. I was delighted that the computer was slow, because we had a nice visit. It was a perfect ending to a terrific weekend. Kudos to George, Rosemary, Quinn, Allie - everybody - for Gerthering 4! Sami P.S. FYI - everybody teased me about hauling my stupid Algebra book around during the Weekend, but it did pay off! I made an "A" on my test - still more proof of divine intervention. -------------------- Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 21:50:36 -0600 From: linda To: foreverknick@onelist.com Subject: [foreverknick] Trip to Won-Gerland -Thurs My Trip to Won-Ger-Land Thurs I met Candy Vogal at the airport in Austin TX and we flew together to Phoenix. Candy had been to G-2 and was enjoying me being the newbie as much as I was enjoy being with someone who had been before. We had only met once before at a FK party at my house , but we've kept in touch on line and I felt like we had been close friends for a long time. This was a feeling I was to experience over and over again during the weekend. We got to the hotel and split up to go find our prospective roommates. That first night was spent unpacking and getting acquainted and putting together a 6ft. poster of Nick Knight that I had made on my home printer. It came in about 18 pieces and was a real labor of love to put together. The eyes would seemed to follow you around the room. It hung on the wall opposite the bathroom door and would surprise the heck out of ya! The rest of the evening was spent checking out the local restaurants , bars and convenience stores and the lay of the land of the hotel and meeting facilities. It was at dinner that I got a chance to meet Wanda. Here is a lady who has only missed 1 Gerthering and was just as excited as I was at my first. We all talked about things we like to say to Ger and when I told them what I was gonna say , Candy bet me $25 bucks I wouldn't. It wasn't so much that they thought I was shy ,but that my mind would turn to jello and I just wouldn't be able to. Well...time would tell. Friday Friday was a day spent angsting over whether Ger would show or not. At noon we many of us met in the hotel bar to watch Forever Knight on the Sci Fi channel. It was "Fever". Many of the waiters and waitress got their first glimpse of who this fellow was that all these women had come to see. Then around 2 they closed the bar to the public and we watched outakes and dailys. It was great fun. All this time people were arriving and we all tried to meet and identify as many of us as we could. Then it was time to grab some food and get ready for the first event. We were under the impression that nothing was going to happen until 7pm but somehow the decision was made to open the room at 5 and start selling photos. They sold out quickly and were gone by the time we got there. So to those of you I said I would try to get photos for.....well maybe next time. We got all dressed up and went down to the party. The room was filled with anticipation. There were nearly a dozen of us from TX. We have a email loop for fans of Forever Knight called the Texas Knight Dreamers. I had made Texas Knight Dreamer badges for us and gave one to Rosemary in honorarium. Jody was handing out bandanas made to look like the Texas flag. We all gathered for a group shot and got Sally from England to take our picture. She was so kind to do it and she did with 10 different cameras. Somebody said say cheese , then somebody else said say Yee Haa! So we hollerd it out like good Texans. Yes sir the TX contingency had made quite an impression. And we were just getting started. It got to be later and later and still no Ger. He tried to call once but it didn't work out. We made good use of the time getting to know each other. Close to 11 I called it a night. It had been a real roller coaster of a day. Sat. Well we knew not to expect Ger before lunch. Did we sleep in? No! When your in a room with 4 women you start the day at 6am. I was usually the last one up. After breakfast we started forming a line in the hallway to the meeting room. We got in and rushed for good seats. A couple of rows back not too bad. I stared at the table where Ger would be later and marveled at the small corner they were gonna put him in. He would be so close to us. So close......jello was beginning to form. Rosemary and George talked to us about how they hoped things would go that day and tried to put us at ease. We had a quick auction and did some filking to pass the time. I had brought a bunch of filks I had collected on-line and offered to get up there and sing them. For those of you who don't know me , that's what I do for a living , so I