See warnings and disclaimers in part 1


"Jim, do you really think we should've left Mulder alone? I mean, he was pretty shaken."

Ellison locked the door and tossed his keys in the basket before turning to his lover and wrapping his arms around him. "Chief, Mulder needs to be with Alex... alone. I'm sure he'll call if anything happens, so stop worrying, OK?"

"OK... Hey, you hungry?"

"Starving... How about Chinese?"

"Sounds great. Why don't you go take a shower and I'll call."

"Are you saying I need a shower, Sandburg?"

Blair tried his best innocent look. "I just thought that after everything you've been through today a hot shower would help you relax... and wash that fishy smell off you." The last comment was barely whispered, but Blair knew Jim would hear it.

"Fishy smell, huh?" Jim grabbed the smaller man and began nuzzling his ear, sucking the lobe, and licking Blair's neck while running his hands up and down the younger man's back.

"Jim... oh, man, I thought you were hungry?"

"I am... for you." Jim carried Blair to the bathroom where they quickly shed their clothes and got under the hot spray. It wasn't long before their bodies were pressed close, slick from a combination of soap and water.

"Jim, I want you. Make love to me, please."

"Oh, Chief..." Jim gathered Blair in his arms, pulling his lover closer, while capturing the younger man's mouth with his own.

Blair moaned as Jim's tongue dueled with his, sending waves of pleasure directly to his groin. He slid his hands up and down the larger man's back, arching into the warm flesh, wanting nothing more than to surrender himself completely to his lover.

Ellison pulled back and began trailing kisses intermingled with small nips and bites down Blair's neck, chest and stomach. He dropped to his knees and ran his tongue the length of his lover's cock eliciting a long groan from the other man.

"Oh, God... Jim..."

"What do you want, Chief? Tell me how to please you."

"I want you inside me... Take me... Make me yours..."

Jim rose and pulled his lover back into his arms. "You are mine, Blair... now and forever. We were meant to be together -- Sentinel and Guide -- nothing can change that. Nothing..." Ellison crushed his lips against his lover's in a bruising kiss before turning Sandburg around.

Blair spread his legs and braced himself against the tiled wall. His body shivered involuntarily as Jim ran his hands down his back and over his hips, coming to rest on his ass. He let out a small gasp as the first of his lover's fingers entered him.

"Did I hurt you, love?"

"No... just hurry..."

Ellison smiled at his lover's impatience. Jim slid another finger into Blair, scissoring it with the one already inside, opening and preparing the younger man for their lovemaking.

Sandburg pushed back against the fingers, pressing them further inside himself. "Jim... oh, God, I'm ready... please..."

Jim added a third finger to be sure of his lover's readiness before removing all three in one motion. He placed his cock at Blair's opening and pushed slowly -- not wanting to cause his lover any pain. He was taken by surprise when Sandburg pushed back against him hard -- forcing his cock all the way into Blair's ass.

"Oh, yes!"

"Easy, baby..." Jim pulled out of his lover slowly, then pushed in hard several times before establishing a rhythm guaranteed to send them both over the edge. He reached around and grabbed Blair's erection firmly, stroking it in time to his thrusts, trying desperately not to go into sensory overload.

Sandburg's moans were almost constant now, and he sensed the younger man's imminent orgasm microseconds before he felt the hot cum spurting over his fingers. The feel of Blair's ass muscles constricting over his cock caused Jim to cum as well, and the two men slumped against the wall together, sated.

The older man reluctantly removed himself from Blair, drawing his lover into a tight embrace and kissing his forehead. "I love you, Blair."

"I love you, too, Jim." Sandburg held the Detective tightly, not wanting to break the connection they shared. A blast of cold water against his back quickly changed his mind, and the two men dried off, dressed and headed for the living room.

"Chief, didn't you say something about Chinese earlier?"

"Umm... I seem to have gotten distracted before I could call. You want the usual?"

"Sure..."


