Solemn Vows

 
 

Title: Solemn Vows
Author/pseudonym: Mrs. Fish
Fandom: The Sentinel
Pairing: Jim/Blair
Rating: PG
Warnings: Death story! Dark, disturbing, and not at all happy.
Status: Completed
E-mail address for feedback: mrs_fish@hotmail.com
Summary: This was written in response to the Senad 200 word snippet challenge. Where will Jim and Blair be 10 years from now?

Disclaimer: This story is written for the private entertainment of fans. No infringement of any copyrights held by UPN, Pet Fly Productions, or others is intended. This story is not published for profit, and the author does not give permission for this story to be reproduced for profit. The author makes no claims on the characters or their portrayal by the creation of this story.

Notes: I went to see the Bolshoi Ballet's performance of Romeo and Juliet on 6/17/00. My muse must have enjoyed it as much as I did.


The last of their friends and family gone, Blair Sandburg sat alone in the funeral parlor staring at the coffin containing his lover, James Ellison.

"Thirty five years, Jim," he whispered. "Not nearly the eternity we pledged to each other. But longer than a lot of people have together. I should be grateful."

Blair rose slowly and moved next to the casket. "At least the judge threw the book at the guy." Sandburg chuckled softly. "You would have been so proud of Daryl, man. He had the entire jury in tears during closing arguments. Hell, even the defense attorney was dabbing at his eyes."

Sandburg sighed heavily. "I miss you. It's like there's this great gaping hole in my heart. Just emptiness. Hell, ever since you brought me back from the dead we've been connected spiritually. And then when we became lovers..."

Blair reached into his suit pocket and removed a small, brown bottle. "We'll be together again soon, my love. And this time it will be forever."

Sandburg unscrewed the bottle and quickly drank down its bitter contents. As numbness spread through his body, the last thing he heard was the sad, mournful howl of a wolf.

The End.


Back to the Lair