wasn't nervous about singing but there was so much electricity in the room , so much adrenalin....whew! It was a rush! Then we heard George had left for the airport. Yeah!!!! The plane was late. Boo!!!! George was heading back from the airport. Yeah!!! They couldn't find Ger's luggage. Boo!!! Ger walked into the room.........Geraint Wyn Davies......smiling , wearing a black sports jacket and white turtleneck , black jeans and soft black suede shoes. It took a minute to get use to his voice. Its not as deep as Nick Knight's but flowed sweet and mellow and full of mirth. The question and answer session went along nicely and at some point someone ask him to pronounce his name. "Ah well" He said, "I've been told even I say it different every time I say it so...." I looked around to see where Candy was ,our bet was on the line. "Hey Ger"says I , "Would you like to hear how we say it in Texas?" "Sure!" says he. "Ger - ain't" I drawl out slowly. As soon as the laughter died down I continued with, "Then somebody will ask me, Well......Ger ain't what?" More laughter and Ger just shakes his head. Candy is ready to pay up! The next question I had planned , was to tell him about this long personal study I had made of all the kissing scenes in Forever Knight and could he demonstrate to us the difference between a real kiss and a kiss staged for the camera and do you need a volunteer? Well I never got to the volunteer part cause he stopped me before I got there to say they were all real kisses! Who Hoo! A little more jello here! Q&A was over , time for the autograph session. I was #12. Yikes! I got in line with my stuff to have him sign. I watched all the others go in front of me. Closer and closer and then I was next! The girl before me got up to leave and Ger reached for his coke....I'll give him a sec I thought... Jello.....George went over to say something to him.....jello....I was a bit transfixed by that time and George had to wave me on with a rolled up newspaper....go girl go. I sat down and said Hi! And Ger says,"Am I correct that you are the girl who did the music cd last year with one of my songs on it?" "Yes?" I squeaked. "Well I took it back to Nova Scotia with me and listened to it a lot. I really liked it." "Really?" says I. Then he went on to tell me that he might record some more of his music and donate it to the club. I told him that was such exciting news , to hear something that he had written , not some screen writer or playwright but something purely from the heart and soul of the man himself. Then I drug out my stuff. First a picture of Nick and LC and Janette. Then a FK collage that my daughter had made for me one mothers day. I told him back in those days I couldn't say his name at all so we all called him Oh Baby. So that was how he signed it to my daughter Love, Oh baby. Then I told him, "Well I have one more thing for you to sign....ME!" Which he did. Oh my! Then it was time for me to go and he turned to say goodby and I leaned in for a kiss.....and got one!!!!! I was so excited I thought I might explode. I grabbed up all my stuff and as I left the table I hollerd out Yeeeee Haaaa! George looked on in disbelief. I floated around for awhile and enjoyed Ger antics with the other girls. Of special note were Karen and Anne who brought toys for Ger to play with. Karen's armadillo and Anne's La Croix bear with the whip attachment were a real hoot. Time was running out and it was clear that Ger's late arrival was going to mean adjustments would need to be made in order to get the auction going on time. They ask for volunteers to wait to have their autograph session until the next morning. Many generous people raised there hands. We managed to capture front row seats for the auction. Ah....the auction. Its like a one man show. Ger on stage. Stand up Ger! I laughed so hard my face hurt. I had a piece of computer art that I had done of Nick putting the bite on the honey and wine girl and it with a script and an re-enactment went for $500. I felt sure that we wouldn't be seeing Ger in his underwear this year but I was wrong. Someone made these great Black Harbour boxers which Ger slipped on over his jeans and paraded around in. What a hoot! It was getting late and they finally called the auction to a halt for the evening. What a wonderful evenings entertainment....what an amazing day! Sun. Ok its day 4 with no more that 3 or 4 hours sleep a night since I left. But I don't care. I am feeling great and it the last chance to see Ger. We all go down for the breakfast. It's a lovely room and the tables a decorated for Christmas and there is a little Santa stocking