Twenty minutes later the food arrived and was quickly consumed by the two ravenous men. Blair disposed of the cartons, then snuggled on the couch next to his lover with a contented sigh.

Ellison's fingers roamed through his lover's soft curls, and he leaned back, pulling the younger man closer until Blair was covering him. "Mmm... perfect, Chief."

"Jim?" Blair raised his head to look into his partner's face.

"Yea, Chief?"

"Do you really think Alex is gonna be OK?"

"You're really worried about him, aren't you?"

"Yea... We weren't together that long, but... there was something about him. I can't explain it, Jim. It's like... I don't know... a connection between us."

"A connection? Like there is between us?"

"Not that strong, but it felt the same... like we belonged together."

Jim rolled the younger man onto the couch and stared at him. "What are you saying, Chief? Do you think Alex is a Sentinel?"

"I don't know. I'm just telling you how I felt. You know, I could run some tests on him when he's feeling better."

"Somehow I don't think Mulder would approve. He seems very protective -- almost overprotective of Alex."

"Like you are with me?"

"Yea... Blair, you don't think?... No, never mind. Forget it."

"What?" Sandburg sat up, his face animated. "Do you think there's another kind of connection between Mulder and Alex than them just being lovers?"

"No... We're just reading our own feelings into things. Look, it's been one helluva day, Chief. Whaddya say we call it a night and hit the sack?"

A slow grin spread across Sandburg's face. "Whatever you say, big guy." Blair jumped off the sofa and ran to the stairs. "Last one in bed sleeps on the wet spot," he yelled as he raced up to their bedroom.

Jim sighed and turned off the lights, chuckling as he made his way up the stairs to bed.


Darkness... impenetrable darkness and... another presence with him. Oh, God... he was back in the silo with that... that thing. He could feel the cold, slick liquid oozing over his hand, creeping up his arm... He tried to scream, but the only sound to escape his raw, parched throat was a strangled gasp as the entity slowly made its way across his stomach and up his chest.

Movement was impossible. Terror gripped every muscle in vise-like spasms, preventing his escape. It was at his throat now -- black, sinewy tendrils slithering over his chin and caressing his lips like a lover's gentle kiss.

Eyes squeezed shut, heart pounding in his chest like a jackhammer, breath coming in short gasps... Alex Krycek braced himself as he felt the creature sliding inside his nostrils, and with a sudden rush of adrenaline, he opened his mouth and screamed...


Mulder leapt to his feet as his lover's anguished scream echoed across the tiny room. He instinctively reached for his gun, hesitating only when he realized they were alone.

Alex's eyes were open and wide with terror; his hand clutched the sheet in a death-grip. He was pale and trembling and Mulder approached him slowly, not wanting to add to his fear.

A nurse chose that moment to burst into the room, causing both men to jump. Mulder quickly assured her everything was all right and she hesitantly left them alone.

Mulder stood next to the bed and spoke softly to the terrified young man staring up at him, gingerly laying his hand over Krycek's. "Alex... Alex, it's me. It's OK... It was just a nightmare. Everything's going be OK now. I'm here... I'm here and I'm going to take care of you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you... Alex... Alex, please..." Mulder gently touched the younger man's cheek, caressing it with the back of his hand. He smiled as he saw recognition forming in his lover's eyes, and was rewarded with his own smile from Alex.

"Fox?... Oh, God, it is you." He tried to raise his hand, but Mulder held it firmly in place.

"Easy... Alex, you're in the hospital. They've got you hooked up to an IV and monitor, so you have to lie still, OK?"

"OK, but... Fox, I want to hold you... Please... I need to hold you."

"Shhh... I know... I know..." Mulder sat on the bed and carefully gathered Alex into his arms, nestling him against his shoulder. He rained tender, almost chaste, kisses over Alex's forehead, eyes, and cheeks before pressing their lips together and sharing a brief moment of passion.

"No... don't stop." Alex moaned in frustration as Mulder's lips pulled from his.

