Snippets

 

Title: Snippets
Author: Mrs. Fish
Fandom: X-Files
Pairing: Mulder/Krycek
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: m/m implied
Status: Completed
E-mail address for feedback: mrs_fish@hotmail.com
Summary: Various snippets posted to The X-Files lists precluding an off-topic post or response.

Disclaimer: These snippets are written for the private entertainment of fans. No infringement of any copyrights held by Ten Thirteen Productions, Fox, Chris Carter or others is intended. These snippets are not published for profit, and the author does not give permission for these snippets to be reproduced for profit. The author makes no claims on the characters or their portrayal by the creation of these snippets.


Mulder lounged on the sofa, apparently watching TV, but every so often he glanced up at Alex working on the computer. The man had been at it for hours, diligently searching for something; silently pursuing some bit of information that had somehow eluded him until now.

"Hmmm... wonder if Jim and Blair know about this."

Mulder hit the mute button. "What did you say?"

Alex turned in the chair, giving Mulder a smile before answering. "I'm sorry... just talking out loud. I found some info on a new law going into effect in Washington state in June. It has to do with unsolicited junk e-mail. I just wondered if Jim and Blair knew about it yet."

"Alex... Jim's a cop. And as much time as Sandburg spends researching on the Internet... What do you think?"

Krycek turned back in his chair, exited Netscape, hung up the modem and shut down the computer. He then rose slowly, turned and walked over to the sofa. "I think, Agent Mulder, that I've neglected you long enough for tonight. I'll be in the bedroom preparing myself for you." He bent down and kissed the other man gently on the forehead. "Don't keep me waiting too long."

Mulder watched Alex head toward the bedroom and silently counted to ten before he turned off the TV and followed.


"You good for nothing tin can! I ought to just throw you out the window and be done with it."

"Having computer problems again, Mulder?"

A dejected sounding sigh was his only response.

Alex rose gracefully from the sofa and placed a comforting hand on his lover's shoulder. "What's wrong, Mulder? Maybe I can help."

"I lost all my bookmarks; I wanted to print out one of Torch's stories and read it to you in bed tonight." Another sigh.

"Why don't you ask on your list? I'm sure someone would send it to you," the younger man suggested.

"Hey, that's a great idea. I think I will." Mulder began to type enthusiastically.

Alex returned to the couch and sprawled lazily, looking forward to what the night had to offer.


"I... really... fucking... hate... computers..." Mulder uttered between banging his head on the wrist rest.

Krycek was at his side instantly, gathering the other man in his arms. "Hey, stop that. You might damage something important." He kissed Mulder gently, squeezed a bit tighter and whispered, "What's wrong now, lover? Machine acting up again?"

Mulder burrowed against Krycek's neck and softly sighed. "I just sent a post to the list that was supposed to be private. And I know I changed the address... at least I think I did."

Alex chucked. "Well, you know what to do to apologize..."

The end.


Back to the Lair