for each of us with candy and a Santa pen and a club key chain. I thought this was a very nice gesture. Soon as Ger arrived the food was served. Poor Ger didn't even get to finish before he was saying goodbye to people who had to leave early. After breakfast he began to make the rounds. Normally this is a time to say goodbye and get that last hug and present Ger with any gifts you might have for him but this time he was doing all that plus finishing the autograph sessions from the day before. It was chaotic to say the least. I felt bad for the girls who had volunteered. It was like trying to talk to Ger on a busy street corner . Still if anyone could pull it off it was Ger. He stayed calm and focused and made the time spent with each person special . He finally made it to our table and just when it looked like it was my turn he started to head for the next table. I cut him off at the pass and said,"Oh no ya don't , your not getting away from me." I stepped up on a chair and held my arms out. I just wanted to be more his height , I'm not quite 5' tall. He came to me laughing and the next thing I felt were his hands under my thighs and I thought to myself "Uh Oh! I know where this is going!" He lifted me up and I wrapped both my arms and legs around him. I swear I didn't say Yeee Haa again , but I was thinking it. We were all laughing so hard and then I slid down to earth again. We hugged for a photo and as I was holding him I hugged him even harder and he hugged me right back and then I stole one more quick kiss , gave him a copy of my new cd which I had autographed for him and written "Now its your turn". Then he was gone. Off to the next table. I needed a break and went for a walk down the hall. It was all beginning to catch up with me now. The lack of sleep , the incredible highs and lows of the last 4 days, the wonderful new friends I had made and good lord what had I just done...jumped on Ger. On my way back to the room I had just passed the mens room and who should come walking out. Oh great! I have Ger walking just a few feet behind me. I turned and said, "Oh Ger I am sorry about the chair, I just get so excited around you." "Oh please", he says "Think nothing of it, I didn't mind in the least." And with that he put his arm around me and we walked into the room arm in arm. Then he went off to auction off 3 or 4 finale items. I went to my table. It was all too much. I sat there and let the tears flow. I wasn't unhappy just completely overwhelmed. The tears didn't last long though. Ger had us all in stitches again in no time at all. Then it was over and he was just about to leave the room. Just before he did I went up to him and whispered in his ear that Friday had been my husbands birthday and I had missed it by being in Phoenix and would he mind writing happy Birthday to him. He answered of course and quickly did it for me. Then he left the room. A little later I happen to be standing in the lobby when he was leaving for the airport. He was saying goodby to George and Rosemary was waiting in the car to drive him. He headed for the door and I said "Goodby Ger." I didn't think he heard me cause he just keep going but as he stopped briefly to let the door open he turned and said "Oh, goodby Linda." Then he got into the car and was gone. I was, and am, just amazed at the giving nature of this man. Look at all the wonderful stories I had to tell and I was only one of ninety. I will carry these wonderful memories with me for a lifetime. It really was like summer camp for grown up ladies. Sharing rooms and food and fantasies. Making best friends for a few days with people you have never met and crying when you have to leave. My fondest wishes are for Ger to have continued success in his public and private life, because that is what he deserves and for all of you to be able to attend a Gerthering one day. Maybe....just maybe ....I'll see you there. Fairy tales can come true they can happen to you...la de da de da -- Linda kingray@thrifty.net Tx Knight Dreamer / GWDFC-G4 / Dark Knightie Nick's Harem / Caddywhack / Harbourlight / FkN "I'm afraid I will have only you to get me through the day." Nick to condemned bimbos in Fallen Idol. (See Pit of) -------------------- Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:39:09 -0600 To: foreverknick@onelist.com From: Syren@interaccess.com Subject: [foreverknick] Michele's G4 Report part 1 Since I got several requests to create this despite the long delay here goes nothing. I was so nervous about the logistics of the trip that I barely thought about the Gerthering itself as departure time approached. I was terrifyed that