"Alex, listen to me. I'm not going anywhere. I promise. But you need to heal before we can be together. And I'm not going to jeopardize your recovery for a quickie, understand?"

Krycek thought it over for a moment, then answered, "On one condition."

"And that is?"

"You crawl in here with me." Alex patted the hospital bed. "I want to wake up in the morning and see your beautiful face next to me. We've been apart far too long, Fox, and I don't want to lose a nanosecond of time with you."

"A nanosecond of time? You computer geeks..."

"Hey, I'm tryin to be serious here. Really... Will you share my bed, Agent Mulder?"

Mulder shuddered. "Damn. I think I'm going to need a cold shower first. Alex, do you know how much I want you right now?"

"Probably as much as I want you. But I promise I'll behave myself if you will. I'll try to anyway." Alex gave a half-hearted chuckle.

"Deal. Let's get you moved over a little." Together they got Alex as far to the side of the bed as they could without making him uncomfortable, then Mulder toed off his shoes and crawled in with his lover. He rolled to his side and draped his arm around Alex's waist, snuggling as close as they could, and pulled the blanket over himself. "How's this?"

"Wonderful. I missed having a warm body next to me -- your warm body specifically. I love you, Fox. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you..."

"Shhh... go to sleep, Alex. We can talk tomorrow." Mulder kissed his partner softly on the cheek. "Sleep well, lover, and no more nightmares."

"Goodnight, Fox. And the nightmares will stay away as long as you're here next to me. I love you."

"Love you too, Alex. Night."

"Night." Krycek closed his eyes, finally unafraid to face the darkness that surrounded him.


As promised, Jim and Blair arrived at the hospital the next morning with Mulder's suitcase, a bag of fresh blueberry muffins, and a thermos of coffee. They were about to knock on the door when a nurse came out, obviously trying to be quiet.

"Oh... Detective Ellison, you startled me."

"Sorry, Susan. How are you?"

"Fine, thanks. Hi, Blair."

"Hi. Nice to see you again."

"I don't think you want to go in there right now." Susan inclined her head toward the door.

"Why not? Is everything all right?" Jim took a step forward, but stopped when Susan placed her hand on his chest.

"Mr. Kamarov is fine. More than fine by the looks of it." The young woman giggled. "Nice to see you two healthy for a change. Try to stay that way. Bye." She turned and started walking toward the nurse's station, but Jim heard her sigh and say, "Why do all the good looking ones have to be gay?"

Jim stifled a laugh and ignored his lover's questioning gaze. "I'll tell you later, Chief. C'mon, let's see how Alex is doing." The two men walked in the room and froze at the tableau before them.

"Uh, Jim..." Blair whispered. "I think this calls for a strategic withdrawal." He put Mulder's suitcase on a chair and followed Jim back into the hallway.

"I think Susan was right, Blair. Alex is more than fine." Jim put his arm around the younger man's shoulder and steered him toward the elevator. "Let's go to work. We can come back later when they're awake."

"They looked good together." Blair got in the elevator and Jim punched the button for the lobby.

"Yea, they did. Content... They looked content."

"And happy. Content and happy. Umm, Jim... have you ever... I mean... did you ever want to..."

"Just spit it out, Sandburg."

"OK. Have you ever wanted to have sex with multiple partners?" The elevator doors opened, but Jim just stood there staring at his partner in disbelief. "Jim... c'mon, man, let's go. Earth to Jim... Come in, Jim." Blair waved his hand in front of Ellison's face trying to get his attention. He finally just grabbed the larger man's arm and pulled him out, oblivious to the stares they were receiving from the people wanting to get on.

Jim wrenched free of Sandburg's grip and the two of them made their way to the truck in silence.


Ellison gripped the steering wheel hard enough to turn his knuckles white, and he could feel the muscles in his jaw twitching.

"Jim, I'm sorry. If I'd known you were gonna get this upset..."

"Shut up, Sandburg!" Even Jim flinched at the ferocity of his words. He took a couple of deep breaths, leaned back in the seat, and closed his eyes.