I would get lost driving to an unfamilar airport, or miss the flight, or forget to pack something or something would be wrong with the room, etc. The fact that I had previously met Ger in april at the tournement also eased my nerves and I'd seen the tapes of previous weekends so I mostly knew what to expect. The travel agent had convinced me to fly out of milwauke, about a 45 minute drive from my home in the chicago suburbs and my plane ticket was 116 dollars cheaper this way also. In addition the airline, midwest express, which i had never even heard of before was a discount airline that was all first class. After the minor challenge of having to drag my two fairly heavy bags all the way to one end of the parking garage only to find that the tram was out of service and the terminal was all the way near where I had started then retracing my steps I was rather tired and starting to get nervous about the time issue. I stood in a fairly long line to check my bag, because of the delay in the garage I had only 15 minutes before the flight left by the time I finished checking in. Fortunatly General Mitchell is a small airport and the check-in person called ahead to make sure I wouldn't miss the plane. Now free of the heavy suitcase I jogged easily with my backpack and purse to the x-ray station, unfortunatly I was randomly chosen for a drug check on my backpack(in case anyone was wondering yes my bag came up clean, unless you count the dust on it) but now I was REALLY pressed for time. I nearly flew away from the security station the instant they released me and raced over to buy myself a pack of gum for the flight I really didn't have time for the detour but didn't want to risk my ears hurting. Then I raced onto the plane and grabbed a comfortable leather window seat, we took off a short time later. When i finally sat in my seat and caught my breath I couldn;t beleive I'd actually done it I'd made it on the flight with everything fine although I still worried about successfully reaching the hotel and finding my car when I got home. The meal onboard was very nice and I enjoyed the first class treatment at bargain price, in fact it was fairly edible. They also served complimentary wine with the meal, I was suprised not to be IDed as I know how young I look for my age. Later they served cookies which were also good. I spent the time on the plane sewing a button which had come off my sweater-jacket and reading a magazine, then a book. Finally we landed and I took a deep breath and hoped all would go well it still didn't completely feel real. After locating my single checked bag I walked out and caught a super shuttle to the hotel, my plane had been somewhat delayed due to winds and I was arriving later then I liked. I nervously walked into the hotel and scanned the lobby immediatly spotting the buttoins and signs and a few faces which were familar only from pictures I had seen but no one I knew personally. I went to the desk suddenly realizing that I was lucky I knew my roommate's full name as we really hadn't exchanged names other then first and handles. For a moment I wasn't sure if I could recall it but my memory, alternately photographic and sieve-like as it is, decided to cooperate and I was able to do a decent approximation of her name though I had no idea how it was pronounced. What can I say it was an online friendship, we in fandom are used to knowing people by handles and email address but to many other people it just freaks them out, I didn't really want to be in that situation and was happy to avoid it. Immediatly after learning where my room was I went over to the couch occupied by folks wearing those yellow buttons with the all too familar face on them and said hello. Soon after, I started encountering friends some whom I had never met before in person others who I had seen before. Some very recently at visions in fact. I went to my room and got rid of my stuff and meet my roommate, deciding to stay in what I was already wearing rather then change into my dress. I remember seeing george in the hall, he of course didn;t know me and I hadn;t even registered yet I walked down the hall witha few others and we encountered more folks who said the room wasn;t open right now try later so I didn't end up registering till fairly late on friday evening in fact I beleive i didn;t register till after we got back from dinner. Then the small group of us went down to the meeting room, I encountered more folks along the way who I knew and about 10 of us went in. I recognized rose from the tapes though she also did not know me. As soon as I said my name she said "Oh your Michele, everyone has been asking about you" My reply was a stunned "They have, wow" Then I got my shirt since small was a size they actually had. Moments later I heard many voices calling my name and eagerly went over to say hello then around the room looking for other familar names and faces. After meeting a lot of old friends and new we heard that Ger would not be arriving that night but was going to call. When Ger called I was near the front of the room and could here his voice somewhat. There were problems with the call both with transfering and with getting the speaker to work. Eventually Ger had to get off the phone and he was unable to call back that night. Saturday morning I spent socializing mostly. Exchanging stories and showing pictures back and forth with people. Ger's flight was unfortunatly delayed then they couldn't find his bags. Some people were rather unhappy to have a repeat of him missing the friday party and having him delayed and all. I knew it wouldn't matter, Ger really and truly cares about making things special for everyone and once he arrives he makes any previous difficulties just not matter. And that is exactly what he did :) Ger has a magic its really the only way to describe it, he is very much a human being with good and bad, strengths and weaknesses...and yet the man really is special. Its more then the charisma that Ger undeniably has or his admittedly good looks. Ger is a showman, he is playful, he is fun; and he is a genuinely good and caring human being who is always willing to give 150% be it in a performance or in being with us. It isn't an obligation to him or something to tolerate, his work is special to him, and so are his fans. I don't feel stupid being his fan because Ger is worthy of our admiration and support, not as the lofty inhabitant of a pedestal but as a facinating, entertaining, talented, and yes special human being. To be continued in part 2 Michele J. Alexander Original Twilight Knightie N&N/N&NNut, FoD, etc. Syd, Tucson, Visions 98, and G4 Syren@interaccess.com -------------------- From: "Bernadeen Brutlag" To: "Forever Nick List" Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 00:10:16 -0600 Subject: [foreverknick] G4 Memories From: "Bernadeen Brutlag" Hi all! Real life imposed itself shortly after I returned from G4 so I haven't had time to post. I have been greatly enjoying everyone's reports and pictures though. Most events of that glorious weekend have been reported, but I just have to add some of my strongest impressions. I remember thinking before I saw Ger that he probably wouldn't look as good in person as he does on film and in still shots, with makeup and all. Was I WRONG! He is so amazingly gorgeous in person. No picture does him justice. His voice was even richer and more resonant in person than I expected. Once again, film and tape don't do him justice. I have and love his audio tapes, but the range and quality of his voice can only fully be appreciated in person. His hands -- some of you have remarked about his hands. I love to watch them -- very expressive and beautiful. I think my most lasting impression is the pure power and charisma of the man. I've never been in a room with someone like that before. It took my breath away. If he weren't a good decent person, he could be very dangerous. Of course, my most lasting memory is his kisses. Between the autograph session, winning a raffle, buying an auction item, and the Sunday goodbye, I collected a few. Another amazing part of that weekend was to walk into a room and instantly be friends with more than 90 people. I have such fond memories of Friday night, even though Ger couldn't be there. And just sitting around talking about FK, BH and Ger the whole weekend was wonderful! I'll try to post more if RL will let me live in my internet world once in a while. See ya. Bernadeen ======================== Dark Knightie, NNPacker, GWDFC, G4 dena@prairietech.net -------------------- From: MSFRKNIGHT@aol.com Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:14:21 EST To: foreverknick@onelist.com Subject: [foreverknick] (no subject) From: MSFRKNIGHT@aol.com After several tries the fearless felines, Rascal and Squirt, have composed (that being a key word) their memories of G4. [To understand part of this tale, you’ll need to know that my Father collects diesel engines, air horns, whistles and sirens. He has these mounted on a truck and goes to various engines shows in the Mississippi area. Wanda ] R—Squirt, what are you doing? S—I’m writing about our G4 adventures. R—I’d rather forget the whole Phoenix thing. S—We will after I tell our pet friends about