Blair was taken aback by Jim's outburst. Something was very wrong here. When his partner leaned back against the seat, Blair placed his hand softly on Jim's arm. "Hey... what's wrong, lover? Talk to me, Jim... please..."

Jim answered, but didn't open his eyes. "I'm sorry, Blair. I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that. What you said just reminded me of some bad times in Vice, that's all."

"Tell me."

"Blair..."

"Tell me, Jim. We promised each other complete honesty in our relationship. It'll help to get it out in the open. You know that. I'm here, lover... Please tell me." Blair moved closer and put his head on Jim's shoulder.

Jim relaxed slightly -- comforted by his lover's touch -- took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I was investigating a nightclub owned by a small time hood named Billy DiCosta. He was allegedly running a stable of young boys for preferred clients. I eventually became one of those preferred clients. One night DiCosta told me another client had something special planned. It involved multiple partners. Asked me if I was interested. Of course I said yes. Turns out it was going to be a gang rape. I found out later the intended victim was 12 years old."

"Oh my God... Jim, I'm so sorry. If I'd known... oh, man, I would've never said anything."

Jim pulled Blair into his arms and held him tightly. "It's OK, Chief. You didn't know. Besides... I know why you asked."

"You do?" Blair looked into his partner's face.

"Mulder and Alex, right? You thinking of a foursome?"

Blair knew he was blushing. He could feel the heat in his cheeks, as well as a tingling in his groin. "Well, actually... yes. I'm sorry, Jim, but they're both hot."

Jim laughed. "Hot, huh? You want hot? I'll give you hot, Blair Sandburg. Just wait til tonight." He tilted the younger man's face up and kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Jim. But do I really have to wait until tonight?"

"Don't push it, Sandburg. Buckle up." Jim started the truck, pulled from the parking lot, and headed for work.


A persistent, high-pitched trilling drew Mulder from the realms of Morpheus to what could be construed as a semi-wakeful state. He reached out to stop the offending intrusion into his sleep, when his hand encountered not the expected alarm clock, but warm flesh. His fingers danced lightly over the stubbled skin and Mulder grinned, remembering who it was lying beside him.

A warm, raspy tongue suddenly swept across the FBI agent's palm, sending a flash of pleasure straight to his groin. This was quickly followed by a sleepy, "Morning, lover."

Mulder rolled over and stretched, then leaned on one arm facing Alex. "Morning. How are you feeling?"

"A bit groggy, but fine otherwise. Can I have a morning kiss?"

"You can have any kind of kiss you want, lover. But only from me." Mulder bent down and claimed Alex's mouth with his. Their tongues dueled playfully until they were finally forced apart by oxygen deprivation.

"Dammit, Fox, I need you." Alex panted, grabbing his partner's hand and pressing it against his groin. "Please, baby, touch me."

"Alex... Are you sure you're up to this?"

Krycek grinned and responded, "If I were any more up, you could use me for a damn flag pole. Please, Fox, I want you, and I know you want me as well. We both need this. C'mon, baby... Please."

Mulder reclaimed his lover's mouth as his hand slid beneath the thin hospital gown and firmly grasped Alex's erection. He stroked his hand up and down the hard, hot flesh, encouraged by his lover's moans and thrusting hips, and his own erection pressed against the other man's leg. Mulder reluctantly broke their kiss and moved to nip and suck on the soft skin of Alex's throat, laving each tiny bite to ease its sting.

"Oh, Jesus, Fox! I... oh, God... I'm not gonna last."

"Me either." Mulder thrust harder and faster against Alex's thigh and quickened the rhythm of his stroking. A moment later both men cried out as their orgasms were torn from them, temporarily sating the need both had felt.

Mulder rolled over, snagged a tissue from the bedside table and wiped the cum from his hand before once again snuggling against Alex's warm body. "Feel better?"

"Mmmm... like a new man."

A choked laugh escaped the FBI agent as he recalled the last time Alex had responded to him that way. "Should I check your eyes?"

"What?" Alex turned to face his lover. "Oh... No, I don't think you need to worry about aliens this time, Mulder. It's the terrestrial life forms you should be concerned with. This life form in particular. When can we get out of here so I can get you alone and have my wicked way with you?"

"Why don't I see if I can find your doctor and find out, OK?" Mulder kissed Alex tenderly, then crawled out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. He came out a few minutes later, a little more composed and exited the room with a "Be right back."


After a thorough exam, Dr. Blakely pronounced Alex fit to be released from the hospital, but wanted him to remain for another day. Alex and Mulder adamantly refused, so the doctor signed Krycek's release papers and wished him well, but not before listing a number of things to look out for.

Once the doctor was out of the room, Mulder called Jim and asked if he could pick them up from the hospital. Forty five minutes later Mulder and Alex were dropped off at the loft before Jim headed back to the station.

"Sandburg should be home around 4:00. Just make yourselves at home. Mi casa es su casa. I'll see you both tonight. Oh, and I don't have to remind you not to open the door to anyone do I?" Pausing for just a beat, he continued with, "No, didn't think so. Behave yourselves while I'm gone, kids."

Mulder locked the door after the Detective left, turned to Alex and with a wicked grin asked, "Wanna fool around?"


SeaTac Airport
Seattle, Washington
One Week Later

Alex sat slumped in the airport waiting area, looking as dejected as he felt. He and Mulder had said their good byes to Jim and Blair at the loft and had taken a cab to the airport. Now the FBI agent was making arrangements for his return to DC and Alex's to London.

Krycek took a deep breath and his chest constricted with pain. No, he absolutely would not cry. Not here. That's not how he wanted Fox to remember him. A gentle touch to his arm reminded Alex where he was.

"Hey, you OK?"

He looked into his lover's face and smiled bitterly. "Yea, I'm fine. What time does your flight leave?"

"Twenty minutes, same as yours. C'mon, we're at the wrong gate."

"What are you talking about? This flight goes to DC."

"I know it does. But that's not where we're going."

"We're not?" Alex asked as he followed Mulder through the terminal.

"Nope... A week isn't nearly enough time together after being apart for a year, Alex. I've got all this vacation time stored up, so I told Skinner I was taking two weeks off. He approved it. You don't mind, do you?"

"Mind?" Alex grabbed his lover and held him tightly. "What do you think?"

"I think we're creating a public display. Hold those thoughts until we get to the hotel."

"Where are we going anyway?"

"Someplace warm and private."

"That's all you're going to tell me?"

"I don't want to spoil the surprise. Trust me?"

"I thought your motto was 'trust no one'."

"It is. I'm asking you to trust me."

"With my life and my heart, Agent Mulder."

"That goes both ways, Alex." Mulder stopped and moved to the ticket counter and checked them in before rejoining his lover.

Alex was staring at the destination sign. "We're going to..."

"Shhhh... I said I wanted to surprise you. This is just the beginning."

"I love you, Fox." Alex leaned against Mulder's shoulder, feeling safer than he had in a very long time. Safer and quite contented.

Fifteen minutes later the boarding call came for their flight. Mulder took Alex's hand and squeezed it as they made their way along the gantry and waited to find their seats.

As the plane took off, Alex took a quick glance out the window, then turned to face his lover with a wicked grin on his face. "I don't suppose you're a member of the mile-high club are you?"

Mulder groaned and tried to ignore Alex's laughter. It was going to be a very interesting trip.


Epilogue
852 Prospect
Three weeks later

Jim unlocked the front door, unconsciously listening for the calming heartbeat of his lover. When he walked in, Blair was sitting on the sofa, legs crossed under him, typing away at his laptop. He looked up and greeted his partner with a brilliant smile.

"Hey, Jim, you're home early."