it. Anyway you were the one that just had to go. R—I wanted Ger’s autograph. S—So you decided that we should hide in Pet’s suitcase. R—How was I supposed to know she was taking the rolling one. S—The fact that it was empty didn’t give you a clue? R—You didn’t say anything when you got in it. S—I thought you had taken her clothes out. R—What difference does it make. She left without us! S—But we almost caught up with her. R—It was your idea to steal her Dad’s truck. S—Borrow. Anyway I noticed that you played with all the horns and whistles he has on it. R—You were having so much trouble with that stick shift that I had to blow the siren to warn pets that we were coming through. S—Blowing the siren was one thing. Standing on the top of the cab rotating a big flashlight covered with blue plastic wrap was an entirely different matter. R—It was foggy. S—That’s why I blew that big ship’s horn that’s mounted on top of the cab. R—I was standing beside it, flashing my light and you blew that thing! It scared . . . .me. S—Good thing you don’t wear pants. R—Not funny, Squirt. When we reached Gulfport the airport was fogged in and flights were delayed. S—Now tell them what you did. R-- I don’t know what you mean. S—One of your not so thought out ideas. R—So we ended up in the cargo hold of a different plane. At least we were on a jet S—We went to Atlanta! And Denver! Salt Lake City and Chicago! R—Yes but we ended up in Santa Barbara. S—Two days later! And you immediately started ringing door bells asking if Ger was home. R—I found him didn’t I. S—He was going to the airport. R—You’re just mad because you didn’t get to go to the litter box before we boarded. S—Another flying adventure with legs tightly crossed. R—Hey, Squirt. Why do they call those things "barf bags"? We’ve never eaten anything called "barf"? S—I don’t understand the way pets' think. Just be glad that we had the bags. R—Oh! I am! I was so sick I thought I was going to throw up my tail. S—That didn’t stop you from trying to get out of the cargo hold. R—I wanted to sit with Ger. S—But you kept fooling around with the landing gear controls. R—Landing gear? I thought that was a weird elevator. S—You caused the plane to be late. R—Are you saying that it’s my fault Ger arrived late? S—If the pawprint fits. R—What! First we’re talking about Ger and the airplane and suddenly you’re talking about pawprints. What are you? The Feline Bureau of Investigation. S-- FBI. Agent Squirt Ness. You must be Rascal Capone. R—I think skydiving out of the plane really shook up your marbles. S—I landed in the pool at the motel! R—Pick! Pick! It was precision diving. We didn’t have to worry about transportation from the airport to the motel. Plus, we arrived before Ger. S—I was all wet. R—You’re always "all wet". Didn’t I steal some towels out of Jungle Man’s room for you? S—The towels were fine. You didn’t have to chase me around with the hair dryer!. R-- You fluffed up nicely. S—I looked like I had stuck a claw in a light socket. R—That did make it hard for us to sneak in the meeting room. S—There were mirrors and columns with smoked mirrors. R—We hid under a table in the back of the room. S—Until Ger arrived, then the high pitched squealing drove us crazy. R—Hurt our ears. We retreated to the pets communal litter box. S—No sand in sight so we wandered back to the meeting room. R—We couldn’t slip in and get near Ger. S—Jungle had him covered. R—He was Ger’s secret service agent. S—Maybe he remembered us from Boston? R-- What happened in Boston? S-- We decided to wait outside until Ger went to his room. Then we would follow him. R—It was after midnight when the auction was stopped. S—Secret service agent George escorted Ger to his room. R—We were hot on their trail until they reached the elevator. When we heard the door close we ran to see what floor it stopped on. S—4th! We ran up the stairs. R—There as a closed iron gate to one section. S—We ran down the stairs. R—It was your plan! You know I don’t like to climb. S—It was a palm tree. A piece of cake. Climb it and we could get to Ger’s room. R—Yeah! For you it was a piece of cake. S—You’re a cat. Cat’s climb. R—Not this cat. Not anymore. Not that high! S—I’d almost reached Ger’s room when you started squalling. R—I needed a parachute! I was getting nose bleed! S—We’d almost made it to his balcony. I could have jumped onto it but. . . . R--. . . . . but, but. I was sliding backwards down a four story high palm tree! S—I was within inches of grabbing you when you hit the ground. R—I landed on my butt. I didn’t hit my head but I don’t remember anything else until we were back home. S--