"Simon told me to take off. Said I needed a break after the events of the last several weeks." He moved to the refrigerator and
reached for a beer. He held up the bottle and turned to Sandburg. "You want one?"

"No thanks, man. Dinner will be ready in about half an hour."

"Sounds good, Chief." Jim settled on the sofa next to the younger man, content for the moment to just enjoy his close proximity.

"Oh, wow."

"What?"

"I was just checking my e-mail and there's one here from Alex."

"What's he say?" Ellison sat up and moved closer to his partner so he could see the computer screen.

Blair turned the laptop slightly and they both began to read.

To: bsandburg@rainier.edu.com
CC: F_Mulder@FBI.gov
From: Ratguy@worldnet.com
Date: September 18, 1997
Subject: We're Both OK

Hey Blair!

Just wanted to let you and Jim know that Mulder and I are both OK. Actually, we're more than OK.

When we left Cascade, I thought Fox and I would head our separate ways pretty quickly. It's just too dangerous for us to be together for very long. Boy was I wrong. He can be pretty devious when he wants to be. ; )

Turns out he bought us tickets to Hawaii. We spent two weeks there in a very secluded bungalow getting reacquainted. But that's not the kicker -- he proposed, Blair. Can you believe it? He proposed to me on the plane. I sat there and cried like a baby and he held me and we didn't care who saw us.

The ceremony was pretty simple, but we both wanted it that way. We spent the rest of the day in bed making love. We even made love on the beach. God, Blair, I've never loved anyone like this
before. I didn't think I could. I just wish... I just wish we could be together like you and Jim. You're so lucky to have each other; I'm glad Jim found you. He's very special and so are you. You'll always be very dear friends to both of us.

Geez, I'm getting all mushy here. Tell Jim that Mulder didn't buy that Special Forces training bullshit story he made up when Fox asked him how he was able to track me after I left the loft. The man has a Ph.D. in Psychology, hates unsolved mysteries, has an eidetic memory, owns some of the most obscure reference books on earth, and he's the most paranoid person I know. I'm sure he'll figure it out, so if it's something you need to keep quiet, I suggest you let him know or Jim will end up being investigated as an X-File. : D

OK, I've rambled enough here. You and Jim take care of each other. Like I said... you're both very special. I hope I'll be able to get back to Cascade some day. I can't stay in hiding forever. I don't want to live like that again; and I don't think I can now that I've got a husband. God, that sounds so weird. If I didn't have this gold band on my finger, I'd think it was all a dream. A very pleasant dream, but...

All the best,

Alex

P.S. Love you, Fox.

Both men sat quietly for a moment after reading the message. Finally Jim reached over and took Blair's hand in his and kissed it.
"I love you, Chief."

"I know you do... I'm glad they got to spend time together. They've been through so much... they deserve some happiness."

"It'll all work out eventually. From what Alex told me this... Consortium... was fully exposed by his evidence. They might want
revenge, but what good would it do them to kill Alex? He's no longer a threat. Somehow I don't think he and Mulder will be apart much longer."

"I hope not. Not to change the subject or anything, but should we tell Mulder about you being a Sentinel?"

"That's up to you, Blair. Do you really think he'll figure it out?"

Blair's answer was interrupted by a chime from his laptop indicating he'd gotten a new e-mail message. He glanced at the sender's name and smiled. "Maybe this is our answer."

"Huh?"

"Just read, OK?"

To: bsandburg@rainier.edu.com
CC: Ratguy@worldnet.com
From: F_Mulder@FBI.gov
Date: September 18, 1997
Subject: Re: We're Both OK

Hi Blair (and Jim?),

I got the CC of the message Alex sent you, and wanted to add something of my own to the conversation.

I agree you and Jim are very special to both of us. I don't know how I can ever thank you for what you did. If either of you ever need anything, just call... and I'm there.

Now... about Jim's tracking ability... I've heard some tall tales in my time, but that story was the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard. I know covert ops delves into some strange things, but how do you train someone to track a person's scent? That's what Jim was doing, wasn't it? I watched him when we were in the loft. He closed his eyes and sniffed several times, like he was trying to zero in on a particular scent -- Alex's scent.

I recently came across some excerpts from a fascinating monograph written by Sir Richard Burton. It described what he called 'sentinels' -- tribal watchmen with heightened senses beyond normal humans. Isn't that what your doctoral thesis is based on, Blair? The existence of sentinels? Oh, I know the actual existence of sentinels is highly disputed. There are individuals who appear to have one hyperactive sense, such as taste or smell. People who develop perfumes need a highly developed sense of smell to distinguish the different scents necessary in creating a fragrance, but there hasn't been any evidence of anyone with all five senses enhanced. It's very interesting. I found several X-Files dealing with the subject. Maybe you could use the information in your research. Let me know if I can help.

Well, guys, I'm gonna call it a night. If I'm ever in the area, I'll be sure to give you a call.

Thanks again for everything,

Mulder

P.S. Love you, Alex.

"Damn. He knows, Chief."

"Alex said he was sharp. You worried?"

"No. We can trust both of them." Jim took a long swig of beer and settled back on the sofa again. "When did you say dinner was going to be done?"

Blair glanced at his watch. "Just about now. Just let me log off and I'll get it."

"OK, Chief. Need me to do anything?"

"Nope, I've got everything under control."

"Good."


Dinner eaten and dishes washed and put away, Jim laid back, pulled Blair into his arms and settled the younger man over him like a blanket. "Feels nice, Chief."

"Yea, it does. I don't think I'll ever get tired of this... just being with you; holding you."

"Me either. I love you, Blair." Jim kissed the top of his lover's head and squeezed just a little tighter.

"Ditto."

Jim smiled at the reference. It was one of their favorite movies and always made both men teary-eyed. Maybe because it reminded them of their own mortality and the unpredictability of life. They both lay there quietly for some time before Jim broke the silence.

"Blair?"

"Yea?"

"Are you happy?"

"What?" Sandburg leaned up on his elbows and stared quizzically at his lover.

"Are you happy? With us... the way things are?"

"Where the hell did this come from? Of course I'm happy. I love you, Jim. You're my life, my love, my... my soulmate. Whatever
made you think I wasn't happy?"

"Nothing... I... I don't know. Sometimes I think I don't give you enough. You'd tell me, wouldn't you? If I wasn't?"

"Jim, lover... You've given me so much. And I'm not just talking material things here. You've given me your unconditional love; your heart; your soul... not to mention the most incredible sex of my life. What more could I ask for?" Blair grinned wickedly and wiggled his eyebrows.

Ellison couldn't help but chuckle. "You're incorrigible, Chief, you know that?"

"So I've been told. Seriously, Jim... what brought this on?"

"Alex's message... when he said that he and Mulder had gotten married... it got me thinking, that's all."

Blair sat up, straddled his lover, and clutched Jim's hands tightly in his. "Hey... you and I are bonded together by something... something bordering on the mystical. This Sentinel/Guide relationship has taken us in directions I never ever dreamed of, Jim. And I certainly don't need a piece of paper or a ceremony to tell me what my heart already knows -- that I love you and you love me and we're together forever. So you can stop your thinking right now... and just kiss me, OK?"

"With pleasure, Chief. C'mere..." The kiss was long and sensual and both men were panting heavily when they parted.

"I think we should move this upstairs, Jim."

"I think you're right, Blair. Go on, I'll lock up and be right there." Jim secured the chain on the front door and checked all the windows before turning off all the lights in the loft. He walked slowly up the stairs, realizing how very lucky he was to have Blair in his life. He sent a silent prayer of thanks to the gods for his good fortune and asked them to watch over Alex and Mulder and keep them both safe.

Blair was naked, his body softly outlined in moonlight. Jim quickly undressed and joined his lover, and they both forgot about the rest of the world for a little while as their love surrounded and completed them.

The end.


Back to the Lair